Saga The Shadow of Vader - A ROTS AU - The Fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi UPDATED 3/14/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Vastor, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AP4EVER Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :mad: That pruney SOB!!!:mad: It's bad enough that he's trying to ruin both Anakin and Obi-Wan's lives, but to use and drag their loved ones into it, that's downright atrocious!...But then again, he is a sith.

But now I am staring to get worried.[face_worried] There's still a chance that Anakin might fall, along with Obi-Wan.

Keeping my fingers crossed. And waiting for more! :D
  2. jpauln Jedi Knight

star 3
    Palpy wants both Obi and Ani. That could be interesting. If they make a good team as Jedi, just think of the team they'd make as Sith [face_devil]
  3. Ani-maniac Jedi Knight

star 4
    Wow!!!! That was wonderful! I so look forward to seeing where this goes!
    Please post again soon!:D

Ani-maniac
  4. Lord_Moordenaar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    A visit from Darth Bane was a nice touch, though from the novelization of ROTS, it clearly states that the key to eternal life is only achieved by the Jedi. It will be interesting to see how Bane bended that in the Sith's favor.

Even after the loss of Siri, Obi-Wan has begun to fall for Sabé, heh. It's only inevitable that the by-law of the Jedi's non-attachment policy be broken.

I can't wait to see how Anakin deals with General Grievous, or rather now General Grievous deals with Anakin. Obi-Wan is skilled and powerful, but Anakin will also make the Droid General a formidable opponent.
  5. AngelQueen Jedi Master

star 4
    *considers her earlier post* [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

Of course... by leaving Obi-Wan and Sabé's relationship alone at this point, Palpster could be spelling his own doom...

Speculation can be so much fun sometimes... ;) :D

AQ
  6. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Lovely post. The dialogue between Bane and Sidious/Palpatine was also wonderful!

uppies!

jazz
  7. Ceethreepio Jedi Knight

star 5
    Wow, I had just read all of it today and I must say it is one of the best fan fics I have ever read.
  8. shahid_chestro Jedi Knight

star 1
    good post! liked the darth bane touch. um....how can bane know about obi's lovelife??????
  9. sdhfs Jedi Master

star 4
  10. AngelQueen Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey everyone! I'm really sorry I haven't gotten a post up in a few days; summer work and basketball have been cutting into my writing time. Hopefully I can get back to a regular posting schedule now.

AngelQueen: Palpatine is very ambitious, to the point where it blinds him to what is really best for his welfare. If he had any sense, he would think this through, but that's just not his character.

Your comments about Bane and Obi-Wan and Sabe's relationship are very perceptive. Bane, who has waited a thousand years for this, has a little more patience than Palpatine, who's only waited a few decades.

Thanks again for your constant praise of my work! It's very humbling. [face_blush]

CherryLightsaber: Yes, Obi-Wan will become quite an evil person later, in a twisted sort of way.

sethsky: Yes, it is the beggining of the end for Obi-Wan Kenobi as we know him.
    Thanks for reading, again. :)

AP4EVER: Pruney SOB indeed. Sidious has never been in love, so he views it as weak. He only knows of it as a way to make other people miserable. Hang in there. Anakin is not going down without a heck of a fight.

jpauln: They would make quite a pair. Will it happen? You'll see ...

Ani-maniac: Thank you! I will try to keep the posts coming.

Lord_Moordenaar: I do not own the ROTS novel, so I cannot say exactly, but let me clear this up.

Bane is not really alive. When he was destroyed at the end of the Great Sith War, he left behind a trace, a stain, sort of. Kind of like Exar Kun on Yavin, except instead of binding himself to a temple,he bound himself to his successors. When a Sith Lord dies, his prescense is added to Bane's, though he remains the dominant personality. Bane has not achieved eternal life, as he cannot exist without a "host". So Bane can influence actions, but he cannot act independently. He's kind of an advisor for his succesors. Of course, someone of strong personal will like Palpatine refuses to be influenced.

Anakin confront Grievous? Interesting, but that's not going to happen. It's still going to be Obi-Wan, but with a twist.

Jazz_Skywalker: You're back! Thank you for the compliements, I really enjoyed writing that scene.

CeeThreepio: Really? Thank you![face_dancing] I'm new at this, so I'm not sure how I'm doing.

shaid_chestro: Bane's been around the block a few times. He knows things.

sdhsf: Thanks again!

Here we go.
    Chapter 8

Padmé sat in Bail Organa?s office, along with five other Senators. They had gathered together to discuss their growing concerns about an issue that all of them knew, but had been afraid to speak about before, as though to give voice to the idea would validate it.

Democracy was dying.

Padmé felt her baby kick, and for a moment, she envied the tiny life?s untroubled existence. For the little being inside her, there was only love and the protection of its mother. Padmé knew already that she would do anything for her child, even die so that it might live, but what good was life if it would grow up in a galaxy without freedom?

