main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Senate is splitting off

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by SuperWatto, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    1. The rules could be changed to be more welcoming by adopting the JCC rules. This is especially the case if you concede that in practice, your rules are policed in the same way.

2. I'm not sure why you're unwilling to accept that the way the Senate left the combined forum was almost universally seen as hostile. Yodaminch detailed quite thoroughly the nasty comments that were made about the JCC and its regular users. People were offended because the Senate moderators went out of their way to offend.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I posted 3 examples of breaches of Senate rules in Comms, VVM.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Page four of this thread...

Ender already did that...

4. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I know. I asked for how the rules could be relaxed. That means I encourage breaches.

Yes. Fido. But he's like that everywhere. I come here partly to get away from the likes of him. He's not posting here lately, which I take as indication that his arrogant nastiness has waned.

Fire_Ice_Death likes this.
  5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I just posted it.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    VVM, I don't mean to be rude, but do you have harpua on ignore or something? She's quoted what you asked for and you've ignored it.

7. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    No, I noticed her post and yours. I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page on where I stand.

That list you laid out is basically how things are going here on a day to day basis anyway and no one seems to have a problem with it. And if you go look at the stickied Senate Guidelines (first of all, notice the word guideline), you'll see that they're not terribly strict either. You'll also notice that that guideline is stricter when it comes to requirements of the opening post than subsequent posts. And we haven't had an opening post here in a long time, as you know so it's natural that posts become shorter. No one expects essay posts on page 94 of a thread.

Finally, as tends to be with rules and guidelines, people inevitably try to bend them. This is to be expected, and I think it's good that we set the official bar to 12, so that people bend it to 10.

8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I don't understand why the people from one board feel the need to lord over another board, with the argument that no, there's not enough people on your board according to us, so you need to play with us.

Is it the playground power? Or is it just fun to cause a ruckuss?

I thought it was fun, when it first came up. Now it's just really tiring. Some people on a dying board, making a big deal about something that used to mean something. Blissfully unaware that whatever is decided, the exodus will continue. The more this topic comes up, the more I feel like I'm in a Nokia business meeting.

Closing the thread now - if anyone wants to utter any more tired old arguments you can do it in this Comms thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.