1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth, May 13, 2011.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Keira Colias-Decinchi
    Grandmasters quarters, Temple of Light

Keira's eyes turned wizened kind betraying her true age as she smiled at Miria and patted her hand lightly. "That's good to know. I'm sure you already have been and will continue to do so. It's takes someone special to win dad's heart."

@CPL_Macja, @BultarSwan
    BultarSwan and -Remi- like this.
  2. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 9
    IC: Miria Lahana
    Grand Master’s Quarters

Miria felt so much more relaxed after having this short discussion with Keira. It still felt a little odd but she was sure it would go well. Looking up, the Firrerrean smiled at Josch. “I’m so glad I got to meet you. Do you have plans to stay in the temple?”

TAG: @CPL_Macja ; @Falcon
  3. Gotab Jedi Master

star 1
    IC Ian Thrace
    Temple of Light Hangar Bay

Taab's laughter filled the hangar bay. Ian flinched as the unfriendly sound reverberated off the walls. Taab was an evil man, and Ian did not understand why the Grandmaster had allowed him to stay here.

"Go on Twitchy, go find something to do with yourself."

Ian nodded quickly at that, afraid at what Taab might do next. He dashed quickly out of the bay. Determined to put as much distance between himself and the Mandalorian as he could, he ignored anyone else he saw in the hallways.. Once he had gone a fair distance down the corridor he slowed his pace and tried to slow his breathing. He wasn't sure what he would do next. He could try to help out in the med center, but to be honest he wanted to stay as far away from that places as possible. He should probably try someplace more quiet, and away from everyone else. Like the library or meditation gardens.

He stood there at a T-junction in the corridor. One way would lead him to the library, the other the gardens. They should both be pretty much devoid of people he hoped, so why was he feeling trepidation about one of them? Ian looked down in each direction, first towards the library and then towards the gardens, trying to get a sense of where he should go, but that feeling wouldn't go away. Worse still he couldn't tell from which it was coming.

"Kriff." he said aloud though no one was there. "I'll just go to my room and meditate there."

Along the way back to his own quarters a thought suddenly struck him. He had stood up to Taab and his brutish ways. He had stood up for himself, and he hadn't been beaten, or assaulted. he had been left alone. Sure, Taab hadn't been polite about it, but he hadn't sent him back to the med center either. Despite his fear he had stayed strong, and he liked the feeling that gave him. As he reached his room and lay down on his simple mattress he thought to himself about what he had just learned.

TAG: No one.
  4. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    IC:Josch Decinchi
    Grand Masters’ Quarters, Temple of Light

I didn’t want to intrude on your private time. Miria whispered to him as she passed. Josch just smiled knowing that it was little things like that that caused him to fall in love with her. He watched as she entered the room and sat across from his daughter.

Hello, it’s good to meet you.

It’s nice to meet you too. My half-brother used to call me pointy ears who looks like mom. I look more like my mother. If you don’t mind, would you tell me a little about yourself.

Josch could sense that Keira was nervous, so he poured as much calm into the room as he could. He stood next to where Miria sat and gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

Well… I am 146 years old. Born on Dantooine and eventually trained as a Jedi by a Master, Davna Salk. Shortly after that I joined the Guardians, which at that time were known at the Galactic Defenders. I don’t know if Josch told you but he saved me from the Ruins.

Miria looked up to him and gave him one of her heartwarming smiles. The look caused his stomach to start fluttering, knowing what he was planning on doing very soon. He kept pouring calm into the flow of the Force hoping to mask his own nerves that were starting to act up.

So you’re long lived as well.” Keira smiled as she glanced at her dad. “I’m over a hundred years old, my mother is an Alderaan and Order 66 survivor. Kasha Sherland is my great granddaughter. I was born on Corellia and mom attempted to scare my first husband off by interrogating him at CorSec. Brice helped her and he was wondering why she did it. After she explained how Brice came about he understood why she was acting over protective. ” Keira fell silent as she stared at the floor. “It’s nice to know dad isn’t lonely anymore. He told me you two are more than just friends.

