main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ?The Seduction of Jaina Fel? [J/J - **SHOCK UPDATE** Saint Valentine's Day 2006!!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    It took a long time to get from one end of a Super Star Destroyer to the other.

To pass the time while the turbolift shuttled through the vast ship?s hull, Jagged Fel allowed his mind to wander. Perhaps he should have been steeling himself for what would happen when the lift car reached its destination, but he?d obsessed about that enough on the shuttle trip up from the surface.

He wanted to walk out into the situation that was waiting for him in Cell Block 327 with a cool, clear head.

So he thought about Jaina Solo, instead.

He was still daydreaming when the turbolift slowed to a stop, the blast-doors shunted open, and a powerful Wookiee shove sent him sutmbling out into the harshly-lit atrium of the detention block.

He didn?t bother to protest. That would just earn a yawning laugh from the Wookiees, and probably scorn from the other guards as well. So he winced silently in wounded pride, straightened up self-consciously, and looked around, trying to sham a sort of feigned nonchalance.

Cell Block 327 looked like any other detention block, aboard any other Star Destroyer. A control desk in the centre of the foyer, a warrant officer standing behind it with his sidearm holstered at his hip, and two NCOs with E-series carbines behind him, flanking the end of the long axial corridor that led down to the cells.

It didn?t really matter that the Guardian belonged to the Alliance rather than the Empire, that one of the guards was a Bothan, or that all three of them wore the khaki overalls of the Defence Force rather than the black fatigues of Imperial élite troops. It just looked like a normal detention block.

That, of course, was the idea.

Cell Block 327 was the headquarters of Alpha Blue, its cells refitted as secure accomodation, decrypt suites, and interrogation rooms - a facility so secret that not even the Guardian's captain knew it was there.

You?ve been here before, he reminded himself. But back then, he?d been masquerading as a military attaché. Now, he was simply an Imperial officer with his wrists in cuffs, and two heavily armed and angry-looking Wookies towering over him.

The Warrant Officer behind the desk was looking them up and down, smiling broadly.

?Chief Im?lar, isn?t it?? Jag clipped, hearing real stress in his voice.

?Well, well, well, Colonel Fel,? the Warrant Officer smiled. He seemed genuinely pleased to see him, but not in a way that Jag found at all encouraging. ?You remember me. It?ll be a pleasure getting to know you better.?

?I like what you?ve done with the place,? Jag countered, with a smile of his own, which vanished as Im?lar?s expression shifted into uncertainty. ?Just like coming home.?

Lowie grumbled, and shoved him forward again. But the suspicion didn?t leave the Bothan?s face.

?What?s going on here,? he asked, making to step out from behind the desk.

Dumb, Jag thought, stumbling again as the Wookie said something about a prisoner transfer.

?I wasn?t notified,? the Bothan countered, looking at Jag again.

From somewhere, he found an apologetic shrug, as the cuffs clicked off his wrists, and Lowie tossed him his service-pistol.

?Here?s my authorization,? he said, and shot Chief Im?lar in the face.

2. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Mah...?

I'm assuming, since it is you, Thrawn, that this will be much different from a certain other courtship, right?

Other than that, nice mixup of a classic scene. Well-written and precise.

Can't wait for more!

Yay!

EDIT: FIRST FREAKING POST!!!!!

WOOOT!!!

*does the...oh, you know!*

3. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    When I will be in need of reading something very weird I will read it further ;)

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    he?d been masquerading as a military attaché.

A-ha.

From somewhere, he found an apologetic shrug, as the cuffs clicked off his wrists, and Lowie tossed him his service-pistol.
    ?Here?s my authorization,? he said, and shot Chief Im?lar in the face.

Remember when I said your last "Once a Warrior" post had the worst start in fan fic history? Well that is the best closing line I've ever read [face_laugh]

This was surprisingly exciting, enough that I'm gaing a whole new respect for Jag. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what happens next. I don't think I've ever read a fic where Jag wasn't just Jaina's love interest, or some other woman, and actually did stuff :p

5. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    Jag doing stuff is always good!

Because, you know, we wouldn't want him to be *whisper* captain cardboard...

Actually, in the Force Heretic trilogy, he really does do stuff, like shooting people and so forth.

6. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Nother awesome job so far Thrawn! you got me interested... and waiting not so patiently for more! :D

Please PM all your Jaina/Jag stories to Jaina_Jag_Index in the following format (no mark-up codes please):

Title:
    Link to story:
    Link to your user profile:
    Co-Authors: (If applicable) And their user profiles
    Timeframe: (post NJO, post-Ruin, etc.)
    Characters:
    Genre: (romance, action, etc.)
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: (WIP, Complete, Vignette, etc., Awards it's won)

Thanks JG15!

7. kellaina

kellaina Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    Wow, so that was definitely not where I thought that was going at the beginning (or even the middle).

Now, he was simply an Imperial officer

o_O Imperial? Hmmm...

Very intriguing (and well written)... looking forward to more!

8. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Thrawn:

I could kiss you. But then Kitty would kill me, so not good...

Very cool - although I have to say, I thought it amazingly similar to the first post of Dark Paths in some respects - well, at least until the end.

I've seen the Lowie and Jag set up in another story - Oracle? Whatever happened to that story, anyway?

YodaKenobi:

*kicks him in the shin*

I'll have you know that I write Jag plenty of times without a love interest, thank you very much!

Will analyze later.

Elena

9. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    *looks around suspisciously*

But...but...that's a conventional 'ship in the title! :eek:

Heh. Sorry. :p This won't be just a one poster will it? You have me very intrigued.

10. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Um, so I'm guessing that the alliance is bad now? Or is Jaggie a bad guy? I'm confused...

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    So this is what you were working on... [face_thinking] Interesting, very interesting. Could there be an evil Cal Omas somewhere in the future, I wonder. o_O

Jag and Lowie? Not exactly Han and Chewie, but it has possibilities. And who is the other Wookie with them? :confused:

Good start, Thrawn. :D

JD.

12. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    JT: Mah...?

I'm assuming, since it is you, Thrawn, that this will be much different from a certain other courtship, right?

o_O Well, you'll maybe notice (though I didn't :p) that the scene I'm riffing here happens to be the one where a certain couple first met... :)

Other than that, nice mixup of a classic scene. Well-written and precise.

Can't wait for more!

Yay!

Yippee! Thank you! :D

EDIT: FIRST FREAKING POST!!!!!

WOOOT!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*does the...oh, you know!*

o_O "fanboy"? "fangirl"? I'm not entirely sure... [face_blush] :p

Chimpo: When I will be in need of reading something very weird I will read it further ;)

[face_blush] [face_mischief] Thanks! Then again, you also probably have a lot easier access to all the Stanislaw Lem stuff beyond Solaris... :p :D

YK: A-ha.

It could just be his own "certain point of view", though - he doesn't think of himself as a "real" diplomat... ;)

Remember when I said your last "Once a Warrior" post had the worst start in fan fic history? Well that is the best closing line I've ever read [face_laugh]

[face_blush] :eek: :D Thanks! :cool: [face_dancing] :D

This was surprisingly exciting, enough that I'm gaing a whole new respect for Jag. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what happens next. I don't think I've ever read a fic where Jag wasn't just Jaina's love interest, or some other woman, and actually did stuff :p

Um, Dark Paths? o_O :p And, see Elena's reply, below... [face_mischief]

JG15: :D Thanks! :cool:

kellaina: Wow, so that was definitely not where I thought that was going at the beginning (or even the middle).

:D Oh? And where did you think it was going? o_O :cool: ;)

o_O Imperial? Hmmm...

Yep... [face_thinking]

Very intriguing (and well written)... looking forward to more!

:D [face_blush] :) Thanks!

Elena: I could kiss you. But then Kitty would kill me, so not good...

[face_frustrated] No, not good. Gah, irony! [face_tired] :( :_|

Very cool - although I have to say, I thought it amazingly similar to the first post of Dark Paths in some respects - well, at least until the end.

Oh? How so? o_O [face_thinking]

I've seen the Lowie and Jag set up in another story - Oracle? Whatever happened to that story, anyway?

I have no idea - the-Admiral is never around any more... [face_frustrated]

Jaina_Solo_15: *looks around suspisciously*

[face_worried] Why?! :eek:

But...but...that's a conventional 'ship in the title! :eek:

'Sokay... I've always been a J/Jer, though! [face_not_talking] :p

Heh. Sorry. :p This won't be just a one poster will it? You have me very intrigued.

No, no - full 'fic! :D

AvenKiel: Um, so I'm guessing that the alliance is bad now? Or is Jaggie a bad guy? I'm confused...

Who's to say they're not all doing what they think is right? o_O

JD: So this is what you were working on... [face_thinking] Interesting, very interesting. Could there be an evil Cal Omas somewhere in the future, I wonder. o_O

:eek: [face_not_talking] When have I ever actually written "an evil Cal Omas"? o_O [face_thinking] [face_mischief] :p

Jag and Lowie? Not exactly Han and Chewie, but it has possibilities.

No? Why not? :p

And who is the other Wookie with them? o_O

Lumpy or Raabakyysh? Not entirely decided yet... o_O

Good start, Thrawn. :D

:D Thanks! :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    *smirks*

Works, very well... :D

And a logical progression too, I guess... [face_thinking]

'Jenny was a friend of mine...'

Oh frag... :p

But still... :D

14. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    Hooboy, thrawn, i've never been called 'JT' before.

That's my cowboy friend's nickname!

Weird.

Anyway, now we've got three courtships running around.

How, I ask, are we going to keep them straight?!?

Charts and graphs time.

Good on you for being a j/j shipper!

15. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    excellent post...hah, Jag went Han on teh guards I see. Nice. Can't wait for another post. ;)

-CG

16. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    I like the start of this! Keep up the good work, cant wait to see what happens next!

17. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Love it so far! Go Jag!!!
    Blondie^..^

18. Cil

Cil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    What's Jaina in trouble for? To bring the Love of have life running to her. [face_thinking]

19. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Great so far - can't wait for more!

I love the 'parallel universe' thing you've got going. Sometimes history does - kind of - repeat itself.

:D

ojn

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Can't wait for more!

21. Sith_Priestess

Sith_Priestess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Up, up, and away!

More please!

~Priestess

22. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Blended: *smirks*

Works, very well... :D

And a logical progression too, I guess... [face_thinking]

'Jenny was a friend of mine...'

Oh frag... :p

But still... :D

You're getting more confusing by the post. Start writing 'fic immediately! :D

JT: Hooboy, thrawn, i've never been called 'JT' before.

That's my cowboy friend's nickname!

Weird.

Anyway, now we've got three courtships running around.

How, I ask, are we going to keep them straight?!?

[face_cowboy] [face_whistling] [face_mischief] :D

I'll endeavour to avoid making the Jaina/Alema subtext loud enough to bother either you or the Mods... :p

]Charts and graphs time.

Good on you for being a j/j shipper!

[face_blush] Thanks! :D

CG: excellent post...hah, Jag went Han on teh guards I see. Nice. Can't wait for another post. ;)

:D Thanks! It may be a while! :)

hollynkesten: I like the start of this! Keep up the good work, cant wait to see what happens next!

:) It may be a while - but thanks! :D

Blondie_JediKnight: Love it so far! Go Jag!!!
    Blondie^..^

[face_laugh] :D :p

Cil: What's Jaina in trouble for? To bring the Love of have life running to her. [face_thinking]

Answer in the next post!

But, in truth, she's in trouble precisely because he is her other half...

ojn: Great so far - can't wait for more!

I love the 'parallel universe' thing you've got going. Sometimes history does - kind of - repeat itself.

[face_blush] Thanks! It's not a parallel so much as a variation on a theme - this is in-continuity post-NJO stuff... :D

FG: Can't wait for more!

[face_blush] :D Thanks - try some of my other 'fic in the interim! [face_blush] :p

Sith: Up, up, and away!

More please!

Well - I'll do what I can!

- The Imperial Ewok

23. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Thrawn: It could just be his own "certain point of view", though - he doesn't think of himself as a "real" diplomat...

Everything is always "FACPOV" with you :p

Um, Dark Paths? And, see Elena's reply, below...

In Dark Paths, his line in the story seems directly linked to Jaina. He only leaves Csilla to see her, then finds her on the Sword of the Jedi and so on. Most of the Jag posts seem to be about Jaina. But it was pretty cool when he started shooting that blaster at her :p I don't think Jag would really be involved in DP, if not for his relationship with Jaina, but maybe that's just my read.

Elena: *kicks him in the shin*

Ouch :(

I'll have you know that I write Jag plenty of times without a love interest, thank you very much!

Trying to think of the stuff I've read of yours that has Jag in it [face_thinking] He was in the first couple chapters of Avigayil, and the new one with Leia. If I'm forgetting something, I'm sorry, and feel free to remind me :)

24. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn You're getting more confusing by the post. Start writing 'fic immediately! :D

[face_laugh]

I'll explain... :D

The 'logical progression' is from 'Lena's Circlesque 'fic (who's name escapes me right now) with history semi-repeating itself.

The 'Jenny was a friend of mine' thing was me having a songfic!bunny off te song by The Killers[/b] of the same name; I have absolutely no idea how it had any reference to this 'fic, but I'm sure it did at the time. That said, givn the coherency of the [ost I'm tempted to say I was under the influence of copious amounts of Diet Coke or something... :p

--Blended

25. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Nice first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.