1. RPF Award Voting has Begun!

    Click here to view the ballot!

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth, May 13, 2011.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. CPL_Macja Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    IC: Risca Kor?le
    Temple of Light
    ?I?ll be in the Council Chambers.?

    Risca just continued working on her new double-bladed saber dedicating her complete concentration to finishing up the construction of her new weapon. When she opened up her former Master?s saber she discovered that its diatium power cell was partially corroded. That would explain the shorting out problem. Good thing I was planning on making this into a saber-staff. I can remove the corroded portion of this power cell and fuse the rest to my other one.

    She then set to work on the activation circuitry for the weapon. The activation switch on her saber had become welded to the hilt. She removed the damaged switch, ground down the housing, sanded the hilt, and welded a patch over the opening. She then re-routed both blades? activation circuits to the one good switch and reworked it so that she could activate the blades together or independent from one another.

    Once all the mechanical work was completed it came time to make the hilt visually appealing and functional. She removed all the black hand grips from both blades and discarded them. She preferred the look and feel of the chrome. Since she had reduced the overall size of both weapons, the new hilt was considerably shorter than most double-bladed lightsabers. She reduced the size of the ring tuning flanges from both magnetic stabilizing rings, so that they didn?t cause a snagging hazard, and added a sliding rail for her new belt attachment.

    Now came the tricky part. She gathered up all the individual components into the cloth that she had been working on. She carefully folded them up so that nothing fell out and then walked to the nearest dock to cross the lake. She had not spent much time in the meditation gardens since her sister preferred to hang out in the animal sanctuary. She found a nice quiet spot, sat down, and started meditating on her weapon design. She would remain there until her new saber was completely constructed, crystals completely tuned, and all of it was infused with her essence in the Force.
    TAG: No One
    --- --- ---
    IC: Voj Velkin
    Cabur Base
    Voj watched as Taab walked over from talking with Ryi, cradling his carbine, and agreed to join him. Voj was still talking with Leianna when the Sergeant joined them, ?Tell me, Leianna, where exactly is Jaxon and the Younglings??

    [image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja/Leianna.jpg]

    Leianna pulled out a small holo projector and brought up the same map of the Base that Voj had shown to Taab on the journey in. ?They?re there,? she said pointing the red dot on the first level, ?But it is not going to be easy to get to. Since the base is in lockdown the lifts are all disabled. Plus there is a plasma fire that broke out in the lower two levels that has severely damaged the mag-rail platform on this level.?

    [image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja/Map6.jpg]

    She slipped off the JT-12 jetpack that had been on her back and strapped it to Voj?s back, ?You?ll need this,? she then leaned in close to him and whispered in an almost inaudible tone, ?make sure you carry it back to me and not the other way around.? She then pulled away and looked deeply into his eyes. Voj had always had a feeling that she held some kind of feelings for him, but now it was a slightly more than a feeling.

    He just nodded, slapped on his helmet, and head for the hanger bay blast doors. As they approached the two guards that stood there took two shots to each of their chest plates causing them to fall to the ground. A blast deep within the base shook the whole facility.

    Voj turned to Leianna that had been following them, ?Take the Marauder and head out to the Defender. Tell Seanna and Ryi to take the Unnecessary Force to get our other packages, they?ll know what we mean. Taab and I will get the kids and meet up with you.? He cou
  2. Darth_Lexis Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Jan 27, 2009
    star 1
    IC: Lexis, Sith Acolyte
    The Dark Child
    Lexis had no clue where his battlestation was, but it was quickly given to him. The pilot seat of a Sith starfighter. He had no experience what so ever flying a starfighter in combat, but he was not about to go against his masters once again.

    Lexis got in and followed his new Mistress, Darth Lilith, out into the space battle that was on the verge of exploding. He followed her lead and fired into the cloud of Jedi and Pirate starfighters trying to force them to engage. But their lack of action only infuriated the young Sith even more.

    ?Come on you dirty sons of mynocks, turn and face us.? He fired off even more blasts towards the Jedi that were in a defensive posture. ?Lexis to Mistress Lilith, are we just going to buzz around like a bunch of Skreevs or are we going to take the fight to this bunch of Jedi slime??
    TAG: NJT & AoD
  3. JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 15, 2010
    star 10
    NJT Co-GM Post

    IC: Rid Malt - Chuunthor II


    Rid felt as the enemy began to fire upon their fleet.

    As he just arrived at the bridge, the first shots were fired.

    "I see, the cowards decide to just fire at whatever they come across...bunch of savages in this galaxy." Rid said as he made his way to his command chair.

    "Sir! The enemy is showing signs of hostility."

    "You think?" Rid said as he punched some ship commands. He sent 75% of the shield's power to the forward operating section.

    "All Jedi starfighters, do not pursue the enemy fighters, engage them in defensive battle only." Rid commanded.