When he heard her talking about Fress interrogating Keira’s first husband a small twinge of regret poked him in the heart. His anger, his darkness, had robbed him of more than just time with his family, it had robbed him of the special moments, a centuries worth of them. It should have been him talking to Keira’s boyfriends. He should have been the one pacing in the waiting room awaiting news of his grandson’s birth. All the life lessons that he had learned were his responsibility to pass on to them.

We are.” Leaning towards Keira, Miria placed a hand on her wrist. “I’ll take good care of him.

That’s good to know. I’m sure you already have been and will continue to do so. It takes someone special to win dad’s heart.

Miria looked up and smiled at him again. “I’m so glad I got to meet you. Do you have plans to stay in the temple?

Before you answer that Keir’ika,” he interjected, subconsciously calling her little Keira in Mando’a. He stepped out from next to Miria to stand between the two of them. “There is that matter that the two of us talked about earlier,” he said with a wink at Keira. Turning to face Miria, he reached down and took her hands in his, “Miria, I know that you and I have been through a lot, both together and apart, but I know that I came back to Saridona Prime for a reason,” He slowly knelt on one knee before her and through the Force he pulled a small box from one of his pouches, “I came back not to rescue you, but to spend the rest of my days with you,” He let go of her hands to open the box, revealing a shining ring holding a single, brilliant gemstone, “Miria Lahana,” through their Force bond he called her Cally, her real name, “Will you marry me?

TAG: @JediFalcon @BultarSwan
  5. Journeyman1 Jedi Padawan

star 1
    OOC:The scenes with Dovey and Voj are currently one day behind everyone else in the temple. They will be catching up in a post or two.

IC: Voj Velkin
    Corridor outside of Hanger Bay 8, Temple of Light

What didn’t I want to know about her?Voj thought to himself. Really all he wanted to do was just get to know someone close to his own age. He left Vernet knowing that his brother was the crown prince and second in line for the throne. Voj’s legacy was to follow in his father’s footsteps as the leader of the Journeymen, which he had done faithfully since the Second Ergwaz Uprising was put down. Since then he was the lonely leader. The only female to truly take interest in him was Leianna, but he’s witnessed the pain and loneliness his mother suffered when his human father passed. Voj swore that he would never do that, it wasn’t fair to either of them. But Dovey was different. She had the same burden that he did.

Well, I know that there is a café one the first level of the Promenade. It’s under one of the spiraling staircases, I’m sure most everyone has retired for the night and we should have relative privacy. Sound interested?” He looked at her hopefully

TAG: @BlueHeron
  6. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Eira Dryn
    Library

Her refuge had turned into quite the popular spot, though with so many Force sensitives they were likely drawn to that location... or something. Maybe everyone just really liked books.

Sensing the attention of one of those in the room, Eira shied away slightly, but quickly abandoned any pretence of in attention when the blonde Jedi spoke about Sith and Rakata and crystals and trapped Jedi. She didn't know what a Rakata was - though a familiar being, previously introduced as Tim, appeared to show what they looked like - but the Sith, again? If it was just some crystal, she could hope that was the last remnant of those murderers.

With all the Jedi and Force sensitives freed from this prison, she wondered if her sister had been amongst them. No, it was unlikely; surely Eira would have sensed her presence, as she sometimes did when she tried really hard.

And Master Zey had been one of the prisoners? But Jedi were supposed to be stronger than that; the Sith crystal and whatever these Rakata were had to be extraordinarily powerful. Meanwhile the blonde Jedi had been at least partly responsible for its destruction - she noted his use of 'we' when referring to the whole situation. None of it made sense, nor was there any explanation as to why there were Mandalorians working with Jedi.

"Was the crystal the only sign of the Sith?" she asked, unable to bite her tongue any longer. Eira gave up on the book, belatedly noticing which one shed grabbed and sliding it back onto the shelf. She wanted answers and she didn't care about subtlety anymore.

TAG: @Sarge221 @Bardan_Jusik @Tim Battershell @Skywalker_T-65 @Chewbacca89 (indirectly @Padawan4687 @Journeyman1)
    Chewbacca89 likes this.
  7. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 9
    IC: Miria Lahana
    Grand Master’s Quarters

Miria smiled up at Josch when he started speaking and when she met his eyes saw more than enough to know what he was thinking. Or so she thought. She watched him get down on one knee and propose. Miria’s whole face blushed silver and became very hot as she stared for a moment at her love. Then with an ecstatic laugh, she cried, “YES!” Looking down she saw the ring. It was a plethora of colors from ruby to emerald and sapphire all mingled together to form an exquisite kaleidoscope of beauty. She looked back up at Josch, her jaw dropping open slightly to show her surprise at such a beautiful thing.

TAG: @CPL_Macja ; @Falcon
  8. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Lenea Sandstrider
    Temple of Light, Library

Lenea was somewhat surprised when Battershell entered the Library, but that quickly changed from surprise, to shock, to quickly clamped down on anger. Source of the riot of feelings? The 'Rakata' drawing he had shown her. While it probably meant nothing to most people, she...she definitely recognized it, and it made what Danny had gone through a lot easier to understand. For staring at her from the holopad, was...

"Ra..." she muttered darkly, before realizing that 'Ra' meant as little to everyone in the Library as 'Rakata' did to her, "I haven't heard Rakata before, but that is Ra. He ruled my homeworld, Abydos, several thousand years ago. And not just ruled, but posed as our 'god' and the legends say we aren't even native to Abydos. He brought us there with a Gree Hypergate."

Lenea left it there. If they wanted a history lesson, they would have to ask. And it wouldn't hurt to get Danny in on it too. Might distract him from whatever the kriff was going through his head.

TAG: @Tim Battershell (directly), everyone else in the library indirectly.
    Chewbacca89 likes this.
  9. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Library - Temple of Light

Tim watched Miss Lenea's emotional reactions through her 'tells' and tentatively linked them to what he was picking up through his Sense of her in the Force. The surprise at his sudden appearance was understandable, the shock and anger less so; until she spoke....
    "Ra.... I haven't heard Rakata before, but that is Ra. He ruled my homeworld, Abydos, several thousand years ago. And not just ruled, but posed as our 'god' and the legends say we aren't even native to Abydos. He brought us there with a Gree Hypergate."

Then the young Arkanian woman asked; "Was the crystal the only sign of the Sith?"

Tim replied to Miss Lenea first; "My homeworld of Agamar was also part of their so-called 'Infinite Empire', way back when, Miss; but all we know of that period comes from the bits and pieces of tech that get ploughed up every year. Annoys our farming-folk no end to have the University's Students field-walking through their crops and occasionally mounting a 'dig' on their land! If it's any comfort, the academics believe they went extinct millennia ago. This group, according to Mr Vandel, here, possessed Stasis technology, which may explain their survival. Apologies again, and for handing out a shock! When we have time, I'd very much like to hear about your homeworld and its history; but.... "

Raising his voice slightly to address the whole room, he continued; "Actually, the reason I came up here was that I saw Grand Master Lahana heading for a Turbolift just after I left MedBay, so I suspect she's gone to confer with Grand Master Decinchi. If I'm right, they might call a group meeting in the very near future."

Then, addressing the young Arkanian; "Was your sister among those rescued, Miss? I did take the liberty of letting Grand Master Lahana know that you were looking for your sister when I spoke to her in the Cafeteria."

TAG: @Skywalker_T-65, @Rebecca_Daniels (directly), all others in the Library, indirectly.
  10. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Kambie Loother

“I am sorry to hear you have lost some memories”Kambie said compassionately as she took the lead and headed for the library. “I grew up on my Aunt and Uncle’s farm with over half a dozen cousins. I didn’t even know I was Force sensitive until I was 13. Someday when we have more time I would like to know about your childhood here at the temple.”She reached the library with Michael and entered. “Greetings,” she called out “I prepared some soup, please help yourselves.”

TAG: @-Remi-, Everyone in the Library
    Last edited by Runjedirun, Nov 1, 2013
  11. -Remi- Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Michael Davis

Michael nodded and smiled, pulling the cart of soup with him after Kambie entered the Temple Library. The fluctuation in each of the jedi's force sensitivity went up and down, given the rise and fall of the conversation's effect it had on its participants. He sensed the force within himself, but it was hard to concentrate on expanding his awareness in the immediate surroundings due to his weakened state. Instead, Michael took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. Strange that he could easily sense others power levels accurately, but could do nothing to expand or pull back his own much at the moment.

The jedi pushed the cart in front of the others and leaned against the wall left of the Library entrance. He closed his eyes...Before Michael began to still his thoughts, one last thought flitted across his mind:

My own questions and concerns can wait....I need to regain my strength...

TAG: Until spoken to.
    Last edited by -Remi-, Nov 1, 2013
  12. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Eira Dryn
    Library

Most of what Lenea said went right over Eira's head, but it didn't sound good. She had no idea what Gree was, or where Abydos was, or really even what Rakata were, but if one posed as a god, that spoke volumes about the species, or at least the individual. Seemed they were all on some power trip. Tim seemed to know quite a bit about these Rakata, so she was prepared to tune his conversation with Lenea out when he addressed the group at large, or so it seemed.

"Actually, the reason I came up here was that I saw Grand Master Lahana heading for a Turbolift just after I left MedBay, so I suspect she's gone to confer with Grand Master Decinchi. If I'm right, they might call a group meeting in the very near future."

The Grand Masters were going to call a gathering? It'd be interesting to have them all together again, with hopefully more organisation than when she arrived. Introductions would be useful, for one; she knew only a few by name, a couple more by sight, but Eira herself hadn't exactly introduced herself to many here. Hopefully there wasn't some... plan for them all. Well, she couldn't care less whether there was a plan for the other Jedi and new arrivals, they were welcome to do as they pleased, but she wasn't here to get training or whatever; once she had what she came for she'd be off. If they'd let her leave; this place was supposed to be some super secret Jedi hideout, they'd probably not want her to go with the location in her navicomputer.

To her surprise, Tim addressed her: "Was your sister among those rescued, Miss? I did take the liberty of letting Grand Master Lahana know that you were looking for your sister when I spoke to her in the Cafeteria."

Eira wasn't sure whether to be suspicious or pleased that he'd shared her search with the Grand Master. He seemed harmless enough, but with Force-sensitives she had no sense of who they were. She settled on mildly surprised as she managed to find her voice.

"No, she, er-" Eira paused, reevaluating her words. "I don't think she was." But her tone was resigned; she was very sure, but it'd take a while to check. She glanced to the side and noticed the Caamasi Jedi's question had not yet been answered. It was a bit chaotic in here, but she was glad to realize that he was the one she'd met the other day, another familiar face.

Another pair of Force-sensitives - Jedi? - entered, bringing with them the smell of warm food. Eira only then realised she was hungry, but didn't think it was proper to head over unless the others did as well. She certainly wouldn't turn down free food, though she was starting to get the impression that she wouldn't have to pay for any of the food in the temple here, or anything else for that matter.

TAG: @Tim Battershell (indirectly the rest of the Library group)
    Last edited by Rebecca_Daniels, Nov 4, 2013
    -Remi- likes this.
  13. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4

"No, she, er.... I don't think she was." The young Arkanian's reply was downbeat, perhaps even devoid of hope that her sister would ever be found. But at least she was talking to people now!

"Miss; a quite famous man once allegedly said that if one had to find a particular quark in a mole of Deuterium, it's a very sound move to have a Jedi help! So, my advice is to ask the Grand Masters for assistance just as soon as you can. The Jedi role is to help people, after all, and they do it because it's there to be done.

As an alternative, or perhaps an extra, I could send a message to Joph Sturm, my best and oldest friend on Agamar. He should have been promoted to Agamar Security Force's Assistant Director by now, and ASF do what's called 'Welfare Checks' all the time. Other Security Forces around the Galaxy do the same and help each other out with them as a 'Professional Courtesy'. So, if you could supply her name and description, I'll find a means of getting both to Joph; one which can't be traced right back here. Supply runs, either for us here in the Temple, or the two big ships in orbit, would seem to offer a perfect opportunity!

Mr Sitan! Nice to see you again!

I'll have to let Mr Vandel expand on what was going on in the ruins; he was there, I wasn't!

TAG: @Sarge221, @Chewbacca89, @Rebecca_Daniels, (indirectly; @Padawan4687, @Journeyman1, @Skywalker_T-65, @Runjedirun, @Bardan_Jusik , @-Remi-)
    Chewbacca89 likes this.
  14. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Temple of Light, Library
    "Was the crystal the only sign of the Sith?"
    "As far as I know," Alec replied truthfully to the near-Human, her race being one he didn't recognize. "Even then I wouldn't exactly call the crystal itself a sign of the Sith..."

It was the truth anyway and while he had been worried at the idea of a possible Sith being lured by the crystal and being mixed with the prisoner population - what with a variety of Force-sensitive individuals having been held prisoner - it didn't seem that such a fear had held any water. Or, at the very least, no one had told him if any Sith had been discovered when the prisoners had been brought back to the Temple. While Alec wondered if this was yet another aspect of the crystal's properties, he knew that it would do him no good. It was destroyed and hopefully it had been the only one of its kind.

With the addition of more people, there became multiple conversations with Alec having difficulties keeping track of all of them. A recently-arrived Cammasi questioned if there really had been experiments being conducted on Force-users which Alec confirmed with a nod of a head and a quick, "Its been taken care of. They've been stopped and the prisoners released." Again, another hope to the Force that was indeed the case.

. The last he saw him, Alec had been witnessing the man in the midst of an emotional breakdown when it came to missing family members that were most likely imprisoned in the Ruins. He seemed much calmer now and Alec hoped that it was due to the fact that his family had been within the crowd of prisoners that had been brought back to the Temple and, thus, had been reunited with them.

“I prepared some soup, please help yourselves.”

Although Alec wouldn't usually be so forward in taking such an offer, he decided to make an exception in this case as he hadn't exactly eaten much during the time of the Ruins expedition and his recovery. Taking a bowl of soup, he spooned some of it into his mouth. The liquid held plenty of vegetables and other herbs that Alec couldn't recognize right away but it hardly mattered; it was good and his stomach needed the sustenance.

"Good," Alec offered the short compliment while the conversations continued all around him.

TAG: Library Folks Cause I'm Too Lazy To Properly Tag Everyone
    Runjedirun and Chewbacca89 like this.
  15. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Keria Colias-Decinchi
    Grandmaster quarters

Keria smiled as Miria accepted her father's proposal of marrage. She stood up and gave each an approval nod. "Congratulations to the both of you. I'm wish you both happiness," she glanced at her father before turning her attention to Miria. "To answer your earlier question. I'm not sure, depends if father allows me to stay here for a bit or not."

@CPL_Macja, @BultarSwan
    Last edited by Falcon, Nov 6, 2013
    Chewbacca89 likes this.
  16. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: I missed RunjediRun's post with the soup, so I'll have Alisha acknowledge it in my next post.
    IC: Alisha Tano

Alisha hung around the shelves of books and datdpads, and quickly found one she found interesting. It was a datapad about Mental Force moves. She could possibly learn methods to better protect her mind with this...

She wasn't paying too much attention to the discussion going on with the others, but she caught the words, "ruins, " and "Rataka," and her attention was stolen from the book. They were talking about the Ruins? Despite the fact that her Master had been there, he hadn't told her anything about it - in fact, she hadn't seen him at all since she woke up in the Medical Bay...

She spotted Jaxon coming a distance away, and she quickly tucked the datapad under her arm to hide it. Call it mild paranoia, but she really didn't want to answer any questions if he saw the pad's title.

"Do you have any clue what they are talking about?" he whispered to her. Alisha hid her relief, and softly answered, "I think it's the Ruins rescue mission they're discussing. It went on while I was in the Medical Bay, so I don't know much about it..."

Suddenly, Alisha shot him a small smile, and asked, "Why not we just ask them?"
    Calling on all her blind bravery, she walked out from the shelves, in clear view of the big conversing group.

"Excuse me," she finally spoke up. "I don't mean to interrupt, but I overheard talk about the Ruins? My Master was a part of the rescue mission there, but he hasn't told me anything about it. "

TAG: @ Everybody currently in the library because I truthfully have no idea how many people to tag.
    Last edited by Padawan4687, Nov 7, 2013
  17. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    IC: General Hector Zey
    Library, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

What was once a nice and quiet library was now a cacophony of sound, smell and Force presences. Zey had been confident that he had come through his ordeal in the Ruins none the worse for wear, but as the different conversations swirled around him his head began to swim. So many voices...it was like being under the crystal's influence all over again. He blinked rapidly a few times, hoping that no one would notice with all that was going on. It wouldn't do for the Jedi Master to be seen in such a state.

Fortunately, with the Force as his ally, he was able to quickly calm himself and shut out the voices to some extent. He still heard what was going on around him, but the various voices no longer threatened to overwhelm him. Alec had done well to describe what had gone on out there, but his explanation had spurred on much of the discordant conversation, though at least it led to him getting to know more members of these Guardians of Light.

But it was the smell of the food brought in by yet another drawn to the Library. Within the Jedi Temple bringing such to the library would have made the librarians very grumpy, but Zey could only smile. It smelled delicious and it was certainly welcome. He honestly couldn't remember the last time he had actually eaten. That and the echoing of conversations in his head moments ago made him realize that it might take more time then he had realized to fully comprehend and overcome what had happened to him over the past decade.

He took a proffered bowl of soup and with a bow and a grin. "Thank you young lady, I am..." but the Togruta interrupted.

"Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt, but I overheard talk about the Ruins? My Master was a part of the rescue mission there, but he hasn't told me anything about it. "

Zey straightened up, though he wasn't angry at the padawan's interruption. Thoughts of her Master...the Grandmaster...were so strong in her mind that it was nearly impossible to not pick them up. Still he saw no need to rehash what had just been discussed only moment before. "No need to apologize, your concerns for your Master are commendable, but at the moment misplaced. He has returned, along with many of us, from the Ruins. Currently he is...resting...but I am sure that everything will be revealed by him in due course."

TAG: Library group.

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Hanger Bay 8, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Taab watched as Twitchy (Ian) left the Hanger Bay rather quickly. He hadn't expected the boy to man up like that and defy him. To be honest he was quite pleased by Twitchy's sudden display. Taab had been uneasy about seeing Twitchy in any sort of combat situation, he felt the lad would crack. This gave him some hope that he might actually rise to the occasion. Still it was clear he needed further training, and that was above his pay grade. Instead with his work here done Taab made his way to the Tactical Command Center (TCC) to supervise the rest of the draw down of the Journeyman security force and to watch out for any further threats.

TAG: No One for now.

[IMG]
  18. BlueHeron Force Ghost

star 2
    IC: Dovey Lahana
    Temple of Light Hangar Bay/Hall/Cafe

Dovey looked around the hangar. Unfortunately her own ship was in a different hangar altogether or she would have suggested they go there instead of a café. But that seemed to be the way of things, the force conspiring to keep her here. She smiled a dourly while she listened but when she turned to actually look at Voj she felt uneasy. Her features automatically smoothed out and she nodded. “That sounds fine.” With that, they made their way to the café.

TAG: @Journeyman1
  19. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Allynic Sitan

Allynic was listening to those around him in the library when a strange cloud came over his mind. He couldn't think straight and another's voice seemed to echo through his head. He teetered for a moment, vertigo rippled him, then passed. Allynic pulled out his lightsaber in the midst of the group. He stared at it for a moment and gripped it in his palm. He closed his eyes for a minute concentrating. He emulated anger and let it roll out of him like a whirlwind. It was time. He ignited the blade and it jumped to life with a snap-hiss, casting a green glow over the library. "It is time."

TAG: Anyone in the library.
  20. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4

"MINE! LEAVE THIS TO ME!"; Tim shouted, as Allynic's Lightsaber came out and activated, while simultaneously arming himself. The advantage of his horizontal slide-rig was that it permitted the weapon to be drawn and come up into Guard Position in one fast, smooth-flowing, action.

With his hard-edged yellow-gold blade extended and humming in counterpoint to Allynic's green weapon, Tim crossed blades, allowing Allynic's to rest on top of his. Then he lifted, using the strength of both arm and wrist (built up over nearly thirty years experience with swords) with the intention of taking both blades into the safety of the Fifth parry position and locking them out of action there.

"Ally.... Stop this nonsense! Remember you're Caamasi, for Force's sake!"

He had seen Allynic sway slighty, just before he drew, so thought the being was suffering some form of illness - had to be, to take such an un-Caamasi-like action.... and if it did come to having to injure Allynic, better his blade setting of 'Point-Five' (which would only inflict a nasty burn and induce a few hours of temporary paralysis in the struck limb - he knew, he'd incautiously tested that setting on himself and bore the scar to prove it!) than a full-power blade and amputation. Better by far!

TAG: All in Library.
    Ananta Chetan and Chewbacca89 like this.
  21. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Library

Allynic registered Tim Battershell pull out his yellow blade, and it clashed up against his.

"Ally.... Stop this nonsense! Remember you're Caamasi, for Force's sake!"

Allynic was surprised to see his blade was out and ignited. When had that happened? Allynic glared at Tim. An unfamiliar rage commenced, unexpectedly. He willed himself to lower his blade, but a ping rang through his head and disoriented him.

Allynic jumped back, slashing his emerald blade in front of him swiping a protective blow. "Allynic? Hahahaha..." He raised his blade back up an and fell into a defensive position. He called upon the dark side, and started looking for an exit. The library was crowded and he was too week to take on all the Jedi at once. He would have to strike and then fade. Securing his exit plan he addressed the crowded room.

"Come and get me, Jedi scum!"

TAG: @Tim Battershell, anyone else.
    Last edited by Chewbacca89, Nov 17, 2013
    Tim Battershell likes this.
  22. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4

Allynic disengaged and jumped backwards, covering the action with with a warding slash. Then came confirmation that all was definitely not right in Ally-land;

"Allynic? Hahahaha.... Come and get me, Jedi scum!"

Tim's game plan was simple by necessity, the room was too crowded for slashing attacke to keep missing everyone for long, sooner or later they would find someone's flesh! Therefore, despite his natural inclination to fight defensively, he'd have to press Allynic back to the empty rear of the room; preferably into a corner or against the wall.

With that thought he palmed his Lightdirk from the left side of his belt, and, completely against his previous thinking when planning its usage, ignited the twenty centimetre blade (also yellow-gold - Tim liked the idea of colour co-ordinated weaponry).

Then he advanced to blade-contact again, hoping to provoke another slash that he could catch in the Third or Fourth parry position. One thing in his favour was that Allynic would have to watch his fingers, standard Lightsabers could not trap and control an opponent's blade. Not like the circular, very slightly dished towards the pommel, phrik handguard on his weapon could.

TAG @Chewbacca89, All Others
    Chewbacca89 likes this.
  23. The_Zeltron Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Gaan Be'orar - Medbay - Temple of Light - Saridona Prime

Gaan listened quietly as Alec described their adventures in the Ruins. It wasn't like she had forgotten any of it, so her attention gradually shifted away from the conversation, and instead focused on the book in her hands. It didn't exactly interest her, either, but it was easier to stare at inanimate objects than faces, generally. After a few minutes of reciting historical events, some of them quite recent, something was mentioned that did interest her. “Her sight, thankfully, has returned. She is completely better. Thank-you for asking.”

It was the Jedi Master who had spoken, and Gaan looked up in time to see Alec's relief. "That's good to hear. Hopefully anyone else who had experienced side effects from the Force Event will recover as well." Gaan doubted her chance of recovery was as good as Dovey's, given that her "side effects" were mental, while Dovey's were physical, but at least it improved her odds. She would be only too happy to be as comfortable with all of the people she had seen as Alec seemed to be. As she was considering that, something else caught her attention.

"Is there anyone available who can judge how well I handle this thing, Grand Master?" It was the unfamiliar human male again, and he was drawing attention to his lightsaber as he spoke. Gaan noted with some amusement that the hilt, at least, followed a typical lightfoil design, and guessed that he either wished to show off with the blade and put any doubts about his skill to rest, or that he had never been trained beyond, perhaps, Shii-Cho. Had she been a little more stable, mentally, at the moment, she would have offered to test his skills herself. However, in her present state, it would hardly be the wisest move, and so she remained silent.

After a few moments, during which Alec left and the woman provided no response, the man continued, "Please carry on thinking about someone to assess my swordsmanship, Grand Master; but if I may now excuse myself? I have some recent thoughts to meditate on, but I'll be contactable via comlink if you need me."

After bowing to the Grand Master, he turned to Gaan. "Ma'am." He bowed again, this time in her direction, and she gave an automatic, polite nod in return. He left, quickly followed by the still-silent Firrerreo, leaving Gaan alone with her thoughts.They weren't many, as she preferred not to think about her completely unreasonable response to being in the presence of two people she did not know. Thinking about what Alec doubtless thought of her now didn't exactly improve the matter, and so her thoughts drifted back to a time and place unassociated with any of the beings filling this temple. A time she could remember, even if it was one she would rather have forgotten. Her fingers drifted upward from the book in her lap to her chest, where they mindlessly traced a small, never-quite-healed scar...

Gaan aggressively shook her entire body, as though somehow that would rid her of the memories. She didn't know how long she'd remained there, lost in thought, but she did know it had been a while because her limbs were starting to feel the lack of movement. She slowly rose to her feet, accidentally dropping the book in the process. As she bent to pick it up, she realized Alec had, in fact, given it to her to return to the library. As she had nowhere better to go, and the quiet and lack of medbay surroundings would probably help her relax, she decided to go and see if she could find anything on her condition. She moved toward the door, her step quickening as she got the blood flowing again, and gladly exited the medbay, headed for the library, unaware of the chaos that had erupted therein. Her first clue was the low buzzing sound that met her ears on stepping within.

TAG: Library group

OOC: Yeah, I'm back in the game. Sorry for leaving those in the medbay hanging, but glad you guys got on with the story without me.
  24. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Lenea Sandstrider
    Temple of Light, Library

Okay, he's crazy...Lenea thought, watching as Allynic drew his lightsaber and started sending Dark Side energy rolling off his body.

Thankfully, Tim seemed to be on top of things and was keeping the crazy Caamasi at bay. But, all it would take was one wild swing and someone could lose a limb...especially the newcomers who either weren't armed or didn't have any training to try and cover themselves. Lenea was far from a Jedi herself, but at least she knew how to use her lightsaber.

Thus, she ignited her orange blade and moved to cover anyone Tim couldn't. She, mostly, trusted that Zey and Alec could handle themselves, but Eira had already said she didn't have training, and Lenea didn't know about the others. She didn't move to interfere in the duel though...she knew she couldn't take on a fully trained Knight...and for once, actually had reason to curse that flaw...

TAG: Library Group, @Tim Battershell , @Chewbacca89 specifically
    Last edited by Skywalker_T-65, Nov 18, 2013
    Tim Battershell and Chewbacca89 like this.
  25. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Temple of Light, Library

The one called Tim was going to pose a threat, that he knew. He was obviously skilled and very technical in his attack, switching to a tactically superior blade, given the environment. He glanced at the large window over his shoulder. He needed a distraction. Suddenly an orange blade sprung into life. Allynic followed the blade back to it's owner: Lenea. Perfect. Allynic grinned. He thrusted to the left and side-stepped Lenea's orange lightsaber blade. He pulled the lightsaber above his head and brought it down to bear on Lenea's weapon arm, a few inches above the wrist. At the last minute, Allynic convulsed and tried to stop the attack. The result was a glancing blow, instead of an amputation. The lightsaber dug an inch or so into flesh and burnt fabric and skin filled the air.

Allynic retreated back, keeping his guard up, and composed himself. As he listened to Lenea's scream, he soaked it in and smiled. Then he used the Force to pull a chair through the force and send it flying out the window behind him. It was time to leave. Allynic was no swordsman and wouldn't be able to hold his own against someone like Tim or the other Jedi in the library. He could sense some of them coming in to trap him, but he leapt out the window with great speed, following the chair, into the abyss.

TAG: @Tim Battershell, @Skywalker_T-65, Library Group
    Last edited by Chewbacca89, Nov 18, 2013
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza