main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Josch Decinchi, Keira Colias-Decinchi, Adalia Amber Tehanis, Cambria Secura
    The Ruins, Saridona Prime

Armed aggression, it was one thing that the middle-aged erphaean had grown weary of after living through all the wars he had seen and fought. The Clone Wars caused him to relocate from one side of Kashyyyk to the other. Both Jedi Purges caused him to lose loved ones, go into hiding, and eventually pressed him into military service. He fought in the first and second Galactic Civil Wars, along with the first and second Imperial Civil Wars, the Sith-Imperial War, and the Yuuzhan Vong War. For him, this skirmish would just be added to the ever growing list of battles that had to be fought, for one reason or another.

Fortunately this battle ended in short order. The years without true combatants or foes lead to the Rakatas becoming addle and slowed their reaction speed.

Alec’s ground attack incapacitated two of its three intended targets, but Gaan and the Old General were able to dispatch him with ease. They continued on to the children and other non-combatants down the corridor that lead to the spiraling stairs that ascended to the stasis prisons. Eventually along that path they would find their way out, as Josch had some months before with Miria.

Addie blasted her Rakata in the one place he wasn’t armored, his face. At the same time Daniel was unsuccessful to put his into full stasis, but stunned him enough to take him down with ease. As did Hochner who used a similar, if not more conventional, technique as Daniel.

Hochner’s thrown saber did not connect with its intended target, but it did startle the Rakata enough that he lost his grip on the crystal tree and plummeted to the stone floor below. With their objective taken care of, Keira vaulted across the room to join Kasha and the young new-comer who were engaged with the three that came through their entrance. With a few short strokes they dispatched them as if they were training droid.

Meanwhile Cambria joined Josch’s side. Together they Force Pushed the three back down the corridor they emerged from. Little did the two Master know, but their combined strength caused their would be attackers fly back far enough to land in a dark lizard pen.

As quickly as the conflict had begun, it had reached its completion. Josch walked toward the crystal tree to retrieve Hochner fallen lightsaber. Next to it he found a small shard that must have fallen from the tree. Cautiously he picked it up, but did not suffer a jolt as Alec had, and placed it in his pouch. As a matter of an experiment, he ignited his short saber, and with just the tip of his blade, stabbed the tree. Purple streaks, spider webbed throughout the tree. A single spark shot back and zapped Josch’s left hand.

More out of surprise than actual pain, Josch deactivated his saber and pulled his hand back. He noticed that there was no visible change to the outside of the tree, but could feel that something had changed within. He turned to address those who were left in the chamber, as he did he tossed Hochner his tossed saber. “I want everyone out of here, I think I have found a way to rid ourselves of this thing, but I am not sure how it is going to react. Follow Gaan and the old man down the corridor. Hochner, once you reach the top of the stairs you should be able to lead everyone out. The only person I want to stay behind is Alec. Go now, start loading people on the Spirit and contact the temple, we’re going to need a couple of more rides.

Once everyone was out of the chamber he would share his plan with Alec.

TAG: The_Zeltron, Sarge221, JediFalcon, Mitth_Fisto, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik, General Valerian

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Ruins
    The Force didn't fail him this time. But then again it rarely did. His attack sent the three Rakata up into the air and then gravity and their armor turned against them as they slammed back into the ground. Two of them didn't get back up but a third - having been cushioned by the body of one of his companions - managed to get back up on his feet, clutching his weapon in a clear sign of battle readiness. Alec was ready to take care of the remaining obstacle himself but Gaan and an elderly-looking Force-user that had not been with their investigation group took care of it. Behind them flocked children and other non-combatants; whether Guardians or not, they could figure it all out later. For now it was in their best interests to get them out.

"Go, go!" Alec shouted amongst the din of combat to both Gaan and her group. His lightsaber activating to better get the attention of the non-combatants, Alec pointed the green blade towards the corridor while he used his other hand to wave on any stragglers to catch up with the main group and go.

And for a brief moment he found himself faltering. The hand that held the lightsaber lowered a moment, his grip loosening, while he felt his knees buckle in response to another, sudden ache that seemed to throb deep in his muscles and bones. Alec's vision blurred and the crowd suddenly doubled before he blinked to clear it and shook his head.

Like before, Alec used the Force and the warmth of the still-pulsing kasha crystal to help center himself in the face of this reoccurring pain. They weren't out of the woods yet and he quickly scanned the rest of the cavern to see what else needed to be done. There were still groups of Rakata engaged with the other members of the Guardian but, as Alec watched, the numbers quickly dwindled as one group were pushed back through the corridor they came from by Grand Master Decinchi and Cambria - who, at this point,was clearly no longer being controlled - while the remaining Guardians either cut down or shot the rest.

Funnily enough, Alec felt a brief sense of regret. The battle was painfully one-sided and it didn't escape him that the Rakata that were just slain could be the last members of their species. There was nothing that could be done about it; even if spared, the Rakata couldn't possibly have the numbers to repopulate and it seemed that this particular group were still enthralled by delusions of grandeur of an Empire that has long-since been lost. The only way they knew how to bring it back was with the dark devices of their oppressive reign and the continued arrogance that they were superior while the rest of the galaxy was meant to be their kingdom. There was no hope for them; their time had ended.

Speaking of dark devices...there was one last thing that needed to be done.

When he turned in the direction of the crystal though, Alec saw that he wasn't the only one thinking the same thing. Decinchi currently had his lightsaber stabbed deep into it and, against this attack, the tree offered a spark of electricity that zapped the Grand Master's left hand. Instinctively, Alec flinched, remembering his own painful interaction with the crystal. Just as he thought, that thing wasn't going to be destroyed through any ordinary means. With the last of the Rakata threat extinguished, perhaps he would be allowed to try again, to see if his Shatterpoint would be able to break it with a second try.

"The only person I want to stay behind is Alec. Go now, start loading people on the Spirit and contact the temple, we’re going to need a couple of more rides.

Alec blinked at hearing his name called. Did Decinchi know how to destroy the crystal? Willing to hope so if it meant erasing this thing from existence, Alec made his way to the Grand Master's position, pausing once or twice to guide any remaining civilians and non-combatants to the corridor that would, hopefully, lead to their freedom.

"I assume you have an idea," Alec spoke as he stepped to the older man's side.

TAG: CPL_Macja, The_Zeltron, JediFalcon, Mitth_Fisto, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik, General Valerian

BultarSwan likes this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Keria Colias-Decinchi Kasha Sherland
    Ruins Saridona Prime

“I want everyone out of here, I think I have found a way to rid ourselves of this thing, but I am not sure how it is going to react. Follow Gaan and the old man down the corridor. Hochner, once you reach the top of the stairs you should be able to lead everyone out. The only person I want to stay behind is Alec. Go now, start loading people on the Spirit and contact the temple, we’re going to need a couple of more rides.”

Keira looked back at her dad and blinked in surprise wondering what he had in mind. She glanced at her great granddaughter and gave a slight push. “Kasha, go on ahead and I’ll catch up.”

“Sure grandma,” Kasha said as she led more children out of the cavern. The fight was pretty one-sided making it easy to defeat the opposition. She walked back to where her father and the one she assumed was Alec standing in front of the crystal.

"I assume you have an idea,"

“Of course he has an idea,” Keria said with a wink. “Pa, just don’t do anything that mom would be against you doing. I want you back in one piece,” she took a step forward and gave her dad a hug then took a step back. “You would be very proud of your grandson. Flynn is a fine Jedi healer. He even delivered Brice and Mekaila. Be careful, you and I have a lot of catching up to do. I love you.”

Keria gave her dad a smile before heading out of the cavern, she did worry about what he had in mind. She just hoped this wasn’t the last thing she said to him. The guilt would eat her a live for sure. She walked forward and helped the stragglers out as the last of the children left. She glanced at everyone with a slight. "Let's get the children out of here and get a hold of the temple to see about getting extra rides out here."

CPL_Macja, Mitth_Fisto, Skywalker_T-65, Sarge221, The_Zeltron, Bardan_Jusik, General Valerian

BultarSwan likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Hector Zey

Zey advanced on the only creature of the three that hadn't been incapacitated by the young Jedi's attack. An athletic woman advanced along with him towards the hapless creature. Against just the one of them it would have stood little chance. Against them both it was over quickly. Zey quickly disarmed it, his blade cleaving through its weapon as well as a portion of its forearm. The rest he left to his new companion. He shook his head, his long hair swaying back and forth. He hadn't remembered it being quite this easy.

