Saga The Shadow of Vader - A ROTS AU - The Fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi UPDATED 3/14/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Vastor, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. CherryLightsaber Force Ghost

star 4
    While I'm not a Sabewan fan, it was well done. I loved seeing Obi-Wan nearly flatten Palpatine, the poor old guy.

It's getting better and better!

- CherryLightsaber
  2. sethsky Jedi Knight

star 1
    good chapter, love how you change the dialogue in more anakin friendly( the talk between padme and anakin about politics), he's using his head more.

or when mace said "i'm not sure i trust him" instead of "i don't trust him"
    The changes are very nicely done.

see ya
  3. AP4EVER Jedi Master

star 4
    ...Squid Lake.[face_laugh]

At last, the flames of passion and love are burning away between Obi & Sabe.[face_love] @};-

And just what was ole' Sid...(cough) I mean Palpatine, doing up at that hour? No good, whatever it is!

Of course, I just loved the A&P scene! They both realize that this war is really taking a toll on the Republic in more ways than one, but at they can rely on eachother. And it's great to see that they both share the same fears regarding Palpatine.

Another magnificiant chapter, Darth_Vastor! Keep it comin', I hunger for more!:D
  4. JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm really enjoying this fic. =D=

Glad to see Obi-Wan giving in to his feelings. I'm very curious as to what finally makes him turn though. We know what Palpatin and Anakin's shatterpoints are, but what it Obi's?

Looking forward to more.
  5. Lord_Moordenaar Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can't wait to see what Anakin and Obi-Wan's battle will be like now that the coin will be flipped the other way around...I get chills just from imagining it. You have done well, Lord Vastor
  6. sdhfs Force Ghost

star 4

This sotry is getitng very interesting, i can't wait to see how things turn out at the opera
  7. Ani-maniac Force Ghost

star 4
    Absolutely amazing!!=D= =D= =D=

You do such a wonderful job showing the subtle ways in which Obi-Wan is changing. I really enjoyed it![:D]

Can't wait for the next post!!!

Ani-maniac
  8. widow_skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've never been in to the Sabewan fic, but this is good. Anakin seems to be maturing and blossoming before our very eyes, while Obi slides back. Perhaps he hears the dragon that Anakin used to hear? The dialogue is so perfect, right out of RotS, just tweeked a little. Th only thing a little weird, just for me, is the idea of Obi-Wan having that passionate kiss with Sabe. I kinda think of Obi as a grandfatherly type, and no one wants to see Grandpa kissing a hot gal. [face_mischief]
  9. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Crazydan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for the pm. The update's interesting....
  11. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
  12. Jedi_Katana Jedi Knight

star 1
    I adore this story so much. You have such awesome characterization that Obi-Wan's gradual turn seems so natural. I can't wait for the moment when it will all come together.

Katana
  13. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    *looks around sadly then bumps back up to the top*

:(
  14. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    AngelQueen: I am SO SORRY that I have not gotten a post up for almost two weeks! :eek: I've had something going in the morning and the evening almost non-stop for the past two weeks and every time I tried to sit down to write, something got in the way. THIS WILL CHANGE! I will get the next post up as soon as I can, probably later today or tomorrow. Thank you for being such a faithful reader; it means a lot to me. [:D] I'm really glad that you enjoyed the Mace adjustment. I found his behavior in that scene to be annoying too.

jpauln: Palpatine's plan is being set in motion. It's only a matter of time now, and like anything Palpatine has a hand in, it won't be nice.

CherryLightsaber: I toyed with the idea of Obi-Wan actually bowling Palpatine over, but decided against it. It would have meant a healthy dose of force lightning when Obi-Wan falls. No one does things like that to Palpatine and gets away unscathed.

sethsky: I'm trying to make Anakin into a more rational character - I'm glad it's working. However, he is still very reckless and when his dear master falls ...

AP4EVER: I really enjoyed writing the Anakin/Padme scene. Can't have enough of thse moments. I'll try to get posts up more frequently to make up for my lapse.

JediMaster_Jen: Obi-Wan's fall is the part I'm most eager to write; it's going to be very dark. I'm thrilled that you're liking the story.

Lord_Moordenaar: That's the scene I'm most eager to write after Obi-Wan's fall. Or rather, scenes. There will be more than one battle ...

sdhfs: The opera will be very similar to the film, but with a few differences in Anakin's perceptions.

Ani-maniac: Thnak you very much! Next post should be up in a day; I'll PM you.

widow_skywalker: I'm glad you like the story. I haven't read too many Sabewan's myself, but they're a good pair. Especially since Keira Knightley, who plays Sabe, has become such a beautiful, excellent actress! I know it's easy to see Obi-Wan as a grandfatherly type, but keep in mind that he's only 31 during ROTS. Sabe's about 27, same as Padme. So it's not that big a gap.

Crazydan: I see you're back from vacation. I can keep sending you PM's if you want. Thanks for reading!

JediKatana: I can't wait until it all comes together either. I hope you'll think it's worth the wait.

Once again, big apologies for keeping you guys waitng so long. The next post should be up very soon, and I'll try to keep them coming.

15. ObiDeeKenobi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I agree about Keira Knightley - excellent actress - specially compared to Portman - as for the characters, Sabé (and Count Dooku) were so under used by Lucas that they are pretty much blank slates - it's up to the books, comics and fan fiction writers to fill in the canvas - i really enjoy Sabéwan's compared to Obidala's - again partly because of KK but also because i cannot imagine either Ewan or Alec's Obi wanting to be with Padmé.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dates_in_Star_Wars for a good SW timeline
  16. Pokey Jedi Knight

star 2
    This story just blows me away. I love the subtle changes you see in Anakin and Obi-wan. This is just so well thought out and amazingly written. Could you please PM me when you update?
  17. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    ObiDeeKenobi: I haven't done too much with Sabe yet, but I will; she's a great character to develop. I agree wholeheartedly about Obidala. I don't hate the genre; there are some good writers in it, but PAdme is Anakin's through and through. It's that simple.

Pokey: I'm thrilled that you like it! I'll make sure and send you a PM.

Here it is, the update two weeks in the making! Hopefully I haven't lost any readers due to the lapse. I hope the post is at least partially worth it.
    Chapter 10

A bright yellow speeder whipped through Coruscant?s crowded traffic lanes, far exceeding recommended speed and passing vehicles left and right. The drivers of the other speeders blared their horns angrily and shouted curses, but the driver of the yellow speeder had no time to care.

After five minutes of frantic flying, the speeder reached its destination, the Galaxy Opera House. It pulled into a parking space, and Anakin Skywalker leapt from the driver?s seat, using the Force to turn off the ignition. He began to run up the grand stairs leading into the theater, ignoring the scandalized stairs of the many dignitaries who were ascending at a far less rapid pace.

He had been in seclusion all day; so Obi-Wan had only just told him about the Chancellor?s request. By that time, he had less than half an hour to meet Palpatine. If he had not committed about fifty traffic violations, he would not be here at all.

Turning into the upstairs hallway, he found the Chancellor?s box and quickly ducked inside.

The occupants did not notice him enter; they were too busy watching the eerie spectacle of the ballet and conversing in such low voices that even Anakin?s keen hearing could not pick up what was being said. He approached Palpatine at the front of the box and whispered, ?You wanted to see me, Chancellor??

Palpatine broke off his conversation with Mas Amedda abruptly and smiled at Anakin with a fatherly affection. ?Yes, Anakin! Come closer, I have good news.?

Anakin got down on one knee so that he could hear the Chancellor better. Palpatine continued in a low voice. ?Our clone intelligence units have discovered the location of General Grievous. He?s hiding in the Utapau system.

Anakin had heard of Utapau before. During the Outer Rim Sieges several Jedi Generals had debated about whether or not to invade Utapau or to press on to other more important worlds. A detailed surveillance scan had not revealed enough to merit the resources such an invasion would require, so the campaign had been abandoned. Now that he thought about it, it made perfect sense why the Confederate presence had evaded detection. Utapau was a sanctuary world, not a military base. Grievous had probably been very covert about acquiring it; so that he and the other Confederate leaders could have a place to plot without exposing themselves to danger. Something that they excelled at, he thought in disgust. This was the best news he had heard in a long time; Grievous could finally be brought to justice.

?At last,? he breathed, ?We?ll be able to capture that monster and end this war.?

Palpatine looked at Anakin with a mixture of fondness and sympathy. ?I would worry about the collective wisdom of the Council if they didn't select you for this assignment. You are the best choice by far ? but, they can't always be trusted to do the right thing.?

Anakin was brought back to earth with an unpleasant bump. Clearly he was supposed to take the complement at face value. He had been thinking along these same lines himself, of course, but the way the Chancellor said it made him uneasy. ?They try,? he muttered in the Council?s defense, as much as it galled him to do so.

Palpatine indicated the empty chair next to him. ?Sit down,? he invited Anakin. Turning to his aides he ordered, ?Leave us.? Without a word Amedda and Sly Moore stood up and exited the box.

Anakin took the offered seat and fixed his stare on the performers on the stage. Palpatine leaned over to him, his face and voic
  18. JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost

star 4
    Great chapter. =D=

Tough decisions are coming for Obi as he delves deeper into the dark side without even really realizing what is happening to him.

Can't wait for the next chapter. Soon, please. [face_praying]
  19. AP4EVER Jedi Master

star 4
    If he had not committed about fifty traffic violations, he would not be here at all.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Sounds like me trying to get to class!

Other Jedi held such feelings. Master Windu?s fighting style required that he indulge his darker side. Anakin, of course, was a maelstrom of emotion; a time bomb just waiting to go off. But they acknowledged their darkness, they did not try to bury it, as Obi-Wan did. So while they were looked at with more caution, they were also more open.

That made Obi-Wan all the more dangerous.

This reminded me of an old Chinese proverb: The loud one may be dangerous, but the quiet one is deadly.

So, it seems Palpy has given Anakin the Plageius tale, and Obi-Wan is becoming more frustrated by the day. I wonder if obi will 'snap' during this next Council meeting. Maybe not a total meltdown, but something that will cause the council chamber to go silent. Can't wait to find out!

Thanks for the new post, Vastor! Can't wait to read more! Oh, Waiter! More please!:D
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    My question is, when Obi does fall, will Anakin give up on him as easily as Obi did Anakin in canon, or will Anakin try to bring his Master back?

Interesting what if.
  21. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    ?They try,? he muttered in the Council?s defense, as much as it galled him to do so.

*snorts* I don't much blame Anakin there! The Council is full of idiots, and the ones that aren't idiots - all of three or four at most - are far too occupied with war matters or certain handmaidens to be of much help to him.

Palpatine did not look at him, but stared out at the emptying theater. ?Think about what I?ve said, Anakin. I have worked for peace and democracy for decades and I cannot watch it disappear without a fight. I wish things were different, but I have to do what is best for the Republic. Imagine that you were in my place. How far would you go to save the thing that mattered the most to you??

Anakin left without speaking. It was a question for which he already knew the answer.

*shiver* That was rather creepy, I think. Anakin is now facing perhaps the greatest temptation of his life - a way to keep those he loves most with him for good - and the only Jedi he can truly count on is going through his own emotional crisis.

*whacks Palpatine repeatedly* Leave Anakin alone, you snake! :mad::mad:

Every time he passed her, she would smile at him and he would lose control of himself and bump into something. Usually something breakable.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan! He just cannot catch a break, can he? Oh, the mental imagery is just hilarious! :D

Vaguely, he wondered what had happened to him. He barely knew Sabé, or at least as he thought he should to be feeling this way. A few hours ago, he had been in perfect control of himself. Now, he was having trouble forming a rational thought.

*sings off-key* It's a little think called loooovvvveeee! :D Excellent description, Vastor! :)

The Council had no idea, Obi-Wan thought savagely.

I quite agree! Stupid Council. Can't even see what is right before their own eyes.

For a moment, his mind flashed again to the image of the giant spider sitting at the center of it?s web, slowly pulling its victims in, close enough for the killing strike. The spider with Palpatine?s face.

Obi-Wan shook his head fiercely.
    I won?t let it happen. I won?t! Even if it costs me my life.

*shudder* Oh that whole Spider!Palpatine is going to give me nightmares, I just know it. I hate spiders! Icky, gross creatures! *twitch*

It was his duty. Both as a soldier and a Jedi.

Standing up, Obi-Wan left the Room of a Thousand Fountains. The other Masters were calling him. It was time for a Council meeting.

Ah, duty. Something that is never gone from our lives, and it is a cold comfort indeed.

Another Council meeting? Well, here's hoping that Anakin decides to take a leap of faith and trust the Council and tell them that Palpatine is a total psycho who tells Sith stories over the campfire. Hopefully, that will be a loud enough alarm clock for them.

But why do I doubt it?

Vastor, this was definitely worth the wait! :D I was enthralled the entire time! Anakin's feelings of being torn between Palpatine and all that he promises and the Jedi and all that he has fought and bled for, Obi-Wan's feelings of confusion and just general angst.

It just sucks to be both of them right now, doesn't it? ;)

Again, splendid job! =D= [face_dance] Can't wait for more!

AQ
  22. Ani-maniac Force Ghost

star 4
    Absolutely fabulous!=D=

I always have suspected that Obi-Wan wasn't the perfect Jedi so many thought him to be...[face_devil]

It was definitly well worth the wait! That was awesome!:D

Please update soon![face_praying]

Ani-maniac
  23. jpauln Force Ghost

star 3
    =D= Once again you have written an excellent chapter! It's good to get into Obi-Wan's thoughts as he struggles with the darkness within. I also liked Anakin's wary nature towards Palpatine. Well Done!
  24. Pokey Jedi Knight

star 2
    The part about Obi-wan was simply amazing. It stated what I've always felt about Obi-wan, that outwardly he seems the perfect jedi but inside he is very passionate. We see that in his bond with Qui-gon and even more in his love for Anakin. When we see Obi-wan interacting with Anakin it is almost like he is a completely different person then the one we see interacting with the council. I really enjoyed this chapter, thanks for telling me about the update!
  25. sdhfs Force Ghost

star 4

great great post, really that was by far your best.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.