1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth, May 13, 2011.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Temple of Light Cafeteria

The young boy reached up and pulled a Cred-coin out of Tim's sleeve. "Guess he wasn’t fooled too much."; the father said, obviously not having noticed that his son had removed a Ten-Credit piece rather than the Twenty-Credit piece that Tim had been exercising with, and which was still safely palmed! This close to the lad, Tim could see that that tip of his visible ear had a hint of a point about it.

Tim stretched his arms forward, forcing the sleeves of his flight-suit to ride up well clear of his wrists, before resuming his original posture and covering the back of his left hand briefly with the palm of his right; "Then where did this one come from, do you think?"; he said with a beaming smile, revealing the original coin now sitting on the back of his left hand!

TAG: @JediFalcon, (indirectly the rest of the Cafeteria group).
  2. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Anakin Sherland
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"Then where did this one come from, do you think?"

Anakin frowned knowing the man had two credits and Brice had picked up one but not the original one he was flicking around his fingers. He could see that the size of the credits were different sizes.

Brice looked momentarily confused as he handed the credit back to Tim. “Again?” He asked with small smile.

Anakin smiled and nodded in agreement. “Would you mind showing me that again? And thank you. Brice hasn’t said a word since we arrived here.”

@Tim Battershell

IC: Keria Colias-Decinchi
    Spirit heading back to the Temple of Light

Keria listened as the captain of the vessle announced their departure and they were heading back to the Temple of Light. She smiled as Kasha began to attend to the children aboard the Spirit.

Keria slowly made her way to the cock pit where the young man was sitting in the pilot’s chair. She gently tapped him on the shoulder. “I’m sorry to bother you. I’m wondering if you have a spare blanket on hand? My dad fell asleep in the back cabin. He overexerted himself back at the ruins.”

@Skywalker_T-65, anyone within listening distance on the Spirit
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Jun 4, 2013
  3. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    IC: Kambie Loother

Kambie had wanted to be alone. When the others approached her table she hid her feelings of discomfort. The only one of them that she didn’t mind sharing a table with was the other female newcomer. The young woman had not stated her name and Kambie could tell she wasn’t of all human descent. What Kambie could pick up from her body language and demeanor is that she was also taking in her surroundings and that she was uncomfortable to be stuck in a large group of unknown beings without a good reason to excuse herself. It was nice to know she wasn’t the only observant and weary arrival.

When Tim began showing off by making credit coins disappear and dance Kambie grew thoroughly annoyed. Wasn’t this man a Jedi? Didn’t he know to show patience and respect? They had been brought to the cafeteria for a briefing that seemed rather important. This was not the time for games. To fidget would have been disrespectful, but this seemed downright rude. When Tim began to attract the attention of the young boy Kambie’s interest piqued for a moment. She loved children, but she did not like when adults tried to trick or take advantage of them. Which is what it seemed to her Tim was doing.

Since the Grandmaster did not seem to be starting this briefing anytime soon Kambie got up and made her way back to the kitchen. Hoping the others would think she was simply getting up to get something to eat. In reality she had two reasons for getting up. One to get away from the scene unfolding next to her and the other was to check out the kitchen. Was the food here home grown she wondered? Hopefully there was a garden on planet that she could help tend. That would calm her nerves and help her focus on important things. Like what was really going on at this temple.

@Tim Battershell @JediFalcon @Chewbacca89 @BultarSwan @Rebecca_Daniels
    Last edited by Runjedirun, Jun 4, 2013
  4. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4

"Glad if it's helped, Sir! There's nothing too secret about how it's actually done; not since that 'Incognito Illusionist' started revealing techniques the 'Magic Orbit' really did want to stay hidden; and I doubt that a Knight Consular or his son would ever misuse the skill"; he began as he laid the Ten-Cred on the table - the 'Knight' part of the guess being inferred from the style and cut of the father's robes and the 'Consular' part from the diplomatic way he had spoken to that obnoxious Mando in the Hangar - although Tim didn't mistake that for weakness or meekness, he'd known several softly-spoken and mild-mannered ASF Officers who'd put known hard-man thugs in the Intensive Bacta-therapy Ward when the situation called for it, and suspected young Brice's father was equally capable of effective 'attitude adjustment' when pushed to his limit or beyond; "it starts with the 'Palm'; passing his right hand over the coin on the back of his left, then turning it palm up to show the coin nipped in between his actual palm and the bulge of flesh nearest his thumb.

"Pweease hurry up, Majyk-One, this table's weeally cold"; came a faint little-girlish voice, with just a hint of a whine, (apparently) from the Ten-Credit coin!

"As soon as I can, Tennie, you don't want me to fumble and have your big brother slip out of my fingers, do you - we'd never hear the end of it! Better not happen!; the coin in Tim's right hand (apparently) said, in a 'else you'll be sorry' young boy's, equally faint, voice!

"Quiet down now, both of you! The next stage, Sir and Brice, uses the the 'magical' gesture to cover and distract attention from the coin's drop onto and between the tips of the fingers; re-palming it afterwards is slightly more tricky but essentially reverses those steps!"

5. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    OOC: OOG: A mistake was made on Brice and Mekaila’s age. Brice is five and Mekaila is eight not 3 and 5 is what we originally worked it out too. Opps

Temple of Light Saridona Prime

"Quiet down now, both of you! The next stage, Sir and Brice, uses the the 'magical' gesture to cover and distract attention from the coin's drop onto and between the tips of the fingers; re-palming it afterwards is slightly more tricky but essentially reverses those steps!"

Brice giggled as Anakin took a credit worth three credits out of his pocket and handed it to Brice. “Did you want to give it a try?” He questioned as Brice took the credit and tried to mimik Tim’s moves.

Anakin gently held Brice’s hand as he showed him how to hold the credit in his hand and slowly passed both of Brice’s hands from right to left slipping the credit to the palm and thumb. He helped Brice apply enough pressure to the coin so he could slip it between his fingers turning the hand in a way that the credit couldn’t be seen.

Brice giggled and he dropped the credit back into his palm switching it back to his other hand. He tried it again without Anakin’s help and almost had it when he accidentally dropped the credit.

“It’s okay, try it again, Brice,” Anakin encouraged with a smile as Brice started practicing the steps. If nothing else, it was keeping Brice preoccupied. “I’m Anakin Sherland. My wife Kasha is helping Master Decinchi and the others exploring the ruins. My older daughter is sleeping with a strill. That animal reeks but Mekaila doesn’t seem bothered by the smell.”

@Tim Battershell
  6. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor / Moderator of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 9
    IC: Hector Zey
    Saridona Prime, Transport, enroute to Temple

Zey steadied himself as the transport he was riding in hit a small patch of turbulence. Managing to keep his balance he leaned his head against the bulkhead and closed his eyes for a moment going over what had just happened. He had been quite pleased to hear that the man he had assumed to be the leader of the Guardian's contingent in those old ruins was in fact their Grandmaster, and a co-leader of the entire order. After they all got back to the Temple Zey would attempt to speak with him regarding the use of the Guardians in the war against the darksiders.

Now of course wasn't the time for that. They had to get back to the Temple and lick their wounds. When the group was divided Zey made sure to be in the same sub-group as the young Jedi, Alec, who had sacrificed much in order to free them all. From what he had been told Alec was a fellow member of the New Jedi Order. Zey didn't know why he was here, the Force would provide that answer in due time of course. But he was here, and as members of the same order they were bound together. Perhaps he could even help him to persuade the Grandmaster should he not share an enthusiasm for Zey's cause.

When the transports had finally set down, Zey was taken aback for a moment. He got the sense that many of the crew members were also force users as well. Some were not very strong, but the ability was there. Zey also got the sense that they were not Jedi either, at least not as he knew them. A Jedi had an inner serenity, a calmness to their thoughts that was readily sensed, for the most part anyway. But not these force-users. Zey didn't try to read any of their thoughts, but their surface emotions were "hotter", more combative, than what he was used to. They were all wearing uniforms of some sort, though ones the General didn't recognize. Were these perhaps the Guardians foot soldiers? Cannon fodder in the ever present war against the darkside? It pained him to think of them in those terms, but Zey knew that in war soldiers died. It was inevitable. It was their destiny.

That brought him to this moment, bracing himself against the bulkhead of a lurching transport heading to a Temple that he had never seen before. He opened his own eyes as he sensed that Alec was conscious. Slowly moving over to where the young Jedi lay, the General stopped near where his stretcher was suspended in the small confines of the transport. Zey could sense the boy's discomfort, and confusion. But the healing arts were never one of Zey's own specialties. Hopefully the Temple of Light would have at least one full time healer.

Alec looked around, trying to find himself in his surroundings no doubt, but he failed to focus on Zey. Understandable, they had only recently "met". As he laid his head back down onto his pillow Zey moved in closer. It was probable that Alec needed time to heal before conversing in depth. But it might help him to know there was a Master of his own Order here with him. Standing beside the stretcher, he gently rested his hand on it, before looking down into the Jedi's wandering eyes.

"I am General Zey, of the New Jedi Order, and from what I understand you are a far way from home."

TAG: @Sarge221 (others that may be sharing this transport)

[IMG]
  7. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4

Tim watched and listened as Brice's father encouraged his son to try the exercise for himself. The boy seemed to be a natural! "I’m Anakin Sherland. My wife Kasha is helping Master Decinchi and the others exploring the ruins. My older daughter is sleeping with a strill. That animal reeks but Mekaila doesn’t seem bothered by the smell."

"Pleased to meet you and Brice, Sir! He's picking up the 'Palming' move much quicker than I did! I'm looking forward to meeting your wife and daughter, too. I've just realised, though, that I don't know the proper way to address anyone here except the Grand Masters! I may even be making a faux-pas by refering to Luke and Mara Skywalker by their given names, though family documents and the instructional holos they sent my Nana Evlyn suggest they were both inclined to be pretty informal, Luke in particular; except in a really starchy and formal setting.

The short story on me is that I'm Agamarian, born and raised. I've got a bunch of mundane qualifications and skills (including the sleight-of-hand and ventriloquism; both of those from my time as Assistant and Props Manager to a genius of an Illusionist called The Great Prestorious); I only found out that I was Force-sensitive just over two years ago, Nana Evlyn definitely had the talent and I'm half Farlander on my mother's side; so for most of those two years I've been attempting to pre-train using Luke's and Mara's holos etc. Some of it seems to have taken! I'm a pretty fair shot with a blaster, first picked up a sword thirty years ago and have kept in practice since; I favour, what I think is, a modified Form II for a Tapani-lightfoil-style Lightsaber (built this one myself, on the way here) and I can use a blastsword but don't really like them.

Oh, yes; I want all remaining Sith packed off for life to retirement homes on Myrkr; one-way-tickets only!

8. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 9
    Miria smiled at Ian. "Everything will be all right." After saying this, Miria turned toward the group at large and asked, "Everyone, if I could have your attention." She looked towards each individual in the room briefly. "As you may or may not know, a group of Guardians, including Grand Master Josch Decinchi will be arriving shortly from the Ruins. Most of these individuals were kept there against their will, but I'm not sure how yet. So I'd like us all to wait for them to arrive because that's about all we can do for now. If anyone is hungry feel free to grab something. There should be a kitchen staff member... *Miria looked towards a door near the one leading to the kitchen* somewhere out in that short hallway if anyone needs them. If you have any questions about the Guardians, Saridona Prime or anything else that you feel I may be able to answer, please feel free to ask."

*Miria waited for any and all questions that the group of newcomers might ask.

TAG: @Runjedirun , @Tim Battershell , @Gotab , @Rebecca_Daniels , @Whitelight , @Chewbacca89 , @JediFalcon , @Skywalker_T-65 Cafeteria Crew
  9. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Transport En Route to Temple

"I am General Zey, of the New Jedi Order, and from what I understand you are a far way from home."

Alec had noted movement off to his right and his eyes immediately flicked over in that direction to look at who approached him. Assuming that it was one of the people that they had rescued, hearing the name General Zey and New Jedi Order had caused the young Jedi to turn his head the rest of the way in order to more fully inspect the man.

The graying hair along with the weathered and wrinkled features was a clear sign that he was looking at someone who had been through a lot. Nonetheless, his mass and large arms told Alec that he was looking - if his affiliation was true - at a veteran Jedi that was used to physical combat and probably still had plenty left in him. That and the vest that he wore further reinforced the image of a warrior made and Alec had trouble believing the man to be of the Jedi Order; more like the Mandalorians he had already seen with the Guardians. His face and form told Alec nothing about his identity though; he did not visually recognize the man despite his claim of being with the Jedi Order even, after a glance, he was able to identify a lightsaber on his person.

The name, however, rang a bell.

General Zey, he repeated in his mind. Despite the remnant grogginess that he still possessed from his brief and disturbed sleep, Alec remembered why the name was familiar and his eyes widened slightly in recognition.

Hector Zey. A renown Jedi Master that had fought in the Sith-Imperial War since its onset when Alec was still a youngling. Though having never met the man face-to-face, there was the reputation that he had gained with his spree of battles and victories in each one. The kind of reputation that made the other Jedi children blabber about with fantasies of becoming a Jedi just like Zey. Future Jedi they may be but they were still children although, if ever asked, Alec would admit to not having been one of them who looked up to Zey. Really, his own role models tended to be two of the few members of the Order who's participation dated back to the Old Republic days. He of course meant the likes of T'raa Saa and K'Kruhk. Alec's fascination of the Jedi Order during its Old Republic days had dated long before he even became a Padawan.

Realizing that he was going a bit off-topic, Alec focused back on Zey and what he remembered. Fortunately - and obviously - Zey had escaped the purge and rejoined the remnants of the Order and the Galactic Alliance to continue the fight against the Sith-run Empire. However, instead of the title of Jedi Master, Zey became practically restricted to the title of General when spoken by others. After the war though...Alec hadn't heard anything about what happened with Zey. By then, the young Jedi had already gained a new Master and was being sent on a new assignment. He certainly knew now though.

"Master Hector Zey," Alec identified verbally and just saying the word as well as seeing the man in person instilled a sense of awe of a youngling finally meeting a legend. He suppressed that feeling; he was not a youngling anymore and he knew that Jedi were Jedi no matter what name or accomplishments they may achieve. Still, there was that relief of meeting up with a Jedi from the same Order as him after being surrounded by the unknown Guardians. And a Master at that! Certainly one was needed if there were to be any attempts of establishing a working relationship between the Guardians and the Order.

For now though, Alec just stuck with a simple greeting. Bowing his head towards Zey, Alec introduced himself with, "Alec Vandel of the Jedi Order as well." He paused and realized he was forgetting something. He had intentionally been keeping a speck of information about himself private from the other Guardians to the point of it being a habit but, in the presence of a Jedi Master, Alec felt spurned on to reveal it here. "That is...Padawan Alec Vandel of the Jedi Order."

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik
    JediFalcon and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. Falcon Chosen One

star 8

Anakin listened as the Grand Master explained everything that was going on. It sounded like they were bringing back more people then with how many that went. He frowned as Brice looked up at him with a grin as he flipped the coin back and forth like a pro. “You’ve caught on pretty quick. Want to go and grab something to eat?”

Brice nodded with a grin as he stood up and followed Anakin to the kitchen. As they neared the staff and looked at Brice. “Tell the nice lady what you want.”

Brice nodded as he looked at the staff member. “Cookies?”

“How about something healthier then cookies?” Ankain questioned with a frown. “How about a blue fruit?”

“I love blue fruit,” Brice grinned with a hopeful smile.

Anakin saw the one individual who left when Tim was showing Brice the trick. Brice ran over to the woman and tugged on her robes. “Look at what I can do,” Brice said as he neatly flicked the credit into sight then made it disappear again.

@Runjedirun
  11. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor / Moderator of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 9

Amidst confusion Zey could feel the spark of recognition in Alec's mind. Excellent, so good old General Zey was not forgotten after all these years. "Master Hector Zey" the lad said, not quite a question, more a confirmation that he had indeed recognized the name. Zey nodded, a warm smile on his face. Recognition was always good, the fact that this young Jedi could remember anything after his ordeal was even better.

With a bow of his own head, he formally introduced himself to the General. "Alec Vandel of the Jedi Order as well." There was a brief pause, caused by confusion or something else Zey could not say "That is...Padawan Alec Vandel of the Jedi Order."

"Padawan Vandel," Zey said softly to himself, his voice almost a whisper. Zey had never heard of the young man before today, though that was not surprising considering how long he had been out of commission. Focusing on him again, Zey could see that he was around that age where many a padawan was ready to take the trials. Judging a padawan by age alone was by no means sure thing, some took longer then others to make themselves ready. Others joined the Order later in life and were naturally delayed. But Vandel, he was ready. Zey could feel it. In fact, to his mind this padawan had already passed his trials after what had just happened in the Ruins far behind them.

"Just a padawan?" Zey asked, a bit of mirth creeping into his eyes. "Son you have proven to me your worth as a Jedi Knight." Still smiling, he gently placed a hand on Alec's shoulder now. "I will have a word with the Council when we return. If there still is a council." He couldn't hide the worried look that crossed his face for an moment, but it faded quickly. "Until then, tell me. Who is your master? Where is he or she? I would speak with them for I am certain they would agree with me."

TAG: @Sarge221

[IMG]
  12. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4

Tim heard Grand Master Lahana's announcement about a team of Guardians (including some that had allegedly been kept there against their will) returning from some ruins they had been investigating; and the Grand Master's offer to answer questions. Brice and his father having moved over to the kitchen in search something for Brice to eat, Allynic seemingly meditating, the young Arkanian woman appearing to be closely studying the table-top and as no others were moving towards Grand Master Lahana to speak to her, Tim went over to her himself.

Bowing, he said; "With your permission, Grand Master, I think I should tell you that the young Arkanian lady over there is looking for a missing sister, although she hasn't said much else or given any details!

Also with your permission, I would like to give 'Life's Illusion' a facelift with a fresh coat of paint as soon as possible. Too many unfriendly people have now seen her in her protective anti-pirate camoflage! However, before I do, you might like to consider using her as an object-lesson in 'Your eyes can deceive you, do not trust them!' for any younger members of the Guardians. That quote is made several times in the Instructional Holorecordings!

Perhaps I should also mention that stock Deepwaters, and their MC-18 cousins, were designed with Water Take Off or Landing capability built-in, as well as the ability to travel underwater. All survivors that I've been able to trace had those capabilities deleted for extra cargo capacity long ago, but my Old Girl's still got them!

TAG: @BultarSwan, (indirectly @Gotab, @Skywalker_T-65).
    Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  13. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Alec Vandel

"Just a padawan?"

Alec nodded at that though he took note that Master Zey did not demonstrate any of the recognition that Alec had, had for him. Not surprising; though having been noted as strong in the Force, Alec didn't exactly have a reputation that was as extravagant as Zey's. He was still a Padawan after all and, before then, he had and his first Master had lost contact with the Order until they had reunited with it near the end of the war. It was very likely that he had possibly been considered as dead.

"Son you have proven to me your worth as a Jedi Knight. I will have a word with the Council when we return. If there still is a council."

As flattering as the comment and touch at his shoulder was, Alec didn't feel as honored as he knew he should've. It was no fault of Zey's, just Alec's usual sense of logic and his own modest opinions of himself such as this being the first time that the two of them have ever met. Alec did not believe that he should be promoted just because a Master he just met thought one achievement was worthy of a Knight when his own Masters - who had known him and trained him for much longer - had yet to set a date for his trials or even admitted that he was ready for them yet. If any such trials or promotion was to take place, Alec did want the full approval of the Council rather then the admiration of one man no matter how honored he was. No offense to Zey of course.

Still, Alec gave Zey another nod and a corner of his mouth twitched upwards to show, at the very least, he appreciated the compliment.

"Until then, tell me. Who is your master? Where is he or she? I would speak with them for I am certain they would agree with me."

The next line of questioning, however, killed any small smile that had been on the young Jedi's face. His gaze drifting away from Zey, Alec leaned his head back against the pillow of the stretcher while he stared up at the ceiling of the transport, wondering just where he should start and how much he should mention. The full bit of it, he supposed, just so Zey had a better picture of him and that there was more to him then that one instance in the Ruins. Perhaps it may make him rethink about Alec's readiness to be a Jedi Knight.

"A Mon Calamari, Master Yima, was my first," Alec informed. "She had taken me from Ossus when it had been attacked and I became her Padawan due to the circumstances. We traveled together for years until we finally reunited with the Order. She was killed on Taivas when the Sith attacked the Temple there."

If there was any remaining sorrow or anguish at the memory, Alec didn't show it; not just because he was good at hiding his emotions but because, quite frankly, he was over it. Yima was dead, nothing could bring her back, and Alec was a strong believer of the Force and that, even though she was dead, it didn't mean that her existence had ended. With the multiple tales of Force Ghosts and other Jedi who managed to communicate with the living despite their deaths, he believed that Yima still existed somewhere within the energy field that he would always use tap into and use when the situation called for it. Naive or not, he'd like to think that with his every use of the Force, Yima was able to glimpse at how much he had grown since her passing.

"My second Master, Asaak Dan, was assigned to me after Coruscant," Alec continued. "We were given an assignment to Veragi; a simple policing assignment to detain smugglers and pirates who may be smuggling Sith artifacts from the world. But the outpost we were stationed on was attacked by a force of the One Sith." Sighing at this point, Alec closed his eyes briefly. "Master Dan was slain by Darth Wyyrlok V."

Master Dan's death was still recent and Alec knew that he still had some unresolved feelings about the situation; the fact that it was his second Master that had perished didn't help the matter. Alec had resolved that it was not his fault and that there had been nothing he could do but...full acceptance of that was still eluding him. He was sure he would achieve it in time.

For now, he just focused on the current matter: that is, to inform Master Zey about any bits of the current situation he may have missed. "I'm sure you know that the Order, the Galactic Alliance, and the Empire had formed a triumvirate and now lead the galaxy as the Galactic Federation. While the One Sith have been defeated, remnant forces still exist and there have already been plots that have been uncovered and, fortunately, prevented. Unfortunately, the attack at Veragi seemed to be only a small part of a much larger assault on multiple Federation outposts as, when I escaped to a base in Cantras Gola, it was also under Sith attack. I had attempted to assist but damage to the vessel that I was on forced me to take a blind hyperspace jump and..." he shrugged "...here I am. On a forgotten world that is inhabited by a forgotten order of Guardians as the members call themselves. From what I can tell, they are a splinter faction of the Jedi Order that had a falling out with them concerning the use of Vongtech to restore ravaged planets and, thus, split off and came here. There are currently two Grand Masters: Master Decinchi who you already saw and the second is a Firrerreon named Miria Lahana."

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    IC: Kambie Loother
    Kambie looked around the kitchen. She was pleased to see a few cooks preparing fruits and vegetables that looked local. So she grabbed a plate to take some samples. Just then the Grandmaster finally made an announcement. "Everyone, if I could have your attention. As you may or may not know, a group of Guardians, including Grand Master Josch Decinchi will be arriving shortly from the Ruins. Most of these individuals were kept there against their will, but I'm not sure how yet. So I'd like us all to wait for them to arrive because that's about all we can do for now. If anyone is hungry feel free to grab something. There should be a kitchen staff member... somewhere out in that short hallway if anyone needs them. If you have any questions about the Guardians, Saridona Prime or anything else that you feel I may be able to answer, please feel free to ask." Oh, great. Kambie thought, more people. She was becoming increasingly uncomfortable in this already large group of strangers and now more people were on the way, some of them who were possibly being held against their will. She took a bite of a bright red fruit for comfort and leaned up against a wall scanning the room for all possible exits.

Just then the young boy and his father entered the kitchen. “Look at what I can do,” the boy proclaimed proudly as he made a credit coin disappear.

Kambie Smiled genuinely. “You catch on quick!” She proclaimed. “A useful trait for a future Jedi”, she added in hopes that it was the right thing to say and that his father would approve of the comment. You never knew what kids aspired to be or what their parents wanted them to become. Before the boy or anyone else could comment Kambie hugged her plate tightly and made her way back out of the kitchen. This time she chose the furthest table from anyone. Sat at the very end right next to an exit and concentrated on her food. While allowing her senses to open up and be aware of any and all goings on around her.

@JediFalcon @BultarSwan @Tim Battershell @Rebecca_Daniels @Chewbacca89 and/or anyone else in the cafeteria
  15. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor / Moderator of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 9

As Zey listened to the padawan's story his smile slowly softened, and then dropped entirely. It was a tale far too common among the Jedi of this era, masters lost to the war, to the Sith. Zey shook his head, his hair moving gently over his broad shoulders. The dark side was everywhere. Zey had not been immune to the phenomena either, losing not only his own former master to the One Sith, but both of his former apprentices as well. They were losses that cut deep and Zey was not sure he would ever truly be over them. It was a major reason why Zey had taken it upon himself to find these Guardians, to finally put an end to the Sith once and for all.

Zey brought his focus back to the moment, his way of not dwelling on friends long gone. He knew that was a path to the dark side, and that was a journey he knew he could never take. For his part, Alec seemed to take the losses in stride, never seeming to waver as he told what had happened. Zey nodded, that cool detachment was a trait that would serve him well in the future.

"I'm sure you know that the Order, the Galactic Alliance, and the Empire had formed a triumvirate and now lead the galaxy as the Galactic Federation. While the One Sith have been defeated, remnant forces still exist and there have already been plots that have been uncovered and, fortunately, prevented. Unfortunately, the attack at Veragi seemed to be only a small part of a much larger assault on multiple Federation outposts as, when I escaped to a base in Cantras Gola, it was also under Sith attack. I had attempted to assist but damage to the vessel that I was on forced me to take a blind hyperspace jump and..." the boy shrugged "...here I am. On a forgotten world that is inhabited by a forgotten order of Guardians as the members call themselves. From what I can tell, they are a splinter faction of the Jedi Order that had a falling out with them concerning the use of Vongtech to restore ravaged planets and, thus, split off and came here. There are currently two Grand Masters: Master Decinchi who you already saw and the second is a Firrerreon named Miria Lahana."

Zey's smile returned full force now. So the war had been won after all. The losses suffered so far had not been in vain, though it sounded as though much work still needed to be done. It was clear now to Zey that the Jedi could never rest, never sit idle and wait for threats to come to them. Not when those threats came from the Sith. No, every Sith must be hunted down and defeated, to ensure a secure and safe society. These Guardians could be the key to that, just as Cassandra had indicated to him before Ossus was lost.

His former padawan would have fit in well with the Guardians, she too had been against the Ossus Project, though Zey himself has stopped her from going to the council with those concerns. She was just a padawan at the time. Zey had told her that if her visions were to come to pass, certainly someone on the Council would have forseen the same fate for the Project. Now she was gone. She had been killed, or worse, when Ossus had fallen. Zey tried to comfort himself for his inaction back then, it was the will of the Force he told himself. But at times that was small comfort.

He dropped his hands to his side now, becoming more rigid and nearly standing at attention as he stared blankly at the bulkhead. "Your being here was obviously the will of the Force and though there has been much loss over these last years, we must endeavor to ensure that those losses have meaning. I will address these Grandmasters when the time is right, after everyone has had time to recuperate from our ordeal." He looked down again at Alec. The Force was strong with him, and destiny had even more in store for the padawan, Zey was sure of that. "Until then, get some rest. We are almost to the Temple. I will make sure you are attended to when we arrive."

TAG: @Sarge221

[IMG]
  16. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Alec Vandel

"Your being here was obviously the will of the Force and though there has been much loss over these last years, we must endeavor to ensure that those losses have meaning. I will address these Grandmasters when the time is right, after everyone has had time to recuperate from our ordeal."

Alec nodded at that, agreeing one hundred percent to Master Zey's declaration. Both Master Yima and Dan had both been taken by this war, giving their lives so that future Jedi such as himself could go on to ensure a future galactic peace. Though Alec felt had residual doubts about what had happened at Veragi - when he had left his Master to die -, it was clear that his logic and actions that occurred upon the station had been the right one: had he had remained there, and more then likely been killed, he would not have come here to Saridona Prime and discovered the Guardians and, more importantly, halted the coming of another threat to the galaxy. Some of those unresolved feelings he had felt before quickly became settled.

It would still take a bit longer before he completely accepted what happened at Veragi but, at this point, he no longer troubled by it as he had been before.

"Until then, get some rest. We are almost to the Temple. I will make sure you are attended to when we arrive."

Here though, Alec felt a small degree of uncertainty. He had a suspicion of what Zey would be thinking and he was sure that he was right: after all, Alec had possessed the same thoughts when it came to having the Guardians reunited with the Jedi Order. However....

"If I may, Master, I would advise caution," Alec spoke. "The Guardians...they are not like the Order. I understand that such a petty thing should not be dwelled upon but...they have taken upon practices that worry me. I have only been here for a short time but I have noticed multiple members of their ranks who are a bit..." he tried to find a more polite word but at the moment he could really only go with, "...troubled. Some of whom are related by blood to the Grand Masters."

He looked around from his position on the stretcher and his chin discreetly motioned to one of the uniformed personnel on board the transport. "They have Mandalorians as their security personnel and I have witnessed at least a small number who have interacted physically and violently with the younger members of the Guardians. Some of those Mandalorians themselves are part of a faction of Force-users known as the Journeyman Knights with the leader being a cousin of Master Decinchi. I am well aware that our own Order had taken on practices in the past that have been...questionable but I worry about these Guardians. Their isolation here in the Unknown Regions could have led to practices that may lead to complications if they were to rejoin the Jedi Order."

Of course, the fact that these Guardians had split off from the Jedi Order not too long ago was a big warning sign. Considering the conflict and losses that had arisen due to the Vong incident, Alec wondered if the Guardians would even be able to be swayed to rejoin the Order. Cambria, for example, had reacted aggressively to the Jedi Order's decision to use Vong shaping techniques to restore planets.

However, he recognized that such matters may be beyond a lowly Padawan such as him. Zey would, logically, be the more experienced and better choice to decide whether the Guardians could be of any significant help to the Order...or an unreliable ally. Right now though, Alec just wanted to caution the older Jedi to let him know what he was getting into.

"Admittedly, they did well in the Ruins but...I still advise caution," he finished at last. Just as before, he relaxed on the stretcher and rested his head against the pillow. He really should try and get some more rest. "I understand that such a decision is not mine to make, that so far you only have my opinion to go on, but I felt as if I should express it." He closed his eyes. "Clearly, you will be the better choice to decide whether they can be reliable allies or not."

He left it at that. His head tilting off to the side, Alec's slow and steady breathing was a sign that he had fallen right back to sleep.

Last edited by Sarge221, Jun 6, 2013
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor / Moderator of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 9

"If I may, Master, I would advise caution," Alec spoke once again, looking exhausted. "The Guardians...they are not like the Order. I understand that such a petty thing should not be dwelled upon but...they have taken upon practices that worry me. I have only been here for a short time but I have noticed multiple members of their ranks who are a bit..." he paused for a moment, "...troubled. Some of whom are related by blood to the Grand Masters."

Troubled members were nothing new to the Jedi, though some of course did warrant more attention than others. Zey supposed it was the result of the great power that a Force sensitive being was confronted with, it could easily lead to...problems. At one time he too may have been considered troubled, though through his Master's guidance he had managed to become a Jedi worthy of the Order.
    Alec didn't go into detail on just how troubled said Guardians might be, but Zey would be on the lookout for them.

Alec motioned subtly towards one of the uniformed crew members of the transport. "They have Mandalorians as their security personnel and I have witnessed at least a small number who have interacted physically and violently with the younger members of the Guardians. Some of those Mandalorians themselves are part of a faction of Force-users known as the Journeyman Knights with the leader being a cousin of Master Decinchi."

Mandalorians? Now they could be useful as cannon fodder, if they could be trusted. The Mandalorians had abandoned the GA cause after a costly battle on Botajef towards the outset of the war. Confined for the most part to their own world, and bound by their leader's proclamation of neutrality, the only Mandalorians Zey had any experience with were the few bounty hunters willing to stretch the letter of the law. Their long history of animosity with the Jedi Order did little to inspire confidence now. Especially if they had allowed that history to result in violence as Alec had indicated. Zey would keep a close eye on them until he knew where they stood, though their presence was certainly a double edged sword.

"I am well aware that our own Order had taken on practices in the past that have been...questionable but I worry about these Guardians. Their isolation here in the Unknown Regions could have led to practices that may lead to complications if they were to rejoin the Jedi Order. Admittedly, they did well in the Ruins but...I still advise caution."

Zey nodded his head sagely, stroking his short beard as the lad fell asleep once more. Alec had spent more time with these Guardians than Zey had, and his observations, and concerns, would prove invaluable to Zey. To be honest he had never thought that the Guardans would be anything but willing to join him on his Crusade against the dark side. Their rejoining with the true Jedi Order wasn't necessary to those plans, but it would be helpful.

It struck him suddenly that perhaps his own personal mission wouldn't be sanctioned by the Jedi Council, that they would rather the Guardians rejoin them then simply use them as foot soldiers in the war against the Sith. The "war" was now won, at least in their minds, though a few battles were still left to be fought. Zey felt he knew better, that the war would never be over until every last Sith was killed or rehabilitated, and the knowledge they left behind destroyed for all time. He had made the mistake of ignoring the wisdom of a padawan before, and it had helped lead to a decade of death and conflict. He wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

TAG: No one really, awaiting the GM update.

[IMG]
  18. Falcon Chosen One

star 8

Anakin frowned as the staff handed him a plate with fruit for Brice. He wondered if she had trouble being in large crowds. Kasha was similar in that way because of where she grew up. A big crowd wasn’t her thing either and he accepted that, when Kasha needed space he let her go most of the time. He walked over to the table where she was sitting by herself. “I’m Jedi Knight Anakin Sherland and this is my son Brice. I’m wondering if we may join you?”

@BultarSwan @Tim Battershell @Rebecca_Daniels @Chewbacca89 @Runjedirun
  19. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4

Turning slightly away from the Grand Master, after bowing to her once again, Tim addressed the fair-haired young man in Padawan garb (late teens or early twenties, so he estimated) and the slightly older (around mid-twenties) brown-haired, young woman; whose clothing was of an unfamiliar colour and cut and of a material that looked to be of a rather lighter weight that Tim would have selected; given the late-winter/early-spring outside conditions he'd seen from 'Life's Illusion' during final approach to the Hangar.

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Tim.... Tim Battershell, born and raised on Agamar and hoping to join the Guardians. Would I be correct in assuming that you, young Sir, are a Padawan in the Guardians? And you, Miss, would you perhaps be from Redemption and, therefore an Abydonian?

TAG: @Gotab, @Lenea_Sandstrider for @Skywalker_T-65, (indirectly @BultarSwan).
  20. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider
    Spirit

"I’m sorry to bother you. I’m wondering if you have a spare blanket on hand? My dad fell asleep in the back cabin. He overexerted himself back at the ruins.”

Daniel turned his head around when he heard the voice behind him. It was the woman who had joined them in the ruins...Keira was her name if he remembered right. Understandably, the young man was having problems gathering his thoughts after all that had happened. But he still knew what was being asked and answered accordingly.

"There should be one in my cabin, feel free to grab it."

TAG: @JediFalcon

IC: Lenea Sandstrider
    Temple of Light

Lenea had started to lean against a chair, still trying to truly recover from the mental assault earlier. But she looked up when the older man who had joined the group spoke to her and Thrace.

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Tim.... Tim Battershell, born and raised on Agamar and hoping to join the Guardians. Would I be correct in assuming that you, young Sir, are a Padawan in the Guardians? And you, Miss, would you perhaps be from Redemption and, therefore an Abydonian?

Lenea raised an eyebrow. Evidently Arrica had told him where they were from, though it wasn't like anyone really knew where Abydos was, aside from its own people. The more pertinent question, was how he had identified her as from the Redemption. Though it was probably because of her clothing...the Abydonian robes were somewhat distinctive for those who didn't live there.

"Yes I am," the young woman said, "the names Lenea."

TAG: @Tim Battershell
    Last edited by Skywalker_T-65, Jun 8, 2013
  21. Gotab Jedi Master

star 1
    IC: Ian Thrace

Ian sat down alone at one of the tables following Grandmaster Lahanna'a announcemnt. It didn't feel right to him, there had clearly been a major force event, one that had affected them all, and that frightened him. Still he would have to trust the Grandmaster's judgement.

Of course there was also word of more people, refugees or some such, now headed back to the Temple from the Ruins. Those same ruins which had already caused such angst among those already here. He thought back to his own actions when he had been ut near that ancient site. He hadn't been able to control himself then, he hoped against hope that Grandmaster Decinchi and his team had somehow managed to end the threat the Ruins presented once and for all.

Unsure of what to do next, he simply stood to the Grandmaster's side. The recent news had taken away any appetite he might have had, and he wasn't good at making friends. He noted the elder man's use of trickery to keep the little boy calm. It wasn't all that different from the tricks that Ian had used back on Coruscant during his pick-pocketing days, though Ian doubted he had ever had as much skill with it as the man was demonstrating now. In fact Ian knew he hadn't. Ian wasn't that skilled at anything.

The man suddenly spoke to him. "Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Tim.... Tim Battershell, born and raised on Agamar and hoping to join the Guardians. Would I be correct in assuming that you, young Sir, are a Padawan in the Guardians? And you, Miss, would you perhaps be from Redemption and, therefore an Abydonian?"

Ms. Sandstrider answered first, allowing Ian to collect his thoughts. "Yes I am," she said curtly "the names Lenea."

Ian then bowed to the man...Tim, though perhaps Ian should call him Mr. Battershell. "I am padawan Ian Thrace, I uhhh.... I am kind of new here myself." He spat out quickly. It amazed him how much he had been through here already, and how many times he had already been to the infirmary, and yet he still hadn't been here for that long. Nor had he been furthered much in his training.

"The Grandmasters have taken over my training personally." It was meant to sound humble and informative, but it was really a prideful boast, a way to try to tell the others in the room that the Grandmasters saw something special in him, and wanted to train him themselves. He didn't really know what else to say at that point, he was terrible at making friends too. So he walked off a bit and took a seat at a table, alone, though not too far from everyone else. The others would be here soon enough, and then Ian was sure to be lost in the crowd...

TAG: @Tim Battershell, others in the cafeteria
    Last edited by Gotab, Jun 8, 2013
  22. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4

The young woman was first to reply, after a lifted eyebrow and a peculiar Sense in the Force (surprise, maybe shock?) which Tim again couldn't really identify; "Yes I am," she said, "the names Lenea.", closely followed by the Padawan; ;"I am padawan Ian Thrace, I uhhh.... I am kind of new here myself.... The Grandmasters have taken over my training personally"; before moving away a little and seating himself, alone, at an empty table, far enough away to discourage further conversation but close enough to see and hear clearly.

While Tim's ability to identify emotional cues through the Force was (he admitted) sadly lacking at present, Prestorious had taught him a more than a little about reading Body Language (particularly that of Humans and near-Humans). While Grand Master Lahana was absolutely unreadable, probably due to her being centred in the Force virtually all the time, the same did not apply to the young Padawan. To Tim's eyes, he seemed to be permanently on the verge of a cringe, as if expecting kicks or curses rather than praise (or even normal social interaction!). Tim wondered if the Grand Masters' decision to take over his training themselves was, in fact, more a form of the 'Protective Rank' granted to some specialists in the Military (Stores Personnel were one such) and to ASF Consultants - he himself had been classed as an 'Inspector', although it would have been a very incautious Sergeant, Lieutenant or Captain that would have even thought of giving him a rough time; his close, from-childhood, relationship with the Sturm family in general, and Joph in particular, was far too well known in ASF circles.

Softly, softly, as far as Ian Thrace (Padawan) was concerned, then, unless or until required to interact closely with him.

Turning back to Lenea, Tim said; "Pleased to meet you, Miss Lenea. Would that be your X-83 in the Hangar, then? Not the Grand Masters, but someone down here - linked to Defender, I think - decided it would be a good idea to have my Old Girl cool her landing-pads in Redemption's Hangar Bay for a while, we declined, and we had a pair of X-83s, plus a pair of K-Wings chasing us at one point! I must admit that I'm curious as to whether the X-83s could actually have caught up, given that my Old Girl outpaced a factory-new R-28 before we set out on our journey here! We already had a good deal of delta-v on, while they weren't even up to Patrol speed when they came into sight, and had a very poor interception angle into the bargain! Hope their pilots didn't get into any trouble!

Still, Redemption's Chief Engineer should be pleased that I declined the 'invitation'! My Old Girl can be quite a handful if trouble starts, she's actually wearing Supreme Defenders and has an outsize in Power Cores to run them off! Not a good idea at all, I'd say!

TAG: @Gotab, @Lenea_Sandstrider for @Skywalker_T-65, (indirectly @BultarSwan).
  23. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Keria Colias-Decinchi
    Spirit Saridona Prime

"There should be one in my cabin, feel free to grab it."

Keria gave a short nod and smiled. “Thank you,” she headed back to the cabin and grabbed the blanket. She unfolded it and laid it over her dad. She settled into the chair and waited for him to wake back up. She had a feeling he was exhausted if he fell asleep before finishing his sentence.

@CPL_Macja, @Skywalker_T-65, anyone on the spirit
  24. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    Kambie took a bite of the blue fruit first. It wasn’t as sweet as she liked, but decent. Before she could decide what to try next the father and son approached her table. “I’m Jedi Knight Anakin Sherland and this is my son Brice. I’m wondering if we may join you?”

“Sure,” Kambie stated. “I am Jedi Knight Kambie Loother.” Some time alone was a nice thought, but if others insisted on joining her at least Kambie could try and get some information. “How long have you been with the Guardians? And do you have any further information on this group the Grandmaster is waiting for?”

While Kambie was speaking she noticed a young man. He donned an old fashion padawan haircut, he took a seat at another empty table. His demeanor led her to believe that he was very uncomfortable. She decided to keep an eye on him.

@JediFalcon (indirectly @Gotab and/or anyone in the cafeteria)
    Last edited by Runjedirun, Jun 10, 2013
  25. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Temple of Light Saridona Prime

. “How long have you been with the Guardians? And do you have any further information on this group the Grandmaster is waiting for?”

“We arrived here sometime this morning and my wife went out with them. I suspect some of them maybe from Ossus. My wife and I trained at Ossus but we left the year before the second destruction. We had a decision to make and the way Master Cade Skywalker was behaving we had a feeling it may have led to our deaths. When Kasha became pregnant, we were warned to leave by my sister’s spirit. We left.”

Anakin paused for a second wondering where she trained. “Where did you train?”

@Runjedirun, @Gotab indirectly if need be... or anyone in the cafeteria
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Jun 10, 2013
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza