main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Shadow Sith Army v.3: Now with Spam and Flirt Blockers

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Cobranaconda, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    And this is the problem. You've had time. And all that happens is that conversations run around in circles and nothing gets done.

That is why it would be better to disband this group and those that are able to can help in established games and the WNU. I've already said it. Skiara has done a kickin' job revamping the Adoptions program.

2. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    One of the main reasons nothing ever happened was because of the drama that always surrounded the group. Drama that is slowly starting to appear again after a short example of decent contructive discussion in here.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Drama? Or somebody asking the hard questions.

4. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Grant, in my experience, it generally takes at least two people to create drama. Otherwise, it's just one person acting a fool while the others stay focused and keeps on task.

I don't know all that's been going on since I retired since I tried to avoid even hearing about whatever drama was going on. Strife would be more up on it since he off and on checked in.

Personally, I don't care who started it. I don't care who helped keep the cycle going and who is just happened to get sucked into it all.

If you want there to be any chance of anything positive getting accomplished, all of you have to drop the accusations of drama and infighting and relearn to work together.

Working together doesn't mean you have to be friends. It doesn't mean you have to like each other's ideas. It doesn't mean you can't be cursing them out like a sailor in your head. Just that you focus on the job at hand, listen to other's input, and do what's best for the situation...even if you otherwise don't like to deal with the person you work with.

Just pretend to be civil.

Because if you all can't do that, Strife and I might as well walk away now for all the good all our typing has done.

5. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    You're right Maulfly, as usually.

My apologies. :)

6. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Hey, it ain't me that needs the apology...nor I that can give it if one needs to be given.

But I sense that's something that will need to be worked out by all parties involved before anything can truly be accomplished in good faith.

7. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I agree with everything that Maulfly has posted. Exceptional posting, Mauly.

But I also think that beafet hit upon a key issue:

Look. There just isn't the need for the SSA as it was conceived. I don't think I need to explain the specifics - the mods all do their jobs admirably, and quite honestly, a group like this exists now only to make people feel more important than perhaps they really are in the scheme of things. If there is a problem, more than likely the mods will get it before the users even notice.

I'm not saying that the JC has no problems. The JC drastically needs focus on forum cross-promotion. FanForce needs an online presence more than ever. Jada, I respectfully disagree with you about WNU. A new bunch of oldbies would do more damage than good there.

However, if this group survives or evolves, it cannot be with the focus as it has now. It must be as a social group PRIMARILY, and at the moment there are too many people with too many issues to make that work. As an aside, I think it would be great if it was set up as a fundamentally grassroots organisation with the power to help out the boards in general as the time arose (I know that having the SSA in FFC would have really helped about 6 months ago). But for the group to survive, it must be because we like chatting to each other. And I don't think that's going to happen.

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    just got home, read thru the posts, (well, most-I get to skip over maulfly's because I'm special :p) and I believe there is no wait time on being a social thread as there are none in line right now. Hopefully, with some work, we can get something together by either June 1 or barring that June 15.

I've got some ideas for you, but need to hash them out first before putting them forward.

9. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Dead again?

10. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    just hashing everything out for the revamp, and keeping 'teh drama' to the offsite.

In social news, Maulfly passed her driver's exam today. She now has a licence to drive to go with her licence to kill. :p

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002

you sick bastage. :p

Now...I see this and am equally disturbed:

As one of the other co-creators (along with Cobra) your constant bickering and underhandedness towards certain members have cost this group its Leaders, its members and its dedication.

You have tried to destroy this group for almost a year, and have quit on the group on several occassions.

YOU EVEN ASKED ME FOR MY PASSWORD TO SHUT DOWN THE OFFSITE BOARD. Then you ask me to back you up on this.

I am tired of your intrusions into the SSA, especially when you have quit on the group.

I did not shut the board down, because it is MY BOARD, MY MONEY SPENT ON THE URL, and I DID NOT QUIT THE SSA, I just don't have time to deal with JC drama, when I have to find a job and take care of 2 kids.

You have your options in the PM that I sent you. Do what you must do.

But leave the SSA alone. Let the current members try to get things right without your interference.

Step away from the boards, get your life in order, because that is more important than a message board.

To all other members of the SSA:

It is time to make a decision. Retire from the group or step up and help the leadership get the ship right again.

Once I have time (after finding a job for myself), I will be back in some capacity to assist you all.

I will also say that those that wish the SSA to go away: either get off your high horse and help fix the problem or leave.

Sincerely,

J.Sat
    co-creator of the SSA

12. darth_da

darth_da Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2005
    hmm, so im guessing this isnt a great time to join then?

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Shawn,

What is amusing is that your only motivation in having the SSA set up was to retaliate at the Dark Lords for kicking you out. After years of defending you, fighting for you [you and the other Game Hosts all have VIPship because of alot of behind the scenes work I did with the administration on that] and even helping with with college work you can't even back me up.

You got your so-called revenge on the Dark Lords.

The SSA was never that for me. It was a chance to help the boards.

As for your PM swearing at me, don't send me a PM like that again. The next time I will be asking an Admin to open it and take action.

Also just to clarify, what I asked was for you to turn off the offsite so that EVERYONE would have a chance to cool down and all the personal insults being hurled around would stop [I've already been told I'm gay and can't parent my child :rolleyes:]. I didn't ask you to delete it. I guess you misunderstood that or you don't understand that is an option with the IV sites.

14. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, everyone, this thread isn't to air the personal differences about the SSA. Both parties have had their say and let's leave it at that. This thread will remain open until Friday when I'll expect a decision about the future of this group. Until then, feel free to have general discussions about group happenings but leave the personal issues out of here. Thank you.

15. Jedi_Mark

Jedi_Mark Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 11, 2004
    JCC We Know Drama!

16. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Heh, QFT.

Anyway, just to give people an idea of what direction the group will be taking (For those that don't visit the offsite):

Voting is happening on a new leader. Currently there are three candidates and the voting is currently 3-1-0 with one vote left to come, which means we have a new leader, we're just waiting for final confirmation. The structure will also be changed somewhat, Strife's "Leader/Vice-Leader" plan will be placed into action and the CoM abolished. The Advisory Council will continue to exist in order to give a balanced view and a way of democracy in what will probably be seen as a dictatorship, and it will probably be made up of 3 members. Terms for the leader will last 6 months, and after this vote the voting will be with the memberbase. This time it isn't, however, because the memberbase seems to consist of 5 active people. Any member of the group will be able to call for a vote of no confidence in the leader, but in order for it to be ratified 2/3 of the group will need to agree. The leader will pick his/her Vice Leader, which will then be ratified by the AC and then the group. If a consensus is not reached then another candidate will be chosen by the leader, and so on and so forth until we get a vice leader.

As for the basic aims and structure, Strife or Boogie are the ones to ask, as they're the ones who've done most of the actual planning for the new setup. But basically, we aim to be more of a "help the boards through bringing them together" rather than "report trolls that the mods have probably already seen anyway." Some ideas are to take some of the Amphitheatre Hosted Threads (I have one, and another one staked, and Boogie has about 4), do indeces, FFC helping, WNU helping (Yes, we acknowledge that Jada has helped us with this conclusion), and to generally have fun. Hence why we want to change our name to "Vader's Mousedroid Society", but if we do that then we have to go on a waiting list :p We'll decide soon enough whether to keep with the SSA or go with VMS.

We're also going to invite new members this time, instead of just waiting for them to find us, and we'll try and bring former members back into the fold. However, our emphasis this time won't be so "Training-centric". Sure, we'll train a bit, but we're going in a different direction, which means we'd need to redo all the missions anyway, other than a few, like the "Post 5 times and start a new thread in the Senate" one.

The Mission Statement: "To help make the site we are at as fun and enjoyable to all users as possible. Everyone is welcome to hang and post with us."

The rank system also gets an overhaul. We're doing away with all this wishy-washy Appy/Knight/Master and Army stuff. Leaders and AC are just "The Darth's", others are Dark Knights or (For newer members): Mousedroid 0001836 (Or other completely random number).

Anyway, that's what we've got so far, and two more days to figure out the rest :p

17. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    heh. "the Darths".

Sounds like a good name for a band. :p

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    The "plan" looks like it is shaping up.

I would suggest that perhaps just going with The Shadow Sith Army: Vader's Mousedroid Society.

As I said at the offsite, my vote to leadership goes to Strife.

19. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    This thread/group is like, spontaneously combusting. And i'm always away during...stuff. There are like 2 and 1/2 pages I have to read through to figure out whats goin' on.

20. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I say it's those long posts that make people leave this group.

21. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'll post one line summaries for you in the future then :p

22. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    OK but no long words please.

23. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Good post, Cobra. That's pretty much the essence of the group, and a change for good, I believe.

I am also pleased to see tempers calming. There is no more purpose to be served by arguing back-and-forth-and-back-and-forth?

As Cobra said, everything will be fully put in motion momentarily. Most details have been negotiated and we are pretty much ready to step, blinking, into the sunlight after our clandestine negotiations? I mean, behind-the-scenes working for good. :p

24. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    Summary please.

25. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Summary: Things are going well. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.