main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Juhanni, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    You'll miss the sign-ups, so that won't happen.

Chiefs suck.

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    So does the Darkstaff.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    OK, so, it's the end of the draft. Ghost and I read through the draft to bring you some funny quotes from certain people. We didn't get through all of the draft, we didn't plan for it to be over this fast. Anyways, here are some good ones we found:

Remember, this was Ghost and I, so congratulate and praise us.

i'm not gonna go out like a punk this time. ? axle

Oh, right, KenKenobi - yeah, I remember you. ? Madine

About the length: I guarantee this one will move A LOT faster than the last draft. ? Horax

hopefully now the judges won't let revan and exar kun roar around here like monster trucks. ? Axle

for my second pick i pick dan rather. ? E_S

Dude, she's a chicken. ? Horax

Don't let Suzuki hear you say that. ? firke

I'm going to be all kinds of unavailable tomorrow. ? Shadow_of_Durron

Why I'm posting escapes me. ? Ben

Sekot Avatars
    1. Vergere

Startling. ? bburditt

I'm so violently angry right now. ? bburditt

hay burd is the Hulk going to come out if you must continue to wait? ? Ghost

wow, I was gone from my computer for 10 minutes, next thing you know I get 50 pms ? Ghost

yeah, they sure have some power players kickin' for them. someday, i hope to have some of my very own. ? axle

hey e_s, i think that beers are the closest that we're gonna get to having any more draft for alderaan tonight. at least that's what's gettin me through it. ? axle

I am beyond unhappy. ? bburditt

I'm making out with my girlfriend. ? Ken

my boards were all janktified last night ? axle

That orange was a dream. ? bburditt

hey burd, i was just wondering? is orange dream anything like tangerine dream? because if it is, well, then i feel funny. you ever think about how if i post in orange then only you can see it. but if i post in green then only everybody else can see it. it'll be kinda like our secret messages. orange secrets. secret agent orange. ? axle

just like i'm fine with you spelling color with a u in it ? axle

Theres serious colours? ? TFJ

oh sure. blue, black, grey, and red are serious colours. white, blue and green are tranquil. and then yellow, orange, and pink are silly colors. with some sparse overlapping. ? axle

I barely even have to finish drafting. ? bburditt

That's ridiculous, make another pick now Sekotian, I want to get all my breakfast out of me. ? bburditt

I can tell you right now how she'll do. 0 - how many ever fights she'll be in ? bburditt

OOO, Nomi - I always like her on my team. Pity, I will just have to BREAK her! ? Madine

Oh my ******* ****** **** **** *****. ? bburditt

Come on Jim, before I HULK SMASH something. ? bburditt

Wait... You thought I was serious? ? Corran

I just got back from the strip joint. Did I miss anything special? ? Jim

You could make a good pick for him this round and that person would be the best one on his team. ? bburditt

Instead I think I'll sit here,
    And try again in time,
    To find another way to start
    My poem about a lime. ? Horax

so, just out of curiosity, is there a 0-7 club ? axle

I do hope you try to be more careful in the future, or else I am going to have to foot your arse. ? bburditt

OHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY ******* **** **** **** **** ****!!! ? bburditt

No kidding, EY. It's unbelivably frustrating. I have a very good team (as do you). Hell, it's a borderline great team (as is yours)! I feel I made the best possible choices as they were presented to me, but yet, I have next to no chance at winning this thing. 100% frustrating. ? Shadow_of_Durron

I, on the other hand, have a 100% chance of winning this thing. ? bburditt

yes, now i can feel the draft flowing within me.

woops, i guess i just forgot to zip my pants ? axle

i believe that the waiting has gotten to everybody now. i know for one, that i've lost it.

i'm a pretty little girl! ? axle

Madine PM'ed me his pick *snicker*. Yeah, so, uh... he says he wants Jer-heehee, ahem, I mean he wants *snort* Jerec *snicker snicker*. Yeah, so, uh... we're done now, because, um..

4. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
  5. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Wow, that was freakin' awesome. Thanks burd and Gedi! :D

One of the best, though...

Corran
    Kyp is far from being a qualified trump-buster, but his power is more than enough to secure the win over this lack-luster trump.

Evil-Yoda (in response)
    Well, I just took a lack-luster dump. How about you go judge that.

6. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Haha, that one is hilarious Ken.

7. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Wow Burd... impressive most impressive.

8. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Corran
    Kyp is far from being a qualified trump-buster, but his power is more than enough to secure the win over this lack-luster trump.

Evil-Yoda (in response)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Good job for mentioning me. Mad skills. I was scared for a second you left me out.

9. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Mr_Sith posted on 5/12/05 9:06pm
    [i]Corran

Evil-Yoda (in response)
    Well, I just took a lack-luster dump. How about you go judge that.[/i]
    [hr][/blockquote]

I [i]still[/i] can't get over that one. But why isn't my response to that quote there?

It should read:

[b]Corran

Evil-Yoda (in response)

Suzuki(response to the above)It could be your waves in SFD, or the fact that your trump sucks major ass. One of the two.