Still he flashed a toothy grin. While the taking of life, even that of an enemy, was never something to be celebrated, there was nothing like combat to make one feel so.... alive. He knew it was something that bordered dangerously on the dark side, and was something he had struggled with, his near enjoyment of combat. But he always knew it was for a purpose, to fight for the side of light, for civilization, and for the Jedi. He deactivated his lightsaber and clipped it back to his belt. Their fight had carried them to just inside the corridor, and now Zey took to leading the children out of the chamber that way. That was when another voice rang out from the chamber.

“I want everyone out of here, I think I have found a way to rid ourselves of this thing, but I am not sure how it is going to react. Follow Gaan and the old man down the corridor. Hochner, once you reach the top of the stairs you should be able to lead everyone out. The only person I want to stay behind is Alec. Go now, start loading people on the Spirit and contact the temple, we’re going to need a couple of more rides.”

It was the one who had spoken before. He looked young to be giving such orders, but in him Zey sensed a presence that was far older, and quite powerful in the Force. Obviously a man in authority, If Zey was going to get anywhere in getting his reinforcements he would need to convince this man. So he immediately went along with the order.

Zey moved down the corridor along with a majority of the other Jedi, leaving their leader and the young man, Alec behind. The woman who had helped him defeat one of the creatures, Gaan she had been called, took the lead with him as the other's followed. The Kubaz, Zey now knew was Hochner, would take point once they had reached the top of the stairway. The elderly Jedi took the opportunity to introduce himself to the those who had left Alec and their leader behind in the "tree" chamber.

"I am Master Hector Zey, of the New Jedi Order," he announced in a loud voice that somehow didn't echo through the corridor. "With whom have I had the honor of fighting this battle against the forces of darkness?"

TAG: CPL_Macja, Sarge221, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Skywalker_T-65, JediFalcon, General Valerian

[​IMG]

BultarSwan and Chewbacca89 like this.
  5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Keria Colias-Decinchi
    Ruins Saridona Prime

"I am Master Hector Zey, of the New Jedi Order," he announced in a loud voice that somehow didn't echo through the corridor. "With whom have I had the honor of fighting this battle against the forces of darkness?"

“I am Keria Colias-Decinchi,” Keria answered with a slight smile. “The New Jedi Order hasn’t existed for years, this group is called the Guardians of Light,” she explained frowning. “This is my great granddaughter Kasha Sherland. You said you are with the New Jedi Order, which would be under which Grandmastet at the time?”

Curiosity had gotten the better part of Keira as she waited for his answer.

Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja, Skywalker_T-65, Mitth_Fisto, General Valerian, Sarge221, The_Zeltron

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Cambria Secura

“I am Keria Colias-Decinchi,” Keria answered with a slight smile. “The New Jedi Order hasn’t existed for years, this group is called the Guardians of Light,” she explained frowning. “This is my great granddaughter Kasha Sherland. You said you are with the New Jedi Order, which would be under which Grandmaster at the time?”

Cambria just shook her head, I must really have been out of it. When did Padawan Decinchi ever find time to have children? Or is this youngster related to him in another way?

The Master Guardian decided to pipe up before the older Jedi could respond, “Actually, young one, the New Jedi Order never stopped existing. Since it reformed under Grand Master Skywalker over a century ago, it has continued to exist and even survived the Third Jedi Purge. I believe the young man that has stayed back with Grand Master Decinchi is also a member of the NJO, or at least that is what he has told me. We are merely a splinter group from the Order, having left over a disagreement about allowing Vongforming of dead planets.

She then turned to regard the old Jedi who said his name was Hector, “Pleasure to meet you Master Jedi, I am Master Secura, but now is not the time for introductions. I am sure we will have time for that once we get back to the Temple of Light.

TAG: The_Zeltron, JediFalcon, Mitth_Fisto, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik, General Valerian

BultarSwan likes this.
  7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Keria Colias-Decinchi Kasha Sherland

“Actually, young one, the Ne w Jedi Order never stopped existing. Since it reformed under Grand Master Skywalker over a century ago, it has continued to exist and even survived the Third Jedi Purge. I believe the young man that has stayed back with Grand Master Decinchi is also a member of the NJO, or at least that is what he has told me. We are merely a splinter group from the Order, having left over a disagreement about allowing Vongforming of dead planets.”

She then turned to regard the old Jedi who said his name was Hector, “Pleasure to meet you Master Jedi, I am Master Secura, but now is not the time for introductions. I am sure we will have time for that once we get back to the Temple of Light.”

Keria gave a slight smile at the young one remark causing her to giggle then she focused again. It's been a long time since she heard the young one remark. Years. “We need to get into contact with the temple of light and get everyone out here to pick up the children and take them back to the temple. If I remember correctly, Anakin Sherland was a knight working in the creche on Ossus.”

“That’s right and I’m sure Anakin won’t mind looking after them until we find their homes again,” Kasha piped up with a smile. “I occasionally helped him out.”

“Well,” Keria glanced around the group. They needed to get word out to the temple. “Who flew the frieghter in?”

The_Zeltron, Mitth_Fisto, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik, General Valerian, CPL_Macja

BultarSwan likes this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    In the Ruines, Saridona Prime

Finally moving into battle allowed him to step into moving meditation fully, he could feel the Force within himself and nothing seemed beyond his reach. Then it was over. Just with a few strokes he and the others who had stepped forward to fight had ended it, it was rather spectacular given everything but also sort of a let down. He didn't want revenge against these beings, he couldn't even remember what they had done to him truly. Although he could figure it out he still felt, detached from them.

Walking over he heard the Grand Master's orders, bowing his head he acknolwedged the order, and quickly he turned. Still with just his one saber in hand, blaster in the other, and set off at a good klip to overtake and eventually lead this group. Hopefully by the time things would begin to become somewhat familiar. As for why he felt off he wondered if emotionally the fact that another Jedi had been ready to stun him instead of trust him was saddening. Shrugging as he clipped his elbow on the tunnels wall as he passed a child, he tried to find the humor in the situation, there had to be something. Well the tree did need a good insect infestation to prune it back, although crystaline Verpine merely brought a slight curl. It wasn't much, but it didn't seem so heavy here as it had.

TAG: Escapees.

BultarSwan likes this.
  9. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    IC: Gaan Be'orar - Ruins - Saridona Prime

One of those who had been held by the tree joined Gaan as she led the little ones, taking out the weapon arm of the one creature that Alec hadn't managed to incapacitate. Gaan's brought her blade around in a tight motion, stabbing the creature through the head, and continued on past it. The attitude of the older man beside her seemed strange, but she gave it little thought. Her blade still ignited, in case there were any more of them hiding out, she was leading the children with him when she heard the Grand Master call out, “I want everyone out of here, I think I have found a way to rid ourselves of this thing, but I am not sure how it is going to react. Follow Gaan and the old man down the corridor. Hochner, once you reach the top of the stairs you should be able to lead everyone out. The only person I want to stay behind is Alec. Go now, start loading people on the Spirit and contact the temple, we’re going to need a couple of more rides.”

Gaan glanced back, wondering why he wanted Alec with him, but shook it off. It really wasn't her concern right now. The clamoring children, though, were. Over the sound of their combined voices, the old Jedi beside her spoke. "I am Master Hector Zey, of the New Jedi Order. With whom have I had the honor of fighting this battle against the forces of darkness?"

The first to reply to his question was a woman Gaan had not seen before entering the chamber. “I am Keria Colias-Decinchi. The New Jedi Order hasn’t existed for years, this group is called the Guardians of Light. This is my great granddaughter Kasha Sherland. You said you are with the New Jedi Order, which would be under which Grandmaster at the time?”

Gaan had to hide her amusement at the way the woman found such a question important at the moment, but listened with interest as Cambria corrected the other with her point of view. “Actually, young one, the New Jedi Order never stopped existing. Since it reformed under Grand Master Skywalker over a century ago, it has continued to exist and even survived the Third Jedi Purge. I believe the young man that has stayed back with Grand Master Decinchi is also a member of the NJO, or at least that is what he has told me. We are merely a splinter group from the Order, having left over a disagreement about allowing Vongforming of dead planets.”

After she finished, Cambria turned to the new Jedi Master. “Pleasure to meet you Master Jedi, I am Master Secura, but now is not the time for introductions. I am sure we will have time for that once we get back to the Temple of Light.” Gaan couldn't help but agree with her, but she had a child clinging to each arm, so she let her actions speak for her.

The woman who had introduced herself as Keria spoke up again. "We need to get into contact with the temple of light and get everyone out here to pick up the children and take them back to the temple. If I remember correctly, Anakin Sherland was a knight working in the creche on Ossus."

Kasha added, "That's right and I'm sure Anakin won't mind looking after them until we find their homes again. I occasionally helped him out." Gaan gave a silent sigh. Couldn't they just get the rest of the way out of the Ruins first? It couldn't be good for the children to spend more time around that tree. They had made their way to a staircase, and were on their way up.

Keira asked, "Well... Who flew the freighter in?" Gaan shrugged when the woman's eyes fell on her. She had no recollection of that time. Speaking of which, her memories had not returned... Perhaps if Alec and the Grand Master managed to destroy the tree, they would return? She closed her eyes. She couldn't be distracted by that now. Pulling two of the smaller children into her arms, she made her way up the last few steps, only to be passed by Hochner at the top. She just shook her head, and followed him. Right now, with still-missing memories, every new event only served to confuse her more. She could only hope that, once back at the Temple, the Grand Master would be able to help her as he had promised. She needed them right now, and it would only get worse the longer she had to wait.

TAG: CPL_Macja, Sarge221[/USER], Mitth_Fisto, Bardan_Jusik, Skywalker_T-65, JediFalcon, General Valerian

BultarSwan likes this.
  10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider
    Ruins

After killing the Abomination, Daniel waved some of the children into the hallway. After making sure they were all out of the room, he had followed them out. Working at releasing the lingering anger, Daniel put on a smile for some of the kids who had gathered around him. Sticking one of his arms out, a couple of them latched on, while others grabbed clumps of his robe. Only barely listening to the various conversations, Daniel walked at the rear of the group, keeping an eye out for any more traps or (Force forbid) any more of the Abominations. But nothing interrupted the group, and Daniel didn't talk until he heard something related directly to him.

"Who flew the freighter in?"

Daniel couldn't move forward due to the children, but he still answered, "That would be me. When we get to the surface I'll get the Spirit ready for takeoff."

TAG: CPL_Macja , Sarge221 , Mitth_Fisto , Bardan_Jusik , JediFalcon , General Valerian

BultarSwan likes this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Keria Colias-Decinchi
    Ruins Saridona Prime

"That would be me. When we get to the surface I'll get the Spirit ready for takeoff."

Keria gave a short nod in agreement as she walked towards Danial noting some of the children clinging to his robes. She smiled gently noting how young they were. “First we need to get communications out to the temple to make sure they are aware that quite a few here need a ride back.”

Keria glanced back at the cavern entrance with a worried expression. “Be safe dad,” she glanced back at everyone and pointed towards the way out. “Let’s keep moving and get the children out of here," she moved to the front and grabbed the hands of two as a few more grabbed onto her robes leading everyone out.

Tag @CPL_Macja , @Sarge221 , @Mitth_Fisto , @Bardan_Jusik , Skywalker_T-65 , @General Valerian

BultarSwan likes this.
  12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Approved By GM

Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Ruins

“Of course he has an idea.”

Alec looked to the young woman who had covered him before but while he tried to make a response, her attention quickly moved away from him to the Grand Master.

“Pa, just don’t do anything that mom would be against you doing. I want you back in one piece.”

It seemed that Alec's guess about why she seemed familiar was proven correct when she hugged Master Decinchi. Feeling as if he was intruding on something sacred, Alec's gaze drifted off to the side while apparent father and daughter embraced. He couldn't really do anything about his hearing though as the words that passed between the two of them still reached his ears. About a grandson who had delivered other children - more of Decinchi's line if he had to guess - and needed some catching up with. Alec thought he was doing a good job of looking nonchalant, as if he was just focused clipping his lightsaber to his belt and placing his kasha crystal in the pocket of his robe, until the two of them finally parted and the young woman left, leaving only him and Decinchi to stand in front of the crystal tree that was brimming with dark side energies.

The two of them kept quiet while they waited for the last child and Guardian to leave the chamber. During that time, Alec examined the crystal, specifically where Master Decinchi had tried to stab it with his lightsaber, and found only found a smooth, intact crystal surface; apparently the thing having regenerated from any damage it had taken during the time Alec took to walk up here. Just as Alec assumed before; it was going to take more then standard weapons to destroy this abomination. That seemed to be the perfect time for him to speak with, "So about that idea."

Decinchi nodded slowly, looking thoughtful as he, too, studied the crystal. "I do. I saw you try to destroy it before and I understand how you were going to do it."

Alec said nothing in response to that though he did glance over to the Grand Master of the Guardians, one brow raised. The Shatterpoint was in fact a rare technique as, other then members of the Skywalker bloodline, the last recorded person who had possessed the ability was Mace Windu during the time of the Old Republic. And Alec hadn't been one to let that ability of his be common knowledge amongst the Jedi Order. Having remembered being able to sense a great amount of age behind the Grand Master's youthful appearance, Alec did wonder how old, exactly, he was. Something for another time.

"I assume you want me to try it again," Alec guessed. "But with a minor difference."

"Your attack failed because the crystal was able to defend itself by reverberating the strike back at you. But what I saw when Hochner cut off a piece of it and just a moment ago when I tried to damage it, it seems that the plasma blades of our lightsabers can disrupt its harmonics. My theory is that if I stab both my sabers into it, you should be able to touch and apply the Shatterpoint in the space between them."

Alec nodded, thinking it over. He hardly had any time to think of how his Shatterpoint had possibly failed but his theory had been that the crystal - due to its nature - had been able to perform a subtle manipulation to show him a shatterpoint that wasn't there. Decinchi's theory could also be plausible and, Alec had to admit, he had certainly been in no position to understand why his attack failed while he had been electrocuted. Either way, if Decinchi was right about leaving the crystal defenseless, then Alec would be able to take full advantage of any shatterpoints that would be exposed and destroy the crystal.

However, there was one minor complication to this but it seemed like Decinchi was already on the ball.

"Still, I would be careful. Don't put all your power into it. Instead of shattering it...give it a fracture; something that will cause the entire structure to break down. In time."

"As in time for us to get out of here," Alec completed. Having been focused on the main center of the tree, Alec now looked up to examine its "roots" and "branches", looking at how they twisted and curled all throughout the chamber. No matter where he looked, all he could feel was the pulsing of immense dark side energies that were being contained within its crystal body.

And they were dark side energies that would wreak such havoc once their container had been destroyed. Alec had studied and knew about certain, powerful Sith Lords and Dark Jedi who would erupt in a destructive burst of dark side energy that could result in a powerful shockwave. One of the more powerfully recorded bursts managed to blast a hole in a mountain. Alec could only wonder what kind of damage the crystal would unleash once its destroyed. Possibly a complete and utter collapse of the ruins and its caverns. For a start.

Alec took a moment to look over his shoulder, letting his senses stretch out in the direction of where the other Guardians and their civilian charges had exited and knew that Master Decinchi would be doing the same; checking to make sure everyone had left and would be far enough away from what was about to occur. Once he was satisfied, Alec looked back at the crystal and spoke, "I'm ready."

There were a pair of snap-hisses as the Grand Master activated his lightsabers. One was a standard-length, blue blade while the second was a shorter, green one. But both were produced by hilts made of wood that Alec could not recognize and both of them stabbed forward, burrowing into the surface of the crystal. Purple streaks immediately appeared beneath the surface, stretching all along the insides of the crystal. The air became charged with electricity and Alec could feel as well as hear the crackle of energy.

Supposedly the crystal was now being disrupted but Alec wasn't going to give it a chance to somehow counter attack. He stared at the point between the two lightsabers, waiting, stretching out with the Force, searching...

There.

A shatterpoint did appear within the center of that space. A weakness that, if applied with the Force, could bring the entire crystal crashing down. Alec didn't waste any time as, just like with his last attack, he summoned the Force and focused its energies to his right hand. But unlike his last attack, when he brought his hand towards the crystal, it didn't retaliate with a powerful, electric attack. Instead, Alec found his palm pressing right up against the smooth surface with no pain. With nothing stopping them, he fed the gathered energies into the shatterpoint.

Following Josch's advice though, he made sure that the crystal's destruction would be slow, not instantaneous. Beneath his hand, cracks started to appear along the crystal but, unlike Decinchi's experimental attack, they weren't healing. The dark side energies that were so tightly contained started to seep out.

And just like before, Alec felt the sinister presence of the crystal briefly link with his mind. He was unsure of Decinchi was currently feeling the same, but Alec could sense the presence as he had done when it had caused him pain. Except this time the presence was not amused with him. It was angry and even frightened, as if understanding what was going on and that its end was near. It was losing control of its own power, its energies starting to run wild. It was trying to contain them but, as the cracks beneath Alec's hand lengthened, he could feel the presence start to give in to its own fear and desperation as it found itself losing its battle.

It had only two people to blame. Alec felt the intelligence of the crystal focus on the two of them and, with all the hatred it could muster, blasted a single, venom-filled word into their minds.

JEDI!

Alec jerked back at that, removing his hand from the crystal as Decinchi drew his lightsabers back. The blades had been extinguished but, by the brief look of surprise, it wasn't of his doing; his lightsabers had shorted out. Despite their retreat, the purple streaks continue to twist and curl beneath the crystal surface. The two holes from Decinchi's lightsabers remained and where Alec's hand had been pressed, there were the cracks that continued to grow larger and longer with each second that ticked by. The crystal continued to pulse with dark side energy but it was different this time. It seemed to pulse like that of a beating heart, and it was going marginally faster and faster. Alec predicted that, soon, that beating heart would burst.

The Guardian and Jedi looked at one another and a silent message passed between them: Time to run.

Both of them turned and leaped from the dais and ran towards the corridor that Alec remembered entering with Gaan and Cambria. From what he had sensed earlier, the other Guardians seemed to have figured out a way to exit the Ruins and while he was concerned about the two of them finding their way out, it seemed that Decinchi knew the way out. Upon coming back to the room with the spiraling staircase, the Grand Master didn't even hesitate with climbing up them, convincing Alec to follow. Back where they came from, the beating heart of the dark side was getting faster and louder.

Unfortunately, at the last dozen steps, Alec felt himself trip and fall. He was quick enough to grasp the railing but he felt one shin hit a bit too hard against on of the steps, causing it to throb with pain. It wasn't like anything that matched the painful ache in his body, however, apparently making a reappearance.

Again? Alec questioned amidst the pain.

"Alec!"

Alec felt an invisible hand grasp onto him and lift him up over the last of the stairs. Briefly he managed to spot Master Decinchi, his hand extended towards him, and while he righted himself, Alec shouted, "Go, I'm fine!"

Fighting against a small limp, Alec ran down the hall behind the Grand Master. As they ran, Alec felt the air start to grow colder and hoped that they were reaching an exit.

Because that was when he felt the crystal blow.

They had reached the exit by the time the ground started shaking. When his feet touched snow, Alec felt his danger sense shout out in warning, causing him jump as far as he could go and hit the ground.

Behind him, the Ruins disappeared. Fissures broke open along the ground and blue dark side energy erupted from them, lighting up the surrounding area while what remained of the run-down buildings were destroyed and collapsed in the face of the massive shockwave. Actually, the entire ground started to collapse as the many underground caverns and chambers below were destroyed in cave-ins as the burst of dark side energy erased whatever labs and prisons and other experiments the Rakata had going on.

When Alec finally lifted his head from the snow and slowly rolled around on his back to get a look, all that remained of the ruins was one big crater. Letting out a breath that he didn't realize that he was holding, Alec let the his head drop back onto the snow.

He heard a crunch off to his right and when he looked that way, the young Jedi saw Master Decinchi. Behind him were who had to be the other Guardians and the non-combatants that they managed to get clear in time. Mission accomplished then. With that settled, Alec could focus on other things. Specifically his recovery.

Looking back at the Grand Master, Alec gave him a quick update while he still could. "I may be suffering from calcification of my skeletal system. I can't be positive but the symptoms seem to match some of the cases that have popped up in other Jedi and GA personnel when they had come in contact with the Sith and been subjected to Force lightning during the war. I may have a sprain in my left arm. The rest is just bruising."

Such as the bruising at the right side of his face. Alec turned his head enough so that he could allow the cold snow to soothe it. He continued, "I've been holding up well with the Force and whatever Gaan injected me with - a stimulant I suppose - but I'm at my limit. I apologize I couldn't make it to the ship but with the threat having been dealt with, I should really get some sleep now."

Alec tried to think of anything that he may be forgetting but nothing came to him. That was as much as he could come up with and, as he just said, he should really just think about resting now. Despite laying in the cold snow, today's events had Alec closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep in seconds.

TAG: JediFalcon, CPL_Macja, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, General Valerian, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik

BultarSwan and JediFalcon like this.
  13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Keria Colias-Decinchi, Kasha Sherland
    Outside the ruins, Saridona Prime

Keria felt the crystal explode as everyone continue to move away from the ruins and towards the freightor. The ground below their feet began to shake slightly causing her to turn towards the ruins as she spotted her dad and Alec jumping in the air and landing on the ground away from the ruins as the ground opened up swallowing the ruins down into a hole. “Shatterpoint,” she breathed lightly knowing exactly what would’ve caused the crystal to break into shards. The only master known to perform such a feat was Master Windu. When her mother was six years old, an unknown Sith Lord tried to kill Fress Colias and Master Windu arrived in time to prevent the Sith Lord from killing her mother. Keria knew her father wasn’t capable, she began to wonder if Alec was. A new threat was visible as she saw dark side energy released into the air.

“Kasha, to the back of the group, we only have seconds,” Keria yelled to her granddaughter as both used Force speed to run to the back. She came to a halt and raised her hands as she brought herself close to the dark side and disburst any dark side energy coming towards them. “Create a Force barrier. We can’t let any of that energy touch anyone.”

Right grandma,” Kasha agreed as Keria felt her granddaughter acknowledge dark side feelings.

As the last of the energy was neutralized Keria looked for her father and Alec. She spotted both near the crator. “Kasha, stay with everyone and make sure they reach the freighter. Send out a communications to the temple. I’m going to help dad.”

“You got it,” Kasha took the lead looking towards Daniel and gave a short nod. She took a hold of some of the children’s hands leading them back to the freighter.

Keria ran back to the crator where her father and Alec were. She noticed Alec passed out in the snow. Either he was hurt, or at his limit or both. She kneeled beside Alec and placed her hand onto his shoulder. She sensed he was hurting. His pulse was racing. “We should get him back to the temple for treatment. Are you all right, Dad?”

@CPL_Macja, @Mitth_Fisto, @The_Zeltron, @General Valerian, @Skywalker_T-65, @Bardan_Jusik, Sarge221

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: General hector Zey
    Ruins, Saridona Prime

Despite his mastery of the Force Zey couldn't hide his shock at hearing that the Order he had grown up with had been destroyed. He could only assume that the Galactic Alliance had perished with it. "So...we lost," he mumbled softly to himself. In that instant everything that he "knew" about the Force and his place within it came crashing down, but he didn't dwell on it. The Force had brought him here for a reason, and maybe with these Guardians of Light they could destroy the Sith and rebuild the Order.

His faith was restored a moment later as the Twi'lek jedi, Master Secura he now knew, corrected her companion. Zey stroked his beard as the group continued on through the passageway. It was starting to come back to him now, this was the group that had splintered off over the Project: Ossus issue. His former padawan, Cassandra, had agreed with their concerns, if only he had allowed her to go to the Council with them.

But that was the past, what concerned him now was the future, and with the NJO intact and surviving the Purge along with reinforcements from the Guardians he was sure they would ahve the strength to defeat the darkness once and for all. Zey also took heart in the fact that another Jedi here was also a member of his own Order. The young man hadn't looked familiar to Zey, but that shouldn't be surprising. Not all Jedi knew one another, and it had been years since the order had been able to operate in a normal fashion.

It occurred to him that he wasn't sure just what year this was, or how long he had been under that "tree's" influence. A tremor behind him told him that those too were questions better left for another time. Two of the Jedi ran back towards the rear of the group, erecting a force barrier to spare the others the brunt of the explosion and the negative enegry released by the crystal tree. Zey stayed with his own mission, getting the children aboard the freighter. Glancing back he could see a huge crater in the snow. A cold wind suddenly reminded him that when he had arrived here it had been summer. He continued to guide the children abaord the old ship, wondering how much he had missed, but knowing that he would cath up with things once they all returned to what Secura had called the Temple of Light.

TAG: CPL_Macja, Sarge221, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Skywalker_T-65, JediFalcon, General Valerian

[​IMG]

15. Prodigy_Knight

Prodigy_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2013
    OOC:

New character sign up, hello everyone new player joining in this is my chracter sheet approved by Sinrebirth, I'm looking forward to role playing with everyone.

Character Sheet

Sith Name: Darth Orochius

Name: Darien Corrino

Species: Human

Homeworld: Coruscant

Rank/Faction: Aprentice / New Ziost Sith Temple

Appearance:

Height: 1.85 meters

Weight: 70 kg

Build: average

Hair: brown, shoulder length, usually messy

Eyes: blue (natural) yellow (DS influence)

Skin: fair

Markings: arcane tatoos on his chest and back, could easily by mistaken as ordinary tatoos if the onlooker doesn't know what to look for.

Clothing: dark pants and mesh shirt with a purple sash-like thing ( [​IMG] ) over these the classical black robe with a large hood, the interior of the cloak is of a red satin like fabric.

Personality: Bypolar in his good moods he wants to help what he perceives as weeklings rise up and fight for themselves, in his bad moods he's convnced he's the only true sentient in the galaxi and all others are automatons. A common characteristic between both states is curiosity especially pertaining to the Force, metaphysics and sorcery and tendency to underestimate the difficulty of problems he faces.

Skills: The Force ( [​IMG] ) Tech Skills (Computers and Droids) Aura of Perceived Intellectual Frailty

Personal effects: Datapad with letters from a lover, Datapad with recomandations from his professors

Weapons: Lightsaber

Lightsabre Fighting Form: Form II Makashi (not very competent as he prefers using the Force)

Vessel: N/A

Bio

He was born or Coruscant in a family of mid level bureaucrats, the only son and the sole focus of attention in the household, or so he had been told by his father.

A domineering man he at the same time resented having to divert part of his credits to be a provider to the child and yet at the same time relishing that he would have someone who would have to bow his every wish due to his patriarch status (sic).

Overall as a child Darien seemed to look and act more as his mother, a kind and intelligent woman but who had too quickly agreed to a arranged marriage with Darien's father.

The marriage had been arranged by Darien's grandfathers one a successful general the other a scientist and weapons designer, both dead before Darien was born, in a period of tumult which lead to the familly's current state as the next generation didn't manage to traverse it in good shape.

Growing up with stories told by both his grandmothers, Darien always felt they were the standards he needed to at least match and not his parent's example.

It quickly came to light that he had a frail body and no talent for marksmanship or piloting thus the armed forces were not a option, after it was clear that good results at school would bring praise from all around him Darien started focusing on academia.

A fascination with the military would continue to haunt his thoughts, looking back at it it was the stereotypical Sith lust for battle,glory,chaos and conflict.

As time passed he grew until he was ready to go off to University, not of-planet but the campus was far way enough so that he had to live there, he was a bookish but ultimately not out of the ordinary intelligent student.

During his four years he got involved with certain groups interested in mysticism and the arcane, the source of the tatoos mentioned, in their meetings he became convinced that he was just bellow the level at which the Jedi took in padawans i.e he was as Force Sensitive as you could be without being a padawan.

At the intersection between academia and Jedi/Sith affairs a great deal of interest was heaped on count Dooku for he was a powerful Jedi but also a graduate of a secular University and a political leader, Darien modeled himself for a period on Dooku's mannerisms, thus the lightsaber style, and studied greatly the relationship between Dooku and Palpatine.

Darien sailed through life without having extraordinary intense romantic relationships, a crush here and there, that changed throughout college as he met a student equally interested in the military as himself, Asteria although the campus was large it seemed as dictated by the Force that they would interact frequently and a rapport develop between the two.

If the circumstances between one Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala had been noted down maybe those around them could have guessed at the bond within the Force which was building between them.

A rival for Asteria's heart and hand, although he didn't know it, was a dashing young fighter pilot from the same home-world as Asteria, more troubling was that whenever Darien and Asteria would have a fight usually caused by Darien's comparing himself with the pilot Asteria would have fits of "bad luck" and weak health Darien's force powers working through the bond subconsciously.

After graduating, love life aside, Darien's life was pretty good as he got a job as a data scientist at a bio center, unable to contain his curiosity Darien convinced his colleagues to do a midi chlorian count test for him, which showed levels which while not high would have gain him admittance in the Jedi Order.

At family dinner after informing his parents of this fact, a huge argument broke out between Darien and his father and it came to light that Darien's father had bribed the bureaucrats doing the blood tests as he did not want the Order to take his son.

Hearing that his father had robbed him of the life he secretly always wished for of a Jedi General or Jedi Master, Darien understood only anger his Force telekinesis manifested throwing his father aside leaving him bloody and passed out.

After he stormed out he immediately tried to join up with the Jedi, after making his argument from his heart and soul to every Jedi who would listen but being rebuffed Darien went into a period of brooding err... meditation after which he took what little cash and effects he had and went to the Sith Temple on New Ziost to begin his Sith apprenticeship.

BlueHeron likes this.
  16. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC: Ian Thrace
    Corridors/Cafeteria, Temple of Light

Ian ran through the hallways of the Temple of Light, not worried that Khalifa didn't seem to be following him. Ever since she had received whatever message it was via Holo she had seemed distant. Ian silently rebuked himself, as if any woman would ever be interested in him like that! He should have known better. At least she was showing her true feelings (or lack thereof) before he got too invested in his feelings for her. He still knew that putting a stop to his own feelings would be difficult.

He followed after Ms. Sandstrider, but he was confused. She seemed to be making her way towards the cafeteria. Why would she be headed there? After such a profound tremor in the force did she have a sudden yearning for a nerf steak? It made no sense to him, but he tried to catch up to her anyway. He slowed down a bit as he realized through the Force that many others had already congregated there. He could also feel that Ms. Sandstrider was more in control of herself now. That was good news, it made Ian feel alot better about things as well.

He smoothed out his Jedi robes and took a deep breath before entering the cafeteria. He saw that Master Lahana was here along with several others. Glancing from face to face he saw that Padawan Tano was not among them, she must still have been in the sickbay. He felt bad for what he had done to her and hoped she would be well soon.

Most of the others here were new. There was the father with his two children along with Ms. Sandstrider of course. Mr. Sitan was also here as were a few newcomers. Ian wasn't so sure about them. The Temple seemed to be gaining new members every time he turned around. Most seemed friendly so far, but he feared that would eventually change. At least the sadistic Mandalorians, Taab and his new buddy Major Pythos, weren't here. It was bad enough that their stooge, Vel was in the room. He still remembered the way she had treated him earlier in the Command Center.

He did his best to ignore her, though he was sure she had seen his furtive glance in her direction. Instead he walked to Grandmaster Lahana and bowed deeply before her, trying to keep the fear out of his voice. "Greetings Master, is there something wrong?"

TAG: BultarSwan, JediFalcon, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, Chewbacca89, Tim Battershell, Lenea_Sandstrider, Whitelight, anyone else in the cafeteria.

17. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Josch Decinchi, Keira Colias-Decinchi, Adalia Amber Tehanis

They had done it, Alec and Josch had been successful in taking out the dark force that had taken up residence inside the Ruins. The evidence to that fact was the huge crater that now dominated the area on which the Ruins had once stood. But the victory did not come without a price, and the fatigue that Josch was now pushing away was starting to take its toll on him. He needed to stay strong, not just for himself, but for the now revitalized Guardians of Light. As Josch looked out at the sum total of the missing Order, huddled into small groups keeping each other warm in the thawing snow, he realized that those groups were not random clusters.

Josch estimated that there were approximately one youth for every three adults, and every child was clutching to at least one adult. These were the former younglings and padawans of the Order, and the adults they clutched to were their parents. Yes, like the New Jedi Order, the Guardians were made up of a mixture of families and individuals. When he had just joined the Order, Josch did a study of the history. One of the things he had discovered was that one of the Grand Masters had stepped down for his family, who were all part of the GoL.

These families were the reason he was pulling so much from the Force, he needed to be strong for them, all of them. But the sum total of the recent events had Josch feeling his real age. He looked down at Alec as he was being tended to by Keira, his daughter, “We should get him back to the Temple for treatment. Are you all right, Dad?” As he was about to respond to her, Josch’s data pad chirped indicating that he had an incoming message.

Ori’jo,

We have received your call for pick up and are sending the transports to aid you. I have ordered the crews and those of us here at the Temple, to dress in plain duty uniforms. I don’t think a bunch of rattled Jedi would take well to being picked up by a bunch of soldiers in beskar'gam. We will work out the rest when you get back.

Voj’ika

Looks like our rides should be here soon.” He looked back up at Keira and met her eyes, “I’m fine, just stay with him and make sure he gets on transport with a medic.” He walked away from the two of them and over to the one cluster that did not contain any Guardians at all. He noticed the older Jedi in the armored vest and the young Jedi that had helped them out in the chamber. He placed his hands on their shoulders and leaned into the group, “Thank you my friends for your help. Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Josch Decinchi, Grand Master and Co-Leader of the Jedi sect of the Guardians of Light. It seems that you have all been summoned to our remote sanctuary by the mystery that we have just dispatched. We have a group of transports that are coming to carry us back to the Temple of Light. Please allow us to tend to your wounds, provide you with food and a place to rest.

From the access ramp of the Spirit Adalia called out to crowd. “Everyone listen up! We have a group of transports that will be here any moment! They are friendlies and will be taking us back to the Temple! I want all of the critically wounded to rally to my right!” She pointed with her hands to reinforce the direction the wounded should go, “You will be loaded on the first transport and it will take off as soon as the last of the wounded is loaded! The rest of us will load up on the remaining transports, which won’t take off until we are all loaded up! So the faster you all move the faster we can get in from the cold!

The process did not take long at all as the last of the transports closed up their loading ramps, Josch and Keira walked up the ramp into the Spirit and settled down in the living suite. The young woman looked over at her father and could feel the fatigue he was trying to hold off with the Force. “Alright Pa, it’s just family now, what is going on with you? And don’t try to lie to me, because I can feel when you are lying to me.

Josch took a deep breath and let it out slowly, “I’m exhausted. The attack on the crystal tree exposed me to a lot of dark side energy, but I had to endure it to allow Alec to do his thing. I need to spend some time in healing meditation, but I need to talk to you and Miria in private when we get back to the Temple. Before that I need to talk to Voj. Oh, and I have a gift for Mekaila and Brice that I want to give them. But for now I am just going to close my eyes and take a little nap.

And before his daughter could protest that is exactly what he did.

TAG: The_Zeltron, Sarge221, JediFalcon, Mitth_Fisto, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik, General Valerian
    ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
    IC: Col. Voj Velkin
    Library, Temple of Light

Why are you telling me this?

That is an excellent question. To be perfectly honest with you I have no clue.” It was simple, but it was the truth, Voj had no logical explanation what compelled him to reveal the biggest secret in his life, to a woman that was, for all tense and purposes, a complete stranger. But something told him that he needed to let her in. “I guess it’s because I’m tired. Tired of running, tired of being alone in a crowd, tired of hiding from everyone, I’m ready to let someone in, to let someone know who I really am. I want to be perfectly honest with one person right from the start and you’re that one person. Something tells me that you and I are cut from the same fabric and that everything that has happened in our lives has all happened to lead us to this point in time. Dovey I…

Colonel Velkin, I have an urgent message from the Spirit!” Seneca Pythos’s voice rang out of Voj’s comlink. The Major had utilized the emergency frequency that Voj had set to auto-acknowledge. Voj held up his index-figure to signal to Dovey to wait one moment while he dealt with the interruption.

Understood Major, send the message through to my datapad.” Voj read the message as it came across. “Major, contact the pilots of all the transports and have them rendezvous at the coordinates from this message. Issue an order to them and all Journeymen to change into their plain duty uniforms, I don’t want to see a stitch of armor on any of them. Do I make myself clear?

Crystal sir. I will see to it personally, Pythos out.

Voj punched a few buttons on his datapad and started writing a brief message to Josch, “Sorry about that, let me finish this message and then we should head to the cafeteria.” He sent the completed message and looked up at the young woman. “We get to be the ones to tell everyone that the missing Guardians have been found.” He gave her a wink and started off share the news.

TAG: BultarSwan, Runjedirun, Tim Battershell, Rebecca_Daniels, Padawan4687 [/b]

BultarSwan likes this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland, Keria Colias-Decinchi
    Spirit, Saridona Prime

“I’m exhausted. The attack on the crystal tree exposed me to a lot of dark side energy, but I had to endure it to allow Alec to do his thing. I need to spend some time in healing meditation, but I need to talk to you and Miria in private when we get back to the Temple. Before that I need to talk to Voj. Oh, and I have a gift for Mekaila and Brice that I want to give them. But for now I am just going to close my eyes and take a little nap.”

Before Keria had a chance to say anything, she noted her dad passing out as he spoke his last sentence about needing a nap. She stood up and took off her jacket and rolled it up. She lifted her dads head and placed the jacket underneath his head careful not to wake him. She gently kissed his forehead. “Rest easy, pa.” She had an extra layer underneath and the cold didn’t bother her too much. She walked out of the room and shut the door behind her as Kasha looked in her direction with a frown. “He’s resting. He overexerted himself back there.”

“I’m curious, how old is he really?” Kasha asked with a frown. “What is my family to expect from this?”

Keria smiled at the questions her great granddaughter asked. The longitivity gene wasn’t discussed often but Kasha had a right to know more about her heritage. “He’s over two hundred and fifty and most likely feeling his age at the moment. There is a chance that one of your children will inherit the gene. Not everyone does. You will know once you hit past age eighteen, you either continue to age normally or your aging slows down to a crawl. You’ll look like a twenty-year-old when you’re only fifty. You won’t know if your children have inherited it or not right away, it’ll become obvious when they get older. We’ll discuss this more when we’re more in private. How are Mekaila, Anakin, and Brice?”

“Fine,” Kasha answered with a smile. “The headaches for Mekaila have been easying off. They’re not as often anymore and she’s made improvements in leaps and bounds.”

“I’m relieved to hear that,” Keria said with a genuine smile. “When I look at her, I see so much of my mother in her. She even looks like the spitting image of Fress Colias at that age. Mom told me she loved to hang around the flight sims which made her a formidable foe behind the stick of a fighter.”

“Fress was from Alderaan right?” Kasha questioned with a frown.

“Yes she was Alderaanian, she told me what she could remember about the planet. I could tell she was still haunted from the day the Empire destroyed the planet, she felt the destruction through the Force and she said she never felt so much pain at once before,” Keria answered with a frown. “Which makes me half Alderaanian and half Erphaeian. You have a heritage to be proud of.”

“I know,” Kasha said with a smile as both embraced. “It’s good to know I still have family out there. Even if that means we look similar in age.”

Keria held onto her great granddaughter for a few seconds longer before taking a step back. “We’ll all have to sit down soon and talk more now that everything is out in the open.”

“I would like that.”

@The_Zeltron, @Sarge221, CPL_Macja, @Mitth_Fisto, @Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik, @General Valerian, or anyone on the spirit

19. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    GM Approved, thanks again Sin.

Name: Darth Tempest (Formerly Cal'desim Valgariat)​
    Species: Avlynian​
    Homeworld: Avlyn (Unknown Regions)​

Physical Description: 5'8" 170 lbs, fit and toned muscular build, skin that changes color based on environment, same with hair and eyes, otherwise humanoid in appearance. Details on environmental changes will be stated below.​
    Tropical: Vivid colors such as green and pink stripes, tiger patterns over skin, gold stripes in otherwise layered teal colored hair, turquoise colored eyes.​
    Volcanic: Red and yellow skin with black streaks, red eyes with yellow streaks, red and black wavy hair.​
    Desert: Golden yellow and white skin, marbled appearance, Sandstone red colored hair with gold streaks in a buzz-cut fashion and sky blue eyes with white streaks.​
    Tundra: White skin with frosty silver and blue swirl patterns, Ice blue eyes, pitch black hair with silver strips in a bowl cut design.​
    Forest: Dark brown and tanned skin, golden yellow eye color, deep green bushy hair.​
    Mountainous: Grey and white marbled skin, deep lake blue eyes, white faux-hawk with mossy green stripes.​
    Beech/Aquatic: Aqua and light green mottled skin, opalescent irises and sandy blond hair in a dreadlocks style.​
    Grassland: Mix of golds and greens in the skin, crisscrossing in places, amber colored eyes with long golden hair.​
    Urban: Gold skin with silver geometric markings, bright blue eyes, light bronze-brown hair that's spiked.​
    Space: Black skin with multi-colored swirls and silver flecks, whites of the eyes are black, irises white, hair is long and straight with black, green, red and blue stripes.​
    Outfit consists of a sleeveless Sith style robe, loose fitting slacks and boots.​
    Personality: Sarcastic, merciless. proud, honor bound, dutiful. Has a​
    Faction: Ancient Sith​

Lightsaber: Custom crafted lightsaber hilts, basket guards which cover his hands and wrists, effectively canceling out the main target of Form II users (the wrist). Cortosis weave maintains the strength of the guards, synthetic crystals attuned to him and him alone, blood infusion into the matrix makes it so they only react to him.​
    Additional weapons: In the event that his lightsabers are taken out he has crafted a dagger with Sith Alchemy, having once again infused his blood into the metal adding a toxicity to the blade that will cause an injury made by it to kill the target in a very slow and painful manner.​
    Personal starfighter: Stolen and modified Galactic Empire era TIE Interceptor. Modifications include improved shields and enhanced weapons.​

Planet Specifics: Avlyn is a planet in the Unknown Regions along the Galactic Rim, it is in an area that was home to a super-massive black hole which has since become dormant, the remains of stars and nebulae has resulted in a highly ionized region of hot gases which are the source of light and warmth to the planet, a very vivid cloud of bright, glowing expanse of nebulous gas and dust. This has as a result made a varied environment on the planet, weather patterns and climate zones being fairly chaotic and the people who call this world home have evolved in turn. The Avlynians have adapted to match their surroundings, and as such the pigments of their bodies will shift to compliment their surroundings more effectively.​

Bio: When the remnants of the Ancient Sith scattered into the dark recesses of the galaxy a small knot of them landed on a planet in the Unknown Regions. In the midst of a chaotic storm in the atmosphere the ancient craft that bore the Sith to the remote world of Avlyn crashed down and was soon discovered by a group of primitive humanoids who had developed a natural camouflage technique. The Sith knowing that they were both outnumbered and outmaneuvered surrendered to the will of their more primitive caretakers. Over the centuries the culture of the southern-most continent of the world was influenced by this group, slowly nurturing a proud warrior culture that prided itself on it's strength, it's power, but promoting an extreme sense of honor, one that if a warrior failed to maintain it, their life would be forfeit. This is the culture that Darth Tempest was born into.​

Born into one of the working class families of this new culture, he was discovered one day by one of the Sith Lords that was part of a joint Avlynian/Sith Council as he passed by one day. At the time called Cal'desim he had found himself surrounded by several other of his peers, having been the smaller and thus assumed weaker of the group they had sought him out to remove this "weak link". As he found himself the target of an impending assault the young Avlynian closed his eyes, and as they opened they had gone a near pure black with the only thing to break the darkness being what would appear to be shocking blue flashes of electricity. As the first of the larger children moved to strike Cal'desim extended his hand and a potent burst of electrical energy sent the attacker back with a painful howl. Seeing that this small child held far more power than he revealed the other children backed away and the Sith Lord stepped forward and took a knee to look the child in the eyes. The darkness faded but the fury did not, and the power that was in him crackled around him, he was prepared to defend himself even from this Sith Lord. This caused the older man to smirk and he ruffled the boy's bronze and smokey grey colored hair, taking him by the shoulder to his family's home only to take him away once he told his parents he was to be trained as a Sith.​

He was trained for several years in the ways traditional to the Ancient Sith and the training was grueling, were it not for his race's ability to conceal themselves the number of his scars would be very easy to note. His race gifted him with the ability to grow with power, strength and honor without showing the pain he had endured through his training. He was blessed with the knowledge, but not burdened by the markings. This gave him a very well developed view of himself, he wasn't haunted by the times he had failed, only pushed by his success. The things that his enemies would seek to use against him were useless, the physical scars were unseen, and the mental were cast aside. Insults though abundant held no weight, and his honor kept him level. Only when challenged would he step up, and frequently if the challenger didn't leave wounded, they didn't leave at all, instead they would be cut down in his rage.​

He was dubbed Darth Tempest in reference to the whirlwind rage he exhibited in his combat training, his fury that of a storm. Ironically when he was not in combat he was passive and focused, and it was in the times of focus that he was able to avoid being taken out by those envious or pompous enough to think him their lesser. He rose through the ranks steadily, being the cause of many other's dishonor when he showed them to be far less powerful than they boasted, and inevitably they were killed for this false pride. He has gained honor, but never has he grasped for it, all he has achieved he has earned, and he never claims more than he possesses. Whenever he is questioned or challenged though, he never backs down, he is never afraid to prove that he has deserved that which he has earned.​

20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Temple of Light Cafeteria

Tim had only just seated himself when the door opened again to admit a young, fairish haired, human male; clad in what looked (to Tim's inexperienced eye, and provided the Guardians' practices followed those illustrated in the 'Jedi Path' - Luke had included a digitised scan of his own copy; complete with marginal annotations; in the materials sent to Nana Evlyn) to be Jedi robes of the style and cut appropriate to Padawan rank.

This newcomer approached Grand Master Lahana, bowed deeply and said; "Greetings Master, is there something wrong?".

While waiting to hear the Grand Master's response, Tim; as he normally did when he had some downtime, started making Cred-coins and Cred-cards (the only things he had in the pockets of his flight-suit) appear between his fingers and disappear again. The skill had to be regularly practised to keep his fingers flexible; and besides, it would almost certainly encourage conversation among the group - might even encourage the young Arkanian to open up a little more! It was tempting to practice his ventriloquial skills too, but if the tables, chairs and other items unexpectedly started talking (and talking-back) to them, the group might be so startled as to jump out of their seats! Probably not too good an idea on such a short acquaintance! Idly, he wondered if any of the group had ever seen 'Magic' performed before or if they thought what he was doing was just an unusual and frivolous application of the Force.

It might be, he pondered, a good idea to brief the Grand Master(s) on the fact that he could do this sort of thing (along with its associated skill of undetectably 'palming' small objects) as easily in the centre of an Ysalamiri-generated Force-void as he could elsewhere. Ever since learning the 'palming' skill, he had considered it a handy ability to have in case he ever got locked up anywhere - being able to 'procure' a physical cell door key, a key-card or a rank cylinder from his putative captors would, he had always thought, make an escape attempt so much easier! That reminded him that the Grand Master(s) also needed to be briefed on the fact that "Life's Illusion" (alone, or virtually so, according to the records that Tim had been able to check, of her surviving sisters and MC-18 cousins) retained her underwater capabilities - a handy little factoid for the Guardians to consider, if they ever needed a strike-team covertly inserted and/or supported.

As usual, going through the exercises Prestorious had taught him led to thoughts of that kindly, generous, old man and the familiar dilemma. Should he probe Prestorious' past or not? On the one hand, Prestorious had left him ship, Stage Equipment (including that set of very securely shrouded 'vanishing' cabinets that had, to Tim's certain knowledge, never been included in the Master Illusionist's recent routines, and which could contain anything; he'd never even touched them, so had no idea how they actually operated either, other than they would likely use the same principles as the ones from the act), the contents of his bank accounts - three quarters of a billion Credits, no less - and all his private papers and memorabilia (still untouched in his former cabin) without any restrictions as to access or use.

On the other hand, there was Tim's deep respect for his friend and benefactor to take into account, but on the 'Gripping Hand' (Tim had read and re-read that old tale and its sequel until the Datacards wore out) his dislike of unanswered puzzles, and this was a fairly big one, had to be factored in! Also as usual, he couldn't come to a conclusion - but did decide to talk to Allynic about it when opportunity offered. Caamasi were, after all, reputed to be the Galaxy's most morally and ethically aware people - an attribute which hadn't endeared them to Palpatine, the Yuuzhan Vong or (probably) Krayt!

A wry grin quirked Tim's lips at the thought of the interest from all those Credits and his other sources of income accumulating in the bank back on Agamar. The family farm, under an honest Manager - who nevertheless probably lived in dread of having an unprofitable year, certainly with the Sturms so close and detirmined to keep a watchful eye on Tim's family's interests. The ongoing royalties from 'Thrust Sailer' sales (he was always very careful to avoid the terrible pun of saying that 'the sport, and/or his invention, had taken-off in a big way', despite the phrase being both factual and colloquial!). Also the rent from Nana Evlyn's former house (really just a peppercorn, the main reason for renting it out having been to keep the property in order and repair) which was overseen by the Family Attorney. And here was he, out in the back of beyond, attempting to join an organisation (and follow a lifestyle) where Credits meant little or nothing - unless he ever wanted/needed to purchase a squadron or two of warships!

A change in the atmosphere brought him out of his musings. What was different? Well that annoying, edge of awareness, music had (thankfully) ceased - and the feeling of tension in the air had faded almost entirely away!

TAG: Chewbacca89, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, JediFalcon, BultarSwan, Whitelight, Skywalker_T-65, Gotab.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Transport, enroute to Temple

The rest that Alec had been hoping for had been all too brief and troubled. When the young Jedi opened his eyes, he was met with blurry vision and a dizziness that blurred his surroundings and made it difficult for him to realize where he was. There was beads of sweat upon his brow and when he tilted his head, he immediately regretted it when his already-blurred surroundings spun and created a nauseous sensation that could lead to him vomiting if he didn't bring it under control.

And then there was the pain that had been far from settled: the deep throbbing of pain emitting from his very bones. Alec's breath became labored, his face heated and flushed with sickness, and his gold bangs stuck to his increasingly wet forehead.

He immediately closed his eyes and sought to combat this weakness. He tried to bring his breathing under control and, slowly, focused on centering himself with a brief meditation in order to halt the dizziness that continued to send his mental and visual perceptions spinning. Alec focused on remembering what had happened before to serve as a stable platform for his mental processes before he would worry about figuring out where he was now.

There was a moment of difficulty but, slowly, he remembered. The crystal, the Rakata, his own injuries and later success that saw the crystal destroyed. That came back to him and, confident, he focused his attention to the here and now once he thought he was ready.

He was lying down but not in the snow that he remembered collapsing in as his strength gave out. He was not laying within the cold, wet snow but, rather, the soft padding of a stretcher that was currently raised within...what? Feeling better, Alec tilted his head around to get another look at his surroundings and while he felt a bit of nausea at the movement it was far from what it had been when he had awoken.

He concluded quite quickly that it was a ship with the viewports, the metal construction, and the number of other individuals that he could see packed in. Most of them he didn't recognize and he reasoned that they must've been the people that he and the Guardians had freed from the control of the crystal. There were also uniformed personnel around and Alec figured that they were security personnel that had been sent from the Temple to assist.

He of course remembered that the Guardian security personnel tended to be Mandalorians.

So we're not at the Temple, he thought. But I assume on a transport heading to it. I wasn't out for that long then.

Unfortunate for him considering his condition. Still, as he soon noted, it wasn't like nothing had been done for him. When he tilted his head, he had felt a tugging sensation at the side of his face which had to be the adhesive that held a large patch to the significant bruising there. The patch was wet and he concluded that it was soaked in bacta.

His cloak had been stripped from him at some point and the left sleeve of his tunic had been rolled up so that a brace could be placed around his left arm to treat the sprain that he assumed he had and seemed to be correct. That was all that could be done for him though. If his theory that he had suffered from calcification, there was nothing that could be done for him until he got back to the Temple where, hopefully, treatment could be given to him.

Bacta tank would be nice, Alec thought, bringing up the usual methods of treatment. But a lot of bed rest could do the same if the healers are correct. I've been exposed to Force Lightning before during the war but...nothing as powerful as what the crystal unleashed.

There was nothing he could really do about it other then keep himself from doing anything strenuous. Which pretty much meant continuing to lay here and not do anything else. Resting his head against the pillow that had been placed beneath him, Alec just stared up at the ceiling of the transport for the time being though, in a bit of restlessness, he would constantly find his eyes swapping to the left or the right side as he made curious sweeps of the inside of the transport to look over who was here with him and who wasn't.

TAG: Anyone Wanting To Post :p

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Anakin Sherland
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Anakin watched as one of the new comers flicked a credit between his fingers then made it disappear. He smiled as he noticed Brice watching with fasination at the trick. Brice stood up and walked over to the man and tugged on the man’s robe.

“How do that?” Brice questioned with a shy smile.

Anakin smiled noting this was the first time Brice had spoken since they arrived at the temple. He sensed this man didn’t seem to mind children at all. He closed his eyes and sensed Kasha making brief contact with him through the Force and whatever threat there was, it was gone. He was relieved to sense her through the Force knowing she was going to be all right. He always worried every time she was sent out on a mission on whether or not she would return.

Anakin stood up and took a hold of Brice’s hand. “I’m apologizing if my son is bothering you….”

@Chewbacca89, @Rebecca_Daniels, @Runjedirun, Tim Battershell, @BultarSwan, @Whitelight, @Skywalker_T-65, @Gotab.

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider

Spirit

Daniel boarded his old freighter after making sure that everyone was situated. While there were other transports (likely from that other Destroyer), the old YT-2400 was still stuffed to the gills. Walking past children and Guardians, Daniel moved to the cockpit. Once he was there, he set about powering up the ship. The old engines gave a slight whine of protest before activating and powering the old freighter into the air.

"Spirit is heading back to the temple," Daniel said into the comm systems as he moved towards the distant temple.

TAG: Anyone who happens to need to talk to Danny :p

24. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Temple of Light Cafeteria

Tim felt a gentle tug on his sleeve. Looking down he saw it was the dark-haired little boy, smiling shyly; "How do that?" he asked. Tim was about to reply when the lad's father came over, took his son's hand and spoke himself; "I’m apologizing if my son is bothering you...."

"No need, Sir!"; Tim quickly replied, smiling in return (not a performer's Professional Smile, but a genuine one, one that reached his eyes); "He's not bothering me at all.... in fact, his interest brings back very pleasant memories of when I used to earn my keep entertaining youngsters with my 'Magic' tricks! I'm Tim, Tim Battershell, by the way; but when I was performing, I was known as the Majyk-One!"; for variety, and hoping he still had the muscle control necessary, he stood the Cred-coin between his knuckles and made it walk across his hand and back again, before seemingly returning it to a pocket.

"Now, young man, watch closely.... you too, Sir, if you please; I've been told that this is a cam-proof trick, but I wonder if it's Force-proof, so let's see if either of you can say how it's done! I'll give you a hint, the Force isn't involved in any way!"

Once again the Cred-coin appeared between the tips of his fingers with a gesture, another gesture and it was gone again....

TAG: JediFalcon, (indirectly the rest of the Cafeteria group).

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Anakin Sherland
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Once again the Cred-coin appeared between the tips of his fingers with a gesture, another gesture and it was gone again....

Anakin watched as the coin disappeared into his sleeve. Maybe that worked with anyone who wasn’t Force sensitive but he was trained not to allow himself to be deceived so easily. He waited to see if his son would notice. Brice reached up and pulled the coin out of the sleeve and grinned. “Guess he wasn’t fooled too much.”

Tim Battershell anyone in the cafe

Runjedirun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.