1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth, May 13, 2011.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Alisha Tano

Perhaps it was the way Jaxon said her name, or whatever the emotions were within his aura, but Alisha felt her face flush slightly. That could be it, or it could be that fact that he seemed to be so concerned for her despite that fact that they were strangers.

Alisha winced slightly at Jaxon's question. "I'm alright, except for my shoulder..."

She paused, and spotted several people walking past the Medical Bay with a brisk pace. She only recognized Taab with his armor. The Mando had paused at the doorway for a second, but seemed to change his mind about entering. She then turned her attention back to Jaxon.

"...if you don't mind my asking, how did you get here, exactly?" She could only hope that didn't sound blunt; she just wanted to be rid of the feeling that she was surrounded by strangers...

TAG: @Journeyman1 and indirectly other Jedi who can sense her
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Kambie Loother

Before the Mando could reply to her to tell her where to find the paint another man spoke up. The older heavyset gentlemen made it obvious that he was also new here by blaming others for her error. Then he proceeded to turn to her and say:

"Better check your ship out thoroughly, or have it done, before you use it again, Miss, the Ion Drive Pods on those Horizons are too well placed to take any impacts going, but not nearly sturdy enough to act as fenders! Strangely, SoroSuub don't seem to mention that in the brochures!"

Brochure? Kambie thought to herself. Kambie had never seen a brochure for the Yacht. There was an owners manual, but she never bothered to try and read it. Technical mumbo jumbo would have been way over her head. Her former master had known many mechanics whenever she had a problem with the ship she simply let one of them take care of it. She wasn’t about to admit that to anyone just yet though. She turned towards the man and replied in a voice that was just an unconcerned as she really was in the situation. “Doesn’t look so bad to me, I’ll take my chances. Thank you.”

Luckily before the man could reply to her she noticed two female Firrerreo’s with golden skin that looked to be identical twins. A human male was protecting the shyer of the pair. The other spoke up:

“Do not worry about the hangar bay. It will take care of itself.” Then she turned to her and the other newcomer and addressing them both and added. “Who are you? Where are you from and how did you find us? This is not a well-known location.”

Kambie could sense the speaker was a person of great importance. “Excuse me for a moment” she said with as much respect as possible before she ran back up the ramp of her ship. She collected two bags and picked several sweet fruits off one of her favorite trees that she kept in the lounge area of the ship. Evenly dispersing the fruits in the bags she found some ribbon and tied them neatly. She rushed back down the ramp and over to the boys who were patching up the scratch she had made in the hanger. “For your troubles.” She said offering them the bags.

Once they accepted the gift Kambie went back to address the Firrerreo. “My name is Kambiana Loother. Please call me Kambie. I was born and raised on Ralltiir. I was discovered there by a Jedi Knight hiding during the last purge. He took me in and taught me the ways of the Force. Unfortunately he was killed by an enemy almost 10 years ago. After he died I found a message scrambled in the ship he left me.” She gestured at the Yacht. “The message said I could find a group of Jedi, but the coordinates not included. It took me until now to find you.”

@Bardan_Jusik @BlueHeron @BultarSwan @Tim Battershell @Journeyman1
    Sarge221 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Hangar Bay #2.

"Watch your tounge Chubby, or I'll cut it out. I may get paid for live Jedi, but I assume even you would survive that. Now learn some respect for those appointed over you and we might just let you stay here." came the reply from the Mando!

"Arrogant son of a Sith aren't you, 'Tin Man'?", Tim thought to himself, "Nice trick if you could actually make good on that; which you never will, not unless I get foolish enough to try taking you on in a stand-up fight! No, if you and I do go head-to-head, I'll just use Force-enhanced Speed to make you look ridiculous, with perhaps an occasional touch of Levitation, just enough to rob you of any traction, and have you running-in-place! I may not like killing, or even maiming, but someone who bursts a blood-vessel because of his own impotent anger and frustration is quite another matter!".

Just as this thought was running through Tim's head; another man (a Jedi by his robes), two young children and a peculiar, six-legged, animal that (by the odour it brought in with it) seemed to need a sanisteam yesterday, if not sooner; entered the bay; "Who ever owns the strill, come and get your animal.", the newcomer declared, to receive the inconsiderate rejoinder; "Bit busy at the moment. You know keeping you and Kid 1 and Kid 2 safe....Take it back to the pens yourself Babysitter, you don't look busy. Or let the kids play with it....I don't care which.". "So that thing's a strill", Tim mused as the adult Jedi made a pointed, but reasonable, reply to the Mando's rudeness, "Note to Self, if and when we ever catch up to one another, don't ever give in if my great-nephews/nieces say they want one of those as a pet! Doesn't seem to be quite your day for winning friends does it, 'Tin Man'?".

Wanting time to put his thoughts in order, Tim motioned for the young Lady pilot to speak first, and listened as she described herself as a Jedi Knight by the name of Kambiana (Kambie) Loother, from Ralltiir.

When it was his turn, he bowed to the Grand Master again and said;

"Grand Master, my name, as I said is now (legally) Tim Battershell, but I was born and raised on Agamar under the name 'Tim Dodd'; I changed my family name when my brother-in-law embroiled the rest of us in difficulties with the Sith and Sith-allied Imperials. I know for certain that my surviving family has a price on their heads and I strongly suspect that 'Tim Dodd' is on a Sith Watch-list, at the very least!

You're right about this not being a well-known location, none of the University's Star Charts gave as much as a hint that this System was here; and with the University sending teams out to dig at Xenoarchaeological sites all over the Galaxy, they've got a lot of Star Charts, some of them dating back to the very earliest days of the Republic! Fortunately the University also has masses of other Astrographical Data, and on the charts or not, all Systems affect other, nearby, Systems just by existing! That's how the old-time astronomers managed to fill in a lot of the blanks, just by careful observation and calculation!

A travelling Jedi detected my Force-sensitivity just over two years ago. We only spoke briefly and I never did get his name, since he was just passing through; but he urgently needed the encryption sliced off a set of files, which is what I was mostly doing as a Consultant to Agamar Security Force for the previous three years. However, he did mention the Guardians of Light, said that, as far as he knew, they had not been found and scattered by the One-Sith and gave me a rough (a very rough) indication as to where he'd heard they were based.

So, from a starting point, take a reliable set of data, add a high-powered computer, a well-crafted algorithm (I have a Degree in Computer Programming), allow the computer lots of time to crunch the numbers; and that's how I got a set of co-ordinates!

Since the Jedi had also mentioned that this was a covert, possibly secret, Jedi outpost, I took my time getting here; going off on tangents, hiding in remote locations on sparsely populated worlds and backtracking to avoid leaving a clear trail. I had six encounters with suspicious ships en-route, and three of them were, I'm pretty certain, Sith. Unfortunately those three were a little too tenacious and I was forced to vape them after they started firing on me!

The journey also allowed me to pre-train myself to an extent, using the 'Legacy' I mentioned earlier. Even as holo-recordings, Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker seem to be excellent teachers; but I'm sure there are still things I need to learn from a living tutor! Nana Evlyn met Luke and Mara aboard the wreck of 'Outbound Flight' back in Oh-Twenty-Two, and they kept sending her instructional materials right up to Mara's passing in Oh-Forty. It's a great many Datacards, a large box full; and there are appearances/instructions by other of Luke's Jedi too, the Solo children, Kyle Katarn and Corran Horn to name just some!

Although the Force isn't my key skill at the moment, I do have a number of mundane skills and interests that could be useful to you, but I doubt that my interest in Xenoarchaeology will be on that list! To start with, my other Degree is in Computer Systems; I'm also an experienced Security expert, Illusionist's assistant, Younglings' Magical entertainer and Conjuror, occasional Inventor (and unrepentant constant tinkerer, my contraptions these days don't disintegrate with a loud 'bang', a cloud of smoke and a shower of fragments....well not usually!) and I know my way around both ends of a hydrospanner; ASF even thought me competent enough to strip down and repair any ship's system from the hyperdrive downwards....without supervision! My besetting sin (at least according to my mother) is that I read anything, anytime, anywhere and tend to remember the gist for years. That includes the contents of my father's old Navy holo-manuals; he was twenty years a Staff Officer in the Imperial Fleet, but even though his specialities were Logistics and Personnel, he still had to learn and practice what the Line Officers did, just in case he found himself the only Command-rank Officer still standing!

So, could you possibly expand a little on the nature of the threat that the Guardians are gearing up to defend against, please?

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, @Runjedirun, @BultarSwan, @BlueHeron, @Journeyman1 -- indirectly, @JediFalcon.
  4. The_Zeltron Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Gaan Be'orar - Saridona Prime - Ruins

Gaan almost jumped back as Cambria started up. “Miria is here? Where is Master Lahana? Up until recently I heard her voice, but then…” the Twi'lek's voice trailed off. She's not the Grand Master... Gaan thought as Cambria turned to her. “Gaan, you said you are part of the Guardians of Light, correct? But yet I have no recollection of you.”

Gaan frowned, tilting her head to the side as Cambria moved toward the weapons retained in the transparisteel. “And Alec, you said that you are part of the Jedi Order. The same Jedi Order that did not heed our warnings of using Vong witchcraft and led the galaxy into war?”

That was a while ago, wasn't it? Gaan rose to her feet as the transparisteel shattered, and drew her lightsaber, the blade igniting in perfect unity with the two the Twi'lek was now pointing in their direction. “Who are you two really and what have you done with the other Guardians?”

Gaan rolled her eyes and sighed, then looked over at Alec, who was gesturing for her to wait. "We are who we said we are," he replied. "We have only spoken the truth."

Relaxing her stance, but still keeping her lightsaber ready for immediate use, Gaan let Alec try and talk his way out of this. "I am Alec Vandel of the Jedi Order. This is Gaan Be'orar of the Guardians. The same group that you say you belong to. We were investigating these Ruins due to the chance that they may be holding not just Guardians but other Force-users that are being held against their will. Miria Lahana was a prisoner here and the only reason we discovered these ruins because it was her and another Guardian, Hochner Trevalus, who escaped and warned us. During our search outside we found another Guardian, Hochner's Master Michael. Our group was led by Grand Master Josch Decinchi and then we got separated. Gaan and I just happened to find and free you."

After a short, thought-filled pause, Alec suddenly asked, "Cambria. What year do you remember last?" About time, Gaan thought. She had been wondering the same since Cambria had assumed Miria Lahana was the Grand Master still. "Its been twenty years since the Sith-Imperial War first started. In that time, the Sith had once again been defeated and are scattered. The Jedi and the Galactic Alliance now lead the galaxy in a Triumvirate with the Empire. The Guardians have been reforming here on Saridona Prime after they had previously scattered. Josch Decinchi has taken the title of Grand Master during then."

Gaan nodded, agreeing with him, but kept her lightsaber between the Twi'lek's blade and her neck. She had no intention of being taken by surprise should the woman decide that she still didn't believe them.

"We're allies." Alec seemed to find the danger over, as he returned his lightsaber hilt to his belt. "Friends."

Gaan could think of a few things to add to that, but she clenched her jaw, keeping her mouth shut, while she waited to see if Alec's words and actions would work. If not, she was still ready for whatever came.

TAG: @CPL_Macja and @Sarge221
    Last edited by The_Zeltron, Mar 6, 2013
  5. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Eira Dryn

Dreamer’s Catch, Ashla Base

She docked her ship carefully, somewhat out of not wanting to be blown out of the sky, somewhat out of concern for her ancient ship’s ability to dock. Then Eira headed aft to the lounge area where she could wait for whoever would show up to search her ship and question her. She had nothing to hide, nothing stolen or even any weapons aboard, so there shouldn’t be any complaints and hopefully she’d be on her way within the hour. Maybe she could even refuel here.

A knock at the ramp caught her attention and she lowered it, though she had to kick it in just the right spot to get the motors to cooperate. Outside, a Mandalorian in blue armour waited, and waved her back onto her ship with his blaster. She seated herself in the lounge and watched the Mandalorian enter her ship cautiously, as if he expected attack. There was something familiar about his armour and presence in the Force, like they’d met before.

“Stay here,” he ordered, voice flat through the filters in his helmet, and left her to look through the few compartments of the ship. Eira took the time to think on that familiarity; she’d met a Mandalorian before, but the chances of running into him again were astronomical. Impossible, even. This had to be someone else, perhaps a relative, or just someone she’d served at the cantina she’d worked at for so many years. Her Force powers weren’t all that strong, perhaps she was entirely wrong about that familiarity.

The Mando stomped back to where she was waiting and crossed his arms.

“I see you got off Abregado-rae, Eir’ika.” Eira smiled at the nickname, knowing she’d been right in recognising his presence.

“As you knew I would,” she replied, relaxing into her seat. “I haven’t seen you in ages, what have you been up to?”

Ciryc, the only name he’d given her, shook his head. “I ask the questions here. You entered restricted space, why?”

Her smile faded. “Same reason I wanted to get off Ab-rae, I’m looking for my sister.” She hesitated over the next piece of information, but decided to trust him for now. “We’re both Force-sensitive so I’m using the Force to guide me and it brought me here. Wherever here is.”

He considered her words for a moment, unmoving. “This is Ashla base.” He paused again. “Force-sensitive, you say?”

Eira nodded.

“Hmm. Are you carrying any weapons?” he asked.

“No, sold them all for fuel and spare parts.”

Again he was silent, thinking it over. Eventually, carefully, he spoke. “I think I can help you with your search. There’s a group of jetiise - Jedi - my employers, in a sense, that I could send you to. With their powers and the usual jetiise need to help everyone…” He trailed off.

Eira hadn’t heard much of anything about the Jedi since the Sith defeat, and had never thought that any would be willing to help in her quest. And perhaps they’d be willing to train her, and maybe Reth too if she ever found her. Or she could train now to strengthen her abilities to find her sister. The knowledge opened up a whole new realm of possibilities, and none of them seemed worse than her current aimless search of the galaxy.

“That would be… I would appreciate that a lot,” she said at last, and he nodded briskly.

“I’m vouching for you, so if you turn on them, I can and will hunt you down. Got it?” His voice made it clear he was serious, and she nodded. “I’ll input the coordinates and let them know you’re coming.”

He went back to the cockpit and returned quickly. “It is done.” Eira stood and there was a moment of awkwardness as neither of them knew what to say until Eira broke the silence.

“It was nice seeing you again,” she said, and Ciryc nodded once.

“And you.” He promptly turned and left the ship.

Ciryc watched from the deck as Eira piloted her ship away from the base, and then activated his comlink to the jetiise HQ to let them know she was coming to Saridona.

--

The hyperspace jump wasn't too long, and her little fuel was more than enough to get her in-system. What she found on arrival was more than a little unexpected, including a Nebula-class Star Destroyer. What kind of Jedi were these?

Thanks for the warning, Ciryc, she thought to herself before opening a clear frequency. "This is Eira Dryn of the Dreamer's Catch, I believe I should be expected."

TAG: @Journeyman1, @Skywalker_T-65 for the ships in orbit?

OOC: I know it's moving fast but I wanted to get in-system
  6. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    IC: Vader
    Goreh aka New Ziost

He certainly hadn't expected to find this. Carbonite was one thing, but someone speaking his language? He blinked, as one of his scavengers said. "Confirmed, my Lord."

Vader blinked again. Carbon dating had provided them with evidence as to the age of this ship. Which means it was from Tython. Which meaned this man had information that could lead to it's re-well, re-discovery. He allowed a smile to tug at his features.

"I am called Vader, a handle I use which refers to a Sith Lord who was recently defeated." That didn't entirely answer the question. He flexed his fingers and took a hesitant step back, a signal which told his crew to fan out slightly, and create space... and eliminate the potential for cross-fire. It also moved him slightly more out of range of those blades. He rapidly took stock of the situation, and that the reference to Bogan, one of the first Orders of darksiders, really did mean this Taung hadn't seen light of day since the Force Wars... the references to a ship in the sky, matching, now, an ancient design, had all been true.

"The Bogan were defeated nearly twenty-six millennia ago. The Sith are their modern day descendants within the dark side, but are less inclined towards pointless destruction."

With those words, Vader lowered his mental defenses, allowing the Taung to both detect that he was a Force user(!) and that he was telling the truth. The Taung would not recognise him as a Yuuzhan Vong, and the other two Yuuzhan Vong in the team he would, Vader hoped, cause him to assume they were Force users too.

Hopefully the Taung wouldn't live long enough to divine that a Force using Yuuzhan Vong was more than just an oddity... it was all but unprecedented.

"I mean you no harm," he said, closing down his presence and firming up those shields so the lie would not be as apparent. "But who are you?"

TAG: @Genet-Cabur Kyramud
  7. Gotab Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    IC: Ian Thrace
    Temple of Light

Ian shrugged at Ms. Sandstrider at her admission of zoning out. He couldn't blame her for it, half the time he wished he could zone out on himself too. Her suggestion to head back to the TCC caught him off guard though. The Mandalorians were there, and anywhere they were, he didn't want to be.

But...maybe it was a way he could impress Khalifa and get her mind off of whoever that was she was speaking to. That might work. "Hold on, I will see if Khalifa wants to go with us." He ran back around the corner, not looking at all distinguished, before Ms. Sandstrider could offer her opinion on that.

He rounded the corner and saw her still looking at the small blue hologram in her palm. The Caamasi was also with her now, asking her if she was all right. Ian almost turned back around at that point, he was so not good at this. But he mustered his courage and asked her meekily. "uhh Khalifa, would you like to see the Command Center?" Realizing that he was ignoring Mr. (he thought, he always had trouble telling with furred aliens) Sitan he stammered out to him (?). "You can come too. Ms. Sandstrider and I are on our way back there now."

TAG: @JediMaster_1977, @Chewbacca89, @Lenea_Sandstrider

OOC: To get us all moving again Jedimaster1977 permitted me skip over him without him posting first.
    Last edited by Gotab, Mar 9, 2013
  8. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Josch Decinchi
    The Ruins, Saridona Prime

“This is your chance to make things right and allow the healing to begin. Don’t let the opportunity slip from you.”

Josch returned Kasha’s hug, he then took an arms-length step back, and held her arms in his hands. “I won’t, now that I have you guys, I won’t.” He rubbed her arms briefly and then patted them, “Come on now, if we’re going to let the healing begin then we need to find ourselves away out of here.”

As the duo started down the dark corridors once more a thought that had been tugging at the back of his mind started gnawing away once more. There was something that he had wanted to do before the Force event interrupted all of their lives. Now he was not sure if he should do it at all. The nice thing was that he had family that he could discuss his thoughts and feelings with.

“Kasha there’s something I wanted to talk to you about. It’s about Miria. I mean to ask her to…” But Josch’s thought was interrupted by the sudden and unmistakable chill of the dark side ran right down his spine. He froze and started scanning the hall before him. There was the slightest of movements that he almost missed in the darkness, but it was still there.

Suddenly, out of the darkness, appeared a particularly vicious looking reptile, about three meters in length, with a black, scaly hide. In addition to those three meters, it had a meter long tail, covered in rows of spikes which stretched up past its back and onto its neck.

[IMG]

Instantly Josch ignited both of his lightsabers, “As you can see, your grandmother was correct. I do have a knack for getting into trouble.”

TAG: Kasha
    ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
    IC: Colonel Adalia Amber Tehanis

Addie could feel it and she was certain the others could as well. Whatever had been limiting their connection to Force had lifted. With the lifting of the barrier, as she stepped into the hall there was an onslaught of presences that she hadn’t felt since the last time she had been on Saridona Prime. She rushed over to the next door and threw it open.

“Captain! Over here! I’ve found them, I repeat I found them!”

TAG: Daniel & Hochner
    Cambria Secura

"We are who we said we are, we have only spoken the truth. I am Alec Vandel of the Jedi Order. This is Gaan Be'orar of the Guardians. The same group that you say you belong to. We were investigating these Ruins due to the chance that they may be holding not just Guardians but other Force-users that are being held against their will. Miria Lahana was a prisoner here and the only reason we discovered these ruins because it was her and another Guardian, Hochner Trevalus, who escaped and warned us. During our search outside we found another Guardian, Hochner's Master Michael. Our group was led by Grand Master Josch Decinchi and then we got separated. Gaan and I just happened to find and free you.

"Cambria, what year do you remember last? It’s been twenty years since the Sith-Imperial War first started. In that time, the Sith had once again been defeated and are scattered. The Jedi and the Galactic Alliance now lead the galaxy in a Triumvirate with the Empire. The Guardians have been reforming here on Saridona Prime after they had previously scattered. Josch Decinchi has taken the title of Grand Master during then.

"We’re allies. Friends."

Cambria continued to keep her lightsabers up in a guarded stance but relaxed slightly, “Think I’ve gone barvy do you? Of course I know that the Sith-Imperial War started two decades ago, I also know that the Second Imperial Civil War has ended and the One Sith were scattered. But where do you think they scattered too? You narrow visioned members of the New Jedi Order refuse to look beyond the borders of the known galaxy. But we, the Guardians of Light, came out here to hold back the Darkness, we were left to fend for ourselves when the One Sith scattered to the peaceful Unknown Regions.

“Master Lahana foresaw the gathering darkness five years ago and that is when Master Mazinn volunteered to seek out reinforcements. Some speculated that he was searching for the mysterious Templars of Twilight, but most feared that he had abandoned the Guardians. I stayed with Miria as long as I could, but then one day, when I went searching for Michael and Hochner, my speederbike malfunctioned and crashed into a tree. When I came too I find you two prattling on about a runaway Padawan running the Order.

So, to answer your all important question, it is 145 years since the Alliance to Restore the Republic destroyed the First Death Star over Yavin IV. Why do you ask?”

TAG: Gaan & Alec
    TAG: @The_Zeltron, @Sarge221, @JediFalcon, @Mitth_Fisto, @Skywalker_T-65
  9. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

star 3
    IC: Tor'verd
    Goreh aka New Ziost

"I am called Vader, a handle I use which refers to a Sith Lord who was recently defeated. The Bogan were defeated nearly twenty-six millennia ago. The Sith are their modern day descendants within the dark side, but are less inclined towards pointless destruction."

TWENTY-SIX MILLENNIA!?

Those words hit Tor'verd so hard, really hard, as if someone took a force augmented roundhouse kick to his gut which pummeled him out of this universe. It even caused him to open his eyes in shock. At first it way too bright for him to see anything, but after a few seconds he regained his vision.

twenty..six..millennia...fierfek! How in the 9 Temples of Tython did I survive all those years? Certainly I had expected to be freed of this carbonite much, much sooner...

Tor'verd noticed the several beings in front of him, and he counted nine. Then he noticed the technology surrounding them with the ships, weapons, and everything else. Immediately after, he noticed the environment.

Most definitely not the planet I had set the cruiser to settle on...

He turned around to notice the remains of a crashed ship

Something must've gone wrong and I crash landed on this planet...

He turned back to face the beings before him, as the leader with the dark presence spoke

"I mean you no harm," he said, "But who are you?"

He could feel the leader was telling the truth...but something was off. He appeared to be human, but his presence suggests something...different. He couldn't figure it out but it was enough to keep him on his toes about this Vader. He scanned the ships and assesed the other beings once more.

I could definitely take out most of these beings and give myself just enough time to escape with one of their ships...

But that was the problem. With Tor'verd missing out on twenty-six millennia, the technology had clearly advance far beyond his wildest dreams. Once he'd get on a ship he'd have no clue as to how to even turn it on, let alone fly it. He most certainly wasn't going to waste his time and energy running and hiding on a planet where the answers to his questions weren't going to be found. Tor'verd thought for a second, letting the silence hang between him and Vader. He noticed how Vader hadn't associated himself with the so-called Sith. He also noticed that he said they were defeated.

Blast it...these answers are only bring more questions...

He knew Vader wasn't going to harm him....for now. And with that he decided he would play along with Vader, seek out answers and learn as much as he could about the technology. After that he could figure out his next move.

"If the followers of the Bogan lost the war, does that mean the followers of the Ashla won? Or was the balance restored?"

Tor'verd kept his stance, blades raised, and stopped using the Ashla to replenish himself. He wasn't 100% but he recovered enough that he could do just fine on his own. He also realized that his knowedge was fresh from his travels to the 9 temples along with his ascension to becoming a Ranger.

Good thing it's like it was just yesterday...better than being twenty-six millennia out of practice...

grumble...

Tor'verd frowned as that grumble came from his stomach, he needed something to eat.

"And I don't suppose you have anything to eat?"

TAG: @Sinrebirth
    Last edited by Genet-Cabur Kyramud, Mar 9, 2013
  10. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Ruins

“Think I’ve gone barvy do you? Of course I know that the Sith-Imperial War started two decades ago, I also know that the Second Imperial Civil War has ended and the One Sith were scattered. But where do you think they scattered too? You narrow visioned members of the New Jedi Order refuse to look beyond the borders of the known galaxy. But we, the Guardians of Light, came out here to hold back the Darkness, we were left to fend for ourselves when the One Sith scattered to the peaceful Unknown Regions."

Alec relaxed, glad to know that he was at least proven wrong. So whatever was going on, it had started only recently. A year actually, if Cambria was to be believed. Surprisingly enough though, Alec had no idea who this Master Mazinn was and when he tried to think back if he saw the name within the Guardian records, nothing came to mind. The name might've been in the records but if it was, there had been nothing about him that had been recorded to warrant any interest. Still, he wondered why Cambria had no knowledge of Gaan. He waved it off as possibly another reason such as Cambria being out here before Gaan joining of the Guardians.

"One hundred and forty-six," Alec corrected Cambria at the end. "Its one hundred and forty-six years. Which means that whatever has been going on here could've possibly started over a year ago."

He had made no reaction or mentioning of the Twi'lek's jabs at the Jedi Order and he continued to not to say anything in response as he knew how it would only lead to wasted time. No, the Jedi knew that members of the One Sith were still around; that a lot of their members and materials had vanished after Krayt's death. But by the end of the war there was so much that needed to be done, a Triumvirate that needed to be formed and maintained, a galaxy that needed to heal, numbers that needed to be replenished. Creating a expedition to hunt down any members of the One Sith had been out of the question.

Which again made him wonder what was going on within the Core. The One Sith had came back to at least strike at Galactic Federation outposts but he had no idea what the situation was now. If there was another war going on or if this had been grander plan for the Sith to retrieve something.

And again he had to stop himself from dwelling on it. He was light years away from the Core and currently had no means of communication or transportation unless the Guardians would be willing to provide him both. Where he was, however, was in the ruins that held a mysterious installation that was being used to capture and place Force-users into stasis. What the overall plan was he had no idea but it needed to be stopped. Right now that was the only thing he could do.

And they were being delayed for far too long from it.

"So Master Lahana, Michael, and Hochner," Alec spoke again and nodded to himself. "You four have at least been recovered but there are still others. Michael had family members that were seemingly captured as well and who knows how many others have been taken in."

The canteen was still in his hand, still held out to Cambria as a sign of offering despite her only having her lightsabers drawn. He decided he couldn't wait anymore. Placing the cap on the canteen, he placed it on the floor.

"If you want to drink, drink," Alec spoke. "Recover. Gather your strength. We are not enemies of you, you are obviously unharmed, and with that established, we're moving on. If you want to follow, follow. If you have any questions, we can answer them for you while we search for the others."

Alec was one for patience but even he understood that they couldn't just stand around here for long. In his mind, the next course of action had already been established and there was no need to delay it anymore with questions that could be asked and answered while they searched. There were still the other Guardians of their group that they needed to find along with any other captives. More importantly, there was also locating the mastermind behind all this and putting a stop to them.

So they had to move on. The question of whether or not Cambria was going to join them was not a question at all. She was a Guardian who seemed to lack any knowledge about this place at all. But she was a prisoner, she had been freed, and even if she distrusted him and Gaan, what choice did she have? Certainly she could venture off on her own but he doubted that. She would want answers and, more importantly, find any other Guardians. And they were the only ones here who could possibly help her with that.

Not at all worried about being attacked from behind, Alec turned his back to Cambria and proceeded to walk out of the room, focusing back on their original objective and expecting Gaan to do the same unless she had questions to ask. He'll check one or two more doors in the hall, see if they contained any other prisoners, but if they didn't then he was just going to move down the hall and continue on. It was time to get to the bottom of this.

TAG: @CPL_Macja and @The_Zeltron
    Last edited by Sarge221, Mar 10, 2013
  11. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Ruins, Saridona Prime

“Kasha there’s something I wanted to talk to you about. It’s about Miria. I mean to ask her to…”

Kasha smiled as Josch began to speak about something on his mind. She had a feeling Miria and Josch were dating. She could tell by the way they looked at each other. It reminded her of how she and Anakin were. Suddenly she felt chills on her back causing her to look around as Josch scanned the distance. She could sense something here. The dark side, almost like it was a live.

Suddenly, out of the darkness, appeared a particularly vicious looking reptile, about three meters in length, with a black, scaly hide. In addition to those three meters, it had a meter long tail, covered in rows of spikes which stretched up past its back and onto its neck.

Instantly Josch ignited both of his lightsabers, “As you can see, your grandmother was correct. I do have a knack for getting into trouble.”

Kasha nodded in agreement as she ignited Fress’s lightsaber. A silver blade appeared with a snap hiss. “We’ll have to finish that conversation later,” she paused for a second as she studied the creature. “I thought these things were myths, is that what I think it is? Don’t let it scratch you or we’ll be dealing with deadly venom.”

@CPL_Macja
  12. The_Zeltron Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Gaan Be'orar - Ruins - Saridona Prime

“Think I’ve gone barvy do you? Of course I know that the Sith-Imperial War started two decades ago, I also know that the Second Imperial Civil War has ended and the One Sith were scattered. But where do you think they scattered too? You narrow visioned members of the New Jedi Order refuse to look beyond the borders of the known galaxy. But we, the Guardians of Light, came out here to hold back the Darkness, we were left to fend for ourselves when the One Sith scattered to the peaceful Unknown Regions.

“Master Lahana foresaw the gathering darkness five years ago and that is when Master Mazinn volunteered to seek out reinforcements. Some speculated that he was searching for the mysterious Templars of Twilight, but most feared that he had abandoned the Guardians. I stayed with Miria as long as I could, but then one day, when I went searching for Michael and Hochner, my speederbike malfunctioned and crashed into a tree. When I came too I find you two prattling on about a runaway Padawan running the Order.

So, to answer your all important question, it is 145 years since the Alliance to Restore the Republic destroyed the First Death Star over Yavin IV. Why do you ask?”

"One hundred and forty-six," Alex corrected the Twi'lek almost as soon as she finished. Gaan raised a brow. "Its one hundred and forty-six years. Which means that whatever has been going on here could've possibly started over a year ago."

Gaan looked at him. Her first thought had not been that the woman had lost a year, but rather that she had had her memory replaced. Then again, the "lost a year" theory did seem a bit more reasonable.

"So Master Lahana, Michael, and Hochner. You four have at least been recovered but there are still others. Michael had family members that were seemingly captured as well and who knows how many others have been taken in."

Gaan's attention was drawn back to them as Alec placed his canteen on the floor. "If you want to drink, drink. Recover. Gather your strength. We are not enemies of you, you are obviously unharmed, and with that established, we're moving on. If you want to follow, follow. If you have any questions, we can answer them for you while we search for the others."

Gaan lowered her lightsaber. If Cambria had wanted to attack, she would have done so by now. Alec seemed perfectly comfortable with her, and turned his back to her, leaving the room. Gaan continued to stare her down for a few moments, then deactivated her lightsaber, and stepped around Cambria to the door.

TAG: @CPL_Macja and @Sarge221
  13. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Darth Mal and Darth Helinith

The floor fell inward and Helinith shrieked before coming to her senses. She enveloped herself in a cocoon of force, another shield, against the debris that was falling with them and landed heavily on the floor, several bruises would make themselves known later at the end of this malarkey.
    Lights switched on as bright as a thousand suns and she squinted against them, eyes watering. "Ow ow ow..."
    There was something going on, figures melting into the floor or so it seemed. Malkuth dimmed a few bulbs and it was suddenly a pleasure to be able to see again.
    A liquid metallic 'thing' was scurrying away across the floor, leaving in its wake a couple of figures, a Chiss Sith Lord and his apprentice; a metal construct that seemed almost something straight off a holo-movie set. Helinith half expected to see cameras and studio lights on the other side of the hangar. The metallic liquid rose into the form of some other mechanical construct, swaying slightly like a large muscular serpent about to strike.

Words were exchanged and then chaos reigned.

Helinith sprang forward straight onto her target, trying to grip onto one of the metal panels of the so called “apprentice”. Unfortunately the force shield that he threw up prevented her from actually gripping him at all and she fell back, although recovering quickly into a neat roll. She narrowed her eyes at him, trying to decide what to do next. How did cyborgs fair in regards to force sensitivity? She threw a strong force push his way by means of test.

Mal, unnoticed by Helinith, had been pushed back almost straight into the welcoming arms of the mechu-deruform which short forward to meet him much like how a cobra strikes. Mal had barely time to meet the metal form with his own lightsaber, the glowing blade grinding against the lightsaber-resistant metal with an unpleasant sound. The force at which the mechu-deruform struck against the blade actually warped one of its own armoured plates slightly, but it was a visual deformity only. The creature withdrew slightly and shook itself, plates rattling as liquid ripples seemed to caress along the deformed plate, completely working it back to its original shape. Mal took the opportunity to withdraw backwards slightly into a proper defensive position, gripping his blade tightly. A hand slipped behind his back and into a back pocket, searching for something explosive while he awaited the creature’s next move.

Tag: Sinre
  14. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Josch Decinchi

Josch recognized the creature immediately, “Dark Devil, this isn’t the first time I’ve encountered one of these vile creatures. I just hope this is the last time I have to deal with one.” He started moving around towards the left side of the creature and indicated with his head that Kasha should circle around the opposite side. “You know, once we get out of here, I’ve got some stories about your great great grandmother shooting off wise cracks that would land her in hot water.”

As the duo flanked the hssiss, it started snapping at each of them in turn, not allowing either of them to get close enough to strike it with their lightsabers. Suddenly a green hooded figure dropped from the ceiling on top of the great lizard. In a whirling blur, the newcomer somersaulted off the Devil’s back, ignited a purple lightsaber, and landed in front of the beast. Before Josch or Kasha could react the lizard’s head separated from the rest of its body and rolled on to the ground.

Josch shifted his focus from the lifeless creature to that of their ‘savior’. The newcomer shutdown their lightsaber, replaced it on to their belt and threw back their hood.

[IMG]

“Hiya Pa, I see you’re still getting yourself into sticky situations. Except this time your dragging my great granddaughter into it.”

Josch’s jaw dropped as his lightsabers fell to the floor, “By the Verlin, is it really you? Is it really my darling Keira?”

“In the flesh dad.” She turned and looked at Kasha, “So, old friend, what do you think he was meaning to ask this Miria about?”

TAG: Kasha
    IC: Colonel Adalia Amber Tehanis

Addie was right, they had found the lost Guardians of Light, but none of them seemed to notice. As they went down the length of the corridor throwing open the cell doors, not one of them seemed to move. They didn’t even acknowledge their three rescuers; instead they all just sat there, listless. At the end of the corridor Addie opened a door that led to another corridor identical to the one they currently were in. As she stood there wondering what they should do next the doors down the new corridor sprung open of their own accord. In unison the occupants of the cells stood up, marched out, and headed in the same direction.

Addie turned to look at her companions, “Where do you think they're off to? Think we should follow them?”

TAG: Daniel & Hochner
    Cambria Secura

Cambria deactivated her lightsabers and followed the two strangers out into the hall. She watched as threw open door after door only to find them empty. Suddenly she was overcome with the sensation that she had to head down the corridor towards the stairs that Gaan and Alec ascended to find her. As she reached the bottom of the spiraling stairs she walked over to the opposite wall. She reached out, pushed lightly against it, and watched as a section of the wall recessed and then rose up. She walked through, knowing in her subconscious that the passageway would soon reseal itself.

TAG: Gaan & Alec
    Last edited by CPL_Macja, Mar 17, 2013
  15. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Ruins Saridona Prime

“In the flesh dad.” She turned and looked at Kasha, “So, old friend, what do you think he was meaning to ask this Miria about?”

Kasha frowned and shook her head as she glanced at Josch. “I don’t know. Fress spoke to both of us and Josch…” She paused for a second knowing this was more a of a father and daughter discussion. “I think he was looking for permission of some kind or closure to move on from his marriage by the sounds of it. I could be wrong.”

IC: Keria Colias- Decinchi
    Ruins Saridona Prime

Keria gave a short nod as she turned her attention to her father with a slight smile. She walked forward as she hooked the lightsaber back onto her belt. She wanted to hug her father but wasn’t sure how it would be received after all of these years. She lowered her eyes to the ground feeling some guilt rush through her. “I missed you, dad. I’m sorry for turning my back on your all of those years ago. I just hope you can forgive me.”

@CPL_Macja
  16. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider
    Ruins, Saridona Prime

Daniel was surprised at the number of cells they walked past. But none of the cells occupants acknowledged the small group of Jedi. It seemed almost like they were all in a coma of some sort. To be honest, Daniel didn't quite understand what had left them like this, and the Force gave no clues. He was about to voice that fact, when the occupants of the cells began to walk out of the area.

“Where do you think they're off to? Think we should follow them?”

Daniel frowned slightly, before replying, "I have no idea where they are going, but we can't just let them wander off on their own. I say we follow them."

TAG: @CPL_Macja , @Mitth_Fisto

(OOC: Yes, it is short. Not a whole lot to say right now :p )
  17. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Allynic Sitan
    Random Hallway, GOL Temple

Without answering him Khalifa kept running straight past him. Allynic stared after her for a moment before shaking his head. That one is always on the move. Allynic preferred to focus on the task at hand instead of darting off in all directions. "I have been out of commission for quite a while," he thought to himself. "I wonder if this place has a decent library?" He slowly started off, wandering through the various halls. The temple really was a wonderful sight to behold, filled with architecture and other appealing sights. Allynic took his time, taking in the beauty of the temple. After awhile he came upon the library at last. He slowly entered and scanned the room. It appeared to be empty which was fine with him. He preferred the quiet. It would allow him to think. He slowly strode to a console and sat down.

As he powered up the device his thoughts flashed back to what Khalifa had mentioned about the destruction of Caamas. Apparently it had happened shortly after his imprisonment and was ancient history by now. She really didn't have much in the way of facts for him. He wished to know more about what had become of his planet and people. He began to search for the desired file until he found one with the heading "The Caamas Firestorm." This was it. He struggled internally for a moment. Did he really want to read about the destruction of his planet? It would be something he could never unlearn. Was the pain worth the knowledge? Yes, it was. He opened the document and began to read, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

TAG: @CPL_Macja, @Bardan_Jusik (thanks for the help with the writers block)
  18. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    OOG I posted in the wrong rp.
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Mar 22, 2013
  19. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, The Ruins

Upon opening his third door and finding nothing, Alec was ready to move on. From what he can see over at Gaan's end, she was having the same luck as he was and, if his Force senses were speaking truth, he detected no other life forms within the hall; Cambria had apparently been the only one that had been imprisoned here. That, of course, opened up a whole new line of questioning as to why only Cambria had been here and no one else. Had her location of imprisonment been a choice driven by some kind of condition or plan revolving around her that was separate from the other prisoners? Was it because she, like Miria, Hochner, and Michael, were one of the more senior members of the Guardians and required their own, solitary confinement? For the upteenth time since starting this quest, Alec admitted that he didn't know and even he felt a stab of frustration at this lack of answers.

"I don't think there are anymore here," Alec finally admitted after sealing the door he had just opened. "We should move on. It'll be easier to free anymore prisoners by locating the source anyway....."

He trailed off as he looked back at Gaan and Cambria. Well, Cambria to be precise. The Twi'lek had silently turned her back to them and started to walk off in the direction of the spiraling staircase that had led Gaan and him up here in the first place. Though Alec was about to say something to catch Cambria's attention, he stopped himself. There was something...off. Not just Cambria mind you - he didn't know her long enough to know what was "off" when it came to her anyway - but there was something that made Alec pause and look down both ends of the hall.

There was something in the air. A subtle shift the origin of which Alec had no idea of how to pinpoint.

But there was something wrong and he got the feeling that Cambria was a part of it whether directly or indirectly. So, silently, Alec followed after Cambria and gave Gaan a wary look that told her to keep a look out for any trouble that may pop up.

The Twi'lek reached the staircase and started walking down with Alec keeping some distance and holding back any question as to where she was going. He just continued to follow her though he wasn't sure what she would be looking for. Once they got down, there would only be the slope that had separated him and Gaan from the rest and brought them down here. There had been no other way out except the staircase. So why...?

There had been no reason for Cambria to go to the wall that she now went to. It was just like any other wall that they had found so far. Yet something seemed out of the ordinary about it because the Twi'lek reached out and pushed against it. To Alec's surprise, the section of the wall actually rose up to reveal a secret passage.

How...?

That's right. The Force-restricting barrier had still been up and neither he nor Gaan had been able to use it to detect any anomalies that could've made this secret door stand out to them. Proud of his insight, Alec would like to think that he would've been able to find the secret passage had he still been able to use the Force.

He could now but that didn't dampen his caution at all. Upon Cambria stepping inside the passage without a word, Alec wasn't willing to simply follow anymore. He quickened his pace not only to pass under the wall before it possibly resealed behind the Twi'lek but to catch up with her.

Keeping in mind that his touch may not be welcomed and steeling himself for any reaction she may have, Alec reached out and lightly grasped Cambria's arm to bring her to a stop and, perhaps, back to her senses.

"Is there anything wrong, Cambria?" he questioned gently. "We should be careful; none of us know what we'll find in here."

Just because she knew where to go, it didn't mean that she knew what was waiting for them after all.

TAG: @CPL_Macja, @The_Zeltron
  20. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Maj. Seneca Pythos
    TCC, Temple of Light

This is Eira Dryn of the Dreamer’s Catch, I believe I should be expected.

The Old Man cleared his throat as he activated the comms to respond in the open. “Affirmative Catch. You are cleared to land in Hanger Bay #2. Follow the flight path designated for you. From there you will receive further instructions.” Seneca knew that by broadcasting in the open that everyone, including the Redemption and the Defender, would know that the new arrival was to be allowed to land, unharassed.

He turned to his droid companion who was twittering on, his eyepatch interface translated the tincan’s beeps and boops for him. “I know we need to make room again. Tell your friend in the TwinTail to maneuver over to Bay 3. At this rate if anyone else shows up we’re gonna hafta land one of the Destroyers to act as an auxiliary bay.

As the words slipped past his lips the glowrod turned on in his head and he turned away from the comms to the large tactical display that dominated the center of the room. Currently it displayed the Temple of Light in the center with its immediate surroundings. With the stroke of a few keys the view zoomed out displaying the entirety of the Valley of Light. A small grin spread across his lips as he returned to the comms and dialed up the Defender.

Captain Glynnis? Major Pythos. I just had a crazy idea for you and once you hear it I’ll let the Colonel in on it.

IC: Col. Voj Velkin
    Hanger Bay #2

Voj listened as the new arrivals introduced themselves, all along he could feel the trepidation flowing off of Dovey. It was strange for him, usually he would have been able to get a better feel of everyone in the hanger bay, but for some reason Dovey’s emotional turmoil was the aura that dominated his senses.

So, could you possibly expand a little on the nature of the threat that the Guardians are gearing up to defend against, please?

The only threat that I believe that we need to defend against is the likes of you? As you see Saridona Prime is uncharted and the Temple of Light is not only a place of learning, but a sanctuary from the Darkness that plagues this sector of the galaxy. But as far as a threat to the Guardians, there is nothing that is imminent, unless you know something that we don’t know?

Things from Voj’s past made him leery of outsiders and new arrivals so he was naturally cautious of them. He was tempted to dig further, but his comlink chirped with an incoming message and he could feel that Dovey was itching for some peace and quiet. So he decided that now was the opportune time to slip away. “As much as I would like to continue this discussion, I have other pressing business to attend too, so if you have any further questions I am sure Grand Master Lahana and Major Taab can assist you.

Voj turned to leave and looked right at Dovey, “Knight Dovey would you care to join me?” He intentionally used her given name as to not immediately reveal that she was Miria’s sister. “There is something in the Library that I wanted to show you.

As the duo exited the hanger bay Voj pulled a small holo out of his cloak and handed it to Dovey.
    [IMG]
    That’s me, at the age of twenty, with Lady Galia Alchi, Erphaean Queen of Vernet. It was taken in 60 ABY during the Second Ergwaz uprising.” He paused for a moment for it to sink in, “Dovey, Queen Galia is my grandmother.

IC:Jaxon Renn
    Ashla Base

Well, how I got here was on an old Corellian prototype dropship. But I am sure that is not what you mean,” Jaxon said with a grin. “I am part of a group of Force sensitive Mandalorians called the Journeymen Knights. We have been called here by Grand Master Decinchi to train and provide security for the Temple.

“You know, since you are obviously feeling better, how about we get out of the Medical Bay and you show me around the Temple?

TAG: @BultarSwan, @Runjedirun, @BlueHeron, @Tim Battershell, @Rebecca_Daniels, @Padawan4687
    Last edited by CPL_Macja, Mar 27, 2013
  21. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Allynic Sitan
    Library GOL Temple

Allynic was deep in thought reading the computer screen in front of him.
    The Caamasi rubbed his eyes after he finished reading. The fur on his cheeks were moist sadness filled his heart. He browsed through and saw there had been a few refugee camps after Caamas was destroyed. One, ironically, had been on the peaceful planet of Alderaan. So much destruction the Empire had caused. It was heart-breaking. Allynic powered down the console. He realized his back was very stiff from the prolonged sitting. He stood up and stretched slightly then did a double back-flip into the air and landed gracefully. He follow it up with a handstand and then cartwheeled through the air. He felt much looser now.

After a moment he gathered his things and left the empty library to head back towards the hangar. As he entered, he saw several beings and looked for one to approach.

TAG: @BultarSwan
    Last edited by Chewbacca89, Mar 27, 2013
    BultarSwan likes this.
  22. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Eira Dryn
    Dreamer's Catch, above Saridona

Affirmative Catch. You are cleared to land in Hanger Bay #2. Follow the flight path designated for you. From there you will receive further instructions.

Eira let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding. While she'd made the decision to trust Ciryc, there had been a bit of doubt in her mind as to whether the man would lead her on the right path. There was still no evidence that this was a Jedi planet, but at the very least they weren't attacking her.

The designated route was simple, terminating in a hangar bay in a large structure. She followed it as precisely as she could, still aware of the large ships in orbit. On atmospheric entry, she was forced to put up her shields or risk pieces of this junkpile falling off, which obscured her view of the planet for a few minutes while the shields heated up from friction. Once she lowered them, Eira got a better look at her destination.

The planet was snow-covered, and her sensors told her it was definitely cold, though that didn't worry her all that much; her species was built for cold, and even so the structure she was heading for ought to be heated. Now that Eira thought of it, the structure looked reminiscent of the Jedi temple she'd visited once, long ago. Perhaps these were the Jedi, and a feeling of hope rose in her chest.

As she approached, Eira realised the temple was bigger than she'd initially thought; this was a serious construction, and it probably housed a lot of people. Her caution returned, since more people meant it was less likely that they could all be trusted. Unfortunately she had no choice, both because of the dangerous-looking ships in orbit and because her fuel gauge was dropping close to zero. If she didn't think she could trust them, she'd just ask to refuel and go, Eira decided, and, more sure, she picked up speed toward the hangar.

And almost immediately slowed. The hangar was packed, full of other ships of a variety of designs, with barely a space for her to set down. This would be tricky, and impossible if she came careening in at a high speed. Eira switched to repulsors half a klick out and eased in slowly. Something gave her the impression that if she hit anything, she would face an unpleasant welcoming committee.

Luckily she was able to slip in and land without touching the other ships or the walls. Eira had even managed to get the ship facing the right way so her boarding ramp wouldn't face the wall.

She took her time shutting everything down, not wanting to waste power or risk something malfunctioning when she wasn't there to deal with it. Not for the first time, she wished she'd thought to buy a droid, maybe an old astromech that could handle this sort of thing for her. Instead, she used the shutdown procedures as an excuse to not leave her ship yet, as she could see a few people on the hangar deck. One was even... a Mandalorian? Interesting, but not somehow not surprising.

Once everything was taken care of, Eira checked her appearance - she'd slept in these clothes last night - smoothed out the wrinkles in her long-sleeved shirt, tucked her short hair behind her ears, and then lowered the ramp and exited her ship.

It was nice to be on a planet again; despite what some people said, she could always tell the difference between artificial gravity and real gravity, and the fresh air was wonderful after her time on her ship. Eira didn't bother closing the ramp - if she was staying she'd want to get stuff off her ship, and if she was leaving she'd be back on it soon enough - and stepped toward the beings she'd noticed on her arrival.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @BultarSwan @Tim Battershell @Runjedirun @JediFalcon
  23. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: All GoL Affiliated Characters please see the note in the EUCJedi prior to responding in your next post. Thank you!

IC: Josch Decinchi, Keira Colias-Decinchi, Adalia Amber Tehanis, Cambria Secura

Josch wrapped his arms around his long lost daughter, “Of course I can forgive you, because I never blamed you in the first place. The only person at fault was me. I became so blinded by my hunt to protect you and your mother that I did not realize that I was the one hurting you guys.

Keira looked up in time to be embraced by her father, she willingly returned the hug. Clutching onto him tighter than she ever had before, a small tear trickled down her cheek. “It’s done now, no more apologies. I’m just grateful that cousin Voj was able to find you.

What do you mean cousin Voj? You know what, we’ll discuss it once we get out of here. For now I’m just happy we’re back together.” As he pulled back from her there was a sharp almost stabbing pain from behind his eyes. His hand instinctually shot up to his temple as he winced. Then it was there again, the music, the same that had drawn him to Saridona Prime decades before and what he heard when they first discovered the Ruins. Unlike before, it was fainter, more distant, but just as persistent. “Do you two feel that?

Keira did not feel anything other than a twinge of pain coming off of her father in the Force. “No, I don’t Pa. What’s going on?

Josch opened himself to the Force. He found that when he did fight against the music that it was not as painful and that it almost acted like a trail. With his eyes still closed he looked around the chamber and found what looked like a light blue stream of vapor wafting in from one of the wall panels. He walked over to it, placed both of his hand upon it, and gave it a light push. Instantly it withdrew inward and rose up into the ceiling. Before him lay an open corridor that had the same light blue vapor leading down the middle.

Come on girls, let’s see what kinda trouble we can find. He then started down darkened passageway knowing full well that Kasha’s and Keira’s Erphaean curiosity would not allow them to stay behind. Keira started following her dad, and looked over at Kasha, “Gotta love this family.

Adalia looked back at Daniel and Hochner, “Whatever you say Cap. Let’s play follow the leader.” Without further hesitation Adalia clipped her lightsaber back onto her utility belt. As they started down the corridor, she unzipped her flightsuit down to her navel, stripped it off to reveal her tan tanktop, wrapped the arms of the loose hanging suit around her waist, and tied them off. For some reason she felt warm and felt relieved that they were following the group.

Cambria was not herself. She did not stop when Alec grasped her arm. All she knew was that the Gulias was calling for her to lead the Gathering. She had finally been chosen. After all the longing and all the waiting, the Great Gulias chose her. As she continued down the corridor she called back to Alec and Gaan, “Come my friends. The Great Gulias Tree is calling.

There was no stopping her, no persuading her otherwise, she had been chosen and she would not disappoint. She would lead the Gathering and it would be glorious.

They all made their ways through the various corridors that mirrored the ones that were behind them. As they turned one last corner they find themselves standing in a large, cavernous chamber with a high ceiling of rough stone. A strange luminous fungus grew upon it and shone with a violet light, casting nauseating shadows on the stone floor.

The chamber was filled with people, not just people, but the missing Guardians, several thousands of them kneeling on the ground in front of a large black crystalline structure on a raised dais. It grew, as if it were a tree, out of a wound in the planet beneath the venomous fungal light. Its blackened, twisted limbs reached upward, like a skeletal hand clawing its way up from the dais, as if to scrap the growth from the ceiling.

Along the perimeter were four entry ways. From the one on the far right of the chamber walked in Adalia, Daniel, and Hochner who were all following a long line of ragged looking missing Guardians. The trio of current Guardians stopped just inside the entrance while the line they were following continued on to join the masses. From the next entrance walked in Cambria Secura. Meanwhile Josch, Keira, and Kasha stood in the third archway.

Cambria walked straight up to the dais that black crystal structure protruded up out from, she walked straight through the masses, who parted to create a clear path for her. Once she reached the dais the music that Josch had been using his will power to resist suddenly stopped. She was then joined by two creatures, which resembled the Ruins security hologram, who entered the chamber from the far left entryway. Cambria turned to face the kneeling Guardians and raised her hands up into the air. In a loud clear voice she announced to the whole chamber, “The time has come!

Standing in the presence of the blackened crystal tree a chill ran down Josch’s spine, he closed his eyes and felt that the music was coming from it along with a darkness. He looked over his shoulder and said in a low voice, “I’ve got a bad...

Don’t even finish that thought Pa.” Keira quickly interrupted placing her finger on Josch’s lips to silence him.

24. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Approved By CPL_Macja

Alec Vandel

Saridona Prime, Ruins

Though Alec had been prepared for however Cambria may react to his touch, ironically enough he didn't expect her to not react at all and it surprised him. His grip having been loose, it was easy for Cambria to just slip her arm out of it as she kept going, not even seeming to notice his attempted intervention. For a moment he just stood there, his arm still stretched out, possibly thinking of another approach to get Cambria's attention, before the Twi'lek suddenly called back towards him and Gaan.

Come my friends. The Great Gulias Tree is calling.

For some reason her words sent a chill down Alec's spine and he wondered if he would've preferred Cambria drawing her lightsabers on him again rather then this for a response.

Seeing no other option, he had no choice but to follow her even if throughout the continued journey he was tempted to try and stop her again. He doubted that he would get any kind of reaction other then the one he had gotten previously so all he did was place one foot in front of the other, taking one corridor after the next, all the while wondering what was waiting for them. Cambria wasn't herself; he knew that for certain. He may have only known the Twi'lek for a few minutes, only exchanged a few sentences, but he knew something was off about her. While he could only detect a faint wrongness in the air, he was coming under the suspicion that Cambria was being led somewhere by something.

He got his answer as to what it was soon enough. Stopping just at the edge of the large, cavernous chamber that the latest corridor led them to, the young Jedi took the opportunity to look around and was surprised at what he saw. Hundreds, no, thousands of people were inside the chamber. Alec assumed that a number of them were Guardians but the others....

Are they all Force-sensitives? Alec wondered as he examined this gathering, eyes slightly wide. All Jedi? There's no way. Even at its prime I don't think the Order had this many and they certainly don't have it after the war.
    Even if it was a mix of Jedi and Guardians Alec couldn't believe that there were this many in existence nonetheless so many that would've been drawn to Saridona Prime. Maybe there was a number who weren't sensitive but were trapped here. Maybe they were all sensitive to the Force but most at such a degree that they could barely be affected by it but that it was enough. Potential Jedi then?

Sith?

That thought startled him and Alec did look amongst the gathered faces, wondering if he would spot the familiar, red, tattooed faces of the One SIth.

The time has come!

Alec found his gaze landing on Cambria instead, finding her at the head of these gathered numbers, hands held high up in the air as she made her declaration. There were more details, more developments that he had missed until now like the two creatures that had appeared and now stood on each side of her. His first thought was that they were both holograms like the one before but that thought was immediately killed off when it quickly became apparent that they weren't. Seeing two possible specimens of the supposedly extinct Rakata, however, did not focus as much of his attention as the other thing that stood on the dais.

It was like a tree. Alec wasn't sure how he made that comparison but the black, crystalline structure that stood on the dais reminded him of one. Framed by the violet, fungal light, the black structure seemed to be growing out from beneath before winding its way up with twisted, blackened limbs that stretched up as if to reach the ceiling. He didn't need to feel the darkness that spread along the chamber to know that there was something completely and utterly sinister about it.

But he did feel it and it caused him to react in a way that he hadn't in a long, long time.

It had been the first time that he had felt true evil; what had to be a pure manifestation of the dark side itself. Though he and his first Master had been on the run in a galaxy dominated by the Sith for some time now, the shadow that was inevitably drawn in their wake had never been casted over him until that day: the day when Dac died.

He had never experienced the death of a world before. He had been born long after the destruction of worlds like Alderaan and Carida, both of which were destroyed by superweapons. There was the infamous description of the feeling that had occurred upon their deaths, as if a million voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. But those worlds had died quickly, instantly, with the power of the Death Star and the Sun Crusher. Dac had died slowly, painfully, its twenty-seven billion inhabitants and sea life dying by a Sith-made poison that tainted the waters and slew everything it came in contact with.

Whereas Alderaan and Carida's destruction had allowed their inhabitants to experience a brief moment of pain that left a great disturbance in the Force, Dac had unleashed a maddening crescendo of voices that rose and fell and rose again as its people were infected and killed, only to have more become infected and repeat the process. Just like tides against the shore, the pain of their deaths splashed again and again in waves across the galaxy. Due to his sensitivity and insight, Alec had felt it all.

And it gave him a first, good look at the flaws of everything in creation.

Alec's eyes blinked. Slowly. His eyelids dropped down, hid his green eyes, and opened to reveal eyes that now possessed a subtle change. His pupils dilated, his brows rose a fraction, and yet anyone who got a good look at them would find something off that went beyond mere physical changes just as he had felt something off with Cambria. His gaze was a bit more unfocused as if he was trying to examine everything in the room at once. In a way he could.

The day Dac died was the day he had discovered his talent in the art of the Shatterpoint.

There were fault lines that spanned all across the chamber. Along the bodies of the gathered people, Cambria, the stone walls, he found points and lines where an exertion of his will and power could cause those weak points to crumble and cause the entire structure to shatter whether it be stone, durasteel, flesh, or bone. They showed the fragility of life; of how anything that is so painstakingly-created can be easily destroyed.

With this new vision, he could see the focus of this "gathering". A great multitude of lines were all connected, all drawn towards the black, crystalline structure that stood on the dais. He could see the darkness that radiated from it, that stretched out and sought to span the entire chamber, engulfing and influencing its gathered victims. He felt its desires, its menacing intent to go even further, to cast its darkness amongst the innocent as the Sith had once did on the galaxy. As soon as it was free, it would consume any and all beings that fell beneath its shadow.

Alec's fingers stretched and curled into a fist. Just as he swore on that day and the day the Sith had fallen, he would not allow that to happen again.

He summoned the Force to him. However, when it usually came quickly and easily to him, he noticed a sluggishness that harshly contrasted with the lightness and energy of the light side of the Force. It felt more viscous, almost liquid in nature. Cold. He knew that to be the dark side that radiated from the dark crystal, that seemed to taint the very air itself. That only reinforced his decision to destroy it as soon as possible before it could spread. Though sluggish, the Force came to him, filled him, empowered him, energized him.

Alec took a deep breath, felt his limbs tense with power...and then all of it unleashed in one huge burst as he took off.

There was still the path that had been carved through the masses due to Cambria's approach. Alec took it, rushing passed the assembled crowd, heading straight towards the dais and the crystal structure. Even with Cambria currently in the way, he could make out the point on the surface of the black crystal behind her, a weakness that he could exploit. By filling it with the Force, by injecting the light in the darkness, he could cause that crystal to shatter and stop this here and now. It was there that he would strike.

Reaching the foot of the dais, Alec jumped, the Force enhancing the muscles in his legs as he leaped up to a height that no human could match. He leaped over Cambria, over the two Rakatana, and found himself falling straight towards the structure.

He probably should've realized something was wrong when no one had tried to stop him.

The fault was right below him. Focusing the energies of the Force to a single point, that of his right hand, Alec reached out to slam his palm against the surface, to use it to vent the gathered energies into the shatterpoint of the crystal and destroy it.

A second before he came down, before his palm made contact, the shatterpoint suddenly vanished.

That was when he felt danger. When every fiber of his being screamed out in warning. Alec's eyes went wide with alarm, his body made a motion as if to twist out of the way despite being in mid air. But it was too late.

His palm touched the surface of the crystal.

As if matching the violet light of the fungal growth, a burst of energy erupted from where flesh met crystal and immediately raced up along Alec's arm that sought to encase his body. And before Alec knew it, he was suddenly trapped in a prison of white hot pain as every part of his body was electrocuted. Sparks of electricity went up and down, delivering pain wherever they went. The young Jedi felt his muscles spasm, his body convulsing. He had never felt pain like this before and the one he felt developing at his throat was due to the fact that he was screaming.

But amongst this pain he felt a presence. A dark, sinister presence that took a sick delight at his suffering. Every convulsion, every hard spasm that threatened to break or dislocate a bone, was due to the will of this presence that toyed with his body. As if testing to see how far until it broke. Alec's head and limbs shook like mad and a small hint of smoke began to linger on his flesh. Despite this, his clothes remained unaffected, the malevolent presence focusing on solely torturing Alec's flesh.

And as if tiring from its examination, it tossed him aside. Literally. Having been suspended in the air where he had been administered this torture for what felt like minutes - though, really, just slow, slow seconds - Alec was suddenly flung away. Right over Cambria's head, right over the heads of the gathered crowd, Alec landed right where he had started; in front of the corridor that had led him to the chamber. He slammed onto the ground hard, rolled once, and came to a stop. A lingering spark of electricity caused his limbs to twitch, a trickle of smoke yet remained, but he quickly went still.

He had lost consciousness long before he had landed.

TAG: @CPL_Macja, @The_Zeltron, @JediFalcon, @Mitth_Fisto, @Skywalker_T-65
    Last edited by Sarge221, Mar 29, 2013
    Bardan_Jusik and BultarSwan like this.
  25. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Ruins Saridona Prime

Kasha watched as Keira hugged Josch tightly. This is what she knew what Fress wanted and it looked like her last wish was coming true. Josch pulled back and he closed his eyes almost like he had a sudden headache.

Kasha felt a calling through the Force. It was a calling that was hard to ignore. She felt some pain come from Josch making her wonder if the calling was stronger for those who have been on the planet longer. She noticed Keira was barely affected by it just through what her father was feeling.

“Come on girls, let’s see what kinda trouble we can find".

Keira started following her dad, and looked over at Kasha, “Gotta love this family.”

Kasha gave a slight smile and nod as she followed her great grandmother and great great grandfather. She had to ignore the feelings, something was telling her she had too. She had a really bad feeling about this.

As they entered a room with several arches she noticed the others were standing outside the crowd. Was that a black crystal tree?

“Come my friends. The Great Gulias Tree is calling.”

“The time has come!”

“I’ve got a bad...”

“Don’t even finish that thought Pa.” Keira quickly interrupted placing her finger on Josch’s lips to silence him.

“The feeling is mutual,” Kasha said as she glanced at her grandparents. The words sent chills down her back. “I have a bad feeling…”

Keira raised an eyebrow in Kasha’s direction. “What did I just finish telling pa?”

Kasha didn’t answer as Alec reached for the black crystal. “Alec don’t touch….” Too late she thought as Alec went flying backwards. She sensed the dark side just pulsating through the Force. She shook her head as she worked on her shielding. She had to resist if she wanted to see her husband and children again. Her hand went to her stomach noting it felt hard. She never told Anakin. She knew he would be against coming here if he knew. It was best she never told him. That way he wouldn’t be hurt. She glanced at Josch and Keira. “What’s the plan for getting out of this one?”

@CPL_Macja, @The_Zeltron, @Sarge221, @Mitth_Fisto, @Skywalker_T-65
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Mar 29, 2013
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza