main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Shadow of Vader - A ROTS AU - The Fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi UPDATED 3/14/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Vastor, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fall-From-Grace

Fall-From-Grace Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    *bites lip anxiously* when is there gonna be another update?!?!?!?

2. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    *Knock knock*

Who's there?

Up

Up who?

...Normally I would say "Up Yours!" followed by a very vulger insult. But in this case, my intention is not hostile, instead what I mean to say is...

UP!!!...please. I start school again this coming Wednesday! I need something that I want to read!:p

3. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Hello Everyone ...

*pauses to duck barrage of items thrown*

I am very, very sorry that I have not posted in such a long time! Darth Real Life has been keeping my nose to the grindstone. I have just started school and things have been insane. Writing English papers almost every night, plus dealing with homework in five other subjects, combined that with football practice and basketball training, means that I have had barely any time to write, to my displeasure.

That being said, I am very close to finishing my next post. I doubt that it will be worth the long wait, but if I can clear away at least part of my homework it should be up very soon, possibly even later today.

I sincerly hope that I have not lost any readers because of my abscence, and I will try to make it up to you with my next few posts.

Darth Vastor

4. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Nah. Trust me, I know exactly what you are going through with the homework stuff. My Spanish professor.... ugh.

5. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *smiles* I think you'll find that there are many hear who know exactly what you are going through, Vastor. I myself am rather irritated with the educational system. Well, in my case, it's just one class in particular: Latin 111. Evil thing that it is. Stupid foreign language requirement. *sulks*

As a result of the stupid class, I barely have time to write at all during the week. I usually allot myself a day on the weekend to work on my stories, if I'm able. But even then, it wasn't enough to finish the epilogue of the story I'm currently working on.

Again, no worries. And I'm positive that the post will be worth it! This is such a great story to read, how could it possibly not be?

Hugs and good luck with school! :) [:D]

AQ

6. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *bumps in anticipation* ;)

7. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    Writing English papers almost every night, plus dealing with homework in five other subjects, combined that with football practice and basketball training, means that I have had barely any time to write, to my displeasure.

I feel your pain. Trust me, it only get's worse. And once you get the hang of something, something else will come by and trip you face-first into the mud...Once you start college, you'll know what I mean.

Would love to have a post tonight, but please take your time. There's no deadline here! :cool:

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    In spite of what we like, real life has to come first... :rolleyes:

Yet, isn't it strange that if you don't take care of Darth Real Life first,
    it seems to take care of you! [face_beatup]

Do what must be done! ;)

And write when you have the time! [face_mischief]

9. Darth_Vastor

Jun 24, 2005
    After 26 excruciating days, I finally have an update for you!

I had a ton of other stuff I wanted to include in this post, but I decided that you guys needed an update now. So I'm spliting this chapter. I hope to have the next part up this weekend. Hopefully.

Since I made you wait so long, how would you feel if I shortened the chapters? I know that several of you have mentioned liking the current length, but if they're shorter, I could post more often. Let me know what you guys think.

No individual replies this time; they take too long. But I'll get to them next time, I promise.

And here it is ...

Chapter 15

He awoke to pain.

All his nerves were on fire. Lying on the cold floor of his cell, every inch of his body screamed in torment. The slight effort of sucking in a ragged breath tore at his insides like he had swallowed a knife. He was dead, he must be. No one could endure this and live. Yet if he was dead, he wouldn?t be hurting, would he?

He moved his arms slightly, sending a fresh wave of agony coursing through his veins. In a furious movement, he brought them under his body and pushed himself to his knees. Every cell in his body cried in protest at the attempt, and he heard himself scream. Immediately he keeled over again, unable to support himself. He remained where he fell, panting in agony. Maybe he shouldn?t try to move yet.

Lying on his back, Obi-Wan tried to direct his throbbing head to an activity that would not cause him to black out. How about trying to find a part of your body that doesn?t hurt?

A short time later he stopped. No use. He was hurting in places he wasn?t even aware had existed until now. He could feel every single bone, muscle, and tendon in his body crying out for relief. He tried futilely to draw upon the Force to ease his pain. He still could not reach it. It remained as inaccessible as ever.

He did not know how long he laid there, sucking in breath after painful breath. Ten minutes or ten hours, it meant little to him. Time was as absent as the Force.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the pain began to recede. Tenderly, he raised himself to his knees, and then to his feet. His legs shook badly beneath him. He was amazed that they were even able to support his weight. Despite the agony, he was not physically injured. Grievous had not crippled him in any way.

The General was nowhere to be seen. The door had been shut again, leaving Obi-Wan in total darkness. He could not see his hands, his body, or the cursed chains that bound him. He gave the chains another experimental tug. They were as sturdy as before. There was no way to break them using his own physical strength, even if he had been in peak condition at the moment. But as strong as they were, the chains were just linked metal rings. They had to have some kind of weakness.

Blindly, he began to feel his way backwards toward the wall of his cell, using the chains to guide him. After he had walked about ten feet, he reached it. Dropping to his knees again, he ignored the sharp stab of pain in his shaking legs and ran his hands over the wall, trying to locate the place the chains were bound to the wall. There.

There were two slightly raised areas on the otherwise smooth wall. The chains were bolted into these areas. It felt very secure. A few tugs at them confirmed his suspicions; the chains had been freshly installed. And those raised areas weren?t just slabs of duracrete, they were control boxes. The chains were electrified. No wonder he felt terrible. Grievous must amused himself by shocking his prisoner?s unconscious body, taking a sick pleasure in every spasmodic twitch.

Out of sheer frustration, Obi-Wan yelled. The sound did not reverberate back to him, but was swallowed by the blackness without an echo. He charged back toward the center of the room, stopping only when the jerk from the chains threatened to pull his arms out of their sockets. The sudden clinking stopped just as quickly.

Obi-Wan took a deep breath. He needed to

10. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    OMGOMGOMG! New post!!! Sooo awesome, as I am really loving slightly evil Obi-Wan. Can't wait for more.

Oh, and I would be more than willing to read shorter chapters.

Katana

11. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    He didn?t hate Grievous. He would not hate Grievous. He would not hate anyone.

Yet...the same part of him that kept whispering these dark urges was taking a soothing pleasure at the thought of Grievous lying on the floor at his feet, crushed and beaten. His fingers twitched, and for a moment they tightened on air, squeezing the metal neck of the general, destroying the support structure, tearing the head from the body...

:eek: Woah damn...

?Tell me, how is dear Sabé??

:eek: Holy Shi...Sheist! How the hell did he?...wait a minute. It should be obvious as to how he knows.[face_frustrated]

?What is Kenobi?s status?? Sidious asked shortly. ?Have you made any headway??

?I believe so, My Lord,? Grievous said. ?He puts up quite a show of strength, but he is beginning to show signs of cracking. The altered files that you provided were particularly distressing to him.?

Just as I thought.

"I will remind you once again that his life is far more valuable to me than your own."

If that doesn't strike a nerve, nothing will!

So the process to turn Obi-Wan to the Darkside has begun. They're playing on his doubts and trying to create new ones. Not good at all.

Thanks for the update and PM, Vastor. Appreciate it very much I do. Can't wait to read more!:D

12. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Holy... :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh dear lord... He's cracking! Obi's going to lose it! The seeds of distrust are slowly being sewn within his mind! *sob* What will happen to Sabé now?

*tries to clobber that blasted robot along with that horribly-dressed master of his* You complete and utter FREAKS!! :mad: :mad: How dare you do this to him! No, this can't be happening... Where is Qui-Gon?! He watches over Anakin, struggles to make him hear him during the Tusken Raider Massacre, does he not watch out for Obi-Wan as well?

*wipes away a tear* Vastor, this post was definitely worth the wait! :) Excellent job!

AQ

13. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, I'm all for Obi-Wan taking down Grievous in any way after he threatened Sabe... Dark or light....

Thanks for the PM!

uppies!

jazz

14. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    :D :D :D

Evil Obi is such a wonderful thing...:D

I can't wait for the next part!

Wonderful job! [:D]

Ani-maniac

15. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Thanks for the PM! Excellent work, I love how Sidious is getting Obi-Wan to go dark... so Sidious-y.

16. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    So Obi-Wan is slowly breaking. Interesting, and yet, I can't help but think that in his efforts to bring Kenobi to his side, Sidious may very well end up losing Anakin as an apprentice, or at least have Anakin become harder to get to.

Given all the Greivous has done to Kenobi, is it possible that taking on and killing Greivous could be the thing that eventually drives Obi-Wan to the dark side?

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OMG. Not good at all!!

Come on Obi-Wan you know that can't be right! Don't break on us now. It's all useless isn't it?? *sobs*

More soon!

18. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Your doing such an amazing job with Obi-wan's fall, it's almost painful to watch. You're just tearing him apart, I almost want to put my hands over my eyes and wait for it to be over but that doesn't really work with Fanfiction. A-maz-ing chapter, definetly worth the wait. I have to say though, Obi-wan shouldn't compare his realationship with Padme and Anakin's, it is so different. Although it makes sense that he would, since they are the only couple that he is close to.

19. DARTH-DIABLO

DARTH-DIABLO Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    Great update. Really great work.
    Obi-Wan is beginning to crack.[face_worried]
    I like ur writing of Grevious. Very good. I like how he's planning to protect to himself against Obi-Wan if he turns. I hope the General realises he can't trust Sidious either and makes plans against him. I like to see villians stab each other in the back.
    Looking forward to the next chapter.

20. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Kenobi?s last attachment, his friendship with Anakin Skywalker, would be the toughest to break. Not only were the two men closer than brothers, but Lord Sidious intended to have them both as servants. It wouldn?t do for the heirs to the Sith legacy to be out for each other?s blood. As Lord Sidious had said, they would need to break their bonds, but in such a way that they could be re-forged in the power of the Darkside.

Mwahahahaha! :D

Need I say more? ;)

21. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh, goodness. What a mess!

I've fallen in love with this ficcy. Your style is so fluid and seamless, your descriptions so vivid.

Bravo. Cliffhangers and I have a love-hate relationship; please update as soon as you can.

(I'd very much appreciate a PM. Thank you in advance! @};- )

22. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    Fantastic update! Obi is cracking nicely. Grevious has good reason to fear Kenobi. Regardless of whether he falls or not, I have a feeling that he will die by Obi?s hand. Thanks for the PM. I have no problems with the current length, but if you want to shorten them to get the updates out faster I?m sure I can live with that. ;)

23. Darth_Vastor

Jun 24, 2005
    Hey everyone! Here's the other part of that post I promised. I'll get PM's out as soon as I can. There might be a slight delay, though.

Jedi_Katana: Slightly evil Obi-Wan will only be slightly evil for a few more posts.

AP4EVER: Yes, it?s a dirty trick they?re playing on him. But since when did Sidious ever play fair?

Angel Queen: Qui-Gon will start to appear in this story, but sadly, it won?t be enough to save Obi-Wan.

Jazz_Skywalker: An Obi-Wan/Grievous showdown is in store soon. Hope you can wait until then!

Ani-maniac: Yeah, evil Obi-Wan is pretty cool. And it?s so much fun to write. ;)

CherryLightsaber: Manipulation is the name of the game ? Sidious?s game. He?s a master at it, even though he tends to cheat to win.

Hyperion51: Very astute observation! Yes, it will make it harder in the short term, but keep in mind that without Obi-Wan?s guidance, Anakin will be more susceptible to Sidious?s influence.

As for the prediction of the Obi-Wan/Grievous confrontation, you?re right on.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Obi-Wan?s sense of right and wrong is starting to blur, I?m afraid.

Pokey: Thank you very much! :) It painful to tear Obi-Wan down like this, but for a Jedi of his caliber, it?s the only way to break him.

DARTH-DIABLO: All villains turn on each other in the end. Grievous is all about self-preservation, which is why he?s afraid of Obi-Wan. But right now, he knows he?s still useful to Sidious, so he isn?t making plans. That might be a mistake.

Star_Drifter: Not really, Star_Drifter. The meaning is clear. ;)

Fluff-Slayer: Thank you very much! I?ll get you a PM.

jpauln: Good to know you?d be willing to read shorter chapters.

Chapter 16

Anakin paced the Archives of the Jedi Temple. He did not know how long he had been walking, and he had lost count of the number of disapproving glances that Jocasta Nu had thrown his way. He was absorbed in his thoughts, and nothing else mattered at the moment. His mind was a place where he could hide his true feelings; his worries, his anger, his guilt. No one, not even Obi-Wan, had ever been able to truly understand what he concealed in his haven.

It was a haven no longer.

Rounding the corner of a stack of shelves, he made his way down a long, deserted aisle. Lately his once-impenetrable defense had been weakening as he took hits that he could not ignore. First it had been the ordeal on the Invisible Hand, then his less-than warm reception to the Jedi Council. The vision of Padmé?s death and the dark figure that continued to haunt his dreams. And now, the loss of his best friend and the only father figure he had ever known.

He still couldn?t accept that Obi-Wan was gone. Though it had now been almost a week since he had disappeared, Anakin refused to let go. If he allowed his memory of Obi-Wan to slip away, then his darkening world would fade to black.

The news of Obi-Wan?s disappearance had sent a deep shock throughout the Order. Many Jedi had fallen over the course of the war, but no one had entertained the possibility that Obi-Wan Kenobi could ever be among them. He and Anakin had built such legendary reputations that many of the younglings believed that they were invincible, and some of the Knights had not been to far from that belief either. No matter how many enemies opposed them, no matter how dark the situation, Obi-Wan and Anakin would emerge victorious, and come home safely.

Now that belief had been shattered. The Masters were being very careful to prevent the younglings, as well as the general populace, from learning what had happened. Few had been aware of the mission to Utapau, but those who did know were being given strict orders not to discuss it. Anakin could not blame them for trying to keep it quiet; the situation could quickly spiral out of control if too many people knew. Yet those who had spoken about it did not seem

24. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    He did not know how long he had been walking, and he had lost count of the number of disapproving glances that Jocasta Nu had thrown his way.

[face_laugh] I'm sorry, that made me chuckle.

If Obi-Wan could die, his angel could too. And that would destroy him.

He has no idea...:(

...Grievous has captured Obi-Wan, and somehow evaded our searchers. However, given the speed with which we moved, it is very unlikely that he would have been able to get off-planet.

But don't discount it!

?The matter will not be put to vote?? Pablo-Jill asked incredulously.

?No,? Mace said coldly. ?It will not. Obi-Wan Kenobi has served the Jedi Order and the Republic loyally for thirty years. I know that every one of us here is deeply grateful for all he has done. We will not abandon him just because it makes good tactical sense.?

=D= Get the cheerleaders! Mace is on a roll!=D=

"It is against our principles.?

?This coming from someone who doesn?t have any,? Anakin interjected coldly.

Can you say, burned![face_beatup] [face_beatup]

?As it just so happens, Master Windu, we do have a suitable nominee,?

:mad: That little anal-dwelling tick! This was a setup!:mad:

He had mastered the forms so quickly that after two sessions, during sparring practice, he had disarmed his instructor in under a minute, in front of two hundred knights and masters of the Order.

That's gotta sting!

?Go to hell.?

:eek: :eek: :eek: ...Did it suddenly get freezing in here?

Obi-Wan, hear me ...

Could it be?

Yes, my old friend. It?s been a long time.

It is!:)

Ah, yes. Your uplifting conversation with your former mentor.

AH S...SHEIST! He heard![face_worried]

Really? Like what? Be strong, don?t give in? Rather vague, don?t you think? Why didn?t he tell you how to escape? How to break those chains that bind you? A Jedi Master powerful enough to speak from beyond the grave surely possesses those secrets.

He's BS-ing you Obi-Wan! Don't fall for it!

But then again, doesn't the title revolve around just that? Still, I can't help but scream at my screen.

Magnificiant chapter, Vastor! The way you write the characters, makes you feel as if you're right in their...boots. And you've really got the drama flowing like a waterfall here. I love it! Can't wait to read more!:D

25. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    GRRRRR I want to kill Pablo-Jill.

Anakin rulezz he also seems to be going down the darkpath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.