1. There Are Only a Few Days Left to Vote in the RPF Awards!

Click here to view the ballot!

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth, May 13, 2011.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Tim Battershell Jedi Master

star 5
    IC Tim Battershell
    Starship "Life's Illusion" - Saridona System

A soft crackle of static announced an incoming message. Tim ceased Meditating and listened with interest, while keying to lock onto that frequency:

"Unidentified freighter, this is the Abydonian Star Destroyer Redemption. You have found who you are looking for, but we can’t let you come any closer without authorization. Hold your position until we can contact the surface."

Tim smiled a little wickedly as he rolled the message around in his head. "Sound rather full of themselves, don't they, old girl? Not much sign of manners either; a 'please' costs nothing and goes a long way! In any case I'm not ready to go anywhere yet, not until I get some real answers that I'm happy with! All the same, give some of these Military or pseudo-Military types a centimetre with their dominance games and they'll try and grab a parsec! You're certainly no Freighter nowadays, and they've probably not met anyone quite like me before, so let's put them in their place a little!". Keying the transmitter, he began to speak;

"Star Destroyer Redemption from Unidentified Ship! Sorry to disappoint, but I think I'll remain unidentified for a while until I'm happy that the situation here isn't what it looks like. For convenience though, you can log me with the temporary callsign of 'Majyk-One'.

If you're one of those two Whaladons in orbit above the third planet, then please understand that you're part of what's kicked my suspicion meter into the red. The positioning, and the ignition flashes I've seen of small craft heading for atmosphere, look very like a Planetary Assault operation in progress. One with the option of Orbital Bombardment support at that!

Also, I was told that this place was a pretty-much covert, if not entirely secret, outpost and yet I've detected a whole bunch of recent Ion efflux trails heading into and out of the System. Add a pair of Behemoths parked in plain sight and you should begin to see my confidence problem.

So I repeat; how can you convince me that I won't be flying into a trap if I head on in? I've been out to the Rim and back a few times, and wasn't exactly born yesterday, so an 'It's all right' simply won't do; particularly as I've never before heard the word 'Abydonian', 'Abydon' or anything at all similar! As I had already indicated that I wasn't coming closer until I was good and ready, that part of your message was entirely redundant! As for 'Letting' me do anything, that's relative, but please remember the Jedi saying 'Size matters not, numbers matter not'! Be mindful that you can actually do what you say that you'll do, or you could find yourself looking very foolish indeed!

One more thing, Redemption; there's a very good reason why I don't think Pirates would have any interest at all in me or my ship. That said, since I started my journey here I've had half a dozen encounters with nosey vessels, which I presume were Sith or affiliates. Some of those became a little too persistent and didn't get to go home; so no matter if you're Sith, Mercs, Pirates or anything else, please be careful about sending anything my way that I might take exception to! Furthermore, this old girl I'm riding in hasn't hauled any kind of cargo for well over a century and doesn't like being called a mere Freighter! Majyk-One, ending message!"

TAG: @Skywalker_T-65, @Journeyman1
    Last edited by Tim Battershell, Jan 27, 2013
    JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  2. Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IC: Arrica Sandstrider
    Redemption Bridge

As Arrica listened to the return message, her eye began to twitch. She wasn't like Lenea (and thank the Force for that), but this unknown was getting on her nerves.

"Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the kriffing bed," she muttered under her breath, "Even the Mando's weren't this antagonistic."

"What do you want us to do ma'am?" one of the crew asked.

Arrica sighed heavily, "As tempting as it is to send out the Raptors and haul that freighter in, I doubt the Mando's or Guardian's would appreciate that. Reopen the channel."

A small hint of static announced the opening of the comm line. Arrica sighed, trying to figure out something that would convince this guy to listen to reason.

"Majyk-One, we are not invading this planet. Our commander is a member of the Guardians himself, a Jedi Knight. We were called in by the Grand Master himself for support, though I am not authorized to tell a stranger why. The other Destroyer is a friend too, and neither of us will attack you unless you give us good reason to. You have to understand why we are suspicious of you. As you said, Saridona is an isolated planet, so we are questioning how you found it. I know nothing I say will convince you that we are who we say we are, until I can get one of the Grand Masters on the line. So please, hold position for a few minutes while we contact them."

TAG: @Tim Battershell , @Journeyman1
    Last edited by Skywalker_T-65, Jan 27, 2013
    BultarSwan likes this.
  3. Runjedirun Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    General Information:
    Character's Name: Kambiana "Kambie" Loother
    Species: Human
    Languages: Basic
    Residence: Templeof Light
    Home Planet: Ralltiir
    Approved Special Features: Agriculture

Character Traits:
    Personality: quiet, shy, very loyal to those close to her and goes out of her way to stick up/or fight for them when she thinks necessary

Habits/Mannerisms: She pays no attention to fashion or her looks those things are unimportant to her. She is very neat, tidy and all of her stuff is in very specific order. Sometimes others find her preference for solitaire offending as she often wonders off on her own and is not always a team player.

Likes/Dislikes: loves the outdoors and physical exercise, dislikes sitting still for long meditation

Strengths and Weaknesses: good with wildlife, plants and animals/ not great with technology

Physical Strengths and Weaknesses:very good in hand to hand combat, hesitates to use weapons such as blasters or even her own lightsaber, they are a last resort.

Looks:
    Appearance: Shorter than average height. Muscular, athletic, but not slender.

Picture:
    [IMG]

Eye Color: Brown
    Hair/Fur: Brown
    Skin Color: pale
    Clothing: Trousers, shirt, vest and boots

Personal History:
    Immediate Family: Aunt Uncle and 8 cousins by the time she left home
    Spouse/Children: none

Born to unmarried investors who had no time or patience for a child Kambie was sent to live with her mother's older brother and his family at just 6 weeks of age. Kambie was welcomed by her Uncle, Aunt and their 3 children. She was an unusually quiet and calm baby. As the years went by the number of cousins grew, Kambie would often be found "talking" to the crops and her uncle took note that the crops were thriving! She was a loner child, though she loved her cousins dearly and often stuck up for them when neighboring children gave them a hard time.

Shortly after she turned 13 Kambie felt a strange pull while routinely looking after the melons on the edge of the farm. She followed the feeling to a makeshift dwelling hidden between large trees on a lake bank. A tall man greeted her, he told her he had felt her coming. She couldn't explain it but somehow she understood a higher power had led her to this place and to this man. His name was Jeph and he explained to Kambie that he was a Jedi Knight. Kambie had very little knowledge of the Jedi, but Jeph was quick to tell her many glorious things about the order and his life spent serving the Force. Hours passed and suddenly Kambie realized she was late for evening meal. She wanted to invite Jeph back, but was too embarrassed. She was afraid to receive a lecture about being late from her Uncle in front of someone she was so eager to impress. Instead Kambie excused herself and asked if she could come back to visit again. Kambie continued to visit Jeph over the next several weeks, she brought him small gifts from the farm, food mostly and soaked in everything she learned from him. Eventually Jeph asked Kambie if he could meet with her Uncle. When the two met Jeph asked Kambie's uncle if he knew Kambie was strong with the Force. Her Uncle admitted he had suspicions since she was young. Before Kambie knew what was happening she had been apprenticed and was packing up to leave the only home she had ever known. Jeph explained it was a dangerous time for the Jedi and that staying in one place for too long may lead to his presence being discovered. So Kambie, a girl who hadn't even dreamed of adventure was off to see the Galaxy and be trained as a Jedi.

Seven years passed, Kambie grew to be a strong Jedi. Then one evening everything changed. A Sith had somehow detected them while hiding out near Hutt space on Sakiya. Kambie had gone out to purchase supplies, when she returned to their ship she found her Master slayed. She knew what happened, she had felt the disturbance in the force. As much as Kambie wanted to stay and take out the person or persons responsible for her Master's death Kambie knew it was too much of a risk. She had to get to safety herself, she could not let the training she had received go to waste. Kambie left the planet immediately, as she began to calculate her jump Kambie found an odd message scrambled within the ships system. It was left by her former Master, a message meant to be discovered by her just in case something like this ever happened. The message led her to Unknown Regions, it claimed a secret order of Jedi would be there.

After 10 years of searching Kambie was afraid these Jedi had been discovered and destroyed. She traveled to Ilum where her Master had taken her to find the crystal in the lightsaber she had constructed. While there she took one last chance to meditate on the Force. Suddenly that old familiar pull, the same she felt while tending melons on her Uncle's farm all those years ago returned. Kambie rushed back to the ship and pulled the coordinates to find nothing but empty space. Even before her Jedi training Kambie always followed her hunches so she made the jump and discovered an uncharted planet.
    Last edited by Runjedirun, Jan 28, 2013
    BultarSwan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Tim Battershell Jedi Master

star 5
    IC Tim Battershell

"Life's Illusion"

This time the response was a lot quicker in coming:

"Majyk-One, we are not invading this planet. Our commander is a member of the Guardians himself, a Jedi Knight. We were called in by the Grand Master himself for support, though I am not authorized to tell a stranger why. The other Destroyer is a friend too, and neither of us will attack you unless you give us good reason to. You have to understand why we are suspicious of you. As you said, Saridona is an isolated planet, so we are questioning how you found it. I know nothing I say will convince you that we are who we say we are, until I can get one of the Grand Masters on the line. So please, hold position for a few minutes while we contact them."

"Well, old girl, that certainly got a reaction! Not an unreasonable, or uninformative, one either for that matter. Time for a bit of ruffled-feather smoothing, I think, and fair's fair, give them some information back in exchange!". Tim keyed to transmit again:

"Majyk-One to Redemption. Thank you for that! I'm not expected, unless one of the Guardians was granted a Force-vision of my arrival, so that's why I pressed the annunciator! As to how I found this place, the Jedi who detected my late-manifestating Force Sensitivity told me about the Guardians and gave me a general area to look in, including the fact that it was not on the charts. I suspect, although he didn't say, that he was on a mission and either didn't have the time, or didn't have the experience, to take me on as a trainee himself. From what I've gleaned since, training older candidates is rather more time-consuming and difficult than trainng a youngling. I have managed to get some Jedi training done, how much and how well will be for the Grand Masters to decide; but I think they'll recognise the name of my tutor!

As to the mechanics, my homeworld has a very good University, for at least one aspect of one subject it's arguably better than any of the Core Worlds, including Coruscant. It also has a very extensive collection of astrographical survey data from all over the Galaxy. As you may know, a System can be left off, or erased from, the charts; but it still has to leave evidence of its existence in its effects on nearby space and nearby Systems. That's how the ancient planet-mappers detected planets that their highly unsophisticated instruments couldn't even see! So, take good data, add a high-powered computer, a well-crafted algorithm, allow the computer lots of time to crunch the numbers; and there's the recipe!

My apologies for the tone of my last remarks, it's an old Security Force Interrogation technique politely called 'shake the tree and see what falls out'! I was hanging around with that sort of bad company for three years as a Consultant before I started my travels and one of my oldest friends has attained a high rank in my homeworld's version; so I guess something's rubbed off on me! If it's any consolation, you passed! I'm now re-enabling my ID transponder. All the many IDs I have on board are entirely legitimate, but this one happens to be the original, the one that goes with the ship! This is Space Yacht 'Life's Illusion', ending message!"

5. Darth Aiser Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Darth Aiser

After having launched their flight to the Wrath of Vader, Darth Aiser noticed that they had lost all comms and that getting some type of communication was paramount. His first goal was to communicate with the rest of the strike force. So going by his former military training he decided to rock his transport every 4 secs for 24 seconds while touching the pilots and commanders thru the force urging them to look at his vessel. After they started to acknowledge by rocking their ships. He began using his landing lights as a Signal Light that ground forces used during comms silent missions. And flashed " If you read this Acknowledge Flash Land Lights twice" in standered Imperial coding. They all confirmed so he sat back to figured where to strike, Bridge would be guarded and taking the bridge would give them control of the vessel but they would have to hold out, and worse case would be they hold out but someone cut off the bridge controls, 2nd the Hanger bay where nothing launched good open area could be a trap tho, Engines would be the least guarded area, who enter a ship by the Engines, the swaying vote in his mind was their mission was to destory this vessel, So the main objective is the engines. He turned back to the landing lights switch as he thought of his plan, Fighters run interferance, Blast Boats form a screening wall infront of the group of transports\boarding craft.

He had just got done signaling and recieving confirms thru the light signal system, they were ready and knew knew their targets, the Blast boats would make a strafing run on the hopefully abandoned hanger then the Walkers would land along with 3 shuttles of Infrantry. They were to reap havoc and find fuel storage in the hanger and set explosives if possible and the rest of the infrantry would land on the hull of the Engine compartments and blast their way in, get to the reactors and set for auto destruct and place explosives on fuel lines, fuel tanks, coolant pipes,tanks ect.. then run for their ships. During the raid the Fighters were to protect landing craft left exposed on the engine compartments and the blast boats would make runs at the bridge.

As he was prepareing for battle he felt an overpowering pressure thru the force centered squarely on him, in response before he blacked out was to totally cut himself off from the force, before he fainted. With the countdown timer to the assault passing the 13 minute mark.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @Teegirloo , @s65horsey
    Last edited by Darth Aiser, Jan 28, 2013
  6. CPL_Macja Jedi Master

star 5
    IC: Josch Decinchi
    The Ruins, Saridona Prime

The outside air grew crisp as Saridana, the primary star in the Saridona system, fell below the horizon. Josch usually enjoyed the closing of each day, but there was something foreboding about the task they were about to undertake. Once again the strange pull of the Ruins seemed to stop once he was inside.

As the group crossed the threshold an image dissolved into being, directly in front of them. “HALT! Identify yourselves and your business here! Do so quickly or be subject to immediate destruction!” commanded the strange creature standing before them.

[IMG]

Before anyone else could speak Josch announced himself once more, “I am Josch Decinchi, Grand Master Sentinel Watchman of Saridona Prime and leader of the Guardians of Light and these are my fellow companions. We mean no ill will.”

But unlike the last time he had visited, the projection did not fade away instead it replied, “Your title has increased since the last time you have graced us with your presence. Have you decided to return that which we did not allow you to take?”

Josch’s brow furrowed at the strangers question, “I have no intention of returning Master Lahana to this place.”

“We do not speak of your mate, she is of no consequence to us. We are referring to the bug-eater that journeys with you. There is another, but his presence is not detected. So, is you intention to return him to us?”

The Watchman could not help but notice that the projection spoke in the plural, as if to imply that there was more than just this one he had encountered. Josch stretched out with the Force to see if he could detect any other life with in the Ruins and found that he could not reach beyond their immediate vicinity. No matter how hard he concentrated he was met with insurmountable resistance as if they were trapped within a Force-resistant bubble. “As with Master Lahana, I have no intention of returning any of my fellow Guardians to you. Now, either reveal what your intentions are or get out of our way.”

The creature began to laugh, “So be it Je’daii. The Builders have encountered your kind before and do not fear your empty threats. If you proceed, then by all means, proceed to your doom.” The creature continued to laugh as it faded out of existence. The path before them opened up and the strange fungal growth in the upper crevices of the tunnels started to glow, illuminating everything around them in a eerie green.

The group moved forward along the newly lit path only to come upon a set of 2-meter wide stairs that were not particularly well made. All is quiet, though a cold breeze blows up from below, bringing with it the scent of dust and a faint trace of rot. Josch stopped the group before any of them started down the crumbling steps. “I have no memory of these stairs."

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

IC: ??? & ???

The same figures who had witnessed Josch’s rescue of Miria stood overlooking the same bank of antiquated video displays. The once gray-hued light of the display had since changed to a duller shade of the eerie green that lit the tunnels their new ‘visitors’ traveled through.

“Elder I must insist that we detain the lot of them this time. We cannot risk them discovering the weapon.”

“Nonsense. These specimen are just as pathetic as all the others we already possess.”

“But milord, one of them is their leader and the instruments indicate that he would be more than a suitable replacement for the female he stole from us.”

“No, the controller must be a female, in order to stave off the aggressive tendency of the males.”

The one turned towards a separate instrument panel that was displaying several bars of varying colors with strange, foreign symbols above each. “Sir, look at the readings the one female is producing. They are higher than the current substitute and even that of the pointy-eared one’s mate.”

The Elder turned to look over the readings himself, “Excellent. Let’s see if she survive the Citadel, and if she does then she will have proved her worth.”

TAG: @The_Zeltron, @Sarge221, @JediFalcon, @Mitth_Fisto, @Skywalker_T-65, @Adalia-Durron
    BultarSwan likes this.
  7. Sarge221 Jedi Master

star 5
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Ruins
    A faint flicker of power alerting his senses had Alec opening his eyes and staring forward just as an image appeared in front of them. A lack of sense of danger had kept Alec's lightsaber hand steady despite the words that the image bellowed and, instead, the only reaction he made was tilting his head up to get a better look at the image that presented itself. When he did, Alec's gaze narrowed curiously at the visage of the creature, feeling a twinge of familiarity...and then his eyes widened briefly when he realized where he had seen such a creature before.

“I am Josch Decinchi, Grand Master Sentinel Watchman of Saridona Prime and leader of the Guardians of Light and these are my fellow companions. We mean no ill will.”

Alec was content with letting Master Decinchi take the lead with conversing with the creature while he did his own investigation. His first instinct, of course, was to reach out with the Force to try and locate the source. This was a hologram, that much was obvious, and if it was a flesh-and-blood being (which Alec wondered about, considering he may know the identity of the creature) then it was possible that if not in the immediate vicinity then perhaps somewhere else in the ruins. He found his senses becoming blocked off, however, which was something that caused him to blink in surprise. Despite his sensitivity to the Force and his insight, he knew there were ways that it could be blocked off but this was not an occasion that he encountered much and, he was ashamed to admit, he was momentarily caught flat-footed upon having his first experience with it.

“We do not speak of your mate, she is of no consequence to us. We are referring to the bug-eater that journeys with you. There is another, but his presence is not detected. So, is you intention to return him to us?”

Alec tried again, to reach out, and again he was denied any kind of view beyond their immediate vicinity. He could still touch the Force, still use it, but it was like some kind of barrier had surrounded the group and he could not use the Force to see beyond their area. This was...odd to say the least. If he had to make a comparison to this, it was almost like being under the effects of a Force-neutral bubble that he had read that ysalamiri could produce except in reverse. Did this mean that, by venturing further their connection to the Force would be negated or was it just focused on them? And if the latter was the case...discreetly, Alec turned his head a fraction to both the left and the right, scanning the surrounding area with his eyes alone to spot any kind of surveillance or monitoring systems nearby.

The creature had said 'us' and 'we'. If Alec had been uncertain before, that pretty much proved in his mind that there were other beings in the ruins that were possibly overseeing...whatever it was they were doing here.

“So be it Je’daii. The Builders have encountered your kind before and do not fear your empty threats. If you proceed, then by all means, proceed to your doom.”
    Alec focused back to the here and now, watching as the creature laughed before it vanished. The image was replaced with a strange, eerie green glow and when Alec looked up, he saw that the illumination came from the fungal growth above them. With no other choice, the group moved forward to find a set of stairs that had Master Decinchi admitting that he had not seen them before. Stepping over to Decinchi's side to better peer down the stairs, Alec saw that they were old and the scent that reached his nostrils promised that they led to something just as aged. He let a moment of silence tick by before he turned to Master Decinchi.

"Did you recognize the creature?" Alec quietly questioned. Even if Decinchi didn't recognize it by sight, then the term Builders would hopefully be enough for him to remember. Even though the image of the Rakata was gone, Alec felt like they were being watched. Not due to the Force mind you as he was restricted by the barrier but, rather, common sense and instinct.

The young Jedi did and he hoped the Grand Master did as well. Though to be fair, Alec's knowledge was basic. Even after the millenniums that had passed, the story of the Rakata was still taught as history lessons in the Jedi Order. On the Academy at Ossus before the massacre, Alec remembered the brief lesson that students were taught to show how the Force had left its legacy on more then just the Jedi and the Sith. And they were reminded how its misuse could cause the suffering and enslavement of most of the known galaxy. Some great catastrophe destroyed their Infinite Empire and Rakata were considered extinct long ago but...there were stories about ancient artifacts and facilities that could be rediscovered. Were the Ruins the home of such a facility?

If they were then Alec didn't like what the facility could be used for. The dots were being too easily connected: an ancient civilization that had their technology and way of life based around the Force, Jedi and other Force-sensitives being taken and put into stasis, the Force-resistant barrier that surrounded them...

Hm.....

He was still able to use the Force and, slowly, being more investigative, he carefully scanned and felt around their immediate vicinity, examining the barrier. He wondered if there was a weakness to the barrier that he would be able to exploit...to locate and disperse it if needed. If he concentrated maybe... He held himself back. If they were indeed dealing with some remnants of the Rakata - whether their people or technology or both -, then he needed to be careful even when it came to the Force.

Instead, he looked to Hochner and asked, "Do you remember these stairs?" If Master Decinchi didn't know anything about where they were, Hochner was the only one here who might.

TAG: @CPL_Macja, @The_Zeltron, @JediFalcon, @Mitth_Fisto, @Skywalker_T-65, @Adalia-Durron
    Last edited by Sarge221, Jan 29, 2013
    BultarSwan likes this.
  8. Journeyman1 Jedi Padawan

star 1
    IC: Bvt. Cpt. Kara Glynnis
    Bridge, GSD Defender

An hour and a half, that is all Kara had to get settled into her new job responsibilities before she needed to make her first command decision. A modified Mon Cal freighter dropped out of hyperspace just outside of weapons range. She wondered over to the Comm station and listened in on the conversation between the Mon Cal and the Nebula-class SD, shaking her head the whole time.

First the Mon Cal says their looking for the Guardians of Light, and the Abydosian confirms they found them. Than the Abydosian says they are going to contact the surface and for the freighter to hold, which prompts the Mon Cal, Majyk-One, to launch into a two minute dissertation on why they don’t trust them. But after a simple response back from the Abydosian the Mon Cal confesses that they themselves were not being completely transparent and finally gave their entire recent history and true ID, Life’s Illusion.

How appropriate, Kara thought to herself. She was just about to order for a channel to be opened to the Redemption when she was informed that Major Pythos was on a secure channel asking to speak to her. “Patch him through to my headpiece.” As she pulled down her headpiece, which only covered her eyes, she turned away from the Comm station and walked up onto the Command Walkway.

[IMG]

Like most of the Journeymen, Kara did not wear traditional Mandalorian Armor. Her’s was polymer suit interwoven with an advanced circuitry system that covered her entire body apart from her head and held a temperature regulation system which could shield her from heat detection equipment. Her personal comms were part of headpiece which covered from one ear to the other across her eyes like a mask. Once her eye shield was in place a holo of Pythos superimposed itself in front of her. No one else around her could see or hear the Major.

“Captain Glynnis, what in the haran is going on up there? You tell that frakking dirt-eater to stop announcing us to every single stray pup that wanders into our yard. Does she not realize that we are supposed to be hiding out here?”

“I will convey your assessment of the situation to my opposite number on the Redemption. Is there anything else you wish for me to pass along?” Kara said out loud, appearing to be talking to herself.

“Yeah, let little miss Sandstrider know that both Grand Masters are currently indisposed. One just got back to Temple carrying wounded back from the frozen plains out by the Ruins and the other is leading an exploration of the same accompanied by her husband. Pythos out.”

“I understand, Glynnis out.” Kara knew that Pythos had already cut the transmission before she could say her last part, but no one else needed to know that. She raised her headpiece off of her face and started to walk back to the Comm Station. She paused at Flight Controls and looked down into the command pit. “Lieutenant have Shadow Defenders 2 and 3 prep for launch from the port and starboard hanger respectively. Put Defender 4 on alert status and have Defender 1 set up in the forward hold in ‘spitball’ position.”

She then proceeded over to the Comm Station, “Open a channel to Redemption, audio and visual.” Kara brushed her red hair out of her eyes and nodded to the comms officer indicating she was ready. “Redemption Actual, this is Defender Actual. Seeing as you have so far been the one in contact with our new I will let you pass along the following message. The Temple as ordered that he be detained in your hanger for further inspection. Should he not comply and attempt to land at the Temple, their defenses will blast him into oblivion. I will be sending out two of my K-wings to accompany him to you. If he should deviate from this proscribed path my K-wings will bring him down. Is this understood? Now on a different matter, both Grand Masters are currently unavailable, as one is tending to wounded and the other is on a mission with your husband. As our position is a tenuous one I strongly recommend you cease with informing everyone that they have found the Guardians of Light. Do I make myself clear? Defender out.”

Kara turned away from the Comm Station and headed back towards the forward viewscreen. She paused for a moment at Flight Ops and ordered the launch of Defenders 2 and 3. “Captain Glynnis, we are detecting a Horizon-class Star Yacht coming out of hyperspace on the far side of the planet.”

“Great, I’m going to let the Colonel handle this one.”

TAG: Arrica, Tim (indirectly)

IC: Col. Voj Velkin
    Hanger Bay #1, Temple of Light

Voj could not believe that he had lost his cool not only in front his subordinates but in front of Miria and Dovey. He was about to continue to apologize when his datapad chirped with an incoming message. It was from Kara and indicated that there was yet another ship in bound of unknown origin. She also indicated that they were currently dealing with another problem and unable to investigate. “Great. Major Shysa I need for you to take the F-LER out to the other side of the planet to check out a potential new arrival.” He then turned to Taab standing next to him, “Major, Pythos has indicated that the Corporal is waiting for you to show him to the Med Bay.” Which in turn caused him to look at Jaxon, “Speaking of the Med Bay, Captain I believe there is wounded man that needs to be tended.”

After everyone had dispursed he walked over to Dovey and Miria were standing and looked at both of them, “I know something is not right. I can feel it in the Force. Please tell me so I can help.”

TAG: Taab, Miria, Dovey, Kryrc

IC: Cpt. Jaxon Renn
    Hanger Bay #1, Temple of Light

Jaxon complied as he was ordered and entered the Ancient Haven to find a middle aged Jedi laying unconscious on one of the beds. He unfolded the field medic hoverlitter and strapped Michael on to it. He carefully made his way down to the Med Bay to find Seanna sitting on one of the beds meditating. Instead of disturbing her he found another open bed and set Michael up in it. He moved to side and allowed the Medical droids run its tests.

Normally Jaxon would have rushed right back to Voj’s side, but he got the feeling that the Colonel wanted some alone time. So the young Force-sensitive took a page from Seanna’s book and decided to find somewhere in the bay to listen to the Force. As he looked over the two other occupants of the bay he paused when he looked down upon the young Togruta. All he could do was just stare at her and think, She is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen.

In that moment he swore a silent vow never to leave her side.

TAG: Michael, Alisha

IC: Maj. Leianna Shysa
    F-LER, Saridona Prime

Dovey?!? He called her by her first name while he addressed everyone else by their formal titles. But yet he called her Dovey?!?

The entire journey to the opposite side of the planet Leianna stewed on the one word that spoke volumes about her relationship with Voj.

DOVEY!

Leianna didn’t need the Force to tell her that there was obviously something that happened between the two them the first time Voj had visited this strange world. Meanwhile, Leianna was back on Concordia, defending their home and fellow Journeymen against Sith and Jetti’roya.

How could I have been so d’kutla? It’s clear that he wants someone more exotic and she’s probably younger to boot! Manda I’m such an or’dinii, a complete and udder or’dinii.

She continued to beat herself up until her sensor detected the Space Yacht the Defender had informed them about. She called back up to their destroyer to report her position and status. She then opened up a channel to the Horizon-class vessel. “Unidentified vessel, this is the patrol ship, Jai’galaar of the Journeymen Knights. Identify yourself and state your intentions. Over?”

Leianna stopped the F-LER’s forward movement and kicked in the repulsors to hover just out of weapons range to the unknown visitor. While she waited for a response, she continued to roll one word over in her head.

DOVEY!

TAG: Kambie

TAG: @Skywalker_T-65, @Bardan_Jusik, @BultarSwan, @MandoBones, @-Remi-, @Runjedirun, @BlueHeron, @Padawan4687, @Tim Battershell
    Last edited by Journeyman1, Jan 30, 2013
    BultarSwan likes this.
  9. The_Zeltron Jedi Master

star 6
    IC: Gaan Be'orar - The Ruins - Saridona Prime

“HALT!" The word stopped Gaan in her tracks, and at first she looked back to the Grand Master, thinking it was he who had spoken, before realizing the voice came from ahead. "Identify yourselves and your business here! Do so quickly or be subject to immediate destruction!” Looking up, she saw a hologram in front of them. The being in it was unfamiliar to her, but that didn't surprise her. She wasn't exactly a history buff.

Looking back to the Grand Master, she wasn't surprised when he spoke up. “I am Josch Decinchi, Grand Master Sentinel Watchman of Saridona Prime and leader of the Guardians of Light and these are my fellow companions. We mean no ill will.”

They continued talking as Gaan watched and listened, her attention taken by the fact that whatever had been taunting her with her memories seemed to have disappeared.... or perhaps it had just grown weaker to urge her to follow. She reached out again, trying to find it, but was interrupted when she heard an ancient term, "...Je’daii. The Builders have encountered your kind before and do not fear your empty threats. If you proceed, then by all means, proceed to your doom.” The being laughed as it disappeared, and Gaan's attention was drawn to the unveiled path before them.

Moving forward with the rest, she almost ran into the Grand Master when he stopped the party. “I have no memory of these stairs."

The next person to speak was Alec, who seemed far more interested in the being in the hologram than the path they were traveling. Gaan almost told him to focus on the present, not the past, but stopped herself. She didn't think her input would be welcomed at the moment, even though they needed to figure out what was happening, not what had just happened.

With that in mind, she realized that she still couldn't find the promise, and her mind slowly cleared. She glanced around, hoping no one had noticed her brief obsession, and then looked at the Grand Master again, waiting for him to decide their next course of action.

TAG: @CPL_Macja, @Sarge221, @JediFalcon, @Mitth_Fisto, @Skywalker_T-65, @Adalia-Durron
    BultarSwan likes this.
  10. Runjedirun Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IC: Kambie Loother
    Cockpit Broken Angel
    “Unidentified vessel, this is the patrol ship, Jai’galaar of the Journeymen Knights. Identify yourself and state your intentions. Over?”

Intentions? Ten years, Kambie had spent ten years looking for this fabled group of Jedi. She had spent 10 years all by herself. She missed her Master and she missed the life she left behind to be with him. She was looking for companionship, guidance, direction, so many things she couldn’t put it into words. This wasn’t the time for hesitation she told herself. She opened up the link and stated

“My name is Kambie Loother I am a Jedi Knight. My ship is called Broken Angel.” She paused and took a deep breath; here goes nothing she thought. “I have come in search of fellow Jedi, a family, a place to call home. I hope I have reached the right place.”

TAG: Maj. Leianna Shysa @CPL_Macja
    BultarSwan likes this.
  11. Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Redemption Bridge

While Arrica observed the freighter, a message came from the other Star Destroyer in orbit. The GSD had been oddly silent during this little back and forth, and it was a little jarring that they finally jumped in.

“Redemption Actual, this is Defender Actual. Seeing as you have so far been the one in contact with our new I will let you pass along the following message. The Temple as ordered that he be detained in your hanger for further inspection. Should he not comply and attempt to land at the Temple, their defenses will blast him into oblivion. I will be sending out two of my K-wings to accompany him to you. If he should deviate from this proscribed path my K-wings will bring him down. Is this understood? Now on a different matter, both Grand Masters are currently unavailable, as one is tending to wounded and the other is on a mission with your husband. As our position is a tenuous one I strongly recommend you cease with informing everyone that they have found the Guardians of Light. Do I make myself clear? Defender out.”

"So they want him in our hanger eh," Arrica mused, before the last part of the message kicked in, "And it looks like Daniel's plan worked. I'll need to let him know the naive act is still useful."

What the 'Captain' was referring to was the small detachment of Twin-Tails holding position on the dark side of Saridona's moons (a pair to each moon). Despite what they were acting like, the Abydonian crew was far from naive. By telling the newcomer that he was at Saridona, it served to get him focusing on the planet, and by extension the Destroyers. If he tried to approach the planet, the twin ships had more than enough firepower to disable, or outright destroy his freighter. And if the old Mon-Cal ship tried to run, the Twin-Tails would break from their position and stop him before he could break from the gravity well of Saridona and its moons.

As it was though, that hopefully wouldn't be needed, "Life's Illusion, this is the Redemption. The Temple has ordered that you are to be detained in our hanger until we can confirm who you are, and your goals here. A pair of K-Wings will escort you in...do not, I repeat, do not deviate from your course or we will be forced to fire on you. Redemption out."

TAG: @Journeyman1 , @Tim Battershell
    BultarSwan likes this.
  12. Falcon Chosen One

star 10
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Saridona Prime, the ruins

“HALT! Identify yourselves and your business here! Do so quickly or be subject to immediate destruction!” commanded the strange creature standing before them.

Kasha stopped as she looked at the strange creature. She frowned wondering what message this being had for them.

“I am Josch Decinchi, Grand Master Sentinel Watchman of Saridona Prime and leader of the Guardians of Light and these are my fellow companions. We mean no ill will.”

“Your title has increased since the last time you have graced us with your presence. Have you decided to return that which we did not allow you to take?”

“I have no intention of returning Master Lahana to this place.”

“As with Master Lahana, I have no intention of returning any of my fellow Guardians to you. Now, either reveal what your intentions are or get out of our way.”

The creature began to laugh, “So be it Je’daii. The Builders have encountered your kind before and do not fear your empty threats. If you proceed, then by all means, proceed to your doom.”

Kasha raised an eyebrow, she could sense something waiting for her. She couldn’t explain what it was, but something strong and almost familiar. She stepped forward but noticed the others were had stopped walking. Not remembering some stairs?

Kasha glanced at Josch and shook her head and caught a little bit of Brice in him? She shook her head. She was imagining things. The darkness was playing with her. Why did she feel unsure? She felt like there were more then one set of eyes on her. “Master Decinchi, something feels familiar in here but I can’t figure out why. I sense we’re being watched.”

@Adalia-Durron, @The_Zeltron, @Sarge221, @Skywalker_T-65, @Mitth_Fisto @CPL_Macja
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Jan 31, 2013
    BultarSwan likes this.
  13. Chewbacca89 Jedi Master

star 5
    OOC: Sorry I have been very busy with work....64 hours this week. I will hopefully be able to get my post up this weekend.
  14. Padawan4687 Jedi Master

star 5
    IC: Alisha Tano

Alisha's head was trapped in a thick fog... It was practically impossible to concentrate hard on anything, but she knew she was no longer on the mysterious Goreh... She also knew she was alone. Completely alone. She couldn't see or sense her Master, or anyone else nearby. Even the powerful Dark energy was completely gone. Urgh...where....am I? She wondered in the empty air. But she could scarcely feel the Force at all, much less call on it. I...I need...help...

It seemed as though the Force was carefully listening, because she suddenly, she felt an unusual tug. The odd pull grew stronger, as though someone or something familiar was grasping at Alisha's arms. She knew instantly what it must be...As though she was underwater, Alisha went limp and let herself move toward the surface.

—— —— —— —— —— —— —— — —

A weak cough escaped Alisha's lips as she finally awoke. She didn't try opening her eyes, because she was confronted by dozens of new auras, along with the familiar ones from before. It was as though the pond she was used to swimming in turned into an ocean overnight! It was nearly overwhelming...but after managing to sense her Master Decinchi, although it was distant, Alisha felt slightly comforted just knowing he was there.

