main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Juhanni, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Congrats, Hand, representin the Alderaanians.

Have fun in the next draft, everyone.

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Tatooine >> Alderaan

"It's just a fact!" [face_mischief]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Duh Ken. Alderaan got blown to Timbuktu by the Death Star. All of it's participants should be eliminated by default.

4. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I thought it got sucked away by a Darkstaff? Or does that weapon just blow? :confused:

5. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003

Ken's attempt at humor: Fission Mailed

:p

6. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    You're right.

But that statement wasn't half as sucky as the actual Darkstaff... :D

7. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    *Sees past Ken's thinly veiled attempt to hide his fear of the Darkstaff*

Don't worry Ken, if we face, you'll get the Darkstaff shoved right into your face, and then some... :D

8. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    My wangajang > the Darkstaff, case closed

9. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Wangajang?

I am deeply offended.

10. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Thanks all. Great matches Burd. You really had me on the edge of my seat during the team battle.

I think Mr. Sith and Suzuki_Akira should be given dibs on next draft seeing as they helped me select a formidable team as well as defending it vigorously.

EDIT: Hands MoronDude the heads of his opponents as promised. "All too easy."

Laments that one the heads is not of the Huckleberries.

11. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    And I think I should have gotten into the Finals. We can't all get what we want, Hand, you lucky turd. :p

12. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Luck? there is no luck only skill and the oppritunity to use it effectively.

Anyways: Vicious Vets > The Huckleberries. Its a fact.

13. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Due to the most gracious of posts by Hand, he can have my half of Championshipness. He is now, 'Full Champion'.

But please, if I miss the sign ups for- what would it be the 10th time? 11th?- please sign me up. I I believe that only E_S and I are the last remaing active drafters who have never won the whole thing. It would mean a great deal to me if I beat him. :p

14. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Great fight Hand. The team battle was intense for me too. I threw out all the arguments I had, and I think it was the first time I really, really tried to argue something this draft, which means I feared your team, and I feared it good.

Anyways, little surprised that Nadd got the win there, but what can I say. I had pretty good numbers that second round, you just had the better team. Again, well fought, and you are a deserving champion, glad I lost to you, and I didn't lose crying like a chump.

I was this close to being the first repeat champion since Madine back in 2003. I hope you can pull off the feat next draft Hand.

It's been a good run for me, having the longest winning streak ever, of 16 games. I also have the second highest winning percentage of all time, next, ironically to SecondBest. But, with that all said, it will be fun to take up the judging seat. Pure judge I have never done, I GMed and I commished, but never judged, so it should be fun.

SB and Horax, if you GM, I won't vote for you in any match, because I hold grudges, and I hold them hard ;). See you guys in a few weeks.

15. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Just paying back the favor you gave me in the 6th draft of 2004, Burd. ;) :p

16. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Just paying back the favor you gave me in the 6th draft of 2004, Burd.

Was that when I beat you?

17. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Nope, when WINDU beat me.

18. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    I DIDNT VOTE AGAINST YOU!

19. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    YEAH YOU DID!!!!!!

20. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Finals! (Round 2)

Match 1: The Brotherhood of Darkness (EMPEROR_WINDU) (3) vs. Three Guys, Some Girls, and a Half-Dozen Lightsabers (SecondBest) (3)

Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Darth Malak, Sora Bulq, Darth Bandon, Lumiya

vs.

Luke Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Bastila Shan, Depa Billaba, Mara Jade Skywalker, Kam Solusar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, seeing how as this very well may be the last judgement of this draft, I feel it should have some time put into it.

Let's break this down into categories.

Force power: Both sides of this competition has some extreme talent. Sidious is the ultimate force power power of all the powers. Luke is not far behind. Malak, Bandon, both powerful in the force. Other than Luke, I don't think TGSGAAHDL has that much to show for force power in comparison to the awesomeness of TBOD.

Edge: Guitar player for U2, and The Brotherhood of Darkness

Skills: Let's give a little individual breakdown.

Darth Sidious < Luke Skywalker
    Darth Maul = Qui-Gon Jinn
    Darth Malak > Bastila Shan
    Sora Bulq < Depa Billaba
    Darth Bandon = Mara Jade Skywalker
    Lumiya < Kam Solusar

When you look at it this way, SB's team out classes TBOD in terms of sabre skill, and I agree with the individual rankings, because they are mine. I think the sabre skill of SB's team, is simply better than TBOD's team.

Edge: Three Guys, Some Girls, and a Half-Dozen Lightsabers

Experience: Again, Maul and Malak have more experience than their respective opponents, but other than that, SB's team has the experience advantage when it comes to fighting. However, it's not a huge advantage in the other four spots, with the exception of maybe Luke over Sidious. I find it hard to determine a clear cut winner in this category.

Edge: Push

Leadership: This category, again, is a push in my eyes. Sidious has absolute power when it comes to controlling people, and Luke is one of the best leaders of Jedi that ever lived.

Edge: Push

Cohesion: I am against Ghost on this one. I see a nice straight line in favour of SB's team. The lightsiders will just work better in this match than the darksiders. But we all know that I don't really care about cohesion.

Edge: Three Guys, Some Girls, and a Half-Dozen Lightsabers

Intangibles: This category is stupid altogether, therefore, let's just skip it.

Decision: This is a very close match. Both teams have their advantages and disadvantages. SB's team has the edge in the actual fighting part of the match, while TBOD has an extreme power advantage. What ultimately does it for me, is the huge difference in the third spot. Malak is leagues ahead of Bastila, and can hold his own, if not hold his own for a very long time against the top two of SB's team. I think if there was any other single pick that Windu made besides Malak, I would be giving the match to SB, but he is there, and he is intimidating, so that's why I give Burd's Final Pat On The Bum to.....

The Winner of The Sixth Installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft: The Brotherhood of Darkness

You did! I win (or I lost, actually)![/b] :)

21. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Man, I was a sucky judge.

22. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    burd, if you're judging next Draft, just remember...I let you win in the playoffs because I love you. So...yeah, remember that. [face_mischief] :p

Vicious Vets > The Huckleberries. Its a fact.

Bring back the Vicious Vets on June 2nd. I'll be bringing Episode II of the Huckleberries. And you better pray you're not in the Tatooine Conference... [face_devil]

23. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    SB and Horax, if you GM, I won't vote for you in any match, because I hold grudges, and I hold them hard . See you guys in a few weeks.

Remember Burd, when you won, I personally congratulated you by IM. I thought that high enough of you as a person, and you rule. Please vote for me in everything next draft.

24. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I seriously cannot ******* wait until the next Draft. :D

Revenge of the Sith on May 19, Revenge of the Huckleberries on June 2. It's like a cornucopia of awesomeness. :cool:

25. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    You'll miss the sign-ups Sith, so that won't happen. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.