main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Hanger Bay, Hellfire orbiting Saridona Prime

Stepping back he had leaned upon the hull of the shuttle. He wasn't needed for the fighting. He wasn't needed for the teams. He wasn't needed to do much of anything. Except stay aware. Pushing the thoughts of the idle queen in the recovery tank, and the Sith soldier before him who sought the strongest queen and breeding techniques that relied on conflict to generate an ever stronger hive filled with soldiers. Wasps. Yes wasps fit that model best.

Soon it was being bantered about that they release the Sith to help with the shields. It wasn't their mission, but theirs was by far one of the more grueling. They had to wait. Of all the insufferable options they had to hold station and wait to see how or where they would be needed if at all, or merely as a cover for an evac from this insurgent strike team. As though they had that option without at least severely crippling this behemoth monster of a Palleon Class first.

Still he held his thoughts, as he hands up to lay one ontop of the other on his chest. A deaths pose in many cultures. He simply laid against the hull of the ship and tapped his thumbs to a beat only he could hear. "You do anything to promote strife," he tapped a couple times into the silence, "and your vision of us standing together will be right before I gut you as the insect you will have proven yourself to be.."

If one knew anything of Kubaz culture, that was to be removed from the realms of morality. It didn't matter what happened to bug. They were food or tools. Nothing more and given no more thought.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

2. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace
    Stockade, Temple of Light

"What are you doing down here?" For some reason Ian was surprised to see Padawan Takkoo, even though he had been expecting to see him guarding the outer doors to the prison cells. Maybe it was because he was so focused on seeing her, Darth Sixtus, that he had forgotten all about any guards he might encounter. Or maybe it was his fear blinding him, or maybe his enthusiasm. Whatever the cause, he had come all this way and hadn't given a second (or a first even) thought as to how to deal with such a situation. Now what was he going to do?

His fists clenched at the unspoken question. His thoughts wandered to the lightsaber on his belt. Padawan Takkoo seemed unaware, he could probably (maybe) kill him before the Rodian Padawan could raise and alarm, or defend himself. But Ian wasn't sure if he was ready to take the life of another just yet. Maybe he could just maim Padawan Takkoo? Ian imperceptibly shook his head at that notion, he doubted he had that kind of power just yet. What if he failed? Worse still, what if Darth Sixtus rejected him? Then that recourse would he have, who and where could he turn then? Ian didn't know, and that made him even more fearful. "I'm not supposed to let anyone in to see the prisoner without orders."

"Orders?" Ian whispered, of course. He drew upon his fears and the words formed on his lips almost without thinking now. "I have orders to interrogate the prisoner," he said confidently, if not a little coldly. That confidence would give strength to his lie, he thought as he faltered slightly. "A few specific questions that Master Pi.." No, not Master Piim he raged inwardly at himself, Padawan Takkoo could confirm that with her. "That the Grandmaster," much better he thought. The Grandmaster was away, there was no way to reach him and ask him for the truth! "The Grandmaster,"he repeated, "wanted some questions answered in his absence and asked me to conduct a...quiet interview of the prisoner." Was his deception working Ian wondered, if not he would have no recourse but to either turn back or attack Padawan Takkoo, and Ian had no idea what would happen to him if forced to take either of those actions. "It won't take long."

Tag Bardan_Jusik

3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Hellfire Bridge Bound

Why not both? Suraya frankly proposed, then stepping into the lift and igniting her blade cut a circular hole in its roof which ended with a heavy clang of glowing red metal at her feet. Should those in the tube need to make a quick exit…they can spring through here, she said pointing with the tip of her blade towards her handiwork.

Before splitting into two teams...perhaps one of us should swiftly ascend the ladder and see what they can see from above? That way they could easily relay any messages of what they observe from the upper floors down the shaft verbally before the rest of us depart…since we just discovered the comms are out.

Looking around at her Besh counterparts she could possibly guess as to which options might appeal to each particular Jedi by indiscriminately noticing their facial expressions before turning a compassionate smile towards one in particular…padawan Ka, would you be willing to lead the charge by being the first to navigate the ladder and hopefully giving us the all clear...that is, if such a plan sounds feasible to everyone?

TAG Bardan_Jusik Zurros Ka

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Hellfire

"No it certainly won't be." Knight Letali responded to Semajjs own musing. That definitely didn't make him feel better. He shifted nervously on his feet as he scanned the map. One tunnel led to another, perhaps? No, he soon realized those paths led only to dead ends, and one to the airlock. Once again he sighed slightly as he returned to square one. Just then he heard Knight Loother had run off on her own shouting "I'll try this direction," In her wake. Semajj felt uncomfortable with such reckless negligence of planning. He trusted in the force as well as anyone, but it was always good to have a plan B at least.

The Ongree looked awkwardly between Master Kasumi, and Jedis Dareagen, and Letali, wanting to speak up, or reference how foolish running off seemed to him, but not wanting to go out of bounds. A moment later Letali had come to the conclusion Loother had in fact gone the correct direction, so Semajj didn't object. Instead he ran with the rest of the pack of Jedi working to catch up to the loose canon.

The new hall way was narrower, and the tension in the group did not seem to ease at all. Soon the whole group had stopped, hopefully intent on actually thinking through what they had to do next instead of just charging forward. Good, perhaps they might just survive this yet.

He looked ahead past the group leaders only to feel disappointed as he noticed the reason they had stopped was in fact only because a ray shield had halted their advance. "So...now what?" was the question at hand, and what a question it was. Soon idea's began being shot back and forth, with Jedi Dareagen being the first to chip in.
    "Well, I've got a few ideas that don't involve back tracking. And being the guardian I am, they all involve a lightsaber. If the projector for this shield is somewhere where we can get at it we can destroy it. Also if we can get at the power coupling that getting juice to it, we can cut that and bring down the shield. The last option is cutting below, above or to the side of us, and going around this, cutting our way back in once we are on the other side."
    "Must everything involve lightsabers?" Semajj spoke quietly, slightly amused at the older Jedis bluntness.
    Master Kasumi responded next.
    “I hate to say this, but they have been expecting us. There was no alarm raised, and now this. There has to be a better way to get to where they say the Jedi are. Knight Dareagen, while I like that idea….I almost feel the Sith expecting that. However, I think you are on to something. Distraction is the key in this mission I believe. Both for them, and for us.”
    She spoke the truth, and Semajj knew it. He liked the idea, and as she went over to the panel and began rewiring the system, he turned to the others attempting to gage their reaction. It was a good idea, and whether or not they liked it, it was probably the best chance they had.

“Go. This won’t last for long. Knight Dareagen, as soon as everyone is in…." She said gesturing to the open service duct, " Make it look like we were able to get through this trap using a saber. Then follow the others, I will bring up the rear. I am going to keep the cameras dark for as long as I can. And cover you all."
    He nodded, whispering slightly "May the force be with you Master.", and he followed orders without hesitation. Quickly he began to climb into the cramped area without even looking to see if any of the others were following him.
    Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, galactic-vagabond422, Runjedirun, Rebecca_Daniels, Coffee_Ninja,

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: padawan Takkoo (NPC)
    Guarding the door outside the Stockade, Temple of Light.

"Orders?" It seemed to be almost a question from padawan Thrace. Of course orders padawan Takkoo thought, looking at Thrace more closely. He seemed nervous, no wonder the Mandalorian called him Twitchy. "I have orders to interrogate the prisoner." Well that made sense, you'd be crazy to come down here without them. He seemed more confident now as well, which put Takkoo at ease.

"A few specific questions that Master Pi.." He seemed confused again, but with everything going on who wasn't? "That the Grandmaster, the Grand Master wanted some questions answered in his absence and asked me to conduct a...quiet interview of the prisoner." Takkoo chewed on that mentally for a beat. He wasn't sure that padawan Thrace would be the best to conduct interviews of a Sith Lady, but who was he to countermand the orders of the Grand Master? Not like he could ask Grand Master Zey about it either, nor would he bother any one else on the council, not while an important mission was under way. Nodding his agreement he unlocked the armored doors and let padawan Thrace inside. "It won't take long."

IC: Darth Sixtus (NPC)
    Stockade, Temple of Light.

Closing her eyes Darth Sixtus could feel Ian's presence just out beyond the hatch. There was confusion there from the guard, along with anticipation and not a small amount of fear from Thrace. Good, good, she thought to herself. "Use your fear Ian," she spoke quietly to herself. A moment later the door opened admitting young Thrace into the stockade. She waited, eyeing him as the hatchway closed behind him and was locked from the outside by the Rodian guard. Good, they were alone now. Alone at last. She had been waiting for this moment since before their arrival to Saridona Prime. She had doubted before, but now she knew. This was the time.

"Hello Ian," she purred. "I've been expecting you."

TAG: Gotab

IC: Hector Zey/Elim Rand (NPC)/Knight Arer (NPC)/Knight Menal (NPC)
    Leading Besh Team to the bridge, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

"Why not both?"

Zey smiled as Knight Archisa laid out her plan. "Excellent idea", he said as he boarded the lift behind Knight Archisa and waited for padawan Ka to ascend the access hatch ladder to scout out the upper deck ahead of them. No sooner had he boarded the lift then he sensed something was wrong. The look on everyone else's face told him that they had felt it too. There was a low metallic groan coming from the wall of the lift, like the locking mechanism holding it in place letting go. "Sithspit," Zey cried out as he pushed Knight Archisa back through the still lift door.

The Jedi Knight landed quite gracefully Zey was surprised to note, surprised not that she had performed such a feat, but that he had time to notice, fore even as he did so his heart seemed to drop into his stomach. The tangle of herself and other Jedi at the door though prevented his own escape from the lift as the locking bars broke free and the lift tumbled down the shaft, bringing Zey along with it to his doom.

Or it would have been his doom were it not for the neatly cut escape route Knight Archisa had so alertly cut into the top of the lift car. Gathering the Force to himself, Zey lept through it, landing on the lip of the still open shaft doorway as the lift car dropped out of sight down below. Someone, perhaps Knight Archisa or padawan Ka, they were the closest, grabbed onto him, steadying him so he wouldn't plummet backwards back after the now fallen lift. "Thank you," he said to whomever it was that had caught him. "And thank the Force for your escape route," he winked to Knight Archisa. The easy trap he had nearly fallen (literally) into had fazed him, but he didn't want the others to know it. They were playing the Sith's game, and he needed to inspire confidence in these Jedi, not give them cause to worry further.

Taking a deep breath and moving back into the corridor (the lift shaft doors now closed behind him) he looked at the access hatch and the ladder inside. "Well, now that's our only way up." He entered uneasily, taking point. With this as their only alternative he wanted to make sure to lead from the front, he couldn't ask any Jedi to do something he wouldn't do himself. Quickly, the group ascended the ladder and made their way up to the uppermost deck of the main hull. Amazingly, there was nothing there to block their path, nor had they encountered any problems while in the access tube. Zey didn't understand it, it was the perfect choke point, and their only means of getting to this point. Why, especially after their lift option had been taken away so dramatically, had they been allowed this easy and unguarded route? Zey blinked the question away, he shouldn't question the Force, or their good fortune. As it was, they were much nearer their goal than they were before.