Alisha slowly opened her eyes, and quickly realized that she was in the Medical Bay, on one of the beds. How she got there, and when, she had no idea. Her shoulder still ached slightly, reminding her of the TCC...of course, all thoughts flew out of her head when she glanced to her side and saw a young man seated beside her bed.

TAG: @Journeyman1

OOC: Please forgive my short reply here. I haven't roleplayed in...ages, so I'm rusty at best.
    Last edited by Padawan4687, Jan 31, 2013
  15. _Anakins_Angel Jedi Knight

OOC: GM approved :)

IC: ????
    Ruins, Saridona Prime

She waited, her eyes immediately went to him. Soon they would talk, a much needed discussion that was long over due. She did forgive him. She wanted him to know that, and there was much to talk about. Her eyes never left him as he and the others neared.

tag no one
    Last edited by _Anakins_Angel, Jan 31, 2013
  16. Tim Battershell Jedi Master

star 5
    IC Tim Battershell
    Life's Illusion

The passive sensors beeped as they picked up on a ship-to-ship transmission between the two Star Destroyers. Encrypted, naturally, but Tim's food ticket for the past three years had mostly been defeating various types of high-end encryption; and he had sliced his first encrypt at twelve years old! As it happened, his personal involvement wasn't needed this time, the automatic decrypt system received the hand-off from the passive sensors, compared it to its extensive database and found a match in an old GFFA code; so Tim was able to listen-in virtually in real-time.

"Redemption Actual, this is Defender Actual. Seeing as you have so far been the one in contact with our new I will let you pass along the following message. The Temple as ordered that he be detained in your hanger for further inspection. Should he not comply and attempt to land at the Temple, their defenses will blast him into oblivion. I will be sending out two of my K-wings to accompany him to you. If he should deviate from this proscribed path my K-wings will bring him down. Is this understood? Now on a different matter, both Grand Masters are currently unavailable, as one is tending to wounded and the other is on a mission with your husband. As our position is a tenuous one I strongly recommend you cease with informing everyone that they have found the Guardians of Light. Do I make myself clear? Defender out."

While Tim was still considering this, the main Comm system received another messsage:

"Life's Illusion, this is the Redemption. The Temple has ordered that you are to be detained in our hanger until we can confirm who you are, and your goals here. A pair of K-Wings will escort you in...do not, I repeat, do not deviate from your course or we will be forced to fire on you. Redemption out.".

Before replying, Tim made some very special preparations regarding the main Comm System, setting the adjustments to activate on the press of a 'hot-key' then keyed the transmitter:

"Redemption, I'm rather disappointed in you, although I know that you're not the one calling the shots here! I do again have to wonder just who is actually calling the shots here, and on whose authority, since I also know that the Grand Masters are otherwise occupied (don't bother asking how I came by either of those two snippets of information)! Furthermore, you said, and I quote neither of us will attack you unless you give us good reason to and here you both are spouting threats without any form of provocation; while I was perfectly well prepared to wait on the Grand Masters' convenience! My ship and I are very wary about strange vessel's hangar bays; something about 'won't you come into my dwelling, said the arachnid to the flitnat!'; 'Life's Illusion' isn't the 'Millennium Falcon' and I'm no Obi-Wan Kenobi (certainly not as of now, and quite possibly never will be)! For yourself, Redemption, I strongly advise that you download all these messages onto datacards and hide a few backup copies away in safe places. When the Grand Masters get to hear about this, as they will sooner or later, you may be glad to have hard evidence -- Oh! and if you didn't know already, never try lying to a Force-User, particularly a powerful Jedi! I, therefore respectfully decline your offer of escort and berth-space! I'll make shift for myself, but will not fire on any ship unless first fired upon....and now a little light entertainment! Life's Illusion Out!"

With that, Tim cut in the Sublight drive at 80% (which, of itself, produced an acceleration far beyond what an old stock DeepWater-class should have been capable of, set a course to conform with the Megaliths' arcs of fire, but beyond the maximum range of their guns, then hit the 'hot-key'.

Now, many non-aquatic species profess to enjoy Mon Cal Opera, and performances are always highly attended; especially by politicians, their hangers-on and beings who want to develop or maintain a reputation for being 'Cultured'; but the sad fact is that the vast majority attend simply for the sake of being seen (and, if possible, getting their likenesses into the Society Holozines) and virtually all of them tend to be wearing very discrete, high-efficiency, dampners or filters of some type inside their auditory receptors, simply because they just cannot tolerate the noise! And it was Mon Cal Opera that Tim's adjustments had set playing into the Comm Transmitter, on Broadcast Setting, at Maximum Gain and across all the many frequencies of which that unit was capable!

Not only that, but this particular piece (left behind by one of the Verpine Technicians who had tweaked and optimised the ship just before Tim's departure from Agamar) had been fully re-scored by one of that Species' prominent composers, not only in what other Species rather arrogantly called 'sound' but on the Verpines' own Bio-Comm frequencies as well! Tim had deployed this during his closer probable-Sith encounters, purely as a voice-jammer, and had noted during the first encounter that torpedoes fired by the 'Sith?' ships were not guiding at all; his later conclusion being that harmonics had interfered with the 'conversation' between the missile and the ship that had launched it!

The combination of both the Verpine and Mon Cal portions of the piece, even at normal volume, had been found to provoke long-lasting splitting headaches and nausea in virtually all mammalian Species. At high volume, as now, it was something like being trapped in an echo-chamber, positioned very close to the efflux nozzle of an old-fashioned Jet-thrust engine undergoing testing, along with a hundred-thousand angry felinxes; but worse; much, much, worse!

As Life's Illusion came to her point of closest approach to Saridona's innermost moon (although still far distant from it) the sensors' warning alarm sounded again, and the targeting box outlined a pair of small craft emerging from ambush position behind it. Tim flipped the Chempat Supreme Defender Shields onto their strongest setting and pushed the Sublight throttles to their stops, vectoring slightly away from the new threat as he did so, but taking care that his trajectory did not cross into range of the large ships' weaponry. "Well, old girl, these Mercs, or whatever they are, should have their eyes popping out of their heads seeing you pick up your skirts and run like this! We're out of weapons' range of even these newcomers, and I think we'll remain so; as they used to say in the old Wet-Navy days, a stern chase is a long chase! Sorry, old girl, but it looks like you'll be getting wet again! Thankfully, all your sisters had their aquatic capabilities deleted for extra cargo space decades ago; you're the only one left that can pull our favourite party trick and apparently vanish into thin air!".

OOC - I checked the 'chase and attempt to evade' scenario with the GM earlier, he said it was up to me.
  17. Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Redemption Bridge

Arrica was strongly tempted to bang her head into the nearest console. She had a bad feeling about trying to order the newcomer around, hence the reason that the Redemption had just told him to hold position in the first place. They may have been prepared for him to run, but it hadn't meant they wanted to force the guy into running.

Right after they had sent their message, the man had sent a message over the comm system, "Redemption, I'm rather disappointed in you, although I know that you're not the one calling the shots here! I do again have to wonder just who is actually calling the shots here, and on whose authority, since I also know that the Grand Masters are otherwise occupied (don't bother asking how I came by either of those two snippets of information)! Furthermore, you said, and I quote neither of us will attack you unless you give us good reason to and here you both are spouting threats without any form of provocation; while I was perfectly well prepared to wait on the Grand Masters' convenience! My ship and I are very wary about strange vessel's hangar bays; something about 'won't you come into my dwelling, said the arachnid to the flitnat!'; 'Life's Illusion' isn't the 'Millennium Falcon' and I'm no Obi-Wan Kenobi (certainly not as of now, and quite possibly never will be)! For yourself, Redemption, I strongly advise that you download all these messages onto datacards and hide a few backup copies away in safe places. When the Grand Masters get to hear about this, as they will sooner or later, you may be glad to have hard evidence -- Oh! and if you didn't know already, never try lying to a Force-User, particularly a powerful Jedi! I, therefore respectfully decline your offer of escort and berth-space! I'll make shift for myself, but will not fire on any ship unless first fired upon....and now a little light entertainment! Life's Illusion Out!"

With that said, the ship had flared its engines and took off at a speed that the Spirit would have been hard-pressed to match. But that wasn't the problem, as the ear-splitting racket blaring over the comm systems showed.

"SHUT THAT OFF!!!" Arrica ordered.

When quiet returned to the bridge, the female Sandstrider let out a sigh, "Why is it always me? I thought Lenea had the bad luck. Can we get a lock on him?"

The weapons officer shook his head, "No ma'am. He's skirting our range."

"And the Twin-Tails?"

All she got was another shake of the head. The fighters were chasing the freighter, but they couldn't catch up. And if modern Twin-Tails couldn't, then no way could the K-Wings that the Defender sent out catch up either.

"Do you want us to move to block him off?"

"No. This is the Defender's mess, and they're going to clean it up. I, and I'm sure Daniel too, would have been perfectly fine letting him wait for one of the Masters. But our friends over there are impatient and can't seem to handle civvies. Besides, I don't want to dig our grave any deeper than it already is...and if both the Grand Masters were indisposed, the order to detain him didn't come from them, or Daniel. So they can't blame us here...I only did what the Defender suggested to avoid getting in a brawl with them. If their commander complains I can just remind them that we take our orders only from the Grand Masters, or Daniel. Still...tell the Twin-Tails to keep pursuit up, but to not fire, unless fired upon."

TAG: @Tim Battershell , @Journeyman1
    Last edited by Skywalker_T-65, Jan 31, 2013
    BultarSwan likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology

Manager
    star 10
    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Hanger Bay One, Temple of Light

Taab stood by impassively as the baar'ur took his punishment. To the aruetiise present the action may have been seen as hard, or even sadistic, but it was just the mando'ade way. It was just another of the things that made Taab feel a bit better about working with the Journeyman Knights.

Baar'ur's clan name meant little to Taab, he had never heard of them. That in and of itself meant little though, Taab hadn't been too involved in the business of the clans for much of the past decade. Instead he had been content to work his farm and care for his now dead wife. But it was good to see that the man was proud of his heritage, there were times when it was all a Mandalorian had left.

He continued to watch cyar'ika for any changes in her demeanor, but he saw none. Either she was a very cool customer, able to hide her emotions well or there had been nothing there between her and Voj to begin with. Given the way she had greeted him earlier though, he suspected the former. It was something that would bear watching further, it could mean trouble later on.

Voj began issueing orders. “Major, Pythos has indicated that the Corporal is waiting for you to show him to the Med Bay.” Wonderful. Not only had the baar'ur arrived in the wrong hanger bay initially, but now that he had landed in the right place, he couldn't find where he needed to go. Taab rolled his eyes behind his T-Visor but gave no outward indications of annoyance. Instead he nodded simply to Voj
    and replied. "As you wish."

The group quickly broke up, with everyone headed to their indvidual assignemnts. Taab for his part moved quickly through the corridors of the Temple and soon made his way to hanger bay two. As promised baar'ur was waiting there, his ship stowed in the proper location now. It seemed the others who had been here previously had moved on. Only the hanger rats were there to watch over the ships.
    Taab approached the younger Mando, waving off any attempt at a salute before he could make one. "Well baar'ur, I hope you're a better medic than a navigator. Our lives may depend on it someday." He spun around and motioned for the Corporal to follow him. "This way, there are already some in the infirmery that could use your assistance." He took note of the man's companion and made a decision. "First things first, let's get your animal to the sanctuary. It will be quite safe there, and the medical ward is no place for such a...creature."

He looked back to his shuttle now, his own striil was sleeping against one of its landing struts. Yeah better get it back to the animal sanctuary too before it could cause any trouble. Taab called out to it "edee, k'olar!" The six legged beast's head shot up and it looked at him with a yawn before scampering over to him. "All right, lets go," and he moved off towards the animal sanctuary, edee slobbering close behind.

TAG: @MandoBones

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Feb 1, 2013
  19. Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Ruines, Saridona Prime

It was odd, it was. . .unfamiliar. Why was it unfamiliar? By all rights he knew the force should sing, his mind should click and he should see and know. Yet nothing did. Nothing did.

He did not even reckognize the holo-image of the being that showed up. It made no connection in his mind, he had been apprentinced for a few years to a Jedi after the fall, and then to another order, and then here. His history was a weak subject as was alien races. He knew who he knew and so far in his life that, the force, and an observant yet quick to adjust mind allowed him to survive those limitations. That and a healthy respect to generally allow others to lead if it was unfamiliar to him.

As the being spoke he listened and try to find familiarity in his words, but there was none. Not even the mention of him as a bug eater wanting to be returned to them triggered nothing beyond some knotting of his guts. He had returned very mal-nurished and in need of nutrition, that much he knew, and if these knew what he needed. . .then he did not especially want to return to them. A part of him even thought for a moment that perhaps a quick retreat would be more in order. Only by dent of will he pushed that away as he followed the Grandmaster and the groups progress as the conversation came to a sudden end, and an eerie green glow began to be emitted by the fungus.

The Grand Master commented his unfamiliarity with the stairs before them and he had to shake his head as the Jedi that had come with them asked if he did. Something twisted within himself, but nothing came to him. The force revealed nothing to him, neither coming nor present now. "No. Not in words, but I feel a queesy-ness." was all he commented as he tapped his snout, counting out the visible stairs.

TAG: Ruins group
  20. Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider
    Ruins, Saridona Prime

Daniel couldn't see what was going on at the front of the group, as he had his backed turned and was scanning the hallway with his green lightsaber illuminating the area somewhat. He did hear the Grand Master arguing with something but he didn't dare turn his head to look. He took his responsibility of covering the rear seriously.

But he did hear the last thing that the thing said, “So be it Je’daii. The Builders have encountered your kind before and do not fear your empty threats. If you proceed, then by all means, proceed to your doom.”

An echoing laugh went through the room, as green fungi lit the room. Seeing that it wasn't needed any longer, Daniel extinguished his ancient lightsaber and began to follow the group forward again.

Quite the adventure eh Lenea? Daniel mentally asked his sister...or at least tried to. But whenever he attempted to connect the bond, he was met with a metaphorical brick wall. Something was blocking the Force from anything other than the groups immediate vicinity. Daniel frowned slightly, but continued to look for any way to break past the block. He thus almost ran into the person in front of them, as the group stopped before a crumbling staircase.

He heard Jedi Sherland mention a feeling of being watched. And honestly, he had to agree with her. Daniel was no stranger to old Temples (just look at his home on Abydos), but something felt wrong inside these ruins. Whoever had made that thing was watching them...the Knight was sure of that...

TAG: Ancient Ruins Group
    BultarSwan likes this.
  21. Sarge221 Jedi Master

star 5
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Ruins

"No. Not in words, but I feel a queesy-ness."

Alec looked at Hochner questionably, unsure of what, exactly, the Kubaz meant by his queasiness. Was it just some unconscious feeling of familiarity expressed in a manner of his race or was he legitimately feeling unwell? Alec wasn't sure and didn't feel like he should pry. However, he felt like he should voice something else.

"If you are feeling uneasy about this..." Turning fully towards Hochner, Alec lowered his voice slightly when he spoke. The others would still be able to hear if they were paying attention but Alec didn't want to purposely broadcast it to the whole group and possibly offend Hochner. "You could probably head back to the ship and the rest of us can continue. In case anything goes wrong, you can head back to the Temple and get help. Just in case."

Of course, their group was already formidable enough and if it proved that Hochner was needed to call in more Guardians if something was to happen to them...then they might be in trouble. But Alec wouldn't lie and say that he wasn't concerned, not just for Hochner but for other members of the group. In case she was looking, Alec gave a pointed glance to Gaan to know that his concerns extended to her and he hoped that she wouldn't take it the wrong way. Out of their entire group, it was Hochner who had been captured before and Gaan who had lost her memory. While one could make the argument that the former would be more prepared for whatever it was they may encounter in the Ruins, he could also be more susceptible. As for Gaan...she had seemed a bit too eager to investigate the Ruins, what with her wishing to trade places with Adalia a moment ago.

True, they had the Grand Master and several Guardians but Alec had a bad feeling about this. Between the hologram and now this barrier that made it impossible to investigate further with the Force...he couldn't help but be cautious. Kasha's interjection soon after about the Ruins didn't exactly make him feel any less cautious.

That didn't mean that he wasn't willing to go on though. After he had imparted his caution to Hochner and Gaan, leaving them to do what they wanted - though he felt nothing wrong with expressing his concerns, it was not his place to say whether they should stay or go -, the young Jedi stepped past Master Decinchi and took his first step down the stairs that were laid out in front of them. He stretched out his right foot and slowly pressed it down against the first step, as if testing its integrity. The steps were old and not particularly well-made but the first step wasn't giving out on him. Soon, his left foot came to join his right foot on the step.

He took a second to peer down, as if looking for any signs of traps. He stretched as far as he could with the Force, trying to take note of dead spots or openings that may house traps or any abnormalities that can be considered as such. He found nothing right now and before daring to take a second step, Alec looked back at Master Decinchi to look for approval about continuing on.

TAG: @CPL_Macja, @The_Zeltron, @JediFalcon, @Mitth_Fisto, @Skywalker_T-65, @Adalia-Durron
    Last edited by Sarge221, Feb 2, 2013
    BultarSwan likes this.
  22. Chewbacca89 Jedi Master

star 5
    IC: Allynic Sitan
    Temple of Light, Hanger Bay

As they passed Sitan on their way Khalifa whispered at Sitan, "We need to talk later."

Allynic nodded as Khalifa walked by with the stranger. "I'll be here. Gonna go aboard the ship," he said as he nodded towards her Dynamic-class freighter.
    He watched her go silently then turned and boarded the ship. He sat down in the co-pilot seat and pulled up the comm array. He punched in the channel, hoping it was still functional after all these years, and waited. Static. Nothing, but static. He should be seeing the image of the HK-50 Assassin Droid he had left on Bogden. The droid was in charge of security at the hidden library and his lack of appearance was somewhat disturbing.

He reached out Khalifa in the Force and gave her a slight nudge. "We need to go soon if you still want to go to Bogden." He could tell she was pre-ocuppied and hoped she would hurry. In the mean time Allynic needed to brush up on a side project he had been thinking about in the medbay: Finding Caamasi survivors. Silently he got to work.

TAG@CPL_Macja, @JediMaster_1977
    JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  23. Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    GM Approved :D

General Information:
    Character's Name: Eira Dryn
    Species: Arkanian offshoot
    Languages: Basic, Togruti, Rylothean, Arkanian, understands Wookiee, some Mando’a
    Residence: Abregado-Rae
    Home Planet: Commenor, Shili, Abregado-Rae
    Approved Special Features: None

Character Traits:
    Personality: Though at heart an optimist and a dreamer, Eira has learned to hide that side in her time on Abregado-rae. She may smile but rarely laughs, more out of distrust than a lack of amusement. Eira enjoys being around people, meeting people, talking to people, but she remains wary, especially of aid offered without compensation. She’s quite good at convincing people she is more innocent than she is and wheedling piloting lessons or some money out of strangers with her wide-eyed curiosity. Though she could never afford to keep one, Eira has always wanted pets, as they offer a comfort that sentient beings cannot: they cannot betray her.

Eira is not a fearful person; with the death of her mother, she accepted that her time may come early as well, and does not fear death or injury in the same way most sentients do. She does not, however, consider herself particularly brave, though it appears so because she has few fears to overcome. Most prominently, Eira is confident in herself, in her abilities as a fighter and a mechanic, in her body, and that she will find her sister, no matter how many years of distance separate them.

Habits/Mannerisms: Stands at the ready even when at rest, a habit from when she learned to fight; prefers to sleep in a hammock rather than on a bed; enjoys sitting on the floor even when doing ‘desk work’.
    Likes/Dislikes: Likes exercise, flying (though she’s done little of it), combat as a sport, food. Dislikes physical contact without her permission, hot temperatures, violence from anger.
    Racial Traits: Though full-blooded Arkanians have a particular love of science and particularly genetics, Eira has neither of those interests, either because she did not grow up in Arkanian society or because of her mixed blood. Eira also prefers cool or cold weather compared to most humans, as Arkanians evolved on a cold world and are well-suited to it.
    Strengths and Weaknesses: Good with machines and repair work, persistent and determined at all tasks. Distrustful of those she doesn’t know and bad at doing more than one thing at once. She doesn’t know how to work as part of a team, having had little opportunity to do so.
    Physical Strengths and Weaknesses: Physically stronger than she appears, and experienced in combat, though in a safer environment than the real world. Unfamiliar with most types of blasters.

Looks:
    Appearance: Eira’s short white hair is no longer than her chin in any place, and suits her sharp features. While she tends to carry an innocent look around her, with her gently curved brows, open eyes, and plump lips, she can change to the fierce intensity of a warrior in a second. Her build is thin and almost willowy, but appearances deceive: she is quite strong and athletic, most muscle lean and wiry. Though tall for an Arkanian female at just under six feet, she makes no attempt to reduce her height; Eira stands tall and confident, though she generally wears flat or nearly-flat shoes in order to not tower over other, smaller people. Her hands are thin and long-fingered, but strong and confident. She has a few dark blue spiral tattoos to disguise particularly noticeable scars.
    Picture:
    [IMG]
    Eye Color: Light blue
    Hair/Fur: White
    Skin Color: Slightly bluer than white
    Clothing: Eira dresses simply, usually in neutral colours. Most often she wears a belted tunic or sleeveless top under a long jacket, fitted but comfortable pants, and calf-height boots. She has a preference for greens, blues, and purples if she must choose a colour to wear. For formal or special events, she would wear a flowing knee-length skirt and sleeveless top, both in dark blues, and an akul-tooth necklace is her only jewelry. Above all else she is practical in her clothing, choosing nothing too tight or too restricting to her movement. She is confident about her body, but still chooses to keep much of her skin covered under most circumstances.

Personal History:
    Immediate Family: While an adopted family, Khaan She is nearly her mother and Rethza’khar like a sister
    Spouse/Children: None
    Biography:
    Eira was unwanted by her banker parents, who had neither the time nor money to drag a child across the galaxy for their job. With no other family willing to take her, she was left at an orphanage on Commenor. It was not as bad as it could have been: Commenor is at least a relatively wealthy world, and Eira was left in the hands of a relatively well-to-do orphanage and adoption agency. She went to school, grew up as normal as a child left in such a situation could, and made great friends with some of her fellow abandoned children.

One in particular, Rethza’khar, though ususally called Reth, was a twi’leki girl rejected by her family and clan for her rare skin colour – she was Lethan, red-skinned, and while most clans considered that a rarity to be celebrated, hers did not. The two were practically sisters even before the Togruta woman came to inquire about them both.

The woman, a former Jedi Knight by the name of Khaan She, had felt their presence in the Force during her travels, and allowed the Force to guide her to Commenor. Both Eira and Reth were Force sensitive, though neither knew it, and neither were particularly strong in the Force. Still, Khaan was able to adopt them both, which pleased both girls as they were able to stay together.

As Force-sensitives, Khaan brought them to the Jedi temple to be tested and they were offered the chance to stay and become Jedi themselves, if they so wished. Both girls, too young and too overwhelmed with all the changes in their lives, declined. Khaan herself neither encouraged nor discouraged them, for all that she had taken her leave of the Order – she was a historian and a teacher who began to disagree with the war-like ways of the Jedi, and so the Order had not been overly concerned about her departure, as she posed little threat of falling to the dark side.

The small, adopted family then went to Shili, Khaan’s home world. They grew up there and their mother taught them as well she could of language and history and some basics of the Force, so that they would not be behind if they ever did choose to become Jedi. They learned of Togruta culture, of Arkanian culture, of Twi’leki culture; they were an odd mix, but as rejects – Khaan, too, had been abandoned by her family – they fit well together.

In their early teens, when Reth and Eira were talking about maybe taking up their Jedi training, as loathe as they were to leave their mother behind, the temples at Coruscant and Ossus fell to the Sith. Fearing for their lives, Khaan moved them all to Abregado-rae, where they’d hide better amongst the mixed population, and taught them as best she could to hide themselves in the Force; she had no doubt that the Sith would come after them if they felt three Force-sensitives in close proximity.

Though they tried to keep themselves hidden, it was no use. Within months a bounty hunter tracked them down, his target being Khaan as she was known to the Order and therefore to the Sith. She told Eira and Reth to hide and made a stand against the hunter, but she was no warrior; it was almost too easy to cut her down. Reth couldn’t keep herself quiet at her mother’s demise and tried to attack the bounty hunter; he merely took her as an additional prize: many people still prized twi’lek dancing girls, and a red-skinned one would fetch a handsome price. He took Khaan’s lightsabre as proof of his kill and left. Eira, panicked over the loss of her mother and sister, tried to follow, but was held back by her dying mother, trying to save at least one of the girls she’s come to know as her daughters.

Khaan told her to run, to hide, and most importantly, to keep herself hidden in the Force, or she’d be hunted too. As a final gift, she gave Eira her akul-tooth necklace, and asked her to find her sister and remember her mother. Eira cried as her mother died, and could not bring herself to leave her mother’s body until she heard the sirens of a police cruiser approaching. Then, the necklace as her only possession, Eira fled.

The first year on the streets of Abregado-rae’s largest city, Capital city, was very difficult for Eira. Most days she couldn’t find food, and slept on the streets. She had no skills that would help her here, but luckily she learned quickly: stealing and pickpocketing, as much as she didn’t want to do it, became her survival method. A credcoin here, a scrap of food there; she was careful not to be noticed. Some took pity on the underfed alien girl, but most glared or ignored her like the street rat she was.

After seeing her hanging around the hangers day after day, hoping to get some money off travellers, a mechanic offered her a job as his assistant. Suspicious but needing it badly, Eira accepted. She learned quickly and the mechanic was kind, if gruff. Finally she had enough to eat regularly and afford somewhere to sleep at night. Unfortunately for her, the mechanic got a job on a cruiseliner, and left only a few months after they’d met. She at least had skills, but no mechanic’s certificate, and therefore couldn’t find another job in that area.

Luckily she’d reached the age where she was allowed to work in drinking establishments. Seeing a pretty humanoid, the owner hired her as soon as she asked, and the pay was enough to make up for the almost non-existent uniform and the unwanted attention of patrons.

Now that she had a steady job and some time to herself, Eira turned her thoughts to her missing sister, Reth. She didn’t dare imagine what had happened to her, or if she was even still alive – she couldn’t risk reaching out with the Force to find her, not now. But if she could get a ship, get off-world, rescue Reth… A plan began to form, and Eira looked for ways to make more money, enough to save to get off-world or even buy a ship.

Since mechanics wouldn’t hire her, and she couldn’t afford to go to school for her certification, Eira looked to her other skills for possibilities. Though not a warrior herself, her mother had gotten Reth and Eira lessons in unarmed combat so they could take care of themselves if hassled. Eira was a bit out of practice, but there was an underground fighting ring run by the same man who owned the bar where she worked. A few requests here, some careful bribing there, and she had her place in the ring.

It wasn’t easy: most combatants were physically taller and broader than she was by at least half, and most weren’t humanoid. Luckily, with three categories – unarmed, single weapon, and creature matches – she was able to make up for it in single weapon matches, where she used a polearm to gain reach and height on her opponents. She learned the weak points of many species in her first months in the ring. While she lost a great deal at first, they kept her in the lineup for the same reason she’d been hired to the bar: there were almost no humanoids here, and even fewer females. Since it was mostly males betting and watching the matches, her presence drew a bit of a crowd.

She didn’t like the work; well, that wasn’t entirely true. She enjoyed the fight, it was a liberating feeling to be without fear for those few minutes in the ring. What she didn’t enjoy were the leers and catcalls, but she put up a mask of indifference, reminding herself that surely her sister was going through worse than this.

Eira still worked at the bar, though her employer alternated her shifts with her fight matches. Now she made enough money that if she was careful, if she kept winning most of her matches, she might be able to make it off-world within a couple years. But years seemed so far away, and at times she despaired.

She met a older Mandalorian in the ring, stripped down to just his armour and a knife, helmet removed. There was no hope to beat the man with that armour, and after a deft grab of her long ponytail, he had her by the throat, and she was forced to concede the match.

While unhappy that she had lost simply because of his advantage with his armour, Eira was surprised to meet the same Mandalorian – who declined to give her his name – the following evening, in the bar where she worked. While she didn’t have time to stop and talk to him, she could almost feel his eyes on her through that helmet of his.

The following day she cut her hair short, determined not to have someone use it against her again.
    The Mandalorian was waiting for her after her next match, one that she won against a Selonian, against all odds. He had little to say except to congratulate her on her victory.

After that, she didn’t see him for days, when he appeared again, sliding into a booth across from her at a cantina – not the one she worked at. They talked, he listened with interest to her heavily edited tale of her missing sister, and he shared equally little on his past. Again, they went their separate ways, but now Eira kept an eye out for his blue beskar’gam – he’d taught her a few words of his language, tired of constantly hearing the terrible Basic words.

Once, during their little chats, he suggested that, with her dedication to family, even an adopted one, and her skills as a warrior, she could almost be Mando’ade herself. Eira, not prone to much laughter, found this amusing and couldn’t help herself. A thin mixed-raced thing like her, carry that armour? The Mandalorian tried to explain that there was more to it than the armour, but she wouldn’t listen. Their run-ins tapered off after that, and Eira began to miss her friend – as odd as it was to consider him a friend; she had no other friends there.

The fall of the Sith couldn’t have happened at a better time: Eira had saved up enough to buy a ship – and some spacers taught her to fly after she gave them some wide-eyed looks – which meant she could find her sister at last. It had been nearly a decade since she’d gone missing, but Eira felt in her heart that her sister was still alive.

Miscellaneous:
    Lightsaber: None
    --Blade Type:
    --Blade Color:
    --Saber Amount:
    Combat Forms:
    Strong Area of the Force: Hiding her presence in the Force
    Weak Area of the Force: Everything else
    Pets: None
    Weapons: None
    Starship: Dreamer’s Catch, an ancient JumpMaster 5000
    Faction: Guardians of Light
    Last edited by Rebecca_Daniels, Feb 2, 2013
  24. JM_1977 Jedi Master

star 6
    IC: Khalifa Sunrider
    Padawan Rooming area, Inside Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Khalifa gave an exasperated sigh of relief. Things were starting to get rolling here at the temple. She had met the cutest guy ever and was finally on a tour of the temple. Though she couldn't forget the fact that her past with the Hutts had caught up with her, or for the fact that she still had to get o Bogden and visit that Caamassi's library to get more info on her family history, she wasn't worried about that though because she was too preoccupied staring again at Ian. "Yeah follow me, I will show you to your quarters...padawan level?"

His words once again snapped her out of her daydream. She swore she had been drooling, and blushed a little bit. Man what was wrong with her? A guy hadn't made her blush and act like this since she first met Jace Pikkard. Just thinking about Jace brought a wave of sadness over her.

Jace had been the bounty hunter who had taken Khalifa in and cared for her right before she went off on her own path to find more about her family history. She had been on the streets for years trying to make money from whatever she could going from shop to shop, house to house, etc. Then she came across a sign put up in the local cantina on Onderon asking for Teenage girls willing to make a few credits to report to the old rundown speeder shop on the outskirts of town. That's where she had met Jace for the first time. They instantly fell in love and began a secret romantic relationship because Jace didn't want his fellow affiliates to know fearing they'd exploit this soft side of him and do something to Khalifa. For about a year Khalifa worked her way up and became the bounty hunter's second in command. Then disaster struck. Jace had sent Khalifa off on a routine mission to infiltrate Zeeba the Hutt's fortress on Onderon by order of a rival. She was given a week to get in, plant the explosives, and get out. It was a clean cut mission, until the day the bombs blew prematurely. Apparently Zeeba got wind of Khalifa's plan and was able to escaped right before he blew up the explosives. She was headed back to headquarters to tell Jace of her failure when she found the HQ burnt down to the ground with nothing left. That's when she noticed the pile of bones with a holocommunicator placed on top of the pile. She immediately burst out into a wailing rush of tears as she recognized Jace's equipment right by the body. The comm unit turned out to be a recording of Zeeba saying in Huttese, "You will regret the day you tried to destroy me you insignificant little maggot." That is when she put aside her days with the criminal world, grabbed a ship at the local spaceport, and went her own way never to return to return to Onderon again.

But that was all in the past and there something about Ian that gave her the feeling Jace used to and she liked it. "If thats where all the newbies go then yes please show me the way." They walked out of the hangar bay, (Khalifa thought they'd never leave that place), and started walking through the halls of the temple. It was probably one of the most beautiful places she had ever seen. The walls covered in carvings of the Jedi history. Large marble sculptures of hooded figures placed throughout the building. She was still admiring the place as they walked through when she got a sudden push on her mind. She was about to whip around and slap Ian across the face for invading her head so early in their relationship, and she even had her hand primed and ready to go. Then she realized it was actually Sitan inside her head. "We need to go soon if you still want to go to Bogden."

Bogen. She had almost forgotten the who reason why they had come here in the first place. She didn't want to leave this guy she was with, but she also didn't want to leave Sitan hanging like this. She pushed back, "I'm kinda busy. I'm thinking maybe Bogden can wait a while. I like it here." When she said this she found herself staring right into the eyes of Ian.

"My apologies. I'm not usually like this. I've been voted the most likely to bat guys up by my peers back when I was younger, so your lucky you're getting this side of me." She mentally scolded herself for saying something so childish. "So where do you stay?"

TAG: @Gotab, @Chewbacca89
  25. Gotab Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Ian Thrace
    Padawan level, Temple of Light

Ian led Khalifa Sunrider and Ms. Sandstrider through the Temple's hallways. He tried to keep his composure as he did so, but he kept glancing in Khalifa's direction. She seemed enamored of her surroundings. Ian looked to see what had grabbed her attention, but saw only the murals and carvings on the walls. He had never really taken notice of them before. They were just art and something that didn't interest him. Besides those hooded figures were pretty intimidating. He looked away from them before he ran into something and required yet another trip to the med-bay.

"My apologies. I'm not usually like this. I've been voted the most likely to bat guys up by my peers back when I was younger, so your lucky you're getting this side of me." Was she threatening him? It sure sounded that way to Ian. He didn't really know what to say to that, but he was suddenly glad that Ms. Sandstrider had acompanied them. He had had enough of being beat up by females in the Temple.
    "So where do you stay?"

Was this a follow up to her threat just a second ago? Or was she asking for other reasons? Ian started to temble slightly. He didn't know what to say. He turned look into Khalifa's eyes, and was glad he wasn't looking in Ms. Sandstrider's direction. She was probably rolling her eyes or laughing at him right now. Probably both. In Khalifa's eyes he also found the courage to speak.

"There aren't very many of us in the temple so we all have our own rooms." He gestured down the hallway towards where his own dingy room was. "They aren't much to look at, at least mine isn't." He looked down at the floor. "Of course I seem to spend more time in the med-center than my own room anyway." He pointed off in the other direction towards the med-center. "In fact, now that Padawan Ulda has gone missing and Padawan Kor'le has left, the med-center is where the only other padawan is right now, Padawan Tano." He thought back to what he had done to Padawan Tano and hoped her "episode", or whatever it had been, had not been triggered by his attacking her. "I only restarted my training here after a long time hiding my abilities." He looked back up at Khalifa "Have you had much training?"

TAG: @Lenea_Sandstrider, @JediMaster_1977
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza