main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update Part II

Knight Larod (NPC)
    TCC, Temple of Light.

"There goes another one," Larod reported nervously to the others in the TCC. He didn't know why he did it, he was nominally in charge of the Tactical Command Center while the Council members met, but he thought it best to keep the others here in the loop as to what was going on. With him was Lenea Sandstrider, an officer from the departed Star Destroyer that had kept watch over them and probably the most experienced of the Guardians here. He knew that if push came to shove he would defer to her judgement if things "went hot."

There were also a trio of padawans assigned to the TCC, Tim Battershell, Alisha Tano and Ian Thrace. They were here because their masters were all either members of the Council, or were busy reporting to it. Larod hadn't interacted with any of them much before, and wasn't sure how they wuld react in a crisis, but he had heard rumors about each of them. How much stock those rumors held remained to be seen.

As to his statement to them, he was counting the beginning of a third wave of landing craft coming down from the Star Destroyer which commanded the orbital space around Saridona Prime. The landing craft seemed to follow the same route as the others, staying out of range of the Temple's big guns as it descended towards the southwest. These subsequent waves were all smaller than the initial invasion, and contained only ten craft each. Still it could represent a significant reinforcement to the troops planet side, something the Guardian's couldn't match.

"How many do you think they've landed so far?"

TAG: Tim Battershell, Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65 (again)

IC: Darth Sixtus/Darth Harbinger (NPCs)
    Stockade, Temple of Light.

Harbinger sat in his cell, a bemused smile on his lips that had been in place ever since his capture by the Jedi's Mandalorian servant. The man had appropriated his ancient weapon, but that didn't matter to him. His real weapon was the Dark Side, and it was all he would ever have to wield. Of course it might be some time before that could happen again, these cages were designed to hold force users, there would be no escaping them. Especially as they were under such close surveillance. Well close surveillance worked both ways and he had been watching these erstwhile Jedi as well. there was a slow groan from another cell, not the one next to his, but farther down the row. It was Sixtus.

She awoke with a bump on her head, still groggy. "Welcome back to the land of the living," Harbinger called out to her, wondering if it would alarm the Jedi guards. "I was brought in by the Mandalorian and walked to my cell. You were brought in by a pair of Jedi and were unconscious." He had found that amusing to no end, and had to share it with Sixtus.

"Cursed Jedi," was her only reply. "Yes, tells you something about them when they treat you worse as a prisoner than a Mandalorian does." He laughed out loud at that though Sixtus was all business. "It just tells me they are ripe to be turned." Harbinger's smile dropped at that. Sixtus could be seductive he knew, and she could make the dark side appealing to all but the most hardened Jedi. But it made no sense to let the Jedi know that.

"Be careful what you say, there are two of them watching us now." Still woozy, Sixtus stood up and went to the front of her cell, catching a glimpse of the two assigned to watch over them, an Arkanian and a Firrerreo by the looks of them. They didn't look familiar. Harbinger must have foreseen her next question. "No, neither of them is the one that brought you down here."

"Pity, though at least they should be better conversationalists." She smiled to herself. "What say you Jedi, want to chat?"

TAG: BultarSwan, Rebecca_Daniels

[​IMG]

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Kambie Loother

The one called Zey had asked for her report. Kambie stood in a room full of what she assumed to be the most trusted Knights in this order of Jedi. Traditionally it would have been a council of Masters, but apparently there were not enough Masters here to fill such a council. In fact only 7 total were in the council that did exist as far as she could make out. Zey as far as she knew was now the "Grand Master" of the little order she had found on this planet. Kambie was sorry that Knight Lycar had been lost on her group's assignment. She always felt bad about the loss of a life. She did not feel responsible for the loss. She believed her actions had been necessary. The Sith woman had to be engaged or she may have attacked one of the less experienced members of the group. It was only when Lycar interrupted her fight that her plan had been foiled.

Kambie took a single step forward to show she was ready to speak. "The patrol began with little fanfare. Until we came across a camp. The camp appeared to have been very recently vacated so we began to snoop around. Then I came upon a transmitter of sorts. Knight Lycar realized that the transmitter was a tracking device. He sensed an enemy was nearby and knew that our location had been given away. Within moments several ships descended upon our location. When they landed we were attacked by droids. We defended ourselves from the machines, but I soon realized the battle was being overseen by a woman with a dark aura. She was a user of the dark side. A Sith. I knew I needed to protect the less experienced members of my team so I approached the woman and engaged in battle. It was fairly even match, I'm sure if I had been given enough time I would have prevailed. It was my hope to bring her back here alive. Then for whatever reason Knight Lycar wanted the two younger members of our team to return to the temple. I assume now that was because you summoned him back here. Lycar attempted to join my battle. When he did so another Sith woman surprise attacked him from behind and took his life. The act was immediate and swift. He did not suffer. He only asked me to come back and report. Since he was my superior and it was his dying wish. Here I stand."

Tag: Bardan_Jusik And all others in the council room.

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Tactical Command Centre, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

"How many do you think they've landed so far?"; Knight Larod asked after reporting the detection of another wave of Sith Landing craft heading down to the surface.

His manner indicated nervousness; a little surprising in a full Knight, although he'd perhaps not held that rank long, seen much action, or both.

"Only an estimate, I regret having to say, but certainly dozens. I hope you'll understand we were a bit too busy at the time to count noses!. Tim replied, after waiting to see if anyone else wished to speak first.

"If you really need to know, I could, with your permission and authorisation, go into the System here and access the Sensor Logs - I was trained on a newer version of this model, as a matter of fact...." By way of explanation, he went on; ".... I came late to the Force - spent most of my life without it - so I've accumulated some useful non-Jedi skills.

However, considering what's happened, it'd probably be best to let the Major say yea or nay.

What I do know is that there didn't seem to be many red Lightsabers among the groups that attempted to 'bounce' their way inside the Temple - mostly War Droids, from what I could see. Blasters - if I can be forgiven for using what seems to be an impolite word in Jedi circles - and Starfighter Cannons will deal with those just fine!"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik - Indirectly Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65

4. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC: Ian Thrace
    TCC, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime.

Ian was doing his very best to remain small in the command center. The last time he had been here he had attacked Tano in a fit of rage. Looking sheepishly over to where the Togruta also stood in the TCC he hoped she had forgiven him his indiscretion, even if he was sure she had not forgotten. She was being quiet for now too, maybe she was just as disconcerted by being assigned here with him as he was with her. The others here were polite enough to not mention the tension between the two padawans, at least not yet. Maybe they didn't notice it, there was a lot going on after all.

Knight Larod, the Jedi in charge here, seemed busy counting as yet another group of landing craft approached the planet. Ian blinked, looking to the floor. He had his own issues to deal with as well. He had blacked out during the battle, and still didn't know just what had happened. He could ask someone, Master Piim seemed nice as did Knight Trevalus, but he was afraid to know the answer. He was sure he had screwed up somehow and was rather embarrassed to find out what he had done wrong this time. Still he wanted to know what had happened, and if he didn't hear it from someone else he would have to figure it out himself. It would be less embarrassing that way. The only clue he had was the frigid feeling he had upon regaining consciousness. He had no idea what that meant, though maybe but asking a few hypothetical questions, totally unrelated to himself or his predicament of course, he could at least get to a starting point.

He looked up from the floor. Aside from Larod and Ms. Sandstrider there were only other padawans here though, they might not know much more than he did. Of course he was a screw up, it was quite possible that they did know more. Hopefully his training under Master Zey would begin in earnest soon, he might actually catch up to the others that way. The Grand Master always seemed so busy though, far too busy to show the padawan anything worthwhile. Ian was used to that.

"How many do you think they've landed so far?" The question from Knight Larod caused Ian to tremble visibly for a moment before he regained control of himself. He had no idea, and the thought that the more experienced Knight didn't either didn't engender confidence in his abilities. Padawan Battershell replied after a moment and Ian inwardly sighed in relief as the older padawan took point on the matter.

Sadly he didn't seem to know either, and his suggestion to delve into the sensor logs seemed like a good one, until he brought up the issue of getting Major Taab's permission. The very thought sent chills down Ian's spine. The cadaverous looking Mandalorian had been a pain in Ian;s side since they had been introduced and had made no bones about his dislike for Ian, both as a Jedi and as a person. To Ian's mind, the man was nothing short of a bully and a thug. The Temple and Jedi would be better off without him.

"What I do know is that there didn't seem to be many red Lightsabers among the groups that attempted to 'bounce' their way inside the Temple - mostly War Droids, from what I could see. Blasters - if I can be forgiven for using what seems to be an impolite word in Jedi circles - and Starfighter Cannons will deal with those just fine!"

"We encountered a Sith." Ian spat out before he had a chance to think things through. He stopped himself from saying anything else because he really didn't want to be the center of attention here in any way, shape or form. In fact, right now he wished he could just melt into the walls and disappear from view. But he had started speaking, the other's would think him even weirder than they already did unless he said something more.

"I was by the East entrance and there was a Sith woman there leading the droids..." He paused again as he closed his eyes and thought about her. For a second he thought he could smeel her sickly sweet scent. It, just like her looks, was intoxicating. If only...

Ian cleared hos throat as he regained what was left of his composure. "She ummm... She didn't use a lightsaber. She used some sort of," he started flailing his arms about in an attempt to mimic the lightwhip, "whip?" He paused again. "I guess it was a whip." He blushed slightly at the thought of the beautiful woman and her whip. "Master Piim ordered her taken prisoner, but she was the only Sith I saw." He looked hopefully to the others. "Maybe she is the only one?"

TAG: Tim Battershell, Padawan4687, Skywalker_T-65, @Bardan Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Master Piim (NPC)
    Guardians of Light Council Chambers, Temple of Light.

