main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    En-route to Detention Area - Temple of Light

"I can teach you how to block pain and self-healing as far as my knowledge is, is through what's called a healing trance. I'm not very strong in that area, my husband has a better understanding of it and has better control. We can start with meditation and telekinetic skills running you through a few tests to see how much control you have then we will turn your weaknesses into strengths.... I sense our prisoner is awake, I sense fear but if he's still dabbling in the dark side I fear it's a ploy for the guard."

Tim was pleased that his Master seemed satisfied with most of his progress to date. Luke, Mara, Corran and Kyle were, even as holo-recordings, very good teachers and described the various techniques in great detail - the only problem was that they were not there in person to detect if his understanding of their descriptions was faulty and he had been practicing the techniques wrongly. Although the remote-teaching method had apparently worked for Tyria Sarkin Tainer, she had had a lot longer than two years to study every nuance in detail. Records he'd seen said that she had turned herself into a Jedi Knight, but did not disclose if she had needed personal remedial training under a living Master before that Knighthood had become an actuality.

The information on Allynic's current status was slightly concerning. Ian Thrace did not seem too worldly-wise for his years, although he had apparently come into contact with sleight-of-hand techniques. Tim had seen him watching the basic exercises he had run through in the Cafeteria, not in the manner of an audience member ('Punter' to Prestorious, 'Mark' to most other Illusionists Tim had met) but in a measuring fashion, like he knew exactly what Tim was doing; and how it was achieved.

"Still outside my range, Master, unhappily! Some haste probably wouldn't come amiss, though, just in case. Didn't get to tell you before; my normal blade setting won't even slice a topato, but it can temporarily incapacitate a struck limb in a very painful way! Don't think Allynic's been dabbling in the dark side, at least not voluntarily, though; got a foul taste in my mouth back in the Library, also (but not as intense) in the Hangar before you knocked him out with whatever it was you did. Same foul taste I always got from being in the Infinite Empire Artefact vaults at the University back home; but not from being near Sith when I was with Prestorious. Palpsidious' goons reportedly helped themselves to the pick of the University's collection, around the time of the Purge; we could be up against some of that!"

TAG: Falcon

BookExogorth likes this.
  2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider and Lenea Sandstrider
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light

Listening to Zey's speech brought some...unwelcome feelings to Daniel's mind. He already wasn't happy about being on the surface, as what had happened in those ruins was still very fresh in his mind. And now the entire reason he was here (being called by the Grandmaster) was gone? Not to mention losing his connection to the Force...it was hard to imagine that. And certainly not something Daniel was inclined to think about.

Of course, being deep in thought means he missed something, judging from Lenea poking him in the ribs. Looking down, he saw a bit of worry in her blue eyes. Something was up.

"What is it?" he asked mentally, to avoid distracting anyone.

Lenea raised an eyebrow but replied over the link herself, "Two things. One of the Padawans just ran out and didn't look good. The other Padawan, Thrace, is the one guarding Crazy Caamasi."

Daniel's own eyebrow went up, "What's wrong with him watching Sitan?"

Lenea sighed, "While I feel like a jerk for saying this, the kid...."

"Hardly a kid when he's only a couple years younger than you sis."

"...oh shut up. Anyway, I'm worried he isn't the right choice here. He's not experienced enough if Crazy Caamasi tries escaping again."

Daniel tapped his chin thoughtfully. His sister did have a point there. Then again, who would she have sent down there? Herself? Of course, that wasn't going to happen since he could see her absently rubbing the bandage on her arm. The scar that would surely be left behind would always be there, and probably always be a reminder to her what had happened.

How ironic...two siblings, one with a physical scar and one with mental scars. This whole mission just did not go well. At least they didn't have to worry about what Zey had asked, considering that their entire homeworld was affiliated with the GoL these days. Either way though, all the pair did was think...think and wonder if they would be asked to do anything.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik and the rest of the hall (if anyone notices the mental back-and-forth)

BookExogorth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Temple of Light enroute to Detention Centre

Kasha gave a short nod in agreement to Tim's theory. "Before Keira left, she told me that she picked up thoughts of Palpatine manipulating Allynic as a prisoner. If that's true, then Allynic is older then he looks. Maybe around one hundred and fifty, maybe more. If that's the case and Palpatine implanted a command then something triggered that command. The trick would be to find some way through the Force to reverse it. I have a feeling that's what we're really up against, shadows of Palpatine."

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth and Chewbacca89 like this.
  4. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    En-route to Detention Area - Temple of Light

Tim noticed the nod and was grateful that he and his Master at least appeared to be reading from the same book, even if (at this stage) not from exactly the same chapter and page.

"At least a hundred and eighty years old, Master, assuming Ally was Knighted sometime before Order Sixty-Six and went through the Old Order's normal periods of Initiate and Padawan training.

The questions now would seem to be; did your blast of Light-side energy work and send Dark Ally packing? Or has Dark Ally just gone dormant again, or is he still in control?

I feel that Jedi Ally would, because of his training, be far more patient and accepting of restrictions than Dark Ally ever could. So, even if our Force senses don't give us the answer directly, we could probably deduce it from behaviour and attitude. Especially if he's told he'll only be leaving that cell when the Council's sure he'll pose no further danger to others!

Can you see another way forward, Master?"

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Temple of Light, en-route to detention level

Kasha shook her head. "No I can't. Even though using the light side to break someone free of the dark side has worked in the past. Threw Luke Skywalker's teachings he's demonstrated more then a few times it can be done. He never was able to convince his nephew to leave the dark side behind him. One has to be willing to change in order to fully break free of the dark side. Kyp Durron pulled Jaina Solo back from the dark side through a vision. He wouldn't back down from her behaviour even though how he put it in his teaching holo she had blasted him with lightning trying to get him to back off from her. He knew she was at a crucial point.. He also was dabbling in the dark side and Han Solo convinced him to come back, he also admitted to feeling the hold of Exar Kun's spirit losing his control over him as Skywalker's first set of students faced off against the Sith Lord's spirit. Luke Skywalker also mentioned something about Endor and how Palpatine's presence can still be felt from where he died on the second death star. The Falcon was orbiting Endor and Leia felt Palpatine trying to take over her. She passed out and didn't remember anything between what happened after she felt his presence until she woke up a few minutes later."

Kasha looked forward as she noted they were close to the detention level. She stretched out with the Force and felt for Allynic's presence. She sensed fear and confusion but she also knew it could be a ploy. "I like your idea about what to tell Allynic to see how his reaction would be. The real question would be is will he fake patience if my blast of light didn't work. One way to find out."

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth likes this.
  6. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Nearing Detention Area - Temple of Light

"Numerous times during my childhood, Mother told me I'd test the patience of a Jedi, Master; though I doubt she had this kind of situation in mind when she said it!"; Tim replied with a wry grin and a chuckle.

"I think we can string Ally along for at least a few days by running a full battery of detailed medical tests on him. We can even impose a further delay while I design and build an ultra-sensitive, very high resolution, medical scanner. I've done that sort of job before; with the Illusion's sensor suite.

Very much as a last resort, we might even arrange with Padawan Thrace to pretend to be deceived into opening and/or entering Ally's cell - with either or both of us waiting out of sight with our Force presences damped as far down as we can get them; a 'Sting Operation', in other words! I don't like the thought of possibly putting young Ian at risk, but we can moderate it as much as can be; turn his Lightsaber down to Training Level, perhaps, or simply remove the crystals! But both Ian and whoever is to be his new Master would have to freely give their informed consent to that, in advance.

What completely escapes me is the why and the how of it, though. Palpsidious had a number of turned Jedi at his beck and call, most of whom went into his 'Inquisitorious' as Jedi hunters. He also had Vader. Granted, none of them were likely to be as welcome everywhere, and as trusted by all, as a Caamasi; but having made Ally into a virtually perfect 'Sleeper Agent' he seems to have just put him into long-term storage; and drastically reduced the numbers of live Caamasi into the bargain. I can't see any logic in that.

Also, if he created Dark Ally using just his command of the Force - and we don't know exactly how powerful he really was - why not several, why not a hundred or so? Deploy them to nip the Alliance in the bud before it even became the Alliance; which doesn't seem to have happened.

So, I'd recommend a detailed look inside Ally's head as soon as possible, Master, and hope there's some physical, Force-imbued, implant involved that the Med-Droids can remove without killing Ally in the process!"

