main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Shado Varmiri: Fan Club of the various Force Sects in the Galaxy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Elu, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Welcome one and welcome all! These are the mysterious Halls of the…

Shado Varmiri

An original creation that lends itself to something canon. You see, this is the Fan Club for all things more secular, elusive, and small in the Force factional-wise.

There are the Jedi of the Light.

There are the Sith of the Dark.

There are the Gray Jedi whom stride for the middle path.

And there is everyone else, forgotten yet so prevalent in the galaxy. The Force sects and cults with their own unique cultures and abilities. We enjoy them here, give them a voice, and discuss.

The armored Jensaarai. The spell-weaving Dathomiri Witch Clans. The wise Baran Do Sages. The telekinetically impressive Zeison Sha. The elemental and martial arts savvy Shapers of Kro Var. The mysterious and deadly Seyugi Dervish. The diplomatic and crafty Jal Shey. And the hidden darkness of Mustafar: the Blackguard. The independent Fallanassi. The cruel yet powerful Ember of Vahl.

And so many more.

In my original creation, a phrase is born. "One from many." How do you say it?

Shado Varmiri.

Everyone is free to come in and discuss these groups, but if you wish to join the Shado Varmiri, simply state in your post: "I seek the Truth and embody the Justice of The Force. I am One from many."

You will then be added to a group roster as a Learner. Be active and complete simple tasks and you will slowly progress through the ranks. And be on the lookout in the RPF (Role-Playing Forum) for the true Shado Varmiri's entrance into the galaxy…

The Ranks and How it all works

Learner: The initial rank in which you join with the quote above. You will be given simple tasks by the Potentate (myself currently). 3 Embers (Points basically, name is an ode to the Ember of Vahl cult) max given for task completion. Tasks will mainly include written discussion at this stage.

Potential: This rank is achieved at 10 Embers and when a Mentor takes you as their apprentice. Mentors are encouraged to be creative in their tasks. May it be written discussion, role-playing, or something else.

Adherent: This rank is achieved at 25 Embers and is the true equivalent of a Padawan/Apprentice when compared to the Jedi and Sith Orders.

Wielder: This rank is achieved at 50 Embers and upon a completion of a final test given by the Potentate or Primes. At this point, simple continued activity will see one advance through the ranks via steady Ember accruement.

Defender: This rank is achieved at 66 Embers and a sign of true dedication. Continued activity will see one advance here as well. Special feats or suggestions for the Shado Varmiri as a whole are great ways to get ahead quickly.

Mentor: This rank is achieved at 80 Embers and considered a Master. It is time to take a potential student and tutor them as you were once taught yourself. Mentors are expected to be courteous and fair, firm in their discipline if necessary, aiding in knowledge of the smaller Force groups of the galaxy, in role-playing, showing respect to everyone, and teaching of the TFN Rules. Be a role model. Mentors are given Embers for their performance in this regard by those above them.

Prime: This rank is achieved at 100 Embers. A high master and to be well respected. They may continue to act as Mentors or not, dispensing tasks and Embers as they please for those in need of them. One's position is likely secured here, but must always be vigilant in their status as role model around the boards. Considered a collective council that the Potentate listens to on all matters.

Potentate: The head of the Shado Varmiri, and should I ever step down from this role, democratically selected by the other Primes and the outgoing Potentate. While they are the technical leaders, they must listen to the wisdom of the Primes and remember that this is all for nothing without everyone else.

~Rules~

1) Respect the Terms of Service and moderators as always. Being in the EUC, give ample offerings to Bardan_Jusik and Sinrebirth especially.

2) Respect the hierarchy or you will not go far. Rising through the ranks is part of the fun after all.

3) Members of the Shado Varmiri are allowed to be members and social with the other groups such as the Jedi and Sith if they choose, however…do not bait, flame, or instigate any misunderstandings with them. I do not mind competition IC (in character) over in the Role-Playing Forum or The Rancor Pit, but that is it. I will be most displeased should this rule ever be tested.

4) Any user who receives a ban lasting longer than 24 hours will be put under review and potentially ejected if it is felt necessary. We strive to embody the Justice of the Force, rule-breaking goes against such a tenet. The Shado Varmiri are inclusive and role models, regardless of whether or not we dabble in the light or dark. Always.

5) You do not need to be a full member to post here. This is also a simple discussion thread for those who want to talk about the various Force Groups. By posting here in that form, you are automatically a friend and afforded respect!

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The Aing-Tii are awesome and I see they don't have a mention, count me a fan of the lesser force groups though!

What does everyone think of their force rainbow philosophy?

Sinrebirth and Darth_Elu like this.
  3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    The Aing-Tii are indeed awesome. One of my favorites actually, can't believe I forgot to mention them. *whaps self*

The Force Rainbow philosophy is very intriguing to me and I wish it was more fleshed out personally. Paid a homage to it by doing something similar in a game I have running in the RPF. Glad to see another supporter of the Aing-Tii and the smaller groups in general! :D

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
  5. Jedi Battlemaster Drallig

Jedi Battlemaster Drallig Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 23, 2017
    I myself hold with Potentium & Je'daii Order philosophies--Unifying Force

a Great and most necessary EU gathering, Potentate Elu *salutes*

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Potentium is my favorite as well, but my personal beliefs are merely based upon potentium beliefs with some differences.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

7. Jedi Battlemaster Drallig

Jedi Battlemaster Drallig Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 23, 2017
    Grand Master Kev-Mas_Colcha I will in turn say the Disciples of Twilight are an amazing, shadowy--and quite literally so--Force Group of great power and potential;

they defend the weak vs. the abuse of the strong, and are masters of Force stealth (Cloaking/Illusion), which stand among my favourite Force Powers

A truly Grey order as well, as they will not take sides, but the side of those they defend

Darth_Elu and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I really like stealthy Force powers as well, and that's part of why I like them. But mainly because of their very grey leaning Force philosophies.

Also, a slight off topic, but if you like Grey Jedi there's a Grey Jedi fan club here in the EUC.

9. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    *wanders in*

Well this is intriguing... [face_thinking]

Honestly, I've only ever heard of the Witches of Dathomir out of the groups mentioned in the opening post. Clearly I need to read far more than I already do! Or just need to spend a lot more time getting lost on wookieepedia. :p

10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So what particular force powers of the more obscure groups does everyone here think are the coolest/most unique/arcane/interesting or whatever. For me it would be the Aing-Tii flow walking and fighting sight.

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    For me, I like the Disciples of Twilight's Revelation and Shadow Vision, as well as the Jensaarai's Ballistakinesis.

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Ballistakinesis?

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Essentially, using telekinesis to hurl several small objects (usually pebbles) at lethal velocity in the direction of an enemy. Not terribly accurate but when used on a large amount of objects it's very hard to avoid nonetheless.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    There are many, many groups hiding out there. QueenSabe7 ;)

I personally like the Aing-Tii & Jensaarai the best, but I pretty much like all of them myself. Hence the group.

The Disciples of Twilight are a fascinating group that shares many similarities with my vision of the Shado Varmiri. Namely the protection of their people and the weak. But they are not so specialized in just one area...but more on that in due time in the RPF. Kev-Mas_Colcha

And hey, no recruiting for the Grey Jedi in the Varmiri thread! *whaps* Especially since I'm the only member so far. LOL [face_laugh]

Thank you Jedi Battlemaster Drallig as well. ;)

*twiddles thumbs as he waits for potential member interest* :p Discussion is good too, however. *nods*

15. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    So many good choices! [face_thinking]

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Anyone have any thoughts on the Matukai? :)

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    They seem like the Star Wars version of Shaolin Monks. Pretty cool, actually.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Certainly seem like it. Always wished we could see a little bit more of them. Apparently they're around more prominently after ROTJ in the EU, but you never really noticed it despite what they say. lol

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I think that was sourced from an RPG sourcebook or something that added that in even though no actual stories in that time featured them, just because it seemed plausible.

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yeah, I believe so. But still would have been nice.

*grumbles about video and audio recording devices, waving his lightsaber around in agitation as he does so* :redsaber:

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Unfortunately it seems like looking for stories featuring Force users other than Jedi or Sith in Star Wars is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Kato Sai and Darth_Elu like this.
  22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Sadly, that's an understatement.

Sinrebirth You are well learned in the many groups, I know. Come in here and give your two cents! :p

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Forgive the double post this time, but...

At last! The Shado Varmiri game is up and running! *collapses in exhausted fashion into his chair* [face_tired]

And yet…the excitement is all too real. [face_mischief] [face_peace]

For Those Interested. It'll also help in learning in who and what the Shado Varmiri are all about. ;)

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    WOOH HOO!!!! Forward unto Dawn!!! [face_dancing]

25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So about flow walking if you flow walk in the future how much can you influence said future? Caedus told Tahiri that doing it in the past was like throwing a pebble in the river, if force user A attempts to manipulate the future will it work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.