The Togruta Jedi Master bowed her head in reverence at Knight Loother's mention of the loss of life on the swoop patrol. To her every life lost seemed to diminish the very nature of the Force. It wasn't true of course, but she couldn't help the way she felt, she could only strive to overcome it. She glanced over to where Master Zey sat, still stroking hos beard as he listened intently to the report. He didn't seem as bothered by the events described, though through the Force she could feel the sorrow that he felt at the loss of such a young and vibrant Jedi. Knight Lycar had also been a warrior, like Zey, and so the loss was doubly felt by the Grandmaster who still preferred to be called General. At least he hadn't suffered.

The news of another two Sith women out there was probably even more disturbing. So far they knew of at least the two being held in the stockade, plus now these two as well on the planet and loose somewhere, possibly in the caves that Major Taab had indicated earlier. There were force knew how many on that monstrosity in orbit, and more could be landing this very moment, but it didn't feel right.

Knight Loother's recollection seemed to make mention of far more inorganic soldiers than organic. Multitudes of droids led by a handful of One Sith survivors, offshoots perhaps, or even their own sect? Piim didn't have enough information to go on yet, but she did know from her own experience at the eastern gate that the invading force was almost entirely made up of droids. That had now been corroborated by the Mandalorian's and now this Jedi Knight's testimonies. It did indeed seem as though they were safe for now, but there was no guarantee of how long "now" would last.

She noted now that General Zey had caught her glance, and he looked her in the eyes while giving a barely perceptible nod. She returned the gesture and looked to the other Jedi on the Council before returning her gaze to the Knight that stood before them. "Thank you for your report, and your bravery, Knight Loother. We are glad you have returned to us safely." She looked back to the Council members once more before continuing.

"It seems the Council has no further questions of you at this time, but please remain here in the chamber as we may may wish to pose questions to you after hearing from our other witnesses to recent events." She inclined her head deeply now to Loother who gave up her place at the center of the Council Chamber.

"Knight Archisa is it?" Master Piim asked next, looking to the Mirialan as she smiled warmly. Piim had heard of her arrival, though the details were scant. It was now that the Council would get answers regarding that, as well as hopefully some insight as to what the Sith were doing here. "Knight Archisa," she began, a bit more formally now. "Please come forward and tell us how you came to be here with us at the Temple, and any insight you might have as to the unwanted guests orbiting this world."

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Falcon, Skywalker_T-65, Runjedirun, Ananta Chetan, galactic-vagabond422

OOC: Council Members, feel free to speak up and ask questions of any "witness" who has already given his/her report. Witnesses, feel free to post your own reactions to the goings on in the Council Chamber.

[​IMG]

6. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Guardians of Light Council Chambers, Temple of Light

What an eclectic collection of Force users, Suraya observed, as she stood leaning slightly against the wall of the council chamber awaiting her turn to speak. As per her tradition, Mirialans took only their own as padawan learners, so she had no experience with such diversity. Belonging to a community compromised of only one species often had its expected disadvantages. The variety within this temple's residents was quite a contrast. A Kubaz...she had never encountered such a being before, and only knew it by sight from her studies from days past. Fascinating, and rare as a Jedi, no doubt. How proud his people must be, she imagined.

As Knight Loother finished and existed the circle, Suraya made her way to the center of the hall, but her gait betrayed her fatigue and her eyes held a hint of sadness. Greetings and my humble salutations to you all...I am Suraya Archisa, a Consular Knight on my homeworld of Mirial...bows to the Council and then to all present...I will be brief and concise since, as we all know, the second wave of Sith is already in motion. Not long ago my padawan and I were abducted in response to a distress call that was revealed to be a ruse contrived by the group of Sith that is now invading your planet. After being taken prisoner aboard their vessel, my apprentice was executed before me by a group of 4-5 dark-siders where the one I believe to be their leader called Darth Cavillous was present. I fortunately was able to retrieve and conceal my padawan's lightsaber from his body before being taken to a cell. That is where I spent the majority of the remainder of my time aboard their ship, before my escape with the timely assistance of your fellow Jedi. During that time I encountered only a few Sith and mostly droids. Clearing her throat she now made steady eye contact with the Grand Master alone.

It was not long after that they planned to begin using me as a test subject for an experiment that...momentarily pauses...still mystifies and pains me to remember...for its unprecedented nefarious nature. Something so wicked, that it almost stretches beyond the limit of one's imagination of what is possible between the dark side and the light. Perhaps it better, or simply easier, if I share precisely what I was able to overhear regarding their dark plans.

I am able, via the Force, to remember verbatim any conversation that I am witness to, an ability that I have been gifted with since birth. With that in mind, this is what I overheard being discussed between a Sith named Veneficus and Cavillous...as she began to speak her eyes moved slightly upward and her lids to lightly flutter:

As she finished the recollection, the facial expressions of the Council members were synonymous and the hall soundless. I have a strong intuitive feeling...she paused...that the two Sith you are holding are here in full accordance with the overall plan of the Sith leadership, that it is not an accident that they were captured. I would humbly advise you to exercise extreme caution if you plan to question them. I would also volunteer my services to be present or behind the screen and assist in any interrogation. They most likely are unaware that I managed to escape and am here with you all, which may be of some benefit. She remained poised and silent in case the Council had any further questions.

OOC: The recollection dialogue was authored by GM Jusik. ;)

TAG: @Master Selkath, @Mitth_Fisto, @The_Zeltron, @Falcon, @Skywalker_T-65, @Runjedirun, @Bardan_Jusik, @galactic-vagabond422

7. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    IC: Gaan Be'orar - Council Chambers - Temple of Light

Gaan listened quietly to the first Knight's report, following on the heels of their Mandalorian security's. While the loss of a Knight was regrettable, Gaan had to admit it would have been surprising to come through a battle like the one they'd just finished without losing some. At least, for the time being, they had only lost a single life. She could only hope there were no more. After Knight Loother completed her report and stepped back, a Mirialan woman, whom one of Gaan's fellow council members had addressed as Knight Archisa, stepped forward to take her place. The woman seemed incredibly weary compared to the rest of the group, and Gaan wondered what she'd gone through to join them here. Looking into her sad eyes, she couldn't imagine it had been pleasant.

"Greetings and my humble salutations to you all...I am Suraya Archisa, a Consular Knight on my homeworld of Mirial. I will be brief and concise since, as we all know, the second wave of Sith is already in motion. Not long ago my padawan and I were abducted in response to a distress call that was revealed to be a ruse contrived by the group of Sith that is now invading your planet. After being taken prisoner aboard their vessel, my apprentice was executed before me by a group of 4-5 dark-siders," That explains the sorrow, Gaan thought, "where the one I believe to be their leader called Darth Cavillous was present. I fortunately was able to retrieve and conceal my padawan's lightsaber from his body before being taken to a cell. That is where I spent the majority of the remainder of my time aboard their ship, before my escape with the timely assistance of your fellow Jedi. During that time I encountered only a few Sith and mostly droids." The woman's attention shifted to exclude the rest of them, and she focused solely on the Grand Master. "It was not long after that they planned to begin using me as a test subject for an experiment that...still mystifies and pains me to remember...for its unprecedented nefarious nature. Something so wicked, that it almost stretches beyond the limit of one's imagination of what is possible between the dark side and the light. Perhaps it better, or simply easier, if I share precisely what I was able to overhear regarding their dark plans. I am able, via the Force, to remember verbatim any conversation that I am witness to, an ability that I have been gifted with since birth. With that in mind, this is what I overheard being discussed between a Sith named Veneficus and Cavillous..." Gaan was watching the woman closely now, curious as to what she was going to do. A second later, she found out.

Gaan could think of several things to say, none of which would have been helpful at that exact moment. "I have a strong intuitive feeling......that the two Sith you are holding are here in full accordance with the overall plan of the Sith leadership, that it is not an accident that they were captured." Gaan raised her eyebrows briefly. If that was true, then the Jedi Master who had ordered her to take the Sith woman prisoner had played right into their hands. The very Jedi Master who had called forward this Knight to give her report. "I would humbly advise you to exercise extreme caution if you plan to question them. I would also volunteer my services to be present or behind the screen and assist in any interrogation. They most likely are unaware that I managed to escape and am here with you all, which may be of some benefit." Gaan nodded once, a quick, sharp movement, more an acknowledgement of what the woman said than anything else. For a moment she debated keeping her silence. Would it be better to speak to the Grand Master alone about her concerns, or raise them here, in a Council of what, to her, were little better than strangers? Finally, she decided to speak. If the Grand Master did not trust the Jedi here now, they would hardly be on this Council. If she could not trust them, then there was little hope left for the Guardians of Light.

"Knight Archisa," she paused, thinking how to word what she needed to know as a question, and not an accusation. Finally, she decided to ask simply for another story. "Can you please tell us how you escaped the ship?"

TAG: @Master Selkath, @Mitth_Fisto, Ananta Chetan, @Falcon, @Skywalker_T-65, @Runjedirun, @Bardan_Jusik, @galactic-vagabond422

8. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Council Chambers - Temple of Light

The pause after which Suraya had finished speaking had now become long enough that just at the moment she had decided to take leave, one of the Council members finally spoke, breaking the silence...a Mandalorian female addressed by the others as Knight Be'orar.

"Knight Archisa...Can you please tell us how you escaped the ship?"

Surya was momentarily taken aback by the practicality of the question. Hmm...she had mentally prepared herself for trying to dissect and decipher the details of the Sith conversation-recollection with the help of those Jedi present, but in a way it was a welcome relief to speak of such things instead.

She took a long deep breath and addressed the Knight... I had patiently awaited the day that a diversion might arise so as to attempt my escape. That day came when your Jedi were engaged in battle with the Sith vessel. The bombardment it received caused the ship to temporarily lose power, allowing me to use the concealed saber in my possession to cut through the adjacent cell wall and exit unnoticed by my droid guards. She paused awaiting the Knight's eyes to tell her to continue... Not long after through a view port I was able to observe the mêlée outside long enough to recognize that the opponents of the Sith were in fact Jedi, by which I then attempted to send out a signal via the Living Force of my presence aboard and need of help. When the power returned, the Sith quickly became aware of my escape and sent several battalions of droids to at first try to re-apprehend me, and then finally kill me when I resisted capture. Thankfully, being a Form III practitioner allowed me to reach the hangar bay relatively quickly and unharmed by the droid's canons.

From there, I located an escape pod and jettisoned to eventually rendezvous with Knight Kai Dareagen, Lenea Sandstrider, I am unsure of her rank, and padawan Tim Battershell. It was then that five Predator ships were dispatched in a final attempt to eliminate me. Thanks to the skilled marksmanship of most of those who came to my aid, I was able to finally descend to your planet's surface, but not before being hit by one of the remaining Predators...plus almost running out of fuel simultaneously which required me to cut the pod's engines and reignite them moments before to cushion a crash landing. She couldn't help but smile at the words of her own recollection...for it all sounded hard for even her to believe now.

So here now I stand before you...gratefully, and hopefully of some service in stopping whatever is to come. After some inner reflection, I don't believe that Cavillious envisioned that I would escape his grasp. But I suppose it is possible that the premonitions of the Sith may have been altered by these events, and that now they may even have a new agenda, which could include everything that is transpiring here before us at this very moment. Of course, this is mostly speculation, but it feels possible of darksiders of such power as they appear to possess.

Then Surya had a peculiar feeling...that had she crossed paths with this female Jedi...somewhere, long ago. But where? She had to stop herself from posing such a question openly before the entire Council by remembering where she was at the moment. Never in her time as a Jedi Knight had any of her missions brought her remotely close to Saridona Prime. Suraya's Force ability of recalling conversations did not give her the ability to ambiguously call-up what she had heard or said without a specific memory attached to it, and no such memory presently arose in her mind of any previous conversations she may have had with Knight Be'orar.

In an attempt to lighten the atmosphere a bit she continued...Is padawan Battershell OK? He is the one who escorted me to your Temple after we each crash landed. Without his significant efforts several of us may not have survived. I do not know where he stands in regards to completing his training or trials, but would like to humbly submit that his actions in the most recent battle be taken into account for their courageous and selfless nature. She nodded and smiled to all present.

Then she turned again speficically to Knight Be'orar...Something more of which you would wish to know, my Sister Jedi?

TAG: @Master Selkath, @Mitth_Fisto, @The_Zeltron, @Falcon, @Skywalker_T-65, @Runjedirun, @Bardan_Jusik, @galactic-vagabond422, @Tim Battershell, apologies if I missed anyone. ;)

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Guardians of Light Council Chambers, Temple of Light

Kasha listened to everyone being quiet as she absorbed everything she could. She frowned as she felt the rescued knight connect up with everyone in the room to show everyone a memory she had learned while being their captive.

"According to the Prophet, there are relics at their Temple that could help me in my quest to raise an army of the undead. Every enemy that we kill would be an unwilling soldier for us once raised."

"Even Jedi?"

"That's why I want to keep this one, and experiment on her. To see if the necromancy will work on a Jedi, and if they can keep their connection to the Force after death..."

"Very well."

Please tell me they're not after the black crystal. We destroyed it a few weeks ago. She shook her head at the thought, was there more then one relic planet side? If there was they would have to discover them quickly.

...Is padawan Battershell OK? He is the one who escorted me to your Temple after we each crash landed. Without his significant efforts several of us may not have survived. I do not know where he stands in regards to completing his training or trials, but would like to humbly submit that his actions in the most recent battle be taken into account for their courageous and selfless nature

Kasha smiled as she heard how her padawan behaved in her absence. Despite his age, he was turning out to be a quick learner. But also her padawan could use a few lessons in patience during battle. "My padawan is fine and he is at the TCC at the moment. Your words about his actions have been noted. He has been my padawan since he arrived here a few weeks ago, it'll be a while before I deem him ready for the trials, he is a fairly quick learner. He still has much to learn about what it takes to be a Jedi," she paused for a second and took a deep breath. "I also remember we destroyed the black crystal, if that is the relic the Sith was talking about in your memory, he's sold out of luck. If there are others in the temple, then I suggest to the council that we find them before the Sith do."

Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, @Falcon, Skywalker_T-65, Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik, galactic-vagabond422, Tim Battershell , Ananta Chetan

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Hochner Trevalus
    Guardians of Light, Council Chambers - Temple of Light . . .Saridona Prime

Sitting forward with one finger raised to brush his trunk he entered his nearly motionless meditation of motion. It was a self made discipline to adapt to his own self's shortcomings when it came to the typical meditation that most enjoyed. Perhaps that shortfall was why Grand Master Decinchi had surpassed him from Padawan to Knight to Master and even to Grand Master whilst he still sat upon this council as a Knight. Still with this form he found in the tensing and relaxing, or counter tensing of his muscles to strain though no resulting motion beyond a swelling of his crude matter gave evidence to his form of focus. So with that he had sat and listened, sat and felt, sat 'still' and considered.

He had given air and time for the Master's replies as was proper to the first revelations and then again to the second. Only now had one determined to speak, breaking the order of things, and so in doing made his own thoughts stir to question and churn upon the passing words. The exchange had been given and so now he could, it was proper now, and now he stopped rubbing his trunk tip and opening his hand liken to one to grasp the air he spoke, "Is it the crystal or some other artifact is immaterial, we can guess until the numbers of the Legions of Lettow have passed thrice from every lip, but only the Force could truly show if they desire what we have as a possession only or what we take for granted as our own life. We could even destroy every item to chance we break the one they want to only find what they need is hidden in the foundations or walls due to it's nature having been hidden by the first ones that built this place, or perchance built it atop of. We can peruse, we can trap every artifact in case we fall and still fail. I would say to this council a more dire situation needs found first. How we lost our defenses that would of let us be in this contemplation without such loss, know of any such words? Any here?"

Slowly his fingers closed to grasp that last statement, plea, and so sat 'still' once more.

TAG:
    @Master Selkath, Falcon, @The_Zeltron, @Falcon, @Skywalker_T-65, @Runjedirun, @Bardan_Jusik, @galactic-vagabond422, @Tim Battershell , @Ananta Chetan

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update Part I

IC: Beskaryc Taab/ Knight Aroon (NPC)
    en route to the TCC, Temple of Light

Taab made his way purposely to the Command Center. He knew that the General didn't really trust him, not even as far as Spoonbender (Decinchi) truly had, though at least the former Grandmaster had made the effort. Not much he could do about it now but do his job, and he would do that anyway. Along the way he came upon and nodded to several security patrols who returned the gesture, some even bowing deeply. They at least were making a show of their respect and trust for him though whether it was heartfelt Taab did not know. Nor did he really care.

There were not many walking the halls right now but a few, and it made the Temple seem far more busy than it had been before, though by no means crowded. So it wasn't quite a disturbance to his solitude when he heard an unfamiliar voice cry out to him. "Mr. Taab, Mr. Taab!"

The Mandalorian stopped and slewed his view around before confronting the male voice who had called put to him. He was a fairly nondescript man wearing traditional Jedi robes, though Taab didn't immediately recognize him. He turned around now and cocked his head to one side as he regarded the Jedi carefully.

"Ah good. Thank you Mr. Taab I wasn't sure you heard me at first." Taab blinked behind his faceplate. He still couldn't place the Jedi, and that was unerving. He was just so plain. "I heard you..." his voice trailed off as he called up a current roster of the Guardians of Light, a file he had secretly been working on since his arrival here. He scrolled through the images until he found one that matched. "Knight Aroon". The man nodded appreciatively back to him as Taab silently skimmed the brief dossier he had accumulated thus far.

"You aren't assigned a security patrol, what are you doing wandering the Temple alone...?" There were security protocols in place now, and though it wasn;t forbidden that a jedi wander the halls alone, Taab certainly discouraged the practice. He was actually more startled by the fact that he had not assigned the man any sort of nickname thus far. He didn't even have a temporary one like "slick" or "tiger". He just had nothing about him that stood out enough to garner a nickname.

"I was. Well I was on my way to sickbay when i saw you and..."

"The medical facility is in the other direction," Taab said cutting him off. Taab's head straightened as he watched the man blink twice before continuing. "Well. That is I will be on my way to sickbay, to check in on my new padawan learner, but I wanted to see you first. I knew you were in with the Council and so..."

"Your new padawan?" Taab's eyes narrowed behind his T-Visor. Knight Aroon's file mentioned nothing of a padawan. "Yes. The Grandmaster assigned her to me not long after we all brought in from the Ruins." He paused, sensing Taab's next question. "There were so many unassigned padawans and masters that the normal ceremony was postponed until there was more time. I think everyone is still kind of feeling their way around after..well you know."

"And who is this new padawan and why is she is sickbay?"

"Zoe. We were separated during the attack and it seems she suffered a rather nasty blow to the head. She is recovering there and I wanted to check up on her."

Taab brought up her file. Zoe. Human female. Age: 18. Rank: padawan. Interesting. The Grandmaster had made it very clear that Taab was to stear clear of internal Jedi affairs, so he shouldn't have been surprised that he had been kept out of the loop regarding recent master/padawan pairings. But if he were to do his job effectively he did need to be kept abreast of such things. He sighed to himself. He would need to chat with the Grandmaster regarding that.

"Alright," Taab came back gruffly. "And why did you want to see me first?"

"Well, this is rather embarrassing, but it seems that I returned from the ruins without a lightsaber and I was wondering if you might have one handy in the Temple Armory that I can make use of."

Taab was taken aback and glanced down at the Jedi's belt. Sure enough, there was no jetii'kad hanging there.