BookExogorth likes this.
  7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Enroute to the detention area

Kasha gave a small grin as she felt the bond strengthen between her and Tim. "You read my mind, padawan," she joked in a teasing tone. "I like the idea of asking Ian to act as a ploy for Allynic to see if he's willing to play nice or not. I would rather avoid opening the cell encase he's faking. It was hard enough to contain him the first time around."

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth likes this.
  8. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Approaching Detention Area - Temple of Light

"You read my mind, padawan.... I like the idea of asking Ian to act as a ploy for Allynic to see if he's willing to play nice or not." His Master replied, but then went on; "I would rather avoid opening the cell encase he's faking. It was hard enough to contain him the first time around."

"All Sting Operations involve a degree of calculated risk, Master. The bait has to appear enticing enough to tempt the subject into going all-out for his objective without a thought for possible traps. Him just sniffing at it won't tell us anything.

Remember that burn scar I showed you, Master? It came from my Saber when I, stupidly, very stupidly, tested what I call the 'Form Point-Five' setting on myself. Just the lightest of touches and all the nerves in that arm overloaded! That sent a massive jolt of pain right up into my brain and also caused all the muscles in the arm to contract at once. It ended up rigid as a durasteel bar for hours - until the overload started to dissipate and the muscles began to relax, I actually begun to think I'd permanently crippled myself! Then comes the pain from the muscle spasms and cramps, all on top of any from tears caused by the simultaneous contraction. And I call that a merciful option, compared to amputation!

If Caamasi physiology is anything like Human, even a grazing contact should be enough to drive coherent thought from Ally's head for several minutes!

Still, we can't make detailed plans, or do a proper risk assessment, until we've seen exactly how the Detention Area's laid out.

BookExogorth likes this.
  9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Temple of Light, Detention area

Kasha remained silent as the Detention area came in site. Tim was right, the only true way to gauge his intentions was to let Allynic out. She didn't like the idea too much but to gauge his reactions it had to be done. For all she knew her he could be faking to be weak and what not. It was the Sith way to take advantage of someone. She thought of Anakin's sister Anna and how she sacrificed herself so she could live. "I agree, it's the only way to get a real reading off him," she finally spoke as she stopped walking and lowered her voice. She looked at Tim and shook her head. "I know Anakin's sister spirit, Anna, told me not to blame myself for her death. In a way, it still felt like it was my fault she died. She sacrificed herself so I could live and be happy with her little brother. She knew we were meant to be together. I just wish our children could've met Anna. They really would've liked her. I was still a mere Padawan learner when the Sith attacked Ossus. One of the Dark Lords was attempting to kill a youngling and I stepped in prepared to give the youngling time to run. Then Anna stepped in, she told me to run and not look back. I ran back to the ship and joined Anakin and my master on board. Before I knew what was happening Anakin had shut the ramp when I asked him what about your sister. He knew his sister didn't want him coming after her and told me it had to be this way, just before the ramp closed shut, Anna was cut down.

We were deciding on names and I knew Anna had a middle name, Mekaila. We named Mekaila after her Aunt. If it wasn't for Anna, Anakin and I would've never lived to get married and have children," she smiled sadly and shook her head. "I hope I can help Allynic break the hold of the Dark Side's influence."

Kasha thought about how to interact with Allynic. "I suggest we ask the guard to let us in and close the door behind us. So we have a quick way out if we need it. I don't know about you but, I really don't have the urge to chase him around the temple again."

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth likes this.
  10. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Outside Detention Area - Temple of Light

"I don't really fancy that either, Master. I know it's probably against Jedi etiquette, but can you handle one of these?"

Reaching behind him, he extracted the right-hand hold-out blaster from its small-of-his-back hiding place and passed it over.

"If you can hide that somewhere about you, Master, it's locked on stun setting and the powerpack's good for about twenty shots. I've got one as well. If you do need to use it, don't worry about clipping me with the stun-blasts, just shoot and keep on shooting until he's lying motionless on the floor."

With that, he took a precautionary hold of his Lightsaber's hilt, so to be an instant faster in sliding it forward and into action if required; preparatory to entering the Detention area itself.

BookExogorth likes this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Temple, Detention Centre

"it's been a while since I handled a blaster," Kasha accepted the blaster and checked to make sure the safety was off and it was indeed switched to stun, the last thing she needed on her conscious was accidentally hurting the prisoner. Nodding in satisfaction she glanced at Tim. "We have our plan and we're not going in without being armed. Shall we?"

