main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The SF Bar & Grille: Maverick King's Hole in the Wall (

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Lord Bane, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_outlander

jedi_outlander Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2003
    Hi guys! I'm new here. I'm a news junkie and I find the Senate Forums very interesting. What I like about it is the presence of well informed people, unlike in other forums where words are being bandied without much real discussion. I've been around a couple of weeks and decided to join. I'm from Central Asia and english is my second language.

I do hope I haven't posted out context here.

2. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    (***Sits down to wait for FID***)

3. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    I'm intrigued by the amazing new trend on this board to dismiss or belittle some people's opinions by calling them neo-conservatives, as if that has some sort of intrinsic relevance. C'mon guys, what's up with that? :p

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I just popped into this thread for a veggie Mushroom burger and a pint.... then I'll be on my way...

5. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    We only serve fish. Rrrrraaawwww and WRRRIGGLINGG!!

[image=http://img-fan.theonering.net/middleearthtours/images/gollum1.jpg]

:p

6. Hawkeye_Pierce

Hawkeye_Pierce Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    "Hole in the Wall?! Thought they shut that place down."

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    StarFire, it's a word we've given to people who we'd otherwise have to call "reconstructed conservatives". They represent a new breed of conservative thought; one that heavily polarises the world into absolutes. Their defining abilities include the ability to disregard anything that doesn't cohesively mesh with what they've established is the norm, their belief in the inherent Right Action of the US Government, the mis-categorising of people into camps (polarisation again) if their viewpoint is not necessarily dissimilar from their, but different enough to be the same. And so on. I could list more but I'm tired.

"I want two fingers of Glen Fiddich." Then I'm going to tell the story about how I beat FDR and Superman in a race around the world, then I'm going to sleep.

E_S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.