"I don't know what happened to mine. So much of what happened right before I arrived here is a mystery to me."

That wasn't surprising, there were a number of Jedi who were having trouble with their memories as a result of their time with the Rakatan's dark crystal. Of course there were just as many who seemed to be remembering things just fine.

"Don't Jedi normally make their own lightsabers?"

Aroon seemed to be expecting the question. "Well yes. I had had every intention of making my own. The Temple here as a supply of lightsaber crystals as well as the needed parts to make any manner of weapon."

"So?"

There was a slight crack in the Jedi's facade now. "Well with Sith on our doorstep I just thought it would be more expedient to have an already constructed weapon, in case they attack again. I was next to useless in the last fight." There was a look in his eyes now, almost pleading. "I fear my padawan payed the price for my lack of preparation. I don't want to make the same mistake twice."

Taab mulled it over for a moment as silence hung between the two of them in the corridor. "Very well. Come with me and I'll get you a new lightsaber. Once you have created your own I expect it to be returned." Aroon smiled and bowed slightly. "Thank you Mr. Taab. I knew you wouldn't let me down." Taab spun on his heels and started off down the hallway with Aroon in tow behind him as he commed to the TCC.

"There will be a delay in my arrival. I am retrieving a new weapon for Knight Aroon from the Armory. I'll be there in a few minutes. Taab out."

TAG: No one.

IC: Knight Larod (NPC)
    TCC, Temple of Light

"We encountered a Sith."

The words of the young Jedi filled the TCC. Larod looked to Thrace, as he gave a soft smile. It was clear that the young man had spoken without thinking and he continued on without being asked.

"I was by the East entrance and there was a Sith woman there leading the droids..." There was a long pause, maybe he was actually thinking about what he was saying. "She ummm... She didn't use a lightsaber. She used some sort of whip?" His wild gesticulations forced Larod to suppress his laughter. The padawan didn't need a Knight laughing at him right now, it felt as though the boy had been through enough. "I guess it was a whip. Master Piim ordered her taken prisoner, but she was the only Sith I saw. Maybe she is the only one?"

He seemed so hopeful, so eager to grasp at the idea that there was but one Sith who had organized the attack against their idyllic home. Having to tell the truth to the boy wiped away Larod's smile. "We are not so lucky padawan. Security logs show two prisoners were brought down to the stockade." He called up the holo data from the stockade showing the two Sith prisoners sitting in their separate cells. "We also have that Star Destroyer sitting high above us. A ship like that..." He was interrupted as a comm signal came through from Major Taab.

"There will be a delay in my arrival. I am retrieving a new weapon for Knight Aroon from the Armory. I'll be there in a few minutes. Taab out." The words rang out in the TCC and Larod had time to send back a simple "Message acknowledged," before turning back to the others manning the command center with him. "He doesn't sound very happy." He winked to Ian Thrace. "Maybe we should ask him when he arrives what is going on with the prisoners. He's head of security, he has to know something right?"

He turned around, looking at padawan Tano and Lenea Sandstrider. They had both been silent thus far, their diligence for monitoring the status displays before them precluded them from participating in the conversation perhaps. Fortunately the same did not seem to apply to padawan Battershell, else this would be a very boring assignment.

"With the Major on the way I think we should abstain from accessing the sensor logs for now Mr. Battershell," He gave the elder padawan a brief nod. "I commend you on the idea though. It is good to know that we have others besides the Mandalorian who can access the inner workings of these systems with some degree of competency." Larod turned back to his display, which still showed the pair of Sith in their holding cells. He had of course left something unsaid, padawan Thrace seemed on edge enough without the Knight in charge of the command center adding to his angst.

The Sith had somehow managed to power down the Temple and its defenses, so Padawan Battershell must not be the only being in the Temple who knew his way around the Command center's systems. The question though for the Jedi was who else could do so? And why? He trembled a bit at the thought, knowing that finding the answer to that question and others must be on the minds of the Council and it might just tear them all apart.

TAG: Tim Battershell, Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65

[​IMG]

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update Part II

IC: General Hector Zey/Master Piim (NPC)
    Council Chambers, Temple of Light

Grandmaster Zey listened with rapt attention to the tale woven by the Mirialan Knight that stood before the Council. The treachery of the Sith knew no bounds, sadly he had learned enough of that over his many years. A glance to Master Piim showed a barely contained look of horror on her Togrutan face. She was as much a Jedi as he was, though her rejection of violence seemed so alien to him. He didn't go out looking for a fight, but he knew that there was evil in the galaxy, and at times that evil needed to be stamped out.

Watching Knight Archisa go into her trance, or whatever she called it, gave him pause though. It was a convincing way of delivering information to the Council, and the message was frightening. An army of the undead, here? One made up of slaughtered Jedi? It was appalling, it was unnatural and it was the perfect example of just how corrupted the Sith and their ideology was. The Guardians would have to resolve themselves to fight to the last to prevent such a thing.

He glanced again to Master Piim, and if the look on her face meant anything, she was even more horrified at what Archisa reported than he was. The Jedi Master may come to violent action reluctantly, but she was always ready to defend the Jedi and the will of the force. Raising a being post-mortum was antethical to that in every way. If there was division between the two Masters on how to proceed before, it had been wiped away by this one report. Unknowingly the Sith may have just united the Jedi here, Zey appreciated the irony, and the favor they had done him.

Still what she had already told them was not the worst of it.

"I have a strong intuitive feeling that the two Sith you are holding are here in full accordance with the overall plan of the Sith leadership, that it is not an accident that they were captured. I would humbly advise you to exercise extreme caution if you plan to question them. I would also volunteer my services to be present or behind the screen and assist in any interrogation. They most likely are unaware that I managed to escape and am here with you all, which may be of some benefit."

Zey did his best to contain his emotions at that, replying with just a nod of appreciation and a look that meant to stay put, while the council deliberated. For her part Master Piim shook her head from side to side as she silently mouthed "No" to herself. He understood all to well her misgivings. It was on her order that the Sith woman had been taken prisoner, the male of course had been brought in by the Mandalorian, Taab. If Archisa was right then their actions had played directly into the plans of this Darth Cavillous.

There was a brief moment of silence that seemed to go on forever. Zey could only surmise that the other members of the Council were trying to process what they had all just heard. Finally Knight Be'orar spoke up.

"Knight Archisa, can you please tell us how you escaped the ship?"

It was a good question, one that went far in establishing Archisa's credibility. So much of what she had told them would seem unbelievable to some, though deep down Zey knew that most of it had to be true. It was too horrible to be made up. He listened again with interest to the details of how she had made her escape. It all made sense except her somehow being able to conceal a lightsaber until she could make her move. These Sith seemed to leave little to chance and that was an oversight that the greenest padawan in the Temple wouldn't have made. Had they intended for her to escape? Was everything she had told them disinformation? A part of the Sith master plan? Could she even be in on the deception, a willing plant from them placed inside the Temple? Zey's eyes narrowed at the thought as he glanced down to the lightsaber on his belt.

No. He couldn't think that way. As the Grandmaster he couldn't afford to. He had to trust the other Jedi, although...

He subtly reached out in the Force towards Archisa trying to gauge her mood and the honesty of her claims. He sighed inwardly. He sensed no deception from her, though a well trained enough agent could probably hide that as well. At least her information (if it could be trusted) seemed to reinforce what they already knew. They seemed to be facing multitudes of droids, but few Sith. That would make what they would eventually have to do much easier.

His smile returned at the inquiry into Padawan Battershell's health. But was this a question meant to disarm them, or was it genuine concern? The smile faded away. Bah, he hated this sort of second guessing. He thought to the device in the sealed box next to his chair. There was someone here who was not what he...or she appeared, of that he was certain. So no matter how much he hated these thoughts, there was a reason for his mistrust.

Kasha Sherland answered for her padawan's health before adding her own analysis of the situation. It would be the height of irony if the Sith had come here for the dark crystal that the Guardains had just destroyed. Sadly even if that was the case he doubted the Sith would just go home and leave the Jedi alone upon finding that the purpose for their arrival had already been destroyed. No, these Sith were here to stay, and while denying them their prize would be a victory, it would be a hollow one if it meant all of their deaths.

Piim for her part was visibly disturbed by the idea of destroying any relics, either in, under or around the Temple. Zey shared that concern, though there was another one that was even more prevalent. Knight Trevalus broke his own silence to give voice to that same concern.

"Is it the crystal or some other artifact is immaterial, we can guess until the numbers of the Legions of Lettow have passed thrice from every lip, but only the Force could truly show if they desire what we have as a possession only or what we take for granted as our own life. We could even destroy every item to chance we break the one they want to only find what they need is hidden in the foundations or walls due to it's nature having been hidden by the first ones that built this place, or perchance built it atop of. We can peruse, we can trap every artifact in case we fall and still fail."

It was an elegant statement and Zey nodded his approval of Hochner's words. They never could be sure that what they destroyed was truly the target, and until they were sure they would always be searching. It would be a wild bantha chase. Piim too reluctantly nodded her assent, though Zey suspected her reasoing was slightly different. Even if they could find the right relic, both Masters knew that she would be against its destruction. The loss of history and the chance for study that such destruction represented disgusted her.

Then the Kubaz Knight addressed the ronto in the room.

"I would say to this council a more dire situation needs found first. How we lost our defenses that would of let us be in this contemplation without such loss, know of any such words? Any here?"

Zey stroked his beard thoughtfully. "Thank you Knight Archisa. If you would remain here, we will be bringing in the Sith one by one for questioning soon. Your offer of help in that regard is appreciated, and I intend to take advantage of it."

He waited until she had retreated back to her place along the far wall from the council, standing with the others. "As to the concerns of Knight Trevalus." He reached down to box conatining the Sith device and opened it. "It is a concern that I share as well." He reached into the box and removed the object now, holding it in front of him as he sat for all to see. "In fact I believe that finding the answer to that question is of utmost importance for our continued survival." He indicated the device in his lap now. "As you all know, I was in the TCC when the power went out, and while Major Taab directed our forcesI sought a way to restore our primary defenses. I found that it was this device which cut the power and left us open to attack." He handed the device to Master Piim who examined it closely.

"It was placed inside the primary power control terminal, by who I don't know." Master Piim's eyes grew wide with shock as she heard that news. "Yes. Someone that was already inside the Temple endeavored to shut down our systems and leave us open to assault from the Sith." Piim nearly dropped the device at that news, but managed to hand it off to Knight Trevalus who was seated next to her for his inspection. "My fellow Jedi, we have a Sith or Sith sympethizer in our midst, and we must do our utmost to flush the traitor out."

He looked them all in the eye. There was no telling who it could be, it could even be a member of this very Council. That was why he hadn't told them all of this until now. He had to think of his own plan of action, one that demonstrated his trust in them. "Fellow Jedi, it was for this reason that I wanted Major Taab out of the Council Chamber. Not only is he an outsider and thus has no business being privy to our inner workings, I just don't trus..." He paused for a moment before correcting himself. "I don't want him to lead this investigation."

He left his other thoughts on the matter left unsaid. The Mandalorian was hired by persons unknown to "protect" their Temple. In turn he had been given a position of great authority and responsibility within the Temple command structure. He had ample opportunity along with the know how to the place the Sith device without anyone's knowledge. He was Zey's primary suspect, though he didn't say as much for fear of influencing the subject of what he said next.

"Instead I want Knight Dareagen to lead the investigation." He motioned for the newly arrived Knight to come forward. His arrival had been fortuitous, and the timing of which meant he couldn't have placed the device which shut down the Temple's defenses. Granted his timely arrival could have all been a part of the Sith plot, but that didn't seem right. In any case he would soon find out, and if his judgement was in error, then all the Jedi would pay for it.

"You will have the whole authority of the Council backing you. Leave no stone unturned. Any assets you need will be provided to you. No one, not even other members of the Council are to be above suspicion. When you have made your findings report them to myself and Master Piim together. We will convene the Council then to discuss our next move. This is of vital importance. We must clear the droid army and their Sith masters from our world and bring down their Star Destroyer in orbit. But so long as there is a traitor among us we dare not move forward, for they would surely undermine our efforts."

He knew it was a great responsibility to be placing on the newly arrived Knight's shoulders, but he knew that the others here would help him in any way they could.

"Now are there any questions or comments regarding this before I have Taab bring one of the Sith for questioning?" He looked around the room again. "I would like this issue put to bed before our Chief of Security arrives so that Knight Dareagen can begin his investigation unfettered.".

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Falcon, Skywalker_T-65, Runjedirun, Ananta Chetan, galactic-vagabond422

[​IMG]

13. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Kai Dareagen
    Council Chambers, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

It takes everything Kai has not to shiver. He is standing before the Council of The Temple of Light it would be disrespectful to chatter ones teeth in their presence, especially when there were serious matters to be discussed. Even with all the decorum he is putting on the little boy inside him wants nothing more than a warm blanket and a hot drink. It is his own fault, he ran out to the edge of the galaxy with only the clothes on his back and a Twin Tail. He didn’t even give a goodbye to his master or friends. He looks around getting a feeling of emptiness from the space. It is unlike the temple back on Ossus all the seats were filled or at least, could be filled had their occupant been present. It seems to the Knight that this group is missing some of its number. The Mandalorian was first to report, giving a summary of what had happened on the ground and in the sky and giving a description of the current situation. They were safe but, for how long. He picks up on a bit of tension between Grand Master Zey and the Chief of Security as the former sends the latter away.

What is that being doing here anyways? Kai thinks to himself, Mando Mercs are Jedi Killers not Jedi Protectors. Knight Loother steps forward to present her report from a speeder patrol she was on, they found a camp and a transmitter before the attack began. She mentions one Knights being lost and Kai feels one of the masters cringe. The feeling emanates from the Togrutan to Zey’s right. That master has a similar signature in the Force as Kai’s master Dyein Sarr, peaceful, and pained by every life lost.

"Thank you for your report, and your bravery, Knight Loother.” The peaceful master says, “We are glad you have returned to us safely. It seems the Council has no further questions of you at this time, but please remain here in the chamber as we may wish to pose questions to you after hearing from our other witnesses to recent events." She pauses as Knight Loother steps back from the center. “Knight Archisa is it?" The older master continues addressing the Mirialan Jedi Kai met earlier outside the temple, "Knight Archisa, please come forward and tell us how you came to be here with us at the Temple, and any insight you might have as to the unwanted guests orbiting this world.

The Knight gives a rather formal greeting then launches into the tale of how she came to be aboard the Pallaeon, and the goal of the Sith aggressors, to find a relic that could raise the dead. The young knight’s stomach turns, it was an affront to everything he was taught as a padawan, once someone dies they must remain so, it is the will of the Force. Going against that is an absolute perversion of light, a thing born of pure darkness.

That’s why the Force brought him here, to stop these Sith before they can find this relic and spread their evil to the broader galaxy. The instant that thought enters his mind his thoughts drift to if he should fail. Would he be one of the many undead soldiers for the shambling army? What would be this sect’s next target, the temple on Ossus? Thoughts of him killing his master flood the young man’s mind. He cannot stop the possible images, the dead faces of his friends Connis and Arca, the pained expressions of other knights as they fall, and the blood of padawans staining the floor. He screws his eyes shut and takes a deep breath, he cannot allow these things to happen. He resolves to do everything he can to prevent the enemy from completing its mission, but he cannot use anger and hate to fuel this fight. If he were to give in he would only fall to the darkness he is struggling against.

His mind returns to the task at hand as Kinght Archisa mentions the two Sith prisoners that were captured. She believes it is all a part of the plan, Kai is inclined to agree. The camp, the transmitter, the power going out, shows much prior planning on the opposition’s part, to think that they would also allow some to be capture to further their goals was not out of the question. After describing in greater detail her escape, it which Kai had only a small part, Archisa asks after the padawan that covered their approach to the temple. Master Sherland as to her padawan’s current state and made mention of relic destroyed before this most recent attack. The Kubaz Trevalus says that there are many relics within the walls of the temple and even if all of them were to be eliminated, there could be many more unknown to the Jedi hidden anywhere on the grounds. It is a waiting game then, wait for the Sith to show there hand and stop them. Master Zey thanks the Mirialan for her report and asks that she remain for assistance with the interrogations of the two captured beings.

"As you all know,” the grand master continues “I was in the TCC when the power went out, and while Major Taab directed our forces I sought a way to restore our primary defenses. I found that it was this device” he presents an object of mysterious construction, “which cut the power and left us open to attack." Zey goes on to say that the object is irrefutable proof that there is a traitor in their mists and that this person must be found. The revelation of a turncoat in the temple shocks the Togruan to the point where she nearly drops the object that nearly killed them all.

…I want Knight Dareagen to lead the investigation."

Wait, what, the young knight thinks. He is shocked by this statement and nearly forgets to step forward when motioned by Master Zey.

"You will have the whole authority of the Council backing you. Leave no stone unturned. Any assets you need will be provided to you. No one, not even other members of the Council are to be above suspicion. When you have made your findings report them to myself and Master Piim together. We will convene the Council then to discuss our next move. This is of vital importance. We must clear the droid army and their Sith masters from our world and bring down their Star Destroyer in orbit. But so long as there is a traitor among us we dare not move forward, for they would surely undermine our efforts."

The inexperienced Knight feels a weight on his shoulders. He had been a part of investigations before but, never one of this magnitude. Also he was with a team of Jedi, not on his own. He takes another deep breath trying to calm his nerves. He can feel the other Jedi staring at him. He has just become something of an inquisitor. Would they close ranks to protect themselves or, would they cooperate? Part of him knows it is the best option available. Kai was in space when the lights went out, making it highly unlikely that he was involved in the planting of the device.

"Now are there any questions or comments regarding this before I have Taab bring one of the Sith for questioning?" Master Zey looks around the room again. "I would like this issue put to bed before our Chief of Security arrives so that Knight Dareagen can begin his investigation unfettered." Kai swallows hard. How much longer would he have to endure the piercing gaze of his peers now turned suspects?

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Master Selkath Mitth_Fisto The_Zeltron Falcon Skywalker_T-65 Runjedirun Ananta Chetan

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Tactical Command Centre, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

"We encountered a Sith.... I was by the East entrance and there was a Sith woman there leading the droids...." Ian Thrace blurted to the room in general; continuing, after a significant pause, to comment on the woman's rather exotic choice of armament. A Lightwhip, yet! Difficult for a beginner to use effectively, at least without the wielder risking self-inflicted amputations, and difficult to defend against. Even Grandmaster Luke had had problems, despite his years of experience and also despite going 'Jar'Kai' with a purpose-designed - and purpose-built - Shoto as his secondary weapon.

Ian concluded by revealing the Sith female had been taken prisoner on the orders of one 'Master Piim' - a new name to Tim; unsurprising as there were many Jedi he hadn't been introduced to yet, having either been away on the rescue mission when he'd arrived or else held captive by the Rakata - and ending an uncharacteristically (for him) long speech with an expressed part-suggestion, part-hope, that she was the only Sith involved.

Not so; as Knight Larod was quick to reveal. Almost incredibly, a second Sith prisoner had been taken, and Larod activated a live-feed Security Holo of the Detention Area to prove it. He was just starting to say something about the Sith's Pellaeon-class when interrupted by a Comm-call from Major Taab, to the effect that he was diverting to the Armoury to issue a replacement weapon to one 'Knight Aroon' - also a new name to Tim.

"He doesn't sound very happy." the Knight replied; with, what looked suspiciously like a wink, in Ian's direction. "Maybe we should ask him when he arrives what is going on with the prisoners. He's head of security, he has to know something right?" He next swivelled to look at the, still silent, figures of Miss Lenea and Padawan Tano, the Togruta Jedi he'd first seen in the Library - both of whom seemed to be concentrating intently - perhaps a bit too intently on their assigned displays. Something Tim's training had taught him not to do, as over-concentration on one aspect often blinds the observer to important actions elsewhere - a fact well known to Illusionists and exemplified by the infamous 'Smashball Court Observation Test'. The testers implying, but never actually saying, that the number of touches in each rally was what the wanted information, so almost all subjects were floored by the real question of "What did the Gundark do?". They'd been concentrating so hard on the ball that very few noticed a Gundark (actually an actor in a Gundark costume) jump the far barrier and run across the play area!

Turning to Tim the Knight said; "With the Major on the way I think we should abstain from accessing the sensor logs for now Mr. Battershell,", He gave Tim a quick nod before continuing; "I commend you on the idea though. It is good to know that we have others besides the Mandalorian who can access the inner workings of these systems with some degree of competency."

"Not sounding very happy appears to be the Major's default setting, Sir, according to my, admittedly very limited, contact with him! And unlikely to be improved by knowing that I've been trained to System Engineer standard on this type of unit; so most definitely agreed! You'll appreciate that not everything goes into the User-level manuals - too much chance of someone's performance 'improving' tweaks messing up the entire system; usually getting it to fire on all and sundry! That's why my first employer tried to discourage clients from installing the things where they could! Customer is always right, of course, so they couldn't avoid putting some in. My job title of 'System Analyst' covered figuring out why systems had either 'gone rogue', or stopped working entirely, as well as scrutinising other employees' planned layouts to ensure there weren't any null areas accidentally left in the coverage.

Of course, I've just talked myself into a position fairly high up on any suspect list; but better I came straight out with it than attempt to cover it up."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik - Indirectly Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  15. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC: Ian Thrace
    TCC, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime.

Ian considered the words of Knight Larod. The power had been cut, and it hadn't been a quick and easy fix. It had been done by somene who knew what they were doing and who had the time and opportuinty to do so. Ian may have been young, he may have harbored great fear sometimes, but he was no idiot. He quickly jumped to his own conclusion. Someone here was working with the Sith! He closed his eyes and began shaking, as he felt first fear and then rage build up in him slowly. Who would do such a thing? Who would try to take away the one place he had ever felt safe...well mostly. Who?

"We have a traitor in the Temple!" He suddenly whispered to himself. He felt a chill in the air, one that soon subsided as his rage and fear were quelled as well. It seemed that voicing his frustrations had calmed him down somewhat. He blinked, once, twice, three times as he regained his composure. He hoped no one had heard him, especially after what he heard padawan Battershell say next.

He was right, the Mandalorian never seemed happy. He was a bully and a thug and Ian had wished on more than one occasion that he would just leave the Temple and be on his way. Naturally that meant that he was on his way here to torment Ian yet again, at least that's what it sounded like. He really didn't want to be around here for that again, it was one of the reasons he hated being assigned to the TCC, the Mando always seemed to be here.

Ian bit his lower lip at that thought. The Mandalorian always seemed to be here. The Mandalorian knew these systems better than anyone. The Mandalorian was always angry, he didn't want to be here, he had to be here. Most of all, the Mandalorian was a Mandalorian. The traitor had to be him!

Ian was so giddy with excitment that he became light headed. He had figured it all out! He was going to save the day, and better yet rid himself of the antagonist to end all antagonists! He was about to speak, but didn't want to interrupt padawan Battershell. The older padawan certainly had alot of experiance with security systems as well. So much so that he could have been the one that had shut down the system.

Maybe that was why he had wanted access to it again. To erase any signature of what he had done before! Or maybe he planned on doing it again! Maybe Ian's first thought had been in error (too bad it would be truly wonderful if it were Taab that had betrayed them). Maybe it really was Battershell, he was too old to be a padawan anyway. And he seemed to have something to say about everything. Would someone that well travelled, someone who had seen and knew that much really be at the same rank as lowly Ian? Of course not. But who would consider an apprentice to be a spy? It was the perfect cover! What Battershell said next simply confirmed his suspicions.

"Of course, I've just talked myself into a position fairly high up on any suspect list; but better I came straight out with it than attempt to cover it up." Oh that was just something a spy would say to divert attention from himself. Ian's hand moved down to the lightsaber on his belt. He couldn't say anything, not now. If Tim (if that was really his name) was the spy, then he was more powerful than he let on. Certainly more powerful than a mere padawan. He would have to wait and watch, to make sure that "padawan Battershell" didn't do anything to cause them all harm and the next chance he got he would bring his suspicions of both Taab and "padawan Battershell" to his Master. The Grandmaster would know what to do.

TAG: Tim Battershell, Padawan4687, Skywalker_T-65, @Bardan Jusik

16. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Council Chambers - Temple of Light

Excuse me for a moment...I shall return shortly...Suraya said to those standing nearby, but to no one in particular in the back of the Council chambers. After finishing her report, she had felt her knees become weak and begin to wobble, most likely from exhaustion, at least she hoped. Better to step out and get some water and disengage from the grim proceedings for a bit. Briskly striding down the hallway she lowered her head and avoided the eye contact of many curious gazes in search of a fountain.

As she drank her fill and washed her face Suraya's mind drifted back to her impressions of some of the Council members, the Grand Masters in particular. Piim was a steady flame, one with whom she already felt a sort of silent kinship, but Zey...what was it about the elder bearded Jedi that somehow seemed to flicker as he listened to her testimony? She could not be sure if her intuition was not just noticing his particular temperament and Force presence for the first time or if her feeling had any substance, but she decided not to dwell on it.

Finding a niche nearby with a few vacant mediation cushions with windows facing the garden she plopped her tired frame down cross-legged and closed her eyes for a few solitary moments more before returning. Withdrawing her external senses she focused on the pure felt Force presence within and allowed her individuality to blissfully melt into it.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Master Selkath @Mitth_Fisto @The_Zeltron @Falcon @Skywalker_T-65 @Runjedirun @galactic-vagabond422

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Character sheet: GM approved.

Name: Zurros Ka

Homeworld: Falleen

Hair: Brown, single ponytail growing from the back of the head

Eyes: Clear Blue

Height: 180cm

Weapons: Dual lightsabers

Ship: RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor

Biography: Born to an assassin of the Falleen Federation, His mother, Zule Ka sensed the force in him while he was very young, and began to mould him into an assassin so that they might partner in the future. As he grew and his force training began to intensify, he began to ask questions regarding his father and how she knew the force. All Zule would say is that she had a trainer who left shortly before he was born. Zurros began to believe that his mothers teacher was his father, sensing that she did not want to speak of it, Zurros let it go.
    As his power began to grow, Zule started to take him on jobs and it wasn’t long before he was fully initiated and between them they did their kings bidding. The king became concerned at the power they controlled, and felt that with the 2 of them aligned they could overthrow him and take control of the Federation. With this in mind, he sent them on a contract which was an ambush. When they arrived at the job site, Zule sensed something was amiss. Unfortunately the sense came too late and she was mown down by a hail of blaster fire. Zurros managed to escape his pursuers and fled to the outer rim in order to plan his revenge. His anger was so great that the tremor in the force attracted the attention of the Jedi ambassador assigned to the outer rim territories. Who convinced Zurros to put aside his anger and follow the path of the Jedi.

Personalities and traits:
    As with most of his race, he is secluded and keeps to himself, but he is slowly overcoming this as his comfort around his fellow Jedi increases

Powers and abilities:
    To exude pheromones in order to attract the opposite sex, although these are very rarely used.
    Force powers: Is still in the learning phase of force use, but at this point he has a fairly powerful connection with the force and can manipulate objects easily

Lightsaber training:The natural grace and athleticism of his species helps greatly in lightsaber combat. Learned the Ataru (otherwise known as "The Way of the Hawk-Bat") combat style from his mother, and spent several decades perfecting his technique. He is a dangerous opponent in any lightsaber battle.

Equipment:
    Dual blue lightabers, both can be wielded either single or double handed.

Droid companions:
    No one droid is his companion, he uses them when he needs to

Clothing:
    Tight fitting black shirt and trousers, underneath Jedi robes.

Pearlsaber and Tim Battershell like this.
  18. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Lenea Sandstrider
    TCC

It was almost too easy to look like she was actually doing work, Lenea reflected. She didn't know what the apparent Padawan next to her was doing, but she herself was certainly not monitoring the sensors with anything but a cursory glance occasionally. No, she was doing something far more productive with her time. Something more important to her, than monitoring sensors that were being monitored by others and would otherwise alert her if something happened.

No, she was busy bugging her brother to tell her what the Council was up to.

"Come on Danny, you're finally on the thing and you won't tell me anything?"

"No, I won't. You don't hold a Jedi rank, and I can't betray the trust they put in me here. Not even for you sis, at least until I am told I can tell you something."

"Kill joy..."

Deciding that ignoring Danny may make him change his mind, Lenea started paying more attention to those around her. Tim had just come off one of his long-winded speeches when she did, leading to the young woman only catching the very end of it. Not that it mattered, when said very end almost made her laugh. She had sorta-heard that they had someone shut off the power to the Temple during the battle. Which was worrying admittedly, since she was in the Temple now. But the way he worded it...

"Of course, I've just talked myself into a position fairly high up on any suspect list; but better I came straight out with it than attempt to cover it up."

"Somehow I doubt it was you," she couldn't quite hold back a laugh, "Not any more likely than it being me or Danny anyway. We were all up in orbit when this went down, and if you had something to do with it I'd probably be free-floating vapor right about now, with how often you were behind me during that descent. 'Sides, the last thing a spy would do is admit to having the skills...kinda pointless, because then everyone is looking at you."

After she said that, the brown-haired woman did put a finger to her chin.

"Though, admittedly, it would be perfect to distract from the person who actually did it. That would require more than one person however, and you arrived alone and haven't really interacted with anyone but me and your Master for sometime so...doubtful."

That still did leave it an open question who was behind what had happened however...

IC: Daniel Sandstrider
    Council Chamber

Daniel had been silently observing the proceedings in front of him. There was relatively little he could contribute up to this point in the Council meeting, due in part to keeping his sister's curiosity in check. More importantly than that however, was the issue that he had nothing to contribute in either the scout teams report, or the talk about how their new guest had escaped the Destroyer. Lenea would have been better equipped to talk about that one, having been the first to really notice that there was a Jedi aboard the Pelly, and the one to help them escape. As she was not here, however, there was nothing to be said from him on either of those subjects.

The idea of a traitor in their midst though...that worried him, perhaps more than it should. His community back home was very tight...the idea of a traitor was impossible to him, in more ways than one. But...it was always possible. Clearly, they had either a traitor or a spy...or both. Not an appealing thought, to put things mildly.

That being said, it did finally give him a chance to speak.

"We must clear the droid army and their Sith masters from our world and bring down their Star Destroyer in orbit."

More specifically, talking about the Destroyer. Letting the new Grand Master finish his speech, Daniel spoke up about that subject.

"Bringing down the Destroyer is not going to be an easy task, even if driving the Sith from Saridona were not hard on its own," and on this subject, Daniel spoke from hard experience, "the Redemption will not be able to return for some time. She took damage that will take weeks, at minimum, to repair. We damaged the Sith just as badly, but I believe we only have a handful of fighter craft available."

After saying that, he looked at the others, before continuing, "That being said, I do agree with focusing on discovering the potential traitor first and foremost. So long as we have to worry about our backs, we will not be able to effectively engage the Sith. I would request to abstain from questioning the Sith however...I am not...the best around the Dark Side, not after the crystal. With the Council's permission, I would like to assist my sister in the TCC during the questioning. Perhaps I can find something in the records there?"

His piece said, all Daniel could do was wait for a response. He was aware it would look odd to ask to be left out of the questioning, despite being a Knight on the Council. But he was not exaggerating his problems with the Dark Side...not after what had happened with that crystal...

TAG: Bardan_Jusik , Gotab , Tim Battershell , galactic-vagabond422 +the rest of the Council/TCC group

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Knight Reese and Knight Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Armory, Temple of Light.

Reese flexed his right arm, listening to the light whirring sound it made. It was bionic of course. A cybernetic replacement for the arm he had lost during the Sith-Imperial war. He rarely, if ever, thought about the circumstances of losing the arm, the pain of the lightsaber as it cut through his flesh just above the elbow. It was lost, and so he had moved on. But during the battle with the droid army just hours ago it had become damaged, and now the whirring of the rotors and servos were a distraction, and a constant reminder of what had occurred those many years ago. It irked him, and standing this post made him no less anxious.

In contrast the younger of his two companions, Knight Rand, was the very model of serene stoicism. He too had lost much during the war and its aftermath, though nothing so attached to him as his arm. Even if he had, the consular Knight would have projected the same attitude that he did now. Not much seemed to phase him.

The elder companion was oddly enough of lesser rank then the two humans. He was a Falleen padawan by the name of Zurros Ka. Still despite his lack of seniority within the Jedi ranks, he had the look of an experienced warrior. Reese was sure he had done well for himself during the droid invasion of the Temple. Reese wasn't sure why the Falleen had been given this assignment with he and Rand. Neither were his master. In fact he wasn't sure if a master had even been assigned to Ka. So much had happened since their return from the ruins that not everyone had been assigned yet. When the Council had the time he was sure that the promising force user would make for an excllent apprentice, but rumor had it that the Council was dealing with much larger issues right now though.

How he had come here was also a mystery to Rand and Reese both, though it was clear that all three of them had come under the influence of the Rakatan dark crystal. Thank the Force that the Guardians had destroyed it, thus freeing their minds.

Much confusion had followed their release though. Reese himself found he had gaps in his memory, some going as far back as the war, and some far more recent. He found he had no idea how long he had been under the crystal's control. He couldn't even recollect how or why he had come to this planet in the first place. Rand it seemed suffered from no such loss of memory, though he was tight lipped about his own past. Reese didn't blame him, a sense of paranoia had descended upon the Temple following the Sith attack on their home and Reese wasn't sure when it would be lifted.

The attack. Thoughts of it caused Reese to flex his hand once again, the whirring growing louder. At least the attack had given them all something to do, something to focus on aside from lost memories and finding their place in the Temple. It was almost a welcome relief to put his lightsaber to good use. It took his mind off of the problems they all had.

Of course now those problems were worse, even if not as immediate, and Reese had nothing but time to contemplate those problems as he and the others stood guard outside the armory's heavily shielded doors. It was an easy assignment for the three of them, though it did little to allow the two Knights to gauge the abilities of the padawan. Reese supposed he should count his blessings on that score as he regarded his cybernetic hand once again. Anything that put their skills to the test right now might have deadly consequences for the Jedi. He clenched his bionic hand into a fist, trying to ignore the slight crunching sound it made from inside. He would have to get it looked at and hopefully repaired. So focused on it though was he that Rand startled him when he suddenly called out,

"Ah, greetings Aroon, Major Taab. What brings you down here to our lovely post?"

Reese looked up and saw an unlikely pair approaching them. The armory of course was Taab's home away from home when he wasn't on that force forsaken ship of his or the TCC, but he had never seen Aroon here before. Reese looked to the Ka and wondered what his reaction would be to this welcome distraction to their routine.

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Aroon (NPC)
    Armory, Temple of Light

The gentle Coruscanti accent of Elim Rand grated on Taab's nerves, and he suspected that the Jedi Knight knew it. Taab for his part couldn't help the feeling that he had taken on a bounty for the man sometime in the past, though his records didn't indicate such. Still there was something vaguely familiar about the man he had coined the negotiator.

"Knight...Aroon," it still bothered him that he hadn't come up with a name for the terribly forgettable Jedi, "has no weapon. We are here to get him one." The odd Jedi accompanying him nodded eagerly at Taab's words.

Taab heard the whirring and buzzing from the other Jedi's cybernetic right arm. He turned to the muscular human and indicated his chrome colored, skeletal looking appendage. "You might want to get that looked at there Lefty (Reese)."

The Jedi narrowed his eyes at him before responding gruffly himself, "I intend to." But Taab was already looking to the padawan in the group, recognizing him at least from the scans of those entering the Temple after being freed from the ruins. Taab called up the brief file on his HUD. Oh, so the old A-Wing gathering dust in the Temple's tertiary hanger bay was his. Who knew how long it, or he had been on world? All he knew that he, like the majority of Jedi now here in the Temple of Light had been brought in after regaining their freedom. Well if the General (Zey) wasn't going to keep him in the loop it was up to Taab to ask his own questions.

"You been assigned a master yet, Mister Smooth (Zurros Ka)?"

TAG: Zurros Ka, welcome to the game. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

[​IMG]

20. Zurros Ka

Feb 26, 2015
    IC: Zurros Ka
    Armoury, Temple of Light

Zurros stood at his post, with 2 Jedi Knights for company. Knight Reese’s bionic arm had taken damage during the battle-droid invasion and was making very strange noises. He blocked out the noise and remembered the battle, he still had much training to do before he could call himself a Jedi, even after all these decades he still felt battle lust building within him before a fight. He managed to calm himself using the Jedi calming techniques he had been taught, but even the fact that it came unbidden was enough to make him realise he needed to control his emotions better.

Knight Rand called out a greeting; Zurros turned and saw the Mandalorian, Major Taab, and another Jedi knight approaching the armoury doors. Major Taab explained that his companion had lost his lightsaber and needed a new one. Zurros couldn’t imagine losing his weapons.

He had never really had any extended interaction with the Mandalorian, idly he wondered if they had ever crossed paths before now. He had worked with and against several of their creed during his assassin days.

"You been assigned a master yet, Mister Smooth? Taab asked

Zurros smiled at the nickname and decided to show the Mandalorian some respect with his reply of:

“Nayc”

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik

21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Bringing down the Destroyer is not going to be an easy task,” Knight Sandstrider says, for the groups benefit than for Kai who still stands in the middle of the room facing the assembled council. “Even if driving the Sith from Saridona were not hard on its own," The knight’s words carry weight to Kai, like the person speaking them had been in this situation before. "The Redemption will not be able to return for some time. She took damage that will take weeks, at minimum, to repair. We damaged the Sith just as badly, but I believe we only have a handful of fighter craft available." He pauses to look at the group. The younger Jedi in the middle feels a bit of unease, he’d seen the state the Redemption was in last he saw, it wasn’t good. That memory brought up all the lives lost in the space above this planet. He can’t think about that now, he had to focus.

"That being said,” Sandstrider, continues “I do agree with focusing on discovering the potential traitor first and foremost. So long as we have to worry about our backs, we will not be able to effectively engage the Sith. I would request to abstain from questioning the Sith however...I am not...the best around the Dark Side, not after the crystal. With the Council's permission, I would like to assist my sister in the TCC during the questioning. Perhaps I can find something in the records there?" That is the second time someone mentioned ‘The Crystal’ what is it. That’s a question for another time, or maybe not, it could be linked to ‘The Traitor’. Kai stands quietly for a long time. He notices something missing, the presence of the Mirialan Jedi Archisa. His mind brings up the fact that she did escape from the Sith battleship rather easily, could she be a plant? Could she be involved in the larger plot?

Stop that, He silently scolds himself, This isn’t the time to go ranting like a lunatic conspiracy theorist. The room is quiet, sufficient time had passed it is time for him to speak up.

“Ex-“ he stumbles over the first syllable of his words, voice warbling from his own nervous tremors. “Excuse me, Masters but,” He swallows hard. “I would like any recordings of the comings and goings from the TCC from about three hours before the lights went out,” That seemed like a sound request, but, how would he recognize anyone? He couldn’t ask any of the members of the council to help him right? Anyone of them could be the infiltrator. “Ah…also a full roster of everyone in the temple at that time, preferably with holos and physical descriptions, so I can tell who’s who,” Did they have records like that, he’d find out soon,

“I would also like to take possession of the device that killed,” he pauses for a moment to congratulate himself on his wonderful word choice, “that uh, shut down the power,” His hand begins to shake again, how many more times can he embarrass himself,

“As well, I would like a rather private space to work on the investigation, somewhere quiet, preferably in your library or archive, I may need the data stored there.” The young Jedi bows his head, “I apologize, for asking so much all at once but, I believe it necessary to start my investigation.” He tries to keep his voice even as he speaks, attempting to regain a little bit of his confidence. It didn’t really work but, he can’t change the path he’s now on, sink or swim time.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Skywalker_T-65 Ananta Chetan Falcon The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto Runjedirun Master Selkath

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Aroon (NPC)
    Armory, Temple of Light

"Nayc."

Taab smiled behind his faceplate at the answer to his question. Finally, someone who understood the efficiency of a simple response, and in mando'a too. It told him much about the padawan. The Mandalorian used his pass key to open up the armory doors which swung open for he and Aroon. The pair of them entered without another word, leaving the guards outside.

The sight of the walls festooned with weapons brought another smile to his lips. So many had come from the weapon's cache on the Kor'le homestead back on Manda'yaim. It had almost pained him to take the old clone wars era weaponry and bring it off world to this place, to serve the Jedi. But it was what Kor'le had wanted, and so he had done it. Besides without those arms, the weapon racks here would be nearly empty. He knew there were plenty of other caches back on Mandalore, this one wouldn't be missed, and the small arms could actually be put to good use here.

He looked to the other side of the armory, where several training sabers hung in leather sheaths. These were used for sparring among the younger Jedi, the ones not accustomed to fighting with a real weapon yet, those who might cut off their own arm in practice. Taab wondered briefly if that was what had happened to Lefty, though he doubted it. His loss occured in battle, the man was a warrior, even Taab could feel it. He looked closer at the jetii'kade now. He knew there were a few "spare" lightsabers here, other blades used by padawans for practice after they had graduated from training sabers but not yet constructed their own. One of those would suffice.

Finally he found what he was looking for, there were less than a half dozen of them, but Aroon had promised to return this blade once he had constructed his own. Taab saw no reason not to take him at his word. He handed over the hilt to the Jedi. "Function check that first," he spoke gruffly.

The man took the blade and pressed the activation switch. snap-hiss. The sound immediately filled the room as the bar of bright green plasma erupted from it. Taab could never get used to that sound, it always set him on edge. It was the sound of the preferred weapon of his longtime enemy, and it made a very distinctive sound when activated. Whenever he heard it, he mentally prepared himself for battle.

But there was to be no fighting here, not by the green lit smile on Aroon's face as he gently swung the blade from left to right and back again a few times. Satisfied with the weapon's handling he extinguished the blade and hung it on his belt. "Thank you Mr. Taab, this will do nicely." Taab nodded in reply. "Well alright then, go and check on your padawan. I have places to be."

They left the armory vault to go their separate ways and Taab sealed the door behind him. In doing so he glanced over to where padawan Ka still stood by, no doubt bored with his current assignment. He hadn't been assigned a master yet, but that didn't mean he couldn't start learning now. "You're with me Mister Smooth (Zurros Ka)." He would bring him to the TCC and have him start learning the tactical systems. "Knight Aroon, when you're done with your padawan return here and help Lefty (Reese) and the Negotiator (Rand) with their duties." His own set of orders given he stalked off towards the TCC with the Falleen padawan in tow.

TAG: Zurros Ka

IC: Knight Larod (NPC)
    TCC, Temple of Light

Larod felt himself being drawn into the speculation running wild within the TCC. So far no outright accusations had been made, but it seemed padawan Battershell and Lenea Sandstrider were quick to defend of their own abilities. It was disconcerting and doubt hung in the confined space of the command center like a dark cloud over them all.

"Mr. Battershell, Ms. Sandstrider," he addressed them both formally. "Maybe some additional information can pierce the darkness. You both seem to have a good idea of how things work here. Is it possible for the two of you, in concert, to access the computer logs and try to piece together what happened to our defenses?"

TAG: Tim Battershell, Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65

[​IMG]

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: General Hector Zey/Master Piim (NPC)
    Council Chambers, Temple of Light

Master Piim raised a concerned eyebrow and her headtails trembled slightly as Knight Archisa took her leave of the Council chamber. She had been through much of late and it seemed that the moment might have overwhelmed her. She wanted to follow her out of the chamber, but stopped herself. Best to give the Mirialan her space for a now. She had already volunteered to help with the interrogation of the Sith who had imprisoned her and murdered her padawan. She needed her strength.

The concerns voiced by Sandstrider regarding the dark side were even more vexing. It seemed that Grandmaster Zey shared that assessment. "Knight Sandstrider, Daniel," he began. "Your expertise as a starship commander will be vital in determining the veracity of whatever we get from the Sith regarding their ship's defenses." He sighed. "The darkside has touched us all recently, some more than others. We must find it within ourselves to fight that darkness in the best way we can." He looked around the room gravely.

"If you feel you are not up to questioning the Sith then you will be excused, but I ask you to reconsider. We are quite literally under siege from the dark side as we speak, you will have to confront it, and your own fears, soon enough."

“Ex- Excuse me, Masters but I would like any recordings of the comings and goings from the TCC from about three hours before the lights went out.” Zey nodded at the request. “Ah…also a full roster of everyone in the temple at that time, preferably with holos and physical descriptions, so I can tell who’s who."

“I would also like to take possession of the device that killed,” there was a pause as Zey smiled wanly at the Knight's poor choice of words. “That uh, shut down the power,” His nervousness was apparent now, you didn't even have to be a Jedi to see that. Still Zey would not second guess his decision to put Dareagen in charge of the investigation.

“As well, I would like a rather private space to work on the investigation, somewhere quiet, preferably in your library or archive, I may need the data stored there.” The young Jedi bowed his head, “I apologize, for asking so much all at once but, I believe it necessary to start my investigation.”

Zey stroked his beard thoughtfully for a moment before looking to Piim who gave a barely perceptible nod in his direction. "An excellent start Kai, an excellent start." He looked to the rest of the council. It seemed that the revelations given here thus far had shocked them all into silence. Or perhaps there was one that was concealing their true nature and didn't want to give anything away. "The Temple Library is at your disposal for your work, and you will be granted access to the security terminal in the Tactical Command Center as well. The information you require should be available to copy from there." He gestured to Trevalus who handed the Sith device over to the Knight in charge of the investigation. "I am sure that Mr. Taab won't be pleased by that access, but you can refer him to me if he has any concerns."

"Now as I sense that you are eager to begin your investigation, you are dismissed. If you would, direct Major Taab here when you arrive in the TCC."

[​IMG]

24. Zurros Ka

Feb 26, 2015
    As the Mandalorian and his unarmed Jedi companion moved passed them, Zurros heard the door to the armoury open. He'd never seen the inside of the armoury before, but rumour had it that there were some unique weapons from the Clone War era. Zurros hoped that one day he might get to examine them.

The sound of a lightsaber igniting pulled his mind back from his musings, it was then he realised that his right hand was resting on the hilt of his primary lightsaber. He had no memory of reaching for his weapon but he knew it was just an instinctive reaction, one he would need to train his body to stop. A lightsaber igniting no longer meant battle everytime.

Stealing a sideways glance at his fellow guards, he didn't think they had noticed him reaching for his weapon but he couldn't be sure.

"You're with me Mister Smooth'' Major Taab said.

Zurros fell into step beside him as the Mandalorian gave orders to his newly armed comapnion.

TAG @Bardan_Jusik

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"Now as I sense that you are eager to begin your investigation,” Grand Master Zey says, Kai was more eager to get out of this increasingly awkward situation. “you are dismissed.” The young Knight lets out a sigh of relief, “If you would, direct Major Taab here when you arrive in the TCC." The sense of reprieve fades quickly. He smiles, trying to hide his own discomfort with having to see the Mandalorian, and begins moving to the exit. Outside the council chamber he walks towards what he thinks is a way out. He remembers some of the route he took to get here but, his mind is missing some details. He is also distracted by the temple itself. It has a very different feel from his home on Ossus, more serene but, also a little isolated.

His lightsaber bounces against his right thigh as he walks looking for the lifts to the lower level. It reminds him of the place he left. He knew his birth family comes from Courscant but, that place never held any connection to him, the Temple was his home and the Jedi within his family. He doesn’t believe he’s feeling home sickness, he hasn’t been away for that long but, he’s a little ashamed for leaving without telling anyone. He is sure to get an earful from Master Sarr, and then Arca will get her words in, bringing to bear the full weight of her piercing gaze, those cold blue eyes seeing right to his heart. A shiver runs up his spine thinking about it. There would be time to contact them later, right now he needs to focus on the task at hand, finding the traitor.

He turns the small device he received from the Kubaz Trevalus over in his hand. It looks rather nondescript but, maybe he could find something in the library that could tell him something more about it, or take it apart and see how it works. He looks around realizing that he is, in fact, lost.

“Should have asked for a map,” The young Knight says to himself.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Ananta Chetan Mitth_Fisto Master Selkath The_Zeltron Falcon Skywalker_T-65 Runjedirun @

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.