Tim Battershell

BookExogorth likes this.
  12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Detention Area Entrance - Temple of Light

"It's been a while since I handled a blaster," his Master admitted, taking the weapon and checking it over. "At least she didn't just take my word for its status", Tim thought, "What is it with Jedi and blasters, anyway? Sure, trying to use a blaster against a Lightsaber-armed Force-user is usually a recipe for defeat, but blasters can have their uses, even then."

"We have our plan, Kasha continued, and we're not going in without being armed. Shall we?"

"Indeed, Master! Let's get this done!"

Taking the few extra paces necessary, and angling his path to come near to the opposite wall of the passageway, Tim came abreast of the doorway. Padawan Thrace became visible almost immediately, but it wasn't until Tim was actually on the threshold that he spotted Allynic in his cell - a positioning which gave him the germ of an idea to improve the security aspect of the 'Ploy', should they have to use it.

"Yes", he thought, "Repulsors mounted in a frame against the far opposite wall, with a Sensor-controlled actuator to turn them full-on if someone who isn't us tries to go through the doorway. Got all of that kit back aboard the 'Illusion'! It may have cost Prestorious his life, doing Jedi-type tricks with it, but it could come in handy now." The image of Dark Ally rushing to escape through the doorway and being unexpectedly, and unceremoniously, tossed backwards and dumped on his butt brought a prankster's grin to Tim's lips.

He had already decided that the Acting-Grandmaster's message would best be delivered by his Master, as the Senior member of the team; so broke off and to the side as soon as he cleared the doorway. Ally (whichever one he was at the moment) appeared to be awake and aware and the cell itself had nothing amiss with it by a quick visual inspection. The nasty taste, though, was in his mouth again.

"Took me all of ten minutes to puzzle it out, Ally", he said to the cell's occupant, "had an interruption or two, or I'd have been quicker. Better get comfortable, you're likely going to be here for a long time; certainly until the Council's convinced you're no longer any danger to others or their property. With Ysanne Iceheart's Sleeper Agents, that took years! Don't think they were ever fully trusted again, even after she got the heavy end of the hammer dropped on her!"

TAG: Falcon, Chewbacca89 - indirectly Gotab

BookExogorth likes this.
  13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Temple of Light, Detention Area outside of Allynics Cell

"What is it with Jedi and blasters, anyway? Sure, trying to use a blaster against a Lightsaber-armed Force-user is usually a recipe for defeat, but blasters can have their uses, even then."

Kasha glanced at Tim as they neared the cell as she thought over this last statement. "You would be surprised on how much deflecting blaster bolts can give you an advantage in a situation. When you completely give yourself to the Force you know exactly where that blaster bolt is going to hit giving you the advantage of dodging it, then disarming your opponent before he realizes what has taken place, besides Padawan, blasters are clumsy weapons, it takes more foresight to use a lightsaber compared to just pulling a trigger," she answered with a small smile as they stopped near Allynics cell. Ian was guarding the cell as she went to speak but Tim beat her too it.

"Took me all of ten minutes to puzzle it out, Ally", he said to the cell's occupant, "had an interruption or two, or I'd have been quicker. Better get comfortable, you're likely going to be here for a long time; certainly until the Council's convinced you're no longer any danger to others or their property. With Ysanne Iceheart's Sleeper Agents, that took years! Don't think they were ever fully trusted again, even after she got the heavy end of the hammer dropped on her!"

Kasha bit on her tongue as she shot her padawan a warning glare, she should've told Tim she wanted to do all the talking. Something to work on she thought with a slight smile. She stretched out with the Force and sensed Allynic was acting weak. But his stance, intense muscles spoke that he would run as soon as they opened the cell. That was not going to happen.. She waited to see what Allynic's reactions would be to Tim's proclamation.

Tim Battershell, Chewbacca89, Gotab

BookExogorth likes this.
  14. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    IC: Jedi Allynic/Darth Sitan

As Sitan waited for the Padawan outside his cell to respond, two more Jedi appeared outside his cell. One of them approached and began to address him.

Darth Sitan only half listened. As he listened, he rifled through Allynic's memories until he discovered who these new Jedi were. Allynic didn't seem to have a lot of information on them, but some things were obvious just from observation. The one named Kasha, who had chased him through the wilderness, shot Tim a warning glance after he spoke. This was good. She was also holding a tight smile that was somewhat revealing of the relationship between the two. Maybe he could play off that. Or, maybe….yes that would work better.

He tapped into Allynic, trapped within this body's mind and pulled out the Light side of the Force from him. He then let it pass through him and project outwards, so the other Jedi would feel it. He continued up with his weak facade, though it was obvious to the others that he was faking. That was the point, after all.

"Puzzle what out, Tim? I am grateful you have come to visit me," he said in a trembling voice. "I am afraid I don't know why I'm here. Perhaps you or your….Master could assist me?" He smiled, inwardly. She was his Master. That was the connection. "I'm sure there is some mistake here."

TAG: Tim Battershell, Falcon

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Detention Level, Temple of Light

Kasha raised an eyebrow as she kept her senses trained on Allynic through the Force. He had hesitated in answering Tim right away and felt him using the dark side digging through Allynic's mind, she sensed darkness at first then sensed the light side. No he had definitely not changed and was about to attempt to trick them. "There is no mistake," she answered keeping her tone and expression neutral. "You harmed some Jedi, my grandmother chased you through the forest and I blasted you with light in an attempt to slow you down or stop you long enough to apprehend you. You don't remember any of it?" She questioned. She knew he was projecting the light but she knew better. His eyes told her he knew very well why he was in here while his voice pretended to tremble, he was lying through his teeth.

Kasha sensed opening the door would be a mistake. "Padawan, how do you perceive Allynic?" She questioned knowing this would be a good time to see if Tim could pick up the subtle hints of deception or not. This would be a good exercise for him.

Tim Battershell, Chewbacca89

BookExogorth likes this.
  16. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Detention Area Entrance - Temple of Light

"Puzzle what out, Tim? I am grateful you have come to visit me," he said in a trembling voice. "I am afraid I don't know why I'm here. Perhaps you or your.... Master could assist me?.... I'm sure there is some mistake here."; the thing controlling Allynic said.

"There is no mistake.... You harmed some Jedi, my grandmother chased you through the forest and I blasted you with light in an attempt to slow you down or stop you long enough to apprehend you. You don't remember any of it?.... Padawan, how do you perceive Allynic?" his Master replied.

Tim could have confirmed his Master's assessment straight away, the Rakatatech-taste in his mouth told him that much, but looked at him in the Force as well.

Instead of the white aura that Ally had exhibited on the way to, and inside, the Cafeteria; it was now a distinctly grey shade, laced with tinges of black.... hang on, there was one, just one, tiny spot of white - almost overwhelmed by the rest.

"Definitely faking both innocence and ignorance, Master! Haven't seen this sort of poor quality deception since I don't know when." Hoping that the Master/Padawan Force Bond had developed enough to get at least the idea through, he thought at Kasha, as hard as he could, "Ally's still in there!"; then went on verbally, "May I tell this imposter how I used to earn my living?"

TAG: Falcon, Chewbacca89 - indirectly Gotab

BookExogorth likes this.
  17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Kambie Loother

“I’m.....I'm an Initiate all over again!” she abruptly snapped, the words spilling out of her. “I was Padawan to the Grandmaster, and now he’s suddenly off to find the answer to the supposed loss of his Force Connection, when he’s probably going to make heart eyes at his wife the whole time! Not that he bothered to explain!”

Kambie could tell the young woman was troubled. She had lost her master without a direct good-bye. It was never an easy set of circumstances to understand. Her own master had been killed while she was off on a simple run for errands. Not being able to be there to save him or have had the chance to say good-bye haunted her for a long time. She did not want to see someone else struggle for so long.

"You think the Grandmaster would leave his duties and people he cared about if he had a choice?”She asked. It was unusual for Kambie to make a rash decision; especially one as important as taking on a Padawan Learner. But she didn’t hesitate. “I can be your Master, if you will have me. Your first lesson will begin right now. I need you to calm yourself. Reach out into the Force. The Force will tell you the true reason your Master left. Are you willing to try that?” Kambie asked.

TAG: Padawan4687

BookExogorth and Ananta Chetan like this.
  18. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Eira Dryn
    Grand Hall

Master Zey approached, and Eira adopted a slightly less hostile stance. None of them had attacked her, though the same couldn't be said for Lenea, who she now spotted standing with a man who looked relatively similar to her, possibly the brother she'd mentioned. She uncrossed her arms and faced Master Zey, letting her hands drop instead onto her hips.

Once again adopting his overly friendly smile he asked her simply, and quietly. "What troubles you my dear?"

She shouldn't have been surprised that he knew she was restless, he was a Jedi Master. Eira corralled her thoughts, absently tucking another escaped strand of hair behind her ear. What was troubling her, indeed? So many things, but she couldn't just blurt it all out. One thing at a time.

"Look, I'm not here to join the Jedi," she began, "or whatever the Guardians are. A... friend said I could get help here, help to find my sister, but I've been here days and I've barely had the chance to talk to anyone. Then all the... attacks, or fighting, or- I don't even know what happened. I just- if I could get some fuel I'll be on my way, if you don't mind."

It wasn't that the temple was a bad place, and most of the people here seemed like good people, but she had to prioritize. She wouldn't get any help here, and that meant she had to leave.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

19. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC: Ian Thrace
    Temple of Light, Detention Level

Ian watched and he waited, wondering when, or if, Knight Sitan would awaken. For his part Ian was still feeling as clueless as ever, and that feeling made him uneasy, as it always did. He considered once again trying to engage Sitan in some way, to see if he could find out himself what had happened. If he could do that he would be a hero! He bit his lower lip. OK, maybe not a hero, but at the very least it would go a long way to establishing that he belonged here. At that moment Sitan stirred.

"Hello," he said, in a shaky voice. "Where am I?"

All previous thoughts of attempting to talk to Sitan left Ian at that point as he was suddenly gripped with fear. He didn't know what to say! Sitan seemed so polite now, like he had been before. Maybe this had all been some sort of terrible mistake, or an over reaction on the part of "Temple Security." Maybe he should talk to Sitan and if everything seemed normal again ask if he could be let go.

The approach of a pair of force auras distracted him and a moment later Knight Sherland and Mr. Battershell came around the corner. Ian stiffened at their approach, though they seemed to ignore him in order to address Sitan.

It looked like Mr. Battershell had been put in charge of interrogating Sitan thought Ian. That meant Knight Sherland was here as backup or to provide muscle. What Ian was meant to do now he didn't know, but he listened on, curious as to where things would go.

"Puzzle what out, Tim? I am grateful you have come to visit me," he said in a trembling voice. "I am afraid I don't know why I'm here. Perhaps you or your.... Master could assist me?.... I'm sure there is some mistake here."

It seemed neither Mr. Battershell nor Knight Sherland bought that. They continued to question him, as well as speak to one another. But most of it went over his head. People had been hurt, that much he already knew. Of course Knight Sherland addressed Mr. Battershell as padawan, which meant he was just a learner like Ian was.

He had mixed feelings about that. Mr..... Padawan Battershell was so much older than he was, and he was still a padawan! Maybe Ian shouldn't have felt so dejected about his own lack of training at this stage in his life after all. Of course it also seemed as though M....Padawan Battershell was trusted much more by his master than Ian had been, and that he knew a bit more about what he was doing. Ian's dejection began to return. He had no idea yet how to perceive Knight Sitan, nor did he have any of the experience to draw upon that the elder Padawan seemed to have.

So he stayed quiet, hoping that by watching he might actually learn something.

TAG: Chewbacca89, Falcon, Tim Battershell

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Temple of Light, Detention area

Kasha sensed light inside of Allynic,if only they bring that piece of light out of him and help him come back to the light side. The next question she had was, did his current personality want help or not? She glanced at her Padawan and nodded in agreement as he sent "Ally's still in there!"; he thought to her through the Force bond. //I agree, I can sense it too.// She sent back to Tim.

"No Padawan, that won't be neccessary," Kasha answered Tim's question about telling his life story. She turned her attention to Sitian with a frown and gauged him. When they first met in the caves, she wouldn't even expect this behaviour from a Caamasi. It was mind boggling to her. Caasami are known to live as pacifists and were peaceful not violent and capable of intentionally harming others. "I am curious, Sitian, are you willing to accept my offer of help to get to the bottom of this? I'm under the impression that Caasami live as pacifists, not capable of intentionally harming others," no matter how she looked at this. She couldn't help but get the feeling that somehow he was a victim of manipulation. Just another pawn in someone's games. "Do you remember anyone trying to manipulate you with the Force?"

Chewbacca, Tim Battershell, Gotab indirectly

BookExogorth and Runjedirun like this.
  21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Detention Area - Temple of Light

Tim felt/heard the voice speaking in his mind and was relieved that he'd both got his message across and that his Master concurred.

"I am curious, Sitian", she went on via voice, "are you willing to accept my offer of help to get to the bottom of this? I'm under the impression that Caasami live as pacifists, not capable of intentionally harming others.... Do you remember anyone trying to manipulate you with the Force?"

Privately, behind raised mental shields, Tim doubted if the thing playing puppeteer with Ally's body would actually be interested, except as part of a further deception but he held his peace and awaited any forthcoming reply.

Meanwhile, Padawan Thrace's body language showed him to have perked up slightly on learning Tim's brand-new rank, before sinking into relative despondency again a few seconds later. Stepping over to Ian's side, while still keeping a close watch on the cell and its occupant and most definitely not taking his hand from the hilt of his Lightsaber; he said, sidelong and in a voice too soft to reach anyone else's ears;

"Rather wondering how quickly people with our non-Force skills could escape from one of those, Ian! Practice and polish yours, they could save your life one day!"

TAG: Gotab - indirectly Falcon, Chewbacca89

BookExogorth and Falcon like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: General Hector Zey
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"Look, I'm not here to join the Jedi, or whatever the Guardians are. A... friend said I could get help here, help to find my sister, but I've been here days and I've barely had the chance to talk to anyone. Then all the... attacks, or fighting, or- I don't even know what happened. I just- if I could get some fuel I'll be on my way, if you don't mind."

Continuing to keep the broad smile plastered across his face Zey nodded sagely and dissected what he had just been told. It seemed young Eira had another reason for being here than trying to join with the Jedi. He knew better than to ask the identity of the friend who had directed her here. She didn't trust them enough to reveal that, not yet anyway. One didn't need the Force to sense that much from the woman. He closed his eyes briefly, letting his smile drop as he did so, and tried to look at things from her point of view.

Friendly advice leading her to come here to find help only to find more anxiety, confusion and fighting. It was no wonder that she simply wanted to leave as soon as she could. His eyes opened and he looked into hers, stroking his beard. Surely that's not why the Force delivered her to their doorstep though. Surely this woman was meant to play a role in defending the light. His smile returned.

"You say you are looking for help in finding your sister, and I am sure we can provide just that." He cocked his head to one side, "The Force is strong in you Eira Dryn. Stay with us, we can complete your training. With the Force as your ally there is no place she could be that you won't be able to find her."

TAG: Rebecca_Daniels (Others in the Grand Hall)

[​IMG]

BookExogorth likes this.
  23. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Alisha Tano

Alisha scoffed at Ms. Loother’s first question. The duties she understood, but people he cared about? Decinchi took his precious family with him! Who else could possibly be missing?

The woman’s questioning took a sudden turn, and her offer is what made Alisha freeze.

She...wants to train me? .....What is this, an assembly line where everything in life is an interchangeable part?

Alisha tried to shove the scathing thought to the back of her mind. She could scarcely believe it. One Master just waltzed out of her life, and now another Master was trying to waltz her way back into it just minutes later. Did time mean anything to these people?! Or was it just expected of her to be able to ignore it?

Alisha almost collapsed back into her chair, trying in vain to process this. The last part Ms Loother said, about using the Force to find Decinchi's reasoning...that part made more sense.

She didn’t trust herself to speak, but she shut her eyes in a feeble attempt to enter meditation and connect to the Force. Of course, she couldn’t sense his energy anymore. She didn’t really want to, but the meditation itself did slowly help to calm her.

“I…don’t want another Master.” she finally spoke. Outwardly she looked calmer, but her voice cracked. “It’s too soon….Besides…nobody ever sticks around to bother teaching me."

TAG: Runjedirun

BookExogorth and Tim Battershell like this.
  24. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Kambie Loother

“I…don’t want another Master.” she finally spoke. Outwardly she looked calmer, but her voice cracked. “It’s too soon….Besides…nobody ever sticks around to bother teaching me."

Kambie kicked herself inwardly for being so forward. She should have known the girl would need more time. “I’m sorry you feel that way,” she said. “If you would like we can be friends. I can stay if you want to talk it out.”

Kambie sat down in the co-pilot chair next to the young girl to show she had no intention of leaving her alone in this state. “I never even got your name,” she admitted.

Tag: Padawan4687

BookExogorth likes this.
  25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Voj Velkin
    GSD Defender

Voj’s conversation with Dovey the evening before was a stark contrast to the conversation he had just concluded with Leianna. He had, unintentionally, broke the heart of the one woman who had been unswervingly faithful to him. But she was a warrior, verd’alyc, and she would eventually find a mando’jag that would be a better match for her in the long run. For Voj, he just couldn’t go through what his mother went through and was going through, watching his mate age and die. He was determined to either go through life unattached or with someone blessed with longevity like him.

The leader of the Journeymen joined his crew on the Defender to formally transfer leadership of the group to Leianna. Both the informal and formal proceedings lasted for the majority of the day. As evening approached planetside, he gave the Journeymen one final order: return to Concordia and reclaim what was rightfully theirs. He passed to them a datachip containing historical records on the ancient nomadic warrior past of the Neo-Crusaders and the Mandalorian Knights. He reminded them of the Resol’nare and charged them with seeking to return to the old ways. Once the formalities reached their completion he made his way back to the Marauder. As he reached the base of the loading ramp he heard a voice call to him from behind.

“Ner’Voj?” Leianna’s voice was soft as it purred her pet name for him. She only used it when they were alone.

“Lek ruusaan?” He turned and faced her.

“I don’t understand why you are leaving us like this? Why you are leaving me?” He watched as her eyes searched his for answers. She reached up and gently stroked his cheek. The warmth from her touch caused a tingle to run down his spine.

“I’m not like other mando’jag, Leia’ika. I wouldn’t be able to give you what you need.” In a blink of an eye the hand that was once caressing his face was striking it leaving a red handprint behind.

“How dare you even begin to think you know what it is that I need? If your choice is to stay with these Jetii, so be it, but realize that it’s jareor. They’re a bunch of dikut’la aruetiise and you’ll become dar’manda. Is that what you want? To turn your back on gar’adade… gar’aliit?”

“Aliit ori’shya tal’din…” he reminded her that family was more than blood. He could see the hurt in her eyes as tears threatened to pour forth from her eyes. “Leia’ika, ner’tal Erphe’ade.”

She just shook her head and told him it didn’t matter, “Cuy ogir’olar. You are tal be nar’tal.” She grabbed on and clung to him as if it would keep him from leaving.

“N’paravu takisit, ori’haat,” he tried to apologize and yet remain strong. But when he looked down into her eyes the barrier he had built around his heart disintegrated and he allowed her to press her lips to his. He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms about her, returning her affection. Slowly they broke apart and rested their foreheads upon each other.

From the corridor he heard a gruff throat being cleared, “Sir.”

Voj did not have to look up to know who it was, “Yes, Major Pythos?”

“I have a priority message for you from Grand Master Decinchi. It seems that he has decided to go on an extended journey and would like to speak with you before he departs.”

“Thank you Major,” he lowered his voice to practically a whisper, “I have to go.”

Leianna heaved a distressed sigh, “I know.” She looked up into his eyes and held is face, “Ni kar'tayli gar darasuum.” She pressed her lips to his once more, “Ret’urcye mhi cyare.”

“Ret’ mesh’la.” Voj gave a brief salute to Pythos before turning to head up the landing ramp. Moments later he was lifting off and heading towards the planet.

IC: Leianna Shysa
    GSD Defender’s hanger bay

As the two Journeymen watched the Marauder head out into the hard vacuum of space, Major Pythos broke the uneasy silence between them, “Did you tell him?”

“Tell him what?” Leianna asked without looking at him.

“That you’re yaihadla.”

“Nayc. Ni be’jurir solus’buir.”

Pythos remained silent as Leianna turned to head up to the bridge. Once everything was in place, the Defender jumped out of the system.

IC: Voj Velkin
    Temple of Light

The meeting between Voj and Josch was not very long. Josch explained about his lost connection to the Force and that he was going to return to Vernet. Voj agreed that it was a wise course of action and suggested that he present himself to the Queen. He lied and said that it was a new custom, but really he was trying to reunite long lost cousins. After their brief goodbye Voj made his way up to the TCC where he found Taab maintaining his vigilant watch.

“So, Major what’s your take on this General Zey?”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

OOC: If anyone is interested in the Basic translation of the Mando'a in my post just shoot me a PM :D

BookExogorth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.