main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Hangar Bay 2 - Temple of Light

Tim saw Allynic detect his improvised attack just an instant too late; it caught him a glancing blow as he was attempting to jump clear. Curiously, the jump went much further than Tim would have expected from impacts with such light material. Perhaps the stinging pain inflicted was responsible for that. At any rate, he was off the ship, which was what Tim had been aiming for. He changed direction to the area he'd seen Allynic land in.

Now to get Allynic (or whatever was controlling Allynic's body - to be exact) so enraged that it couldn't think logically and would come directly after him, not engage the others. That would leave them free to marshal their energies for any necessary Force-powered attacks. They'd be much better at mounting those than he was. He'd rely on his Lightsaber - objective; incapacitation without slicing off any body parts; something its "Point-Five" intensity setting was well suited for, as he knew from first-hand (and excruciatingly painful) experience! The real Allynic would need his arms, hands and fingers after this was all over!

Holo-recording Kyle had spoken of a technique called "Dun Möch" which, although not strictly Jedi-like (but allowed, in moderation), both he and Luke had used in various forms (Luke's example being "You'll find I'm full of surprises").

Using the Force to amplify his voice, so it could be heard throughout the Hangar, and also his ventriloquial skill, to obscure exactly whereabouts he was, he said "I didn't get a chance to grade your performance during our sparring session, you left so fast.... Well, here they are;" adopting a sarcastic and mocking tone, he continued; Technique.... Amateurish in the extreme; Target Prioritisation.... Abysmal; Footwork.... Entirely absent.... except when you ran like a terrified little Rodus! And oh, we know that you're not Allynic, just some nasty Dark Persona that's been inserted into him. Well, I've got news for you, Eviction Day has arrived, and I'm here to enforce the order!"

Just as he spoke those words, 'Kasha' did something, something outside his knowledge. The Force came alive with Light-side energy, all heading in Allynic's direction. Then 'Kasha' collapsed! The effort of channelling that much Force energy must have drained whatever remained of her stamina.

Just in case the 'Nasty Dark Persona' remained in control and repeated its Library tactic of striking at a much weaker (in this case, apparently helpless) opponent, Tim headed for where 'Kasha' had fallen at the run, drawing, but not yet igniting, his Lightsaber....

TAG: Falcon, Sarge221, Chewbacca89, indirectly - Bardan_Jusik

Falcon likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update

IC: General Hector Zey
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

As the hunt for the deranged Caamasi began Zey took charge of the group still left in the library. "All of you, return to your quarters. You'll be safe there until we can get this handled." He expected no argument to his orders, except from the Mandalorian who he knew was itching for a fight. "Not you Mr. Taab. You're with me." the armored man nodded slightly and responded with a simple "As you wish." as he fell in trail of the Jedi Master. Zey didn't want the man anywhere near the rather fluid situation that he could feel was developing. He had no doubts that the Mandalorian could bring back Sitan, he just doubted that he would be brought back in one piece. Something was clearly disturbing the Caamasi, and given what they had all been through recently it could be anything. But Zey like the other Jedi was determioned to find out what that was and rehabilitate Sitan if possible. He didn't trust that Taab had the same goal, and so he would keep the bounty hunter on a tight leash.

The pair made their way to the Temple Tactical Control Center (TCC) in silence though Zey could feel Taab's seething behind him. All the better to keep him under control for now then Zey thought to himself. Upon entering the Mandalorian took up the main control panel and displayed the situation as it was going on outside. Zey took that in, but for a moment his mind slipped elsewhere. Where was Grandmaster Decinchi? Surely he knew of the situation by now. Why wasn't he here organizing the capture, or even out there leading the charge. But the Grandmaster was no where to be found at the moment. Zey dismissed it from his mind. Better to focus on the here and now, the future would sort itself out as it always did.

Bringing his attention back to the holo-displays Zey watched as Sitan made a bee line for one of the Temple's hanger bays. These had been locked down by Taab earlier, but to a force user such a thing was simply a delay, not a true barrier. In any case Taab didn't appear to be taking any chances as he brought the Temple's formidable exterior defense grid online. "All too easy." Zey heard him mutter under his breath as he lined up the Temple's blaster cannons on target.

"Belay that! Let him in, the Jedi on the chase can contain him." The T-Visor swiveled towards Zey and he could feel the piercing stare he was being given through the faceplate. "They haven't yet, I have a clear shot."

"We need him alive, not atomized. Now shut down the defenses and let him in. That's an order Major." The man may have been a brute, but he was also a soldier, and as such he would follow orders. "Yes General," came back the inevitable reply as Taab deactivated the security grid and allowed for Sitan to enter the hanger unmolested. The battle continued there for a short while, the Jedi and the Mandalorian watching, one dispassionately, the other with an intense desire to join in. Finally Sitan was brought down by by what Zey could feel was pure lightside energy that simply overwhelmed the Caamasi and whatever it was that was controlling him.

"Now you may go, detain him and get him to the medical ward." Zey may not have trusted Taab to bring Sitan down alive, but now that he had been stopped he knew the Mandalorian was uniquly qualified to transport their unconscious problem. But the Mandalorian shook his head. "The stockade. It was designed to hold spoonbenders. The medical droids can go to him." Zey thought that over for a moment before nodding his assent. Until they found out what was going on with Sitan he would have to be detained in a secure area. For now though Zey moved on to another, more disturbing thought. What was going on with Grandmaster Decinchi?

Early the next morning...

Zey had faced a fairly restless night. The situation with the Sitan had ended up resolving itself relatively harmlessly and the Caamasi was resting in his cell in the stockade under the watchful eyes of a Jedi guards. Alec, Keira and Kasha had all been attended to by the staff of medical droids. He didn't think any of them had been required to spend the night under their care but he wasn't sure and hadn't thought to ask. Instead he had been devastated by the news that had come from the Grandmaster and the offer that had come from him. Sleep had eluded him for most of the night as he attempted to come to terms with what he had learned. He knew he should have looked to meditation and the Force for answers, but sleep found him before his search for answers there could really begin.

So he had arisen early the next morning and gone to the meditation gardens. There were a few other Jedi there as well, but they were engaged in their own meditations so he did not disturb them. instead he settled into his own routine. Soon he found himself in the midst of a vision...

...and with that his eyes flung open, he knew what he had to do.

Later that day, the Grand Hall.

Zey stood now before an assembly of most of the Jedi and other denizens of the Temple. Sitan wasn't here of course, still locked up in his cage under the watchful eyes of padawan Thrace. Zey would be assigning a pair of Jedi to investigate the cause of his...incident when this assembly was completed. Taab wasn't here either, opting instead to watch over things from the TCC. That had suited the General just fine. The Mandaloran was an valuable asset in protecting the Temple, but his place wasn't here, not now. This was Jedi business. It was now time, Zey addressed the assembly.

"Fellow Jedi, as you all know we have been though much over the course of the past decade. For many of us the past few days have been particularly painful, and yet liberating. Sadly as with any liberation there comes a cost, and the cost we have payed is a high one."

He paused dramatically for a moment. "As many of you know we had another, incident yesterday. One that was contained through the bravery and skill of our own brothers and sisters. It was during this situation though that Grandmaster Decinchi made a terrible discovery. His connection with the Force has been lost." He paused again as there were some gasps and murmurs from the throng of Jedi before him. "Likely a result of his encounter with the dark crystal," he finished.

"The Grandmaster has departed, taking along with him Grandmaster Lahanna and Knight Keira Colias-Decinchi in an effort to research his own heritage, and hopefully reconnect with the Force." The murmurs began again. It was the Grandmaster who had rescued so many of them from the clutches of the dark crystal, it had been the Grandmaster who had done so much in rebuilding the Guardians of Light after being left for so long in the shadows.

"Before he left the Grandmaster asked me to lend myself to the cause of helping to lead you all. After much thought, meditation and sleeplessness I have decided to renounce my affiliation to the New Jedi Order and have officially joined with the Guardians of Light as a Master on the Council." He looked now to Knight Kambie Loother, padawans Tim Battershell and Alec Vandel as well as Eira Dryn. "I would ask that all of those who are here and not yet full members of the GoL to pledge their allegiance to the cause of light, and the protection of it from the darkness." His gaze moved from them to look over everyone who had assembled in the hall. "And I ask everyone to stand with me, to fight the darkness as we live up to our ideals and our name as Guardians of Light!"

He lowered his head and took a step back now, indicating that his speech was over and the others were now free to not only address him, but each other as well. Hopefully many would decide to stay, he had a feeling that they were going to need everyone they could muster in the coming days.

TAG: ALL GoL members.

ooc: OK folks there it is. I have officially taken over as the GoL Co-GM. Many thanks to CPL_Macja for all the hard work and effort he has put in to make this a fun and enjoyable game for us all. I can only hope to replicate a fraction of what he has done for us. As a side note, the manner in which his character leaves the game is one of his own design, hopefully it means that he will return to us someday. All GoL characters (unless mentioned to be elsewhere) are assumed to be in the Grand Hall for Zey's announcement. We are going to use the next few series of posts to get some basic housekeeping things in order (padawans assigned to masters, Jedi to investigate the case of the rampaging Caamasi) and so forth before moving on. May the Force be with us.

[​IMG]

3. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Grand Hall - Temple of Light

"I would ask that all of those who are here and not yet full members of the GoL to pledge their allegiance to the cause of light, and the protection of it from the darkness.... And I ask everyone to stand with me, to fight the darkness as we live up to our ideals and our name as Guardians of Light!"

The veteran Jedi and General ended his speech and stepped back a pace to give others the floor. While his news about Grand Master Decinchi was saddening, it didn't change Tim's purpose. He'd come to Saridona Prime not because of any personalities, kind and wise though Grand Master Lahana had proved to be, but to find the Guardians of Light; and, though diminished by the (hopefully temporary) absence of three powerful Force-users from their ranks, the Guardians remained.

Taking a pace forward, he said;

"Master, I do so pledge! I will so stand!"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik - indirectly, all in Grand Hall.

BookExogorth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Alisha Tano

Alisha stood sullenly silent during Master Zey's entire speech. Her Master, Josch Decinchi losing his Force connection? He was more in-tuned to her emotions through the Force than she thought possible.... And now he was abruptly leaving, with hardly a goodbye. Not even to his own Padawan!

...To his own former Padawan…

Jaxon had kindly stuck by her side, but once Zey stopped talking and took a step back, she abruptly left the Journeyman, walking swiftly out of the Grand Hall. She didn’t know what else could be happening in the Hall, nor did she care. She just wanted to be alone to think. As she walked Alisha's thoughts began to spin behind her coldly guarded face.

My mother, Jay’su, and now Decinchi…..how many Masters will suddenly leave me? Can I even trust an adult now?!

Shutting her eyes tightly, Alisha kept walking until she felt open air. Hesitantly looking up, she realized she had angrily wandered right into the Hangar. There was the old Twilight resting in it’s corner, like it had been patiently waiting for her. She entered the cockpit of the ship, and heavily dropped down into one of the chairs.

Suddenly, the image of Ian Thrace popped into her head. Huh…it looks like we’re in the same boat now…Padawans without Masters.

Alisha chuckled darkly; it seemed so long ago that she was stating that it was comforting to have a bond between master and student, and how foreign it seemed to him. Then Thrace's Master died in his induced-coma, the apprentice broke down, and…

Alisha’s fists were clenched tightly against the metal dashboard of the ship. To think, Ian thought she was lucky! Proud, confident, he said….he should see her now.

For a few seconds, Alisha wanted to scream, or throw something. She slammed both fists down against the dashboard, and quickly regretted it. Dropping her head down onto her throbbing hands, Alisha felt hot tears trailing down her cheeks, as well as a tiny twinge of gratitude that she was the security of the Twilight…

TAG: Nobody, or anybody if it turns out she was breaking a rule by leaving.

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light

Kasha closed her eyes knowing what the announcement was about. She could no longer sense her grandfather through the Force and knew something was wrong during the whole Caasmasi episode. Her grandmother felt she needed to be with her father through an emotional time. She was sad to see her leave, on the other hand her grandmother looks after family members that need her help the most. That would be her father at this point. Keria had been in her life for a while now and was considered a good friend to the family then only to find out she was her great grandmother. On top of that, it turned out her grandfather was still alive and he's the one who delivered both Brice and Mekaila. She smiled tightly to herself. Flynn could've at least said something sooner.

Kasha turned around and watched as someone left. She could sense just how saddened she was through the Force, a sense of loss. She quickly put it in the back of her mind to talk to her later. She turned her attention to Tim, the one who quickly came to her side after she collapsed from using a large amount of energy to overwhelm Allynic's senses with. She wanted to investigate why the Caamasi flew off the handle like he did.

Tim finished pledging himself to the Guardians of Light. Something was nagging at the back of her mind as she turned her attention to Tim again. Something through the Force was begging her to notice him. Was it possible she was meant to take him on as her padawan learner? When her master took her on, Alya told her when it was time for Kasha to take on a padawan learner, she would just sense it and know right away. "With permission I would like to volunteer into investigating why the Caasmasi behaved like he did."

Kasha stepped in beside Tim and gave a slight smile. She could sense he was eager to learn the ways of the Force. "To live the life of a Jedi is not an easy path to take or follow. You will learn more about yourself in a short time then you could possibly learn in a life time. I hope you're prepared mentally to truly take on this chosen path."

Tim Battershell, Bardan_Jusik

6. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

Kasha Sherland, her identity now fully confirmed, moved up beside him and spoke;
    "To live the life of a Jedi is not an easy path to take or follow. You will learn more about yourself in a short time then you could possibly learn in a life time. I hope you're prepared mentally to truly take on this chosen path."

"Master Kasha; looking back, it now seems plain that I have been nudged and guided in a certain direction all my life. At each seeming setback, a new opportunity offered to me with the chance to learn and develop new skills. I think it time to start in on making repayment for all the advantages I've been given, and given freely.

My Grandmother had the Talent, but (due to being surrounded by prejudice against Force-users in her youth; possibly also due to fear that she might become another C'Baoth) neither attended the Yavin Praxeum nor attempted to train herself with the instructional materials sent to her over the years by Luke and Mara Skywalker. Those materials she willed specifically to me, saying in the letter she put into that large box;
    "Your father did not have the talent, except perhaps in a very mild form, and I do not know if it will ever manifest itself in you. Part of me hopes that it never will, because it can be a heavy burden at times. However my dreams lately have been troubled by images of a spreading darkness, even reaching out to touch peaceful, insignificant, Agamar. My fear is that the Light will, once again, be extinguished in most of the Galaxy; so this box is in the nature of a Trust for the future, something that will help the Light to grow brighter. If you use it at all, I pray that you use it wisely; otherwise either pass it down through your, or your sister's, family line or hand it to those who can make best use of it when the Light starts to return." From the date, that letter was written long before Krayt or his One-Sith had even been heard of on Agamar!

Rumour has it that the defeated One-Sith remnants fled into the Unknown Regions to regroup. Who knows what powers or species, and there were said to be over a hundred deadly threats out there, they have managed to infect with their poisonous philosophy?

If my great-nephews and great-nieces, your children, and all the other children in the Galaxy too, aren't to be continually under threat, the Temple of Light must stand as a Watch Tower and Bulwark against the Forces of Darkness. I'd like to play my part in making that happen!"

TAG: Falcon

BookExogorth and Falcon like this.
  7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Kambie Loother

"Before he left the Grandmaster asked me to lend myself to the cause of helping to lead you all. After much thought, meditation and sleeplessness I have decided to renounce my affiliation to the New Jedi Order and have officially joined with the Guardians of Light as a Master on the Council." He looked now to Knight Kambie Loother, padawans Tim Battershell and Alec Vandel as well as Eira Dryn. "I would ask that all of those who are here and not yet full members of the GoL to pledge their allegiance to the cause of light, and the protection of it from the darkness." His gaze moved from them to look over everyone who had assembled in the hall. "And I ask everyone to stand with me, to fight the darkness as we live up to our ideals and our name as Guardians of Light!"

Kambie saw the Masters eyes look in her direction as he said this last bit. She was still a newcomer to the Temple of Light and being asked to fully pledge herself to a cause she didn't fully know or understand seemed like a tall order. One she wasn't ready to commit herself to at this moment. Yet she knew leaving was not the right thing to do. Once it was clear the Master had finished his speech and others began to speak amongst themselves Kambie approached the Master to speak one on one with him.

"Master Zey" she began "We haven't formerly met, my name is Kambie Loother. I've been alone in the Galaxy for a while now and I really would like to find a home again. I was hoping when the Force guided me here that I had found an opportunity to use my strengths to help others. Since I have landed I have tried to fit in. In some cases maybe I have tried a bit too hard." she confessed. "I don't feel a connection to anyone here yet, and I certainly don't know or understand what commitment I would be making if I committed myself to the Guardians of Light at this time. I'm afraid I can't make a full commitment, right now, under these circumstances. If you won't accept this answer, I'll be forced to leave. I hope you understand."

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light

Kasha smiled in Tim's direction. "That's only part of it," she gave a quick wink. "I only just learned that some of my ascendant's are still alive. My great great grandfather, Master Decinchi is a lot older then he looks. There is a chance that I have passed that gene down to one of my children. I won't know until they reach over eighteen. My husband was not too thrilled at first when he found that out. It was a bit of shock for the both of us. I didn't know too much about my family history until recently. My great great grandmother was a order 66 and Alderaan survivor. History is only part of the discovery to being a Jedi. Each of us carry light and dark inside of us. It's up to us to choose which side to serve."

Kasha paused for a few seconds to allow her words to sink into Tim. "You will learn more about the dark and light inside of you. Aspects about yourself that you never knew existed. You will learn to examine yourself and discover the kind of Jedi you are. It may cause you to fear at times. It's a fear we all learn to control or it will consume our souls if we're not cautious and cause us to do things to hurt those around us Fear leads to the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering."

Kasha paused for a few more seconds hoping what she is saying is finally sinking in on what he will be learning coming into the Temple. "I can sense the Force begging me to notice you. I'm beginning to wonder if that's how my former master felt when she took me under her wing. She told me I would know when the time was right to take on a padawan learner of my own. I'm wondering if you would like to be my padawan learner?"

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Zey smiled a wolf like grin as Battershell shouted out his pledge of loyalty. It was not something he had expected to be done so publicly, or forcefully, but such enthusiasm always excited the grizzled old Jedi. He was eager, and able to train, he would need a strong teacher, one with the ability to reign in that eagerness at times, and at others to help feed it.

"With permission I would like to volunteer into investigating why the Caasmasi behaved like he did."

Zey's smile grew wider. Knight Sherland obviously was someone who liked to finish a job once started, and he had already decided that he wanted Tim's unique insight looking into the mystery surrounding Sitan. He looked at the pair of them as they spoke, first to the padawan and then the Knight and the Force spoke to him. Yes, they would be a good match.

"Knight Sherland, I believe you and padawan Battershell would work very well together not only in determining the cause of Sitan's behavior, but also perhaps as Master and padawan learner. If you are willing to train him of course Kasha."

As they spoke to one another Zey's attention was drawn elsewhere. His smile dropped as he watched padawan Tano race from the grand hall to destinations unknown. He dropped his chin to his chest, her distress was palpable, and was something he should have entirely anticipated coming. She had lost her Master, something that was never easy to cope with. These circumstances, the uncertainty of it all, would make things even harder on the child. He frowned, he had assigned padawan Thrace to watch over Sitan for the time being. He too was now without a master and would need special guidance. It was something that Zey should not have overlooked.

Speaking again to Kasha and Tim. "The investigation of Sitan's behavior is yours. At the moment padawan Thrace is watching over him. Relieve him when you deem necessary and send him to me. I have things to discuss with the padawan."

He left the new pair to their own devices now as Knight Loother came to him, quietly, privately. "Master Zey. We haven't formerly met, my name is Kambie Loother. I've been alone in the Galaxy for a while now and I really would like to find a home again. I was hoping when the Force guided me here that I had found an opportunity to use my strengths to help others. Since I have landed I have tried to fit in. In some cases maybe I have tried a bit too hard. I don't feel a connection to anyone here yet, and I certainly don't know or understand what commitment I would be making if I committed myself to the Guardians of Light at this time. I'm afraid I can't make a full commitment, right now, under these circumstances. If you won't accept this answer, I'll be forced to leave. I hope you understand."

It was not the ringing endorsement that Zey had received from Battershell, but it would have to do. He wouldn't go sending this young woman off at any rate. The Force had brought her here, and for that there had to be a reason. He thought briefly on what she had said, about not making a connection with anyone and thought of a young padawan who was very much alone at the moment. He reached out with his feelings, and Alisha's whereabouts became readily apparent. She made no attempts to mask her emotions, they radiated from her like a beacon. "Knight Loother," he paused and gave the woman a warm smile. "Kambie, I believe there is a padawan in the hanger bay who very much also would like someone to connect with here. Perhaps even a Knight to train her now if you are willing."

TAG: Tim Battershell, Falcon, Runjedirun, indirectly everyone else in the Grand Hall.

[​IMG]

10. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Temple of Light, Grand Hall

...Alec was conflicted.

It was something he rarely felt, even rarer for him to really allow himself to feel. More importantly, however, it was because there was really no reason for him to feel conflicted. As many twists and dark turns the galaxy liked to throw at him that would have him running more than fighting, he had taken it all in stride. No matter how much of the galaxy the Sith brought within their folds, no matter how many friends and allies were killed, no matter how bleak the future seemed to be, Alec always had that one thing that had been constant in his life: to become a Jedi.

Even if the light was on the verge of being completely snuffed out by the dark side, even if he would one day fall, he would do so with no regrets because everything that he had done, every action he had taken, was all so that he could live up to the philosophies of the Jedi Order. From his acceptance on Ossus to this twist that had saw him on this uncharted world, he had done nothing but follow what his teachers and the Jedi Code taught him. It had seen him through for so much and he would like to think that it would continue to do so for however many years was left for him.

And Master Zey was asking him to throw it all away.

That was an extreme way to look at it and Alec knew it. Still, how the former General had used the word renounce in terms of his affiliation with the New Jedi Order had thrown Alec a bit off.

Was he, too, expected to renounce his affiliation with the New Jedi Order? The thought was the reason for this sense of conflict that he felt. What would that mean? Was he supposed to forget about the Order and the going-ons in the Core Worlds in favor for this group of Force-users that were shrouded in secrecy, doing what they do to their own views of the light?

It wouldn't trouble Alec so much if the Guardians didn't seem so mismatched at best and, at worst, tumultuous. The New Jedi Order, at least, were centered on traditions and ideals that their members followed that not only guided them but brought them all back together once there came a break in the shadow that had been cast by Darth Krayt and his Sith Empire. Although he himself had been exiled for a time, when he rejoined the Order he had felt like he had come back to brothers and sisters in arms, all of them joined by a simple cause.

Here with the Guardians? He didn't feel like that. He felt...wary. Since arriving he had seen members lose their senses, gatherings of Mandalorian and yet another rogue group of Force-users like the Journeymens moving as they pleased, and there was the fact that this group was made up of people that had come from so many walks of life but gathered here because of either chance (such as himself) or some desires that - at times - seemed a bit selfish. A few were definitely damaged in some way. It was difficult for him to relate to the group.

Alec would fight. He would take up his lightsaber and talents with the Force and follow the light but he couldn't give himself up to a group like the Guardians free of worries. He wanted to remain as Alec Vandel of the Jedi Order.

That too he recognized as being shortsighted, possibly selfish. No matter where a Jedi would find themselves, they were expected to uphold their duties to the light side of the Force. But for Alec he would follow it as he had been taught as a student of the Jedi Order.

He couldn't become a Guardian. It just didn't feel right. More than likely this was due to some failing on his part but he couldn't renounce his affiliation to something that had always been so stable in his life until now. Even if Zey had managed to do it just like that...

Alec sighed, his green-eyed gaze focused on the former Master of the Jedi Order. Watching him speak to the one who was now known as Knight Loother of the Guardians of Light, Alec waited until he was noticed. He expected that the now Grand Master would pick up on his troubles and want a word with him.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Everyone Else

BookExogorth, Falcon and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

"I can sense the Force begging me to notice you. I'm beginning to wonder if that's how my former master felt when she took me under her wing. She told me I would know when the time was right to take on a padawan learner of my own. I'm wondering if you would like to be my padawan learner?"

"I would be honoured to learn from you, Master! I feel I have come a fair way already with the help of Luke, Mara, Corran and Kyle, but recent events have exposed the limitations of attempting to train myself, especially while alone in my ship. My abilities at both sensing truth or falsehood and interpreting the emotional state of other beings are sadly deficient, although reading their Body Language does give me a clue in the latter case. There are almost certainly other things that I should be able to do, but that haven't 'taken', as well."

Just then the veteran Jedi spoke again; ""Knight Sherland, I believe you and padawan Battershell would work very well together not only in determining the cause of Sitan's behavior, but also perhaps as Master and padawan learner. If you are willing to train him of course Kasha.... The investigation of Sitan's behavior is yours. At the moment padawan Thrace is watching over him. Relieve him when you deem necessary and send him to me. I have things to discuss with the padawan." On hearing this, Tim turned towards the General and bowed to indicate his willingness to undertake both assignments.

TAG: Falcon, Bardan_Jusik, indirectly - others in the Grand Hall.

BookExogorth, Falcon and Chewbacca89 like this.
  12. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC: Ian Thrace
    Temple of Light, Detention Level

Clueless. If there was one word to describe how Ian felt right now it was clueless. Yesterday, after the Mandalorians or Journeymen or whatever they called themselves had left, there had been some sort of emergency that had taken place. Ian wasn't sure on all the details, and he doubted he ever would be. All he did know was that at the end of some sort of chase Mr. Sitan had been thrown into one of the cells here, with orders from Master Zey and the Council to be under constant surveillance. Ian had been lucky enough to miss out on the first few watch rotations, but had drawn the short end of the stick and been ordered to look after the Caamasi during the meeting that was going on in the Grand Hall.

That just left another thing for Ian to be clueless about. While all that went on up there, he was stuck down here watching the furred Jedi, if that's what he was now, sleep on the hard backed platform in his cell. At least he thought he was sleeping, Ian didn't have the ability to discern whether the prisoner was awake or not, but he was laying there so Ian assumed that he was still asleep. Ian didn't really know why he had to be down here. Sure it made sense he guessed for there to be some Jedi presence here in case Sitan tried to escape again, but Ian knew that he would stand no chance against anyone that could break out of the cell. he had heard that they were rated for keeping Force users inside, but he had no idea what that had meant. He just hoped it meant that he wouldn't have to use the lightsaber clipped to his belt. He stood more chance of cleaving his own arm off than he did of stopping any sort of threat.

He wanted to reach out into the Force and "touch" Sitan, to try to see what this was all about, but he was afraid to. Instead he thought about the Grand Hall and the meeting going on there. He couldn't sense much, lots of people, surprise and maybe even some sadness. Without any context he couldn't make any sense of all of that either. So he was back at square one, sitting here watching a sleeping or not sleeping prisoner and feeling just as clueless as ever.

TAG: Chewbacca89

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Eira Dryn
    Grand Hall

The more Master Zey spoke, the more Eira grew restless. As if enough hadn't gone wrong in the few days she'd been there, the Grand Masters had left - both of them - and any sense of a proper hierarchy had vanished. While she didn't know too much of the Jedi, and even less of the Guardians, it seemed to her that they ought to be organised, or at least more prepared; she knew gangs that were better organised than this bunch.

"I would ask that all of those who are here and not yet full members of the GoL to pledge their allegiance to the cause of light, and the protection of it from the darkness." His gaze moved from them to look over everyone who had assembled in the hall. "And I ask everyone to stand with me, to fight the darkness as we live up to our ideals and our name as Guardians of Light!"

That... didn't seem like a good idea. Tim announced his intentions to join them publicly, and Eira watched the woman who'd brought them soup the other day go to speak to Master Zey privately. The padawan Alec didn't make a move just yet, and she wasn't sure what to make of it herself. Master Zey had seemed to be addressing the four of them specifically - it seemed the other three weren't Guardians either - but Eira was unsure. Everything that had happened, that had gone wrong... this place didn't seem safe.

And she hadn't come to join them. A few had listened, a few had offered aid in her quest, but the longer she stayed the less likely it seemed they'd really be able to help her. Maybe it would be best to leave before she got trapped in their trainings or whatever they thought they could offer her. But she resisted the flight urge, keeping her feet planted on the floor and her arms stubbornly crossed.

Leave or stay; the question she'd been juggling since she arrived. Eira glanced at the other non-Guardians; Tim's route was not for her, the other two she sensed - or perhaps imagined - hesitance, so she was pretty sure she wasn't alone in this.

Maybe... maybe she could bring herself to ask. Ask for aid, then make her decision, free from the pressing urge of this... task. Maybe she could find Reth and even get her to come back and they could be trained together; no, that was wishful thinking. Finding her sister would be enough for now, then she might return.

So she waited for a moment to speak to Master Zey privately. And really, she'd met him the other day, he seemed a nice enough Jedi; surely he would help.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, great hall group

14. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

Turning back to his brand-new Master, Tim spoke again;

"Master, hopefully Grandmaster Decinchi's condition will prove to be just temporary - that Dark Crystal and its controllers wouldn't have wanted such a powerful Jedi detecting their activities, and now that it is destroyed, its influence may dissipate with time and meditation. However, if it does not, Kyle's recordings did indicate that he also had to reconnect to the Force at one point in his career. He did so at a place he called "The Valley of the Jedi" which, as he spoke of it being some kind of Jedi Memorial, I believe may be located on Ruusan. At least, Ruusan is the only world I've ever seen mentioned in connection with any Memorial to Jedi war-dead. Very, very, very much a last-resort option; but I thought I'd better mention it in case you wished to relay the information to your great-grandmother at an appropriate time.

Regarding Allynic, various pieces of information lead me to suspect that he is a Knight Consular of the Old Jedi Order who was caught up in Order 66 or its aftermath and has been in some form of suspended animation since. Caamasi Jedi never seem to have been particularly numerous, even before Palpsidious had their homeworld firestormed and killed most of the population. Distinctive as Caamasi are, I think that one joining the NJO or the Guardians in more recent times would have been widely noticed and remarked upon.

Miss Sandstrider thought that Allynic might have arrived aboard an old Dynamic-class, the security recordings from the Hangar will confirm or deny that for us. I also suspect that our Major Taab could shed some light on the subject - he completely evaded answering the question I put to him in the Library, but now that we're on special assignment for the acting-Grandmaster, he may decide it's in his interests to be more forthcoming. Also, unless you know where Allynic is being detained, we're going to need to be directed there; so Major Taab and the Command Centre would seem a good starting point; if you agree, Master.

After that, with your permission, I'll continue to brief you on the way. Padawan Thrace is, in my view, a good enough lad, but he appears to lack self-confidence and, being young, I doubt he has our experience of seeing-through trickery and deception! I'll be happier when at least one of us is there to support and relieve him."

Tim was pleased, despite feeling a bit like an over-armed pirate, that he'd slipped his two hold-out blasters into the special holsters built into the back of his Utility Belt when dressing. If he'd had even one of them to hand in the Library yesterday, Miss Lenea might not have been injured. Another lesson from yesterday; he also now had his emergency kit attached to the belt. Even if not needed, it would at least help to conceal the tell-tale bulges!

TAG: Falcon, indirectly - Bardan_Jusik and others in Grand Hall.

BookExogorth and Falcon like this.
  15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Temple of Light

Kasha gave a slight smile as she listened to Tim talk. He made a few good points, she wasn't sure about sorting through Allynic's files to find more information about him. Keira had mentioned to her before they left sensing something to do with Palpatine. If that was the case, then Allynic was well over a hundred years old and Palpatine had imprinted something on his brain that the Caasami could not handle or control. The puzzling part was sensing a second presence, this would definitely be an interesting case to look into. "I highly doubt Taab will know too much about Allynic. There is more to this then it looks and it will be beyond his understanding. The only thing he can tell us is about the ship he came in. I do agree we should relieve Thrace right away. We should stop and get directions to the detaining area."

Kasha turned towards the entrance of the grand hall. "Have you ever thought about being a historian? I think you would make a good one. Come Padawan, we have a mystery to solve."

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth likes this.
  16. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

"Have you ever thought about being a historian? I think you would make a good one."

"Some interest in, and knowledge of, History is practically inevitable when one is an avid reader from a family like mine, Master. My step-great-grandfather - a New Republic Diplomatic Representative to the Empire of the Hand who got to know Admiral Parck and Baron Fell quite well. My grandmother, Nana Evlyn - born in the wreck of Outbound Flight. My mother - a Farlander. That's a lot of history and family papers right there!

However, I'm a Computer Programmer by training - and a slicer by aptitude! I've been employed as a Security Systems Analyst, then a Backstage Assistant, Props Manager and Pilot to a travelling Illusionist and learnt enough from him to put on my own Performances - either for chidren or small groups of adults. When Prestorious was killed by a Bounty Hunter who mistook him for a Jedi-in-hiding, I found that he had left me everything, including an extremely indecent sum of Credits. So, just to have something to do, I went to work for my best friend as a Consultant to Agamar Security Force, also lecturing part-time at the ASF Academy on Computer Slicing techniques. That's what I was doing when I was told I was Force-sensitive. Oh, and at thirteen Joph and I built the first-ever Thrust-Sailers. They're still popular forms of get-about transport on Agamar as they don't need any high-tech components like Repulsors. Xenoarchaeology and History are certainly interests of mine, though I'd rank them in that order.

If I remember correctly, Rogue Squadron encountered two varieties of mind-compelled 'sleeper-agents' around the time of the first Liberation of Coruscant. One type was created by psycology and torture, the other by chemicals. Both had two things in common, though; the first being that they required a trigger-phrase to activate the 'sleeper' programming; the second being that an afflicted individual with a solid enough reason could modify their orders slightly. Not enough to completly go against the mind-control, but just enough to limit the damage. One victim left himself wide open to a pursuing fighter by switching his X-Wing's shields to double-front, for instance.

I doubt that my 'Mr. Sitan.... Nice to see you again' would be used as a trigger - too liable to set Ally off by accident during the course of normal conversation. The other topics of discussion at the time were the Ruins and the Rakata. Few enough ordinary people are likely to mention 'Rakata' in casual conversation that I could see that word being employed.

Whatever did set Ally off, he definitely swayed, then said 'It is time' and then drew and activated his Lightsaber.

TAG: Falcon, indirectly - any others in the Grand Hall close enough to hear Tim talking.

BookExogorth and Chewbacca89 like this.
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner

Hearing what the new Master stated he simply stood there for a moment. Slightly in shock, Grand Master Decinchi was gone? Not only that but that something had severed a great pillar of the Guardians of Light in such a way was astounding. Also largely disturbing was the loss of the Grand Master he had been Knighted under. With both of their long lives and his departure he had missed the growing of the current Grand Master. . .ex-Grand Master from Padawan to that level.

Still as he stood there he noted the discomfort of the one who had met him in the snow and felt his own speak in sympathy to the emotion. Pacing sideways he came near the Jedi from the Known Galaxy and simply whispered his own thoughts on the matter. "I never denounced the Order. I kept both flames, though this was tended brighter I shall always keep a candle for where I began. Leaders come and go, things change and bend, but the purity of spiritual conviction does not end as words falling from mouths. Some things are too strong for that, if you will forgive my intrusion." Shifting from foot to foot he felt his sliding center slowly begin to come back into focus as he dealt verbally with what was troubling his own heart. Will that and a sick hive, but dinner would tend to itself later.

TAG: Sarge221, Others at Grand Hall

18. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Kambie Loother

"Knight Loother," he paused and gave the woman a warm smile. "Kambie, I believe there is a padawan in the hanger bay who very much also would like someone to connect with here. Perhaps even a Knight to train her now if you are willing."

Kambie reached out towards the hanger bay with the Force. Sure enough she detected a troubled Force user. One who definitely needed some guidance in how not to broadcast their feelings. She sensed someone who was upset, lost, even angry. These were natural feelings but for someone with Jedi talents they could also be dangerous.

“I will go check on the Padawan” Kambie said in reply to Zey’s request. “If there is a bond between us and she is ready to take on a master at this time I will do my best.”

Kambie quickly made her way to the hanger and to the ship where she could sense the Padawan. The hatch was open, hoping not to startle the girl too much she called out “Hello? I know you may not be up for a visitor right now, but you have one.” She made her way up to the cockpit and saw a young Togruta in the midst of a breakdown. Instinctively she slowly made her way to the girl’s side and gave her a gentle reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. “My name is Kambie Loother. I’d like to help. Please tell me what troubles you.”
    Tag: Padawan4687

19. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Alec Vandel
    Saridona Prime, Temple of Light, Grand Hall

"I never denounced the Order. I kept both flames, though this was tended brighter I shall always keep a candle for where I began. Leaders come and go, things change and bend, but the purity of spiritual conviction does not end as words falling from mouths. Some things are too strong for that, if you will forgive my intrusion."

Alec had noted the intrusion but said nothing against it. Recognizing the Kubaz - made easy by how he was the only one on the planet right now -, Alec listened to Hochner's words in silence. The sole movement he made to show that he was listening was a slight shift of his chin. When Hochner finished, the young Jedi shifted back to face forward again, green eyes staring ahead thoughtfully.

Things change and bend but, to Alec, the Jedi Order had remained constant. It has existed for thousands of years, nearly been destroyed a few times, but when it came back together its structure remained the same except for a few changes of the rules and traditions. Its latest reincarnation was, however, the most different it had been with the NJO having decided to drift away a bit from the New Republic-turned-Galactic Alliance. It still held strong ties to it though and the Order was now part of a ruling triumvirate to bring the Core of the galaxy back together.

...But there's trouble out here. While the One Sith had been scattered, their members still remained which included the Outer Rim and Unknown Regions. And with the whole thing with the Rakata...Alec supposed that he could work with the Guardians out here.

He didn't think he had to be a Guardian to help out here. He could stick to the Order and maybe that would be enough. The Guardians were still far from a united fighting force but with Jedi like him and Master Zey, perhaps they can at least be examples to help point them in the right direction. As of right now, Alec still found the Guardians to be a bit problematic but things could change. Although not the Jedi Order, they could bring the light on this section of the galaxy in a way that none of the other Force-using groups like the Jensaarai couldn't. It was logical to add what he knew here to help bolster their forces.

Exhaling deeply, Alec nodded gently. At the very least, they didn't have to worry about his dedication to the Force. He could work with them.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Bardan_Jusik, Grand Hall People

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    OOG OOC: I have Tim's permission to move his character.

Temple of Light

Kasha smiled as she listened to Tim talk and boy could he talk. She hoped he was short on words when it came to fighting. She remembered a part of Fress's history that made her want to study Luke's holo recordings and teachings. "I remember reading in Fress Colias's profile she was friends with Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars and Ahsoka Tano. It must've been difficult to find themselves on opposite sides of the enemy line. Mace Windu brought her into the temple, took her on as a padawan learner and she left the path of a Jedi when she fell in love with the Admirals son. She even noted that Mace wasn't too keen on her flirting with Darin the day they met," she smiled. "I hope I can be as strong as her when a Jedi falls in love. Both my husband and I know our duties as Jedi and no matter the situation we find ourselves in. We vowed that if the other dies then I don't go after him or he doesn't go after me. No sense in completely orphaning our children. If it ever came down to it."

Kasha and Tim stepped outside the Grand Hall and began to walk towards the security center. ""Padawan, do you know your strengths with the Force yet? What your limitations are?"

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth and Tim Battershell like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    TCC, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

The bright lights of the monitoring station reflected harshly off of the Mandalorian's T-Visor as he paced behind the consoles. The Guardians had been operating on a "reduced staff" ever since his arrival here and so he was not bothered at having to man the command center of the Temple on his own. In fact, truth be told, he rather enjoyed it. No shabla spoonbenders trying to get inside his head. No idle chit-chat or getting to know any of the people here. He far preferred it that way. Made it easier to think of this as just a job and not real people he was protecting.

The departure of Spoonbender (Josch) himself along with a couple of others had caught him by surprise. He hadn't been told the details, and he really didn't need to know them. He just knew that Spoonbender wanted to research his roots more fully. Taab shrugged at the thought. Such things didn't matter much to him, it was what one did now, in the present that defined them. Any clan could be reformed through current actions. So though it was something he didn't fully understand, it was something he accepted. He had to, Spoonbender wasn't here.

Of course a majority of the Journeyman had also left at around the same time. He didn't have an exact count on who all had stayed yet, but it couldn't have been more than a handful. Taab missed the muscle that they could have provided should the worst occur, but he couldn't blame them for wanting to find a new base for themselves. He didn't really want to hang about with this group of Jedi either, but a contract was a contract. At least the Redemption was still in orbit, she should be able to take care of any unwanted guests that came around snooping in the area. Of course she also went against the idea of the Temple lying low. It was a trade off, but one that the Jedi leadership must be willing to make, at least for now.

As to the Jedi leadership, Taaab didn't have much knowledge of that. He did know that with the rescue of so many Jedi from the nearby ruins that a rudimentary council had been formed. Blowhard (Zey) seemed to have taken a leadership role there, or at least become their mouthpiece to the rest of the Temple. He was the one who had assigned Taab to the TCC during his announcement, and that a full Jedi compliment would be relieving him as soon as the assembly was done. Taab could tell the man trusted him even less than Spoonbender had, but that he had little choice in keeping him around. Yes, there were more Jedi around than before. Enough now even to fully man the TCC around the clock. But they were mostly coming off their own traumatic experiences, and the General was a military man, he knew he needed fighters around, at least for the time being.

Taab shrugged. None of this really mattered so long as the this Temple was kept safe. Hopefully his employer would arrive soon though so that Taab could conclude this contract and move on. Until then he would wait and do his duty. After all, a man had to earn a living.

He paused before the monitor that looked over the detention area. The one threat that the GoL knew about was still resting safely inside his cage. The cells had been designed to keep force users inside, so Taab wasn't too worried about an escape. Still he agreed with Blowhard's idea to keep a Jedi on watch over the prisoner (Allynic) at all times. What he didn't agree with was the current choice now on duty. Twitchy (Ian) wasn't nearly up to the task of being able to stop the prisoner if he should somehow manage to escape. Taab wasn't even sure if he would be a speedbump for the prisoner. Movement on another monitor caught his attention. It was Momma (Kasha) and Verbal (Tim) making their way to the stockade. Good, they were the ones who had apprehended the prisoner in the first place. They would do a far better job of keeping things under control.

Taab allowed himself to relax slightly now and moved off to another monitor continuing his unseen virtual patrol...

TAG: No one really. Falcon, Tim Battershell, Chewbacca89 and Gotab indirectly.

Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

As Knight Loother accepted her new assignment with grace Zey closed his eyes briefly and drew in a deep breath. He had intended for his words to be inspirational to the group of disparate Jedi here, to let them all know that they fought for a common cause. But there was much...concern that could be felt in the Grand Hall. Some of it was easy to discern a cause for. Young padawan Tano for instance and the loss of her Master. Opening his eyes he glanced to Padawan Vandel who was speaking with the Kubaz Knight, Trevalus. Zey nodded his head to himself slighty. Yes the padawan too was troubled as well, and again Zey should not have been surprised. He would speak to the young Jedi soon about things, but for now Zey's attention was drawn to another.

Eira Dryn. She was....anxious. Or perhaps restless would be the better term. Zey knew that Vandel's Jedi sense of duty would keep him around at least until Zey had a chance to speak with him on things. He wasn't so sure about her though. So as soon as his short conversation with Loother was concluded he approached the Arkanian offshoot.

Once again adopting his overly friendly smile he asked her simply, and quietly. "What troubles you my dear?"

TAG: Rebecca_Daniels (others in the Grand Hall)

[​IMG]

BookExogorth and Tim Battershell like this.
  22. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    IC: Allynic Sitan (Darth Sitan)

Allynic was laying on his cot in the detention center. Darth Sitan was doing the same, pretending to sleep. He could sense the presence of someone outside his cell, watching. He could also sense a gathering of sorts upstairs. He had no recollection of what had happened in the hanger or how he came to be here. He remembered first gaining "conciseness" and his crazed attack in the library. Then he had fled and wound up in a river that brought him right back to the temple. Then he had went nuts in the hanger, attacking anything in sight. Now he was here. He vaguely remembered getting hit with a tornado or sorts and a blasting hit of the light side of the Force.

He continued to pretend to sleep as he thought about what to do next. It was vital he escape this cell, but that would never happen if they thought he was a crazed Sith. When he had first been "activated" he didn't have a high state of intelligence. It had just been rash emotional actions such as "attack" or "run." It had been awhile though, and he was starting to adapt and grow. Now he would use deceit and careful planning. The longer he remained in this body, the stronger and more intelligent he would get.

His plan formulated, he pretended to wake up and rolled over to face his guard. He pretended to struggle to get up, feigning weakness. He sent out feelings of pain and fear into the Force, so this guard would think him weak. "Hello," he said, in a shaky voice. "Where am I?"

Tag: Gotab

Tim Battershell likes this.
  23. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    En-route to Detention Area - Temple of Light

"Padawan, do you know your strengths with the Force yet? What your limitations are?" Master Kasha asked as they left the Grand Hall.

"I believe my strongest suit is sensory enhancement, at least at the moment, Master. I could and did practice that while flying the "Illusion".

Telekinetic skills are there, but I need to practice them more to improve my control. I can float my Lightsaber to where I want it to go - slowly - but it has a tendency to become a projectile if I try to do so more rapidly. Calling it to my hand, I don't seem to have the same problem.

Sensing works, including Danger Sense, but is very short-range, and virtually line-of-sight at present.

Pain Suppression and Self-Healing I don't know about yet; having them would have been handy when I did this;" here he pulled up his left sleeve to expose the burn-scar on his forearm.

"Truthsense and interpreting other beings' Sensed emotions I told you about - very weak through not being around other sentients all that much for the last two years. Likewise the infamous 'Mind Trick'; although as Luke and Corran both warned that it could be a corrupting influence, I'm not even sure I want to add it to my capabilities.

Swordcraft; well I've had nearly thirty years experience against ordinary folk; sparring, mock duels and even some competitive bouts with a variety of bladed weapons; and I've kept in practice, more-or-less. How that will translate to mock combat against Jedi (or full-on combat against Sith) I've yet to establish.

Blocking and/or deflecting Blaster fire; not bad, provided the bolts aren't coming in from sources spread at too wide an angle. It helps that my style is quite compact and economical - it approximates to Makashi, but isn't really. Too many influences from Tapani Lightfoil techniques and the very ancient, and all-but-forgotten, metal-bladed, dueling styles."

TAG: Falcon

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  24. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Alisha Tano

Alisha’s mind was filled with thoughts of her former Master. When she was first made his apprentice, his first assignments, and even her encounter with the Vision. He had promised to teach her mental defenses that day...Reaching into her pocket, she drew out a tiny blue crystal; her own, chosen on that same wretched day. That crystal that placed her in the Guardian class of Jedi. He was supposed to teach her how to build her own lightsaber...

Lies, lies…all lies!

Gazing at the gem in her hand, Alisha suddenly clenched her fist tightly against it. Half-hoping to crush it, to grind it to dust and let it fall outside her ship’s open ramp. A cleaner droid would sweep it up, dump it somewhere, and Alisha would be rid to it. Rid of the name Decinchi...

It was then that Alisha realized she was no longer alone in the Twilight. A second aura was right beside her... It seemed that her every single attempt of hers to be alone translated to an “I AM HERE! COME FIND ME!” to the Force. Ridiculous. Couldn't the Force tell that she didn't feel like talking to anybody?! Or seeing anybody?

A hand gently laid itself onto her shoulder, at the same time as a woman’s voice.
    “My name is Kambie Loother.” The woman had said, “I’d like to help…Please, tell me what troubles you."

Alisha immediately leapt out of the chair, trying desperately to clear her tear-stained face. Taking several seconds to compose herself, she took a deep breath.

What do you care? she briefly thought. You’re a stranger!

“I’m.....I'm an Initiate all over again!” she abruptly snapped, the words spilling out of her. “I was Padawan to the Grandmaster, and now he’s suddenly off to find the answer to the supposed loss of his Force Connection, when he’s probably going to make heart eyes at his wife the whole time! Not that he bothered to explain!”

Alisha abruptly snapped her mouth shut; she didn’t mean to say all that! She was horrible at keeping to herself….Lifting her sleeve to cover her eyes, she could feel the tears threatening to spill once again.

TAG: Runjedirun

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Temple of Light, en route to the detention center

Kasha gave a slight smile and nodded. She had a feeling it wouldn't take too long to fully train Tim. It sounded like he just need a few touch ups. "I can teach you how to block pain and self-healing as far as my knowledge is, is through what's called a healing trance. I'm not very strong in that area, my husband has a better understanding of it and has better control. We can start with meditation and telekinetic skills running you through a few tests to see how much control you have then we will turn your weaknesses into strengths," she paused for a second as she sensed Sitan/Allynic awaking. "I sense our prisoner is awake, I sense fear but if he's still dabbling in the dark side I fear it's a ploy for the guard."

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.