    Meanwhile, the parts they were scavenging from the pirate ship were being applied to the ships engines. Some of the parts fit well enough, but some had to be jury rigged into place. Still, they only had to function long enough.

    "All turrets, aimed at enemy fighters...any of them that get into blasting range, well......blast them."

    TAG: NJT, AoD
  4. T-rex-Jedi Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Jun 24, 2011
    star 1
    IC: Silence
    Silence was late, but he was sleeping when Josch summoned the Jedi Knights and Masters. Of course, it wasn't him being summoned that led him to showing up. Like the others, he too had the mysterious vision and he some what had a vague memory of what was happening. Unlike many of the others though, it repeated over and over and over until he woke up. Feeling that he actually needed help on it, he had grabbed his gear and headed towards the council chambers, only to find others being in the Main Hallway and he could sense they were here for the same reason. His quiet nature prevented many but the most observant members of the Guardians from sensing him, but he was able to stand a step ahead of the hallway entrance and heard the discussion of what was happening till Josch suggested to continue the discussion in the council chambers. Silence realized this just got more serious as when the group started to follow Josch, Silence remained a bit before he too started to follow.
    TAG: GoL
  5. darthhelinith Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 10, 2009
    star 5
    IC: Darth Helinith
    Location: Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccceeeee!


    ?WAHOOOO!?
    Oh it had been such a long time since Helinith had been in her fighter. Way too long. The controls still responded like a dream and the craft was almost an extension of herself. They were both relics of another age, and here they were, together, still proving that Imperial shipyards 150 years ago could actually make decent fighters, when they weren?t restricted by a measly budget.
    Helinith pulled back suddenly and behind a pirate fighter, shooting with deadly accuracy. His craft exploded before he had time to react. But pirates weren?t any fun.
    Where were those Jedi she could feel?
    She began to reach out, trying to find them. Maybe she could press onto their minds, make them fearful or overconfident and more likely to make a mistake, such as breaking formation.
    ?Lexis to Mistress Lilith, are we just going to buzz around like a bunch of Skreevs or are we going to take the fight to this bunch of Jedi slime??
    Lexis if you want to be useful, shut up. Helinith didn't say it of course, training Lexis wasn't her business, but it was tempting. He'd been getting increasingly annoying recently. Somehow her thoughts strayed to Mal and she wondered if he was thinking about her. She shook her head quickly to clear the fog before replying over the communications "Anyone have any ideas how to break that formation? There's got to be something we can exploit, but I'm not much of a tactics person."

    TAG: AoD and NJT
  6. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Dec 14, 2009
    star 10
    IC Beskaryc Taab
    Cabur Base


    Taab listened as the female Journeyman Knight gave he and Bucko a quick SITREP. Four kids, led by an inexperianced young adult, trapped one level up from their own position. The lifts and other powered transportation systems were down inside the base, and there was at least a platoon, maybe two, of enemy soldiers between them and freedom. Sounded like a challenge. Taab smiled underneath his buy'ce, it sounded like fun.

    Next he watched as she handed over her jetpack to Bucko. At least he looked the part of a mando now. He also caught the brief moment between them as she wished for his safe return. Such sentimentality had its place, but time seemed to be of the essence here. He voiced his concern, "burnin time here folks", but they seemed to ignore him as they started to move off towards the blast doors.

    The two guards there went down hard. Taab ignored them. There was nothing he could do for them now, and they didn't appear to have any weapons or gear that Taab wanted to recover. Bucko's own people could recover them and the bodies if they wanted to.

    Orders were given and cyar'ika, as Taab had now nicknamed her, handed Bucko an old, but well maintained, blaster rifle before she ran off to obey. In the close quarters combat they would be facing a shorter, handier carbine would have been better. But the longer rifle was better than nothing. It did have the advantage of offering better punch and range than Taab's own carbine did.

    "Don't worry cyar'ika, we'll be fine!" he called out after her, emphasizing the we. He couldn't blame her for not caring if the hired help came back or not, but he was helping to get her people out. A little concern would have been nice. He smiled again as Bucko spoke.

    ?You ready to rock and roll?" Taab inclined his head in that characteristic mandalorian nod. "Then let?s do this.?

    Taab re-checked the blaster levels in his carbine again and patted his armor plates. Everything was in place, he was ready to do his part. But before they breached the doors he looked over to Bucko one last time. The new jetpack catching his eye. With just the two of them they couldn't afford to be pinned down. They would have to keep on the move, always advancing. Maybe they could outflank the jetti'roya and catch them by surprise. This was Bucko's base, he had better knowledge of the terrain than anyone. An excellent advantage to be exploited. "So tell me, does that chasm you mentioned earlier reach all the way up to the first level?"

    TAG: CPL (Voj)
  7. Padawan4687 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 10, 2010
    star 5
    IC: Alisha Tano
    Location: TCC, Temple of Light


    "Oh? I suppose it is a bit comforting..." Alisha said slowly, in response to Ian's statement. "Knowing that you are connected." she has never given too much thought on a Force Bond, and this was her first time really using it! But she stopped then because she doubted Ian ever had a chance to communicate with his own Master before he slipped in his coma.

    She also hadn't heard any other message from her Master, so she began drifting in thought about the frightening vision. However, as she went deeper into her mind, she felt an odd sensation. Not physically, but....it was there. Also, she was all too familiar with the feeling. It was a Life Force slowly fading.

    Without losing focus, Alisha closed her eyes and tried to extend her Force Sence to the interior of the Temple. She quickly established that it was no one she was close to, and she also found that the fading Life energy was coming from the Medical Center. It vanished before Alisha could tell who it was. However, a brief glimpse of a face appeared in her mind. Much like when she believed it was Ahsoka during the Ruins investigation, but this time, it was Treysk Jay'su. For a split second, Alisha felt relief, that she wouldn't have to fear another "test" from him. However, then that relief instantly changed to shock.

    Ian's Master had just become one with the Force. And if she could sense this, then his Padawan could surely sense it as well. "..." she was unsure of what to say.

    TAG: Gotab
  8. Teegirloo Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 26, 2005
    star 6
    Darth Lilith
    Cockpit of a Sith fighter


      ?Lexis to Mistress Lilith, are we just going to buzz around like a bunch of Skreevs or are we going to take the fight to this bunch of Jedi slime??

      Tsk...Lilith bit her bottom lip. Lexis wasn?t the only one that was frustrated. The Jedi continued on with their defensive stance and not engaging in flying out of flank. This made for a much more difficult battle than she hoped. Nonetheless Lilith continued on but trying to think of a new strategy.

      "Anyone have any ideas how to break that formation? There's got to be something we can exploit, but I'm not much of a tactics person."

      Lilith?s yellowish red eyes perked up like a flame as an idea came flowing to her mind. ?I might just have an idea?? she replied back. Her fighter did a three sixty spin to avoid blaster fire. She swerved and maneuvered in and out of the cross fire.

      ?Follow me.? she yelled out as she flew up behind the Jedi ship?s back end. Shooting her laser cannon as she makes a run the length of the Jedi ship on from bottom to top.

      If the Jedi don?t want to move from their position then we take it to them another way.?

      She knew this was the best way to get to the engines but in order to make the flight it had to be perfect. Now they would have to move in order to counter attack.

      Helinith i need you to go on to the bottom length of the ship and use your laser to damage the bottom hull. They should follow you as well there is no other way they would have to. Lexis follow me and watch my back.?


    TAG: NJT, AoD
  9. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2003
    star 10
  10. BlueHeron Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 28, 2003
    star 2
    IC: Dovey Lahana
    Temple of Light


    Dovey carefully took a lock of hair in her hands. She did not like being in such a large group. As they walked further down the hall, she focused for a few moments on each of the people around and in front of her. Miria was calm, although there was some confusion regarding the vision floating off of her. Overall though she seemed centered to Dovey, and she was glad of it.

    Josch, the Grand Master of the order was all business. His confusion was about the same as anyone else's and that was fine with her. He walked close to Miria but made no attempt to comfort her. She didn't know how she felt about that but figured that he needed to stand firm as the leader.

    There was the kubaz, Hochner. He seemed hesitant somehow. Maybe he didn't know what was going on? She doubted it but he seemed slightly apart from the group, not in location but in lack of spoken word or association with the others. He didn't even seem to look around him much. Dovey wondered briefly what he was thinking.

    Dovey switched her attention to Fey-Li. She got a sense of calm from the woman which was welcome. Her thought on that gave her a few moments to realize her own emotions were controlling her a bit too much. She was not a scared little girl anymore. Hadn't been for some time. It was strange thinking that but not unusual in such strange circumstances, she supposed. Dovey calmed herself, letting her emotion sink back as her presence became still once again.

    Alec was, as usual, very reserved. He did not seem to have much emotion, being your typical jedi.

    As the group made the last part of the trip to the council chambers, she felt like stepping back but knew that she too was part of this whether she liked it or not.

    TAG: CPL, Swan, Mitth, Dewie, Sarge

    BultarSwan likes this.
  11. JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 15, 2010
    star 10
    NJT Co-GM Post

    IC: Rid Malt - Chuunthor II


    As Rid looked on at the tactical display board, he noticed an enemy fighter fly behind and underneath the Chuunthor.

    Rid had a quick response to that maneuver.

    "I want 65% of the turrets in the area to focus on that leading starfighter. Feel the Force, use it to guide your shots."

    Rid sat back watching the the T.D.B.

    Meanwhile, the engines repairs were beginning to come to fruition. Little by little the jury-rigged parts began to disperse power throughout the ship. The engines powers climbing up and showing life.

    Rid saw on the display moniters this and felt a rush of relief.

    "Good!"

    TAG: NJT, Tee, AoD
  12. Darth Aiser Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 26, 2006
    star 4
    IC: Jusik Tur-Mukan
    Location: The Bridge of the Dark Child.

    ?How do you fancy your skills as a military commander, verd'ika?? asked Darth Mal, a fellow mandalorian sith gesturing toward the Holo map of the space battle showing the fighters buzzing around the jedi ship. "Well its obvious that the Jetii are how do I say this umm, Ori'buyce, kih'kovid. The have placed themselves into a strong defensive formation and refusing to come out to play, but the prirates are more willing to attack us." Jusik stared at the holo for a couple of seconds with a thinking look on his face. "This is not usual Pirates and Jedi fighting on the same side, perhaps we could cause a bit of confusion unless they are on each others bridges, here is a stunt that may work. We can order our fighters NOT to attack the Pirates, and then on a frequency that we know both the jedi and pirates moniter we tell the pirate captian his thanks for telling us this location on finding this jedi fleet and that he can meet us at our secert meeting place to collect their reward and to continue to fire at us to help the ruse, then jam all their comms" Jusick said while watching the fighters scramble all the other ship's hull. "This ought to create mistrust and chaos if it works if it dont we dont really lose anything we just keep firing on those engines."

    TAG: HELINITH

    oc: verd'ika = Private
    Jetii= Jedi
    Ori'buyce, kih'kovid= literally: All Helmet, No head, in basic: Full of themselves.
  13. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Temple of Light Hallway/ Council Chambers

    He walked onward with the group, keeping his respectful distance behind the ex- and current Grand Masters. The one he had met within the cold winter had joined them and so had. . .well he needed to get his eyes checked or he really really needed the masters to pick his brain and possibly reset something gone haywire.

    Still he followed and kept his gaze ahead, his emotions focused on the duty that was the mystery of his and the ex-Grand Masters visions. If he didn?t look at the double he could pretend his mind was no longer on the fritz, and he felt a small sense of relief as they finally entered the Council Chambers if for nothing else then that soon someone trustworthy would look inside his head and sort this all out.

    Then things could resume as usual, or rather as usual as anything ever is for the Guardians. With the potential of the darkside banging at their barricades. Yes, business as usual.

    TAG: Bultar Swan, CPL, Dewie, Sarge, BlueHorn
  14. Gotab Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 18, 2011
    star 1
    IC Ian Thrace
    Temple of Light TCC


    Ian had immediately regretted his earlier statement. He was sure he had offended Alsiha, but she seemed to take it in stride. "Oh? I suppose it is a bit comforting.... Knowing that you are connected."

    She seemed to be trying hard not to rub it in Ian's face that she had the Grandmaster for her own master. A master that cared about her and her training. A master that was connected to her through the force. Ian's own master had been antagonistic towards her and the others. He hadn't taken much time to try to get to know Ian before he had placed himself into a force induced coma. Before he had abandoned his padawan and left Ian to try to figure out the force on his own. There had never been an opportunity to create a force bond betwee.....

    And than he felt it, it was a feeling he hadn't had in just over a decade. It had been much stronger than. But as he had just been lamenting, his connection to his former master had been much stronger than it had been with Master Jay'su. It was a feeling of emptiness that pervaded a small corner of the force. The corner reserved in Ian's mind for his master.

    It seemed different in many ways. His previous master had been torn away from him. killed by a bounty hunter before his own eyes. He had felt the violence of her passing, her regret that she wouldn't be able to guide his knowledge of the force. This time he felt no regret from his dying master, no ripping away of a life essence, just Master Jay'su fading away, peacefully, willingly even. The feeling was so different, and yet so similar. He had no doubt that his master had just died.

    A single tear began to make it's way down Ian's face. All he had wanted was a master who would care about him and help him to grow in the force. A master who would train him to become a jedi, so he wouldn't have to be afraid of everything anymore. And now, for the second time in his life he had felt his own master die. Was he cursed?

    He had just been speaking about his jealousy of Alisha's relationship with her own master, and in that moment he had lost his own. Was it his fault somehow? Had Master Jay'su felt Ian's disappointment and decided to move on beyond the veil without him? Was this a punishment for Ian's throughts? Or was it just because Jay'su saw nothing in Ian worth training?

    His single tear now turned into a deluge as Ian began to sob uncontrollably. He collapsed to the floor and than crawled underneath one of the TCC workstations. He crouched on his haunches, rocking back and forth. The tears flowed freely now. He was alone again. Alone and afraid in a galaxy that seemed to relish in tormenting him.

    TAG: Paddy
    BultarSwan likes this.
  15. The_Zeltron Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2010
    star 6
    IC: Gaan Be'orar - Saridona Prime

    Gaan felt a touch on the bond again, but stubbornly refused to open it and listen, simply continuing on to the Council Chambers. Entering, she took up her position with the rest of the Jedi, and waited for the Grand Master to speak.

    TAG: CPL, GoL


    IC: Shaula Raesha - Space Battle

    Shaula watched in surprise as pirate fighters turned, some joining the ranks of the Jedi squadrons while others headed toward the Sith. Sith fighters were heading for them, and taking on their flanks, while the main ship once again took on the Chu'unthor II. The Chu'unthor II returned fire on the Sith fighters, while her administrator ordered, "All Jedi starfighters, do not pursue the enemy fighters, engage them in defensive battle only."

    "Copy that." Shaula once again switched to fighter frequency. "You all heard him. Hold here at all costs. May the Force be with us." Shaula glanced down at her display, and realized there was a fighter behind the mothership. Speaking solely to the Chu'unthor II, "Knight Malt, you want me to engage that fighter? I can be spared from the defensive line."

    TAG: NJT, AoD
  16. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2003
    star 10
    IC: Miria Lahana
    Temple of Light


    Miria grinned when she saw her sister join them. Her smile was only slightly dampened by her knowledge that Dovey was uncomfortable. As Miria turned around to start walking she caught a glimpse of Hochner's face just as he gave her sister a surreptitious glance. She wondered what that was about but turned anyways to move towards the council chambers.

    As they approached and entered, Miria stayed close to Josch. She watched as the others entered and settled around the room, some close and some a bit further. This time she got a proper look at all of them. There were eight total, including herself and the visiting Alec. She wondered just what they would all be going through in the near future, specifically with the ruins.

    Miria wanted to know if Josch would send her sister; it would probably work since her Dovey was battle-oriented. How different they were. But it made sense with there very different backgrounds. She glanced at Hochner, whom she was sitting nearby. After a moment, she turned to him and asked, "Can you tell me more about what you saw?" She said it audibly so that everyone would be able to hear. "Hochner and I both had a second vision," she said by way of explanation before turning back to look at Hochner.

    TAG: Jedi
  17. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Temple of Light Hallway/ Council Chambers

    Once in the council chambers he took a seat and ended up sitting near the ex-Grand Master. . . well who he thought was the ex-Grand Master. With the current vision issues he was wondering if he might not be seeing things, but it was not his place to speak in this gathering.

    Then she, the ex-Grand Master, had to ask him to relate his vision again. Taking a deep breath and letting it out of a shaky trunk he looked around the room for somebody to object. Nobody did, not even the current Grand Master.

    ?Yes, Master. After the vision of mists and colors with dark feelings, what is own believed a second vision occurred immediately after. What I saw was Guardians, many Guardians, and I saw you Master Miria. I tried to speak, but nothing came out. Unmoving you suddenly began to float away, as though breaking from us. I tried to run but found myself crawling after you. None of the others followed. None of the others seemed truly aware.? Silence if but for the moment left him sitting there with a hand raised as if a blinder next to his goggles.

    ?That is all Master.?

    TAG: Bultar Swan, CPL, Dewie, Sarge, BlueHorn
  18. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Dec 14, 2009
    star 10
    OOC: The following post was done in conjuction with CPL via a marathon YIM session. Obviously it is Co-GM approved.

    IC Beskaryc Taab
    Cabur Base


    Bucko nodded silently to Taab's question about the chasm. It appeared he had come to the same conclusion as to their best route of advance against their enemy. They moved through the partially open blast doors prepared to open fire on the person or persons who had felled the guards only a moment before. But they were in luck, they saw a single jetti'roya, his visor smoking where a blaster bolt had hit it square on, fall to the floor unmoving. Apparently the guards had given about as good as they got before they had been killed.

    Taab watched as Bucko keyed in his access code and the blast doors slid shut with a whine. Their motors had been damaged by the ongoing battle, hopefully they would still be operational by the time the pair returned with their wayward packages. But until than at least they had given any additional attackers an extra barrier to breach.

    They moved down the tunnel until it ended as they came to a 20 meter wide chasm. There were no railings or guard rails. The miners who had begun this shaft apperently didn't have to worry about safety regulations this far out from civilization. The crumbling edges of the formex flooring simply gave way to one of the largest man made pits on Concordia. Updrafts from the fires raging on the levels below caused a smokey haze to drift up and helped to obscure their vision. Taab activated the milimeter wave radar in his buy'ce to help him to see and tag targets they came across. Thermal imaging would have been nearly useless with all of the fires raging throughout the facility.

    All around them they could hear the groan of steel beams and the humming of power cables punctuated by sizzling sparks in places where those cables had been cut by the fighting. From deep down at the bottom of the chasm a booming explosion brought forth more crackling fires and bursts of steam up to their level.

    Bucko cut through the noise with a short range radio transmission from his own buy'ce to Taab's. They would be able to communicate this way without having to try to shout over the cacophony of sound around them. It would also help them to remain unheard by their enemy. "Well I guess this is why we are lugging these things around" as he indicated the jetpacks on their backs.

    "You sure you still remember how to use one?" In response Bucko activated his pack and jetted up to the floor above them. Taab followed after him.

    They both landed and immediatly went into a high ready posture, prepared to engage any targets that might try to oppose their landing. But there were none, they were alone for the moment. Now on the first floor, Taab could see that the cables and wires attached to the ceiling over the chasm were actually supports for a series of cargo nets and bins. Bucko indicated a room to the Northeast. "The controls for the winches are in there, but they are not functioning." Now he pointed down the main corridor. "The easiest route is to head down the main tunnel, take the third branch and collect them."

    "Lead the way, your house, your party."

    "Your funeral" Bucko replied with a laugh.

    They began to jog down the corridor slowing when they reached a small branchline to the mag-lev off to their right. Directly across from it was a sealed blast door.
    "Sarge, cross the line and check that corner ahead, I have your six."

    "Moving." But as Taab moved ahead to peek around the corner several large blaster cannon bolts flew by. They missed, and instead impacted the walls behind the two Mandalorians. "Oh shab." They couldn't afford to waste time assaulting the blast cannon and its crew, the chance was too great that they would get pinned down.

    [col
  19. Padawan4687 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 10, 2010
    star 5
    IC: Alisha Tano
    Location: TCC, Temple of Light


    Alisha could not respond for a few seconds when she saw Ian's breakdown. She then got to one knee, seeing him huddled tightly beneath a table, sobbing. Treysk Jay'su's passing clearly struck him hard. He wasn't a Padawan for such a long time though...only a few weeks or less before he had fallen into his coma. As much as she didn't like the Bothan, she could only felt empathy and sadness for his apprentice. However, she was unsure of what she could do to try and comfort him.

    Ignoring her own embarrassment, she quickly moved to where Ian sat huddled, and knelt beside him. She then recalled how Ian had flinched when she had placed a hand on his shoulder. He clearly hated being touched, but this was how she was comforted back at Shili. This was the method she knew. "...Ian..." she said softly, as she hesitantly wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "I... I want to help..."

    She held him firmly, but loose enough that if he flinched, she could let go. But she didn't move away, saying, "I'm so sorry.....Ian."

    TAG: Gotab
  20. darthhelinith Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 10, 2009
    star 5
    IC: Darth Mal and Darth Helinith
    Location: The Bridge of the Dark Child/Attacking Chuunthor II


    "This is not usual Pirates and Jedi fighting on the same side, perhaps we could cause a bit of confusion unless they are on each others bridges, here is a stunt that may work. We can order our fighters NOT to attack the Pirates, and then on a frequency that we know both the jedi and pirates moniter we tell the pirate captian his thanks for telling us this location on finding this jedi fleet and that he can meet us at our secert meeting place to collect their reward and to continue to fire at us to help the ruse, then jam all their comms. This ought to create mistrust and chaos if it works if it dont we dont really lose anything we just keep firing on those engines."

    Mal nodded in approval. Jusick was clearly nearing the end of his apprenticeship. Helinith had done a decent job with training the lad, and it showed. "A good plan indeed. If we were dealing with pirates that were more of a threat, I would have carried it out and gone one further, giving them the option to join our side. It would have then been simple to blast them from existence as they came into range with the cannons when the fight ended. As it is, they?re completely useless and are going down with ease.? Mal wondered to himself when Helinith was planning to knight her apprentice. Or if she had even thought of it. Maybe he should mention it next time he was with her.
    He bent down suddenly, staring intently at the holomap as the fighter marked as Helinith's pulled into range of the Jedi vessel's turrets, trying to get a clear run along the bottom of the hull. He suddenly was very aware that he hadn?t been listening in to the fighter chatter and cursed inwardly at his mistake. Panicked suddenly for Helinith?s safety, all thoughts about tactics and Jusick's training were instantly forgotten.
    "What the kriff is she doing? Helinith? Get the hell out of there!"
    ?Hello to you too, Mal.?
    Mal growled. ?You haven?t got anyone to cover you! Are you crazy? A fighter could swoop down behind you any moment!?
    ?I?m fine, really. It?s all part of Lilith?s plan. You?ll see.?
    Helinith sounded cheerful, which was far from what Mal was right now.
    ?Yeah well that plan is full of osik.? Mal growled threateningly. ?You get back here right now and I?ll send Jusick out to replace you. Tell Darth Lilith that she can gamble her own life, not yours.?
    ?Why not mine??
    That was something Mal couldn?t say. Not that he hadn?t tried to. Many many times. But he couldn?t say it. Not now, not on a public channel and with Jusick watching. And in front of the entire command crew of the Dark Child, who looked suspiciously busy every time he turned to look at them.
    ?Well, why not?? It was clear Helinith wasn?t taking silence for as an option.
    ?I-I?ll tell you next time I see you in person.? Mal groaned silently to himself. What had he just set himself up for?

