main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second Time Around (JA Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Please see link below for update/explaination:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2348764&replies=0

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    First one of two!

In his life time, Qui-Gon Jinn had faced enemies twice his size, creatures of such evil and physical distortion that it made the blood of normal humans run cold. And he had faced such beings with a coolness and strength of mind that did his Jedi training proud. So, objectively he could see the irony in the fact that he was thrown into utter shock and silence by a sweet-faced toddler, less than half his size.

Sweet-faced, yes. But what a face.....it was too familiar...it was too much like...

The Jedi Master stopped the thought before it continued to make its track into his consciousness but it did not leave his mind. It rooted itself, waiting to appear again soon. Gathering his wits, the tall man bent slightly and extended his hand to the child.

"I am pleased to meet you, Sorin," he greeted, with a diplomatic smile.

The tiny hand clasped his as a pair of blue eyes looked up shyly. "Thank you, Master Jinn," returned the boy, politely. A wide smile of childish innocence filled the youthful face and Qui-Gon could not help the sudden softness that rose in his heart. It had been so long since he had seen those particular features look so innocent and vulnerable. They were completely open and trusting to the elders around him, so full of love for all the love he had received.

It had been so long since he had seen something like that in those particular eyes.

Qui-Gon's hand continued to grasp Sorin's for a few moments longer than usual but finally, he let go. Withdrawing his released hand, Sorin's happy eyes turned to the figure standing slightly behind the tall Jedi Master. Following the boy's line of vision, the tall Jedi turned slightly to the side.

"My apprentice, Obi-Wan," he introduced, abruptly.

Obi-Wan did not extend his hand, nor did he even walk forward but managed to nod. "Hello," he greeted, his voice remaining flat.

Sorin seemed not to notice the stiffness in the older boy's reply as the blue eyes fell on the lightsaber on his belt. "You have one too!" he exclaimed, advancing slightly. "I thought only Masters had one. Can I touch it?"

The padawan fought to urge to wrap his hand protectively around the weapon's hilt and give a harsh, "No!" But lucky for him, the senator cut in.

"Those are not toys, Sorin," said the Senator, drawing his son back to him. "And I'm sure you must have to go through much training to earn the right to hold one," he added with a smile directed at Obi-Wan. "I apologize. He's very inquisitive."

"What's inquisitive?" asked Sorin, wrinkling his nose.

Naan chuckled and fondly rubbed the boy's hair. "What you are, Sorin," he answered. Turning his attention back to his guests, the senator stepped to one side and extended an arm in a slight flourish. "Shall we go to dinner?"

While Obi-Wan's attention had never wavered from the scene in front of him, his Master for the first time seemed lost in his own thoughts. But he broke from the quickly at the senator's voice. "Of course," replied Qui-Gon and moved to follow the man and his son.

3. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    I KNEW he was going to be a reminder of Zanatos! Qui-Gon's going to go nuts when he gets his own time!

4. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Sorry, computer issues. My laptop no longer lets me login. seems to be a permanent thing. (signed in at the school's computer labs) luckily, i'll be home soon with the other computer.

didn't forget about this!

5. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    It's sad to hear that school's becoming such a pain, but also very understandable and very important that you get that inline.

I hope that you do come back to this thread once everything gets in control and finish it for us.

Don't worry we'll keep it from falling into the vastness of space ;)

Enough depressing stuff tho...I love how both Jedi reacted to the boy's appearance and I wonder just what the connect, if any, is to Xanatos. Looking forward to the next part.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Dang! Don't know how I missed that last post!

I loved how Qui-GOn tried to banish how familiar that sweet faced toddler looked.

I'll wait patiently for whenever you can continue and wish you luck with school! :)

7. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    I'm so happy that this story isn't dead!

Qui's reaction was perfectly done. Just the right mix of shock, horror, and bittersweet nostagia. And I liked how Obi couldn't quite recover quick enough. The angst potential for this plot is off the charts and I can't wait to see how it's going to play out.

Please post soon and often.

Hannah

8. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    An-Paj: I thought I pronounced this thread as deceased.

HAL: Surprised, aren't you?

After the first half hour, Obi-Wan ceased in his efforts to try and make it at least look like he was eating his food. The teenager heard small sections of the conversation Master Jinn and the Senator were having. The world seemed to dim around the edges until all he could see in the bright center was the dark-haired toddler who sat across from him to the far right.

At the first glance, he had truly thought Sorin Naan had been Xanatos. Some kind of freak mix-up had occured and Xanatos was in fact still alive. But upon closer inspection, he could see the small differences. The face was slightly rounder, the eyes, though blue like Xanatos was a bit darker. There were subtle differences. But it didn't keep Obi-Wan from testing Sorin's Force signature.

But what had he expected? Had he really thought a small boy would have the same evil, dark energy flow from him as a being as ruthless as Xanatos? It was preposterous. And as if to drive the point home, the Force only showed the padawan soothing, innocence pulse from within Sorin.

He was a child.

A simple, loving, innocent child.

And Obi-Wan told himself that. Over and over thoughout dinner.

It was just a strange coincidence that he resembled Xanatos. And really, if he looked hard enough, Sorin wasn't THAT much like the former Jedi. It was all an odd event. Nothing more.

But despite all his logic, Obi-Wan felt the anxiety brew inside of him. And with it, came a feeling he had not felt since a year ago. A year that had earned a place in the young student's mind forever. The year he had first stepped on Melida/Daan, the year he had felt the first pain of losing someone to death, the year he had almost died himself at the hands of a dark ghost. But more importantly, it had been the year he had almost lost his Master.

And not since that time had he felt so insecure of his place. Not just as a padawan learner to Qui-Gon Jinn. But something else as well.

Something was going to happen.

9. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Oh, it lives! It was just a chance that I came here to look and **TA-DA** there's a post!!

I can almost see the insecurities creeping up into Obi. Poor little insecure guy...

I really hope we can see more updates, but as you said, your schooling is a handful right now, but whenever you can please post.

Don't forget us!!

10. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    I had to undust this sucker to get it back up! But here it is and it just looks like it's longing for a post ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.