Saga The Shadow of Vader - A ROTS AU - The Fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi UPDATED 3/14/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Vastor, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Ascal_Elessar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome job, as always and I definitely want the extra chapter.
  2. Kivas Jedi Knight

star 1
    Definitely bonus chapter please.
  3. mujapple-juicey Jedi Master

star 4
    Bravo!
    You are AMAZING!
    Excellent dialogue!
    Bravo!

tapping fish
    the tap tap now subdued
    NOT
  4. Darth_Cable Force Ghost

star 1
    Update?

So close.

To the person above me. What's a tap fish? I'm curious
  5. GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    great fic!!!!!
    I liked the concept and especially how Obi-Wan got back [face_batting]
    I look forward to reading more!:D
    Could you please add me to the PM list?[face_praying]
  6. Darth_Nellie Jedi Master

star 1
    Lovely to see that this story has been updated. So if possible, please send me the extra chapter. Thank you.
  7. mujapple-juicey Jedi Master

star 4
    To Cable: a tapping fish is a fish that is tapping at the walls of the tank.
  8. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great chapter! I would like to see the extra chapter after you have it finished, and wish you luck with both the rest of this story and your schooling.

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]
  9. wolf_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Phew, finally I've gotten to this. Stupid DRL...[face_frustrated]
    Excellent post!! And I'd love the extra chapter.
    Great work! =D=
  10. Darth_Cable Force Ghost

star 1
    I should go to the Shedd Aquarium and see this fish.

Been rereading the story, never gets old. Eagerly await the conclusion
  11. zonzo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  12. mujapple-juicey Jedi Master

star 4
    To Cable: That place is the best! But beware of the parking lot trouble! Anyhow, I was referring to my pet fish.

Update... AWESOME!
    If it won't be too much of a burden, can I get PMed.

tapping fish
    What
  13. Darth_Cable Force Ghost

star 1
    The Shedd aquarium does rock, Field is good too

UP?
  14. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey everyone,

The new post should be up in a day or two; I'm just wrapping things up. As it turns out, this so-called bonus chapter turned out to be a lot longer than I expected - long enough that I'm considering just posting it as part of the regular story (I don't want people to have to read through what would probably be close to a thirty-page PM). Anyway, it's coming soon, after I have the chance to edit it this weekend. Until then!

Darth_Vastor

15. Darth_Cable Force Ghost

star 1
    Awesome

Happy Saint Pats people

Chicago parade is going to be fun. Mmmmm...Green
  16. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey everyone! ?Long time no see? seems like a familiar greeting for us now, doesn?t it?

This is the chapter I originally announced that I was going to send out by PM. However, two things happened to change this: one, several of you stated your preference for a direct posting, and two, I ended up writing the chapter in such a way that it ended up being both longer and more relevant to the overall story than I had originally expected. Therefore, I no longer have any concerns about including it on this thread ? in fact, this means I will get to write a shorter concluding chapter and epilogue (and therefore get them to you sooner). I have finals coming up very soon, so you won?t hear from me after this for over a week at least, but I hope that you enjoy this new and expanded chapter! Thank you all so much for your continuing interest and wonderful comments - I continue to read and deeply appreciate them all.

On to the chapter.

Chapter 68

?Am I to understand then, My Lord, that we have your final confirmation??

Seated precariously in the communications chair of the small Imperial Shuttle overlooking Coruscant, Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled and nodded with a pointed sense of finality. ?Yes, Admiral. You have my authorization.?

Imperial Vice Admiral Thrawn?s impeccably crisp voice carried smoothly over the channel. ?Then, My Lord, we shall proceed with the protocol immediately.?

?Thank you, Admiral,? Obi-Wan replied steadily. ?Lord Vader out.?

He pressed a button on the console and the channel to the Imperial Star Destroyer Reaper disconnected with a definitive click. As soon as the line was broken, Obi-Wan leaned back in his chair and let out a shallow, marginally steady breath, a quiet and yet somehow assuring sound which nevertheless felt and sounded to every soul gathered together at that moment in space and time like a whispered word from heaven. His work finished, the newly redeemed Jedi Knight turned his head up and smiled with slight amusement at the two individuals who had stood beside him, one hand on each of his shoulders, for the entire duration of the transmission, ready to steady him should he betray the slightest sign of weakness.

?I think you two can let go now.?

Anakin Skywalker offered his old master a somewhat sheepish grin as he withdrew his hand and moved back to stand at the far side of the pilot?s compartment with his wife, Padmé Amidala Skywalker. On Obi-Wan?s other side, Sabé Nabberie removed her own hand somewhat more reluctantly, and remained by her long-lost lover?s side as he slowly raised himself out of the communication officer?s chair. The other occupants of the cockpit, including the Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu, kept their anxious eyes fixed on him as, with no small degree of difficulty, he drew himself up to his full height and turned around to face them.

Yoda was the first to speak. ?Successful, you were, Master Kenobi??

Obi-Wan inclined his head respectfully towards the ancient Jedi. ?Yes, Master.?

A look of deep solemnity settled across Yoda?s deeply lined face at Obi-Wan?s response. Slowly, his great head bowed and his body settled as if the weight of nearly one thousand years had been lifted from his shoulders. ?Then finished, it is.?

?Just like that?? Padmé asked, almost reverently. ?The war ... it?s over??

?Yes, Padmé,? Obi-Wan turned his head to look at her, a warm smile on his face. The smile, however, contained a visible hint of a wince. Though it disappeared quickly; the reassuring expression was not quite sufficient to fully mask the torturous strain which lingered just beneath the surface, the tremendous exertion it was costing him to stand upright unaided. Concern flickered in Anakin?s eyes as he watched his former master struggle to maintain his calm, unconcerned façade, and a brief flash of empathy mixed with guilt pierced his heart. From the unstated tension flickering in the room through the Force, he knew that Mace and Yoda had also noticed their colleague?s momentary loss of control.

Obi-Wa
  17. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh.My.Gosh.

:_| =D=

Everything was so wonderful - Ani & Padme, Obi & Sabe, Obi & Jadon...will we see the actual reunion? [face_praying]

?Anakin, before I leave ... there?s one thing I have to tell you.?

Anakin braced his shoulders nervously. ?What?s that, Obi-Wan??

Unexpectedly, Obi-Wan?s eyes warmed and a genuine, pain-free smile rose to his lips.

?You look like hell. As your friend, I feel I owe it to you to say that a little rest and relaxation wouldn?t hurt for you either.?

Anakin?s face broke into a sheepish smile, and the heavy atmosphere between them vanished like a thin wisp of smoke. ?Thanks, Obi-Wan.?

?Don?t mention it,? Obi-Wan replied, the faintest hint of a smirk tugging at his mouth. ?I?m sure I speak for Padmé when I say that it would be a shame if anything were to disfigure your perfectly arranged features any further.?

A moment of levity - and well needed.

Obi-Wan looked up at her, the tears which had been stinging his eyes throughout his entire conversation with his son now willingly and freely flowing down his face.

?He called me ?Father?,? he choked out softly. ?He said he l-loved ...?

The hidden source strength which had miraculously been aiding him was suddenly gone, and Obi-Wan was unable to continue. Sabé reached over and enfolded him in her arms. She said nothing at all but remained silently understanding as Obi-Wan, unable to contain himself any longer, allowed himself to cry heavily into her shoulder, every emotion which been tumultuously swirling within him since his return rushing finally unrestrained to the surface. Guilt, fear, anger, worry, despair, passion, happiness and above all, gratitude, detached themselves from his soul and slid silently into the crystal vessels falling from his eyes. One by one, he let them all go.

After a long while, he was relieved to find that he could not cry any more. He looked up and gently extricated himself from Sabé?s tender embrace, noticing as he did so that the woman he loved was subtly wiping away a few tears of her own. Sabé, noticing him looking, quickly offered up a smile.

?Do feel better now??

Obi-Wan smiled gratefully at her and let out a shallow sigh. ?I feel exhausted,? he told her truthfully. ?If I didn?t need that healing trance before, I definitely need it now.?

Heck, I'm exhausted, too, from all the emotion that just infuses this entire chapter.

Your redemption arc is just - perfect, understandable - merciful.
  18. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad that you decided to post this with the rest of the story. It seems like the healing is finally about to begin for all involved, and none to soon by the looks of it! Awesome job, and as always, looking forward to more!

6669 [face_devil]
  19. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    This deserved to go with the rest of the story, I'm so glad to see it here. I'd quote what I liked best, but then I'd quote the entire thing!

Obi-Wan's talk with Jadon was perfect, better then I had hoped.

Good luck with finals, and I can't wait for more!
  20. Vadidious Jedi Padawan

You did the right thing putting it in with the rest of the story. Fits in perfectly. And, as always, very well written. I don't suppose you're going to show their reunion?
  21. Ascal_Elessar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, as amazing as always.
  22. GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Absolutely awesome chapter! You really portayed every character exactly right.
    [face_love] the scene between Jaden and Obi-Wan, they really fit together.

Obi-Wan looked up at her, the tears which had been stinging his eyes throughout his entire conversation with his son now willingly and freely flowing down his face.

?He called me ?Father?,? he choked out softly. ?He said he l-loved ...?

:_| That is so emotional!:_|

You did a really good job and I think the extra chapter fitted into the main story perfectly.
  23. DountCooku Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very nice. :) Thanks for the update and the PM.
  24. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    I am glad I got the PM...

Nice to see the conclusion of this story. It has a hope for the future sort of setting now. Is this the official end?
  25. EGKenobi Force Ghost

star 3
    Amazing update.

Thanks for the PM

EG
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.