    TAG: Sinre, Tee, Thomas, Lexis, NJT.
  21. Gotab Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 18, 2011
    star 1
    IC Ian Thrace
    Temple of Light TCC


    Ian continued to shake and weep even as Alisha moved to comfort him. At first he was unaware of her presence there, he didn't even flinch when she placed her arms around his shoulders in an effort to calm him down.

    But it didn't work. He slowly became aware of what she was doing, how dare she! "Sorry? How can you be sorry when you know nothing of my pain?" He shook her arms off from around his shoulders. "Is your first memory of the Ossus Temple burning down around you?" He crawled out from under the console. "Did you have to watch your master's life ripped from her by some Mandalorian thug?" He shook his head and walked away from her for a few meters. "Have you spent the last ten years under the oppressive thumb of a petty criminal gang. Knowing you could use your powers to escape, but were too afraid to?" The tears stopped flowing, "And when you found this safe haven, did you have that feeling of finally being safe destroyed by an armored bully and a master that would rather die than continue your training?"

    Now he became to angry to speak. He knew the answers. No, she had known none of Ian's pain. She had everything, a master who cared about her. Confidence in herself to not be a victim, and the strength to back it up if required. Ian looked over to her and for a moment hate flashed in his eyes. She had everything he wanted, and it wasn't fair. In that moment all his anger and fear and frustration exploded through him. He guided it through the force into what for him was a massive effort.

    He turned around and directed this at an unsuspecting Alisha, force pushing her away from him and throwing her against the far wall of the TCC. She lay there for a moment, how injured she was Ian couldn't tell. But the force push had exhausted him, if she came up fighting he would have no chance. So he approached her and ignited his lightsaber only inches from her face. It's gleaming blue blade, once his master's over a decade ago, cast a eerie glow over Tano's red-orange skin in the dimly lit TCC.

    TAG: Paddy

    OOC: I got Paddy's permission beforehand to describe the force-push and its results.
  22. Padawan4687 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 10, 2010
    star 5
    IC: Alisha Tano
    Location: TCC, Temple of Light


    Listening to Ian's furious speech, Alisha was left briefly frozen. She didn't understand his pain...? Yes she did! Her homeworld was invaded, her village burned down, and her family gone! She understood perfectly what Ian was going through! Then it occurred to her that she had never gone into depth with her own past with him, even when he told his. She quickly stood up and opened her mouth to explain when she felt a wall bearing down on her.

    Alisha wad knocked off her feet, and flew clean across the room of the TCC. Time seemed to slow down, and Alisha knew it was Ian who fired the Force blast at her. She lay on the ground, dazed, and in pain. Her back struck a control panel, and there was a sharp radiating pain there. She let out a feeble cough and managed to rise to one knee. She was unable to go up any further, because she heard a lightsaber ignite. A low hum was heard, and there was a bright blue light shining in Alisha's face. A blade angled down at her. Ian looked ready to slice her head off.

    Despite the saddness felt a moment ago, Alisha's gaze was one of pure rage. She rose a hand and used the Force to shove Ian's blade away from her. She then grabbed the handle, wrestling it away. She then held it at Ian's torso.

    "Do you honestly think... I had a perfect childhood?" she asked him harshly. "A cuddled life with everything I ever wanted? No!"

    She deactivated Ian's lightsaber then, and continued fiercely, "My first memory is not of destruction. But the last memory I have of my home world is everyone getting slaughtered, and my mother getting arrested!" she snapped. "My mother...was the only family I had! Now I don't even know if she is alive! You think I don't know what you are going through, Ian? I know exactly what it feels like!"

    She almost threw Ian's lightsaber to the floor in her anger, but she used the Force to clip itself back to his belt. For all she knew, it could be a relic on it's own, like hers. Alisha stood tall, her angry eyes locked with Ian's. That's when she gave a slight flinch. Her back and side were hurting now. But she wouldn't be the one to let him know that.

    TAG: Gotab

  23. Gotab Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 18, 2011
    star 1
    IC Ian Thrace
    Temple of Light TCC


    Ian looked at Tano's face, ready to stab her at the slightest hint of her fighting back. But he was caught by surprise as she used the force to push away at his lightsaber before springing up and wresting it from him. He had expected her to go for her own weapon, to try to slap his blade away with it and out-duel him. It was a duel he knew he would lose. Hence his intention to end such a fight before it even began.

    But not only was she stronger than Ian, she was smarter than he was as well. She had disarmed him without even going to her own blade. How embarressing. Now she had him at her mercy, unarmed and unable to defend himself. He closed his eyes, he didn't want to die, but didn't know how to defend himself. Than Tano began yelling at him. "Do you honestly think... I had a perfect childhood?" She continued on before he could answer her question. "A cuddled life with everything I ever wanted? No!"

    For the second time in the span of a few moments Ian was surprised. He had thought that Tano had lived a sheltered life. How else could she be so full of confidence unless she had been nurtured and supported by those around her? He opened his eyes as she deactivated his lightsaber. But she wasn't done. "My first memory is not of destruction. But the last memory I have of my home world is everyone getting slaughtered, and my mother getting arrested!" She had lost her own mother? Ian had never known his real mother. The Jedi had adopted him at an early age. But he had come to think of his former Master, Knight Ibarra, as his mother. Or at least as close as he would ever get to having a mother. She had been his only "family" until she had been killed. "My mother...was the only family I had! Now I don't even know if she is alive! You think I don't know what you are going through, Ian? I know exactly what it feels like!"

    Ian's anger softened. In it's place he felt shame and remorse. He couldn't beleive he had acted this way. He knew it wasn't the way of the Jedi. He had been a failure at everything in his life, and now he was a failure at this too. He was sure that the Grandmaster would have him thrown out of the Temple now. Where would Ian go? How would he survive? All of his dreams were crashing down around him, and he didn't know what he could do to stop it. And once again he knew it was all his fault.

    He looked at Padawan Tano, Alisha, as she used the force to return his lightsaber to him. She looked so angry with him, ready to tell her master what had happened and hasten his exit from the Jedi. Than he saw her flinch slightly. Was she having second thoughts? Could she forgive him for what he had done? "Alisha, I am sorry. I don't know how or why I did that. I didn't know about what had happened to you. I just feel so lost..." He considered asking her to lie, and not tell the others what had happened. But he knew that wasn't the Jedi way either. He knew he would face punishment, perhaps even banishment for his actions, and he knew he deserved it. "I will tell the Grandmaster my actions when the Council is done with their deliberations."

    TAG Paddy.
  24. JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 15, 2010
    star 10
    NJT Co-GM Post

    IC: Rid Malt - Chuunthor II


    Rid scouted out the battle as he heard a message crackle over the comm.

    It was a thank you message for the captain of the pirates for leading them to the Jedi.

    Rid laughed at this attempt to fool them. Not only had the pirates command vessel been destroyed not mere moments before they had arrived, but the NJT had given no indication as to whether or not they were Jedi just based off of the Chuunthor itself. They had purposefully made it inconspicuous with no defining marks.

    Rid watched as another fighter seemed to dive in to the fray.

    He sat back, watching them going at the engines.

    "Take the backside turrets, keep away those fighters. I want engine shields powered up. Take 20% away from the forward deflection shields, redirect it to the engines."

    As the order was accepted, Rid looked at the field display.

    "Remember starfighters, keep those things away, don't let them goad you out into the complete open."

    Rid had to buy a little more time for the repairs to be completed on the engines....

    TAG: NJT, AoD
  25. CPL_Macja Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    IC: Josch Decinchi
    Council Chambers, The Temple of Light
    Josch looked into the eyes of every single one of the Jedi in the room. Once again they were looking to him for leadership, for the master plan, for the guidance. They were relying on him, not Master Lahana, not Master Cytei, but Knight Decinchi. He stood there and listened to Knight Trevalus recalling second part of the Vision that only he and Miria had seen. Once the Kubaz finished with his rendition of what the Force had shown him, the Grandmaster?s suspicions had been confirmed.

    ?I am not one for huge speeches,? he began, ?so forgive me if I am abrupt.? Josch gathered his thoughts for a moment before continuing on. ?I am not a Seer, like my Master, but I believe that it is clear that the Force is telling us that we must once again take up the calling of our forerunners. We must become Galactic Defenders once more, and we are going to start with our own back yard.

    ?We have to assume that what Hochner just told us was more of a memory than a Vision. There is something going on inside of the Ruins, something sinister, something ancient, and something involving our missing Guardians. We need to face this head on, and we need to face it now. No longer do we have the luxury of sitting around reflecting on what we should do.

    ?I am going to send everyone in this room to the Ruins, except for Miria and myself.? He paused for a moment, but began again before anyone could protest, ?The last time I visited the Ruins, with Padawans Tano and Thrace, they returned with Master Treysk in a coma. It is also where I found Miria, in stasis. Due to the effects that we all felt from being there I feel that the four of us would be endangering any mission to free our friends. I want you all to move out immediately.?

    He swallowed hard as he asked one last thing, ?Do any of you have any questions??
    TAG: Swan, Blue, Zels, T-rex, Sarge, Dewie & Mitth
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza