main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Senate of the Republic...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Layren, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Does anyone know how many planets/Senators there are around the time of TPM? I'm doing research for my Chancellor Jinn AU and I want it to seem as real as possible, so help would be much appreciated. It'd be even better if there was a Senate roster I could use.

2. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Check the Star Wars databank. Failing that, Wookiepedia.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    But just watching TPM and the Senate scene, I'd say at least a couple thousand systems.

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    According to the ANH novelization, Courtship of Princess Leia and a map out of one of the SW Insiders, Known Space is about a million star systems, give or take.

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    You figure there was the Petition of 2,000 (not all of the systems in the Republic at that point) at the end of RotS, so probably 4 or 5 times as many, since most of the systems were still considered Seperatists at that point.

I'd guess-timate about 8-10,000; roughly. Nailing down a specifice number is gonna be pretty tough. Good luck Layren. [face_good_luck]

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    The Senate chamber in TPM has 1,024 pods. (see OS databank) Each pod seems to represent a geographic sector. For example, Naboo is in the Chommell sector. (My interpretation is that the Trade Federation serves as the delegation from the planet Neimoidia, since the Neimoidians run it.) Each sector can have multiple delegates - senators (Amidala) and representatives (Binks). Which explains how we get a Delegation of 2000. :p

The Chommell sector has 40,000 inhabited planets. :eek: So you'll want to use Senators and sectors, not planets specifically. [face_whistling]

Also, Wookieepedia has a roster of Old Republic Senators and a discussion on the Senate itself.

Hope that helps. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.