The SF Bar & Grille: Maverick King's Hole in the Wall (

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Lord Bane, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Welcome to the Senate Floor's Bar & Grille: Maverick King's Hole in the Wall, your answer to the oft-asked for social thread and "getting to know you" locale. There's no other place to meet and mingle with your fellow debaters; really, this place has a monopoly on the social trade in here.

There are few rules:

1. No political, religious, or social debates.

2. No cussing and feuding.

3. Leave news stories out of here, too.

4. Senate Floor rules still apply here, including punishments. Hopefully, no one will try and cross any lines.

Have fun and get to know your polar opposites. Ever talked to a Republican w/o wanting to shove his "constitutionally protected" gun somewhere dark and private? Always desired to chat with a liberal, but afraid of the smell? ;) Now you have a place to do all that and more.

Enjoy.

/>

KK EDIT: Closed for renovation. Under new Management. Come to our new location!!!!!/>/>
  2. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    A Senate Community thread! :eek: What will we start seeing next!?! An intelligent YJCC thread? Hmmmm, you're right - I don't have anything to worry about there. [face_mischief]
  3. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Heh heh ;)

Oh, and kudos to Rogue-1-and-a-half for providing the B&G's motto: Check Your Opinions at the Door.

4. StarFire Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't think of a single thing to post that wouldn't fit better on the JCC . . . but is that what this thread is supposed to be like? A special JCC-In-The-Senate place to discover the person behind the debator? And can I claim that this is MY Bar & Grill, seeing how it has my online alias' initials?

:D
  5. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    You can be the psuedo-bartender, if it makes you feel any better. Not that I support RP, but I have the monopoly on social threads there too (this makes the third in my series of B&Gs).

This is the JCC in the Senate - be inconsequential and meaningless!

I ate a chicken sandwich for lunch today. ;)
  6. StarFire Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a great chicken sandwich once. Some French bread of sorts, with mayo and mustard and other good stuff. The place was called "Golden Harvest" or something . . . at the Marriott by O'Hare airport. The only high point in that day, because I had to attend a stupid seminar for my job. :(

How was your sandwich?

EDIT: Is underage drinking allowed in this here thread? Because if it's not, I don't think the Law will smile upon having an underage pseudo-bartender.
  7. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    My sandwich was good, not great; the pepperjack was the redeeming factor. I got it at Bell Tower, an eatery here at my school, Miami University. It's basically cafeteria food in a posh setting. Nice and expensive, too. [face_plain]

Colleges really gip you when it comes to food.

Edit: Pretend we're in international waters and serve away.

(disclaimer) Not that I support any sort or RP...
  8. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, in my state, you can't even clear glasses that contained alcohol if you're underage. They've even changed the law about parents giving their children permission to drink.

What an idiotic way to make sure that there will be plenty of underage drinking.
  9. StarFire Jedi Master

star 4
    I got my sandwich for free :D

My dad took my family out for lunch once . . . he made us pay for ourselves, and claimed that it would make the food taste better, but was he ever wrong. Free food rocks :D
  10. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I tend to think food tastes the same regardless of who paid for it, but it tastes better only if it has been a while between meals. Nothing strikes the tastebuds like a sandwich after, say, a whole day of not eating, rushing around to get papers turned in, misdirecting teachers, doing the requisite physical exercise at the local/school rec center...
  11. IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Master

star 4
    What do you all think of my great new sig?
  12. StarFire Jedi Master

star 4
    Word.

EDIT: Not bad, IAmTheDarkSide. You can't go wrong with that Patton quote, Good movie :)
  13. IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a question...what's the point of this thread? Isn't the whole purpose of YJCC for this kind of stuff, and the whole purpose of TSF to get away from it?
  14. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally, I'm not big on sandwiches. I had lentils and saffron rice for lunch today, left over from dinner two nights ago.

Edit: Lord Bane is just flexing his franchising muscles.
  15. IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Master

star 4
    Food always tastes better if you prepare it yourself, provided you're not so tired from the preparation that you don't care to eat it.
  16. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The point of the Senate Floor is intelligent discussion and debate, the antithesis to the JCC. [face_mischief]

This thread is to alleviate the pressures of the forum; there's a lot of animosity around here and hopefully, if you know your fellow debaters better, there will be less flaming and fewer poor attitudes. It is the only social thread here, so use it wisely.

17. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't stand cooking for just myself. I have to have someone else to cook for, or I'll end up with a milkshake or something. If I have to, I'll just call up some friends and beg them to come over so I can cook for them.

I'm a chronic lurker in the SF. I've always been too afraid to say anything, so maybe I'll feel more comfortable if I get to know y'all. Hint, hint.
  18. IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Master

star 4
    I love cooking. Bread, meat, desserts, whatever. If it wasn't so time consuming I'd do it a lot more often.
  19. StarFire Jedi Master

star 4
    You're lurking INSIDE me? Inside The SF?! [face_shocked]

Naaaaasty . . . ;)
  20. Red-Seven Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I thought it was San Francisco Bar&Grill, until I figured out Mr. KesselRunner didn't start the thread. Heh.

// Guinness
  21. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    i had macaroni and cheese for lunch...
    but, i add my own yumminess to it; some brewers yeast, a dash of Bragg's Liquid Amino's, pepper, and sprinkle a little parmesan on top! mm mm mmm

so, as you can see, this isn't just a plain old mac'n'cheese lunch ;)

i like your new sig, IAmTheDarkSide :)
  22. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Patton's the man. Can't beat that stubborn SOB.
  23. Maveric Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually Starfire if we are going about ownership of the B&G on the basis of name, well then, I guess there is no need to discuss this further :) I'll let you keep the bartender job though, I'll be the silent majority owner.
  24. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
    LB: If you ever get the urge to expand the franchise even further, you should call the next one Rick Slade's Adventure Lodge, or possibly Joel Samskara's Den of Mystery. :D

A little inside, I know. ;)
  25. Tobie_Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll have a Bloody Mary and a Turkey Club, hold the mayo.
    8-}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.