main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Shadow of Vader - A ROTS AU - The Fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi UPDATED 3/14/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Vastor, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    That was... almost scary.

I'm really worried about Anakin and Obi-Wan (or whoever they are now). They think they're following only the Force- are they? And if they are, the galaxy is in trouble. If they aren't, the galaxy may still be in trouble.

Seriously, those two can be very scary. Really scary. And evil. And I'm still rooting for them, because Palps is worse.:p

Still loving this and looking forward to more!

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    OH my Force!:eek:
    There seems to be more Sith than Jedi, who will win and who will lose [face_worried]

I dont like that Palpy thinks he is indestructable.

He may be to much for Obi-Wan and Anakin, naw!! what am I sayingo_O

They will beat him, and Obi-Wan will live[face_peace]

3. Vadidious

Vadidious Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2007
    I have a feeling Anakin is going to be in trouble.. Anyway, great post again.

4. Kivas

Kivas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    Great update, the unease and tenseness of the post dripped off the screen. Well done.

5. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Wow, another great update. Nothing like battles and intrigue. :D

6. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    So many twists and turns, my head's spinning. Great update, cant wait for the next chapter.

7. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Thank you so much for the PM, Vastor. :) I just started reading chapter 59 and am loving it! I promise to write another response when I've caught up completely. I wanted you to know I'm still reading and enjoying. Congratulations on completing your first semester.=D= I've finished mine and can relate all too well to the time crunches. Happy holidays!

8. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Hey everyone! I had the majority of this chapter ready two days ago, but writing the last few sentences was much tougher than I expected and took me almost two days (well, that and last-minute Christmas shopping). I hope it turned out all right, as I really wanted to set things up well for the next crucial chapter. Techically, I suppose, all the remaining chapters are crucial, seeing as there are only 5 of them left after this one, but you get the idea.

Thank you everyone who took the time to review! It's great to see that so many people have been willing to be patient with this story. I deeply appreciate it. As promised, here are some individual replies.

Valairy_Scot: Thanks for the long review! The Will of the Force may seem to carry an evil conotation, but keep in mind that Vader and Anakin are looking at the world through tinted lenses. They may think they are acting independently of any self-interest, yet both have demonstrated that they have more at stake than just the well-being of the galaxy. It's quite the paradox.

jedipati: Well, you know the galaxy is screwed if Palpatine remains in power, but at this point, Anakin and Obi-Wan are in so deep they might not be any better if they rise to power.

Gkilkenny: Anakin and Obi-Wan together are an unstoppable force at this point. You're right - Palpatine has no chance against the two of them standing together. But if he can turn them against one another ... anything can happen.

Vadidious: Resisting Palpatine's influence has never been Anakin's strong suit. Things might not turn out as Vader has planned ...

Kivas: Thank you! It's a dark time in this story, and its only going to get darker in the next few chapters.

DountCooku: Nothing indeed. :D

AscalElessar: Glad you enjoyed the ride - there will be a few more curveballs in store for you before this story draws to a close.

MirandaFair: Take your time - I'm just happy that you're finding the time to continue to read!

Since I probably won't have another post up before Christmas, Happy Holidays all of you! [:D]. Be safe, and I wish you and your families nothing but the best!

Chapter 61

Coruscant had descended into anarchy. Whatever illusions of peace and stability the Emperor had imposed upon the galactic capital were now completely dispelled as in the streets before the Imperial Palace, a pitched battle raged. In the beginning, the number of Rebel fighters aligned against the house of tyranny had numbered over one hundred thousand. Now, however, though the battle had been dragging on for hours and thousands of them had fallen, their numbers had actually swelled. Ordinary citizens who had previously been too intimidated to venture out of their front doors were now joining the throng in droves, seizing everything from blaster rifles to lengths of metal pipe to brandish against the soldiers. Galvanized into a frenzy by the disappearance of their revered Leader and the prospect of striking a definitive blow against the hated Emperor, the resistance fighters charged forward without regard for life or limb, and even the impeccably trained stormtroopers were hard-pressed to keep from being driven backwards in a rout.

From high above Coruscant?s surface, Anakin Skywalker watched the tumultuous scene with a dispassionate eye. His shuttle had passed over the fray as he circled the Imperial Palace looking for a place to land, and while he could not distinguish the individuals locked in mortal combat on both sides, he could sense them all. The fiery determination of the Rebels and the cold, purposeful mindset of the clones saturated the Force around him, creating a swirling vortex of perceptions that stood out as vividly as a scar. It was the antithesis of the balance he sought to bring about, but it would soon be brought to an end. Palpatine was the key, and his death would usher in a resolution to the conflict ? one way or another.

However, the chaos would hav

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Whew! I get exhausted reading your posts. Intensity to the max.

I hope your last line is a misdirection - but I fear not.

Wonderful, wonderful update - and happy holidays to you.

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh my, such creative writing, =D= and I do not like the odds for the end of the fight.
    I am dreading reading that Obi-Wan is the loser. I would like to read that Obi-Wan
    is the victor and finds out about his child
    If you must make Anakin win please do not kill Obi-Wan or I will :_|

11. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I think you've shown us the true nature of the Emperor, Vastor: clever, cunning, evil to the point where he's ready to loose one of his most powerful servants while, in the beginning, he wished to have them both at his side.
    Now, indeed, this is the end. And the ladies are bound to play an important part in it...

12. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Wow. I am utterly speechless - Palpatine has certainly played Anakin exactly the way he wanted to.

Amazing chapter, Vastor!

13. Vadidious

Vadidious Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2007
    Maybe they should have made star wars like this :p. Can't wait for the next one.

14. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Wow, awesome post, you've surpassed yourself this time. Such an evil cliffhanger, can't wait for the next update.

15. Darth_Cable

Darth_Cable Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    I remember when I first found this story two years ago, shortly before a vacation to Southern Michigan, I spent a good deal of time at a run down internet cafe several times a day checking in hopes of a update, I never did manage to give my parents a real answer as to why I always at that computer.

Two years later, we're almost done.

It's been one hell of an awesome read. Mad props to Vastor for this. His story is the one reason I joined the boards so I could be pm'd..:cool:

16. noevilmusic

noevilmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2006
    That was amazing. Can't wait to see how this duel's going to end and what Sidious has in mind!

17. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Boy, someone needs to throw a brick at Palpatine. What an evil dog! I hope our heroes survive, but it doesn't look good for them. Eagerly awaiting the next update!

18. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    hmm i wonder someone is gonna die? but maybe not who we expect i cant bear obi or ani not getting through this what if someone like master yoda tries to stop them and falls victim? as angry with the jedi as obi has been both he and ani have arespect for master yoda and seek advice of him so it would be something rather of a WAKEUP CALL to them both.

obi doesnt even know he's a father or ever meet his son and ani he just cant leave his beloved family behind.

i cant feel right about eigther one of them dying cant wait for the next post

Snow

19. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Darth Vastor here - holiday greetings to all and welcome to 2008! I hope everyone here had a safe, wonderful Christmas and a New Year's Eve. I personally had a great 2007 and I feel that 2008 is going to be a very big year, so I am eager to get things started.

There is, however, one order of business that I need to attend to first: that would be finishing this story. Because it took me nine days to write the chapter posted below, things aren't looking good for finishing this story before break ends and I head back to school for the winter quarter. This means, to my great disappointment, that I will probably have to take another layoff from this story for a few weeks. I'm very sorry about this, but unfortunately writing can be a very time consuming process, and there are inevitably other things that get in the way. I feel that I might be able to get one more chapter done if I push myself, but there are a lot of story lines to wrap up, and it will take time to bring them all to a satisfying conclusion. I'm afraid that I must ask for your patience, which you have been so generous in granting me, one more time.

After you have read this chapter, there will only be four more left. During that time, I will be working hard to tie together all the characters and plotlines, including the space battles, which I have unfortunately neglected for the past two chapters. I hope you will enjoy them, and I will work hard to make sure everything comes together the way it should.

All right, onto this chapter. It's heavy on the action (obviously), but it was the later parts of the chapter that took me the most time to write - when tragedy strikes. It may be difficult to get past some of the violence, but I hope you will see it through to the end.

Thank you to everyone for your amazing reviews, and enjoy!

Chapter 62

Treachery is the way of the Sith.

It was a maxim upheld by centuries of thought and action, an idea even more integral to the philosophy of the Order than the Rule of Two. It was a law so deeply enmeshed within the Sith code that it was impossible to extricate the two, and as the Sith had shaped the destiny of the galaxy, so the rule of treachery had shaped the destiny of the Sith. In accordance with the dark but sacred principle, hundreds of generations of apprentices had plotted to overthrow their masters, and bitter rivals had sought to destroy one another. One could not claim the ultimate power of the Force unless they were willing to destroy anyone who dared to stand in their way.

Very seldom was there a personal element for the architect behind the betrayal. The overriding motive was nearly always an unquenchable lust for greater power. This was because most Sith chose to cut themselves off from any relationships that might give them cause for hesitation when, as was inevitably necessary, the other must be sacrificed. On those rare occasions when there was a true connection between the combatants, the conflicting emotions that the battle inspired created a storm great enough to tear a rift in the Force itself.

Such was the case with Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. Never before had the galaxy seen two beings of such incredible power face off against one another with so much at stake, and it never would again. One of the deepest friendships the galaxy had ever known had given way to pure enmity, and the results were to prove terrifying.

Padmé and Sabé watched in unspeakable horror as the men they loved descended into the fires of absolute hatred. Every strike was to prove a painful thrust through their hearts, but they were utterly powerless to act. Even Emperor Palpatine, who through his devious manipulations had turned the two titans against one another, was standing well back, aware that there was no place for him in the conflict. The Jedi Knight and the Dark Lord of the Sith would stop at nothing to destroy one another ? or anyone who dared to stand in their way.

Anakin drew his blade up and across, unleashing his rage w

20. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Poor Palpatine... Eighteen years of cunning, of effort and intelligence reduced to nothingness!
    As for Anakin, he still has much to learn.

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I am - speechless. Powerful, awesome. Bravo! =D= I have to absorb this, read this several times to get beyond the awe and maybe I can give this update the review it deserves.

You truly had me scared for Obi-Wan.

I still am. Deep loss and sacrifice - I'm afraid how you will end this, but I can't wait to read it, either.

Magnificent job and I am in total awe of your talent.

22. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    okay that was susspence and a half

so obi is still alive

will ani save him in time and hes pretty bad off to not a good time for any of them to face off with palpy but what can they do?

look forward to what comes next

soooooo glad they are both still alive

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

seems the end is coming soon i a so anxious to know what happens but this story has been with us so long i dont know what ill do without more to look forward to

what are your plans for writing next?

ardent fan

Snow

23. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Whoa, I was not expecting Qui-Gon to appear! What a great twist!

24. Vadidious

Vadidious Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2007
    The last part was really emotional... Testament to your abilities as a writer. Nice post again :)

25. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    WOW. Just....WOW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.