So that was why they were all gathered here today. They were the Loyalists, the few remaining senators who truly had the Republic?s best interests at heart. Most of the other Senators were too stupid to notice that the Republic was falling apart, or were too corrupt to care.

Senator Organa, who had called the meeting, was staring out the window; his shoulders slumped in grief. As a fervent believer in democracy, he considered himself to be a guardian of the Republic?s principles, and the great institution that he had served for more than twenty years was crumbling on his watch. Padmé could feel the pain rolling off him; it reflected what she herself was feeling right now.

Organa turned to face them. His face showed none of the grief that was wracking him, but Padmé knew that it was a façade. He was trying to create the impression that the situation wasn't as much of a
  12. CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight

star 4
    Very good update. I like how you managed Anakin's understanding. I can't wait to see the next update!
  13. AngelQueen Jedi Master

star 4
    *cheers happily* [face_dancing] [face_whistling] Yay! Go Anakin! Excellent show of restraint and not making a fool of yourself! :)

Wonderful post, Vastor! :D I really loved how Obi-Wan's agreement with Anakin surprised him. And Padmé's involvement in the formation of the Rebellion was great too! Excellent job!

AQ
  14. AP4EVER Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If General Grievous had suddenly burst into the Temple and started dancing with Jocasta Nu, Anakin would not have been more surprised.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

What a visual![face_laugh] That's gonna be stuck in my head for the rest of the day!

I'm glad to see Anakin and Obi-Wan finding common ground on the Council. But of course, it could spell trouble.

Another great post, Darth_Vastor! I eagerly await more! :D
  15. sethsky Jedi Youngling

star 1
    great chapter, anakin handeld that situation(the meeting) alot better then in the movie.
    Those arragont jedi masters think they know it all.

keepup the great work

seeya
  16. Ani-maniac Jedi Knight

star 4
    Wonderful!=D= I really enjoyed this chapter. You do such a wonderful job showing the changes in Obi-Wan and Anakin. Obi-Wan is becoming more liberal, and Anakin more restrained. :D As I have said before, I cannot wait to see what happens![face_dancing]

And I loved the line about Greivous dancing with Jacasta Nu.[face_laugh] That picture is hilarious!:D

You are a wonderful writer and I look forward to the next update. And, thank you so much for the PM.:)

Ani-maniac
  17. sdhfs Jedi Master

star 4
  18. jpauln Jedi Knight

star 3
    As Anakin grows and matures Obi-Wan slowly slides down the slippery slope. The subtle changes in character are well written and intelligently paced. I wonder how Anakin will react when Palpatine finally reveals the truth? Good update :)
  19. ObiDeeKenobi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    too much great work to single any out - though will we see a visit from Qui-Gon to go with the visit from Bane?

by the way i hope Sabé survives the fall of Obi-Wan and the Republic - i don't think anyone's done a multi part fic recently with a middle-aged Sabé that survived the events in 19 BBY to be around in 0 BBY - 4 ABY (ANH - RotJ). I liked the formation of the Rebel Allianc.. uh the Loyalist Committe.

Bail Organa has to be the ultimate political "great survivor" - he survived two decades in the Senate after the Fall of the Republic - shame Leia didn't learn his political and diplomatic skills - she's caught within a year of becoming Senator of Alderaan and yet we are supposed to believe that she's a vital part of the the support for the Rebellion - yeah and i have a swamp in Dagobah that i can sell you....

Anyway excellent work - Sabéwan forever, Obidala never!

ObiDee
  20. Lord_Moordenaar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I see...you will have to excuse my lack of knowledge on Bane's existence beyond death, the comics he is featured in have been targets of mine for sometime now. They're quite difficult to locate in these parts. I shall trust in your wisdom from now on and be mindful of my thoughts before I voice them.

As for the update, the changes in Anakin and Obi-Wan's characters are welcomed. That line about Grievous dancing with Jocasta Nu is priceless, a wonderful display of your witt.

Looking forward to the next chapter
  21. AngelQueen Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin confront Grievous? Interesting, but that's not going to happen. It's still going to be Obi-Wan, but with a twist.

Okay, so Obi-Wan's going to go off and confront Grevious, just as he did in RotS. But a twist? Hm... is he going to get captured and taken to Sidious, who will try to twist him to the Dark Side? Or will Grevious reveal Sidious' identity - if he knows it - just before Obi-Wan destroys him?

Considering that and Obi-Wan's growing anger, this could very well twist his thinking and he might believe that Anakin knew all along and is out to betray him and the Jedi.

But then again, I don't think Obi-Wan's fallen that far just yet... Hm... [face_thinking]

AQ
  22. CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight

star 4
    Or it could be like Anakin with Dooku in ROTS, where Obi ruthlessly murders Grievous when he's begging for mercy.

But that's just me, an Obi-hater.
  23. Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello! I've been working on this post for a few days now, so hopefully it's worth it. It's a bit longer than some of the others.

CherryLightsaber: Anakin's understanding was hard to write. I wanted to convey his discontent, but in a more mature way. I'm glad that you liked it.

AngelQueen: Your speculation is very, very astute. Thank you for the comments, again!

AP4EVER: That line was completly spontaneous. It just burst into my head while writing. I was considering doing Sidious dancing with Jocasta, but NO ONE wants to see that. [face_sick]

sethsky: The Jedi Masters are getting very arrogant. In the end, its going to cost them.

Ani-maniac: I'm thrilled that you liked it so much! I'll keep sending you PMs when I update if you want.

sdhfs: Thanks again!

jpauln: I'm glad that you like the pace of the story. I'm a little worried that people might think it's moving too slow, but as I recall, a common movie criticism was that Anakin fell too fast, and I don't want that too be the case with Obi-Wan.

ObiDeeKenobi: We will indeed see Qui-Gon later in the story.

Lord_Moordenaar: Dude, don't worry about it. Speculation and questioning are perfectly welcome here. As I said, I don't own the novel, so I don't even know if Bane was in ROTS (I'm going by the script). I just thought it would be a cool way to show how Palpatine really doesn't care about anything but himself, even the Sith.

Chapter 9

The Republic Gunship sped over Coruscant?s vast new military plaza. Three years ago, this section of the city had been decaying and had actually been scheduled for demolition when the war broke out. Now, new barracks and landing platforms glowed in the light of Coruscant?s setting sun. Dozens of ships, from massive capital cruisers to sleek spy ships were touching down here after months in the Outer or Mid Rims, while dozens more were taking off, bound for engagements in the far reaches of the galaxy. The three Jedi Masters were bound for the Kashyyyk platform, on the far side.

The mood inside the gunship was very somber. All three Masters were staring out at the military complex, saying nothing, but thinking a great deal. Obi-Wan Kenobi finally broke the tense silence.

?Anakin did not take to his new assignment with much enthusiasm.?

Yoda looked grave. ?Too much under the sway of the Chancellor, he is. Much anger there is in him. Too much pride in his powers.?

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?I think you?re wrong there, Master. Anakin has changed since we returned to Coruscant. He has become wary of the Chancellor?s motives.?

Mace Windu continued to stare out the open door. ?I have noticed this as well. It?s a good sign, but it?s still very dangerous, putting the two of them together. I don?t know if the boy can handle it. I?m not sure I trust him.?

Obi-Wan felt a brief flash of anger, but he ignored it. Master Windu had a right to be nervous about Anakin. They were playing with fire, after all.

?He'll be all right. I trust him with my life.?

?I wish I did.?

Obi-Wan?s annoyance increased. Master Windu and Master Yoda were usually not so blatantly pessimistic. When Obi-Wan had had doubts about Anakin?s ability to handle his first assignment alone, Mace and Yoda had been the ones to reassure him they had confidence in Anakin. That they doubted him now was disturbing.

?With all due respect, Master, is he not the Chosen One? Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force??

Mace looked unsure. ?So the prophecy says.?

?A prophecy ? that misread, could have been,? Yoda warned them.

Silence greeted his words. Clearly the thought was not one that was enjoyable to entertain.

After a few seconds, Obi-Wan spoke again. ?He will not let me down. He never has.?

Yoda stared at him. ?I hope right, you are.?

Obi-Wan decided to take a chance. ?Master, while we are on the subject of misreading, I have noticed that the Council members have
  24. AngelQueen Jedi Master

star 4
    Sabewanness! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Wonderful post, Vastor! :D

I'm not sure I trust him."

Hm... excellent adjustment of Mace's words! Whenever I watched that scene in RotS, I always had the urge to snap back, "And he doesn't trust you! Therein lies the problem." Hm... *plot bunny begins to make itself comfortable* Oh dear... But as I was saying, Mace is unsure as to if he should trust him or not, which I suppose is an improvement on things. But in the end, it will not be Anakin that falls... :(

Obi-Wan's anger continues to grow. :( And Yoda and Mace seem completely unaware of it. *sigh* A perfect example of the Jedi's blindness. It is worse than even they know.

And the bit of Sabewanness was wonderful! :) :D Obi-Wan doesn't regret it in the least! [face_dancing] I guess he's right: the no-attachment rule is broken beyond repair with him anyway, given his large attachment to his former apprentice. :)

Again, awesome post! :) Can't wait for more!

AQ
  25. jpauln Jedi Knight

star 3
    Uh oh, looks like Obi-Wan is on Palpatine's radar. Once again, great job in showing Anakin's distrust in the Chancellor grow as Obi-Wan gives in more to his emotions.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.