Saga The Shadow of Vader - A ROTS AU - The Fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi UPDATED 3/14/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Vastor, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Katana Jedi Knight

star 1
    SO KRIFFING GOOD!!! I love how you tie in the movie. It makes the whole story seem so much more plasuable and less like a complete AU. And the hint of Obi-Wan's inner darkness was just perfect. I can't wait for more. Keep up the good work.
  2. sethsky Jedi Knight

star 1
    great chapter, i like how you're slowy making it clear the ways trough that obi-wan is going to fall.
    His love for anakin, the never changing jedi's, his friends dying, exellent work.

can't wait for the next chapter!

see ya
  3. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek: :eek:

Wow... awesome job, Vastor! There are so many great points within this one post I can only name a few!

4. Mace's noticing of the little boy desperately trying to free his buried parents while the Senators complained how the war is bad for business. That was an excellent showing of just how corrupt and cruel the Republic had become. I couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed when I read those few lines. :( :(

5. Anakin and Padmé's reunion was so sweet! And Anakin's great faith in his master was wonderful! Given what is to come, this is probably going to become extremely angsty!

6. Obi-Wan's descent has begun! I was amazed! And to some extent, I think his anger and exasperation with the Council is justified. Most of them are so determined to find fault with everything Anakin does that they do not even see Obi-Wan's growing darkness. I rather think that, when Obi-Wan falls, it is going to blow everyone away even more than Anakin's fall did in RotS. They were almost expecting it to happen with Anakin, but in this, they do not even see it with Obi-Wan. This is going to be messy! Excellent job!

7. Of course, that last point about Obi-Wan's eventual fall makes me even more curious as to Sabé's role in everything. Will she find herself in the a similar position that Padmé was in in RotS? Her love, blinded by the Dark Side, lashes out at her blindly and unintentionally causes her death while Anakin, Padmé, Yoda, and Bail Organa look on helplessly. Will there perhaps even be a child involved? One destined to bring Obi-Wan back while Anakin fulfills his destiny to bring about balance to the Force by destroying the Sith? If that child brings Obi-Wan back, then the only Sith left is Palpster, after all.

Again, outstanding post! This story just gets better and better with every new part added! :) :D [face_dancing] =D= [face_whistling]

AQ
  8. sdhfs Force Ghost

star 4

completly amazing posts, please pm me when you update.
  9. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    *ups in the hope that more will come in and read such an excellent story*

:)

AQ
  10. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    Lord_Moordenaar: It has begun indeed, but you'll have to stick with me for a few posts, because it won't happen right away.

AP4EVER: Welcome. I'm glad you like it so far!

Jedi_Katana: That hint of darkness is going to grow in the next few posts. "Kriffing
    " is a really cool word by the way :cool:

sethsky: All those things and more will contribute to his fall. Thanks for reading, again!

AngelQueen: You humble me with your praise of this story, and I am thrilled that you are enjoying it so much! Hopefully you will like the next few posts just as much.

sdhfs: Thank you! I'll make sure and PM you when I update.

11. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    Chapter 5

Far out in the Outer Rim, a small planet hung in space. The planet had many moons, and its surface was dry and arid. The visible landmasses were pockmarked with enormous sinkholes, the largest of which were kilometers across. A basic sensor sweep revealed nothing but a few large predators and an advanced one could pick up only faint traces of technology. Certainly no natural resources of hidden military bases of any kind. There appeared to be absolutely no reason why anyone would want to occupy it.

Yet the small system of Utapau had become one of the most important systems in the Confederacy.

Thousands of kilometers out, a small Nemoidian shuttle reverted from hyperspace and made for the planet?s surface. It angled toward one of the largest sinkholes. As the ship descended into the enormous pit, a city became visible. Dwellings were built into the walls and connected by an intricate system of bridges and platforms. Enormous flying lizards carried their passangers fro one part of the city to another.

The shuttle landed on a large platform on the tenth level of the city, where a large delegation waited. Members of it included Viceroy Nute Gunray of the Trade Federation; Shu Mai, head of the Commerce Guild; Wat Tambor of the Techno Union; Geonosian Poggle the Lesser; and Separatist Senators Po Ando, Toonebuck Toora, and Tikkes.

The shuttle landed, and General Grievous disembarked. Viceroy Gunray stepped forward. ?General Grievous. To what do we owe the pleasure??

Grievous snarled inwardly. He was supposed to contact Lord Sidious immediately upon arrival. He didn?t have time to waste talking to this fool.

?I am in a hurry, Viceroy. We will talk later.?

?Ah,? Gunray smiled unpleasantly. ?Yes, we will talk about your failure at Coruscant. You told us that you were going to bring the Supreme Chancellor back here in chains.?

?I did,? Grievous said menacingly, ?But the circumstances were not favorable. Perhaps you would care to take his place??

A look of fear appeared on Gunray?s face. ?Forgive me.?

Grievous threw out an arm, knocking Gunray out of his way and stepping over him. ?Apology accepted, Viceroy.? Grievous stormed into a secure chamber, Gunray glaring daggers at his back.

Grievous made his way over to the control console, the door sliding shut behind him. He twisted the frequency dial then pressed the button. Darth Sidious appeared, wearing his customary black cloak that shrouded his features. Grievous stooped in a bow. ?Yes, Lord Sidious??

?General Grievous,? Sidious said without preamble. ?I suggest you move the Separatist leaders to Mustafar.?

Grievous nodded. Mustafar. A security hideout had been constructed on the lava-mining world recently. Lord Sidious had been adamant that the construction be completed as soon as possible. With all the security measures in place around it, plus the facility?s remote location, it should be impossible to find ? unless someone was tipped off about its existence. ?It will be done, my lord.?

Sidious?s lip curled and his voice lowered in tone. ?The end of the war is near, General.?

If by the end of the war you mean our utter annihilation, Grievous thought, then yes. The Republic?s titanic manufacturing base continued to pump out ships and the Kamino facility continued to turn out clones. Almost all of the major Separatist manufacturing plants had been destroyed, and the disastrous assault on Coruscant had cost them many of their remaining vessels and droids. Not to mention that their leader and founder, Lord Sidious?s own apprentice, had been beheaded on his own flagship. But something told him that it would be unwise to voice all these concerns to the Dark Lord, so he settled on just the last one. ?But the loss of Count Dooku??

Sidious?s voice took on an even more unpleasant tone. ?His death was a necessary loss, one that will result in our ultimate victory. However, my efforts to procure his successor have taken a ? step back, if you will. I will need to take another approach. I will need your aid in t
  12. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    A dark, cloaked figure was standing over Padmé?s body. Power and malice swirled around it. The presence had a familiar feel to it, but it was twisted, and Anakin could not perceive it clearly. It laughed again, and ignited a blue lightsaber, swinging it toward Padmé?s inert body?

:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh no... he wouldn't... Obi-Wan wouldn't kill Padmé... would he? Could Anakin be misinterpreting the dream? Could it actually be Sabé with Obi-Wan going dark and lashing out at her? And if it really is Padmé, what could happen that would make Obi-Wan hate Anakin so much that he would go after his wife? *bites nails nervously*

Great post, Vastor! Very cool! And more Obi-Wan to come? *cheers* Can't wait!

AQ
  13. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
  14. AP4EVER Jedi Master

star 4
    She was only wearing a simple nightgown, and no makeup, but she outshone the lights of Coruscant behind her and the stars overhead. Anakin had to consciously remember to breathe.

...he could face a thousand battle droids and Sith Lord and remain in absolute control of himself, yet one look from this woman and he would get weak at the knees and his heart would race.

:_| :D Sweet Lord, when it comes to those two, I am such a sap!

So, Anakin is still having visions of Padme's death? I pray that it won't come about! [face_praying]

Great post! Can't wait to read what happens next! :D
  15. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    Hello everyone! Before you read this next post, I want to offer my condolences to any who were affected in any way by the terrorist attacks in London. It was a cruel and mindless waste of life. My thoughts are with you and the victims.

And now, here's an update.
    Chapter 6

Obi-Wan strolled through the Jedi Temple, looking for Anakin. He was not having success, and was getting quite frustrated. No one seemed to have seen him all day. They were scheduled to meet with about a dozen other Jedi for a report on the Outer Rim sieges, and Anakin, in typical Anakin fashion, was making things difficult. He seemed to have vanished.

He had checked the sparring room, which was Anakin?s favorite place in the temple, but found nothing. Then he had checked the Archives, the Room of a Thousand Fountains, the mess hall, and even the meditation chambers, though he hadn?t really expected to find Anakin there. He had almost gone to Master Yoda, but had been told that Yoda was in a private conference with a Knight, and Obi-Wan did not want to disturb him.

Normally, he could locate Anakin instantly through their bond, but Anakin was shielding himself. This meant that he had something serious on his mind, or that he didn?t want to be found. Or both, Obi-Wan thought.

Apparently, Anakin wasn?t in the temple. But where would he go? Possibly he had gone to see Chancellor Palpatine, who always kept his door open for Anakin. Obi-Wan had almost decided to pay a visit to the Senate Office Building and follow up on his hunch when an even better idea occurred to him. Waving down an airtaxi, he told the driver to head for Five Hundred Replica.

As the driver weaved through various lanes of traffic, blaring his horn rudely, Obi-Wan wondered why he hadn?t thought of this first. Anakin always took every opportunity to visit Senator Amidala when on Coruscant.

Though the two made every effort to hide it, Obi-Wan knew that Anakin and Padmé were in love. Their charade could fool almost anyone, but not him. He knew them both too well. The way they looked at each other when they thought he wasn?t looking, the sheer joy he could feel radiating off of both of them whenever they were together. Though the Jedi Code forbade attachment, Obi-Wan could not bring himself to tear them apart. As long as they had enough sense to keep it unconditional ?

The taxi arrived at Five Hundred Replica. Obi-Wan paid the driver, then took the elevator up to the top floor. There was no one in the hallway, which was not a good sign. If Padmé were here, Typho or one of his men would be on guard. Still, since he had come all this way, it couldn?t hurt to knock. Anakin and Padmé might just have wanted some privacy.

He rapped on the door, and to his surprise, someone answered. She was wearing a handmaiden cloak, but Obi-Wan recognized her instantly. He had known her since the Naboo Blockade crisis.

?Greetings, Master Jedi,? the handmaiden said in a soft Naboo accent, so like Padmé?s. ?Is there something I can do for you??

Obi-Wan realized that he was still wearing his hood. He quickly removed it and gave the handmaiden a broad smile. ?Yes, there is something you can do for me, Sabé. Please call me Obi-Wan, Master Jedi is too formal.?

Sabé pulled down her own hood, allowing her long chestnut brown hair to fall loose. Her mouth opened in surprise, then quickly became a huge grin. The next thing Obi-Wan knew, he was crushed in a hug.

?Obi-Wan!? Sabé sounded ridiculously happy to see him. ?How are you? It?s been three years!?

Obi-Wan thought he heard his ribs crack. ?Sabé,? he rasped out, ?Let me go.?

She let go of him, an embarrassed look on her face. ?Sorry.?

?Don?t apologize,? he gasped, rubbing his ribs. ?I needed that.?

He blinked, not believing what had just come out of his mouth. He shouldn?t have said that. It was too suggestive, and could be taken the wrong way by Sabé.

Sabé laughed, a musical sound that filled the room. ?Padmé keeps telling me that I need to tone my hug
  16. AP4EVER Jedi Master

star 4
    Like master, like apprentice? But in reverse? It seems that Obi-Wan is growing more 'attached' to Sabe. This has potential. [face_love]

And it seems that although Palpy hasn't given up on making the Chosen One as his apprentice, he's finding it a lot harder to get Anakin to believe him. Which is good! Reject Palpy, Accept Padme!

Another great post, and I'm still one happy reader! Can't wait to read more! :D
  17. Ani-maniac Force Ghost

star 4
    Evil Obi is such a wonderful thing... I can't wait!:D I really like the small hints you give about Obi-Wan being the danger the order faces. Please PM me and let me know when you update.:)

Ani-maniac
  18. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    Sabé! :) My favorite of all the handmaidens has appeared! *cheers* And Obi-Wan is becoming... attached! [face_mischief]

Great post, Vastor! I loved how Anakin is beginning to see some of the discrepencies in Palpatine! He knows something is not right... good for him! I'm just wondering how he will react to being allowed on the Council, but not being made a Master. Here's hoping he doesn't make a fool out of himself by whining about it being an outrage. Perhaps... [face_praying]

Again, great job! :) Can't wait for more! :D

AQ
  19. CherryLightsaber Force Ghost

star 4
    Heheh. You've just de-lurked me. Anyways, as an Obi-hater, not lover, I can't wait to see how he turns dark. Keep up the awesome job!
  20. Crazydan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm enjoying the story so far. But sadly, I'm going on a vacation. Can I get a pm when the story get updates please?
  21. jpauln Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm really enjoying your story! I can't wait to see Obi slip further into darkness [face_devil]
  22. sethsky Jedi Knight

star 1
    great chapter, love the subtle changes.

keep up the great work

see ya
  23. Jedi_Katana Jedi Knight

star 1
    Chapter Five (I think): So good. Just a hint of the Obi darkness. Very foreshadowing and foreboding. Nice.

Chapter Six: I love how you integrate canon so well, but are just twisting things slightly. It makes it so much more real. And I think I've said that before, but I'm saying it again. And since you like the word, SO KRIFFING GOOD! ;)
  24. shahid_chestro Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    very good. specially liked Anakin's vision. plz update more often.
  25. sdhfs Force Ghost

star 4

great story, i love the way this is going
  26. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    AngelQueen: Yes, Sabe has appeared. *pumps fist* Unfortunately, the vision is clear, and though things won't turn out exactly as Anakin has forseen, a confrantation will take place. Oops, I've said too much. ;) Thank you again for your wonderful praise!

AP4EVER: I'm a big fan of those two myself. I wouldn't do anything that hurt either of them too badly, but then again, for the sake of the story, I might ...

Ani-maniac: Those small hints are going to get bigger. I'll get you a PM.

CherryLightaber: An Obi-hater, huh? We don't see a lot of those. Well if you really want to hate Obi-Wan, he's going to become a pretty despicable character later in the story, so hate away. As for the rest of us, I hope we can forgive him.

Crazydan: Have fun on vacation. I'll get you a PM.

jpauln: Thanks for reading!

sethsky: Subtlety is my specialty ... just kidding.

Jedi_Katana: I think using the canon makes the story more belivable, plus it saves me from having to create new scenes at the beggining of the story. You used kriffing again! Yes!

shahid_chestro: I'll update as often as I can, but it's infrequent. You might get two posts a day, or none. But I'll try to post often.

sdhfs: Keep hanging in there ...

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Here's the scene that I wanted to include in my last post, but didn't. It's not quite as long as the other posts, but I'll try to get another one up later.
    Chapter 7

Palpatine sat down behind his desk as he watched Anakin depart. Even in his currently relaxed state, the boy radiated power. Palpatine closed his eyes and drew it to him. So much potential. With a force like that at his side he would be unstoppable. The Jedi would be crushed under such a formidable opponent. With Anakin?s long reach combined with his own considerable strength, the entire galaxy would be within his iron grasp. There would be nothing the two of them could not accomplish.

But Skywalker was not making things easy for him. The young Jedi was headstrong, and not easily manipulated. His infernal principles and the pillars of stability and light that kept Anakin on the straight and narrow anchored the boy. One pillar was Anakin?s former master and best friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Jedi Master had guided the boy for thirteen years, and a deep bond connected the two that Palpatine knew that even he could not sever. As long as Obi-Wan stood by him, Anakin would continue to allow himself to be chained by these damnable Jedi.

The other pillar was Anakin?s strong and proud wife, Senator Padmé Amidala. Anytime Anakin showed an agreeable darkside trait, that woman was there to sooth it away. He would never fulfill his destiny as a Sith as long as that witch had him under her sway. She needed to be eliminated. But that was not going to be easy. Padmé was a resilient woman, and had already survived multiple attempts on her life. He could have her arrested on a technicality and then dispose of her quietly. Her opposition to him in the Senate certainly merited such an action. But that would force the hand of his enemies in the Senate, something he did not need right now. He could destroy her career, but outlandish as the idea was, Anakin would still love her even if she lost her wealth and power.

There was always the vision. Palpatine had gathered from Anakin?s mind that he was deeply worried about his wife dying in childbirth. That could be a formidable tool for him to use. The tale of his unfortunate old master would spark the boy?s interest. But if he was going to play the savior, then he needed Anakin to believe that he had his best interests at heart.

Palpatine was starting to regret his decision to order Anakin to kill Dooku. He had assumed that the boy?s anger at the loss of his hand would be enough to make him want revenge. He would not assume anything again; it was too costly. By showing his cards too early, he had made a crucial mistake, one that could
  27. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    *jaw comically hits the floor*

Holy Banthas... he wants both of them?! :eek: :eek: :eek: And he wants to use Padmé and Sabé against them? :mad: Palpatine, you disgusting, overgrown rat!

Darth Bane is right... there can only be two... try to bring a third into the equation... well, three words: Luke and Vader. It just doesn't work.

Very cool post, Vastor! Palpatine seriously needs to be tossed out a window or something, but very cool! :) ;) :D And Bane seems to be counseling Palpster to leave Obi-Wan and Sabé's relationship alone for the moment, as it is in its earliest stages. If it was acted upon now, it would be of no real use. Obi-Wan's still in denial about it...

Again, awesome job! :) [face_dancing]

AQ
  28. CherryLightsaber Force Ghost

star 4
    Quite an interesting chapter. Of course, if it has Sidious, it's always interesting for me. And despicable, huh? Can't wait!
  29. sethsky Jedi Knight

star 1
    great chapter, damm that palpatine is really evil manipulator.
    And so it starts.... The begining of the end for master kenobi

see ya
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.