main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second Installment of the 2007 Jedi Draft [Congratulations KiwiRogue]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Mikaboshi, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Congrats, Kiwi! Awesome team with awesome matchups. And good match, Wang. You made it a great Championship, and had a great team yourself. :D

As far as the new stuff goes, I dislike the idea of prep time or locations-- good old fashioned trumps are strategy enough for me, aside from the entire drafting process, of course. Jacen and Caedus should probably be the same, if only for easier judging purposes, and the fact that it's difficult to judge Caedus without the exploits of Jacen in there-- part of the reason I generally dislike splitting up Anakin and Vader, though at least that one's a little easier. Same with Krayt and Hett, especially since there's little value in drafting just Hett, unless in very deep formats-- like 16 GM's, yes, but there's also just a lot of wasted value in not taking him as Krayt.

I do like the idea of 16 GM's, split up into two Conferences with two divisions each-- that or 12 GM's with three conferences of 4 GM's each. I think it adds depth to the "regular season" that way, and then the playoffs have potential to be even more interesting. I would, however, go back to only 6 players a team that way, if only because the field would be so incredibly watered down by the 7th-8th rounds in that format (assuming there's only one draft pool).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    But I think that's the problem with separating the two. There's so many good arguments for where we should make the cut, that it would be impossible to decide.

3. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I think the reason you take A. Hett as ls would be late and for use in trump. Though I could also see taking him ls in order to prevent a ds team from taking him. Jacen for all the reasons should currently not be seperated.

I dont think you can really do prep with time but without location. Basically I view the matches taking place under similiar conditions to the fight Achilles has in the beginning of Troy, unless prepped with location.

Also for the next draft, what will the cutoff for Legacy be?

4. JediMasterThon

JediMasterThon Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2006
    I should be moved to the Power List next draft

5. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Hay Thon, I have a question about your sig

But this draft established:

Kenobi > Vader

So I think you might need to change that

6. JediMasterThon

JediMasterThon Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2006
    Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Logic

7. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Horax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All...except maybe Oppo Rancissis.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Here's what I think we'll do:

We'll open up sign-ups sometime next week. I'll have 16 spots available. If they go quickly, we'll try 16 GMs pulling from one list and draft six to a team. If they don't and we get between 12 and 15 GMs signed up, we'll go with 12 GMs pulling from one draft list and draft eight to a team.

I think we'll go Darth Krayt and Hett as one entry on the list, with the option to take him as only Hett, if you really need him for a LS team and he's still there. We'll just go with Darth Caedus, no need to split he and Jacen Solo.

Last call for anyone missing from Legacy and KoToR comic books. Let me know if they need to be added to the list.

I also think we won't be doing prep time. But I am toying with the idea of finding enough locations for backdrop purposes only (for framing the fights in our heads) to do it like we did in the last Comic Book Draft. Open to suggestions for locations there. Let's try to stay away from places that are Dark Side power sources, though, mmmkay?

I think that just about wraps up any discussion we'd need, unless anyone has anything else?

9. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    So, we'll need at least 8 places then?

1. Mos Eisley, Tatooine (peopled)
    2. Undercity, Taris
    3. Shield Bunker, Endor
    4. Arena, Geonosis
    5. Bridge of the Executor (have to pretend there is some sort of barrier preventing people from breaking windows and being sucked into space.)
    6. Senate Building, Coruscant
    7. Caverns, Ryloth
    8. Centrepoint Station, Corellia

I intentionally left out places where the environment would have too much of a detrimental effect (Mustafar, Hoth) or where it could give someone a great advantage (Mon Calamari). Any places strong in the force are also out. A place I thought would be interesting is Myrkr, as it would nullify force powers and make people rely on skill and ingenuity.

10. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    For backdrop purposes only? Does that mean it would actually be an advantage in matches, or no?

As far as that goes, I like your list, Kyptastic-- the only one I'd probably change would be the Shield Bunker on Endor, to something like Kashyyyk.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Well, we don't have to have just 8 - we can have more, and 8 are randomly assigned to a match-up.

I don't think you can ignore the locations as a factor (ie. Twi'leks like Aayla and Alema would have an advantage on Ryloth, Vader would be familliar with the Executor etc.), but I don't see anything that is so imbalanced that it will put a fifth rounder over a second rounder, for example.

12. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Right, the point of the locations is to make the matches interesting, but putting planets like Hoth, Mon Calamari, or Korriban up there would be too advantageous for some and too detrimental to others.

13. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    The only problem is I could see in a ls vs. ds match held in a populated place, the dser has advantage as ls will be too busy saving people.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The idea is that they're there to basically provide backdrop, so that it's a little easier to picture the match, rather just in the void of space, or in a generic Mortal Kombat Battle Station. Certain locations might offer a little help to some people (I imagine Lowbacca might do a little better on Kashyyyk than normal, and that locations with useable object (i.e. the Senate floor) might favor those with better TK skills), but all-in-all they should be fairly neutral.

I agree with what's on Kyp's list. We might need more than eight, though. And while Myrkr would be very interesting, I'm not sure it's neutral enough. But ... who knows?

And just to make sure, you are joking, right Ghost?

15. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Not entirely

Suppose the fight was at The Nightlander, and the fight was between Lumiya and Ki Adi Mundi. The gm with Lumiya could argue that Lumiya would place the people in the club in peril, and distract Mundi.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Suffice to say if we use locations, all locations are empty accept for those engaged in the battle.

17. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    lol

Kenobi vs Talon on the dancefloor of a packed nightclub.

18. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003

Instead of saber battles we will have a

[image=http://www.secretcake.com/images/danceoff.jpg]

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Once again, any additions to this list:

Aayla Secura
    Adi Gallia
    Agen Kolar
    Ajunta Pall
    Adalric Brandl
    Alema Rar
    Anakin Skywalker (separate from Vader)
    Anakin Solo
    Andur Sunrider
    Anoon Bondara
    Antares Draco
    Arca Jeth
    Asajj Ventress
    Atris
    Aurra Sing
    Bant
    Barriss Offee
    Bastila Shan
    Ben Skywalker
    Cade Skywalker
    Brakiss
    Bultar Swan
    Callista
    Cay Qel-Droma
    Cin Drallig
    Coleman Trebor
    Corran Horn
    Count Dooku
    Dace Diath
    Daeshara'cor
    Dark Woman
    Darovit
    Darth Bandon
    Darth Bane
    Darth Caedus
    Darth Krayt/A'Sharad Hett (Specify Which)
    Darth Malak
    Darth Maleval
    Darth Maul
    Darth Nihl
    Darth Nihilus
    Darth Sidious
    Darth Sion
    Darth Talon
    Darth Traya
    Darth Vader
    Darth Zannah
    Depa Billaba
    Desann
    Duron Qel-Droma
    Echuu Shen-Jon
    Eeth Koth
    Elke Vetter
    Empatojayos Brand
    Etain Tur-Mukan
    Even Piell
    Exar Kun
    The Exile
    Fable Astin
    Feln
    Feris Olin
    Foul Moudama
    Freedon Nadd
    Ganner Krieg
    Ganner Rhysode
    Gantoris
    Gethzerion
    Githany
    Hardin
    Hethrir
    Ikrit
    Jaden Korr
    Jaina Solo
    Jerec
    Jocasta Nu
    Jolee Bindo
    Jorak Uln
    Joruus C'Baoth
    Juhani
    K'kruhk
    Kam Solusar
    Kar Vastor
    Kavar
    Kenth Hamner
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Kiel Charny
    Kiranna Ti
    Kit Fisto
    Kol Skywalker
    Komari Vosa
    Kyle Katarn
    Kyp Durron
    Leia Organa-Solo
    Lord Hoth
    Lord Kaan
    Lord Kas?im
    Lord Kopecz
    Lord Nyax
    Lord Qordis
    Lowbacca
    Lucien Draay
    Ludo Kressh
    Luke Skywalker
    Luminara Unduli
    Lumiya
    Mace Windu
    Mara Jade-Skywalker
    Marasiah Fel
    Marka Ragnos
    Naga Sadow
    Nejaa Halcyon
    Nelani Dinn
    Nomi Sunrider
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Octa Ramis
    Odan Urr
    Oppo Rancisis
    Pablo Jill
    Pernicar
    Plo Koon
    Q'Anilia
    Qu Rahn
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Quinlan Vos
    Raana Tey
    Revan/Darth Revan (Specify Which)
    Roan Fel
    Rosh Penin
    Saba Sebatyne
    Saesee Tiin
    Sedriss
    Serra Keto
    Shaak Ti
    Shado Vao
    Sharad Hett
    Sirak
    Siri Tachi
    Sora Bulq
    Stass Allie
    Streen
    Sylvar
    Tahiri Viela
    Tamith Kai
    Tenel Ka
    Tavion
    Tesar Sebatyne
    Thann Mithric
    Tholme
    Thon
    Tott Doneeta
    Tr'a Saa
    Tremayne
    Tresina Lobi
    Tulak Hord
    Tyvokka
    Ulic Qel-Droma
    Uthar Wynn
    Vergere
    Valenthyne Farfalla
    Vima-Da-Boda
    Vima Sunrider
    Visas Marr
    Vodo Siosk-Bass
    Voolvif Monn
    Vrook
    Xanatos
    Wolf Sazen
    Whie
    Yaddle
    Yarael Poof
    Ylenic It'kla
    Yoda
    Yuthura Ban
    Zannah
    Zayne Carrick
    Zett Jukassa
    Zekk
    Zez-Kai Ell

20. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I honestly can't think of anyone that needs to be added. In fact, maybe it's time for some trimming of the extreme dead weight on that list. I'm talking about certain picks that haven't been drafted since way back when the list was so small that every name on it had to be drafted. Picks that aren't ever likely to be taken again.

Bultar Swan? Stass Allie? To name a couple.

21. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I agree. As Legacy continues, and the EU keeps expanding, we're going to be adding more Jedi/Sith to the list, and I think it'd be great trim some names like Swan off that list.

22. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I think we should add Darth Kruhl, even if he is just another red shirt sith.

Evil.

23. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Meh. Whatever on him. I'd be sorely tempted to vote Bultar Swan over him.

Just a couple clean up suggestions for the list. Cade's listed next to Ben for some odd reason. Guy should probably be in the 'C's, no?

Also, there's a Darth out there who's not grouped with all the rest. I know he's more commonly referred to by the name he's listed at, but I've kinda always wanted to see 'Count Dooku' become 'Darth Tyranus'. But I guess that's not a big deal.

Oh, and with Tahiri, it's Veila, not Viela.

And also, whether we do some general trimming to the list or not, can we please at least remove Tulak Hord from the list? Once and for all... or at least until we get something tangible on the guy?

24. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    What about Tsui Choi. He would be a decent addition to a PT team. He did pretty well against Vader, which is more then most Jedi can say

Shoaneb Culu she seems to have just as much experience and skill as Tott

Kaox Krul
    Seems like a good Sith to add to the list, and if you add him you should probably add Crian Maru who killed him

25. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Let me drop the 800 lb gorilla in the room:

Should Greivous be added?

If you look at his skill and experience, there are not many that can compare to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.