main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Shadow of Vader - A ROTS AU - The Fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi UPDATED 3/14/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Vastor, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
  2. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Interesting new developments. Assuming Obi-Wan kills Greivous as he originally did in ROTS, and Palpatine still has hopes of making him an apprentice, while turning Obi-Wan into a Sith would be bad, it would slow down his plans.

He will have to wait for Obi-Wan to return to Coruscant, and that will take time. If he activates Order 66, he runs the risk of one or more clones that encounter Obi-Wan killing him, or trying to kill him.

If circumstances result in Mace and his posse going off to deal with Palpatine as they did in ROTS, is it possible that Anakin might end up coming along for the ride from the beginning?

Obi-Wan and to a lesser extent Mace can't be the only Council members that actually like and respect Anakin, can they? I would have thought maybe Shaak Ti might be sympathetic to Anakin.

3. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    :eek: Bad Obi-Wan! [face_frustrated] I know you love Sabe, but couldn't you marry the girl first? I agree with Star_Drifter.

*drags Obi-Wan over by his ear* Bad Obi! [face_beatup]

Ani-maniac

4. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    OMG YAY! I love love love this story so much, you have no idea. It's just so perfect. You tie in canon so well, that you don't even notice that it isn't really how it played out. So good! I can't wait for more!!

Katana

5. Zaphod_Kenobi

Zaphod_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Personally, I don't see why Anakin wouldn't be permitted to accompany Mace and Co. After all, Mace is trying to befriend Anakin, and reinstate trust between the Chosen One and the Council.

6. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Jedi_Master_Jen: Unfortunately, you?re dead right. Obi-Wan is not going to be the same at all when he comes back. Alive, yes. In one piece, more or less. Same old Obi-Wan? Definitely not.

AngelQueen: You really are a sap. But that?s OK. Nothing wrong with that. :D I?m glad you liked the scene between Padmé and Obi-Wan. It was the one cut scene that I thought really should have been in the movie. I made some adjustments to it of course, but for the most part it?s intact. And yes, Obi-Wan would be a real hypocrite if he went and blabbed to the Council.

AP4EVER: Emotional roller coaster, eh? The ride doesn?t end here! Hopefully you?ll be on it for another few chapters. Padmé with the Force? Scary thought. But in a good way ?;)

Krayis_Korianis: Of course I?ll get you a PM. I?m glad you like the story.

Juliet316: I?m very sorry, but no, there will not be an R rated version. I can?t write that kind of stuff on my family?s computer, I?ll get into huge trouble. Sorry.:(

Jazz_Skywalker: It?s been a while, Jazz! Good to see that you?re still hanging in there!

Star_Drifter: Yes, Obi-Wan was not entirely appropriate there. But it had to happen. Of course, you can still [face_beatup] him if you want.

Pokey: Pokey! 3 AM? *Shudders* Awful time of night. On the plus side, I?m glad you enjoyed the last two posts so much!

Master_Jedi_Singh: Your posts are fun to read, Singh. Short and sweet.;)

Hyperion51: You ask a lot of questions! Yes, if Obi-Wan killed Grievous on Utapau, it would set Palpatine back. But he would find a way around it. He?s very skilled at adaptation.

You?re right, Mace and Obi-Wan are not the only members of the Council who sympathize with Anakin. Shaak Ti leans more to their side, and Yoda is much more open-minded than the others. But the rest of them are fools. They?re not necessarily bad, just blinded by their own arrogance.

Ani-maniac: You seem to be very opposed to Obi-Wan?s and Sabé?s sleeping together out of wedlock. I can fully sympathize with you on that, it wasn?t the best thing he could have done.

But, as I told Star_Drifter, it had to happen. It will actually be significant later. I needed to find a way to get it in, and since they only had twelve hours, I decided to go ahead and write it. Of course, I could have had them rush down the aisle first, but I decided that that was a lot less believable. This isn?t Las Vegas, after all.:D

Jedi_Katana: Good to see you too, Katana! I see your enthusiasm hasn?t dimmed. It means a lot to me that you?re so excited about this story.

Zaphod_Kenobi: You?re right in that Mace wouldn?t have a problem with it, but keep in mind that they are going to tackle the most powerful Sith Lord in a thousand years. They can?t afford the other Masters to be distracted. If they?re even the tiniest flicker of resentment in one of the other Masters, they?re all screwed. So Mace might put aside his own personal interests for the good of the group.

A quick side note. The people listed below are the ones who have requested a PM from me when I update. If you want one, if I?ve left you off by accident when you?ve requested one, or if your name is on the list and you don?t want one, please tell me. This is for my own peace of mind, so that I don?t send out accidental PMs or I don?t forget you if you want one.

Ani-maniac
    Sdhfs
    Pokey
    Crazydan
    Krayus_Korianis
    Jedi_Katana

Let me know if there?s anyone I?ve forgotten, or if you're name's on the list and you don't want one. Thanks!

And now here?s another post for my faithful readers.

Chapter 13

The official transport of the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic wove its way through the feverish lines of midday traffic. Any other vehicle would hove been waiting for an hour, but the Chancellor ? or indeed anyone riding in his shuttle ? had special clearance at the level of emergency vehic

7. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Palpatine shrugged. "They say his mind has become fogged by the influence of a certain female, possibly an aide ... or even a Senator."

:mad: *Growls* Even mildly suggesting such a horrible act is reason enough for him to have a slow, painful death...of course, I'm referring to the very last part of that sentance.

Marvelous battle between Obi & Grievous! And it's interesting to note that whenever they spoke, Obi-Wan conveyed more confidence (arrogance?) than normal.

Not quickly enough. Grievous? staff slammed onto his weapon arm with paralyzing force.

Ouch! If there were a 'wince' face, this would be when I'd use it.

The Jedi Master had put up a very good fight. He was dangerous, much too dangerous to be left alive. He should kill him now, and throw the body into the sinkhole.

But he couldn?t do that. Lord Sidious?s instructions had been very clear. The Jedi was to be delivered relatively intact, so that the Dark Lord could begin his work without a long convalescence period.

Needless to say, it seems that Sidious is ignoring Bane's warnings, and is pursuing a duo apprenticeship...it will be his undoing. And I'm hoping that happens by the end of ROTS events and WITHOUT Padme's death.[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

Another magnificiat post, Vastor. A battle scene to die for, and more thrills and chills on the emotionally rollercoster. Need I say that I can't wait to read more?:D

EDIT: Almost forgot, please add me to your PM list!

8. Zaphod_Kenobi

May 6, 2005
    :eek:
    That was... unexpected but, thinking back on it, necessary. Things would have been much too similiar to RotS if Obi-Wan succeeded in his mission to terminate Grievous.
    So now, we go back to Coruscant, and Anakin's message to Palpatine (that Obi-Wan has engaged Grievous), right? I wonder if Anakin's response to Palp's reaction will be different?

9. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Well this complicates things. As far as the Jedi will be concerned, Greivous will still be alive, and a threat. Palpatine can and likely will continue to push through his agenda on the political front, and the Jedi will not be able to stop him. OTOH, if Palpatine continues to push his boundaries, laying the foundations for the Empire, could Anakin start to realize that the Chancellor is becoming dangerous, even if he and the other Jedi don't realize that he is the Sith Lord they've been looking for? Maybe he will end up going with Mace and his posse from the beginning, instead of showing up after Mace's posse has been killed off. Or maybe Anakin will be smart and stay in the Temple, and be able to help defend or evacuate it if the Clones come.

Could the extra time that the Jedi have allow Mace to establish more of a trust with Anakin? Perhaps if Anakin does start to realize that the Republic is in danger from Palpatine's actions, and he talks with Mace, perhaps Mace might be willing to lay out his opinions on the matter.

Could you please add me to your list for a PM the next time you update?

10. Krayus_Korianis

Krayus_Korianis Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    WHAT.....A......FIGHT

Will you PM me on the next update?

11. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, I noticed that, too. But I absolutely loved that battle between them! It's one of my favorite parts of the movie and your changes flowed so well in it!

Anakin's new dream was also very interesting...

Could you add me to your PM list? I try and keep up, but they fall so quickly on the main page...

uppies!

jazz

12. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Ah, so that was the twist, or part of it, you mentioned. Nicely handled, can't wait for more!

Oh yeah, I'd also like to be on your PM list. Thanks!

13. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    I loved the Obi/Greivous fight! :D Your changes to the original were subtle and ingenious; you have a genuine gift for writing :) Please at me to you PM list. I love this story!

14. DARTH-DIABLO

DARTH-DIABLO Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    Just found this story today. I love it. Your grasp of the charcters is brilliant. I loved the line If General Grievous had suddenly burst into the Temple and started dancing with Jocasta Nu, Anakin would not have been more surprised.
    a few chapters ago. that was great. My own fic has Grevious in it and i won't be able to write him without laughing now. My fave Mace is being treated well too. look forward to the rest of this. Well done.

15. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    :D :D :D

So, Obi-Wan has now been captured and Sidious has plans for him. [face_laugh] *evil cackle*

Oh, I can't wait to find out what happens!!! :D

Please post soon!

Ani-maniac

16. jedi-k8

jedi-k8 Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    Can you add me to your PM list too, please? (it's difficult to know when there's an update otherwise as it doesn't say in the thread title)

It's interesting how not losing his lightsaber made things worse for Obi-Wan (being delayed by looking for it rather than just the blaster), when he told anakin it was very important not to lose (this weapon is your life).

I also liked how the fight had similarities to ROTS but differed. It makes readers think they know what's coming but then get suprised (I don't just mean the conclusion but throughout)

So since the beacon transmits vitals will they know Obi-Wan was in trouble before it went dead? That would be very good evidence he was killed and the fact that he failed could prove the council's falibility.

17. Darth_Cable

Darth_Cable Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    *Unlurks*

I could try and think of something new to say, but I'll just echo what everyone else said

WOW

This has been a real treat to read, and I thank you for it.

Could you possibly add me to your pm list?

18. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Now that Obi-Wan is going to become evil, is does this mean that Anakin could be the one talking one on one with Yoda on Bail Organa's ship? When/If it gets to that point, do you think you could possibly throw Shaak Ti in there, even if she's just an extra or gets killed off anyway later? Since she seems to be the only other Council member that hasn't treated Anakin like, or almost like dirt, maybe he will be kind enough to save her and some of the children.

19. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_not_talking] I'm still not talking to you, Obi-Wan. Meet my fist: [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup]

Obi-Wan: " :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| "

:rolleyes: If you had married her first, we wouldn't be having this discussion. And now look at the mess you've gotten yourself into. [face_shame_on_you] Don't expect any help from me, Greivous took over where I left off.

I don't think things are going to get better for you anytime soon, either.[face_whistling]

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Very very interesting. I wonder what kind of conditioning Sidious will treat Obi - Wan too?

I'm also curious about what Anakin's reaction to his Master's 'death' will be? Will he go after Grevious or will he stay put?

Don't worry about an R version of the last chapter. I was just wondering. :)

21. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    YES! Things are finally taking a turn for the better, I mean worse. Worse...of course I don't want to see Obi-Wan all evil and cool. Nope...not me. *smiles* Awesome work...can't wait for more.

Katana

22. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    And all of a sudden everything goes to hell(and the scary part is that things can only get worse). Grievous alive and Obi-wan capture?! And poor Ani, don't listen to Palpy, ONLY listen to Padme(she always has you best interests in mind!) Amazing chapter; the fight ruled, Palpy was scary and sinister, and poor Ani is just so confused. Love every word of it!

23. Master_Jedi_Singh

Jul 13, 2005
    again good stuff and good thing the post was long kept me in the story more

24. Zaphod_Kenobi

May 6, 2005
    Well, add me to your PM list. I don't wanna have to search for this when I get back from Universal Studios Orlando in about a week, give or take a day. I'm leaving at 4:30 AM tonight, so this might be my last post for a while.

May the Force be with you!

25. Master_Jedi_Singh

Jul 13, 2005
    forgot to say PM me to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.