"Good," he took stock making sure the entirety of Besh team had made it out of the access hatch. "This deck is the main junction between the main hull and the command tower. From here, we should be able to find a lift that will take us all the way to the bridge now." He ignored the simultaneous groans from Knight's Arer and Menal, though Knight Rand saw fit to comment.

"I'm with them," he chuckled. "I've had just about enough of dealing with turbolifts." Zey couldn't help but laugh as well. "Sadly my fellow Jedi, I don't think we have a choice. I certainly don't want us climbing up over a dozen decks and wearing ourselves out before we even reach the bridge." He stroked his beard, there had to be another way, though he didn't know what it was. He was about to ask for ideas when a blaster shot rang out, carving a neat smoking hole in the bulkhead half a meter to the left of Zey's head. More blaster bolts rang out as the Jedi ignited lightsabers and began to bat them aside. Clanking from down the corridor betrayed the source of the blaster fire, a security patrol of a dozen Sith war droids had found them and was now doing it's best to make sure they never got to the bridge, no matter what route they took!

TAG: Ananta Chetan, Zurros Ka,

OOC: 12 droids for us to handle, feel free to post any damage/destruction to these droids you want. You can take charge of the other NPCs in our group too if helps you write up a spiffy battle sequence. Just don't wound them too badly or kill them off. :p Any droids left over will get handled by a combination of Zey and the NPCS but feel free to destroy them all between the two of you, I won't feel left out. ;)

IC: Knight Letali (NPC)
    Aurek Team, enroute to Cargo Bay One, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

With their forward path blocked Knight Letali wasn't sure what the Aurek team should do next, but not everyone seemed so uncertain.

"Well, I've got a few ideas that don't involve back tracking." Knight Dareagen seemed very sure of himself and whatever plan he had come up with. "And being the guardian I am," he pulled the lightsaber off his belt and twirled it in his hand making his meaning very clear to the others. "They all involve a lightsaber." Knight Letali couldn't help but find herself smiling, Direct and easy, just what they needed. It would also assuredly be effective as he pointed out to them. "If the projector for this shield is somewhere where we can get at it we can destroy it. Also if we can get at the power coupling that getting juice to it, we can cut that and bring down the shield. The last option is cutting below, above or to the side of us," he gestured to the floor, ceiling and the walls around the group. "And going around this, cutting our way back in once we are on the other side." It all seemed very reasonable and well thought out, so the Mon Cal Knight nodded her own approval.

“I hate to say this, but they have been expecting us. There was no alarm raised, and now this. There has to be a better way to get to where they say the Jedi are. Knight Dareagen, while I like that idea..." Matser Kasumi, the Aurek team leader paused for a moment before dropping her thoughts on them. "I almost feel the Sith expecting that. However, I think you are on to something. Distraction is the key in this mission I believe. Both for them, and for us.”

The Jedi Master walked over to the bulkhead and began to work on the wiring she found in a panel there causing an overload which clearly shocked her, though she seemed to deflect most of the charge naturally before pointing to the service duct above their heads. "Ah." Knight Letali murmured to herself as her meaning became clear. She wanted them to head into the ducts and make their way to the Cargo Bay unseen through those. Unseen and hopefully therefore unmolested.

“Go." Knight Letali didn't hesitate, she had memorized the internal layout of the ship, she could lead them through the ducts. Padawan Nosrep though had been just that much quicker and had jumped in as soon as she and clawed off the duct's protective grill. She piled in after him, confident that he too would know the way, and for the few times he might not, she should be able to nudge him in the right direction. "This won’t last for long." The disembodied voice of Master Kasumi drifted up into the duct. "Knight Dareagen, as soon as everyone is in... make it look like we were able to get through this trap using a saber. Then follow the others, I will bring up the rear." Well that answered that, Master Kasumi would be guarding their rear. "I am going to keep the cameras dark for as long as I can. And cover you all."

Once they were all inside they began to move forward, like a long train in a tunnel. Padawan Nosrep was out in front with Letali right behind him. Following her was Knight Loother and Eira Dryn who had thus far been very quiet on this mission. Taking up the rear were Knight Dareagen and of course Master Kasumi. Letali hoped she had replaced the grate that covered the service duct when she had entered, else it would be pretty easy to determine where the group had vanished to.

"Now I know how a canned, frozen ormachek feels like..." she whispered up ahead to padawan Nosrep as he led them through the dark ductwork. There were no lights in here, and not enough room to ignite a lightsaber without either slicing through the duct or risking serious injury to a comrade. Still he seemed to be guiding them in the right direction. Master Kasumi was right, the Sith wouldn't be able to track them in here (unless they knew they had gone in in which case they could easily trap them within the duct and exterminate them like womprats). Better yet, the ducts were all connected, they could move up to the cargo deck without ever having to re-enter one of the corridors or use another turbolift. Good thing too she thought to herself as they quietly passed over a droid security patrol that could be hard clanking away as they walked the hard deck below them. Through a grate she could see at least a half dozen of them as they continued on their way, unaware as to the intruders that crawled over their heads in the ventilation shafts. This was too easy she thought to herself as they crawled on, rapidly approaching their goal, Cargo Bay One. There though padawan Nosrep stopped abruptly, causing her to bump into his rear end.

"Oof, sorry..." she whispered, aware that below her was the corridor just outside of the cargo hold, and that there was a group (she couldn't see how many) of war droids there guarding the entrance. So much better to be up here than down there. But why had they stopped? The droids down there gave no indication they knew the Jedi were here, so why stop? She saw padawan Nosrep quietly motioning in front of him and her heart dropped as she saw what he was pointing to. "Ray shield...again." she whispered back to those behind her in exasperation.

Leaning over as far t her right as possible she tried to let those behind her see well enough ahead what the problem was. Another ray shield, similar to the one that had stopped them at the T-Junction earlier, played out across the service duct. If they could get past it, they could drop right down into the Cargo Bay where the Jedi prisoners were being held. But how to do that without alerting the droid guards that were right below them?

TAG: ConservativeJedi321, galactic-vagabond422, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, Coffee_Ninja

OOC: All right, y'all are "trapped" in the service duct. The droids down in the corridor below you can't see you at all and don't know you're there in the duct. You can see some, but not all, of them through a few evenly spaced grates in the ductwork but there is no way to determine their number just yet. The corridor they are in is right outside the Cargo Bay's forward entrance. In front of you, keeping you from actually entering the Cargo Bay through the duct you're in is the ray shield.

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Reese (NPC)/Knight Vomkoju (NPC)/Darth Harbinger (NPC)
    Holding the landing bay, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

"Long and short range comms are jammed."

The dar'jetii (Darth Harbinger) laughed at Taab's muttered statement. "Of course they are," his fingers continued to play out along the console he was seated before. For a moment Taab thought he was responsible for the jamming, but a quick look at Grumpy (Knight Vomkoju) who had been monitoring the Sith Lord closely told him that wasn't the case. "Your arrival was clumsy and poorly executed, Cavilous knows you're here." Taab grunted an inteligible reply as he noticed for the first time the tapping coming from Future (Knight Hochner Trevalus), in the near silence of the hanger bay it rang out loud and clear. Dar'jetii noticed it too, and judging by the furrowed look on his brow found it rather annoying. Good, Taab grinned behind his faceplate.

"Dar'jetii" Taab called out to him, "since our comms are jammed and the ship's shields are up, just what are you doing over there?" The Sith gave Taab an annoyed look before rolling his eyes. "Look around, even a simpleton such as yourself can see the ship's power is failing." Taab looked around at the flickering lights, the failing displays. There did indeed seem to be a power drain on the ship's systems. "Ah, understanding dawns on you does it Mandalorian?" Taab remained silent, though there was a bit of truth there in the dar'jetiise's words. "The planetary bombardments, the time the shields have been up, and now the anti-intruder systems..."

"Anti-intruder?" Lefty (Knight Reese) asked from across the bay.

"...have all been.. Yes, anti-intruder systems. Some internal shields and screens, the communications jamming. Shall I go on?" Taab motioned impatiently for him to continue. "Very well," dar'jetii smiled. "All those active circuits have put tremendous strain on what was already a less than optimal power situation on the Hellfire. Since I can't order the ship's computer to drop the shields directly..."

"You're putting even greater strain on the ship by diverting power to other systems," Taab interrupted. Dar'jetii smiled and nodded to him before looking back in Future's direction in annoyance. "Yes, non essential systems. Turbolifts, ship's plumbing, garbage compactors, internal heating, lighting, anything I can think of to expend ship's power that won't be noticed right away."

Not a bad idea Taab mused to himself but dar'jetii wasn't finished. He tapped his fingers on the console, mimicking Future's tapping, mocking it. "Of course it's not much, so you're right to be nervous Kubaz. Sooner or later they will come for us here. For you."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto

6. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Hellfire
    The path ahead seemed too easy, so perhaps he shouldn't have been surprised when he ran into some more ray shields. Damn, why couldn't anything just work for once? He thought. It seemed every second since they landed was one problem after another, and now this? These Sith were really crazy prepared. Then he felt Knight Letali crash into his behind, and the Ongree scrambled to prevent himself from making any noise and avoid alerting the guards down below. "Oof, sorry..." the Mon Calamari grunted in a whisper that was slightly louder than he would have liked. In a swift motion he put one of his thick fingers in front of his jaw in what was intended to simulate the human gesture for 'be quiet'.
    He looked down again to be sure the droids hadn't been alerted by the small scuffle, and was thankful to see they had not. "Ray shield...again." The Jedi Knight sighed as she noticed what was in front of him.

The small duct was a cramped space, especially for the Ongree and his broad shoulders, but he did his best to slide on his side, and look back at the other Jedi with a clearly puzzled look on his features. He whispered just loud enough for them to hear. "What are we going to do?" He didn't like the idea of going in lightsabers ablazing, but he couldn't think of any other way. Semajj hoped one of the more experienced Jedi might have a more peaceful solution in mind.

Tags: galactic-vagabond422, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, Coffee_Ninja, Bardan_Jusik

7. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Hellfire Bridge Bound

Excellent idea. Zey’s immediate enthusiasm at her suggestion was slightly surprising, giving her pause to study the conviction in the lines on his battle-hardened face. But prior to even getting a chance to turn around inside the lift after boarding, Suraya felt a tingling sensation down the back of her neck. Before she could utter a word of apprehension though, she found herself in midair flying backwards towards her companions after receiving a massive shove from the Grandmaster himself. Twirling in flight she found her feet only to look down to see that she was literally standing on top of Knight Rand’s chest with several of the others also in varied states of catching their balance from her unexpected forceful landing amongst them.

Lifting her arm she intuitively Force-pulled Zey’s outstretched hand into her own before she was even fully consciously aware of what she was doing. He had immediately dropped out of sight along with the runaway lift before adeptly reemerging on the edge via her lightsaber cut exit.

Thank you…and thank the Force for your escape route, the Grandmaster expressed with a calm look of gratitude and a playful wink in her direction. In return she gave him a wordless expression of appreciation along with a slight nod for pushing her out of harm’s way to begin with. After they had ascended the ladder the group began to discuss their options. The camaraderie they shared between them she still did not feel fully a part of as an outsider to the Guardians, so instead she took the window of opportunity to meditatively pace the corridor while their discussion ensued in order to help re-center her shaken focus.

A red stream of violent energy suddenly zipped past her before embedding itself in the wall directly behind her conversing comrades in the distance. The nearly deadly shot was now accompanied by the familiar clanking sound of what they all new was coming next. Igniting their blades in unison, Knights Rand, Arer and Menal charged into the three single-file lines of attackers, deflecting and slicing with sublime harmony. Sparks and metal limbs littered the corridor floor in every direction giving her apt opportunity to join the fray.

While redirecting blaster fire she dashed into one line of attackers from the side sending the first droid heavily against the wall in a smoking pile from the returned fire. With a second she sliced its blaster arm at the shoulder and with her off hand grasped the severed limb swinging it brutally like a club into the face plate of another, instantly shattering its roaming red eye.

The space in front of Suraya had suddenly been cleared as the few remaining droids were being neatly dealt with by the others. After lowering her weapon to her side, she suddenly and unexpectedly felt a warm blaster barrel press firmly against the side of her black headdress at the temple.

Drop your weapons, Jedi…the droid spoke in the direction of her companions before clacking its weapon and preparing to fire…I said drop ‘em.

8. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace

Though he was surprised at Padawan Takkoo's admitting him into the Stockade, Ian tried hard to keep his composure. It had worked! He had talked himself past the guard and now all he had to do was see Darth Sixtus, to talk to her about what he had done, about what had happened, not only in the training hall with Padawan Abyo, but throughout his time here in the Temple. Things were becoming clearer to him now, much clearer than ever before, but only she could tell him if he was on the right path. He was so looking forward to seeing her again...and then there she was, waiting for him in her cell.

"Hello Ian," she purred. "I've been expecting you." Previously those words would have melted him, made him weak at the knees, but now he just wanted to know her better. It was an opportunity, one that he couldn't waste. "Helloooo", his voice cracked. He had thought he had himself totally under control, but that wasn't true yet, but it would be soon he was sure. "Lady Sith," he bowed ceremoniously to her before straightening up. There was no beating around the bush here, there was no time, but now that he was here he wasn't entirely sure what to say.

"All my life I have been afraid," he started. "Afraid of the Sith, afraid of being found out, of being being hurt or killed." He started to pace in front of her cell. "I was told by the Jedi to be free of my fear and that made me even more afraid, afraid of my own fear." He stopped his pacing suddenly and looked into her eyes. "It only weakened me, I know that now." He stopped and looked down at the floor, suddenly unsure of himself and unable to hold her penetrating gaze. "I discovered something about myself a few minutes ago while sparing in the training hall, discovered that my fear can be a weapon, a tool to protect myself..." he looked back up at her again, "...and the ones I lo..." he paused again before finishing, "care about."

"I've done it before, without knowing, back when you first arrived at the Temple, and later when we fought your friends at their camp." He glanced back at the door, wondering how much time he had. "Before though I couldn't remember what had happened, I was too weak, too unwilling, too afraid, to understand what I had done, what I was becoming." He shrugged. "I still don't know. I'm still afraid, but at least now I am willing to face it."He didn't tell her that he wanted to keep feeling that way, or at least he thought he did. He wasn't sure. "The feeling, it still frightens me," he admitted before he smiled a dangerous looking smile and admitting something far more private. "But I liked it."

Tag Bardan_Jusik

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Helloooo", Darth Sixtus smiled coldly as Ian's voice cracked. He was nervous, understandable given what he faced, the choice he would be forced to make, the test would be to see if he could not overcome his anxiousness, but if he could embrace it, harness it and use it towards his own ends, and hers. "Lady Sith," Sixtus inclined her own head in response, her cold smile became warmer, more mirthful.

"All my life I have been afraid," Yes I know you have, I can feel it Sixtus thought but did not say. Instead she let him continue on uninterrupted. "Afraid of the Sith, afraid of being found out, of being being hurt or killed." She watched as he paced side to side in front of her prison cell and her eyes narrowed. He had to hone his fear, not disipate it's strength in nervous furtive movements.

"I was told by the Jedi to be free of my fear and that made me even more afraid, afraid of my own fear." He stopped in front of her cell and looked at her, had he understood what he was doing wrong, or was this happy coincidence? "It only weakened me, I know that now." He looked down at the floor but Sixtus was not ready to push, not yet, he had to get there on his own before she could push. "I discovered something about myself a few minutes ago while sparing in the training hall, discovered that my fear can be a weapon, a tool to protect myself..." he looked back up at her and she could see he was almost there, "...and the ones I lo... care about. I've done it before, without knowing, back when you first arrived at the Temple, and later when we fought your friends at their camp." He glanced back at the door, and Sixtus followed his gaze.

There wasn't much time, she might have to push too early if this was going to work. "Before though I couldn't remember what had happened, I was too weak, too unwilling, too afraid, to understand what I had done, what I was becoming. I still don't know. I'm still afraid, but at least now I am willing to face it." So close, he was so close she could taste it now. "The feeling, it still frightens me," he gave her a smile so wicked it could have been one of her own looking back at her. "But I liked it." Sixtus returned the smile. He was there.

"Ian," she began seductively though the need for that was over old habits died hard. "You have discovered on your own the power the dark side has, but you can't yet control it. Not yet." She drew in a deep husky breath. "With training from the right master, and the right motivation though you could become a most powerful force wielder." She didn't say Sith Lord, he was ready for most of what she had to say, but she wasn't sure if he was ready to hear those words just yet. "If you can learn to use your fear, you can become fear." She stepped forward in her cage, right to the edge of the force field that kept her in. "Your fear, your frustration, your anger, they cut through your insecurities. Only they allow you to access your full potential. Only they allow your access to the dark side of the force, they are your path to true power." She backed away from the security field, gesturing towards it with her right hand. "Join me, and together..."

She was interrupted by the clanging sound of the armored hatch to the stockade being flung open suddenly. "Get away from there padawan!" the high pitched cry came from the Master Piim who swiftly ran through the door, her ornate robes flowing about her like a maelstrom of color. Sixtus recoiled at the sight of her and allowed a slight hiss to emanate from her lips. The Jedi glowered at Sixtus as the stockade hatch clanged shut behind the Togruta Jedi Master. "Padawan," she repeated. "Go to the Council chamber and wait for me there." She stopped looking at Sixtus long enough to give the padawan a stern look. "We have much to discuss you and I," she paused and looked back at Sixtus, who was again smiling demurely. "After I discover what lies this Sith has been poisoning our Temple with."

TAG: Gotab (and you've got a PM from me waiting). ;)

Leading Besh Team to the bridge, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

All around Hector Zey blaster bolts flew as Jedi lightsabers were ignited to meet their attackers. Springing into action, Knights Rand, Arer and Menal charged into the attackers, cutting them to pieces. Zey, Knight Archisa and padawan Ka followed after them, deflecting bolts before merging with their attackers. In the midst of battle, Zey lost track of the others visually, though he could still feel them through the Force. Each was thus far unharmed by the sudden attack and Zey was sure they would get through this unscathed. Then as suddenly as the attack began, it was over, the droids vanquished by the Jedi strike team. Well all the droids but one.

"Drop your weapons, Jedi" The droid spoke in Zey's direction clacking its weapon at Knight Archisa's head as it prepared to fire. "I said drop ‘em." Zey looked to his fellow Jedi, they were all too far way from the droid and Knight Archisa to reach the mechanical menace with their blades. In that moment, he did see that this was the last of the droids facing them, the others were in bits and sparking pieces littered all over the corridor. Lowering his lightsaber Zey extinguished it, bidding the others to do the same. "We surrender," the voice of Knight Rand echoed out from behind Zey. Zey looked back at him confused wondering why he would say such a thing. Zey had been preparing to use the force itself to crush the hostage taker, what was Rand doing?

"Take us to your leader."

The droid's "eye" swept back and forth across its face a few times as it pondered the request and their surrender. Keeping it's blaster aimed squarely at Knight Archisa's head it motioned with it's other claw like hand towards the command tower turbolift at the end of the corridor. "This way, I'm taking you to the bridge."

TAG: Ananta Chetan, Zurros Ka

Aurek Team, enroute to Cargo Bay One, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

"What are we going to do?" Knight Letali shrugged as padawan Nosrep whispered back to Master Kasumi and the others. She didn't know herself what they would do. She only saw two options, defeat the ray shield or drop down on top of the unsuspecting droids and defeat them. She inched over further in the cramped duct, trying to look back. Maybe Master Kasumi would have another way out of this, but there was no immediate answer to padawan Nosrep's question. "Should we..." Letali started before shifting again, it was really cramped and uncomfortable in here she thought. This time though a low groan came from the metal beneath her as the duct itself seemed to move just a little. Oh no, Letali's mind raced. These ducts weren't meant to hold this much weight, and now the mass of six Jedi was threatening to overwhelm the duct's structural integrity. "We have to move," she hissed quietly, but it was too late.

"Whoa!" Letali screamed as the duct work gave way beneath her with, depositing her and the rest of the Jedi right in the midst of the droids in the corridor that were guarding the hatch to the cargo bay. Immediately weapons clacked into place on the droids arms, but the Jedi had fallen among them. Springing to her feet Letali ignited her lightsaber, noticing some of the others doing the same. Swinging her blade she decapitated the nearest droid as the hatch to the cargo bay opened and another dozen or so droids rushed out reinforcing the squad of ten that the had fallen on top of. Beyond, in the cargo bay she could just catch a glimpse of a forest of upright carbonite blocks, the Jedi just waiting to be rescued.

TAG: ConservativeJedi321, galactic-vagabond422, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, Coffee_Ninja

OOC: Sorry folks, had to move you along so we don't fall behind in the action. :p You've got over twenty droids now to deal with, feel free to inflict upon them whatever damage and destruction you desire. [face_devil]

"Of course it's not much, so you're right to be nervous Kubaz. Sooner or later they will come for us here. For you." Taab wanted to walk over and but the Jedi that the dar'jetii (Darth Harbinger) was mocking, Future (Knight Hochner Trevalus), did nothing, and that seemed to irk the Sith Lord even more. So Taab let it go. It was clear that even though he was "helping", dar'jetii was also trying to goad them, to get under their skin. What was he playing at?

The question went unasked, and thus unanswered, though as the minutes ticked by the Sith's demeanor seemed to change. Instead of a haughtiness unwarranted by his status as their prisoner, the Sith Lord was beginning to get testy, mumbling under his breath at the computer console as his commands were either over ridden or not having the desired effect. He was clearly anticipating something, and the longer it took to happen the more antsy he appeared.

10. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace

"Ian," He shuddered slightly as she called him by name. "You have discovered on your own the power the dark side has, but you can't yet control it. Not yet." Yes! He needed a mentor, a master, he knew that. That's why he was here! "With training from the right master," there she had said it!"And the right motivation though you could become a most powerful force wielder." Force wielder? He could do that on his own, he knew that now, and his actions in the training hall were enough to prove it. At least to himself. He wanted more than that, he wanted to become a Sith Lord. If only she would agree to teach him, he would free her and... "If you can learn to use your fear, you can become fear." She stepped forward to the edge of the force field. "Your fear, your frustration, your anger, they cut through your insecurities. Only they allow you to access your full potential. Only they allow your access to the dark side of the force, they are your path to true power." Yes, he knew she was right. He had to follow this, to become fear after being fearful his entire life. The mere thought of it made his head spin in excitement. "Join me," yes oh yes he wanted to shout, "and together..."

She stopped mid sentence, mid invitation, at the clanging sound of the door opening behind him. He didn't even have to turn around to know who it was, he could feel her presence, and her voice. "Get away from there Padawan!" He caught the low hiss that emanated from Darth Sixtus' lips. "Padawan," Master Piim said again, and Ian turned around to see the armored door swing shut behind her. "Go to the Council chamber and wait for me there." She gave him a stern look, one that brokered no argument. He could feel her power now too, and his own resolve began to waver. "We have much to discuss you and I." He nodded his head slowly, looking to the ground as he marched passed Master Piim on his way out of the Stockade, reaching for the door. "After I discover what lies this Sith has been poisoning our Temple with."

Poison? Ian stopped, his hand hung in mid air. Darth Sixtus was showing him the true nature of the force. If anything it was the Jedi way that had filled his mind with lies. He turned around slowly. Master Piim's attention was wholly on Darth Sixtus now, Ian had been but a minor problem, already dispensed with via a few simple words and in the moment, already forgotten. Suddenly Ian hated Master Piim's arrogance, her power, her very nature. He wanted nothing to do with it, he wanted to be with Sixtus. Unbidden his left hand raised and deactivated the shield to her cell while he removed the lightsaber from his belt with his right and placed it to Master Piim's back before pressing the activation stud.

Tag Bardan_Jusik

11. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    IC: Zurros Ka
    En route to the bridge

Zurros tore into the waiting attack force, the rest of his team alongside him. The battle was brief, but effective. With all the droids dispatched Zurros powered down his weapons and turned around. Only to see one of his team held at blaster point by the last remaining droid. "Drop your weapons, Jedi" It's mechanical voice rang out. His mind raced, he was too far away to help and if one of more of his friends were thinking of using the force it could go wrong. "We surrender," Knight Rand put forward, what was this? surrender? "Take us to your leader." Rand added, a slow smile crept onto Zurros' face, of course the path of least resistance. Clever ploy, but it hinged on there being a manageable amount of security droids on the bridge. But that was a thought for later.

The droid motioned towards the tubolift with it's free hand"This way, I'm taking you to the bridge.". Zurros fell into step alongside the other Jedi.

TAG Ananta Chetan Bardan_Jusik

Gotab, Bardan_Jusik and Ananta Chetan like this.
  12. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Hellfire Bridge Bound

As the war droid continued to firmly press the blaster barrel against the side of Suraya’s head, Knight Rand demonstrated the depth of foresight hidden behind that thin veneer of playful and occasionally juvenile sense of humor of his and did the unthinkable…he surrendered. One could almost hear all of the Jedi present collectively hold their breath and then share nearly imperceptible grins after perceiving his intentions as the droid ushered them towards the turbo lift.

The silently agreed upon plan between them helped to alleviate the slight embarrassment that had been swelling up inside her chest of getting them all captured by a mere machine. One downside of the traditional female Mirialan attire was that one’s peripheral vision was limited, though similar to that of any other Jedi with their robe’s hood raised. What could have clouded her version momentarily to such an extent to leave her so susceptible? Strangely she felt a presence through the Force that was both familiar and alien simultaneously. What could it be? Perhaps the other team was already freeing the Jedi in carbonite and someone among them was stimulating her senses peculiarly.

Suddenly from down the corridor a pair of chirping charcoal colored mouse droids zoomed towards them, zigzagging and weaving from side to side, then one by one retrieving their yielded lightsabers from the floor. Once the last was collected the two rolled towards their droid commander as though summoned on cue and took up their positions at its either side.

Feeling the gun shift from her head to the center of her spine, Suraya walked in unison with her companions after being given a firm shove. In doing so she finally caught a glance of the droid holding her at gun point noticing that it donned a black cloak fastened at the neck. It was also painted in a curious myriad of dark colors and appeared outwardly to have some sort of enhanced arsenal compared to its former peers. Despite its foreboding yet neutral demeanor, she could faintly sense a sort of almost giddiness in the droid’s movements. It then occurred to her that perhaps it was in anticipation of presenting an entire squadron of Jedi to its Sith master.

The inside of the lift was twice the size of the standard version. Big enough to transport an entire battalion of war droids. As her fellow Jedi shuffled towards the back of the compartment she was halted just inside the entrance of the closing door but still in front of her droid captor and its two tiny mechanical minions. Lifting its other hand the droid began rapidly punching in a series of key commands on the wall which resulted in all of the lights on the control panels turning from red to green before they began to zoom upwards.

Gotab and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Hellfire

The only response came from Knight Leti, "Should we... We have to move,"

Semajj wasn't even sure the others had heard his question. In the tight chamber it might have sounded more like a grunt or harsh mumble, do the uncomfortableness of it all. He didn't know.

The Ongree barely noticed the rocking of the tube until it was to late. "Is there a way to..." he started.

And then he was in the air.
    "Ahhhs!"
    He shrieked.
    And felt a large crunch as he landed on something below. Probably one of the droids.
    A slow moan came from under him
    "Help... me...zchzz." Yep, definitely a droid.

He looked up only to be greeted by two dozen other droids surrounding the Jedi, great, just great.
    "Uhh, maintenance... those ducts were in far poorer condition than we could have guessed." and he gave a sheepish grin.

The two droids in front of him glanced at each other trying to make sense of his claim.
    But the swoosh of lightsabers behind him quickly defeated any hope he had of trying to resolve this peacefully.

His green blade materialized in his hands, and he sliced the two droids legs out from under them. Semajj lept to his feet, beheaded the two droids as they fell, and just for good measure impaled the droid he had landed on so it wouldn't get up again.

"Just great..." he moaned in frustration as the other droids began to fire.
    "I hope you have an idea for getting out of here Masters, cause this most certainly was not part of the plan..."

He brought his lightsaber up, and deflected three shots back at their attackers, each colliding with their heads, taking them out instantly.

Tags: galactic-vagabond422, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, Coffee_Ninja, Bardan_Jusik

Gotab, Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Kai Dareagen
    Hellfire, Ductwork

He follows the others up into the duct moving a quietly as he could with Master Kasumi close behind him. He did cut a quick hole in the deck as she instructed but, what good it did would remain to be seen. They were making progress however slowly, until they came to an obstacle. Another ray shield, did they expect this route as well. He gives worried glace over his shoulder to the master leading this team.

When the Padawan asks what to do next Kai's mind begins working there were maybe a few things they could do but, maybe one of the other would have a better idea then what he could cook up. Unfortunately they didn't have the time to come up with a plan. The duct groans under the stress of so many bodies inside of it. Kai tries to back up a bit, but with the cramped space he can't get very far.

Just as the metal box gave way he udders a curse, said in Killian so as not to set a bad example for Nosrep, and calls his lightsaber to his hand. When the artificial gravity pulls him towards the deck, in the middle of a squad of droids, he activates his blue blade driving it into the metal humanoid right below him. He leaps to his feet blade slashing the next closest enemy at the legs, impaling it on his saber before it could hit the floor.

At the far end more droids rush forward about a dozen.

"Stay here." He commands the padawan near him before calling upon the force to launch him towards the oncoming tide of metal. He is unfazed by the numbers, and almost numb to the chaos around him, one might say that he didn't care for his life in that moment. He blocks the few shots that come his direction as he flies through the air. He lands with a decapitating slash the took two droids in one stroke. Pushing forward his thrust his point into the chest of another while activating his other blade in a reverse grip, the edge of that cutting through another's head as it extended. He keeps moving forward blades lashing out at the obstacles in his way. Just beyond is his goal, those frozen in carbonite, he would see them freed, even if it was with his last breath.

With two more swipes two more droids fall, making it six just within the group falling within seconds. The question remained could the young knight keep up that pace could he turn all of the walking death machines into scrap, before they got a hit on him.

Only time would tell.

TAG: ConservativeJedi321, Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, Coffee_Ninja

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner Trevalus

"Of course it's not much, so you're right to be nervous Kubaz. Sooner or later they will come for us here. For you." Hochner tried to ignore the Sith's words, for a moment anyway, but eventually he had to weigh them. Measure them. Find how they were lacking, what was the body language that went with them.

Learning how to be a Master of his own body had been an insight and lesson into how humans understand and often unconsciously communicate with their own. The Sith's was aggravation. Still, Hochner drew his pistol and made sure it was set to stun before clasping his fingers over the top of it. "They will follow the theme then? Possibly die like the Rakata that wanted and came for me. I hardly had to lift much beyond my own eyes for that one." he buzzed laughing as he turned his head to look down and toward the hallways. "Funny how the Force works? Yes. Funny how it all works." he simply sighed as he felt the moment draw long.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: Darth Sixtus/Master Piim (NPCs)

Master Piim scrunched up her nose as she stared down Darth Sixtus who stood defiantly in her cell. This place stank of the dark side, the stench of anger and frustration seemed to roil from the Sith Lady now, it was no wonder she had somehow managed to spread her vitriol through the Temple while she sat behind the force field that contained her. She was far more dangerous than Piim had first realized and... Master Piim paused as she realized that Darth Sixtus wasn't the only source of dark side's rank influence. She tilted her head downward for just a moment, the feeling was also coming from behind her!

Poised to spin around, Master Piim was even more surprised to see the force field containing Darth Sixtus suddenly drop, freeing the Sith Lady. Piim's hand went to her lightsaber, but she never got the chance to draw it from her belt, nor did she feel the metallic presence of Ian Thrace's lightsaber press against her through her flowing robes. What she did feel was the searing pain as the lightsaber ripped into her back and erupted out through her chest, it's brilliant blue blade casting strange shadows across the stockade walls, and illuminating Darth Sixtus' face, as she strode confidently out from her confinement. Too late Master Piim relaized that it had been a horrible mistake to allow the Sith prisoners to remain alive and in custody. She herself had advocated for their imprisonment, and now she was paying the price for her arrogance with her life. If only the other Jedi, if only poor padawan Thrace, didn't have to likewise bear the burden of that poor decision.

Lifeless now, her body slid off of Thrace lightsaber, the Togruta Jedi dead before she even hit the floor. "Good, good Ian." Sixtus said as she bent low over the Piim's body, removing her lightsaber and taking it for her own. "You are fulfilling your destiny." She ignited the blade, noting the green hue and gave an annoyed sigh. It wasn't nearly as beautiful as her lightwhip, taken by one of the Jedi after her incarceration. She wondered briefly if she should go look for it before dismissing the thought. It would take too long, and time was of the essence now. This crude weapon would have to serve for now, she would have the time to build a weapon that more suited her later.

"We have to go Ian," she said now to the dumbstruck boy. He was fulfilling his destiny, but she had so much in store for him. Opening the armored gateway out of the stockade she was surprised to see the guard there was only a padawan, a Rodian. She was even more surprised to see that she recognized him. "You!" She exclaimed loudly, "you're the one that tried to kill me when I was first taken captive."

He was just as surprised to see her, too surprised to even go for the lightsaber he had on his belt. She lifted him off the ground with a wave of her arm and squeezing her hand into a fist began to choke the life from his body. "I had such high hopes for you after that incident," the anger was apparent in her voice as he tried to wriggle free, his hands clawing at his throat. "But you were weak, not like my Ian. He is strong, and will become stronger still." She gave a final clench of her fist, breaking padawan Takkoo's neck before allowing his dead body to fall to the ground. Looking beyond his body she saw the empty corridors of the Temple of Light splayed out in front of her like a labyrinth. Turning to Ian she spoke, demonstrating that she was relying on him to make good their escape.

"There must be some kind of way ot of here..."

Being led to the bridge, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

"This way, I'm taking you to the bridge." Ah, understanding dawned in Grand Master Zey's eyes as the droid spoke those words ti it's prisoners. Knight Archisa and Knight Rand had discovered a way to make the bantha invite the rancors to dinner.* Very good. He wasn't quite as pleased though when the droids disarmed them of their lightsabers, but there was nothing to be done about it then, the die was cast. Forced into the turbolift at blaster point, Zey could only wait and trust in the Force that Archisa and Rand knew what they were doing. Their improvised plan was at least bypassing the thorny issue of getting a lift to work for them properly and deposit them on the correct deck. Now the droids were doing that for them.

As the larger than normal lift came to a halt it's doors opened to reveal the command deck, but not the bridge. Instead before them as they exited wa sa short corridor, at the end of which were a thick set of closed and locked blast doors. Surely the bridge, and Darth Cavillous, lie beyond those. As the droids ushered them forward Zey had to wonder how long it would have taken the Jedi to cut through those doors had they been able to somehow make it this far. Now he had no need to wonder as the doors swooshed open with a loud thunk. From inside two dozen of what Zey recognized as the now standard sith war droids emerged, they conferred with the command droid in some sort of electronic sounding gibberish before escorting the Jedi inside.

There, Zey was surprised to see even more droids, totaling perhaps 50 now, manning various stations through the bridge. He was noted there were no flickering lights here, no power fluctuations. The bridge was quiet, but busy with light and constrained measured movements from the droids. No where did he see or sense...

A chair in the center of the room swiveled slowly around, and Zey could see it was the only organic being besides the Jedi here. The dark side surrounded the being, but there was...conflict there, a hidden uncertainty. Zey thought to probe deeper but was struck suddenly by how young the Sith looked. Surely this couldn't be Darth Cavillous, could it?

"Darth Cavillous is my Master...now." The lad spoke answering Zey's unasked question, though certainly now the question had to be on everyone's minds, just who was this? Zey could sense confusion from the other Jedi that matched his own, but from Knight Archisa he felt something else, a familiarity with this young Sith, and an even deeper sense of confusion as a result of it.

The Sith stood and addressed Archisa directly now. "Hello my old master, surprised to see me?"

TAG: Ananta Chetan, Zurros Ka,

* Adapted from Agamemnon's like to Odysseus in the movie Troy

Aurek Team, fighting their into to Cargo Bay One, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

Knight Letali swung her blade again, connecting with the torso of another droid and cleaving it in half. Immediately she sought out another, they had to fight their way through these droids and into the Cargo hold. "Help... me...zchzz." The words came from much closer than she was comfortable with, and for a moment she thought that perhaps the droid she had just cut down had not been fully destroyed. Looking down she saw that padawan Nosrep had managed to land directly on top of one of the automatons.

"Uhh, maintenance... those ducts were in far poorer condition than we could have guessed." Unable to help herself Letali laughed out loud, not only at his predicament but at his response to it. She never sensed that he was in any real danger, not any more than the rest of them were anyway, and her feeling proved correct as the Ongree quickly dispatched the droids nearest him before leaping to his feet and joining the fray, deflecting blaster bolts back at their attackers.

"I hope you have an idea for getting out of here Masters, cause this most certainly was not part of the plan..."

There was no time for talking though, no time for a plan. There was just time to slash and parry. Letali was no warrior, she was a librarian, a researcher at heart, but she could feel the force flow through her as she opened up to its power. Her blade sang, becoming a symphony as it joined the songs of the others.

"Stay here." the voice of her friend and padawan Nosrep's master called out, and then Knight Dareagen threw himself into the midst of the remaining droids. Within seconds they became nothing more than piles of scrap metal smoking on the blaster scorched deck. "Well, that was...easy?" Letali turned the statement into a question as she examined the fresh blaster hole burned into her tunic. She hadn't been hit, but her robes would never be the same. Seeing that the cargo bay doors had been left open, she slowly walked inside, keeping her blade up and at the ready, but she saw in a moment that it was unnecessary. The other Jedi moved into the bay after her, also on guard, but there was no need. They were alone.

Alone except for the dozens, maybe a hundred, upright carbonite blocks, each holding a being. Each holding a Jedi. Their final expressions were frozen on their faces, some appeared to be in anguish, even angry at their fate. Others appeared to be serene, at peace. In front of them, just inside the bay near the entrance was a pedestal with controls that could end their torment and unfreeze them. Looking back to the door she saw it was still open, there were no droids in sight (well except the ruined ones still smoking and sparking on the deck). She also saw Dryn and Knight Loother hanging back and covering their avenue of escape. With their backs covered Letali turned her attention back to the imprisoned Jedi, their reason for coming here. Motioning towards the control pedestal she asked simply. "So...who wants to do the honors?"

Taab smiled behind his face plate as Future (Knight Trevalus) finally replied to the the dar'jetti's (Darth Harbinger) attempts to unnerve the Kubaz Jedi. The Mandalorian wasn't sure he understood all of the Jedi's flowery prose, but he rarely did. The Kubaz's laughter though, and not so subtle actions with the blaster pistol at his side, were clear indicators of where his mind was.

The Jedi's actions seemed to be of no concern for the dar'jetii though as his demeanor changed. A few moments ago he had seemed distracted, even perturbed by what was going on, but now the dar'jetti wore a bemused expression of relief. Was it the result of finally eliciting some sort of reaction from Future? Taab wasn't sure, and for once he gave voice to his inner thoughts.

"I have a very bad feeling about this," he said sotto voce as dar'jetti just smiled.

17. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa, NPC Padawan Sol Skellig
    Hellfire Bridge Bound

Sol! Slowly she took a couple of steps towards her former apprentice. How was this possible? She had seen him die, cut down by the blade of Darth Zelus. What had they done to him?

Suraya Archisa. I have been waiting for this day for a long time. He spoke through a blank mask but with a menacing smirk on his lips.

Come closer…so I can take a good look at you. A myriad of emotions flooded through her yet still accompanied with disbelief.

What do you think you will see if I do?

The face of my old padawan. But it wasn’t the same face, not exactly. An ocher hue had replaced his once clear cobalt Mirialan eyes.

Your padawan…is gone. He was weak and foolish like his former master…so I destroyed him. A look of vicious certitude slowly spread across his face.

That’s what Cavillous wants you to believe…but it not true. My padawan is alive.

No. The Dark Lord is wise.

Cavillous is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he’ll crush you. You know it’s true.

It’s too late.

No its not. Leave here with me. Come home. I’ve missed having you by my side. She searched deep within him feeling what love and loyalty might yet still remain dormant beyond the cloud of suffocating darkness in which he was currently submersed. She took the last few steps that now brought them face to face.

I’m being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do, but I don’t know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?

Yes...anything.

OOC: Bardan feel free to have full liberty and control of the padawan. ;)

BookExogorth, Bardan_Jusik and Gotab like this.
  18. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace

Ian watched with a detached horror as the lifeless body of Master Piim slid off of his lightsaber blade and to the floor. Had he actually just done that? He looked to his hands, his lightsaber and to her lifeless corpse on the floor, the one with the neat cauterized lightsaber wound through it. He had done that, he really had. He was surprised at himself, but even more surprised to realize that he didn't feel all that bad about it. She had gotten in the way of the things he had wanted, and he had killed her for it.

"Good, good Ian." Sixtus said as she took master Piim's lightsaber and ignited it. For a moment Ian felt fear, fear that she would now use it against him, but instead she said in a commanding yet comforting voice. "You are fulfilling your destiny."

Ian now drew in a deep breath, savoring the moment. There was still some doubt that lingered. Up until this moment Master Piim had been so kind to him, eager to train him and "correct" what she saw as his misdeeds. She had wanted to help, in her own misguided way, but now he realized that he didn't want her help, and deep down he never did. "We have to go Ian," he looked to Darth Sixtus who stood impatiently near the door. No, he had never wanted Master Piim's help, he had wanted hers.

The stockade hatch now opened, and Ian followed his new master (she was his new master right?) quickly through. There they met Padawan Takkoo, who looked as surprised to see them as Darth Sixtus was to see him. "You!" She exclaimed loudly. Ian could have told her he was on duty here, but things were moving so quickly now, he hadn't the chance before she had flung open the door to effect her escape. "You're the one that tried to kill me when I was first taken captive." Ian's eyes narrowed in anger at the Padawan. This kriffing fool had tried to harm her? His hands went for his lightsaber, he would kill Takkoo for his arrogant insolence, but it was too late, before he could take action, Darth Sixtus picked the Padawan up off the ground and began to squeeze the life from him. Ian watched as a disturbing smile crept onto his face. It reminded him so much of what he had nearly done to Padawan Abyo.

"I had such high hopes for you after that incident," Ian's smile dropped. She had designs on Takkoo? Had she wanted him more than Ian? His anger grew as his gaze moved from the dying Padawan to Sixtus. "But you were weak, not like my Ian. He is strong, and will become stronger still." Ian's smiled returned as she broke Takkoo's neck. She did want him, admired him even, though her actions let Ian know what was in store for him if he ever failed her. Still though as much as he needed her, she too needed him.

"There must be some kind of way out of here..."

Ian moved out in front of her, waving for her to follow. "No reason to get excited," Ian kindly spoke. "There are many here among us who feel my life is a but joke." He motioned back at the bodies of Master Piim and Padawan Takkoo. "But you and I have been through that," he gestured to stockade walls, "and this is not our fate." He took her hand and began to lead her through the corridors, off of the stockade level. He had no idea where he was leading her though, or what her intentions were. The shuttle bay? The Temple gates? Did she intend to take the Temple from within with just the two of them? "What's the plan now?" He asked her before adding. "Let us not talk falsely now," his bravado was growing with each passing moment, "the hour's getting late."

Tag Bardan_Jusik

Ian's dialogue inspired by Bardan Jusik's choice of music in his previous update.

19. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Jedi Carbonite Holding Cell

Kasumi didn't remember the fall from the service duct, nor did she remember making her way through the droids. Her use of the Force to hide herself and take that electric hit had drained her. She felt as if she were walking in a fog for a bit. She had to let her shield down a bit, she had to conserve what energy she could. Kasumi took a deep breath and let her shield down and felt a flood of frozen thoughts, emotions, and confusion from the carbonite she now faced. It was almost too much, but she took a breath as she took it all in. She reached out and touched a few of the blocks with her hands. The confusion would be massive once they were all released. She remembered how foggy her mind was when she was freed of her encasement. Granted she hoped that these Jedi had not been encased as long as she had.

"There is going to be confusion when they are released....they may even try to fight if that is what they were last doing. This is something that we need to balance speed with compassion, which is not easy. Start with the one's who have been encased the least amount of time....they will adjust faster, and may be able to help us continue our mission. Since I am still new here I need someone to help orient them to time and what is going on. Volunteers? I can appoint someone, but I am still learning you all as well...so...I trust your judgement on who would be the best to do this....."

Out of no where, and with her opening up more suddenly Kasumi was hit with a loss...another loss...the planet.....the temple.....the stockade....fear....anger....searing pain.....no....was it who she felt it was? She tried to help him...and he used her lessons as a key to unlock the dark side. It was like all of her breath was taken from her in an instant.....could no one else feel this? Her connection was much stronger than before, and even she was not sure how much stronger it would be when her shield was down entirely...nor was she sure that those around her would accept her in that state. How could someone take her lessons of peace and turn them so dark? Kasumi fell to a knee as if someone had just punched her in the gut. Oh how she could use guidance right now from the one who tapped into the Living Force.....help her understand what was happening. She got another wave of emotions and thoughts from the blocks and then waves from the surface. She looked at the floor plate and saw her eyes again go very light blue....and then slowly return to their color....with an even greater circle of blue around the iris now. Were there other Jedi in this room the had been in the carbonite for any length of time close to her? Would they experience the same thing? Or was it because of her lessons that lead her to where she was now....who she was now....or what she was becoming now?

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, ConservativeJedi321, galactic-vagabond422, Runjedirun, Rebecca_Daniels,

20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Jedi Carbonite Holding Cell

As the final droid collapsed before Knight Dareagens onslaught Semajj sighed a breath of relief. That wasn't as tough as he expected. And soon the Jedi were back on track, and making good time too as they entered the holding cell containing so many of their captured Jedi comrades. It was a daunting task indeed as he began walking the aisle looking at each captured being. Some were frozen in terror, others had a twisted sort of anger shown on their face that hardly seemed Jedi-like, and some even managed to have a serene expression showing in the moments before they froze.
    "There are so many..." he stood aghast. "How could the Sith capture them, capture them all... and we had no idea.."

He didn't wait for an answer as he returned to his wanderings.
    Eventually he ended up facing a Quarren, her face tentacles splayed out in what may have been a scream, and one had broke off. Perhaps in battle, or maybe just a side effect of being so poorly handled while in hibernation. He didn't know. He felt the force glowing from her, though dulled as it was in many of the others. She had been here for a long time he could tell. His mind recalled Master Kasumis warning, that the most recent additions had to be unfrozen first. But still he reached out with his hand, trying to understand the nightmares that this one had experienced, as had so many others. "The horror." he muttered in simple terror. He wasn't sure what to do as he himself froze in abject fear.

They had to help them, they had to help them fast. He wanted to unfreeze this one now, for fear he would not have a chance later, though he resisted the urge as he knew he had to follow orders. After a moment he finally got his feet moving again, as he went down the line looking for a more recent addition.

Tags: galactic-vagabond422, Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun, Rebecca_Daniels, Coffee_Ninja

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Fleeing the Temple of Light.

"No reason to get excited," Ian kindly spoke, his words sounding like the lyrics to some song. "There are many here among us who feel my life is a but joke." He motioned to the bodies they had left behind, so symbolic of the very life he was now leaving behind. "But you and I have been through that," yes he was leaving this behind. Good. "And this is not our fate." Ian took her hand in his, an act that surprised the Sith Lady, she hadn't quite thought the lad was capable of surprising her just yet. "What's the plan now?" He asked before demanding. "Let us not talk falsely now," oh his change in attitude was simply delicious, "the hour's getting late."

"The shuttle bay, we have to steal a ship and get off world while we can." She didn't explain further. Didn't explain how they were all fulfilling Darth Harbinger's vision now, how he had told only her of the sacrifice's to be made to ensure it's fulfillment. She didn't have to though, not yet. For now there was just enough trust there that he would follow her order without question. Soon he would do so in the hopes of garnering knowledge, and power, but for now trust would suffice.

"Once we have a ship and are away from this place..."

Darth Sixtus stopped mid sentence as some...thing caught her attention. It was perhaps the ugliest animal she had ever set eyes on, the sort of creature only it's mother, or maybe it's owner could love. It had stopped whatever it was doing too and was just looking at them now, sniffing at the air. It seemed confused at first before its intentions became obviously hostile...

IC: edee (NPC)
    Hunting in the Temple of Light.

Skittermouse, skittermouse, skittermouse, human, skittermouse, skittermouse, Togruta, skittermouse... edee sniffed at the ground, taking in the smells of his prey, discerning it from the other smells as it romped about the lower levels of the Temple. The Alfa (Beskaryc Taab) was away again, as he often was lately. edee didn't mind so much though, it gave the hunting animal more time to do what it did best, hunt, and right now it was on the trail of an elusive band of skittermice.

Skittermouse, skittermouse, Rodian, skittermouse, human, human. edee stopped and looked around, the smell of those bipedal creatures called human beings overwhelmed his senses and drowned out the scent he was following. This usually wasn't a problem down here, sometimes edee would run into someone coming to or from the area, but it wasn't often that their scent lingered. Curiosity grabbed at the striil as it took off after the scent. There was something familiar about it, yet unknown. The creature didn't have to go far as it came across the two humans, making their own communicative sounds. Sounds that stopped as soon as they saw it. Now edee saw where the familiar scent came from, it was the one Alfa called Twitchy (Ian Thrace), his scent, a scent of cowardice, was well known to edee, but now it was ...different. More mature, yet darker. Much darker. The other's scent was one of pure malevolence, edee bared his fangs and lunged.

"Finally," the dar'jetii (Darth Harbinger) let out a loud sigh that did nothing to improve Taab's mood. With a flurry the Sith prisoner keyed in anther set of commands on the console at which he was seated, one's which Grumpy (Knight Vomkoju) seemed to take issue with. "Hey, why are you unfreezing the..." he never got the chance to finish his statement as dar'jetii pulled Grumpy's lightsaber from him with the force and then in one swift movement decapitated the Twi'lek.

"shab it all," Taab shouted bringing his blaster carbine to bear on the Sith as the Dar'jetii quickly moved to defend himself. Should have seen that coming. He was a Sith, betrayal was in his nature, and though he was betraying his fellow Sith, of course he would turn on the Guardians. Sighting in on the dar'jetii Taab was surprised to hear feel the impact of blaster bolts against his body as he pressed the trigger. His armor absorbed the shots, but he was thrown to the ground as his shot went wide. He had bigger things to worry about than a missed shot though. Rolling to his right he popped back up to one knee, searching out where the shots had come from. "shab it all!" he repeated the curse as Sith war droids poured in from every entrance to the hanger bay, firing as they entered.

Returning fire, Taab could see that Lefty (Knight Reese) was so far holding hos own at the far end of the bay, while Future (Knight Trevalus) was being approached menacingly by dar'jetii in the center of the hanger. "There is only one way this ends Jedi," he said to the Kubaz Knight almost forlornly. "With death."

IC: Hector Zey/Elim Rand (NPC)/Knight Arer (NPC)/Knight Menal (NPC)/Padawan Sol Skellig (NPC)
    Besh Team, captive on the bridge, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

The shock of Knight Archisa recognizing her former padawan as Darth Cavillous' new apprentice shook Hector Zey to his core. Her apprentice had been killed hadn't he? But now, he seemed very much alive, and very different from the padawan she must have known before.

"Your padawan...is gone. He was weak and foolish like his former master...so I destroyed him."

And we'll destroy you in turn Zey thought to himself, a former padawan turned to the darkside and a few dozen droids. No problem, though there was the matter of retrieving their lightsabers that had to be dealt with first.

"That’s what Cavillous wants you to believe...but it not true. My padawan is alive."

That's it Archisa, keep him talking until we can figure a way out of this.

"No. The Dark Lord is wise. "

But where was the Dark Lord?

"Cavillous is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he’ll crush you. You know it’s true."

Zey glanced to Knights Rand, Arer and Menal, all of whom gave slight nods in reply. They knew the time was coming, and what they would have to do when it did.

"It’s too late."

Zey looked to padawan Ka now. the Falleen was older than most padawans, and far more experienced, especially in combat. He would do well in what was to follow.

"No its not. Leave here with me. Come home. I’ve missed having you by my side."

Knight Archisa moved closer to her former padawan...

"I’m being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do, but I don’t know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?"

...far too close.

"Yes...anything."

"Then you can die my former master." Skellig ignited his lightsaber, still a brilliant hue of green, and brought it to Knight Archisa's throat. But he didn't move to clip her head from her body just yet. Instead he was looking at her, through misty tear soaked eyes. "I am to kill you, and have the droids execute your friends. To prove my worth, my power." He brought the blade down low by his side. "But I don't know if I can do it." He backed away a few steps from her.

"They tricked you my 'master,'" he spat the last word out as a curse rather than an honorific. "Zelus cut me deeply with her blade, but she missed my vital organs." He lifted his robes to show the scar left by the blade of Darth Zelus. "Using the dark side they tricked you into thinking I was dead." He shook his head as Zey could feel anger rising within him. "I didn't think it would work, I thought our connection to one another, to the force, was stronger than that, but it wasn't." There was fury in the former padawan's eyes now. "You left me master! While Darth Veneficus healed me, you abandoned me to Cavillous, to the Sith. Abandoned me to become what I now am!" He took several strong and meaningful strides towards Knight Archisa and Zey flinched slightly despite himself. Those few steps seemed to calm the near Sith down though, or perhaps he was still loath to do what could not be undone.

"That was proof enough to me that the dark side was stronger, that the Jedi could never win." He gestured around to the bridge, and the ship around them. "The fact that you all are even here confirms that to me." His rage had subsided now, and he was cool, almost disconnected from the events surrounding him. Zey wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not, he couldn't help himself but to intervene now.

"And why is that?" He asked defiantly. "And where can we find your new master?"

Skellig let loose an ugly laugh, the laugh of someone tormenting an animal. "Because you have all walked into a trap. There are no Jedi here, only the minions of my Master, who will soon call your Temple of Light their home." Zey's face turned ashen. No Jedi? Then the one frozen in carbonite weren't here to be rescued they were here to be...

"As for Darth Cavillous, he is on his way to making sure the traitor Harbinger and your friends in the hanger bay don't survive the hour." He looked one more time at Knight Archisa, bringing his blade up over his head as he prepared to deliver the death blow. "And neither shall any of you."

"Now!" Zey yelled, as he reached through the force for his lightsaber. It came singing to his hands, as did the blades of the others fly to their owners. *snap-hiss* the bridge was filled with the sounds of lightsabers igniting and blaster fire as the droids turned to attack the previously defenssless Jedi. Today though would not be their day to die. They had to get our of here though, to warn the others and then escape.

