main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Juhanni, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SacenSolo

SacenSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2005
    Throwing poo at a sock, now? Is this what you've sunk to, Durron?

[Dooku] Surely you can do better! [/Dooku] [face_mischief]

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Uhhhh... I've got it! [face_idea]

*throws a bigger wad of crap*

[face_dancing]

3. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    *wipes it off casually*

You better pray that you miss the sign-ups for the next Draft, Durron, because I will not be taking any mercy upon you! [face_devil]

4. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Oh that's it!

*lays down a piece of cardboard and busts out some old school moves*

Boy, you just got served! [face_talk_hand] Face!

5. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Corran's judgement is coming...

~Corran

6. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    *yawns, opens up on Durron with some Force Lightning*

It's not the East or the West Side...

...it's the Dark Side! [face_devil]

7. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Weeeeeeee Corran is on!

This is clearly a popularity contest, so I am just gonna sit back and look as cool as I can.

*Sits back, looking cool*

8. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Knock 'em out the box, Luke. Knock 'em out.

Yet another exciting day, eh? :p

EDIT:

*pats burd on the head*

Yes, you're cool and don't let anyone tell you different. :rolleyes:

:p

9. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    Hahaha, you can't look cool with those monstrosities you call feet. You could put a gift shop on those things, hahaha...

EDIT: Indeed, Durron...indeed... :p

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Check this snazzy new Emperor Palpatine Icon out! I made this! Yay!

11. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    What the heck, you want a button or something? :p

12. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Yeah, Moron, what do you want from us?

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Why not KacenSolo... and keep the K thing going?

You could also get KanSolo, KarthVader, KarKarBinks, and KorranHorn.

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, Moron, what do you want from us?

Some Burd points would be nice.

15. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    Hey Moron, why don't you Kuck off and quit making fun of my Kucking name. Moronic mother Kucker...I swear.

:D :p

16. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Well, that is a sweet icon, I think 35 is appropriate.

17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Nice one, Moron...

...but I like this new one. That's one smokin' Chiss. And she's a Jedi to boot! =P~ :p

18. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Why is Kyle always considered a weakest link in the draft? He is one of the best NJO Jedi. No other Jedi has as much experience as Kyle against other forces users, except Luke. He took out 7 fully trained Dark Jedi with NO TRAINING. Jedi Masters can't even take out 7 terrorists with out getting injured. He has Imperial and Rebel training. He is a fighter. He knows how to get down and dirty. Also, he taught himself how to use the force at first. NOt only that but he tuned them enough, in a very short time, to take on these Jedi. And you can't say these are pooka Dark Jedi either. One of them was strong enough to stay alive while being cut in half. Not only that he was able to use the force to levate himself around and fight and keep himself alive. The other Jedi was blind and was so in good in the force he could use that to see. Even Kriea says that that takes extreme power in the force. He has been able to resist the darkside of the force, to the degree that he can use darkside powers without fear of the darkside. So this means in a battle he has the upper hand on most 3rd rounders.

Then there is Desaan, who took it to Luke. Sure this wasn't TUF Luke but that is still impressive. Even Luke considered him a big threat

Throw in the countless Reborn, who are just as good as those Dark Jedi in KOTR that you run into all the time. And don't forget those stormtroopers who he cuts down by the dozen. These guys are much better then the Sith infantry.

Sure Kyle is no Raven or Exile, but he is at least as good as Bastilla. He is better then the majority of PT Jedi in this draft and KOTR era Jedi.

Despite all this he gets zero respect in this draft. But people like Kyp Durron have. What has Kyp Durron done to show he is so much better than Katarn. How many Dark Jedi did he defeat? Would he be able to steal the plans for the Death Star? He couldn't even escape from Kessel. I mean Han and Chewie got caputered there and were able to get out in like a week. Sure Kyp was able to get the Sun Cruiser out of the Yavin sun, but he needed Kuns help.

The only thing that is hurting Kyle is that he was not spoken of in the NJO, except in the TUF. Hopefully, in this rumored Jedi Knights game that takes place during the NJO, we will know what he was up too.

End rant

Bye the way Ken, when are you updating you Fic.

19. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    The Finals:
    The Vicious Vets vs. Burd's en-force-rs

Time to break it all down!!

Darth Sidious < Luke Skywalker
    Count Dooku > Nomi Sunrider
    Darth Maul < Master Thon
    Asajj Ventress < Corran Horn
    Naga Sadow < Kyle Katarn
    Freedon Nadd > Jaden Korr

Right off the back, looking at it this way (which is how I, personally, see it), the en-force-rs start off the match with the advantage in the individual department. Both teams have an impressive Top 3, which no doubt helped each team conquer their respective conferences. On one side, you've got Luke, the greatest Jedi on the board, paired with the impressive and powerful duo of Nomi and Thon. On the opposite side of the fence, you've got Sidious, arguably the greatest Sith to terrorize the galaxy, along with two of his strongest apprentices in the deadly Maul and Dooku. I think that burd has the slight edge in the Top 3, but it could generally be called a push. Where burd tops Hand, however, is in the bottom three. Corran/Kyle/Jaden, provide an extremely well balanced arsenal of skill, power, and experience, something I don't think that Asajj/Naga/Sadow could hope to match. It's been said that backfield make champions, and burd's team certainly has the better support field...

Next up, we have skill: Luke, Nomi, Corran, and Kyle provide the core amount of skill for the en-force-rs, and do a damn good job of it. Each of these fighters were widely known for their prowess with the blade. The Vets gain their skill offensive from their Top 4 of Sidious, Dooku, Maul, and Asajj; a very impressive group as well. All four of these Darksiders are deadly with the blade, and have not been afraid to show it. Honestly, I think that the Main 4 on each team would be able to battle to a stalemate with each other, so I look at the 2 members of each team not mentioned. Naga and Freedon against Thon and Jaden. In my eye, Thon tips this category in favor of the en-force-rs; he's a master with the blade, and was the one who gave Nomi the bulk of her training; though she would go on to surpass her master in skill. While Nadd is also very proficient with the blade, Naga was much more known for his power as opposed to his blade. Add in the skill of Jaden that we saw during Jedi Academy, and you get the small edge to burd.

Power is where things get tricky. Like in skill, both teams possess their stars in this category. Basically it's the same people as before, except switching Corran for Thon for the en-force-rs, and Asajj for Naga for the Vets. The en-force-rs gain their power from their impressive Top 3, and rely on Kyle to pick up slack in the back field. The Vets, have a nice balance of power up and down their boards, with the obvious powerhouses of Sidious and Naga taking a bulk of the work. I can't really agree with Hand that this is a blowout as far as power goes, if anything, it's a push. But, with some heavy hitting darkside power, I think that the Vets edge out this category against Luke and company.

Experience is a little bit easier to decide upon, in my eye. While Sidious is a bad-ass Sith, he doesn't have much experience to fall back on; as he mainly hid in the shadows and let his lackeys do all the work for him. Sadow, also, doesn't have much experience in his pocket, as the Sith of his time purposely hid from the Republic, and thus wouldn't have had much time fighting Jedi. While the other 4 members of the Vets have plenty of experience, these two holes stand out pretty wide, in my view. On the flip, the only hole that the en-force-rs might have is from Jaden, and even that isn't anything to sneeze at. The rest of this bunch all has a wide array of experience, and I would argue that Luke and Kyle alone have enough experience to match what the Vets can throw their way, but the rest of the group locks this category for the en-force-rs.

I'm tying cohesion and intangibles into the same category, because I think they play off each other. As far as regular team cohesion goes, I think both teams are about even; both possess some

20. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    so i just finished LOE, then to further confuse myself i went to hyperspace and re-viewed chapters 24 and 25 in the clone wars. i'm a tad confused now. i know that there cannot be 100% continuity through these various EU sources, but man, they could've done a little better. though, i just have to say, i think i liked the cartoons better. the book was good, and i liked the dynamic they focused upon between anakin and ben. but is that trip that dooku takes to nevran, or mimban or whatever supposed to explain anakin's prophetic ghost hand journey? geeze. sorry to dump this here but i thought it would make more sense to do that than to start a whole new thread about it.

holy crap corran, that was a serious breakdown

21. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    You're reaching a bit when you say he's better than the PT Jedi and on par with Bastilla.

