main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shado Varmiri

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    The Shado Varmiri

Logo

[​IMG]

Code

I am the Protector of Justice.
    I know no Emotions in Battle,
    I know the Truth of the Force.
    I am the Wielder of the True Force.
    I am the Defender of the True Way.
    I pledge myself to the Shado Varmiri
    For I have found True Life,
    in the Protection of the People I care for.

Shado Varmiri

An order forged out of many; small sects merged into a greater whole. This is the Shado Varmiri. Those of the Jensaarai, the Baran Do, the Howling Crags Clan of Dathomiri Witches, the Seyugi Dervish, the Shapers of Kro Var, the Zeison Sha, the Jal Shey, & the Blackguard. Their leader: a former Fallanassi.

Apart they were lost and few. Together they are strong and true. While these names are simply lost to origin histories now and those of the sects that refused to assimilate into a bigger order, now they are one entity and share in each other's teachings to refine themselves in this new Force Culture.

From the devastation of the Great Jedi Purge that affected them all, they rise from the ashes into a new galaxy with a new destiny. Amid the galactic factions: the resurgent Jedi, the shadowy Sith, & the secretive Grey Jedi; something new from the old has risen. For the past seven years have they toiled in obscurity in forging their new identity and now it is time for them to grow once more.

The Recent Past

After initial forming and officializing the new name, Order, and infrastructure: the Shado Varmiri arrived on Firrerre in 2 BBY and began to settle the sparsely populated planet unaware at first of its tragic history and of their luck that a certain virus had run its course before they reached it. With sparse trade and occasional recruiting of Force Sensitives and Non-Force Sensitives alike in nearby planets such as Bakura, even as far out as Takodana, they did well for themselves.

In five years that came to an abrupt and chaotic end. In 3 ABY, out of nowhere, the Imperial Fleet arrived in orbit and laid waste to the small defenses they had set in place. The Battle of Firrerre was short and brutal, the Shado Varmiri and a few of the remaining Firrerreos forced to flee. It is accredited to the Varmiri Seers that further tragedy did not befall them through controversy at the time, when they stated that force powers had to be used discreetly and no lightsabers were to be wielded in the fight. This also threw the rest of their brethren into confusion, which only hastened the massacre further.

However, this foresight saved them in the end. Had they revealed themselves, unready as they were, it was later theorized that it would have been extremely likely they would have drawn the attention of the Inquisitors or even Darth Vader himself and would have been hunted down after their retreat with more determination.

As it was, they managed to escape by appearing to jump toward the general direction of Takodana, but then swiftly reversing direction and backtracking around the Empire, into the Unknown Regions. It took some time, but they later discovered the reason for the Empire's sudden appearance. A secret project, the Second Death Star, had been under construction by Endor and a couple of their Varmiri Aces had flown right into it by accident. They were killed quickly and after some triangulation to figure out where they had come from, the Empire retraced their steps back to Firrerre in an attempt to scare anyone away from the space station.

Eventually, they finally came across a new planet in the Unknown. One that they hadn't realized contained a great history within galactic events of its own, completely abandoned now. Almost as if it had been waiting for them all along. Settling it and more determined to protect their world and keep it a secret aside from those, now more carefully, recruited into their culture: they had arrived on the Force-Balanced world of Odessen.

[​IMG]

The Home of the Shado Varmiri.

Join The Movement and Secure Your Justice!

Character Sheet

Picture: [If you use one]

Name:
    Race:
    Hair Color:
    Eye Color:
    Height & Build:
    Other Physical Attributes: [If applicable]
    Force Sensivity: [Yes or No?]
    Companion: [Your bound animal companion if applicable]
    Personal Ship: [Do note that the Shado Varmiri have strict rules regarding space ventures at this time]
    Family: [Just names and ages will do for now]
    Birthplanet:
    Bio:

Class: [If Learner or Potential Rank, choose only a base class…At the start, I will allow only Adherent Rank characters with up to two exceptions of my own choosing]
    Phase: [Will learn in PM along with Stats]
    Saber Form: [If applicable]

Powers & Abilities: [Will discuss how many Points you have in PM]

Please refer to the Shado Athenaeum in the Role-Playing Resource Forum!

The Rules

1) This story takes place in the New Canon timeline, so keep that in mind. There is room for Legends references (you do see the foundation of this faction, right?) but they will be kept to a certain level, or may be tweaked as necessary. The Galactic Civil War was ended at the Battle of Jakku and the Galactic Concordance is the name for the peace treaty that exists. This game is set in 5 ABY after that has been signed.

2) PM All Sheets to GM For Approval! You will require aid in knowing how the Stats will work and how many points you have to spend for your Powers!

3) Absolutely no God-Modding! You do not want to see the punishment for that offense…

4) This is a formal associate thread to the Shado Varmiri Fan Club in the Expanded Universe Community, but membership is absolutely not a requirement. Please, feel free to hop into only the game if you wish and enjoy!

5) If you have any ideas or suggestions at any time, please PM me to discuss. We will see if we can work it in. Much is free-form, yet some is already pre-determined at certain intervals. As long as it can all mesh and make sense, it is good to go.

6) Have fun. Always.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    GM Approved INSANITY!

Character Sheet

Picture: [If you use one] Look left ;)

Name: Ran, formal name Randalpho
    Race: Yuzzem
    Hair Color: Light Brown
    Eye Color: Amber
    Height & Build: 2.6 meters, stocky build
    Other Physical Attributes: Walks with a limp due to ankle injury from farming as an adolescent
    Force Sensivity: Yes
    Companion: Ral
    Personal Ship: No.
    Family: [Just names and ages will do. Rih, mom 44. Rin, sister 16. Jin, father 49. Birrk , brother 23. Ghin, brother 21.
    Birthplanet: Anoat sector, Parents migrated from their imprisoned mining camp on Allyuen to the colony on Mataou where they worked as Ro hypa ranches/farmers until they realized there was something special of their latest child.
    Bio: Born on Mataou his parents named him after a Ro hypa farmer who had been helping their family as well as several other Yuzzem's that had been able to either buy or escape their enslavement in the mines of Mataou. It was hard and dangerous work tending the Ro hypa, not to mention milking them for their vaulted venom to sell to research labs, medical pharmaceuticals, and assassins. But it was a life, rough but good.

When his parents realized they had a 'special' child they did not wish the Empire to take him from them, they had heard the tales, the whispers. Selling what land, buildings, and most of their heards his family as well most Yuzzems on the world uprooted and traveled to Yanibar. It was a place one the 'assassins' had claimed might be a safe world for them with the Zeison Sha. And it was, even as the spectre of the Empire hung as a looming threat they all felt just beyond reach or sight. They had been able to take a few brood mothers from several farms/ranches and set up a new one on the world, using their unique knowledge of the creatures to continue milking them, although now only selling to the assassins guild that had aided them in relocating.

Whilst Ran grew and learned among his teachers and family, he was injured by a young Ro hypa hatchling that had burst from it's egg and rolled out of the nest. It had taken to biting the first none Ro hypa thing it saw, his ankle. Although he received medical treatment immediately he still walks with a limp to this day.

When the call from the Shadow Varmiri came to the Zeison Sha his family saw it as a way to leave with the other Zeison Sha families, and other Yuzzem families, to safety away from the ever more aggressive Empire. As well as away from under the assassins influence, who seemed to be demanding more than was fair in a never ending recompense for aiding them in fleeing the Anoat sector.

At his new home he has aided in establishing the new ranches for his extended family and pursued with a fervor his new classes.

Class: Spellcaster.
    Phase: Adherent - Phase 1
    Stats

Strength: 12
    Dexterity: 5
    Agility: 5 (after minus 1)
    Constitution: 6
    Intelligence: 6
    Wisdom: 7
    Will: 9
    Navigation: 3
    Focus: 29

Yuzzem Racial Bonus: +5 Strength & +3 Constitution
    Past Injury Penalty: -1 Agility

Saber Form: 1 points for Amateur level Form IX Djem So with a Free skill added with level for Center of Being

Powers & Abilities: Sense Emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekinesis, Force Speed, Force Sight, Force Strength, Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, & Animal Bond.
    Detoxify Poison & Force Purification; Force Trance & Harmonious Consent; Superior Force Jump; Ease Pain; Self-Healing; Ease Trauma; Force Shock

3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Approved By Yours Truly

Character Sheet

Picture: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Name: Trysos Juhne
    Race: Firrerreo
    Hair Color: Blond & Red (Two-Tone hair is a key feature of his species)
    Eye Color: Green
    Height & Build: 6'2" & Well-Built physique
    Other Physical Attributes: Golden skin due to his race and nictitating eyelids
    Companion: Vornskr [​IMG]
    Personal Ship: Unyielding ~J-Type Diplomatic Barge - Heavily Modified with armaments and stronger shields (Pictures in the Athenaeum so as not to overload this post)
    Family: None to speak of, which is a major regret of his
    Birthplanet: Lucazec
    Bio: Born on the planet of Lucazec in 35 BBY to a mother and father who were Fallanassi, Trysos followed in their footsteps. The order encouraged heavy independence and this led to Trysos' personal convictions of uniting the various smaller sects of Force Groups in the galaxy that he knew were in existence. Add in his species' seemingly highly innate independent tendencies and it was known he was hard to control when he was young.

Then came the Great Jedi Purge and its all encompassing hunt for anyone against the Empire. The Fallanassi fled to J't'p'tan and he went with them, though he lost his mother in the hasty retreat.

While he remained there for a time, he knew the other groups in the galaxy were suffering as well and his dreams of uniting them going into flames. But he was taught to be obstinate and strong of conviction. Much to the Fallanassi's own chagrin, he followed that tenet to its utmost and left the planet in 13 BBY. He attempted to have some of them join his vision, but was met with failure.

Despite failure in the joining of his own Sect of Origin to his cause, Trysos was undaunted. It took him a year to run into the first group of the Force's design, having many individual adventures and experiences along the way.

In 12 BBY he ran into them on Susevfi. The Jensaarai. After besting the Saarai-kaar's chosen champion in one-on-one combat, he earned their ear. His pleas were listened to dubiously, yet resonated in some. This would be a trend he would see throughout his creation of the future faction. In time, most of the Jensaarai joined him, though a small group remained stubborn and went their own way. It was with traveling with the Jensaarai who followed him that he learned to construct his own armor and lightsaber at last.

And in this fashion he ran into the various groups that would help him create the Shado Varmiri officially in 2 BBY, learning and growing as he did so. Along the way, he and the others came to the realization that the inclusion of Non-Forcefuls would prove to only be a boon rather than a negative to them in the long run and gave rise to the idea of proving to be those of justice and protecting those trusting of their care. It took some convincing for some, but in the end it was accepted. And as the individual responsible for bringing everyone together, he was selected as the Potentate of the new Force Faction.

In the decision leading to where to settle, he decided to head for the mysterious home planet of his species that he had never before laid eyes on especially when recently learning of the death of his father. Firrerre.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Class: Phalanx
    Phase: Prime Phase 3 (So he has a little room to grow as well still)
    Saber Form: Form I Shii-Cho

Powers & Abilities: Sense Emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekinesis, Force Speed, Force Sight, Force Strength, Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, Animal Bond

Expert Level Lightsaber Form I Skill, Center of Being, Force Flash, Ten X Strike, Tutaminis/Energy Absorption, Force Barrier, Enhanced Agility, Aqua Breath Control, Full Breath Control, Force Trance, Harmonious Consent, Tapas/Force Temperature, Force Meld, Seamless, Force Vision, Stun Droid, Force Stun, Force Stasis, Stasis Field, Cleanse Mind, Force Resistance, Force Enhancement, Flicker, Flash Blade, Blade Manipulation, Force Defense, Recharge, Revitalize, Rejuvenate, Ease Pain, Ease Trauma, Higher Endurance, Crucitorn, Superior Force Jump, Levitation, Resolve, Force Valor, Spirit Merge, Force Diminish, Force Constrict, Force Choke, Force Telekinesis, Mind Trick, Force Shock, Force Lightning, Holocron, Shatterpoint

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Approved by the Elusive one

Name: Lylithe
    Race: Human
    Age: It's impolite to ask a lady this, but let's say I was born before Palpatine became Chancellor.
    Hair Colour: Dark
    Eye Colour: Yellow
    Height & Build: Nothing special. But not short, either.
    Other Physical Attributes: Skin paler than most, starkly against her darker hair colour
    Force Sensitivity: Yes
    Companion: No
    Personal Ship: TIE Advanced x 1 (long story)

Family:
    Husband. Garen. Deceased.
    Daughter. Cesca. Estranged, I have lost track of her.

Birthplanet: Naboo. Damn Naboo.

Bio: Pre-Clone Wars birth. Husband joined up to fight the Rebellion in 2 BBY. Daughter joined up also when rebellious. I joined the Rebellion; the Empire had taken everything I had. Turns out, it had taken a lot more than I realised. It had not taken my husbands life, it had taken his love. He was not what I had thought. So I took what was owed.

And more besides.

I fled from Leia, as the warlords' assault on Hapes failed and the Alliance took back the initiative. Iceheart liquidated what little opposition remained in the Empire to her rule and I left the fight before Jakku.

I fell upon the Jensaarai who would not take me in, but they remembered those who had fled Vader and his Inquisitors, and that they had pointed the way to the Unknown Regions. I did not part on good terms with the Jensaarai of the known, but now I find myself here.

So. I'm a partially trained ex-Jedi and poor Jensaarai. Take it as you will.

Class: Proteus

Phase: Potential Phase 2

Saber Form: Makashi

Powers & Abilities:

Sense emotion, Force smell, Force listening, Force Jump, Rudimentary telekinesis, Force speed, Force sight, Force strength, Comprehend speech, Telepathy

Force Illusion, Force Stealth, Force Trance, Stun Droid, Force Stun, Force numb, Consume pain, Glean fact, Force telekinesis, Mind trick

Stats

Strength: 4
    Dexterity: 4
    Agility: 4
    Wisdom: 4
    Will: 6
    Navigation: 4
    Focus: 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002

Potentate Approved!

Character Sheet

Picture:

[​IMG]

Name: Amir T’ekoah ( Tekoah )
    Race: Korun
    Hair Color: Black (shoulder length locks)
    Eye Color: Blue Grey
    Height & Build: 1.9 meters, Athletic
    Other Physical Attributes: Has a tribal tattoo on his left shoulder
    Companion:
    [​IMG]
    Oryx ( Honoghr Stava )
    Personal Ship: No. ( Capable pilot )
    Family: Father and Mother ( presumed deceased )
    Birthplanet: Originally, Haarun Kal
    Bio: Amir was born on Haarun Kal to Mansur, a lieutenant in the Tekoah clan and his wife Rashida. While he was still a babe, their region was ravaged by war and constant conflict, which seemed to have no end. An armored outsider aided the Tekoah warriors to fend off a particularly vicious attempt at tribal eradication, one that left Mansur quite injured. Rashida witnessed the armored outsider’s powers and luminescent blade, and knew that he could help. She bid him take her child away from war and certain death. Seeing that the child possessed a strong connection in the Force, the armored outsider agreed.

Thus, Amir was raised by and later inducted into the Jensaarai. Amir has grown strong, with a great sense to protect others, especially those that cannot do so themselves. He later chose to brand himself with the Tekoah Tribal Tattoo as a way to honor his parents and his people. He has now joined the Shado Varmiri and is further growing, both as a protector and in the Force.

Armor:

[​IMG]

Class: Phalanx
    Phase: Wielder Phase 1
    Saber Form: Form IV (Ataru), Form V (Shien) *both Expert level, Double bladed lightsaber expertise ( saberstaff )

Powers & Abilities: Center of Being, Force Flash, Ten X Strike.

Sense emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekineses, Force Speed, Force Sight, Fore Strength, Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, Animal Bond.

Tutaminis,Enhanced Agility,Greater Motion, Detoxify, Tapas, Recharge, Revitalize, Higher Endurance, Crucitorn, Force Telekinesis, Force Shock,Electric Judgement

Strength: 12
    Dexterity: 15
    Agility: 15
    Constitution: 12
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 12
    Will: 15
    Navigation: 12
    Focus: 61

Korun Racial Bonus: +1 Strength, +2 Agility, +2 Constitution, +2 Will, +1 Navigation

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    GM Approved
    [​IMG]

Name: Tashi
    Race: Kor Vari (Near Human)
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Amber
    Height & Build: 5'9, 156 lbs. Lean, though not overly so. Still he possesses more strength than would be suggested based on his size, derived from years of training.
    Other Physical Attributes: Numerous red tattoos across his body.
    Companion: A Lumer. It looks, acts, and is in all ways identical to a lemur. You may wonder why I didn't just call it a lemur, well this is Star Wars, so it should have a "Star Warsy" name. Lumer.
    Name: Mizu
    [​IMG]

Personal Ship: Personal Transport Ship, unnamed.
    [​IMG]

Family: Dagon, Father. Sora, Mother.
    Birthplanet: Kor Var
    Bio: Tashi was born in the year 14 BBY of the Hetuti River Clan which resided at the base of a long dormant volcano. The high mountain collected rain from thousands of feet above them, this water collected and ran down the mountainside to form the Hetuti River.

Early in his youth he displayed signs of being a shaper, a possible future battle shaman for his people, as such he was sent to the Shaper Cabal to be tested. It was quickly discovered that he was a prodigy among their people, one of the few who could become a Master Shaper and control all the elements. Water. Air. Earth. Fire. His parents, Dagon and Sora were proud, they did all they could to ensure their son got the education and training he needed, the Hetuti River Clan depended on it, they were small and the benefit of a Master Shaper among them would give them great influence among the other clans.

High up that volcanic mountain lived another clan, the Yogan. They venerated the molten core of the volcano, they spread fire everywhere they went. In 2 BBY news of Tashi reached their ears, and their jealousy burned as hotly as their fire. They immediately set out to neutralize a perceived threat, and so they did. In the dead of night as the clan slept along the shore of their beloved river, the Yogan descended and brought with them a powerful lava flow. The magma filled the river and choked it off, never again would it flow. Their warriors came as well, and murdered the Hetuti without discrimination to age or gender.

All died that day, except three. Sora, her son Tashi, and his pet Mizo. Dagon urged them to flee, Sora was a air shaper and she called on her power to see them swiftly removed from danger. They knew Dagon would die, and so he did, no amount of wind would dry their tears. Sora traveled far with her son, always sure to keep his identity and powers hidden. A task made even harder when Hito exhibited a new ability, one taboo to their people. Telekinesis.

Sora could not keep Tashi on Kor Var now, it was too dangerous. Nor could she afford passage off planet. It was then that an answer presented itself. She met a man, a well educated traveler who had been allowed to travel Kor Var and study with some of the clans. His name was Ban, Ban Gija, and unbeknownst to Sora he was a Blackguard Marauder, an agent who traveled the galaxy learning of new cultures and traditions to bring back to his own people. He offered Tashi passage with him, and him alone. Devastated Sora declined, she could not allow her son to take such a dangerous risk alone.

Ban was not pleased, and he took measures to force her hand. He notified the local clan of their presence. That night they came, Sora managed to get Tashi out of the back window prior to the clan warriors entering the building she resided in. No sooner had Tashi escaped than he ran into Ban, who lured the young man to a place of safety in his ship. Tashi, safe, fell asleep. He was emotionally exhausted, he didn't even hear Ban's ship take off and leave the planet.

He awoke hours later, Ban ready to tell him lies. His mother had been killed by the intruders, he told Tashi that the intruders had discovered the location of his ship and he left to save them both. Naive, Tashi believed him. Though pulled from his planet under deceptive methods Ban treated Tashi well and they freely exchanged knowledge. They spent the next three years traveling and finding new cultures to visit and learn from. Tashi also learned of the Blackguard philosophy, and began to appreciate their quest for knowledge and understanding.

Ban died suddenly, of natural causes, the event was shocking to the young Tashi. At the young age of nineteen he had suffered great loss twice now. He was a as good a pilot as three years practice will get a person, he managed to navigate his ship to a nearby outer rim territory, there he immediately met another man. He was approached in fact, it was almost as if the person was waiting for him. The man was a representative of a group called the Shado Varmiri, a diverse gathering Force users searching for the truth. He could not explain it even now, but he felt compelled to trust the representative so he took a chance

He did not regret it.

Class: Atmokinetic
    Phase: Adherent Phase 1
    Saber Form: Form XII Naetekii/Amateur

Powers & Abilities: 15

Lightsaber: Amateur (1 points), Staff Handling (1 point), Center of Being

Free Learner Rank:
    Sense Emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekinesis, Force Speed, Force Sight, Force Strength

Free Potential Rank:
    Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, Animal Bond

Cost 1 Point: Enhanced Agility, Tapas/Force Temperature, Cleanse Mind, Force Defense, Higher Endurance, Consume Pain, Force Constrict, Force Telekinesis, Force Alchemy, Tutaminis/Energy Absorption, Superior Force Jump, Elemental Manipulation, Force Stun

Attributes

Strength: 7
    Dexterity: 9
    Agility: 9
    Intelligence: 7
    Wisdom: 7
    Will: 7
    Navigation: 1
    Focus: 30

Kro Vari Racial Bonus: +2 Dexterity, +3 Agility, +2 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom

7. Dioskouros

Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2017
    Potentate-Approved Character Sheet

Name: Dioskouros (natal), Yperion [Ren] (codename/Sith name], Vertumnus (known name)
    Race: Gurlanin-Dioskouroi Shi'ido
    Hair Color: Deepdark Blue, lower back-long and straight
    Eye Color: Burning Orange
    Height & Build: a 2 meter-tall, pale-skinned Humanoid with an impressively Fit & Augmented physique and sheer Beauty
    Images: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzdIR_jtPgAvc1dJX1o4R1NldW8
    [​IMG]
    Other Physical Attributes:
    -Racial Traits: Shapeshifting Polymorph, Telepathy & Language Mastery, Absorbing large amounts of Energy from the surrounding atmosphere and transmuting it to Matter of any form for ultimate shapeshifting capabilities, and Vanishment from all senses, scanners/radars, and the Force
    -Biocybernetics: Advanced alacrity implant, bio-stabilizer implant, combat implant, combat system, and sensory implant; Bacta processing implant, Health package, Navardan regenerator, Biotech implant, Nerve enhancement package, Immune implant Mod I, Beemon package, Durability implant, Immunity D-package, Lornan implant, Insight implant, Intelligence augmentation chip, Memory package, Skills D-package, Pheromone package, Universal D-package, Bavakar cardio package, memory chip, and reflex enhancement; Cardio power system, Enhancement D-package, Strength D-package & Power implant, Optical implant, Comlink implant, Cortical datasplint, Hifold Sensory Package, Hyperaccelerated nerve implant, Memory augmentor, Mental boost D-package, Numbness system, Physical boost D-package, Quickness D-package, Reflex package, Subelectronic converter, and Psicom 1260 interface
    Force Sensivity: Very

Personal Ship:
    -prototype Sith Infiltrator (based on Scimitar/Rogue Shadow/Lightstealth-18 Reconnaissance Ship designs & tech; Specs: Anti-ion emission tracer & Crystal gravfield trap, integrated long-range satellite/comms, double array Ray shield, third-layer energized shield with EMP capability, Plasma cannon (lower back), 6 Proton torpedo, Agrocite powered rapid fire Laser cannons (2 front and 2 wings) based on Solar ionization cannon tech, 10 missiles (of Baradium, varied strengths, on wings), front center hull-integrated Mirkanite/Agrocite powered Turbolaser (based on Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery tech), rapid fire Point-defense cannon (3 Ion cannons, pop-out on wings and upper hull), and Gravity mines (10)
    [​IMG]
    Droids:
    -R4 astromech (Ultrachromed)
    -5 DRK-1 Dark Eye probe droid (of Titanium/Stygium)
    -3 prototype Droid tri-fighter escort (of Quadanium steel/Stygium, Agrocite powered with Solar ionization cannon tech, Deflector shield, carrying 4 Pistoeka sabotage droid each)

Companion: Kartessa (20), a female Force-sensitive Chandrilan and Pilot Prodigy, his Lover (pilots a TIE/ad starfighter with a Stygium cloaking device and Deflector shields)
    [​IMG]
    Animal Companion: a male Ysalamir named Lykofos
    Family: Damerung (Gurlanin Father, 400, Twilight of the Disciples of Twilight), Eleodie Maracavanya (deceased Dioskouroi Shi'ido Mother, Pirate Lady)
    Birthplanet: Dyspeth

Bio:

Codename YPERION - CLASSIFIED

-Childhood unknown
    -Youth in Dyspeth, then embarks with pirate mother as a young man (90 yrs old)
    -Tired of endless roving, he voluntarily joins the Republic Military (120 yrs old)
    -Quickly assigned to Officer corps, rises swiftly through posts, ranks, and armed forces as a distinguished operative, agent, pilot, captain and commander
    -Decorated service during the Clone Wars and rise of the Galactic Empire
    -CompForce Commander, Imperial Sovereign Protectors Battlemaster, Emperor's Shadow Guard Battlemaster
    -Sent to Arkania to become Arkanian Microtechnologies' foremost Masterpiece in Biocybernetic Augmentation Technologies given his superior genetics
    -Made High Inquisitor by the Galactic Emperor himself
    -Remains loyal to the First Order after Darth Sidious' and Vader's deaths by successfully rallying the 501st Legion while keeping nearly all Shadow stormtrooper Commandos & Novatrooper Details organized/in line
    -Supreme Leader Snoke's Shadowhand & SOC/Security Arm; remains Battlemaster, now for the Knights of Ren, as Yperion Ren
    -Leaves the First Order (in secret, effectively vanishing). Current whereabouts unknown
    (lastly an infamous Adacap hired-enforcer of the Blazing Chain, prior to joining the Shado Varmiri)

Class: Spectre
    Phase: Adherent phase 1
    Armor:
    ~His former bronze Powersuit (specs unknown)
    ~His Varmiri Armor set:
    -made of Phrik, Cortosis-covered vambraces & greaves, Ultrachrome-covered Beskar facemask, Shadowsuit undergarment/bodysuit (Shadowsilk), Mark VII Armorweave hooded cloak & Armorweave underlay clothing,
    -Countermeasures: comms, missile, droid, security system, and sensor jammers, decoys, disruptors, scramblers, warning systems; prototype Verpine-Mandalorian technoshadowing system (anti-detection/trace/targeting/tracking/hacking/jamming system),
    -Biorestorative underlay, prototype Duramesh inter-mailing (energy-diminishing Durasteel/Cortosis alloy mesh, on top of Armorweave, based on Mesh underlay/Mesh armor),
    -Facehelm has Distortion field emitter, Neuro-repulsor field generator, and ultrasonic field emitter (based on Subsonic field emitter and Sonic Grenade techs), Field security overloader, Vehicle/Droid caller, Shutdown/Master System, long range comms and distress signaling system,
    -Boba Fett-based prototype helmet/Facehelm: intelligent/experienced emergency auto-pilot, 360 view, zooming, rangefinder, targeting-tracking (100), slicing, hacking, listening, recording, vocalizer, voice recognition and translator, remote connectivity, HoloNet, HoloNet tracking/tracing/hacking/jamming System,
    -night, thermal, x-ray, electronic, sound vision, radar, infrared, Crystal gravfield trap, smell id/tracking, and advanced motion detection systems,
    -prototype Plasma jetpack with 5 prototype anti-vehicle homing Proton torpedo, 5 Plasma grenades (sticky, work underwater),
    -galactic homing devices, Tracer orbs, advanced long range Dust (via deliverer or group bomb), prototype acid/bio deliverers ('Deliverer': metallic, round, circular spraying devices that hold acid/bio vials),
    -integrated Songsteel wrists & feet, knees & elbows Vibro-blades; Crushgaunts ("shuk'orok") with FrictionGrip,
    -prototype Mandalorian power shield and Verpine prototype shield (forearms personal energy shields); prototype Multishield generator (generates 3 shields, located on the solar plexus),
    -right arm prototype Gauntlet Dartcaster/Dart shooter based on Velocity-7 dart shooter tech--traceless prototype saberdarts based on previous Kaminoan design: Malkite themfar/Sennari/Fex-M3, powerful sedative; Synox,
    -left arm prototype Whipcord launcher (wrist mounted detachable Climbing Syntherope with Adhesion Disk), extra Flexisteel binding wire coil (both the syntherope and the binding wire are reinforced with Plasma cable tech),
    -integrated Nutripack & Aquifer purifier, prototype Biochem synthesizer with prototype atomizing acid, Icarii-dissolving bioagent and Brainrot Plague vials; emergency adrenaline, morphine, ultracoagulant and ultravitamine vials, and Bacta capsule,
    -prototype Dissuasion Field Belt with Sound dampening belt and Stealth field generator technologies (stealth system based on Stygium/Stygian-triprismatic polymer),
    -prototype electromagnetic Adhesion Disk boots with Repulsorlift technology and Anti-security blades

Weapons:
    M-316 Particle Beam Needler (based on DE-10 blaster pistol design), Verpine shatter gun,
    E-52 Searing Disintegrator (combat/sniper rifle), Verpine Sniper Rifle (long-range Dust projectile rounds with it),
    Beskad wakizashi (Beskar/Songsteel alloy), Phrik/Songsteel Double vibroblade, Songsteel Discblade,
    prototype Phrik seismic pulse cube, Aradian pulse-lifter prototype charge, custom Class-A thermal detonator

Miscellaneous:
    Fell Star, Shield talisman, Gauntlet of Crassus
    portable Food synthesizer, Dew condensor jug, and Medkit/Bacta canister

Lightsabers:
    -Lorrdian gemstone/Dragite crystal powered purple Curved-hilt Dual-phase lightsaber
    -Corusca gem/Qixoni crystal powered red Curved-hilt Dual-phase lightsaber
    -Ankarres Sapphire/Mantle of the Force powered blue Dual-phase Double-bladed detachable lightsaber
    Saber Forms: Djem So Expert (9), Center of Being, Force Flash, Ten X Strike

Powers & Abilities:
    Sense Emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekinesis, Force Speed, Force Sight, Force Strength;
    Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, & Animal Bond;
    Force Stealth (1), Force Trance (1), Enhanced Agility (1), Resolve (1), Force Constrict (1), Force Telekinesis (1)

Attributes:
    Strength: 5
    Dexterity: 13
    Agility: 13
    Constitution: 5
    Intelligence: 5
    Wisdom: 5
    Will: 5
    Navigation: 10

Shi'ido Racial Bonus: +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +2 Agility, +1 Constitution, +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom, +1 Navigation
    Biocybernetics Bonus: +2 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Agility, +1 Constitution, +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom, +1 Navigation

achanes, Mikaboshi and Darth_Elu like this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM APPROVED!

[​IMG]

Name: Valieri Eross
    Race: Human
    Hair Color: Auburn
    Eye Color: Brown
    Height & Build: 5'10", athletic build
    Other Physical Attributes: N/A
    Companion:
    Casting Hawk
    [​IMG]

Personal Ship: None
    Family: Jerrit – father; Grethe – mother (deceased); Kastor – brother
    Birthplanet: Ralltiir
    Bio:
    Valieri – or Val, as she liked to be called – was born with a true affinity for the Force. Coming from a family with no prior history with the Force, her parents were quick to laud her as being among the blessed. While this status caused some strife within their family unit, particularly between her and her brother, Kastor, Val learned to adjust and to nurture her gift in private. As was the custom at the time, a Jedi representative soon arrived to whisk her away to train at the Temple on Coruscant.

Years of vigorous training paid off, and Val finally had her chance to shine. But the way of the warrior was not where she ultimately found her calling. She preferred a more diplomatic approach to proceedings, wielding words as she would a lightsaber in order to achieve a desired outcome. Her masters recognized this rare talent and placed her appropriately upon her ascension to knighthood: she was to serve as a Jedi liaison to the Senate.

But in the waning years of the Republic, particularly during the reign of Chancellor Palpatine, Val began to notice a dark shadow hanging over everything she held dear. A sense of foreboding clung heavily to her soul, affecting her ability to concentrate and to effectively serve in her role. Without completely understanding what was going on, she considered herself compromised and stepped down from her post, personally blaming the Force for deceiving her. Why would it assail her in this way? She felt herself drifting…and she needed to find answers.

Cutting herself off from everyone she knew on Coruscant, Val fled to the Unknown Regions prior to the outbreak of the Clone Wars and became a drifter. But even in isolation – which amounted to eight agonizing years – she discovered that the answers continued to elude her. With her frustration mounting, Val had an epiphany when she eventually crossed paths with the Jal Shey. With no where else to turn, she submitted herself to their teachings and came to live among these new people.

In 10 BBY, after several invigorating years with the Jal Shey, her world was upended once more with the formation of the Shado Vamiri. The new group promised a prosperous new life, and Val was eager to learn. While she still partly blames herself for what ultimately happened to the Republic and Jedi – particularly for running away when she could have raised the alarm –, she has learned to open herself up to these new pathways of the Force. It is here that she intends to find peace.

Class: Emissary
    Phase: Wielder – Phase 1
    Saber Form: Form VI Niman (Novice)

Powers & Abilities:

Sense Emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekinesis, Force Speed, Force Sight, Force Strength, Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, & Animal Bond, Force Vision, Force Defense, Mind Trick, Affect Mind, Force Illusion, Tutaminis/Energy Absorption, Force Stealth, Force Meld, Precognition, Force Stun, Cleanse Mind, Force Enhancement, Force Augmentation, Force Numb, Force Suppression, Ease Pain, Ease Trauma, Soothing Light, Resolve, Glean Fact, Force Telekinesis, Force Shock, Force Slow, Higher Endurance, Recharge

Stats:
    Strength: 11
    Dexterity: 12
    Agility: 11
    Constitution: 11
    Intelligence: 20
    Wisdom: 19
    Will: 15
    Navigation: 8
    Focus: 61

Human Racial Bonus: +1 All Stats (Except Focus)

9. Dioskouros

Mar 16, 2017
    Potentate-Approved Character Sheet

Name: Kartessa (natal), Elda (known name)
    Race: Human (Chandrilan)
    Hair Color: Blonde, long
    Eye Color: Hazel Green
    Height & Build: 1.75 meter-tall, white-skinned, Beautifully-Fit physique
    Images: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzdIR_jtPgAvc1dJX1o4R1NldW8
    [​IMG]
    Other Physical Attributes:
    -Biocybernetics: Bio-stabilizer implant, Immune implant Mod I, Navardan regenerator, Nerve enhancement package, Comlink implant
    Force Sensivity: Very

[​IMG]
    Personal Ship:
    -TIE/ad starfighter (Stygium cloaking device, 2 reinforced Deflector shields, Anti-ion emission tracer & Crystal gravfield trap, integrated long-range satellite/comms, 4 Proton torpedo, Agrocite powered rapid fire Laser cannons (4) based on Solar ionization cannon tech, 2 missiles (Baradium), Tractor beam projector, rapid fire Point-defense cannon (1 Ion cannon, pops-out on upper hull), and Gravity mines (4)
    Droid:
    -R4 astromech (Ultrachromed)

Companion: Vertumnus, her Bound Love
    Animal Companion: a female Maalraas named Aima
    Family: Her mother (45)
    Birthplanet: Chandrila

Bio:

A born Chandrilan, Force-sensitive yet never discovered to be so,
    Joins Eleodie Maracavanya's pirate crew by sheer will at 15.
    In the two years she lives with the Liberty's Misrule crew, she grows to be Eleodie's dear--she's like a Daughter to her (and secretly, Eleodie sees her as her future right hand)
    She is found to be a fine, Prodigal fighter pilot; at 17, Eleodie fears a conspiracy within her flotilla; trusting Kartessa with the details and her suspicions, she sends her away, to the Unknown Regions, in search for her son, Dioskouros.

It is Fate, and The Unifying Force, that sees them find each other. Both, ever pirates, meet within the Blazing Chain and begin their Passion when she is 18.

She goes by the name of Elda now; Vertumnus finds that she is Force-sensitive--this is how she pilots so incredibly, so he begins her training.
    They grow in wealth, fire, and infamy in the following 2 years they contract for the Blazing Chain, before they join the Shado Varmiri when she is 20.

Her Devotion and Love to him is Absolute, while she, to him, is... only the two of them know.

Class: Dervish
    Phase: Adherent phase 1
    Armor:
    ~Her Varmiri Armor set:
    -made of Ultrachromed Beskar, Shadowsuit undergarment/bodysuit (Shadowsilk), Mark VI Armorweave hooded cloak & Armorweave underlay clothing with Biorestorative underlay tech,
    -Wrist link Countermeasures: comms, missile, droid, security system, and sensor jammers, decoys, disruptors, scramblers, warning systems; prototype Verpine-Mandalorian technoshadowing system (anti-detection/trace/targeting/tracking/hacking/jamming system),
    -prototype Plasma jetpack with 2 prototype anti-vehicle homing Proton torpedo, 5 Plasma grenades (sticky, work underwater), galactic homing devices,
    -prototype Mandalorian power shield and Verpine prototype shield (forearms personal energy shields);
    -right arm prototype Wrist rocket launcher (2 anti-vehicle concussion mini-rockets),
    -left arm customized CZ wrist-mounted flame projector (Plasma-based stream),
    -both arms Agrocite powered mini Wrist laser based on LG-5 laser gauntlet and Dur-24 wrist laser techs,
    -integrated Nutripack & Aquifer purifier; emergency adrenaline, morphine, ultracoagulant and ultravitamine vials, and Bacta capsule,
    -prototype Dissuasion Field Belt with Sound dampening belt and Stealth field generator technologies (stealth system based on Stygium/Stygian-triprismatic polymer),
    -prototype electromagnetic Adhesion Disk boots with Repulsorlift technology and Anti-security blades
    [​IMG]
    Weapons:
    Rika/Moab mini rail cannon, Verpine shatter gun,
    Phrik Electrostaff, Songsteel Discblade,
    custom Class-A thermal detonator

Miscellaneous:
    portable Food synthesizer, Dew condensor jug, and Medkit/Bacta canister

Lightsaber:
    -Allya's Exile/Katak powered red Curved-hilt Dual-phase lightsaber
    Saber Forms: Soresu Proficient (3), Makashi Proficient (4), Center of Being, Force Flash

Powers & Abilities:
    Sense Emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekinesis, Force Speed, Force Sight, Force Strength;
    Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, & Animal Bond;
    Force Projection (3), Force Stealth (1), Force Meld (1), Cleanse Mind (1), Deadly Blink (1), Force Density (1)

Attributes:
    Dexterity: 7
    Agility: 7
    Constitution: 5
    Will: 5
    Navigation: 13

Hidden Bonus-to be revealed: +1 Dexterity, +1 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Will, +2 Navigation

Mitth_Fisto and Darth_Elu like this.
  10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cause the GM Said I could !! :D

Name: Tazula Re'nal (Taz)
    [​IMG]
    Race: Twi'lek
    Hair Color: No Hair
    Eye Color: reddish brown
    Height & Build:5'3", thin but athletic build frame.
    Other Physical Attributes: Green skinned Twi'lek - lekku of course. Black tribal markings
    Companion: None
    Personal Ship: Halen Ro'- Tiny personal ship. No weaponry, but very fast. Shielded.
    Family: Ve'lara - Mother(57), Tonruz - Father(61f), Tonkar - Brother(33f), Tranz - Brother(33), Kikka -Sister (28)
    Birthplanet: Yanibar (Zeison Sha)
    Bio: Tazula was born the youngest of 4 children. Brought up in the way of the Zeison Sha. She was taught
    well, and had a normal childhood, as she learned many survival skills and learned to be resourceful and
    self sufficient. Growing up on such a harsh world, from its violent weather and seasonal extremes, from
    dry, hot summers to frigid, wet winters, with violent storms. her older siblings were very tough on
    her during her training, but she thrived on it, learning to depend on her telekinesis and her
    disc-blades. With half of her family being force sensitive, she had plenty of teachers. As she grew
    older, her older siblings moved on, to taking care of family issues, leaving Tazula free to do her own
    studies.

