main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Juhanni, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    I hope the picking goes just as quickly as the signing up did.
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    people please try to check in once in a while to see if it is your turn. If you're going to be away for a while, pm Horax/Juhanni

oh yeah, by the way my name is either SaeseeJim or Saesee Jiim(two 'i' not two 'm')

2. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    KenKenobiActually 7th isn't that bad especially cosidering the format, depending on the selections before hand you might end up with a powerhouse duo like Mekot did last installment. If not then your screwed :p

Madine really good pick. You genuinely surprised me. Have you finally seen the light or, are you simply playing towards the Judges. :p Either way you stole my pick and you will pay. :p Seriously best of luck.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I think it'll be at least a little while until we see some more picks. Heel said something about being in class, and the Champ hasn't posted in the thread since it's been up.

EDIT: Come on now, Hand. You didn't really think Luke would slip to the # 4 spot, did you? :p

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Oh, don't worry HoS. I've got a nice plan of my own. [face_devil]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Also, when selecting your team, keep in mind whether or not your different Jedi or Sith will work well together. Team cohesion can be a deciding factor in a team battle.

The entire team, or just parts? I had planned 2 groups of three that are good on their own, but putting all six together would be disasterous, whereas the one group of three could utterly dominate.

6. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Wait a second...so the Tatooine and Alderaan conferences are drafting together, right?

So, technically the Alderaan conference could go through their whole first round without the Tatooine conference even picking once?

That's bologna-- my conference hasn't even picked yet.

7. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    I think I have a good plan too. It just depends on who people pick before me.

8. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    The entire team, or just parts? I had planned 2 groups of three that are good on their own, but putting all six together would be disasterous, whereas the one group of three could utterly dominate.

I don't know. It sounds to me like you're planning on having three Jedi and three Sith, am I right? I wouldn't reccomend that unless your picks are so overpowering individually that cohesion doesn't matter at all.

9. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wait...are we doing a round robin and double elimination? And we thought last draft was long...

Good first pick.

10. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    There is good cohesaion between both the sith and jedi groups because of their skills and attitudes, however putting the two groups together wouldn't work well. That was my plan. Why wouldn't that work?

Seriously, I'm asking. I still am hazy on the rules.

11. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    It can work in my eyes it just depends on the skill set of the jedi or sith skills are skills light or dark.

12. Juhanni

Juhanni Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    To answer all inquiries:

KenKenobi...all jedi are available to both conferences...so Luke is still available in the Alderaan Conference. It works...trust me.

Obi-Ben: If you have Sidious and Yoda on the same team, how are they going to get along? They won't.

However, a full team vs. team battle is used for a tie-breaker, and if you have enough power, you may not need to worry about team cohesion.

About the length: I guarantee this one will move A LOT faster than the last draft. During the last draft, we were lucky to get one battle done per day.

That's not going to happen this time through.

13. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    I don't want my sith and jedi working together. I wanted two teams of three, one jedi and one sith, that make up my six picks. I don't know what team fights there are or if that would be a good idea. I am still unaware if there are 3 on 3s or what.

14. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    KenKenobi...all jedi are available to both conferences...so Luke is still available in the Alderaan Conference.

Ah, okay. I see, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Although Madine is in the Alderaan Conference, so I think you meant to say Luke is still available in the Tatooine Conference. Much to my glee, even if I'm 7th pick. :D

15. Irish_Ghost

Irish_Ghost Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Guess who I am going to pick w/ the second Pick? [face_mischief]

Also shouldn't the official policy on Raven be posted, as someone might want to pick it, but change their mind following the judges' ruling.

Brilliant!

16. Juhanni

Mar 16, 2004
    You're right, Ken.

Ben...the battles are 1 on 1, or 2 on 1 if you use a TRUMP. If both teams TRUMP, it could feasibly be 2 on 2...those are the only types of battles you can have...if, after all Jedi have fought, you are tied 3-3, then your entire team will face the other entire team to decide who would win in a group battle. All 6 would fight at once.

Would that clear it up for ya?

Revan: I'll take the initiative as Commish...
    Revan will be a darkside user for this draft. His history is as the video games make it...one of confusion and mind wiping. GReat fighter/leader, though.

17. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    Yes, thank you.

18. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    Rax cab you explain the round robin thing i am little confused on that one.

19. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    About the length: I guarantee this one will move A LOT faster than the last draft. During the last draft, we were lucky to get one battle done per day.

That's not going to happen this time through.

I got 2 rounds done in 4 hours last draft. I got the last 5 sets of matches completed in what, a week? Wasn't running slow the whole time.

20. Juhanni

Mar 16, 2004
    That's true, Firke, you did an impeccable job as stand in commish.

round robin: Your team plays every team in your conference for seeding purposes. The top 4 teams go to the brackets.

21. Corran-OBrien

Corran-OBrien Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    The speed of the Draft generally depends on the frequency in which the judges show up and post their judgements. For instance, in the SFD, Master_Jacen has disappeared on two seperate occasions, which slows down the Draft. Granted, other circumstances do play into account.

However, with that said, with the amount that SecondBest and I are on, I think that we'll have no problem making this a speedy Draft ;)

~Corran

22. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    hopefully now the judges won't let revan and exar kun roar around here like monster trucks.

and perhaps jorus c'baoth will start to get some of the respect that he deserves ;)

23. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    For my Pick i select stephon Marbury

24. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Respect Vergere, too. ;) :D

25. Corran-OBrien

Corran-OBrien Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    His history is as the video games make it...

Exactly, as one of most skilled and powerful warriors ever to enter the galaxy. ;)

~Corran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.