KenKenobi(response to Suzuki)Entrance Fee into the Jedi Draft: $100
    Signing Free Agents to your team: $40,000,000
    Evil Yoda's comment + Suzuki's response = Priceless [/b]

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Wow, that was great reading through those.

This has been great fun.

About the length: I guarantee this one will move A LOT faster than the last draft.

[face_laugh]

11. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    6 more days until ROTS. I can't freaking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a feeling this next draft is going to have a few changes for favouritism towards certain Jedi after the movie.

12. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    I think it will be much smarter for me to pick out funny quotes as the draft moves along.

Reading all of those pages was a lot of work and time.

13. Zonama_Mekot

Zonama_Mekot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    Mekot
    Ive already planned how its gonna work. See I bought 20 trampolines, each one a few feet wider across than the last one. I figure if i stack all twenty with the small one on top, the combined spring from all of them should easily get me a couple thousand miles into space.

EDIT: And I even have an old fishbowl I can use as a space helmet.

In my defense... I was real, real drunk when i thought up that gem. [face_laugh]

14. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Congrats there Hand

and Burd we should definetly do the quotes as we go along next time. Having to reread the pages of arguing about revan, arguing about rap, arguing about who was better Dooku or Maul, arguing about who was better Obi-Wan(tpm) or Obi-Wan(aotc) . . .

15. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Hand is the first to accomplish something.

Hand is the first person to win the draft that didn't have a top three pick (4th pick) since Madine in the first draft.

Certainly an accomplishment in itself. Congrats, Hand. Winning the Draft is hard, and you deserve the credit! Well done, good job!

Bburditt, I was hoping you could get to the two-in-the-row club, but I have confidence my sole membership in that club will soon change. GMs nowadays are really good. Like yourself and Hand.

Good draft, overall, better than the last drive.

Hear me now, believe me later - It has been a while since I have gotten out of the semi-finals - but I will get to the finals again, I promise you.

Hopefully, next draft. If not, soon after.

Congrats to Hand, and to all the GMs who competed in the draft. And thanks to the judges.

Madine out

16. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    I think winning the draft even once is extremely tough nowadays, but twice in a row is really, really, really, tough. There are more than just a couple GMs who are good, there are at least 8 each draft who know what they're doing completely. I'm not one of them, I think me pikcing Corran in the fourth round was a sign of that.

Anyways, winning is tough, so don't take it for granted if you do happen to win one in the future. The next one is going to be wild. The GMs won't know what the judges think of the characters, it will be kind of like the first couple drafts, only to a lesser extent. There is going to be a lot of switching around after EpIII, so whoever manages to win next draft will have real talent I think.

17. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    congrats hand.Why do i have only 2 quotes...i smell Bias... :)i know i said more stuff than that.

Next draft will be ill.i can feel it.yes sith it just me you and sb that are left.hopefulyy one of us can win it.When you all see mace in ROTS you will remeber me.....I will have a big fat told you so for next draft..Mace OWNS all..

18. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    We'll see E_S I'm as spoiled as possible, without actually seeing the movie, and I still think that Mace is below Dooku.

19. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    One question:

Barring any spoilerific information, but based purely on the knowledge that we know Anakin Skywalker turns into Darth Vader...

...will we finally combine them into one character? :confused:

20. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    we shouldnt combine them...in the draft they can be left apart.and i am spoiled also and after dookus showing in ROTS novel...please..Dooku might drop next draft...i even saw the photo of dooku and its quite funny.

21. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001

Congrats to Hand for winning the draft!

Congrats to Burd for almost winning the draft!

We will lock this thread soon, but look for my next major thread, opening soon, bearing discussion on the direction that this draft will take before the next installment.

Until then, Horax out!

22. Ben-Starweilder

Ben-Starweilder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    congratulations hand, that darkside team you put together was truly most impressive.

and, uh, congrats to you too mr. sith. since you are the co-champion after all.

btw, nice work on the quotes there burd and ghost, you guys are true recognizers of what makes funny happen in the draft, and i know funny.
    i can't wait for the next draft because then i think that i'm really gonna shine. and if i don't i hope i'll at least get 3 wins in stead of the 2 i pulled out here. but hey, that's waaaaaay better than 0. [face_laugh]

and about vader, i still think that he and anakin should be seperate picks since they really are sepperate people. just like ben said, vader betrayed and murdered my father. 8-}

23. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    I think that Anakin should be handled like Revan. If you pickup Anakin Skywalker then he's lightside from just before his fall. If you pickup Darth Vader you get him at his prime. Anyway thats just how I see it.

When do I get my colors? and how does it work?

24. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001

I've already notified Strilo about it.

Please take any and all discussions about the future drafts to the new thread in the SWC...it's easy to find.

And players have always been judged at their prime...so we'll continue to do that.

Thanks.

25. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    burd the 12 gm's is cool but not in 2 confrences.also i feel 6 picks is better.with 8 man teams the talent pool will be dead at the end.its already close to dead with just 6 players chosen.

edit:I finally got the last post in a jedi draft!!!!....that means i will win the next one!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.