main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Shadow of Vader - A ROTS AU - The Fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi UPDATED 3/14/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Vastor, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kivas

Kivas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    speechless is one Way to put it... ok new post please.. no hiatus this time.. please :)

2. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Nice double post!

That was epic... I liked the sentance, but Obi falling to darkness is bleak. What will Anakin do when he realizes that the Death Star is going to blow up his kids.

3. solo1717

solo1717 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2007
    Incredible. Unspeakably, serenely, perfect. You are one of the finest, possibly the finest, writer of fiction whose work I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

You do know, don't you, that this story, given as a work sample will allow you to get any writing position, anywhere. Best of luck with that, and I'm sure you have a promising future ahead of you. Incredible. And unbelievable considering you're, what, 18?

I await the next chapter with abated breath.

And by the way -- you might be getting some contact from Ubisoft soon ;)

4. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Wow, and I say again, WOW! I always enjoy seeing Palpatine get his due in these stories. I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of our friends, and also the brave fighter pilots taking on the Imps near Alderaan.

5. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This was an awesome post! :D

After reading it, it's been lingering in my mind to the point I had to delurk to ask that Obi-Wan live. [face_blush]

Now I'm going to plead his case, though it may not be well. Obi-Wan has a son he knows nothing about and the guy needs to know his son and vice versa. Also, he's been through a lot over the years: misled, deceived, turned bad but still had good within him, he killed Sidious to save a friend, and now he's struggling to defeat Vader and Bane. Our Jedi needs a break. [face_batting]

Okay, now that I've gotten down all the thoughts running through my mind, I guess the end results will be left to the muse. :)

6. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I have one thing to say : CONGRATULATIONS =D= =D= =D= =D=
    I really loved that vision of the Force and Palpatine's utter evil aspect leading to his utter demise. It was really brilliant!
    And now, one thing remains for the new Sith Master and Jedi Grandmaster : the Death Star. Only this time, he cannot do much.

7. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Wow, that was amazing, where do I start? Definitly worth the wait. The space battle in Chapter 63 was fantastic, as good as anything I've read in the novels. And as for Chapter 64, I'm speechless, so many twists and turns. Loved how Anakin stripped the Emperor of his power, the only thing he was afraid of. Obi-Wan's sacrafice was heartbreaking, I really hope it's not all over for him.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

8. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Anakin's a Super Saiyan! [face_laugh] I've been following for a while as a lurker. I know how it can get when you can't update as much as you'd like. You've done well considering the fact that the updates have been sporadic.

9. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    when i saw the up at ff.net and saw only chap 63 i was disapointed cause i saw there were gonna be to chaps but i must have checked before the second got there but i double checked here cause i couldnt bear the thought that you leave us hanging on the emperors throne room scene after so long and am rejoiceing to see chap 64.

glad to here we'll be seeing what happens soon but sad its coming to an end

is there a "part 3" th shadow of vader or is this actually THE END?

will comment on chap asap

Snow

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Amazing posts, so intense.=D=

Finally Anakin sees the truth, but can he help Obi-Wan return
    He is the chosen one so he should be able to save his real master.
    After all Obi-Wan has a son and should see him.
    It would be a shame if he died, and I might cry forever.:_|

Excellent story.:cool:

11. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    WOW [face_hypnotized]

This post was phenomenal, Darth_Vastor! Absolutely stunning!! =D=

Brilliant job! Looking forward to more!

12. AnakinSucks

AnakinSucks Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Now, here is a version of Anakin that does not suck!

Take your time - this has turned out better than I could have hoped.

=D=

13. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    okay be mad at me asap turned out longer than expected now im on vacation and wondered did i ever post a comment cause i always try to think it out first and wasnt sure if i accutually posted lol

please i know ive said it before but dont kill obi with 3 chaps left i can see eigther way happening but HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW HE HAS A SON

yoda and mace can jump in and add their strength or maybe after obi goes beyond dragging bane and vader with ani (super force guy) (embodyment of the force) will be able to call him back from beyond?

or maybe since "vader" is part of obi this is more about obi needing to find his "balance"

SNow

please up soon

14. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    My faithful readers,

All right, it's been over a month and I don't have an update for you yet. My deepest apologies to you all. I've slowly been chipping away at the next chapter as I try to balance my schoolwork and other commitments, but I work much better when I have a solid block of time rather than a lot of stop and go intervals, so what I really need is one to two free days in which I can make writing my primary focus. I can't say with certainty that it will be in the next couple of weeks, but I will continue to do my best to find such a time. Given the delay, I'm probably much more anxious than you are - the need to get my ideas down is becoming stronger by the day. We're very close to the end, as I've mentioned before, and being so near the finish line yet unable to reach for it is killing me right now. We will get there, however, I can promise you that. One way or another, this long and at times unnecessarily painful journey will come to its fitting end soon.

There are many, many storylines still left to tie up, and this means that the following chapters will be long and at times incredibly hectic. Given how far this story has come, I want to make sure that I don't leave some crucial element unfinished. So as I weave the final strands together, you will learn what becomes of all the major characters, including the ultimate fate of Obi-Wan Kenobi. I can't promise that you will like all of what will ultimately unfold, or that the road will lead to a universal happy ending. I hope, however, that you will find it to be a satisfying conclusion ... for some a fitting end and for others a new beginning.

You're as sick of these author's notes as I am, I'm sure, so I won't say anything else in the hopes that this will indeed be the last one. Take care, everyone, and thank you for your patience. I look forward to bringing you the final chapters soon.

Darth Vastor

15. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    Don't worry, Vastor. We all understand that RL's hard to balance out. And a great story like the one you've kept us all hanging on takes time to write carefully and thoroughly like you've been doing so far. [:D]

The last chapter was incredible to say the least... absolutely stunning. I'm going to die waiting in suspense. [face_worried] Thanks for the PM!

16. Darth_Vastor

Jun 24, 2005
    Hey everyone, as ridiculous as it seems, there's now an update for The Shadow of Vader!

I have to apologize to all of you to start; I've had the segment below ready for some time now, but I hadn't posted it because I've been restructuring the final few chapters of this story. I had hoped to fit everything that you will see in this chapter and next into one chapter, but as you will see, it was going to be far too long. So I've decided to add another chapter after this one (I'm still working on it) that will cover everything that didn't make it into this chapter, and then the final chapter and the epilogue will proceed as planned. Now that I look at it, this structure actually looks better than the original - I don't know why it took me so long to pull the trigger on it. I guess I'll have to chalk it up to a long, sleepless year of college ... just kidding, that's no excuse.

We're very, very close to the end now. I will seriously do everything I can to bring you the final chapters as quickly as possible. But since my good word is shattered because I kept you hanging on that cruel cliffhanger for about three months longer than I had hoped and/or planned, I'll shut up for now and let you read my long stream of psychobabble later. Enjoy the next chapter, and with it my sincere apologies for your well-justified frustrations.

EDIT: Symbols problem finally fixed, but for how long I don't know. I'm so sorry; this was the last thing I wanted to happen after keeping you waiting months for an update. I think it's best if I just don't mess with this post anymore.

Chapter 65

In the skies above Alderaan, the battle for the heart of the Rebellion raged on. The stars revolved gradually in an unbroken circle around the storm of fire which had erupted at the heart of the system. The newly arrived Rebel Fleet Group under the command of General Rahm Kota had soared into position and was now doing everything it could to assist its beleaguered allies in obstructing their enemies? path. Yet still the Emperor?s servants marched on, flanking their seemingly unassailable weapon as it moved ever closer towards the position where it could rain death upon the world below.

Behind the advancing Imperial lines was a graveyard littered with twisted metal expanding clouds of dust ? all that tangibly remained of those given their lives in the service of both causes. Those who had been lost were now at peace, but they were not alone.

Jax Bronson came to slowly, as if waking out of a deep and interminable sleep. His head throbbed mercilessly, and as he raised his hand to cradle it, he felt something warm and wet sliding down the side of his face. It was blood. The young Corellian winced as a fresh wave of pain hit him. He must have struck his head on the front viewport when his starfighter spun out of control, but he could not remember how exactly it had happened. One minute he had been flying alongside Red Leader, and the next he ?

Jax?s other concerns immediately vanished. Ignoring the throbbing pain in his skull, he sat up and began to scan his sensor display furiously for any sign of his captain?s craft. The display was overwhelmed with interference as his astromech and the X-Wing?s internal computer worked in sync to bring all the starfighter?s systems back on-line from standby. Amidst the fluctuating waves of static, there was no sign of Red Leader.

Impatience overcoming him, Jax hit the display with his right hand, knowing that it would do no good. Amazingly, however, the display settled into focus. Jax scanned it with a renewed determination and almost immediately noticed a single blue dot blinking faintly in the corner of the screen. His heart leapt into his throat.

Jax seized the controls of his starfighter and keyed in the start-up sequence. After a few tense moments, the engines caught and the X-Wing whirred to life. Jax quickly brought the craft around and soared off in the direction of the signal.

After a few seconds of anxious searchin

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Whew - I'm breathless.

That was PERFECT - Obi-Wan did have to die and sacrifice himself - but you found a way to have him do that AND come back.

I'll have to absorb this before I can do adequate justice to this - but - wow! =D=

18. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Wow, Vastor. Your updates never fail to impress. I'm staggered when I think that this could have been even longer than it was! I'm glad that Obi-Wan survived (and even more glad that you didn't split this into two chapters and put a cliffie after Obi's death).

I'm looking forward to seeing how good of a sharpshooter Jax is. Out of curiosity, has he ever bullseyed Wamp Rats in a T-16? ;)

19. Darth_Cable

Darth_Cable Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    This...needs to be made into a movie, I love it. I've been hooked since day 1 back in Summer of 05. Good times. Only gripe is the post appears at least to me is filled with well odd characters and symbols, Can that be fixed?

Fantastic job as always. If there was ever someone to advise George Lucas, it would be Darth_Vastor

20. Darth_Vastor

Jun 24, 2005
    Apologies for the idiotic symbols, this happened last time too. It seems like if I try to edit something, the server replaces all quotation marks and things with these stupid streams of junk. I will do my best to fix it. My apologies for those trying to to read through all this messed-up crap. (I'm not happy about this, if you couldn't tell) :mad:

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I've been told those crazy symbols come from using "smart quotes" in Word. Trust that as much any 3rd hand report.

22. LostSkywalker

LostSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    That actually is the cause of it, so using the basic quotation marks from notepad or wordpad would fix that problem.

And bugger all, I have to wait for the fix to read the end of this! @_@*gets back to work on his own fic in the meantime.

23. Darth_Vastor

Jun 24, 2005
    All right, the symbols should finally be fixed. Thank you so much for your advice, and your patience. If the problem persists, please let me know (if I haven't already driven my head through a wall)

Enjoy, and I'll get to replies soon! :D

24. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Just amazing, you made me panic when Obi-Wan died.:_|
    All I could think of is - He doesn't know about his son.:oops:

Thank the force the chosen one could bring him back.[face_dancing]

Excellent=D=

25. Darth_Cable

Darth_Cable Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    This needs to be published. This is how Rots SHOULD have been