Tazula's companion was a voorcat, a native predator to Yanibar named Zaka, that she took care of for
    many years, and they had many adventures together. Six years ago, Zaka was killed, saving Tazula's life.
    Since then, Tazula has carried a small token of her fallen companion with her, as she began her search
    for a new companion. During her search, Tazula had a vision. Of a world, not on Yanibar, but yet it felt
    familiar. She took her tiny ship, The Halen Ro', and with the blessing of her family, went off to
    discover this strange new place, that seemed to be calling to her.

What she found was the Shado Varmiri. And it was amazing. So she decided to stay and learn from these
    people, while she decided what the Force had next for her.

Armor: Light armor,
    [​IMG]

Class: Atmokinetic
    Saber Form: None
    3 disk-blades, 2 daggers.

[​IMG]

Powers & Abilities:

Dexterity: 6
    Agility: 6
    Constitution: 12
    Intelligence: 5
    Will: 10
    Navigation: 5
    Focus: 29

Twi'lek Racial Bonus: +2 Dexterity, +3 Agility, +1 Intelligence, +1 Will, +1 Navigation

Free Learner abilities:
    Sense Emotion
    Force Smell
    Force Listening
    Force Sense
    Force Jump
    Rudimentary Telekinesis
    Force Speed
    Force Sight
    Force Strength

Free potential abilities:
    Comprehend Speech
    Telepathy
    Animal Bond

Lightsabber:
    None

Other skills:
    Force Telekinesis
    Force Whirlwind
    Tutaminis/Energy Absorption
    Force Numb
    Force Suppression
    Force Resistance
    Ease Pain
    Superior Force Jump
    Force Alchemy
    Elemental Manipulation
    Cleanse Mind
    Force Vision

11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Approved by myself once again ;)

Character Sheet

Picture: [​IMG]

Name: Devith Treboh
    Race: Lorrdian
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Height & Build: 5'9" and Average build, though even hardier than first appears
    Other Physical Attributes: N/A
    Companion: Male Nerf named Gero

[​IMG]

Personal Ship: None
    Family: Sera Treboh - Mother [51], Noran Treboh - Father [50], Criztahl Treboh - Older Sister [26], Karu Treboh - Younger Sister [21]
    Birthplanet: Lorrd
    Bio: Born on his people's homeworld of Lorrd, Devith grew up like any other typical lorrdian citizen and ever watchful of the Imperial presence carefully watching them in return. His gifts through the Force slowly manifesting and being carefully hidden from the stormtroopers' view.

Eventually there was a minor revolt in the city he and his family lived in. He didn't know who started it, but it didn't matter as everyone knew who'd end it. As expected the Empire were quick and merciless to punish those involved while sending a message to any others on the planet thinking of rebelling.

As the Treboh family fled the city burning to the ground, explosions erupting everywhere, he made great use of his power as it multiplied in strength. With the Treboh's crossing the city limits and out of harm's way at last, with Dervith force pushing the last bit of rubble out of his way; they noticed the gaze of an Imperial Detachment not far away. They flew signs of the Inquisitorius. Jedi Hunters.

They didn't chase after them, something of greater priority keeping them at bay, but they knew without a shadow of a doubt that they had the family marked. At the earliest moment that they came into the safety of another city they began looking for passage off world, with no idea of where to go.

In the end, they got it for free as they came across a few individuals calling themselves 'Shado Varmiri.' They immediately noted Dervith's Force sensitivity, showed their own, and offered to shelter the family where they would be safe. The decision was easy to accept.

Only Dervith's older sister, Criztahl, remained behind as she wanted to quietly resist the Empire. No one could persuade her otherwise and it was the last time they ever saw her, though they had messages sent a few times post-escape. Currently he has no idea of her status.

Upon arriving on Firrerre, Dervith quickly began studying in the ways of the Shado Varmiri Order as a way of repayment, though his genuine joy of studying the Force in ways that interested him became enjoyable.

Class: Shaper
    Saber Form: Form VI Niman

Stats

Dexterity: 6
    Agility: 4
    Constitution: 9
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 10
    Will: 6
    Navigation: 4
    Focus: 27

Lorrdian Racial Bonus: +1 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +1 Agility, +4 Wisdom

Powers & Abilities:Novice Level Lightsaber Form VI Skill, Sense Emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekinesis, Force Speed, Force Sight, Force Strength, Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, Animal Bond, Detoxify Poison, Tapas, Force Stun, Force Defense, Force Blast, Force Numb, Ease Pain, Higher Endurance, Force Telekinesis, Force Whirlwind, Force Alchemy, & Alteration

12. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Elu approved!

[​IMG]

Name: Veira Rynn
    Race: Hapan
    Hair Color: Dark Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Height & Build: 5'8" and slender
    Other Physical Attributes: Extremely attractive due to racial attributes
    Companion: Kiros Bird
    Personal Ship: [​IMG]
    Family: Valesia, younger sister, 21; Keerisa, mother, 44; and Tal, father, 43
    Birthplanet: Hapes
    Bio: Born and raised on Hapes, Veira had a relatively easy life with her moderately well-off family. Growing up, the worst thing she ever had to worry about was someone else, possibly her own sister, being prettier than she was. It was a vain life, but that was life for her! Beauty, money. What more could you really need? It was the good life, certainly. But not all was right with Veira. Weird things began happening around her and some strange, soundless voice was talking to her. She couldn't describe it any other way.

She was twelve years old when she and her family finally realized the truth. Veira was marked by the Force. A horrible mark on the family for their own very daughter was Force sensitive! Her parents took immediate steps to keep Veira out of contact with others as much as they could, suggesting to questioning friends or acquaintances that she was suffering some health problems. Better to be safe than sorry and spread it, they would say. It was a horrible fate to have been given, and Veira despised being treated differently by her family. She would probably never marry now or even be called the most beautiful.

At age twenty, Veira had gotten pretty good at sneaking out of the house. As long as she kept that… thing of an ability in check, she could still wander the city and shop right? New outfits always cheered her up and made her feel pretty again. But something was set in motion that would change everything.

Veira had been on her way to the shopping district when her senses went on alert. Something was speeding right toward her and seemed it would make direct contact with her face. Panicking, she flung her arm out to protect herself, and with it an invisible wave rushed out to meet her assailant, redirecting the object away from her. She was safe! The Forced saved her! Only then she realized she had effectively thrown it off to the side, knocking a woman to the ground. A noble woman, judging by her intricately beaded and embroidered gown and the attendants surrounding her. Blood pooled on the ground. Veira hadn't killed her, but whatever damage she had accidentally done, would not be good. Terrified, Veira fled. She would be found out for sure and who knew what would happen to her! Hapans held a distinct hatred for those who were sensitive to the Force, anyone knew that!

And just as the Force had just protected her from the incoming object, it seemed it also led her straight to the person she needed. Her future mentor. Veira was taken off world and brought to the Shado Varmiri, where she could learn how to properly wield the Force and not be treated as an outcast. It was a rough adjustment. Hapes was a bright world where night time didn't exist. She would have to learn to reach out with the force and use that as a guide when she couldn't see in the night sky.

Class: Ace
    Saber Form: Form I Shii-Cho

Stats

Strength: 1
    Dexterity: 2
    Agility: 2
    Constitution: 1
    Intelligence: 3
    Wisdom: 1
    Will: 4
    Navigation: 2
    Focus: 27

Hapan Racial Bonus: +1 Dexterity, +1 Agility, +2 Intelligence, +3 Will, +1 Navigation

Powers & Abilities: Sense Emotion, Force Smell, Force Listening, Force Sense, Force Jump, Rudimentary Telekinesis, Force Speed, Force Sight, Force Strength, Comprehend Speech, Telepathy, Animal Bond, Aqua Breath Control, Full Breath Control, Force Telekinesis, Force Trance, Harmonious Consent, Tapas, Advanced Tapas, Force Meld, Cleanse Mind, Force Resistance, Force Defense

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Apologies. Due to technical difficulties the audio didn't carry over on the video, so suppling proper audio with it. It couldn't be embedded either, le sigh. Also, This Opener is a Two Parter. You will be responding to both simultaneously.

Without further ado…Let The Tale Begin At Last!

Shado Varmiri Opening Crawl

1:00 p.m. Primeday, Alsakember 11th, 5 ABY

Rebuilding on Odessen

~Hull of 'The Stargazer,' Odessen~

As the Odessen afternoon began, there were a select group of individuals cloistered inside rather than enjoying the nice day outside. But the reason was that of importance and as such, could be forgiven.

Under the permanently grounded, cargo pod-free, and customized hull of the GR-75 Medium Transport known as The Stargazer; the portion of the current Varmiri Naval Corps had gathered. With some other members of the Shado Varmiri Order also in attendance to promote cooperation and coordination.

They all sat about in a large ring in the center of the space, away from all the starfighters and assorted technical devices and space simulators as the transport had been repurposed and expanded on to serve as one of the central hangar bays for the new citizens of the planet.

In the middle with all four arms clasped behind him, was a tall and powerful looking t'surr man pacing about with authority. He wore dark pants and boots, but was shirtless otherwise as he oft liked to show off his powerful upper body muscles. A bit of pride from one of the most powerful members of the Shado Varmiri.

Krazh was known as the Prime of Celestial Heavens, usually just called the Celestial Prime. He was the head of the entire Naval Corps, in charge with anything and everything to do with Space. With that title, it made him a member of the Prime Council and directly under only the Potentate himself. At only twenty-eight years old, he was the youngest Prime and well respected because of it.

Being a T'surr he was a bit rough around the edges, but he was Varmiri. As such, he cared deeply for all those around him. Once a Shado Varmiri, you were as family. And today was a meeting among 'family.'

"I have called this meeting today to have you look above you. Go ahead. Look!"

They were directly under the old hull rather than any of the expanded areas of the hangar, the opening leading out to the sky that was behind them some ways being where the front of the transport was.

"The Stargazer. You see it often enough, you know what it stands for. The memory it represents should be poignant enough for you. Two years ago it took up the desperate escape that has defined us ever since. Today? No more than a hangar, a grounded bird due to the damage she received."

He paused to look around at all the assembled Aces, Phalanxes, and Artificers surrounding him. Some of their bound companions alongside them. His four, faintly glowing eyes briefly lingered on the faces of currently companion-less Adherent Veira Rynn and Wielder Amir T'ekoah before moving on.

"Enough with the history lesson, but I wanted to remind you because it lends to what I wanted to discuss. It has been two years since that battle, two years for us to rebuild. As such, our numbers are still low, but better than they were when we first arrived. A good many of you have joined us after we got here. But it is time we put our heads together and rethought our Naval standing. This is to be an open forum between us to brainstorm ideas on how to increase efficiency and how to properly grow."

The T'surr Prime waved one of his hands about for emphasis. "For those of you who are generally not of our very meager fleet, you're here to help us with simulations and training immediately after this discussion. Yet your opinions are just as welcomed. There is not enough of us to allow exclusivity in our decisions and we are all Varmiri!"

There was a cheer at those last few words, with some fist pumping before settling back down. Prime Kazh flashed a toothy grin.

"That's right. There is also a particular topic I wanted to go over. Our starfighters are a mish-mash of whatever we've gathered. This will continue to be accepted, naturally, but it is high time we started to have a common identity. We need ideas of particular fighters, bombers, and the like to make uniform among us through discreet purchases until we have the capacity to actually manufacture our own. I want models, I want color schemes, I want your ideas. What type of starcraft feels like one of us? Then we'll hit the simulators and training, where I'll want every bit of physical effort from you to match your mental thinking."

This time came the longest pause, his arms now folding before him while he continued to meet everyone's gaze. Each arm a powerful one unlike any other of his kind, where two normally were rather thin and weak.

"So. Who's first with ideas? Don't be shy."

For some this would be a natural discussion and exciting. For others, a potential drag and completely clueless in some portions of it. But the underlying critical importance of it was clear. The future of the Shado Varmiri Fleet was being laid before them to help in its shaping.

Tag: spacelady greyjedi125

~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

They stood before the mighty forest situated in between the two cliff sides on each side. The sun was high in the sky and warm, few clouds to obstruct it. The day was perfect. Warm, but not hot. A slight breeze, but not blustery. One couldn't ask for better from the weather. The only problem?

They were heading into Gon-Ba Forest that was in front of them. Due to the cliffs flanking it, and the impressive height of the trees themselves, it was immediately apparent that the sun wouldn't penetrate into its depths for very long. It was known as imposing, yet beautiful in its own way. Plenty of Varmiri had come to use it as a way of poetically describing the dark side in nature. Tempting, yet shadowy within. It was known as a strong current in the Force, highly receptive to Force Visions. But to stray too long held dangers best not traversed alone. Or so the tales went.

And this group, mainly consisting of Spellcasters, Diviners, & Seekers today were to brave it. Ran would glance over at his mentor, Yoree'na. A green twi'lek woman who was at turns fiery and contemplative. Strict, but protective of her yuzzem adherent. She merely glanced over at him, catching his gaze, and offered a wink while letting a hand stroke the head of her companion that rested on her right shoulder. A loth-cat by the name of Hurra.

The trio of Varmiri Mentors leading this forest-delving exercise spoke amongst each other in whispers, not yet ready to begin. Though it wouldn't be long. You could tell by the way the Lead Mentor, a Dathomiri woman named Ataya kept frequently stealing glances at the group, then back at the forest, before returning to the other two mentors in charge. They all waited to hear what their official objectives would be. All the while the forest seemed to sigh with ominous intent through the breeze. It almost felt like it was anticipating their coming trespass.

Eagerly.

It was enough to give anyone the creeps. But Yoree'na seemed to be one of those few unperturbed. Thoughtful perhaps, but that was about it. Something to be admired.

"Now is the time to center yourself, Ran," Mentor Na spoke suddenly though lightly, "While I shall be with you, Gon-Ba Forest is not to be underestimated. Do you understand?"

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

~Commercial District, Laheron, Odessen~

The district was in full swing, if not necessarily packed today. Plenty of people going about their business in all manner of species, genders, shapes, and sizes. It was peaceful in its own city-like way.

Everything was orderly and pleasant. Shado Varmiri citizens were a law-respecting bunch of people. Law Enforcement also helped a bit. The Order of Shado Varmiri also aiding law enforcement helped even more.

In fact, that was happening right now. A basic exercise and general aid to the public was being given by those learning to wield the Force through the Varmiri Way. Currently it was a sizable group of mainly Protectors, Archons, & Atmokinetics who were rounded for patrol duty and enforcement assistance.

Everyone was family on this planet, with this culture. As such it was natural for them to lend a hand. Leading the trip through the town of Laheron, the second biggest on Odessen which wasn't saying much due to low population numbers, was a Low Archon. A Non-Force Sensitive who nonetheless had managed to achieve a respectable Non-Order rank, one that was considered as equal to a Defender.

A firrerreo man, much like the Potentate himself, with natural brown and black two-tone hair and a rigid posture as he moved. An honorable one, but a bit too much on the strict side. You could tell with just how he moved. Pompous as well, if unintentionally so. Still, Low Archon Derrao Kan meant well and was in charge of their patrol duties today. At least he was allowing himself to assist too, rather than scurrying off to behind a desk.

"Laheron seems in a good mood today," he announced to those following him, "We may be blessed by the Force for a smooth patrol again. We'll be splitting off into teams soon. Step lively!"

As if the mini-tour of the town was really necessary. There were only so many of them, with most of the Varmiri populace taking residence in Nabibr Oriya. Last any of them checked, they were still under seven thousand strong.

"Tashi."

The mention of the boy's name would take him out of his thoughts and looking at the codru-ji woman who was his mentor. Shahassa. The Atmokinetic woman's movements were confident and balanced. Her sable hair pulled up into a neat bun today while her purple eyes looked at him expectantly.

"The Low Archon reasons we have no problem ahead. But we know better, don't we. Remain alert, stay calm of mind, and expect the unexpected. We all learned that the hard way two years ago."

The woman used one of her four slender hands to wave at a twi'lek woman not far from them as well, having noticed her Mentor was away at the moment. How typical. Her particular master, Mentor Numar Votrek, was ever the mischievous one and sneaking off somewhere. Unusual behavior if still an asset to the Shado Varmiri. He'd be back, but until then…

"You as well, Tazula. I am sure your master is planning on trying to surprise us," she mock grimaced, "Again. So stay alert and thwart him."

Any time they did similar activities, that was exactly the penchant her master had. Almost like clockwork. Outwardly he didn't appear the type, but alas. Everyone had their quirks.

They proceeded along, roughly twenty strong, trailing the Low Archon and she awaited the two Adherents' replies as they did.

Tag: Mikaboshi Ktala

~Main Courtyard, Shado Temple, Odessen~

[​IMG]

(The Shado Temple are the buildings in the foreground)

There were about twenty-two of them arranged around the Fountain of Serenity in the Main Courtyard of the Shado Temple. It was a nice thing, if not the most ornate or amazing piece of architecture. Still, it was calming both in sight and sound. There was a reason for the name and its purpose far outweighed any such artistic measures that could have been given it.

It was an interesting assortment of individuals as well. Thaumaturges, Dervishes, & Ravagers. Each of them were Adherents in rank, ready and willing for further training as was promised this day. As evidently requested earlier in the morning, their mentors were given leave of them for the time being as they were all under the twin gazes of the two Nautolan Mentors before them.

Twin siblings at that even. A brother and sister.

The male opened up first, his left hand gesturing as he talked while pacing back and forth. Something he did often. His green skin and black eyes glistened in the sunlight as he moved.

"Thank you for coming today everyone," Pazas Stid began, "We'll be merging our training regimen for this particular task. It shall benefit all. I hope you are all rested and focused for this coming task…"

No sooner were the words out of his mouth, his head whipped over to look at them all squarely again, his tentacles swishing through the air, attempting to catch them off guard.

"Elda. What is the third line of the Varmiri Code?"

After her answer, he nodded and moved on, satisfied. "Very good. To explain further, we will be doing training that emphasizes healers in action during combat situations. Sister?"

The female Nautolan took over, one hand resting on her hip as she remained stationary in contrast to her brother. She was a Ravager herself, a fairly accomplished warrior among the Order while her brother was a subtle dervish by comparison.

Dhemulrih Stid spoke with the voice of a hardened warrior as expected. "Just as Pazas says. You will be split into threes, according to your chosen speciality, and will be effectively sparring. However, I am sure you are all doing well individually. No slacking in that department or else I'd be very disappointed…But as a cohesive team? With pressure being put on you for others' lives? We're going to test that this afternoon."

The brother took over again. "Thaumaturges. We have life size dummies for you to practice on. You're familiar with them, I think." He motioned toward them idly. "They will respond, as usual, to your ministrations per the faint colored lights showing your progress in healing. They will be set to mild difficulty for this exercise."

Seamlessly Mentor Dhemulrih cut in, "Fellow Ravagers. You will be arranging yourself in a circle around them protectively and will do just that. Protect them. This should prove enlightening as you are not meant to traditionally pull a defensive role…but the battlefield and the will of the Force can easily shift and force you into situations you are unlikely to enjoy. This will give you a good taste of such a scenario."

Mentor Pazas once more: "Dervishes. When I give the signal, you'll hide away and attempt to get through our more battle-ready counterparts' guards and strike at the Thaumaturges behind them. If you can. All lightsabers are to be set at training level and full contact is permitted."

The nautolan woman folded her arms now, black eyes staring at them all evenly. "After a time, your roles will switch so don't get comfortable. Dervishes will take up the defense and Ravagers the role they crave more than anything. Healers, just do your thing, though you may wish to keep alert as well and be prepared to defend yourselves if any attacker gets through."

There were some chuckles and sniggering at all that.

"Now that we've gone over the exercise, are there any questions first?"

The Nautolan Mentors waited to see if any would speak as the Fountain serenely kept up its gentle sound of flowing water.

Pazas couldn't help but be quietly curious how Elda would fare, seeing as she was usually on individual training or paired with her lover Vertumnus under Seeker Cen.

Tag: Dioskouros

~Salis D'aar, Bakura~
    (3:15 p.m. Local Time)

There were times when the Shado Varmiri simply had to reach out to other places and trade in any way possible for resources. Especially given their current rebuilding state. The group of perhaps thirty Varmiri on Bakura was a testament to this fact. It was an assorted party of mainly Alchemists, Emissaries, & Proteus', but their task was one. To deal with the Bakurans for various needs; the highest need being alchemical reagents evidently. Or perhaps it was just made to appear as the highest need.

That could happen when such an endeavor was led by an alchemist. A human woman of forty-six years, but very powerful in the Force and extremely skilled in her work. This was shown by the fact that she was the Prime of Imperative Essences, more commonly known as just the Essence Prime. This lofty title revealed her to be on the Prime Council, one of the high leaders of the Shado Varmiri and answered only to the Potentate himself. Being the Essence Prime, she was immediately responsible for all alchemical and shaping endeavors as well a key designer of battle strategies alongside the War Prime.

Her name was Briya Sorkas.

And now having made the significant trip to Bakura, they allowed them a day of rest and relaxation. Sadly, time flies and now they were onto Day Two. Business.

Walking through the concentric circles that were the streets of the Bakuran capital city, Salis D'aar, Valieri Eross found herself not too far behind Prime Sorkas and her three bodyguards. She had been selected to be with her group as they had spread out to cover more ground and handle the various transactions they needed more efficiently. Regrettably, her former Mentor Gav Jendob, had been asked to be with another group elsewhere. At least he was with her on the Bakuran Expedition at all.

Not far from her was Mentor Az'aln Iihrandas, a Kel Dor Sage who had taken it upon himself to accompany one of the few Potential level Varmiri on the expedition. Lylithe. While she received training from a number of tutors, Mentor Iihrandas was her main overseer and thus saw it as his duty for the occasion. Seeing as she had the balanced traits of a proteus currently going for her skill-wise, he thought it a prudent trip while also still giving her tastes of other paths within the Shado Varmiri. She had been with them a couple of years and was progressing well, despite his initial worry. The poor woman had come from a disastrous background and had arrived to them on Firrerre a day before the momentous battle that forced them to flee into the Unknown Regions.

However, she was doing okay since then and he foresaw an explosion in her growth soon enough. Until then, his supervision was still necessary.

"Take special note of us being selected as part of Prime Sorkas' group. Certainly, it means we are to be on the particular hunt for alchemical products here in the commercial district. What else would you say it means?"

The Kel Dor gazed at the woman quietly a moment then nodded to the five others (not including the Prime or her assigned guards) with them. "After giving me your opinion, why don't you ask another for their viewpoint as well as any advice in procurement. It could prove enlightening."

Briefly catching Valieri's eye, Az'aln nodded in greeting as well as knowingly. It was hard to say for sure, but was that a brief glint in the sage's eye?

As the small conversation made its way into existence, the group continued to move by curious Bakurans who watched them while going about their own lives. Most of them were humans or near-humans themselves as Bakurans preferred that, but as with Mentor Iihrandas and a few others, there were standouts.

Potential deal breaker with merchants? Difficult to say at times.

Tag: HanSolo29 Sinrebirth

~Rethgarion Jungles, Odessen~

Camp was just being packed up right then and the contingent of perhaps fifty Shado Varmiri prepared to move out once again. They had been traversing for three days now through the region known as the Rethgarion Jungles on foot due to the lingering possibility of there yet being some kind of small, most likely primitive, civilization hiding deep in the area.

For two years they had lived on Odessen without discerning any intelligent species, though old ruins and wreckage had been discovered dotted across its surface and detected under the depths of its oceans. Yet scans indicated that there could be some hiding within areas of dense wilderness where scanners were having difficulty sweeping. And with the potency of the planet in the Force, teeming with what wildlife there was plus its own immense Force signature, it was possible that a small civilization could be hidden from their senses as well.

Was it unlikely? By this point, yes. Quite unlikely. However, as some of the Mentors had reasoned, the Force worked in mysterious ways. Never rule anything out.

And so they were there, sent to investigate and potentially make first contact should they happen to run across anything or anyone. A group mainly made up of Spectres, Forcemancers, & Manipulators. Or so the common terms went among the Shado Varmiri. No vehicles had been allowed as to not scare anyone they found, assuming they were truly primitive on some level.

As this happened, a miraluka with white hair and matched eye band approached his student. He did not see, and yet he saw.

"It seems you have finished packing up. Efficient as always, Vertumnus," he praised calmly. Seeker Cen found himself the man's Mentor and quickly learned it was a bit of a unique situation. Vertumnus was already well groomed in a sense from past affiliations, yet the protocol was clear. Since he had come to join them, he still needed a teacher for a time to learn what it truly meant to be Varmiri. For the time being, he was progressing rather smoothly and this pleased the miraluka.

Despite the 'title' of Seeker, the man was known to be a Spectre much like his main adherent. It was held onto due to sentimentality for his old affiliation of the Luka Sene. A miraluka order whom had sent him as a sign of good will and mutual learning. Over the time he had been with the group, since 10 BBY in fact, he progressed rapidly and found himself more connected with them than his old order.

His status as Mentor was quickly assured. And the reason for calling Vertumnus his main adherent? Why, he had two. Highly unusual among the Shado Varmiri, possibly the only one to do so in fact, but it was due to a special request made by his adherents upon their arrival only a couple months ago to Odessen. They wished to remain close by to each other always. Love was a powerful motivator.

It was granted upon consideration and though Elda's abilities differed just slightly from Vertumnus and his own, it was close enough that it was doable. His patience and methods were found to be sufficient for such a dual task and the Prime Council directed him to them. He accepted without hesitation.

However, 'always' wasn't doable. A vast majority of the time, yes. But there were times when they needed to split the two up for tasks or even training purposes. Case in point, Elda had been requested by a couple of other Mentors before the expedition through the Wilderness and Mentor Cen had found it the perfect time to focus on Vertumnus for the time being. He would triple his efforts on Elda upon his return.

Turning his head to face the direction of the front of the group pressing forward, he nodded toward them. "It would seem it is time to press on. Are you ready, my adherent?"

Just as he said that, a clapping made itself present at the forefront of their company. A male bothan hopping atop a few boxes for extra height before they were packed for travel. A non-Force Sensitive, yet considered highly important and influential to the Shado Varmiri. Ambassador Grell Akre'ya.

"As our break ends, the fair weather continues to hold. A sign that the Force is with us, Shado Varmiri. By our estimates, we are nearly there at last! Only a little farther through the jungle and we shall have our answer if anyone dwells within Rethgarion."

Here the Ambassador held up a finger, "Remember. Should there be any locals, we must not assume any threatening stances and show proper respect. I will immediately lead all diplomatic discourse from that point on and you will find yourselves of various aid, both for us and them as a show of good will."

With that he hopped down and began to part the trees ahead of him, the whole group moving inexorably forward.

"As we progress and keep our senses alert, do you have any questions?" Cen asked calmly as he walked alongside the armored individual next to him. The miraluka himself had his helm off currently, letting his face enjoy the slight breeze despite the jungle.

~Evlec Sea, Odessen~

The Evlec Sea, named in Old Corellian that translated to 'Possibility,' was just as mysterious as the rest of the planet. And pristine. Those currently visiting it atop the floating platform that had been maneuvered to that spot a day previous could easily see why it was nicknamed: 'The Blue Expanse.'

They themselves had arrived via being dropped off on a shuttle to the mostly flat platform and were told pickup was scheduled for ten hours later. Was going to be a long day for this mixed group of Sages, Avengers, & Shapers.

Still, it was a good learning experience as well as a potentially important mission all rolled into one. They numbered at about twenty-five strong and were being led by a female Kel Dor Sage by the name of Yra Oruun, who was well regarded as one of the wisest masters in the Shado Varmiri.

Within moments she held up a hand and motioned for silence, only the sound of waves and wind challenging her voice. She managed to pitch her voice over it though, with the sea not being particularly turbulent aiding as well.

"Here we are, Varmiri! The Evlec Sea as promised three days ago!"

There were a few very brief murmurs before they all quieted again.

"This little expedition could be crucial in determining certain mysteries Odessen has to offer us, so let us keep alert! It is also invaluable in your training experiences so keep that in mind. As we all know, there is some kind of strong pull to this spot in the Force. I am sure you can all feel it even now as I do," there were nods to this as she continued, "This is one of the greatest reasons as to why my fellow Sages and Sages-in-training have been pulled here. It could be extremely useful to us."

The woman motioned to the fluid terrain all about them now, her face serious and adorned with the specialized breath mask her species was known for.

"This terrain isn't exactly hospitable to many of us and our species, though some may be fine. However, from my understanding, exotic terrain training is highly useful for you stealth types and if there is anything…interesting…found underneath the waves, we may be relying on your skills for protection." She didn't elaborate further, leaving some to raise eyebrows.

"Marine biology is, as with all biology, integral to Shaper studies as well. So we thank you for your assistance as well and hope you find much to further your training here alongside the rest of us."

Mentor Oruun bowed to two humans, also masters, nearby at that moment. They returned the gesture formally.

"These two, if you don't know them, are Mentors Waoshei and Karna. Because of the aquatic surroundings, these two Atmokinetically trained Varmiri will assist in keeping us protected from the elements. They are our safety net, so if you find yourself in a natural predicament away from us…it is them you should search out with your eyes or in the Force.

"You have five minutes before we begin our trek beneath the waves!"

The Kel Dor bowed to them all then and began conversing with the obvious Kro Vari Mentors, while everyone else prepared themselves for the journey ahead. With no technological means of assistance in this endeavor, at least at first glance, it should prove curious how they went about it.

"Did you hear what she said, Devith?"

The young lorrdian man named Devith Treboh would turn his head to look upon his master, whom had just spoken to him. Mentor Reddnar. A giant dowutin male that dwarfed his young adherent, yet was pleased with his progress so far.

"Study the fish and other creatures well. It will go a long way in your training, but make sure to keep up! Otherwise you'll be doing laps around the Bio-Research Building." He chuckled, its sound deep and light-hearted. Still, the warning was very much real as his student well knew.

As Devith contemplated this possible consequence, he had time to prepare in any way he chose.

Tag: Darth_Elu

~Private Balcony, Shado Temple, Odessen~

A lone figure swathed in comfortable robes of black and white leaned against the railing of the private balcony that was attached to his personal quarters within the Shado Temple. His green eyes swept over the rest of the temple and its surrounding grounds, much of which was forest. He noticed a small gathering near the Fountain of Serenity in the Main Courtyard, recalling something regarding a training session to take place there today. Looks like it was about to begin.

He also gazed across the small bay toward Nabibr Oriya in the distance as well. The largest city and thus capital of Odessen for the Shado Varmiri.

Potentate Trysos Juhne watched this all silently, trying to simply center on the present and hope Commander General Zolrin Fourd accomplished his task in the nearby city. Yet, every time he tried the firrerreo found he had a significant problem.

The past wanted to be relived. It wanted to remind him. It wanted to him to feel its horror, tragedy, and successes all over again. For some reason it was exceptionally persistent today and it was making it hard to concentrate on anything.

His reasoning was that there were yet lessons from the dramatic Battle of Firrerre that were to be learned. Not just him, but from everyone.

With a sigh as he leaned his head down on his forearms, allowing himself to take a moment of attempted comfort. It didn't really work and instead felt a gentle rubbing on his right leg. Raising his head up to look down, he was unsurprised to see his vornskr companion Sharaz nuzzling him a little, sensing his distress.

Reaching down a hand to pat him on the head, he released a small smile. "We've been through quite a bit haven't we." The vornskr sat on its haunches and merely looked up at him calmly. A form of agreement in a certain point of view.

As his eyes took in the sable furred form of Sharaz, Trysos also saw much more. He relinquished his resistance at last and allowed the past to flow back in. It was best not to resist the White Current, as the Force was called among the Fallanassi, for long. It wanted him to perceive something, why else would the memories be so strong right now?

So it was time, now that he was free, to try to reflect and find what he was meant to see. He was on his balcony still…

…But he also found himself, and all those Shado Varmiri present with them at the time, back on Firrerre.

Back in Chaos.

To Be Continued…

@Mitth_Fisto Sinrebirth greyjedi125 Mikaboshi Dioskouros HanSolo29 Ktala spacelady

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: It is best if you put the first video on 'Loop' and play both at the same time. Now, enjoy the massacre…

11:13 a.m. Taungsday, Kwanan 32nd, 3 ABY

Battle of Firrerre

~Firrerre Orbit, Firrerre System~

Flash! Flash! Boom!

The X-Wing fighter shook from the incoming turbolaser blasts and its fighter continually forced himself to ignore the flashing images of destroyed comrades appearing in the darkness of space every so often.

Celestial Prime Baron Crayhess, a human man in his fifties, adjusted some controls and immediately turned away from some more incoming fire and the TIE the roared past immediately after.

"Keep your wits alert, they're intensifying their firepower, Varmiri!" he announced into the com.

"Intensifying? Are you serious!? We're already outnumbered!" came a response.

"We're not going to be able hold our position much longer!" came another.

A few shots fired and an Imperial TIE Bomber found itself no longer in existence, Prime Crayhess flying right through the debris expertly, his face an impassive mask to hide the turmoil within.

"Stay calm. We know no emotion in battle, Celestial Three. Five. We will hold as long as necessary till the others evacuate."

"Celestial Leader," intoned another voice, "You do realize they've already landed significant troops on the surface?"

Three more fighters from the Imperial forces were gunned down in rapid succession before he replied again.

"Affirmative. But we can prevent any more from here on out! Stay focused and cut the chatter. We've got work to do."

His eyes briefly strayed over to the sight of the two Imperial II Class Star Destroyers encroaching further and further toward the planet behind the swarms of fighters. Just where had the Galactic Empire come from? And how did they learn of their presence!?

Supporting them were two Bayonet Class Light Cruisers that were exchanging heavy fire with the three modified CR70 Corvettes that the Varmiri fielded. Scout, Fading Trace, & Resistance respectively.

At least the Star Destroyers were being somewhat slowed down by the largest ship and closest thing to a capital level vessel they had in the EF-76 Nebulon-B Frigate. Our Shield. It certainly gave the light cruisers pause, making them instead focus on the corvettes.

In addition, the Shado Varmiri also boasted two Imperial Light Cruisers known as Varmiri Pride and Vigilant. However, that was where their 'grand' fleet ended. They only had ten transports. And those were GR-75 Medium Transports that had to be heavily modified to take greater amounts of passengers along with the cargo they were mainly intended for. They were no fighters or cruisers in any sense.

They also only had about eighty starfighters of various design to field against…well. This whole attack fleet of the Empire's. Aside from the Star Destroyers and Light Cruisers mentioned, there were also three other Bayonets that had split off from the main force and were now taking up differing positions around Firrerre despite their best efforts. Landing troops while also patrolling for all escapes routes. They also had a single Gladiator Class Star Destroyer hovering directly above the planet as well after it too had maneuvering around the Shado Varmiri defenses. The two larger Star Destroyers forced all their main attention upon them as much as they disliked it.

Add in the easily over a hundred, possibly near two hundred, starfighters from such a fleet and it was not hard to realize how badly pressed the Shado Varmiri and native Firrerreos were.

"Void Squadron! Do you copy?"

"This is Void Leader, Celestial."

Prime Crayhess swooped his X-Wing below one of the Bayonets, narrowly evading its cannon fire while chasing after an Interceptor.

"I need you to chase after that Gladiator. Make it your top priority, I don't like how fast it got into position up there!"

"Copy Celestial Leader, we're on our way!"

Baron could only grimace and hope the Force would lead the way.

Tag: None Right Now

~Ten miles south of the Grand Falls, Firrerre~

Dust and debris kicked up high into the air as a large turbolaster shot struck the ground, just shy of its intended targets, forcing the mandalorian General Zolrin Fourd to lean away and raise up his arm to cover his face. Even with his trademark mandalorian helmet on, you couldn't help it at times.

"Shavit!" he roared into the radio, "This is the First Defense Line! We're fracturing all over the place over here! Permission to retreat, Potentate!"

The voice barely managed to crackle through with a reply over all the blaster fire between the ground troops mustered by the Shado Varmiri against the relentless outpouring of stormtroopers rushing their position.

"N…ative, General. We …eed more…ime."

Glancing over he saw a couple of rapidly moving enemies flying their way over the ground. Grinding his teeth in desperation and frustration, he pointed toward them while motioning for the portable cannons to notice the movement.

"SPEEDERS! SHOOT THEM DOWN!"

Their response was instantaneous and within seconds the two speeder bikes were blown away before they overran them. He leaned back to the radio.

"Roger, Potentate. But we can't give much more or we'll be wiped out."

The tall mandalorian dropped the radio onto the ground without even waiting for a response and picked up his rifle once more, positioning himself in the deep trench they had dug hastily. Firing into the enemy, he glanced over at the two to his immediate right. It was always best to be aware of those around you.

"Mentor Votrek!"

The blue skinned twi'lek, blaster rifle in hand, glanced over at him while still shooting. He nodded his acknowledgment, which was enough.

"Can you hold out a while longer?"

A few more shots halted his reply. "We will manage, General. Though I am not happy about the order of No Force abilities or lightsabers to be used!"

"Bu'la'ya. We could use those right now, but orders are orders!"

The twi'lek nodded and fired a few more shots, glancing down to the fellow twi'lek woman on his own right and crouched down so she could make quick adjustments to her weapon in safety. His adherent.

"Are you all right, Tazula?"

General Fourd allowed the two Force Sensitives check in with each other, while keeping his weapon firing hot and his eyes trained on the true looming threat approaching from the horizon. The cause of the large shot earlier.

The AT-AT Walkers.

All sixteen of them arrayed in a battle line.

And they couldn't retreat till ordered.

Tag: Ktala

~Harjan, Firrerre~

It was pandemonium in the small town of Harjan, as with all other small towns and cities planet-wide. They were experiencing the full wrath of the Empire and it was utterly terrifying. The strength being thrown against them overwhelming. Even if they were to use their full power to repel them successfully, the threat of the true strength behind this attack was hinted at. And defenses wouldn't hold a second time.

The orders had been resounded throughout the Firrerreo Communites and those who called themselves a Shado Varmiri. No Force powers or lightsabers were to be used unless very discreet and brief. The Sages and Diviners had spoken firmly on the matter and the Potentate trusted them, despite his own bewilderment.

In fact, that firrerreo leader of the young group, Potentate Trysos Juhne, was leading a large detachment of Varmiri soldiers and Order members to help in the defense of the town so close by to the Shado Temple. They also needed to streamline the simultaneous evacuations.

Setting his radio back on his belt after receiving a recent from General Fourd that he had to painfully decline, his armored head swiveled to gaze around him.

"A few Imperial Battalions are almost here. I can feel them."

An exasperated sigh from the lorrdian woman standing next to him, her red hair blowing behind her from the wind. "At least you can still use your senses," the woman stated. As always, she was agitated that she herself had no such ability.

"Shall I form the defensive perimeter?"

"Please do, Larra."

The lorrdian gave a thumbs up and began moving away with most of the soldiers. She was the Prime of Varmiri Foundation, usually just known as the Foundation Prime, and as such also held the honorable title of: Guardian of Firrerre. It was sad to see that particular title already put under such a heavy test even if she had the fire and drive to show exactly why she had earned her position.

"And Larra?"

Her head turned back to face him, "Hm? Yes, Potentate?"

"Stay safe."

A grin presented itself, her green eyes flashing. "You too, Trysos."

She then marched off as he turned to those still milling about with him, civilians fleeing all before them in massive crowds. Shouts and cries of terror filled the air. Aerial combat and the brief sights of the space combat faintly seen above. Yet they had to hold strong.

"With me, all of you! Guardian Sanan," here he used that title due to the situation, "will be forming the defenses of the area. We need to be on the lookout for Imperial soldiers coming in from other directions while trying direct the evacuation of the town! There's no time to waste! And remember, no lightsabers!"

Turning back around, the Potentate led them all into the chaotic scene with vibroblade in one hand and blaster pistol in the other.

The Varmiri followed faithfully.

"Lets go, Tashi," ordered his recently acquired Mentor Shahassa. She looked uncomfortable with the flechette rifle in her hands, but this whole battle was a mess.

Tag: Mikaboshi Darth_Elu

~Greengarde, Firrerre~

People of all kinds. All species, genders, and shapes began running from the moderately sized city toward the Varmiri Military Base just outside of it. There all the transport shuttles were being prepped for immediate takeoff after being crammed with as many people as they could carry. And launching starfighters as often as was possible to combat the Empire.

They ran from Greengarde as fast as they could, eerily becoming more and more orderly as they did so. The subtle effects of the passive version of Battle Meditation being used for the evacuation, an approved force technique for the situation as the orders for no Force powers or lightsabers allowed in the fight had come through early on. Directing it all from a high platform overlooking it all was the diminutive and furry kushiban known as I'rita. Despite her appearance and small stature, she was the Prime of Forward Destiny, more commonly known as the Forward Prime.

Her voice, amplified by the Force, carried over the masses. "ORDERLY LINES PLEASE! WE WILL GET YOU TO SAFETY! HURRY BUT DO NOT PANIC! THE VARMIRI SHALL SHOW THE WAY!"

Pausing to catch her breath, the female kushiban surveyed everything with a desperate expression. Her fur, known to change color according to her mood, was black to show that exact mixture of emotion she was feeling. Desperate and mourning. But there was just no time to rest, not now. Perhaps not for some time.

Turning her head, her large ears drooped, she took notice of the nearby middle aged human woman that was awaiting orders after doing a supply run a bit ago. If Forward Prime I'rita recalled, she was in the last stages of her adherent training and on the track of being an emissary in skill, much like herself.

Ah. She suddenly remembered her name as she recalled her Mentor, Gav Jendob, was down in the middle of the masses himself right then.

"Valieri. The Archons are doing well in keeping things as passive as possible with these crowds, but we need more people down there directing them all toward the Military Base. Please, could you get down there and assist in the direction of the evacuation on ground level?"

As soon as she moved toward the steps heading downward to comply, the Prime stopped her with her voice one more time. She didn't mean to overwhelm or frighten her, but she needed to warn her all the same.

"Valieri. Be careful not to get trampled, there are those who are unable to be calmed."

Sighing, the kushiban turned her attention back on those crowds from her hastily erected perch. With a deep breath, she continued what she could.

"REMEMBER TO STAY CALM! WE WILL PROTECT YOU FROM THE EMPIRE! JUST MAKE HASTE TO THE MILITARY BASE!"

And so on it went, feeling never ending. It certainly did to one particular Potential level Varmiri, her head whipping back to and fro as she tried to discern what else she could to assist where she was at. Ducking down, like everyone else around, as TIE Fighters screamed overhead and began blasting the rooftops as they passed thereby inducing screams of horror all around, Veira could only barely see a Kel Dor Sage she vaguely knew known as Az'aln Iihrandas hastily beckoning to her.

If there was ever a period that time was of the essence, it was now. Best to see what he needed.

Tag: HanSolo29 spacelady

~Base of Udarir Mountain, Firrerre~

No one knew what was going on. Not fully. Just the very obvious fact that they were all in grave danger. The group of perhaps a hundred Varmiri, Force Sensitive and not, had gathered together for an early morning lesson in nature and alchemy by the Essence Prime Briya Sorkas in a nearby forest.

Then the Empire arrived.

Initially they tried to hunker down and stay unnoticed while the human Prime tried to figure out what was going on. Unfortunately, both reports and sensed enemies approaching forced her to order them all to immediately flee for the Shado Temple high up on Udarir Mountain. As risky as the flight would be, it was their best chance for survival. Especially as the orders to not use any Force powers or lightsabers very clearly were communicated through comlink early on.

Now the second problem. Just as they reached the base of the mountain, Imperial troops ambushed them as they arrived from the opposite direction, bolstered by numerous assault speeders and stormtroopers. All forms of orderly ranks and discipline broke and now everyone was scattered, either running aimlessly or desperately hiding behind natural cover while the Empire mowed them down.

The Prime was nowhere in sight, but her presence was vaguely felt in the chaos.

The gigantic form of the dowutin mentor hunkered down behind a large rock formation that he had managed to duck behind along with a few others. Mostly potentials.

"Are you all right?" he roared.

The lorrdian male nearby nodded, though shaken and eyes wide. One moment he was enjoying a nice lesson in alchemy and other factual knowledge…then this!

Devith had no idea what to do with himself. What were any of them going to do!? They were doomed!

"Now, get your panic under control," rumbled the dowutin, "There is always a way out even if it doesn't look like it!"

"H-How!?" stammered a togruta woman.

"I don't see any way out!" whimpered a young firrerreo boy.

"Just wait and see!" the Mentor replied, his confidence easing them slightly. The blaster fire that occasionally hit their rocks jolting it however.

"For now we have to wait for the right opportunity! Then take it with no hesitation!" His large hand pointed straight at Devith.

"Understand?"

~Shado Temple, Firrerre~

This was just wonderful. She had only arrived on Firrerre yesterday, seeking out these Shado Varmiri and now the Galactic Empire had arrived in an attempt to erase all that effort. Glumly, musing on this fact while she helped hand medical supplies over to a Mon Calamari Varmiri who was one of the healers from what she heard, Lylithe could only wonder what was to become of everything. As did everyone else she knew.

Despite the overwhelming presence of the Empire and their troops, some having already begun fighting up Udarir Mountain in which the Temple was situated upon, she had to admit that the Shado Varmiri were putting up a surprisingly resilient defense with inferior numbers. Amplifying it was the fact that she was there when the formerly Baran Do Sages, now Varmiri themselves, had made sure to tell those in charge of the radios or who could project orders telepathically in the Force to spread the message: No Force powers or lightsabers allowed. Such things were to be discreet or not used at all.

The obvious alarm that created was felt even through the already present chaos.

It was only a matter of time before she was asked to evacuate along with those already beginning the process, but for now there was no viable escape route from the Temple. Apparently the small hangar attached in the rear of the Temple had already been efficiently destroyed by invading forces (she vividly remembered how the mountain shook when it was bombed) and were now focused on setting up a defense till a solution could be presented.

The one directing things nearby in the central chamber, which continually shook with rock dust raining down from above, was an elderly Kel Dor man known as Aré Borrn. Apparently he was a Prime, whatever that meant. If she lived through this ordeal, the woman was sure she'd understand what that title meant better, but for now it meant he was in charge and that's all that mattered.

"Make sure the Protectors are well stocked at the front of the Temple," she heard him saying, "And tell them not to close the front gate. Not yet!"

His black eyes met her own gaze and he waved her over. Evidently she would be needed further. And why not?

She had nowhere to run.

Tag: Sinrebirth

~The Howling Forests, Firrerre~

They were moving. As fast as the force of perhaps four hundred Shado Varmiri soldiers and Order members knew speeders and a few tanks could go, it almost seemed like the Force itself was pushing them along faster than they believed possible on these vehicles. And they weren't actively using their abilities due to the urgent order of No Force powers or lightsabers allowed being given earlier on.

It had thrown everyone into an uproar before they even began to truly mount a resistance to the Imperial Army. But things were moving forward now, like it or not. And they were on perhaps the most dangerous task of all. But it was crucial if any of them were going to survive this massive assault.

Assault? No. Massacre.

While defenses were being set up all over Firrerre and evacuations being hastily assembled, they were given the dangerous and honorable distinction of forming the sole counterattack. It was the only hope they had of slowing down the Empire in their myriad offensives on the planet. They needed to give all the various defensive formations more time, which in turn gave everyone more time.

They were led by none other than the Prime of Liberating War, more commonly just called the War Prime. A powerful Rakatan man, of all things, who was once a chosen champion of the Jensaarai and had personally dueled the Potentate years back to see if he was worthy. But that was in the past and their present was in extreme jeopardy.

Prime Yar'nu stood erect and proud on the hood of one of the speeders so he could launch into combat more quickly while inspiring confidence in those who saw him, his cape flowing behind him majestically. Despite everything, he seemed fiercely defiant. Unmovable. Invincible. There was no one better to lead this attack.

A Keshiri Mentor leaned in toward the two men close to him in the speeder they were seated in, bouncing due to the speed of their travel, and addressed them. His name was Valens Feerrum and was well known as a powerful warrior in his own right. One of those he spoke to was his own adherent, Amir.

"How are you two feeling? Jittery? Afraid? Best to admit your feelings now and then calmly recite the code to yourselves to ease your emotions. There is no shame in any such thoughts before such a task. Amir, remember your training. There just may never be a time more important than this."

He focused on the young yuzzem next to him. A potential level student who was sadly thrust into such a high-risk mission due to desperation. "Ran, was it? Do you need anything? Now is the time to ask."

Another big bounce as they moved along stealthily in the forest, trying to creep by the Empire to strike them right at their command post without being detected beforehand. This was also the region where a secular group of Dathomiri Witches rigidly kept to their old ways while still allied with the Shado Varmiri. Mentor Feerrum idly wondered if they'd show up to assist, though it was hard to say.

Fight or Flight was the internal war one had the hardest time winning if not used to it. At times, even when you were used to it. The distant sounds of battle all over the planet reaching them was a constant trial for everyone in that very thing.

The Keshiri also checked over to see what kind of weapons the two had chosen for themselves in lieu of their lightsabers. An important detail.

Tag: greyjedi125 Mitth_Fisto

Meanwhile, elsewhere some distance away…(5:07 p.m. Local Time)

~Karetoki Village, Rattatak~

The trail was still fresh.

He didn't know who these two Force Sensitives were, but they weren't the best at disguising their passage throughout the Rattattaki village. Their ability to continually evade their trackers however over the past two days? That was another matter.

High Inquisitor Yperion was impressed. And he was not impressed easily. Glancing over at his partner, whom he was still getting used to at some level, Kartessa; he gave a nod. They both came to the decision that they were finally closing in on their elusive prey this time. Whoever they were, they would not get away much longer.

The Dark Side told them as such.

The pair of Imperial agents stood among the small groups of people in a main dusty street, which had been covered over the top with thick material to block out the occasionally harsh sun between buildings. It created a suitable ambience of darkness as they began to slowly traverse down it.

When the Empire had its sights set on you. It never let go. For the Emperor never lost. Something that had been made rather apparent to the High Inquisitor in his years of service. Even the Battle of Yavin and other little rebel victories throughout the ongoing Galactic Civil War were insignificant in the grand scheme of things. He was already aware of certain…ideas the Emperor had begun to form for the Rebel Alliance soon enough.

But was something else and his focus needed to be on the here and now. A mere extension of all of that and symbolic of the Emperor's will and reach.

Somewhere up ahead, two Force Sensitives were on this very street. Hiding in plain sight.

They would find them. And they would end them.

…Yet, in the back of their minds, they felt something at least slightly different about this upcoming encounter. Like it was going to be critical to them personally somehow. It was a vague and rather faint feeling, but odd and present nonetheless.

Nevertheless. The Will of the Dark Side drove them onward.

Back at Firrerre…

~Firrerre Orbit, Firrerre System~

The two Imperial II Class Star Destroyers advanced further and further into the unknown enemy's ranks, though their defenses were surprisingly impressive despite their horribly outnumbered and outgunned position.

Watching from the viewports upon the bridge of the Chimaera, Commander Gilad Pellaeon had his hands clasped behind his back and watched the scene unfold.

They had expected a small resistance, token really, and then a clean sweep of whomever settled on the Outer Rim world of Firrerre. From previous reports, the planet was sparsely populated due to various tragedies having befallen its people. Evidently the Empire had not been keeping as close an eye on this system as they should have. Already there were orders being distributed elsewhere to change that as soon as their cleanup mission was finished.

Thing was, the 'cleanup' had evolved into a true battle. All readings came out the same. Whoever these people were, they were no simple raiders or pirates. And they were not the Rebel Alliance.

"Commander, sir!"

Gilad had been given control over the ship due to his commanding officer taking ill a few days ago and was still in his quarters battling it out. The surprise of this mission did not lend itself to suddenly changing command now, not until he was better and that was clearly not going to happen today.

The Commander turned to face the officer calling to him.

"Yes, Lieutenant?"

"A call from the Covenant, sir."

Pellaeon swiftly marched over to the communications station and nodded respectfully to the man in charge of it. "Very good. It must be Captain Mainyu. Put him through."

"Sir."

The image of the severe looking Captain with his hawk nose and matching personality came into view. Pellaeon hated the man and he hadn't even met him until a couple days ago when they were put together into this little task force. No honor, too obviously ambitious, and ruthless to a point that it stained the Empire in his personal opinion. Sadly, he outranked him and was put in charge of this endeavor.

He saluted as if he idolized him, which illicited a momentary nod that barely acknowledged it.

"Commander Pellaeon. The enemy is putting up stronger resistance than expected, which is unacceptable."

His brown eyes stared unflinchingly at the man before him. "What would you have me do, Captain?"

His superior seemed to glance away for a moment, as if watching something out of his own viewports before turning back to the active transmission. A scowl on his face, though Pellaeon couldn't tell if that was actually meant toward him or not.

"I'll be having the light cruisers Spear and Precursor, move forward out of position to entice them into a reckless counterattack. They'll hope to thin our larger vessels by any means surely. I want you to angle toward the frigate meanwhile."

"You want use to destroy their main defense while they are occupied?"

"Indeed. We will keep pace with you as well. This farce has gone on long enough. That frigate falls. They fall. We all know it."

This fact was probably true. Still…

Another salute. "As you say, Captain."

"Good."

The transmission cut and he strolled briskly over to the center of the bridge, doling out orders to angle toward the enemy Nebulon frigate. A vessel they were intimately familiar with over the course of the war against the Alliance.

But there was no way the enemy would fall for the bait. At best, they'd begin to counterattack, but would fall back into their defensive maneuvers around their frigate as soon the Star Destroyers began pushing toward it. It was too obvious. And whoever these people were, they clearly knew what they were doing as well.

Frowning, he glanced out the viewport again to watch a couple of TIEs be gunned down by a passing ship of some strange design right in front of them, right before one of their own cannons took it out in exchange.

"The enemy cruiser to the frigate's starboard side at Point Three-Oh-Seven," he said suddenly, "I want Delta Squadron bombing it immediately. Break off from their current objectives. Top priority."

It was his own call, but he knew that ship would move directly in their path if they were to do the Captain's orders. Best to clear all obstacles before hand. He would honor his opponents with worthy tactics, not underestimation and savagery.

The Battle of Firrerre raged on…

Tag:No One

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Amir T’ekoah
    ‘The Stargazer’ Hall, Odessen: Present day, 5 ABY

Every time he came this way, he had to stop and gaze at her in awe, give his silent respects. It was hard to believe that it had only been two years since the incident, since that great battle for their very survival. It was a battle he didn’t think he would live through, but the Force clearly had other plans for him.

He stood for a moment, feeling inner pride, melancholy and reassurance.

The sun’s rays moved over his dark skin, gave light to his grey blue eyes, and glinted off his silver-grey armor. He had been an Adherent then, and now, he was a Wielder among his people. Among the Varmiri.

Amir recited the code in his mind and his heart, just as he always did when standing on this spot.

A sudden ‘huff’ at his side brought him out of his reverie and back to the present. His animal companion was looking at him. Oryx was a large Honoghr Stava, with a shiny coat of onyx color, powerfully built and standing nearly one meter at the shoulder. His eyes glinted with fierce intelligence. His species however, were wiped out from the Noghri homeworld, but could be found elsewhere.

“Don’t worry, we won’t be late.” Amir said, smiling, then patted the stava’s large head. Oryx responded with a short bark of agreement.

It wasn’t long before the Varmiri Weilder found himself inside the ’Stargazer’, listening to the Celestial Prime, a powerful four armed T’surr.

Amir nodded his head in many places as he listened, feeling galvanized by the Celestial Prime’s words. looking around, he saw many of his brothers and sisters within the Shado Varmiri reacting, cheering in agreement, pumping their fists in the air. Indeed, it was time to rebuild what was lost, to recoup their losses and rekindle the Varmiri Heart of Fire.

Nearby, he noticed Veira Rynn, a fellow Varmiri. Her beauty was easily apparent and clearly undeniable, which too often masked her true talent. Amir would not in greeting should she catch him gazing in her direction.

The Celestial Prime was asking for help in regards to rebuilding the Varmiri Fleet, and though he considered himself a ‘decent’ pilot, Amir vowed to do everything he could to help in this endeavor. Ideas were already churning inside his mind and he would not have to wait long to share them.

“So. Who’s first with ideas? Don’t be shy.”

Amir quickly raised an armored hand as he looked at the Prime. Out of the periphery of his eye, he sought to see if he had beaten Veira to the punch.

“For a starcraft…” Amir said in a loud and confident voice so he could be heard, “ I suggest a highly modified Z-95 Headhunter. It is efficient, battle worthy and quite customizable.”

Well, it was an excellent overall starfighter class to start with, and he really liked them, not just because of the name.

“And for colors, I suggest ‘Copper’ and ‘Black’ in equal parts. Copper to represent our earthiness, grounded natures, the blood in our veins and our durasteel tenacity. Black is the color of the ocean which we all navigate, space being the byway of our intersecting destinies. Add yellow stripes, which represent the rays of light and hope that guide is in our darkest hour.”

Amir paused, reflecting on what he’d just said aloud. He wasn’t sure he’d ever meant to share such sentiments, but he did not regret doing so now. Those colors would always remind him of what was sacrificed at Firrerre.

“Thank you.”

There, it was done. Perhaps the next Varmiri would offer something far less somber.

Tag: spacelady, Darth_Elu

Battle of Firrerre
    The Howling Forests, 3 ABY

The morning had started like any other. Amir had gone out with his Mentor, Valens Feerrum to run drills with new trainees. For Amir, it was a good opportunity to form bonds, as well as a warm up for his own, more intensive training regimen. But this day was not like any other day, especially after the reports of Imperial Attacks started pouring in.

At first, there were feelings of disbelief, which soon transformed into what became a chaotic evacuation effort amid mass confusion.

far above the planet surface, Imperial Forces had engaged the Varmiri Fleet. On the ground, Varmiri settlements all over Firrerre were under attack. There were too many unanswered questions as to why this was happening. All that was left to do now, was escape.

But where could they go? There was no safe haven on the ground. Any ship that took to the air was likely to get shot down. In truth, the situation looked hopeless.

Hasty plans were made as the leadership scrambled to salvage the situation as best they could. Those on the ground needed a chance to escape. To that end, Varmiri soldiers of every rank were gathered to form some kind of counter-strike against the Imperial Army.

Amir was fully armored as he rode with his mentor and a fellow adherent of recent acquaintance. All together, they were about 400 souls encompassing a small battalion, which rushed to face off against the Imperial Army. The kuron was silent for the moment, but inside him, there was a storm churning.

He tried to feel inspired at the sight of the War Prime, but found that to be very difficult at the moment, despite the Rakatan looking every bit the part in his gleaming armor and flowing cape.

“How are you two feeling? Jittery? Afraid? Best to admit your feelings now and then calmly recite the code to yourselves to ease your emotions. There is no shame in any such thoughts before such a task. Amir, remember your training. There just may never be a time more important than this.”

The voice of his Keshiri mentor nearly caught him by surprise, that’s how far in his mind he'd gone. Amir swiveled his helmeted head in an instant and tried his best to keep his anger in check, which made his voice sound like a hiss.

“I don’t understand it, Mentor! How can they expect us to win this fight by ordering us not to use Force Powers or Lightsabers? How can we have victory if our hands are tied and our eyes blindfolded!? The very tools of our triumph forbidden!?”

Amir let out a long breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding. Of course, he trusted the upper echelons. They’d always led them to one victory after another, even when things seemed grim. He knew they could see and sense things he could not, that there was a reason for such a counter-intuitive order. It was just, very frustrating and angering all at once, to resist what came as natural as breathing. To not fight the way he had trained to fight all his life. It didn’t make sense- but he had to trust them. He had done so all along without issue, even in moments he did not quite see or understand things.

This was no different- at least in theory.

“You’re right Mentor.” Amir said, his voice sounding strained, but just slightly less frustrated. “I shall meditate on the code and clear my mind for the upcoming battle. We must be focused and unified in our purpose.”

Slowly, Amir closed his eyes and began to breathe rhythmically. The grip upon the vibrosword he now carried became less earnest. He needed to remain clam, not only for the battle, but for his brothers in arms, for the yuzzem he would be fighting with, for himself, and for his family, the Varmiri.

Whatever happened, he would honor his family, his Mentor and his way of life.

Tag: Darth_Elu, Mitth_Fisto

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tazula Re'nal
    1:00 p.m. Primeday, Alsakember 11th, 5 ABY
    Rebuilding on Odessen

Tazula grinned as she walked through the district. Lots of people walking about, shopping and taking care of various business as they milled about. Tazula looked about. The felt very peaceful in the area. No bad thoughts or feelings. She pulled her lekku behind her, as she looked over at one of the law officers nearby. Yep, very peaceful. But why wouldn't it be? They were like family here. That, and a small population, where everyone felt connected, and helped out their neighbor, tended to make things feel peaceful. Which was a good thing. Better than before.

Tazula was wondering why she was part of the class and exercise today. It was a pretty large group group of Protectors, Archons, & Atmokinetics students, who were rounded for patrol duty and enforcement assistance. Protectors, and Archons, Tazula could understand. But why her class? They should be looking at the elements, or other sciences. But patrol duty? Helping out was second nature, as Tazula was quickly learning. It felt a bit different from home, but it was comforting as well. Tazula looked about. Her mentor had gone missing. Again. Tazula simply shook her head. He would show up again, soon enough.

Another mock attack, most likely. He liked to keep her on her toes. And he could be difficult to keep track of, if she didnt keep her defensive up. Like now. "Laheron seems in a good mood today," Low Archon Derrao Kan announced to the group, as they walked though the town, leading their patrol. "We may be blessed by the Force for a smooth patrol again. We'll be splitting off into teams soon. Step lively!" Tazula frowned. Teams? Her teacher had not mentioned how long this little patrol was going to last. But still, she mused to herself, there were probably worse details to pull than this. At least it got them outdoors today. But with her mentor disappearing off, that meant she better -

"You as well, Tazula. I am sure your master is planning on trying to surprise us," A female mentor addressed Tazula, making a face towards Tazula, "Again. So stay alert and thwart him." Tazula's head tilted, and she grinned at the codru-ji woman who was a mentor of Tashi, another student in the group. Tazula flashed a smile. "Of course, mentor. I will do my best!" she replied, as she expanded her force radius, as she paid more attention to what was going on around the patrol. Mentor Votrek would definitely not like it if she was caught daydreaming about during the training session. So, she became more focused as the group began to move. Toughly twenty strong, trailing the Low Archon. Well, things were getting interesting now.

Tag: Mikaboshi Darth_Elu

Tazula Re'nal
    11:13 a.m. Taungsday, Kwanan 32nd, 3 ABY
    Battle of Firrerre

~Ten miles south of the Grand Falls, Firrerre~

Tazula hunkered down in a hastily dug trench, her fingers clutched tightly to a blaster rifle that she was currently holding. Not a weapon she would normally choose, but desperate times called for desperate measures. And right now, things were very desperate. A plume of dirt exploded nearby.

"Mentor Votrek!"

Tazula looked up at the sound of her Mentor's name being called out. A twi'lek like herself, he also clutched a blaster riffle in hand as he responded to the person who had called his name, General Fourd, a Mandalorian. "Can you hold out a while longer?" the General asked him. Tazula was busy cleaning the dirt from a side port of her weapon, styaing close to her Mentor. As they spoke another barrage of blaster fire came across, which her Mentor promply fired back with his own, as he responded to the General. "We will manage, General. Though I am not happy about the order of No Force abilities or lightsabers to be used!"

"Bu'la'ya. We could use those right now, but orders are orders!"

Tazula grunted softly. Yes, she had not been too happy about that order either. But she kind of thought she understood the reasoning. But that sure didnt make things easy. But she would follow the lead of her Mentor. For she was his student. His adherent. A cloud of dirt exploded nearby, and Tazula ducked a bit lower. His voice, interrupted her current thoughts..

"Are you all right, Tazula?"

She replied by giving a wry smile, her lekku curled over her shoulder as she made a face. "Of course I am." She suddenly stood up, and fired off a few shots, making sure the fresh fuel cell she had added was working well. Nothing like diving head first into a hastily dug trench, to start off your day. After she fired off a few rounds, she crouched back down, looking for new targets. "Are we having fun yet?" she asked, just loud enough for Mentor Votrek to hear. She was trying to keep her spirits up, but the mood around her was hard to ignore. She was working hard to block the feelings and emotions she was picking up all around her. She didnt want her Mentor to worry about her. There were too many other things to worry about at the moment. They were part of a line, and they had to hold it for as long as possible. It wasnt too easy. A few soldiers she had managed to get with her diskblades. But for the most part, they were too far away for them to be useful. But good for the close up. The General's weapon fired a new report of blaster fire towards the horizon. Tazula stuck her head up, to look around. And her eyes went wide when she saw what looked to be heading towards them now. AT-AT Walkers. Sixteen of them, all lined up. Three or four would be bad enough. But sixteen! Poodoo! Ba'ka! Someone was playing a cruel joke. At right now, she was not laughing. So far, they were still a good distance away. But not for long. They needed a new plan.

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Tashi and Mizu

"Tashi."

His attention snapped back to his mentor, Shahassa. He had a tendency to drift off, she knew him well.
    "The Low Archon reasons we have no problem ahead. But we know better, don't we. Remain alert, stay calm of mind, and expect the unexpected. We all learned that the hard way two years ago." Of course none of those who were there could forget.

"You as well, Tazula. I am sure your master is planning on trying to surprise us," she mock grimaced, "Again. So stay alert and thwart him."

Tashi, though he tried he wasn't invested in the task. Even though he was reminded constantly of Firrerre he preferred to not think about it, it wasn't the first home he lost and he found that the less you thought about them the less it hurt. Little ever happened on these security details anyway, it was boring and it was time taken from his training. If they were ever attacked again he would be of better use fully trained. Yet he did as he was told, and even if he didn't like it he understood his obligation to this community. All gave some, it didn't matter how important you were.

Mizu chirped near his feet, the red and black lumer was always nearby, especially when hungry. It wasn't hard to tell, every couple of feet Mizu would jump at his hip pouch where Tashi almost always carried a few snacks. His own stomach growled as well, the thought of food instantly made him hungry. Reaching into the bag he pulled out something wrapped in a wax paper, undoing it he revealed a bar made of grains and nuts mixed together with a local honey.

Tashi broke off a third and let it fall, Mizo caught it instantly and began to devour it. Another third he broke off for himself, he shoved the entire thing in his mouth and began to chew it happily. "Taz" Tashi called as softly as he could, her name barely discernible through the mouth full of food. He offered her the remaining third, "You hungry?"

Tag: Mikaboshi Ktala

Tashi and Mizu
    ~Harjan, Firrerre~

"Lets go, Tashi," ordered his recently acquired Mentor Shahassa. Even to his untrained eye it was obvious that she was as unfamiliar with blasters and rifles as he was, yet they were both armed now. She a flechette rifle, he a hand held blaster. He felt ridiculous, or at least would have if he wasn't already consumed by terror. He'd seen the destruction of his home on Kor Var, but that was entirely different that actively participating in battle.

He'd never killed anyone before, and he really didn't want to, he hoped the Force didn't intend to change that.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tazula Re'nal (Taz)

A small chirp made Tazula looked over towards Tashi. His companion, a red and black lumer was at his feet. Tazula gave a small smile, as she watched the two interact. It reminded her of Zaka, her companion Voorcat. She reached up, gently touching a small tailsman she wore around her neck. Zaka was gone now, and it was like a piece of her was missing. No longer was her companion with her, she could not confide in, when she felt down, or share secrets with. She missed having a companion, but so far, nothing had yet shown itself to her. So for now, she was alone. She quickly looked away, letting out a small sigh, as her lekku draped behind her back. She refocused herself on the task of keeping aware, for her mentor's eventual return.

"Taz." Tazula looked up at Tashi, offering him a slight smile as he softly called her. He offered her the remaining third, of the snack he was busily munching on. "You hungry?" Tashi's smile turned into a full fledged grin. "Sure." she softly answered, as she moved close to Tashi, taking the offered snack.

She took a small bite of the snack, enjoying the strong honey taste. "Oh, that taste greats." she whispered back to Tashi, as she kept her guard up. She wanted to ask him what he thought about the patrol so far, but it was not a question to ask, with his mentor so close. So she simply grinned, as she chewed on snack he had given her. "I wonder what size teams we're going to be put in?" she asked him softly, as they continued to follow the Low Archon.

Tag: Mikaboshi

greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lylithe
    Now, Bakura

Salis D'aar was as busy as any capital, and it usually made her feel both nervous and secure. The last few years seemed to have been tumult after another. Disconnected from her family, and then her allies, and then bouncing across the galaxy with and without the Shado Vamiri. But she had made her way back to them when everything, as ever, fell apart again. As such, a city gave her anonymity, but also the chance of surveillance. The war was over, apparently, but out here it was all chaos and opportunity. The Western Reaches were lawless even under the Empire, and the New Republic was still mopping up Imperials.

Lylithe shook off these thoughts. Sorkas, her Mentor Az'aln Lihrandas, Valieri Eross, and others. Her Mentor was not so much hovering as keeping a watchful eye of her, she felt, which was difficult not to take as condescending at her age. It was simply something else Lylithe took in her stride.

"Take special note of us being selected as part of Prime Sorkas' group. Certainly, it means we are to be on the particular hunt for alchemical products here in the commercial district. What else would you say it means?"

Lylithe occasionally found her masters comments frustratingly vague, as they were shaped in an open way but Lylithe sought a solid answer. And then, the question would be turned outwards, expanding even more -

"After giving me your opinion, why don't you ask another for their viewpoint as well as any advice in procurement. It could prove enlightening."

There it was. Az'aln seemed to glance at Valieri, and Lylithe could tell she was being proceed to do more than exchange names with this one. "I assume we are required in these numbers as there is a risk." Lylithe imagined her mentor would disapprove of such negativity, and she found herself amending herself. "But I am happy to be wrong. What do you think we are all here for?"

Lylithe suddenly wondered if a group this large would intimidate a smaller merchant, but she doubted that the Mentors would make such a mistake. Which itself implied there were definitely bigger fish to fry, proverbially.

---
    Then, Battle of Firrerre

Brushing her sweat laced hair from her forehead, Lylithe handed over another supply case and tried to draw her focus tighter, and closer. She had only arrived yesterday, and did not have a good sense of what exactly the situation was within the group, but they were definitely in trouble. What little they had been able to work out down here showed three Star Destroyers pounding their two measly light cruisers. Sure, the smallest of the three Imperial ships had nudged around their defence line in the interest of making sure none of them escaped, but it was overkill at this stage.

The Force was rolling with pain, with death, and concern, but there was a surprisingly little of panic. The Force users here were all determined leaders, and calming the crowd. Lylithe had thought that this planet would be a relative safe haven; the Empire had completed a genocide here years ago, and one would not expect them to cluck over their victories so thoroughly. Clearly they had, and she suppressed any worry that she had led the Imperials here - she had been as careful as she could be. It could have been dumb bad luck - nobody had thus far accused her and in many ways that made her feel worse that they were so welcoming and she had been so guarded about her loss.

But the reason she was keeping the Force close was at the instruction of the others, requiring it be kept subtle. Lylithe wondered if they were playing up a refugee angle, and keeping their true strength hidden so as not to draw the eye of the Inquisitors. From her isolated spot behind the frontlines, she simply did not know, and in many ways she was struggling to let go. She had been estranged from her family for so long that trusting a community was too difficult for her. Part of her wanted to flee, to run, to find her ship and make for space.

Even then, Lylithe knew there would be no escape alone.

Aré Borrn, the Prime, was speaking up, and she lost her train of thought. "Make sure the Protectors are well stocked at the front of the Temple," she heard him saying, "And tell them not to close the front gate. Not yet!"

The Kel Dor waved her over. Lylithe swallowed deeply. The front gate? Was she to go forward?

Were they that desperate?

The place shook.

Lylithe scowled at herself. She had survived worse than this, in her heart. And so she would triumph here.

Moving over, she spoke up, meeting those eyes. "Sir?"

TAG: HanSolo29, Darth_Elu

20. Dioskouros

Mar 16, 2017
    Present

"Elda. What is the third line of the Varmiri Code?"

-I know the Truth of the Force-echoed she, deeply piercing Mentor Pazas with her gaze, but for a brief moment,
    before clearing her mind again--she had to, and it was never simple, Passionate as she was, for the previous Code line said,

'I know no Emotions in Battle'

She adhered to, and believed in this Code--Vertumnus most certainly did.

..."Now that we've gone over the exercise, are there any questions first?"

The Nautolan Mentors waited to see if any would speak as the Fountain serenely kept up its gentle sound of flowing water.

None would ask, for the unspoken battle rivalry (if only for friendly supremacy) between the Varmiri Adherent warriors and shadowfighters was ever ongoing,

yet she had, felt, nor needed any of it. She knew none in the group came close to rivaling her.
    She instead focused only in the sound of the water, and in the flow of the Force.

Thus it was that the excercise began; most of her Dervish colleagues would utilize Force Stealth to attempt sneak attacks on the Ravagers--whose senses were far more attuned to raging combat than to focused defense--she knew her group had a serious chance, yet some others chose to ignite their sabers and outright charge--she saw only failure in that, for in sheer combat prowess, the Ravagers would ultimately come out on top;

She always chose different. Igniting her red-bladed lightsaber, gracefully adopting a Makashi stance, she calmly walked onto a group outside the main melee;
    Standing in front of 6 Ravagers that protected 2 Thaumaturges as they healed, she duel-saluted the armored warriors, knowing her proficiency with the blade far outmatched pretty much all Adherent-ranked Varmiri.

She strode in pace toward the berserkers,
    an imposingly striking image of Pure Finality

He quietly respected this Miraluka with absolute Obedience, wordlessly accepting his kind praise, ever aknowledging him thus as a fellow Force-sensitive hunter of old--he was glad a Luka Sene Seeker was his and Elda's Mentor in their Shado Varmiri welcoming onto Peace, True Purpose, and Enlightenment.

He enjoyed the green so, the warm weather, the myriad sounds of wild life-forms, the deadly peace that jungles hold, their natural balance. This place reminded him of Lao-mon--without all its mighty predators.

"It would seem it is time to press on. Are you ready, my adherent?"
    -I am, Seeker-he was in his Human form, 1.80 meter-tall, an agile young man of light skin and dark hair, his Facehelm/'mask' removed presently, his long-range combat rifle in both hands, his Varmiri Discblade clasped to his right hip. He liked that signature weapon.

"As we progress and keep our senses alert, do you have any questions?"-asked Mentor Cen, as Ambassador Grell Akre'ya finished his instructions,

-None, Seeker.
    Permission to cover the group, Ambassador as priority, personally from a distance-he put forth onto his Mentor, calmly in turn, as he finished inspecting/readying his Disintegrator.
    -and permission to deploy probe droids into a protective perimeter-said he as he technologically vanished, using Force Stealth as well

Darth_Elu likes this.
  21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Randalpho
    ~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

He stood there with his snout lifted into the air, enjoying the scent and play of the air upon what fur it could reach and providing just enough cooling that he was not stifled to be standing there. It truly was a perfect day. At least except for where he was on this day, for he and others stood before the mighty forest situated in between the two cliff sides which boxed the forest in. The sun was high in the sky and warm, few clouds to obstruct it. The only problem of this place, was the forest itself.

Rather, it was that they were heading into the Gon-Ba Forest that was in front of them with cliffs flanking it, and the impressive height of the trees themselves, it was immediately apparent that the sun wouldn't penetrate into its depths for very long. He knew in his own bones that he was raised by those who were masters of staying high in the trees, to avoid the deadly things that dwelt within the deep of forest canopies. That instinct although having no basis in his own childhood yet whispered to him now, almost a plaintive call to climb and skim the heights of those trees.

Plenty of Varmiri had come to use it as a way of poetically describing the dark side in nature. Tempting, yet shadowy within. It was known as a strong current in the Force, highly receptive to Force Visions. But to stray too long held dangers best not traversed alone. Or so the tales went.

The group he was with that dared to go in together into such darkness? Mostly those of Spellcasters, Diviners, & Seekers class or caste were to brave it. Ran glanced over at his mentor, Yoree'na. A green twi'lek woman who was at turns fiery and contemplative. Strict, but protective of her yuzzem adherent no matter how many kilos, meters, and muscles bound he had beyond her. She merely glanced over at him, catching his gaze, and offered a wink while letting a hand stroke the head of her companion that rested on her right shoulder. A loth-cat by the name of Hurra.

He grinned slightly in return. His own teeth glinting in the light. The trio of Varmiri Mentors leading this forest-delving exercise spoke amongst each other in whispers, not yet ready to begin, whispers he had no true desire to discern with his abilities. It would all come soon enough. He could tell by the way of the Lead Mentor, a Dathomiri woman named Ataya kept frequently stealing glances at the group, then back at the forest, before returning to the other two mentors in charge. Signs of the soon to come. It reminded him of his own stolen glances at the Battle two years past. He had been merely a promising prospect then, in some ways he supposed he still was. They all waited to hear what their official objectives would be. All the while the forest seemed to sigh with ominous intent through the breeze. It almost felt like it was anticipating their coming trespass.

Eagerly.

Climb. The instinct crept within him as he looked at it, but he would not let it rule him yet it was still there. Still diverting his eyes and making his wounded eternal ankle throb at the thought and anticipation. But Yoree'na seemed to be one of those few unperturbed. Thoughtful perhaps, but that was about it. Something to be admired. How one so small could be so unconcerned baffled him, but then he felt his own companion stir slightly under his cape and he heaved a sigh. Baffling perhaps, but much appreciated from both.

"Now is the time to center yourself, Ran," Mentor Na spoke suddenly though lightly, "While I shall be with you, Gon-Ba Forest is not to be underestimated. Do you understand?"

"Yes Yoree'na. Centering for battle I know, centering for meeting a beast I know, yet this still stirs something that disturbs it. I feel like I dance about the balance I seek whenever I look into it's depths. Any better words than the code have you? I think I have nearly worn them thin." he grumbled back. At this admission a flash of a memory of traversing another forest played upon his mind flittering for a moment.

Tag: @DarthElu

***** Two Years Prior *****
    ~The Howling Forests, Firrerre~

Earlier, what a morning of omens it had been. The live stock had been restless and he as well. If he had known this was why his family would of prepared more sooner and faster, but it was what it was. Now he was fighting a war to protect his family, adopted Shado Varmiri and true. Not to win and save them and their land, but for time.

It was disheartening to know that he could do so much more, that they all could. Yet they would not. They were hemmed in by the orders, the urgent order of No Force powers or lightsabers allowed no matter what. There were nearly four hundred of them doing this, sneak attack from the rear or whatever one calls it. He wasn't ready. He certainly didn't think so, but that didn't matter, his family and many others were counting on him. On all of them.

Some had called this an assault. He might not of been alive when the Empire and slavers had attacked his homeworld and exported his family, but he knew this was nothing more than a massacre and possibly a slaving attack. It was the horror of his parents past, not knowing, merely doing all they could to survive.

Only this time, it was the whole world. All over Firrerre the battle raged and the evacuations hastily assembled, the group he was with, they were given the dangerous and horrifying honorable distinction of forming the sole counterattack. It was up to them to be the only hope of their families in slowing down the Empire in their myriad offensives on the planet. They needed to give all the various defensive formations more time, which in turn gave everyone more time, if they could only hit hard enough to give the Imperials pause.

Luckily he was riding with their leader, none other than the Prime of Liberating War, or War Prime. A powerful Rakatan man, something he only recognized because someone else had told him so, who was the one that had personally dueled the Potentate for Jensaarai many years back to see if he was worthy. Knowing someone so capable in battle was with them gave him some comfort.

Especially as Prime Yar'nu stood erect and proud on the hood of one of the speeders it gave a boost of confidence and surety where he did not truly feel it within himself, after all the Prime's cape was flowing behind him majestically. He was glad he was leading them.

A Keshiri Mentor leaned in toward the two men close to him in the speeder they were seated in, bouncing due to the speed of their travel, and addressed them. His name was Valens Feerrum and was well known as a powerful warrior in his own right. One of those he spoke to was his own adherent, Amir.

"How are you two feeling? Jittery? Afraid? Best to admit your feelings now and then calmly recite the code to yourselves to ease your emotions. There is no shame in any such thoughts before such a task. Amir, remember your training. There just may never be a time more important than this." Hearing that made him start to recite the words in his head, perhaps they would help settle this sick feeling in his guts. True he had killed before, but only animals. Living sentient beings. . .that was something else. Everything he knew told him this was true, and it sickened him somewhat.

How could the second line be true? For him he was not there, his guts still roiled and clenched. He felt the mans attention shift to him. "Ran, was it? Do you need anything? Now is the time to ask."

Another big bounce as they moved along stealthily in the forest, clenching his guts as though tightening a knot, as they were trying to creep by the Empire to strike them right at their command post without being detected beforehand. He had heard in the rush of things that there were a group of Dathomiri Witches that rigidly kept to their old ways near here as well. Although that was neither here nor there, everywhere there was someone and everywhere they fighting and dieing to protect family, the Force practically wept within him at it all. Although it was something be distracted by as the one of higher rank let his anger and rile at the situation shine through.

It was comforting that notion, someone higher and better than him was struggling with the same issues, if only in a different way. He did not seem bothered by the battle only the methods, Ran wished he could be so confident about things as even this black figure.

"I need time." Ran grumbled as he tried to find exactly what his body was wanting to do, it was all so conflicted when he was supposed to be as still as a reflecting pond. Something he shared with the other he supposed, but that meant that a moment would never be enough, he needed years. "I need years." he simply sighed.

He gripped the Gungan shield in one hand across his lap, it had something like teeth over the bottom. Supposedly to be set in place in the ground, but to him it bespoke of a toothy maw that could be brought down on some soft body from an appropriately sized shield for himself. In his other he had gone for what had been recommended for him. An LJ-50 was gripped tightly in his free hand.

For the People I care for, for Family.

He silently added to the code and tried with that to settle his knotting stomach and burning emotions. They seemed to begin to harden inside him, whether this was for the better or worse he did not know. All that he knew was, he didn't have time to find out without finding out.

Tag: @greyjedi125 @DarthElu

Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Just a player post for me at the moment. A GM update shall be forthcoming in a day or two!

Trysos Juhne IC:
    ~Harjan, Firrerre~

Battle of Firrerre

He marched off with a small detachment of the Varmiri Forces and Order at his back, heading into the madness of Harjan's evacuation. They had about ten minutes till the Imperial Battalion struck, judging by the vague senses tingling at the back of his mind through the White Current.

The vibroblade in his right hand was not too bad, but felt slightly off. The blaster pistol in his left? It felt downright wrong. Not that he had anything against the weapon, it had its uses and he had some past experience with them…it just wasn't his weapon. Neither of them, truth be told.

Another glance to see the soldiers and Shado Varmiri Forcefuls following after Guardian Sanan, and he could only wish to be of more aid to her. For now he had to face forward.

"Ready, Sharaz?"

The vornskr walking next to him let out a small bark, his own tension at the situation clearly felt through their bond. It was not a meld per se, but when such a connection between a Force Sensitive and a companion is made, over time a more subtle one became created naturally.

Even Non-Forcefuls developed it to a more limited extent. Truly the White Current, or Force, was a wondrous and perplexing thing.

If only they were allowed to use it in battle! As Potentate, he could argue those who gave the order. Indeed, he could even choose to forcefully overrule it. But he trusted them too much. Among those who urgently requested it, there were still a number that had belonged to the Baran Do originally. He owed them too much as it was for helping in the Shado Varmiri formation and their ability and insight was witnessed on countless occasions.

So he wasn't going to second guess them now of all times.

"Everyone remain calm!" he roared out, "Flee to the south in orderly lines! Hurry but not panic! We will protect you!"

Not all were going to less of course, but he had to do his best to try. As Potentate of the Shado Varmiri he may convince them with greater chance than most. This wasn't an official Varmiri town. It was one of the native Firrerreos that chose not to join them officially, though they were friendly and allied. They needed each other to survive and this day showed why clearly.

Still. He promised to protect all of Firrerre. And so he would do his best to protect even them, it wasn't like some amounts of Varmiri didn't live here either. Most towns had a mix by this point.

Pausing a moment, he glanced down a few streets of an intersection they had marched along toward. He pointed to the right with his vibroblade.

"Bravo Platoon! To the east! Evacuate and patrol!"

He pointed to the left with his blaster. "Charlie Platoon! To the west! Evacuate and secure any resources left behind!

Dropping both hands back to his sides, he looked behind him. "Delta Platoon! Stay here, aid in evacuation and setting up a defensive line. This is a central area in the town, when the enemy arrives, they will pass through here at some point!"

Marching forward again, he gave his final orders of the moment. "Alpha Platoon! Follow me to the north! We will be aiding in evacuation and patrolling, keep alert! We will likely meet the invaders first!"

His white cape billowed behind him as he walked briskly, contrastingly dark vornskr beside him. Trysos wasn't overly fond of the attached piece of cloth, but he knew it struck a visage needed in certain situations. This was one such. Symbology was a powerful thing that most overlooked.

"Mentor Shahassa!" he called suddenly as he felt her presence close by to him. As well as that of her recently chosen adherent. "Doing alright with that rifle?"

The codru-ji woman grumbled before responding more audibly, "It will have to do, Potentate!"

She glanced over at Tashi next to her who as quiet as stone, consumed by terror. Due to their proximity, she felt it over all the others'. With a grimace, she allowed one hand to rest on her new student's back.

"We can do this, Tashi," she reassured, "We will make it through this and then perhaps we will start thinking about a companion of your own."

It would be a little early for that, but if he survived this battle, he'd have earned it in her opinion. As for her own companion, as unique as it was, she had left her back at the Shado Temple. She hadn't intended to, in fact she'd much preferred she was there, but they thought they'd be out for only a little bit to do a quick errand this morning.

Then this all happened.

She and Tashi followed along after the Potentate, her eyes peeled all around them.

"Listen to the Potentate! Orderly lines, please!" she yelled. Right. Like that was going to happen, but if he was going to try, so would she.

Tag: Mikaboshi

Devith Treboh IC:
    ~Evlec Sea, Odessen~

Rebuilding on Odessen

He shivered in his simple robes of the Shado Varmiri, supplied to those who have not yet forged their armor. As an adherent, Devith had not too long ago begun working on it, but it was not yet in any wearable shape, so the robes remained.

And here, in the middle of the Evlec Sea, the cold of the wind and water got to him. It wasn't a tropical zone they happened to be situated in so that bite. Sighing, he looked up to see Mentor Yra Oruun ready herself to talk and he quieted along with everyone else.

"Here we are, Varmiri! The Evlec Sea as promised three days ago!"

Yep. Just as promised. Admittedly, the idea of some kind of mysterious sea voyage to prepare for had been exciting at the time. Now as he looked around, with no ships to even speak of? He wasn't so sure.

"This little expedition could be crucial in determining certain mysteries Odessen has to offer us, so let us keep alert! It is also invaluable in your training experiences so keep that in mind. As we all know, there is some kind of strong pull to this spot in the Force. I am sure you can all feel it even now as I do."

Devith nodded and glanced over to see his own Mentor, Reddnar doing the same with his massive arms folded. It was true. There was an unusually strong pull to this area. He wondered why.

She then briefly acknowledged it was the main reason for the Sage-trained group's presence before moving on.

"This terrain isn't exactly hospitable to many of us and our species, though some may be fine."

That was stating the obvious. She went on to mention exotic terrain training for the Avenger, assassin type group and hinted at something 'interesting' possibly being within the sea that may require their combat skills. His eyebrow mildly rose like some others.

That doesn't sound…reassuring.

"Marine biology is, as with all biology, integral to Shaper studies as well. So we thank you for your assistance as well and hope you find much to further your training here alongside the rest of us."

Yep. That was exactly the reason for his and his mentor's presence. Along with the other Shaper-trained individuals. Marine biology wasn't one he dabbled in often, so he professed himself curious.

"These two, if you don't know them, are Mentors Waoshei and Karna. Because of the aquatic surroundings, these two Atmokinetically trained Varmiri will assist in keeping us protected from the elements. They are our safety net, so if you find yourself in a natural predicament away from us…it is them you should search out with your eyes or in the Force. You have five minutes before we begin our trek beneath the waves!"

Atmokinetics! Of course, why hadn't he thought of that? So that was how they were going to get around. Though, there were still some issues in his mind…Eh. Might as well just watch and see what happens.

"Did you hear what she said, Devith?"

Turning to face the much larger dowutin man, he bowed slightly. "Yes, Mentor."

His master seemed to grin. A troubling sign in his opinion. "Study the fish and other creatures well. It will go a long way in your training, but make sure to keep up! Otherwise you'll be doing laps around the Bio-Research Building."

The resulting chuckle nearly filled him with dread. It was well known that Reddnar was…unusual…in the Shaper circles in the way he taught. Far more physical than one would expect. While he was no fighter, it wouldn't be a surprise if his stamina and endurance matched up with a phalanx or something! Especially with his mentor.

Devith well noted the looks of pity some of the other Varmiri Mentors had given him when he was picked by the dowutin. It didn't take long to learn why.

"I'll," he took a breath, "Make sure I keep up, Mentor. Do you have any advice?"

"Some things bite and some things don't. Watch the ones that do."

……Mentor Reddnar was in a playful mood today. Force help him.

For now, he'd just wait till it was time to proceed. Is there a way I can get ahead of my master and leave him behind for a time?

A mental pause before dismay was felt. Probably not.

Tag: No One

Battle of Firrerre

~Base of Udarir Mountain, Firrerre~

The morning had started nice enough. Then it turned to Hell very quickly! Here at the base of Udarir Mountain, they were pinned down by the Galactic Empire. There was no way they were going to be able to reach Shado Temple now. But what could they do!?

Doomed. They were doomed!

This was flying around in his mind along with the few others that had hunkered down behind a large boulder, but then suddenly a huge dowutin man arrived as well, taking the natural cover.

A few more shots hit the rock while others were being mowed down, Devith could feel their lives winking out and it was the most frightening experience he had ever felt. These weren't animals they had learned and experimented on in minor ways. He had felt the passing of some when studying the processes of death (so far all naturally begun, not by their hands)…but not sentient beings like themselves! And in such numbers!

After the blaster fire went after targets elsewhere for just a moment, the dowutin roared over the chaos.

"Are you all right?"

Knowing the fear showed plainly on his face, he could only nod. The man frowned.

"Now, get your panic under control. There is always a way out even if it doesn't look like it!"

What the kriff was he saying!? Thankfully, a couple of others with them spoke in reply so he didn't have to.

"H-How!?"

"I don't see any way out!"

The Mentor didn't seem unperturbed. "Just wait and see! For now we have to wait for the right opportunity! Then take it with no hesitation!"

Devith could only blink before he was suddenly pointed at.

"Understand?"

Nodding again, he meekly offered a: "Y-Yes, Mentor, sir."

But seriously….how the kriff were they getting out of this? He could only wonder as the Mentor cautiously peeked his head around the corner of the boulder, only to have him duck behind it again while blaster fire nearly shot by.

"Don't worry," he roared again, "It won't be long before an opening presents itself! Patience!"

Having no choice, the lorrdian man could only do just that. Be patient for an opening that may never come.

Tag: No One

greyjedi125 and Dioskouros like this.
  23. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Veira Rynn

It was such a gorgeous day outside… Veira looked off dreamily, wishing she could be relaxing and sunbathing. A nice tan couldn't hurt right now. But she had other matters at hand to focus on. She was pretty easy going and generally preferred to kick back when she was able to, but this was important, she reminded herself. Krazh, the Celestial Prime, had called together a group to discuss tactics and other details, she assumed. Being an Ace herself, she definitely needed to be here and alert in this meeting… as much as the day beckoned her out to freedom. At least before her mentor caught a hold of her again.

She was sitting on a silver lockbox of assorted items, her chin resting in her palm as she looked about to see who had been assembled. She knew some, but mostly not by name. Although she did recognize a fellow Shado Varmiri member, Amir. His gaze caught hers at that moment and he offered a cordial nod in greeting. She inclined her head faintly. She didn't have much interaction with him, but hey, they were all practically family, right? Her being the most beautiful of the family, of course.

Krazh then began the meeting, "I have called this meeting today to have you look above you. Go ahead. Look! The Stargazer. You see it often enough, you know what it stands for. The memory it represents should be poignant enough for you. Two years ago it took up the desperate escape that has defined us ever since. Today? No more than a hangar, a grounded bird due to the damage she received."

Veira looked to where he motioned to. How could she forget. Two years seemed like so long, yet not that far in the past. It was hard to forget that day. The terror and the bloodshed. They had no warning, it was a terrible fate. But, they were here still and ready to move forward. Krazh then continued on, explaining how he wished this assembly to have a group discussion to encourage strength and growth within the faction. "That's right. There is also a particular topic I wanted to go over. Our starfighters are a mish-mash of whatever we've gathered. This will continue to be accepted, naturally, but it is high time we started to have a common identity. We need ideas of particular fighters, bombers, and the like to make uniform among us through discreet purchases until we have the capacity to actually manufacture our own. I want models, I want color schemes, I want your ideas. What type of starcraft feels like one of us? Then we'll hit the simulators and training, where I'll want every bit of physical effort from you to match your mental thinking. So. Who's first with ideas? Don't be shy."

