main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The Second Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Juhanni, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    You have a fic, Ken? Hmmm, I'll just might have to check that out... but probably not today. I'm busy for the rest of today. With real lame crap, too. :(

And that actually reminds me that I've been completely neglecting my fic. Jeez, it's been like two months since I updated that sucker...

2. SacenSolo

SacenSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2005
    You have a fic, Ken?

Yeah, spoilers though. Deals with Mace Windu. Really badass stuff. :cool:

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Bah, I live on spoilers. They're my life blood. :D

4. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I may have went overboard on a few things there, like him being as good as Bastilla.

You like the Piell reference? If there is one thing that irks me more then the lack of respect the Katarn gets is anything involving Even Piell. I mean that guy, just annoys me. I don't know why, but there is something about the look on his face.

Oh and I, Jedi Kyp still has the power of Exar Kun too, doesn't he?

And I will admit it, I dislike Kyp too. Not as much as Piell BUT I dislike him. ALways going around with his own ideas and I am better then Luke attitude.

And to show how good Kyle is: He is able to take people down with one hit of his light saber, it takes a Revan like two or three direct hits. And don't say it is game mechanics. We all know that KOTR game is exactly how it went down. That Revan died numerous times in that game and just appeared by the will of the force at the last check point, lol

5. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    I haven't checked in for a while. What round are you guys in?

6. SacenSolo

SacenSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2005
    Oh and I, Jedi Kyp still has the power of Exar Kun too, doesn't he?

He's still under Kun's tutelage through part of the book, but it's a great reference to Kyp's abilities and his skill in accordnance with his power in the Force-- emerging as the student in the Academy, being called things like a "Force genius" and such.

ALways going around with his own ideas and I am better then Luke attitude.

That's part of what makes him awesome-- not some sweater-vest wearin' "Let's have a flower party and enjoy the Light Side" Jedi. He's a powerful badass, and he knows it-- circa TUF he's matured a ton, and he's not half as arrogant, but he's still that badass from JAT. :cool:

And to show how good Kyle is: He is able to take people down with one hit of his light saber, it takes a Revan like two or three direct hits. And don't say it is game mechanics. We all know that KOTR game is exactly how it went down. That Revan died numerous times in that game and just appeared by the will of the force at the last check point, lol

[face_laugh] Niiiiice... :p

EDIT: I haven't checked in for a while. What round are you guys in?

Game 1 of the Finals. Hand vs. burd, and it's come down to a final third vote in teams. Winner of this is likely to take the Finals, unless some magic numbers come along.

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Wanted to reach over 60 posts with my brand new sock. Otherwise, The Ken Kenobi is back! :D :cool:

8. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Kyp was a lot better in TUF, although that whole encounter with that slayer....

And I will admit that he is better in the force then Kyle, but there is no way, NO WAY, he is more bad-ass the Katarn. This guy has bad-ass written all over him.

Force: Kyp >> Katarn
    Saber: Kyp >= Katarn
    Experience: Katarn > Kyp
    Intangibles: Katarn has a lot more training in hand to hand and weapons then Kyp so it goes to him
    Bad-assness: Katarn >>>> Kyp

9. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Kyp was a lot better in TUF, although that whole encounter with that slayer....

:p Gah, I got tired of hearing that so I finally broke it all down after the Kyp/Hord match. Did you see that post?

And I will admit that he is better in the force then Kyle, but there is no way, NO WAY, he is more bad-ass the Katarn. This guy has bad-ass written all over him.

[image=http://www.ubiquitouspitt.hypermart.net/kypdurron/art/kyp/kypevil.jpg]

Find a more badass pic than that, with Kyle in it. Go on, try to find one. :cool:

Experience: Katarn > Kyp
    Intangibles: Katarn has a lot more training in hand to hand and weapons then Kyp so it goes to him

Lumping both of those together, Kyp's experiences in the JAT/I, Jedi alone solidify him as being almost on par with Katarn. Add in the Jedi Academy comics, and then the NJO one-on-one (well...one-on-many I suppose :p ) encounters with Yuuzhan Vong warriors...yeah, total Kypage right there. [face_mischief]

Bad-assness: Katarn >>>> Kyp

Jacen > Kyp > Katarn > just about everyone else in the NJO, save maybe Jaina or something

10. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    And we wait for SecondBest.

11. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    second to the best

12. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    There is a split vote?

13. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    KK: That pic is more metrosexual than badass.

14. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  15. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    I'll get started on it.

16. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    How would you know, Suzuki? :confused: :p

17. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Jedi Master star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I almost convulsed when I saw Corran's judgment

Asajj<Corran
    Naga<Kyle

Something stinks around here. And it's the idea that the above two statements are correct.

I'd contest such insanity, but it's made me a little ill

18. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Where's Stat Boy? There's still another 1 or 2 matches left in these Finals, and I'm itchin' to get prepared for the next Draft... [face_mischief]

19. Ben-Starweilder

Ben-Starweilder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    me too, i've got my team all picked out. and my team name too, there'll be plenty o' surprises out of this old man before too long.

20. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I've got about 5 more team names lined up... :p

21. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Corran vs. Asajj

Power:
    Corran > Asajj

Skill:
    Corran > Asajj

Experience:
    Corran > Asajj

Intangibles:
    Corran > Asajj

Seems pretty straight forward to me

Kyle vs. Naga

Power:
    Kyle < Naga

Skill:
    Kyle > Naga

Experience:
    Kyle >> Naga

Intangibles:
    Kyle > Naga

Yeah, you're right WINDU; total insanity... [face_plain]

[hl=silver]~Corran[/hl]

22. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    THE FINALS:

The Vicious Vets (3) - Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus, Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress, Naga Sadow, and Freedon Nadd
    vs.
    Burd's en-force-rs (3) - Luke Skywalker, Nomi Sunrider, Thon, Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn, and Jaden Korr

Individual

Luke > Sidious
    Nomi < Tyranus
    Thon > Maul
    Corran < Asajj
    Kyle < Naga
    Jaden < Freedon

Edge: The Vicious Vets

Now on to power--one one hand, you have the Vicious Vets, whose power is its main strength. Sidious, Tyranus, Sadow, and Nadd form a fearsome front in the power department. The en-force-rs are no slouches with Luke on the side matched with Nomi and Thon, but they are just a few notches below the VV.

Power: The Vicious Vets

Experience--this is a bit more eimple for me. The VV doesn't show very much experience at all, with Sidious only fighting a couple times, as well as Maul. Sadow and Nadd have few experience. Only Tyranus and Ventress stick out. But Burd's team consists Luke, Nomi, Corran, Kyle, Jaden, whom all have very good experience right down the line. The en-force-rs take this category.

Experience: Burd's en-force-rs

Now to skill-- both teams don't have the most of skill in the draft. On Hand's team though, they have just a little more. Tyranus, Maul, and Ventress show me more as skill guys with Sidious in the background for now. I don't really see skill as strength on the en-force-rs. You have Luke of course, with Nomi being the only other one. Thon hasn't shown me his skill, as well as Corran, Kyle, and Jaden. Oh sure, they have the experience. But they aren't people with tremendous skill. So this is a slight edge to the Vicious Vets.

Skill: The Vicious Vets

Cohesion is slight easier, but it's not by a huge margin as some would think. On Hand's team, we have Sidious and his two apprentices. But how would they fight together? Asajj has the connections with Tyranus of course. But Nadd and Sadow don't seem like they will follow very well. But Burd's team has decent cohesion with mixed eras, but we've go Luke/Corran, Luke/Kyle, Kyle/Jaden, Nomi/Thon. So this is a sound edge to the en-force-rs.

Cohesion: Burd's en-force-rs

Leadership is close, but Luke > Sidious in those terms. Thon and Nomi also make excellent leaders, so the en-force-rs take this category quite easily over the VV.

Leadership: Burd's en-force-rs

Now we are split 3-3, just like the score. It comes down to intangibles. Battle Meditation is times two on both squads with Nomi, Thon and Sidious, Naga. So that is canceled out. What does it come down to? It's very hard to tell with these two teams very easily matched. The only thing it comes to is which categories are more important. Individual, power, skill? Or experience, leadership, and cohesion? I think power is the most important categories, with experience in second. Skill is third. So I'm seeing that the individual edge Hand presses on Burd, as well as his more powerful, skilled team is much more impressive than having a better leader and cohesive team in Burd's. This is a tough way to vote, but with the two best teams possibly making one of the best finals ever, one has to find a way to vote. It's a shame one of these teams has to lose, but that is the will of the Force.

Winner: The Vicious Vets

23. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Interesting...

[hl=silver]~Corran[/hl]

24. Ben-Starweilder

Ben-Starweilder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    :eek: i can't believe it! you guys flipped the burd!

25. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Jedi Master star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    You cannot be serious Corran...Are you?

It'd be funnier if you were joking...

Power going to Corran? Uhhh, Corran comes from a strong bloodline, but he himself is weak with the Force especially when it comes to telekenisis

Skill? Asajj has killed a dozen and a half Jedi during the CW, she gave the frickin CHOSEN ONE a run for his money. Corran is totally outclassed in skill.

Experience once again goes to Asajj, since quality is better than quantity. Killing 17+ Jedi Knights is waaaaaay better than Corran could ever do

Intangibles do go to Corran, if slightly. Dual-phase saber could trip Asajj up for a few seconds, but she also wields dual blades, or a double bladed saber. Corran gains his edge in his earlier training

Kyle vs Naga is even more outrageous... But I'll be quick since there's no point in arguing anymore

Power: Naga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kyle

Skill: Naga<= Kyle

Experience: Naga< Kyle

Intangibles: Naga>Kyle..... Naga is a Dark Lord of the Sith, his knowledge of the Force simply eclipses anything Kyle could possibly know or be able to do.

It's pretty clear that Naga deserves the victory on power alone! But I digress

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.