Han and Chewie were on Kessel for months, not one week.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    You're reaching a bit when you say he's better than the PT Jedi and on par with Bastilla.

Ummm, no he's not.

~Corran

23. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Wow, incredible judgement Corran. That is how a Jedi Draft fight needs to be judged. Even if I didn't get the vote I would still say that was still one hell of a breakdown.

Corran apparently sees things just like I do, and when you read an explanation like that, it makes more sense than perhaps I tried to convey.

Well, Hand, it's down to the third vote, and whichever way SB votes, that is probably who will win the draft. Either way, if I do lose, I'm glad it's to you. Next to SB and possibly E_S, you are the GM that deserves to win the most, because you have been right up there in nearly every draft you've played in.

24. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    just for the record, i would have to agree that kyle katarn basically =s bastilla shan in just about every category.

25. SacenSolo

May 7, 2005
    He took out 7 fully trained Dark Jedi with NO TRAINING.

He couldn't even take on a pansy like Jerec without help from freakin' Rahn, and the rest of the little minions were less than Pookas. :p

Jedi Masters can't even take out 7 terrorists with out getting injured.

[face_laugh] Beautiful reference to Piell, there... :p

He has been able to resist the darkside of the force, to the degree that he can use darkside powers without fear of the darkside. So this means in a battle he has the upper hand on most 3rd rounders.

He barely resisted surrendering to it on Dromund Kaas, and his use of Dark Side powers in the Jedi Knight series (a debated topic) is due to game mechanics. Kyle knows absolutely zero of Vergere's teachings, which Jacen found some truth in and melded into his belief of the Force, teaching it to Luke so that both would to be able to use Dark Side-esque techniques such as Force Lightning while being balanced. But even then Luke feared he had tread a fine line with the Dark Side during the fight in TUF, and noted that Jacen and Jaina had similar effects.

And even if he did have Lightning, there's no way he'd be able to hang with many of the third picks in the Draft-- guys like Jacen, Maul, Thon, and Asajj Ventress.

Throw in the countless Reborn, who are just as good as those Dark Jedi in KOTR that you run into all the time.

Dark Jedi in KotOR >>>>> Reborn

And don't forget those stormtroopers who he cuts down by the dozen. These guys are much better then the Sith infantry.

Sith infantry >>>>> Stormtroopers

Sure Kyle is no Raven or Exile, but he is at least as good as Bastilla.

Bastila > Katarn individually, in all categories. With the BM intangible for teams, Bastila >>> Katarn.

He is better then the majority of PT Jedi in this draft and KOTR era Jedi.

Better than some of the lower echelons of those two eras. But nothing compared to Yoda, Mace, Kenobi, Skywalker...or Revan, Malak, Bastila, the Exile.

Despite all this he gets zero respect in this draft. But people like Kyp Durron have. What has Kyp Durron done to show he is so much better than Katarn.

Do you really want to get into that? [face_plain]

Would he be able to steal the plans for the Death Star? He couldn't even escape from Kessel. I mean Han and Chewie got caputered there and were able to get out in like a week.

He was the one who got Han and Chewie off planet, genius. :p

Sure Kyp was able to get the Sun Cruiser out of the Yavin sun, but he needed Kuns help.

...and then you read through the rest of the JA Trilogy, I, Jedi, the Jedi Academy comics, Darksaber, etc...all the way up and through the New Jedi Order. And then it's apparent that Kyp Durron is the third strongest Jedi in the Jedi Order next only to Luke and Jacen. :)

Bye the way Ken, when are you updating you Fic.

Well, I'm working on it, but it's either gonna be one long part or two shorter parts. Haven't decided yet.

Asajj Ventress < Corran Horn

Erm...eh...poop. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.