She smiled and was about to stand when a certain someone quickly took the stage. “For a starcraft… I suggest a highly modified Z-95 Headhunter. It is efficient, battle worthy and quite customizable.”

She couldn't help but feel a little shot down, that was her choice of ship too...

“And for colors, I suggest ‘Copper’ and ‘Black’ in equal parts. Copper to represent our earthiness, grounded natures, the blood in our veins and our durasteel tenacity. Black is the color of the ocean which we all navigate, space being the byway of our intersecting destinies. Add yellow stripes, which represent the rays of light and hope that guide is in our darkest hour. Thank you."

When Veira was sure he was finished, she got to her feet and flipped her brown hair over her shoulder. "Well, I guess I would have to agree with my friend here…" She spoke and quirked a brow of interest toward Amir. "Although modifications can always give us a head start with out-running, out-gunning, you name it. We don't have that great of a force, but we can make up for it with better gear and equipment on our ships. I disagree with his color choice though. Copper and yellow? I say gold! Because gold is so much a nicer color than copper or yellow, also, I think of it as a stronger color to show our determination. That's what's keeping us alive and ready for more. And well," she sighed slightly, "If we can't get gold, then maybe red? Strength is born from fire and we want everyone to know we're strong, right? Both wouldn't be so bad. Black with gold and red markings!" She was getting carried away then. "Well, that's my idea anyway," She smiled and shrugged her shoulders before taking her spot again.

Tag: Darth_Elu and greyjedi125

Two Years Prior

That fateful day had began just like any other. Veira woke up with the sun, as she always did and never before. She really hated not being able to see in the dark. Even still with the Force to guide her, it still terrified her a bit. Breakfast and training were on the schedule, just like most days. Greengarde was the city and it was the usual, although vastly different from any city on Hapes. People seemed far more careful about certain things here and beauty was nice but nothing to kill over. Still, it was a rough transition for the Hapan woman. But thoughts of her past quickly were shut out as weird sounds caught her attention. Rumbling far off in the distance that slowly grew louder, and before she was aware, countless aircrafts that were not their own zoomed overhead.

BOOM!

Screams of panic and confusion flooded senses. The people who had once been going on about their daily lives were now scattering and running for cover or grabbing onto loved ones. More blasts hit the city and Veira ducked under whatever she could find to shield her from falling debris. She could barely tell what was going on outside of the panic. Someone was attacking them, but who?! It was so hard to concentrate on the Force with the screaming and crying surrounding her. She gulped and clutched onto her shield until she could re-orientate herself and get an idea what to do. What was she supposed to do?

The Forward Prime was quick to action though, "ORDERLY LINES PLEASE! WE WILL GET YOU TO SAFETY! HURRY BUT DO NOT PANIC! THE VARMIRI SHALL SHOW THE WAY!"

I guess that's me, but where…?"
    She gasped out as another blast hit, shaking the foundation of Greengarde and all of its buildings. The military base! There was one not far from the city. I bet that's where they want everyone!

"REMEMBER TO STAY CALM! WE WILL PROTECT YOU FROM THE EMPIRE! JUST MAKE HASTE TO THE MILITARY BASE!"
    The Forward Prime then announced once more, in a strained voice, confirming Veira's thoughts.

She was about to stand to help others around her when she noticed a Kel Dor motion to her. Az'aln, was his name, if she remembered right. He was also apart of the Shado Varmiri, although she thought he was of mentor status. She couldn't really remember, especially at a time like this, but he was calling for her and she needed to go. She waited just a moment longer, trying to judge when it would be safe to run to him. She waited for a group of fighters to take their round over the city and darted past the crumbling buildings and very unfortunate people who did not survive the attack.

"What do we do? How do we get these people to the base?" She called out as she reached Az'aln.

greyjedi125, Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Only have time for the Present Timeline currently. Battle of Firrerre update coming soon. :)

5 ABY

~'The Stargazer' Hall, Odessen~

Prime Krazh quietly scanned the assembled group of Shado Varmiri, to see a quick armored hand rise first before some others. The t'surr turned to face them and his red eyes took in the figure of Amir T'ekoah. More a warrior than pilot, but a Varmiri nevertheless. The Wielder's opinion would be well regarded.

"Speak," he said calmly with a nod toward the Korun man.

"For a starcraft…I suggest a highly modified Z-95 Headhunter. It is efficient, battle worthy and quite customizable."

One of his hands raised up under his chin in thought, while the other three remained folded before him. A headhunter, hm? He was familiar with the Z-95, yes.

"And for colors, I suggest 'Copper' and 'Black' in equal parts. Copper to represent our earthiness, grounded natures, the blood in our veins and our durasteel tenacity. Black is the color of the ocean which we all navigate, space being the byway of our intersecting destinies. Add yellow stripes, which represent the rays of light and hope that guide us in our darkest hour. Thank you."

Interesting idea. Before anything further could be commented on however, a beautiful human brunette stood up. Hapan, he mental corrected himself. Hapan. You could tell easily now that he really looked at her, the Celestial Prime turning to face her sudden foray into the conversation.

"Well, I guess I would have to agree with my friend here…"

There were some agreeable murmurs to this that quieted when she continued over them.

"Although modifications can always give us a head start with out-running, out-gunning, you name it. We don't have that great of a force, but we can make up for it with better gear and equipment on our ships."

Krazh nodded silently, allowing the woman to go on.

"I disagree with his color choice though. Copper and yellow? I say gold! Because gold is so much a nice color than copper or yellow, also, I think of it a stronger color to show our determination. That's what's keeping us alive and ready for more. And well, if we can't get gold, then maybe red? Strength is born from fire and we want everyone to know we're strong, right? Both wouldn't be so bad. Black with gold and red markings! Well, that's my idea anyway."

Some more murmurs arose, fans of both sides appearing, and the Celestial Prime held up a hand after a moment to get their attentions back. "It seems we have some waxing poets in our midst."

There were a few chuckles, but he didn't let them linger long. It was meant playfully, not a tease. "But those are good ideas. Colors mean a lot to pilots," he nodded to Amir, "As well as others. First off, does anyone have any other ideas regarding starfighters?"

There were no immediate ideas floated about with any real conviction. He nodded. "Then consider that settled. Z-95 Headhunters it is! We'll decide on more later. As for colors…It seems gold is getting some attention. Affection for our firrerreo friends and our own Potentate, hm?"

A small single laugh. "Though Black is the only color both of you suggested. So black will be in there for sure! Since you two seem to be the main opinions in this room," the others looked away abashed for a moment, "Amir, I believe it is? Are you amenable to gold or are you staunch with yellow? Veira, is red so important to you? We'll come back to copper shortly."

He wasn't challenging either, his words rather calm and simple. It was intended as a way to build a bridge, a compromise that both could agree upon.

It was time to see where the two individual's differing wavelengths would meet. Best to get it over with soon…

…conversation was never Krazh's strong suit anyway.

Tag: greyjedi125 spacelady

Shahassa nodded curtly at Tazula as she responded positively.

"Of course, mentor. I will do my best!"

This was good to see, Mentor Votrek had a fine pupil from what the codru-ji woman could glean of her. If only the master was as diligent as the apprentice…

As for her own. She side-glanced at Tashi. The boy's attention righted immediately as he had begun to probably 'drift off' mentally most likely. She could tell by the subtle changes in his body that his alertness was raised appropriately. But he had a little habit of forgetting to audibly relay his understanding sometimes.

She sighed. Boys. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Despite this, she had grown attached to him. As a Mentor almost always did with their Adherent. It was just the natural way of things.

Shahassa knew full well that Tashi hated security patrols and thought little of their use, but one day he would learn. Two years ago was a wake up call, but it was oh so easy to slip back into the comfortable doldrums of routine. Of expecting a day to be like any other day, with only minute (and hopefully pleasant) differences to showcase one from any other.

Mizu chirped near his feet, the lumer all too happy to remain close to his master. Another natural way of things. Tashi calmly then pulled out a snack bar and broke it into thirds for the two of them and then offered the young twi'lek woman the last piece, initiating a small conversation between the two students.

The codru-ji playfully used one of her arms to lightly bop the Kro Vari on the head. "Not even going to offer your own Mentor a piece? Sometimes I wonder…"

She held up a hand to forestall him with a smile. "Not that I do, however."

Suddenly a sensation lightly smacked the underside of her lower right arm and she glanced down knowingly. There was a male bloodfin on its four cloven-shaped hooves, an odd amphibian like fish creature that she at times used like a mount. Dark red, with a scarlet crest above its head, they were well known for their voracious carnivorous appetites and disobedience. Though he had been trained more properly. She made sure of that.

"Yes, yes. I know you're hungry, Xerete. You're always hungry." Reaching to her own small pack, she pulled out some bits of meat and tossed them over. The bloodfin caught them in mid air greedily.

"I wonder what size teams we're going to be put in?"

The question was voiced softly and probably meant mainly between the adherents. But she couldn't help but reply regardless.

"Well, Tazula, I'd imagine they won't be large groups. Perhaps two or three teacher-student pairs at most."

Tag: Ktala Mikaboshi

~Salis D'aar, Bakura~

Az'aln could well feel Lylithe's annoyance at the way he stayed fairly close. A common occurrence in older students, but it was something that one learned to bear and understand over time.

He attempted to not appear too overbearing as there was no need to be hovering like an actual parent, but there were reasons for everything. Those that were easy to see and others not quite as much.

Upon asking his question to his student, he could feel it again. A minor frustration. This one had always liked a more streamlined approach, rather than 'vague' teachings. Oh, how she would one day learn. When that day came, he would smile. For now…he also smiled.

It was slightly forced and not discernible (the joys of the Kel Dor breathing mask!), but the travails of a teacher were just as real as the pupil's!

"I assume we are required in these numbers as there is a risk."

Always the negative one, though she wasn't necessarily wrong. Dangers were always present and they came in many forms, this was a fact. He allowed her to continue.

"But I am happy to be wrong. What do you think we are all here for?"

Nodding the Kel Dor man looked over to Valieri, whom the question was directed at as much as himself. He would let the Wielder reply before answering himself, it was the way it should be.

Tag: Sinrebirth HanSolo29

"I know the Truth of the Force."

Pazas nodded. Elda was correct and that simple gesture would indicate as such. She remained focused as always and it was good to see. Her passion was evident, for those who truly saw, in her words as much as in the way she held herself. In her own 'art'. That of the shadows.

She would be a fun one to watch learn and rise through the ranks of the Shado Varmiri he decided.

As no one asked any questions after he and Dhemulrih had gone over the exercise, the two siblings exchanged a look and a nod of their own.

"Begin," they stated in unison.

And so they did. Upon breaking into groups, many Dervishes opted for stealth to surprise their battle-driven opponents. This played to their strengths. There were those who opted simply to charge, probably hoping to surprise their opponents with the bold move. These were those who were either cunning or foolish. Building upon their weakness'…or falling prey to them.

Then there was Elda.

She saluted the Ravagers before her. The two immediately before her (a human man of mid height but broad shoulders and a rodian woman of lithe build yet intense eyes) saluted back and settled into a decent defensive positioning.

"Good luck," called out one her fellow 'shadowfighters' as they seemingly 'disappeared' from most's eyes, opting to use their stealth to break in. Two ravagers and two other dervishes on the opposite side of their circle were already engaged in heated combat in current stalemate.

She opted for the unusual calm stroll.

"What is this?" asked the rodian incredulously.

"Smells like trickery. Careful," warned the man next to her.

The first move was always the most important. And the 'defenders' really wanted to charge her due to instinct, but held themselves back. For now.

It would seem Vertumnus was as eager to prove himself and show his already high level aptitude and skill as usual. With a quick request and prompt vanishing act, both technologically as well as in the Force, Seeker Cen chuckled softly and inclined his head.

"Permission granted," he stated simply, "Though be mindful of the droids. They could set off anxiety in any natives we run into."

The miraluka turned to face the group now beginning to move forward again. "If we run into any at all."

Quietly he walked along after the others, offering to a few nearby to assist in carrying equipment which was accepted with relief. The whole time his senses stretched out around him to keep an eye on his talented student. For there were many ways to listen when one knew the steps. It also helped that he was starting to get used to certain quirks of Vertumnus' that he had begun to perceive, which caused a slight upward curve at the corner of his lips.

This path of master and student was not one he would miss for anything. It was his calling. His passion. His true self.

As they progressed further into the jungles, the vegetation began to grow dense and humid once more, the sounds of wild life ever present. They themselves must be making a ruckus by comparison and it was only a matter of time they attracted attention. Now would said attention do anything to such a large group? Now that was unlikely. But unlikely was not 'no.'

While the shi'ido in human form crept skillfully throughout Rethgarion a distance from the main group, he would see a number of things around. Any number of them could be dangerous or not at all. If any were to strike him as potentially so, it was up to him to investigate or alert the others.

A number of dark purple flowers, almost as if they were closed up to hide from the sun, flanked the group on both sides. They seemed strange, yet not at all. Could be something, might be nothing.

There was a black feline creature stalking high above on some of the tree limbs, merely watching as well. The probe droids also were alerted to its presence, though did not attack until commanded. It may not even be necessary. Or perhaps a pre-emptive strike was needed?

An odd yellow-green moss was underfoot, he now noticed, and he seemed to hold their footprints longer than usual. An unusual and gentle 'ripple' of the footprints occurred after a time and seemingly reset the moss to the way it was then. It, like the flowers also viewed, appeared strange to some degree. Though the likelihood of it being anything worthy of concern was low.

Any one of these he could choose to do something about in any manner. Proactive, further scrutinization, or inquiry. Or nothing at all and wait to see if anything came of them or not.

To be patient in defense was to be safe yet possibly indecisive at a crossroads of a flowing river. To be active in offense was tactical yet one sometimes met their destiny on the road to avoid it.

The Force watched.

~Gon-Ba Forest, Odessen~

Yoree'na listened as her yuzzem adherent replied in a grumble to her previous question as they waited to enter the forest before them.

"Yes, Yoree'na. Centering for battle I know, centering for meeting a beast I know, yet this still stirs something that disturbs it. I feel like I dance about the balance I seek whenever I look into its depths. Any better words than the code have you? I think I have nearly worn them thin."

The twi'lek smiled knowingly at him before gazing ahead again, a thoughtful expression present.

Hurra mewed softly, to which she patted him again.

"Go in as you are, Ran. Do not presume, do not expect. Empty yourself and take in the forest as if you are a cup and it is the water."

His mentor wasn't typically the profound type, so this was something odd to hear coming from the woman. That, in and of itself, was potentially unsettling.

Up ahead, Ataya finally moved ahead and gestured to all for their attention. She then spoke before the yuzzem could reply to his teacher.

"It is time we proceeded into Gon-Ba Forest! We will do so in pairs. Mentor and Adherent. When you approach its edge, do not be surprised if instinct calls upon you to act in any certain way. It is up to you as individuals whether to obey or resist the Forest's call. It may be manipulation. Or it may be aid."

The Dathomiri woman suddenly levitated a few feet off the air and motioned toward the dark greenery behind her. "This training's objective is simple. In the center of the Forest is a small collection of flags, one for each pair. Simply retrieve it and return. If you think that sounds deceptively easy…

"Brave Gon-Ba and find out."

They were swiftly gathered up into a line of pairs and at integers of a minute, allowed into the forest. Ran and Yoree'na were in the middle. Some walked into the Forest. Others ran. Only one duo walked a few steps in and then began to climb further onward, much like the yuzzem had felt like doing a moment ago. Two pairs actually began to attempt a circumventing of the forest to some point the main group lost track of.

Soon enough it was their turn.

Mentor Na stared straight ahead, letting her pupil's instincts guide them initially and gave her final bit of advice at the start. "Above all else, Ran. Remember this. You are not alone."

She looked at him solemnly….

…then came that damnable grin. "Or you could go it alone if you really wanted to. I could use some entertainment."

There was the usual Mentor Na that he knew. At least she wasn't going to act uncharacteristically the whole time.

Mentor Ataya approached by a single step, having lowered back down from levitation.

"Whenever you are ready, Yoree'na. Randalpho."

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

~Evlec Sea, Odessen~

"Time for readiness is over!" called Mentor Oruun.

The Kel Dor motioned toward the a spot in the middle of everyone, getting their attention to focus on it. A circle of steel gray amidst the light brown of the rest of the platform.

"Everyone gather in that large circle, it is time we braved the sea."

Slowly, timidly or curiously, they all did so. Packed into a nice bunch at the center of the floating 'vessel,' the woman now nodded to the Atmokinetic pair.

"Mentors Waoshei. Karna. Take us down!"

A button was pressed somewhere and all of a sudden they found their circle detach from the rest of the platform as it spread out a bit. It was like they were on a tiny, fairly cramped, metal island as a ring of water separated them from the platform around that. A few murmurs arose.

And then the Varmiri masters went to work.

The water underneath seemed to give way and pool around to form walls on all sides of them and an apparent repulsorlift technology also initiated, lowering their smaller platform down, down, down….

The azure walls surrounding them in mesmerizing fashion and above the water curved to form a gentle, sloping ceiling. It lowered with them so the sea could return to normal as they progressed, yet kept to a good five feet above their own heads. Only a few drops fell upon them every few minutes. The two masters eyes were closed in deep concentration, their hands moving in intricate patterns as they did.

As they went further and further, like some kind of bizarre, aquatic elevator; they saw signs of life around them. Fish and other sea creatures swimming around the borders of their Force-made wall. Some swam away as quickly as they came to it, others lingered curious. A few even followed them down a ways before getting bored and leaving.

A true spectacle of Force Mastery on the way to a great mystery of that same Force. Truly it was the energy of the universe. And life.

Dioskouros, greyjedi125 and spacelady like this.
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Amir T’ekoah
    The Stargazer’s Hall, Odessen. 5 ABY

“I see what you did there.” Amir confessed, turning to the Hapan woman.

He felt buoyed by the discussion, which was a feeling he mostly got when groups were in harmony and agreement. It was a refreshing sensation which would lift his often brooding demeanor. Others were joining in the discussion in a goodnatured manner, even if indirectly. This was good.

Though he was looking at Veira, he was also addressing the Celestial Prime. Indeed, Black was the only color they agreed on outwardly, but there was much more than that.

“Gold is simply yellow with a metallic nature, which is more than acceptable to me, since Red is basically Copper without a metallic component. Our durasteel tenacity is still represented either way, and the core meaning of who we are still resonates in the colors chosen by our very own Ace.”

Amir smiled at Veira, then gave her a playful wink before turning to face the T’surr Prime.

“I’d be pleased with whatever colors are chosen and agreed upon, even if the colors were completely different in the end. What matters to me is that we as Varmiri, come to an agreement as a family. That is more important to me than the colors themselves.”

Amir gave a curt nod to the Prime, then looked around and nodded to any who might be looking in his direction. As he folded his armored arms before him, he lifted a finger as if remembering something.

“Oh, yeah. But definitely no lime green. We’d be easy targets.” He joked.

Sitting next to him, Oryx gave a playful and happy bark at his korun companion.

Tag: spacelady, Darth_Elu

spacelady, Darth_Elu and Dioskouros like this.