main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Secret World of Alex Mack

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Andalite-Bandit, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    This is a neat show that aired on Nick between 1994 and 1998 and used to be one of my favorite shows when it was on.

I think this show qualifies as sci fi due to the fact that Alex Mack is mutated by a secret chemical that gives her the powers of telepathy, shooting energy from her fingers, and turning into a silver puddle like the T-1000.

In this show, Alex Mack gets these crazy powers, but the evil corporation is out to find her! They know that a kid was exposed to the chemicals and they must destroy the evidence. Alex Mack gets into a variety of adventures and mischief while avoiding the crazy corporate henchmen.

Also in this show is her super smart sister who does research, her best friend, her parents, including her father who works at the corporation as a scientist but does not know about the evil schemes.

Also this one of the few Nick shows that actually had a proper series finale, in which she is finally captured and her family learns of the secret powers, but in the end they manage to escape. Hooray.

Talk about the show Alex Mack in this thread.

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I watched it a decade ago. Kind of had a thing for Larisa Olenyk. I agree the finale was great and for once they wrapped up a show nicely on Nick.

3. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    For the longest time my friend swore up and down that Kayle from Firefly was Alex Mack. I proved him wrong. :)

4. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Kaylee was in a Nick show called Space Cases, a sci fi show about a spaceship.

5. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I remember this show, don't remember watching the finale though.

They should re-screen it, it was good.

6. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    When this show was on, I was in Junior High. I loved the show and loved Larisa. I had pictures of her all over my locker. Alex Mack was such a cool show, is it on DVD?

7. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I used to eatch that show all the time when I was younger. I always bring it up and ask my friends if they remember it, but I'm like the only person I know who used to watch it. It was a good show. I remember it had a pretty cool intro too, but I can't remember what it was like.

8. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Alex Mack is not yet on DVD. Nick has released the first two seasons of Pete and Pete and I forget how many episodes of Clarissa, as part of their "Nick Rewind Collection." I am pretty sure Are You Afraid of the Dark is coming out soon. I would imagine they have plans for their other shows as well. I am hoping for Alex Mack, Space Cases, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shirts, and maybe Doug. I have season 1 of Pete and Pete and it is a quality DVD set with audio commentary on several episodes, so hopefully an Alex Mack DVD will have similar features.

9. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    QFT. She's 5 years younger than me, which probably means it was "wrong" when she was Alex Mack.
    Her sister was fit too, and bares a striking resemblence to a user here

10. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I watched Alex Mack back in the day, cool show. Her turning liquidy was awesome.

11. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    If Alex Mack were to encounter the T-1000, I think she would be victorious. Consider that although Alex Mack and the T-1000 both have the liquify power, the T-1000 can not generate any energy weapons, while Alex Mack can shoot electric bolts AND use telepathic powers. She could zap him away and then float him into a steel plant.

12. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    I have some really fond memories of this show. It was so much better than Nickelodeon's later sci-fi show, Allen Strange. And yes, I too had a crush on Larisa. :)

Here's hoping the show gets released on DVD in the near future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.