main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Juhanni, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Sends in the Emporer against a group of five bass ackwards degenerates and a noble Jedi Knight.

Five minutes later

Covered in blood and carrying six lightsabers Sidious exits the Arena. "I wiped them out. All of them." Then he proceeds to cackle at the Huckleberries ineptness.

Ken's thats how are match would've went. Effortless.

2. SacenSolo

SacenSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2005
    I do remember one draft when I had a similar team of pure darksiders [...] it's good to see that people have started to see teh light

You mean started to see the Dark? [face_mischief] :p

Blade skill is unmatched in Sidious, Dooku, and Maul...it seems as if the weakest link is Vetnress adn SAdow...

In terms of blade skill, Ventress is quite the strong link. Not so much when it comes to power, but in skill she's a beautiful asset to those top 3.

EDIT: Hand, that's not how it would've went. And you know that...Kenobi/Skywalker pwn everyone. [face_devil]

3. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I never argued that Sidious would beat TUF Luke. But Dooku AND Sidious would beat TUF Luke and the battle probably would not last too long. You overlook Dooku's skill with a blade, coupled with Palpatine's power AND skill and I just don't see Luke putting up much of a fight

That's all I'm saying.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    and I just don't see Luke putting up much of a fight

[face_plain]

5. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Translation: Luke loses in under 10 minutes

6. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    No, Windu, you have no idea how good, TUF Luke really is! They would NOT take him down in under ten minutes, there's no way. He's so much better than anyone in this draft it's not funny.

Horax, can you clarify your decision for me a little bit. You said I lose based on my weakest links... but that doesn't make sense to me. My top three are better than his, so who cares if my bottom three are worse? Do you see my point? It's not like that they are so absurdly worse that it's just a 6-3. Luke can take his TOP TWO picks on for a lengthy period of time. How can you completely ignore a fact like that? Please.

7. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    My top three are better than his, so who cares if my bottom three are worse?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Backfields make winning teams.

8. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    Burd its called a team for a reason. As far as I see your only advantage is at the #1 position, and that isn't by alot, otherwise the rest of my team simply overwhelms your team. At least thats my opinion.

9. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I've read TUF, I know how good Luke is. You just fail to realize how powerful a Master/Apprentice trump is, especially when the fighters are Sidious and Dooku

10. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Yeah, but, from what I read, Horax based his judgement solely on the fact that my back three is weaker than yours? That doesn't make sense to me.

PS. Thon > Maul

PPS. Luke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sidious

PPPS. Luke >= Sidious + Dooku

11. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    You just fail to realize how powerful a Master/Apprentice trump is

What about the brother/brother trump? Like, say, Jacen/Anakin? :_| :p

12. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    Thon = Vodo therefore, Thon < Maul sorry play again.

While Luke is the best individual fighter in the draft I find it utterly ridiculous to say that he could take out Sid and Dooku.

13. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    Vodo > Thon, sorry

14. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Sure.

First off, Sidious, Dooku, and Maul or Luke, Nomi, and Thon. That's pretty darn close. Yes, Luke can beat any of them one on one, although Sids could win %50 of the time. We've seen that Dooku>Nomi earlier in the match. Maul vs. Thon is still a had match to judge. Maul has him in skill, but Thon has him in power. All things considered, both top 3's are VERY SIMILAR all the way around. A team depends on cohesion, which I spoke about briefly, but will expound upon here. TVV have Sidious, who trained Maul and Dooku. They also have Venterss, who was trained by Dooku. Then they have Nadd and Sadow who were from a different era. However, the top four players were all trained by the same principles and from the same "Lineage," if you will. Burd's Enforcers seem to be powerful, because Luke trained Corran, Kyle, and Jaden Korr at one point or another. Nomi and Thon are from a different time frame as well...so basically, while I said in my earliest post that cohesion goes to TVV, it IS basically even again. This brings us to the weakest link category, adn Kyle Katarn and Jaden Korr, while good in a TRUMP, are rather weak individually or ina team setting. Unfortunately, Burd's weakest link is weaker than TVV's, hence my decision.

15. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    OK, thanks Horax, makes it a little more clear to me, however, just a couple more things I want to point out.

although Sids could win %50 of the time.

If you are referring to Sids winning against Luke 50% of the time you are dead wrong. Luke wins, 100% of the time.

One other thing you seem to have forgotten when you were speaking about cohesion is Nomi's BM.

Anyways, thanks for the clarification.

16. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001

I cancelled out the BM since Sids has it, too. I figure Sids has massive power, so the BM would at least be equal to Nomi's.

Also, I just don't see Luke beating Sidious all that much. But that's me.

17. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Fair enough.

The only thing I disagree with is Luke killing Sidious. He is too strong at this point in his life. He beat his ass when he was probably about 1/20 of what he is now.

The thing about the BM, is that we know Nomi is a master, we don't really know that Sidious is. Just like we don't know that Yoda spent 900 years getting better at fighting.

18. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    Just like we don't know that Yoda spent 900 years getting better at fighting.

*waits 7 days to respond* :p

19. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Fine, bad example, I was just trying to illustrate we can't assume anything.

I love Yoda as much as the next guy.

20. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Isn't there there a grace period of a week till the spoiler ban is lifted?

21. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    Fine, bad example, I was just trying to illustrate we can't assume anything.

Not too much, anyway... *cough* Tulak Hord *cough* :p

22. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Yes, Tulak Hord!

What was I talking about?

23. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    I think there is. But there shouldn't be all of the people on these boards are more than likely going to see it opening weekend. However I'm biased as I'm spoiled rotten.

24. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Me too...Isn't it glorious?

25. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Not too much, anyway... *cough* Tulak Hord *cough*

*throws a handful of horse crap in Sacen's face*

Pfft. Stupid name. [face_not_talking]

:p