main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second Installment of the 2007 Jedi Draft [Congratulations KiwiRogue]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Mikaboshi, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    And he was trained in the "Jedi Arts" by Dooku

2. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I'd love to see Grievous added. It'd be a nice twist to have what could well be a late 1st rounder thrown onto the list.

There aren't many reasons to keep him off either. Except for purists and their fondness for pointing out that it's a Jedi Draft, and therefore force powers are necessary.

Eh.

3. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    When's the next draft?

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Not the whole Grievous thing again. Bleck. No him here.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm not 100% opposed to adding him. But he's far, far, far away from being a "late first round pick"

At least to a competent GM.

6. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    You do know who I am, right?

7. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    He would make an excellent compliment to a darkside team.

Who would win in fight

Grievous or Lumiya?

Grievous or Desann?

Grievous or Jerec?

8. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Jebus. The Grievous thing again, eh? Wonderful.

9. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I don't understand how he could hurt the draft if added. It's obvious you guys have had this discussion before, what was the conclusion on not so much why it would be a good idea, but why it would be a bad idea to add him.

10. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    The ability to use lightsabers is not what qualifies someone as a Jedi. Otherwise, why aren't we discussing adding Han, Boba and Tarfang the Ewok as well? Freakin' Onimi had more business being in this draft. At least he could use the Force. That is the primary criteria for this draft.

Or is it not about the lightsabers? He was non-Force-sensitive who was capable of taking on Jedi? Is that it? Okay, so let's add Durge, Vua Rapuung, Tsavong Lah, the Fetts, and all the rest of the other non-Force-sensitive combatants who are all capable of giving Jedi a good fight or even beating their fair share of them.

The only real reason to add Grievous is "I wanna draft Grievous!". Well, everyone can get their Grievous fix over in the M/TV draft now. That reason is gone now, and yet there are still numerous good reasons to keep him off the list.

11. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Seems like the use of lightsabers plays a pretty large part in this draft. To me at least.

Plus, Grievous is cooler than all of those guys. Or not cooler, but he'd... ummm...

Bleh, I don't know enough to get into any sort of small debate on this. I still think it would be a nice twist to add him. You do have to admit that he is much, much closer to a jedi/sith than Han, the Fetts, the ewok, etc.

12. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    I remember this argument.

13. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm siding with Zizz. What would it hurt? Grevious used lightsabers, and fought Jedi. I think he'd be a fine addition to the list.

14. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I agree with Shurron. Adding Grievous opens a whole can of worms that allows other's in, to the draft's detriment IMO. (Also, what was the draft with the problems of Onimi?)

15. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Fo reals. I we do add Grievous, I would seriously want Rapuung, Durge, Guri, HK-47 and Canderous (to name a few) on the list. Not being sarcastic at all. If that can of worms does get opened, let's not hold back. All of those destroy Grievous in terms of general awesomeness.

16. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    The only thing that makes him different is that he was trained in the Jedi arts by Dooku. So that is a bit different then the rest. I am not sure what being trained in the Jedi Arts means though. I am sure he was taught about the force and knows about different techniques.

But that is the only real reason to put him in. Durge or Han weren't trained by a Jedi, to fight like a Jedi.

But whatever, doesn't really bother me

17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Thank you, George Lucas, for Jar Jar Binks, Midichlorians and that ******* line about the "Jedi Arts". Why couldn't he just have said "Count Dooku taught me some lightsaber techniques."? Because that's what happened. He doesn't know dink about the Force. He's as Force-blind as I am.

And even if he were told about certain Force techniques, what does that matter? The Force is more or less impossible to actually comprehend for those who have never felt it. That's been stated numerous times.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The only way Grievous goes on the list is if Tsavong Lah goes on the list.

And Tsavong Lah isn't going on the list.

:p

19. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Phht.

Scurred.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Should be early next week, after Kiwi's colors expire. I've got three judges lined up, so all we need to hammer out is if we will use locations, and if so, which ones.

21. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Im really not in favor of locations. I prefer the imaginary Geonosis Arena type location.

22. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    ...and I would agree. It's classic.

Then again, I'm an old fossil when it comes to this game.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'd say yes, if only to see how it will work - as long as the locations don't give too much of an advantage to a person or group it should be fine.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Last post. New thread will be up soon. Probably today or tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.