TAG: Ananta Chetan, Zurros Ka

OOC: Ananta you have a PM regarding Archisa's former padawan waiting. Ka feel free to take out as many of the droids as you wish.

Aurek Team, not seeing the forest for the trees, Cargo Bay One, Hellfire, in orbit over Saridona Prime

Knight Letali was in awe as she roamed the small forest of carbonite. It was a good thing the Mandalorian wasn't here, he would surely have something disrespectful to say about the situation. She found herself following behind padawan Nosrep as he too seemed flabbergasted by what he was seeing. "There are so many..." Knight Letali nodded dumbly in agreement. "How could the Sith capture them, capture them all... and we had no idea.." That Letali thought to herself, was a very good question.

"There is going to be confusion when they are released," Master Kasumi started. "They may even try to fight if that is what they were last doing." The Mon Cala Knight hadn't thought of that. The thought of being attacked by one of these Jedi still fighting their last battle made her shudder. "This is something that we need to balance speed with compassion, which is not easy. Start with the one's who have been encased the least amount of time....they will adjust faster, and may be able to help us continue our mission." She looked more closely at the controls on the carbonite blocks looking to see how long they had been encased. "Since I am still new here I need someone to help orient them to time and what is going on."

Letali listened as she looked from unit to unit. Six months on the Quarren Nosrep had just been examining, and six months on the human next to him. Then six months again on the next unit, holding a Zabrak male. What were the odds? Or maybe they had been organized by date. Did carbon freezing have a best used by freshness date? She scolded herself for the unspoken joke. That was something the Mandalorian would have said. Still the dates taken together with Nosrep's question a moment ago bothered her, but just why she couldn't put a flipper on. "Volunteers? I can appoint someone, but I am still learning you all as well...so...I trust your judgement on who would be the best to do this..."

She stopped so suddenly that Letali was worried for her, forgetting the time stamps she had seen. "Master Kasumi?" she called out, wondering what had happened. but her question would have to wait as soon all around the Jedi the sound of carbonite undergoing the unfreezing process surrounded them. Who had started the unfreezing process, and why were they all unfreezing at once? Those questions and more flew through Knight Letali's mind as the Jedi prisoners dropped to the floor one by one, their own lightsabers clattering to the deck with them. Lightsabers? Why would the Jedi be imprisoned with their weapons? That question was answered as she felt the overwhelming darkness emanating from the "prisoners." These were not Jedi, these were Sith! Grabbing her own blade to hand she ignited it just as the Zabrak she had looked to a moment ago brought ignited his own lightsaber and brought the red blade down on top of her own. "It's a trap!"

IC: Darth Cavillous/Darth Harbinger (NPCs)
    Ziost, six months ago

Darth Cavillous smiled as the last of their minions were loaded aboard the ship. Resources had been running low for so long, this truly was the only way to conserve them. Especially after being on the run for so long. Darth Shaga's great invention, the war droids, had been too few in number to affect the outcome of the war. All they had were aboard this ship and would barely be crew enough. They had the capacity to make more, but not in great enough numbers to make a difference to the war effort. So they had instead gone into hiding, into hiding for far too long.

The group had come here to Ziost in an attempt to delve deeper into the darkside, to find a place where they could grow their order once again. For now their sect was but eight Sith Lords (well some of them Ladies) and nearly a thousand minions, servants of the dark side few were powerful enough yet to take on the Darth honorific.

Their arrival at Ziost had gone unnoticed by the Triumvertae and once established on it's surface they had gone to work. Cavillous had hopes that they could make this their new base, but Shaga was worried, worried that that the Jedi would eventually track them down. This world was too well known to them, they would be found eventually. They needed a place to hide, a place to lick their wounds and rebuild the Sith Order. Darth Harbinger had given them hope for finding such a place.

"I see a planet unknown to outsiders, one steeped in the power of the Force." He had told them all. Shaga had become giddy with excitement at the news. A world all to themselves would give them the resources needed to multiply his droid army a thousand fold. They would have to find this place. But Harbinger, as was his way, had not told Shaga everything he foresaw. "There are relics there, relics that can bring even the dead back to life." He had told Veneficus who was ecstatic at the news, though he wondered if the results could bring a force user back to life, and what control he could have over such.

"Relics that can be used to convince the Jedi of the error of their teachings. To cause them to embrace the darkside." This he had told to Sixtus and Velerious. The pair had always wanted to draw upon their enemies strength and turn it to weakness.

To Praedator and Zelus he spoke of the hidden world as a place from which to launch the next Jedi purge, that their own blood lust would be slated.

And to Cavillous he told all of this and more. From this place will be reborn the Rule of Two. "The continued strength of the Sith depends upon our finding it."

It was enough to tempt them all to find the world, Saridona Prime, though he of course didn't tell them everything, but they didn't know that at the time. Even now, in the present, only she knew, or thought she knew, everything. It was enough though, enough to instigate their first treachery. With resources dwindling Shaga was convinced that only through the use of his droid armies could the planet be taken. They would need generals to be sure, Sith Lords (and ladies) to lead them. So he ordered the minions put to death. It was an order not well received. Through Cavillous the minions discovered the order, and though many were slaughtered in the process by Shaga, they overwhelmed him and his life was extinguished, his brain matter better put to better use elsewhere. Shaga had not been wrong however, their resources were far too few to support so many. The minions were ordered into carbon freeze, and with their own numbers diminished so by Shaga, they went begrudgingly.

Cavillous used the moment to take over their small sect and using Harbinger's vision as a road map began the search for their new home. The search would take six long months, and there were surprises along the way. The biggest of course had come with their discovery of Saridona Prime and a populated Temple. The two infiltrators had been sent down to watch it, and when the Jedi's numbers increased following the rescue of their brethren in the Ruins, Pradeator had gone in with them.

The failure of the attack had almost undone Cavillous, as had the loss of his ground troops. But he still had a surprise in store for the Jedi, especially those who had been tricked into waking their own worst enemies.

present time, Cargo bay One, Hellfire

Awakened from their six month slumber the Sith minions tapped into the dark side and purged the hibernation sickness they would be told to expect from their bodies. They had been told to expect a Jedi fortress awaiting them when they awoke, but instead they found only a smattering of Jedi, the fools had awakened them early. To a being they brought forth their blades to slay their rescuers.

The Quarren, D'vey J'ons who had lost a face tentacle in his last fight with a Jedi now screamed "revenge!" as she attacked the nearest of them, an Ongree who couldn't have been more than a padawan. The others likewise were attacked by the Sith nearest them in fits of unrepentant rage that they all felt. All but one. One of the Sith felt something familiar about their would be rescuers, and staled her quietly. Upon catching sight of her she cried out, "This on is mine, none shall touch her." The other Sith minions obeyed the order, for she was one of the few who had managed to declare herself a dark lord of the Sith.

"Master Kasumi," Darth Onyx spoke to her former master. "It has been too long. It seems a shame you have waited so long to die, but fitting that it should come at my hands."

OOC: You've got roughly 87 Sith minions to deal with now. They will range in power from between a Jedi initiate and a low level Jedi Knight (aside from Onyx who is Coffee_ninja's to control). Feel free to inflict damage/injury/death upon them. Describe them in your own way and your individual fights with them. There should be enough of them around that you won't run out, but please don't kill them all yet. :p Any questions, feel free to PM me.

22. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace
    Fleeing the Temple of Light

Ian was glad at Darth Sixtus decision to leave this place. The two of them alone couldn't take the Temple of Light, much less keep it. it was time to uphold the oldest and noblest of brigand traditions and fight to run away.

"Once we have a ship and are away from this place..."

Ian was overcome by a terrible stench as Darth Sixtus stopped mid-sentence, a smell he knew all too well. It was Taab's disgusting pet, the steel or whatever he called it. It bared it's teeth and lunged at him, or at Sixtus, who could tell what was in the mind of the foul beast. With a forward slash of his lighstaber Ian caught the creature in mid jump, slashing off the forward of it's six disgusting legs. The beast let loose an awful howl as it crashed to the floor and began to whimper.

Ian approached it, it was a wounded animal, perhaps now more dangerous than it had been even before. It still had four functioning legs, tipped with razor sharp claws, and those fangs. It could inflict upon him or Darth Sixtus terrible wounds. He was unafraid however, as he calmly examined the thing from a distance of a few meters. He knew he could kill it at will now. It wouldn't be the first time he had killed a Guardian's pet. Out there, in the valley leading to the ruins he had accidentally killed Grandmaster Decinchi's pet rodent. A rat or a...ferret, Ian knew know with certitude, his mind becoming clearer and more focused as the dark side took more of a hold over him. It was an Endorian ferret, and though he had killed that small creature accidentally in a fit of youthful exuberance, he would kill this one now as a small bit of revenge for all the torment that Taab had caused Ian, not just here in the Temple, but over the years starting when the Mandalorian killed his master.

The creature started at Ian now, hate in it's eyes, and Ian understood that feeling. Unable to jump into the air, it still lunged at him again, and this time Ian stabbed at it, his lightsaber piercing the creature's hide, and lung, filling the hallway with the stench of cauterized flesh. Again the creature went down, gasping as it frothed at the mouth. It smelled worse now than it had before somehow, an Ian nearly gagged on the stench, but still he savored the creature's pain, knowing that any pain he caused the creature now would be multiplied ten fold when Taab returned and found what his precious animal had been through.

The beast could barely move now, it's breathing labored. Ian moved closer, ready to torture it, slowly despite the need he and Darth Sixtus had for speed. The creature though had other ideas, as soon as Ian was close enough it swiped it's mid leg at him, nearly catching him across the face. Only his force imbued reflexes saved him from a rather nasty scar. Without thinking he stabbed one last time into the animal, immolating it's heart and killing it instantly. "Kriff!" He exclaimed loudly to himself. "I wanted to make that last longer," he said sheepishly now to Darth Sixtus. before adding on. "Hanger bay, right. I know the way, follow me."

Tag Bardan_Jusik

OOC: "Fighting to run away" taken from Pirates of the Caribbean. Fate of Taab's pet granted me via PM.

23. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Rows of Carbonite

Kasumi heard the sabers hit the deck with metallic thuds. As each one hit the Force sent her memories, some she wished she would have forgotten long ago.

Memories

Kasumi and Onyx had arrived at the temple only a few months apart from each other. The two didn’t talk to each other, or anyone else really, as they were scared. They were in the same classes and somehow were always paired together for saber training. It was after one bout that left both with bruises, but Kasumi was the victor. Onyx had fought with her heart and was crushed when she lost. Up until that time, neither one could best the other. Kasumi caught up with her the next morning.

“Hi, you doing ok?”

“No. How did you get ahead of me?”

“What do you mean? It was just a lucky strike. You know you are as good as I am.”

“Right…lucky….”

Onyx just looked away. Kasumi decided to take a chance and rolled up her sleeve.

“I might have gotten the point, but I’m sure my shoulder is going to pay the price for the hit you made.”

Onyx looked over at Kasumi’s bruised arm.

“That was a good shot!”

“Yeah, well, wait until you get a matching one!”

“What? No way! That’s never going to happen.”

“Oh yeah? Show me!” Kasumi said as she tossed a practice saber to Onyx, who glanced at it for a second and then followed to the practice ring.

From that moment on Kasumi and Onyx became the closest of friends and Onyx did get a matching bruise in the next few round of practice. The two were inseparable, or so they thought.

******Flash*****

Kasumi was holding her hand out to the earth that was falling away from the cliff….calling her friends name as she watched her fall.

********Flash********

“And explain to me why it was necessary to try this new skill out in the library?”

Onyx and Kasumi stood there trying not to laugh since they were the ones caught in the pile of books that they had tried to levitate from shelf to shelf. As it happened with the two of them, it became a game of who could to better and a came of teasing the other. That resulted in books being dropped and one shelf being knocked over. As the librarian stood there ever so calm asking them what the reason was that they decided to use the new skills there, the snickering was hard to hold in. That was until Aayla came around the corner.

“Did you not hear the question? What was the reasoning?”

Suddenly it wasn’t so funny. They both admired Aayla.

“We….we just wanted to show the other what we could do. And I guess it got out of hand…”

Aayla looked at Kasumi. “Why would it be necessary to out do the other? You have both learned the same skills. The practice area is for this, not the library. I’m sure the rest of the Jedi that use this area would appreciate the books being put back.”

Onyx went to levitate them back into place.

“Without use of the force.”

The two began to put the books back, when Aayla gave them two books to find when they were done and to bring them to her.

******Flash*****
    Kasumi saw herself face to face with a dark hooded figure. One she couldn’t make the face out…..but it felt familiar.

End

Why would the Force show her that…and now?

Master Kasumi,"Darth Onyx spoke to her former master. "It has been too long. It seems a shame you have waited so long to die, but fitting that it should come at my hands."

Kasumi got to her feet and turned around to come face to face with a long lost friend. Onyx once brown eyes were now red and gold, more red than gold. Her arms showed scars from the the years.

“Onyx….”

Onyx stood there looking at her former friend. The one that let her die and never tried to come back for her. Onyx smiled at her friend and lit her saber with a snap hiss…..and then lit the second side.

“Onyx….how….”

“I survived because a Sith healed my wounds from the fall, and showed me the true side of the Force. My old master was weak, and so was yours. And now you are weak as well….the cycle continues.”

Instead of using the saber Onyx used her own powers to slam Kasumi aginst the bulk head. Kasumi watched as Onyx moved closer, and saw the fire in her eyes that had been there when they were little, but now was dark.

“See my friend, my sleep brought me an even deeper understanding of the dark side. And I came out even more powerful…with new tricks.”

TBC

24. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi/Onyx

Surrounded by chaos

How could Kasumi not feel her old friend for so many years? How was that possible? Here memories showed her the last time that she saw her friend. It had been on a joint reconassance mission…..that was created as a trap…by an unknown Sith Lord.

Memory
    “Aayla! There is nothing here….turn back…..it’s a…..”

Onyx’s master’s voice was cut short over the com link. Aayla drew her saber and made her way to the location to see if the others were there. Kasumi followed closely. When they came to the spot where the vessel was supposed to be, they saw the master dying from blaster wounds and Onyx was no where to be found. Aayla went to his side and kneeled down.

“Forgive me for not getting here sooner.”

“Trap……no ship…..never existed. Contact…..fake. Onyx…..”

Kasumi followed where he was pointing and found Onyx on a precarious ledge where the ship should have been.

“Onyx….I’m coming to you!”

“No…stay there. This ledge is weak. It won’t hold both of us.”

“I’ll get a rope to get you up.”

Just then there was blaster fire from across the canyon and it hit just below the ledge, causing it to crumble before Kasumi could get to her friend. Kasumi saw her friend fall before she was pulled back by Aayla.

End Memory

Kasumi waited for Onyx to get close enough to her….she could feel her Force choking her as she got closer. She had to hold on…her ability to breathe was slowly being taken from her. Suddenly she was slammed against another bulk head and slid do her knees gasping for breath. She heard Onyx’s boots hitting the deck, and she heard the sabers of other Jedi.

“I thought you were…..”

“Dead? I spent months wishing I was. Do you have any idea, how excruciating it is to break nearly every bone in your body? And then, how it feels to finally try to move your muscles after they have been still for so long?”

“After injuries? No I don’t. After being frozen, yes I do. I tried to find you. I couldn’t even sense you. Don’t you think I would have come for you? Onyx…stop and think old friend! You can come home now, you can come back with me to the Temple.”

The laugh that came from Onyx filled the bay over the fighting and to all that heard it sent chills down their spines. She barked out orders to the others…. “Let no one live….get the youngest first…their future first!”

“NO!” Kasumi let her walls drop and her true Force Connection was felt by all. She did what she could to use what was left of the carbonite frame holders to help the others. She ripped them off their positions and used some to wrap some of the Sith up in them…encasing them in steal.

“It appears we are both learning in our sleep….my friend.”

“You used to laugh Onyx…you used to smile….look what the Sith have done to you.”

“I lost everything….do you know what that feels like?”

“Yes I do! Our Temple was destroyed, my home world was destroyed, and the death of so many still can be felt by my heart. You are not the only who has lost Onyx. My loss started with losing you.”

Onyx took a running start at Kasumi and Kasumi used the Force to push her back into the bulk head.

Onyx laughed again. “Shall we see who’s lessons were better? I finally have a match in someone…the rest have been so easy to kill.”

With a snap hiss Onyx relit her double bladed saber and took a pause to take a breath. That pause was enough for Kasumi to light her own green Saber with a snap hiss and take a deep breath. With an angry yell Onyx charged at her friend, and Kasumi met her head on. The cracks of the sabers rang out loudly enough that Kasumi was almost sure they could be heard through out the ship. Each blow the other tried to make was blocked, deflected, or dodged.

Onyx began to become more and more angry at her inability to beat her “weak” friend. Each had gotten some hits in on the other. Each was injured from the sabers taking their toll and from the multiple Force pushes into things. Onyx was done with this draw….and called on her Force Lighting…..and hit Kasumi with everything she had….throwing her past others that were fighting to the ground. Kasumi felt the sting of the lighting and when she landed felt her saber leave her hand and slide a good distance away from her. She couldn’t breathe….and slowly gave into the pain…..letting the darkness take her…..closing her eyes and letting go….

Onyx walked through the battle like the parting of the red sea to see what had become of her rival. She found her laying on the deck, her body burned by the Force Lightening. Onyx smiled an evil grin….and raised her saber for the final strike.

“Weak….you were always weak.”

TBC

25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Hellfire, Cargo Bay

Semajj had just moved to the next frozen Jedi, a young human woman with calm features, and an immense radiation in the force. He wiped away a smudge on the date near the bottom of her carbonite tomb, expecting her to be a far more recent addition than the Quarren next to her, merely by her presence in the force. Yet it was not so. "Six months?" he mumbled slightly. They came from the same time, yet seemed so different. The Quarren tortured, beaten and dim, and the human calm, serene, and bright.

The Male Zabrak next to her had been there for the same period of time, and seemed a mix between the two.

"This is weird..." he began, but just then a thick steam was released in the room, and every carbonite block in the tomb began to melt, as their occupants were released.

Semajj reached out to catch the woman in front of him, as she fell out of the block of carbonite. "What's going on?" He asked puzzled. She had tan skin, brown eye's and dark hair, he began to aid in her decent to the floor as he shoved aside his curiosity. His first instinct was to help these people, these Jedi. "Don't worry your all alright, all of you are!" He tried in his best soothing voice. They must all be so confused, and terrified. He didn't even noticed the silver cylinder that clattered to the ground next to her.

"Its a Trap!"

These words came from Knight Letali. Resulting in Semajj doing a double take back in her direction, just in time to see the crimson blade of the Quarrens strike at his head.

"Revenge!"

With a frantic confusion Semajj ducked. And as he looked back at the human woman below him, her brown eye's flashed a sickly red, and her own blade ignited under him, lashing blindly at the Ongree, just barely nicking his chin as he retreated away. "What!!" He screamed in terror at the sudden change in mood. He called on the force heavily propelling himself away from the engagement, trying to take in recent developments that made no sense to him.

He looked at the two, both physically, and in the force. The female Quarrens faint presence had erupted in a blaze of darkness. The human womans bright interior had changed into a black hole of evil.
    "A ruse..." he understood finally. They had different levels of training, both drew in their true presence to prevent the Jedi from sensing their evil, but the human had more training than the Quarren, she had enough to project a false aura of light.

Hesitance had shifted into determination, the Ongrees green blade ignite in time to block two more sloppy strikes from the Quarren.

Strange, he thought, the human woman had not joined the fray. He glanced past his attacker to see her companion only just getting off the floor, leaning against the block that once housed her, lightsaber once again unlit, and her hand was waving in front of her face. "I.. I can't see." she muttered in confusion.

Carbon Sickness! How lucky. Clearly this trap was well thought out, but not all of them could avoid the risks involved in carbon freezing. And her surprising condition had made her hesitate, only for a moment, but a moment was all that was needed.

With a smooth step Semajj blasted the Quarren ten meters back into the darkness with the force, and struck with his blade. Sight was not mandatory for lightsaber combat, anyone with basic training in the force might be able to accommodate without it, but the shear surprise had not worn off from the woman, who soon had his green lightsaber impaled between her shoulder blades.

Semajj recoiled, tossing the corpse to the side just in time to block a strike coming from a male Nikto who wanted to try and gun for him, and the male Zabrak who swiftly joined him. Quickly the Ongree fell into a defensive stance, form III. Searching for an opening, he didn't have to wait long, as he chopped the Zabrak across the chest with a simple twirl of his blade he turned his focus completely on the Nikto. Semajj shrugged off three or four strikes before he sensed something else coming.

The Quarren had returned to him. "Die Jedi Scum!" she cried as she tried to run him through.
    Semajj simply sidestepped her blow, which instead impaled her Nikto comrade.
    This resulted in a brief hesitation on her part, which Semajj exploited by slicing off her head.

The whole struggle took maybe five minutes. But it was exhausting. Other Sith minions were about he sensed, though none immediately struck for him. So he took a moment to catch his breath. And gently rubbed the small cut on his chin as he looked around the drastically changed environment. The chaos of the room, and a new darkness in the force made things difficult to see. No Jedi were in his immediate line of sight, at least not anymore. "Hello!" He shouted. "Can anyone hear me!?!"
    No response came right away. So after Semajj had regained his composure he decided to explore.

A dark robed figure came out of the shadows to strike, but Semajj dodged this one easily enough. He brought his blade out from under slicing its belly open in the process. He couldn't tell what species it was, or even if it was male or female due to its mask and loose robes. But he didn't care.

"Not so easy to kill when we know who our enemies are, are we?" he mused.

And with that he leapt back into battle, intent on finding his fellow Jedi.

Tags: Bardan_Jusik, galactic-vagabond422, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, Coffee_Ninja

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.