main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part I

IC: General Hector Zey/Beskaryc Taab/Master Piim (NPC)/Darth Harbinger (NPC)
    Council Chambers, Temple of Light

Harbinger noticed the anger, the conflict in the Rodian padawan who had entered with Sherland. The Sith cast a short glance in the padawan's direction. A sense of elation ran through him for a moment at being so close to... But the feeling faded. No, this one wasn't the one. He turned his attention back to Sherland and answered her question.

"It's possible, though I doubt Cavillous would anything so rash at this point." Both Grandmaster Zey and Master Piim looked relieved at the news and Harbinger explained further. "Those Jedi, and the promise of one day experimenting on them, is all that kept Darth Veneficus in line. Cavillous won't touch them so long as Veneficus lives." Zey and Piim now shared a glance at that. "Likewise, Sixtus and Darth Velerius wanted to see them thawed out one and a time and turned," Harbinger shook his head now. "But Cavillous won't do that either. He wants them dead, he wants you all dead, but keeping the Jedicicles around kept Velerius and Sixtus in line as well."

Zey was glad for this bit of intelligence, at least it seemed that the prisoners aboard the Sith's Star destroyer were in no immediate danger. A way had to be discovered to rescue them eventually though. "You said you could bring down the Hellfire's shields..." Harbinger nodded. "Yes, if I am provided with the access codes."

Zey looked to Piim who took over. "And if we acquire these codes you will do this for us?"

Harbinger shook his head. "Not for you, for destiny. For the conflict it will bring." His smug smile seemed to almost be glowing now. He was clearly enjoying all of this. There was a slight interruption as Taab entered the Council Chamber and silently took his place watching over the Sith prisoner.

"And...will you tell us, who has the codes?"

Harbinger paused, relishing the moment before answering. He glanced sideways at Taab, thinking to himself, yes now is the time. He looked back to Piim first before staring Zey in the eyes. "It is Darth Zelus, the Sith warrior who led the landing force, who has the codes. But she will never give them to you, or to me, so long as she draws breath."

Zelus? Zey and Piim thought simultaneously to themselves. That meant they would have to invade the caves to get those codes. The pair looked to each other, nodding understanding. They had much to discuss, once this Sith was out of their sight. "I think we've heard enough." Zey stood again. "Major Taab, take this Sith away."

Taab grinned behind his faceplate as he spoke. "As you wish," and guided Harbinger out of the Council Chamber.

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon

[​IMG]

The_Zeltron and Ananta Chetan like this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part II

IC: Knight Letali (NPC)
    Temple Library

Letali frowned at Knight Dareagen's noncommittal answer regarding Taab. Her curiosity had gotten the better of her by now. Dareagen though seemed to have a different plan in mind. “Knight Letali do you think you could ask Knight Aroon to see me again? If it isn’t too much trouble.”

Her frowning stopped. Aroon? Now that was interesting, even if the Jedi Knight himself was not. In fact he was the most boring person Letali had ever met. "Of course," she answered as she went back out into the hallway to comm the suspect back to the library.

IC: Knight Aroon/Knight Reese/Knight Rand/Padawan Zoe (NPCs)
    Temple Armory

"I'm on my way," Aroon spoke into his comm link before placing it back onto his belt. "Sorry, I've been called back to the library." His padawan, Zoe, looked up at him, confusion evident in her eyes though it was Knight Reese that spoke, his mechanical arm still whirring too loudly. "Again?" Knight Rand smiled in amusement. "It appears that Knight Dareagen has more questions for you Aroon, best be on your way." He gave a low chuckle as he said it, apparently he saw no danger here.

However Zoe was disturbed. Why was her Master being recalled again? It was clear by now that Knight Dareagen was in charge of hunting down some sort of Sith spy. Did he suspect her master could be that Sith? Her eyes widened in alarm as Aroon took his leave of them towards the library. "Be careful master!" she shouted, but she got no reply from him.

"Take heart young padawan," Knight Rand explained. "Trust in the Force, everything will unfold as it should."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

IC: Knight Larod (NPC)
    TCC, Temple of Light

The siblings were still silent as to the surveillance plan, so Larod listened instead to padawan Battershell. "A good idea padawan," he said while nodding. "We may indeed be able to trick this Sith into thinking help is on the way." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Of course if the Rogue's departure is indeed a part of the Sith's plot he or she, or even they, would see right through our ruse." He noticed now that padawan Ka had taken it upon himself to follow padawan Tano up to the communication's console.

"We of course still have the problem of not knowing just who this Sith is, or how many there might be. I suggest we follow through on our plan. Unless Daniel has any objections, I'll volunteer to accompany Padawan Battershell in retrieving and setting up his equipment. It's wise to have at least one Knight there to protect him as he works I think." He paused as if in thought. "I also suggest a third member join us. Perhaps padawan Thrace or Miss Sandstrider would volunteer?"

TAG: Tim Battershell, Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka

[​IMG]

Tim Battershell likes this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Kai Dareagen
    The Library, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

You wanted to see me again?” Knight Aroon says softly taking Kai by surprise. It is off-putting how stealthy the man can be without even trying.

“Yes,” the younger knight says gesturing again to the chairs in front of him, “I just have one thing I’d like to ask you, the lightsaber you lost what does it look like? What color is the crystal, are there any special additions you made to have it better suit your style? I only ask so that if I or, anyone else comes across it we can get it back to you.” This is a lie, Kai is only asking to see if he can catch Aroon in a lie. A lightsaber is almost a part of a Jedi it reflects their personality and traits. The young man’s own hilt has a wraparound grip so he can hold on to it as he is flipping around and striking from all sides. A single activation button so he can be ready to fight a soon as possible.

I’d be very grateful for your help” Aroon’s brow raises a little, possibly a sign of genuine surprise, “but, I think it might be wasted effort, I think I must have lost it before the crystal incident.

“You never know,” Kai presses

I guess it can’t hurt,” the calm knight takes a deep breath, “it is rather plain looking chrome and black with only one external control, the activation switch. I feel that other knobs and switches would just get caught on one’s clothing. The crystal is blue in color, a Illum crystal from my time as a Jedi in the New Order, before the war, before the purge.” His voice trails off a bit, “It isn’t smooth it has a textured grip to maintain a firm hold while defending. Other than that it lacks any further embellishment, it’s not flashy but, it suits my preferred style of Soresu.” He fidgets with the lightsaber currently on his belt, looking a little uncomfortable with its presence. “The one Taab gave me is far too much it has a knob that digs into my thigh and an odd protrusion on the emitter ring that catches on my belt.” Again Aroon’s words were even and calm even as he is discussing things he doesn’t like. His description seems very detailed and precise just like he built it. Kai shakes his head, he had run this line of questioning into the ground, and had nothing to show for it. Maybe he should have declined Grandmaster Zey’s offer.

“Thank you for your time, Knight Aroon, I’ll keep an eye out for your lightsaber.” Aroon bows his head and exits as quietly as he entered. Kai leans back in his chair, what to do now? Should he call Master Sherland or is it Knight Sherland, Kai isn’t sure any more, and ask her about the ship leaving? She may be busy with whatever is going on in the council chamber. That thought makes the young knight reach for his saber. He still remembers the dark presences he felt around that place when he passed by on his way to the library. Should he approach the council directly, or wait for some sort of summons? All he knows right now is that he is no closer to finding the saboteur than when he started.

OOC: NPC responses approved by Bardan_Jusik

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Council Chamber, Temple of Light.

Hochner's mind did not travel far down the wood eaters hive for reasons why he had looked at him the way the Sith did. It did not matter, a seer could do so for reasons that only the future 'might' reveal. As the future was always in motion, knowing what would be without question was impossible, after all for every eventuallity there was the possible future where one slaps themselves in the face.

Something which bore mentioning as he had to restrain himself from doing at Knight Sherland's question. It seemed so far afield to their current line of questioning in his mind to stop any consideration of further questioning from himself at the moment. Although in the end as the Sith answered he found once more the reason why there was not merely one nor two paths of a Jedi but many. As the question in itself did bare eggs, crunchy and dense, to the internal struggles and balance of the Sith they were fighting, even the resistance they would face.

Which also implicated a possible trail. Still his questions were not given as the Grand Master gave Security Chief Taab the order to withdraw the prisoner.

Once he was gone he nodded. "We might yet have to resort to torture and drugs it seems." He paused buzzing a mornful tone, although to be honest he did not feel it to his core. Sith were beyond sympathy to run so deep just as one does not feel sorry for his food being killed to be eaten. "I would like to question the Sith more at a later time before we dispose of it, if I survive the encounter with the Sith forces." he stated matter of factly.

TAG: @Master Selkath, Bardan_Jusik, @The_Zeltron, @Ananta Chetan, @Rebecca_Daniels, @Falcon

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Council Chambers Temple of Light

Kasha shook her head as she heard Hochner speak. She didn't agree about torturing the prisoner for answers. She suspected the Sith would take most of what he knew to the grave. She did agree on further questioning the Sith. Maybe there was a way to get the Sith to tell more. If they can retrieve the codes to the Hell Fire they would be able to launch a rescue attempt. "I agree that further questioning is in order. Torture and using drugs is not the Jedi way. We will not stoop down to their level, it will only add more fire to their cause. If he is speaking the truth on who has the codes to the shields of the Hell Fire, I suggest we find this Sith and get her to tell us the codes. From there we can launch an immediate rescue mission for those trapped aboard the Hell Fire."

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Mitth_Fisto, Master Selkath, Ananta Chetan, The_Zeltron, Rebecca_Daniels

6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    TCC, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

Listening to Knight Larod's reply of "We may indeed be able to trick this Sith into thinking help is on the way.... Of course if the Rogue's departure is indeed a part of the Sith's plot he or she, or even they, would see right through our ruse."; Tim knew that a difficult decision was approaching at several points past lightspeed.

Who, if anyone, could be added to his revised 'absolutely trustworthy' list; at present featuring only his Master, her husband, Daniel Sandstrider and Miss Lenea?

As for Larod suggesting the Rogue's abrupt departure had anything to do with a Sith plot, Tim well remembered getting a really close look at his Master's son while teaching the boy some sleight-of-hand moves in the Temple Cafeteria. He also remembered the immediate aftermath of the Sitan incident and the warm smile and respectful bow he'd been given by the unknown female Jedi as he stood defensive guard over an exhausted Kasha Sherland while the newcomer organised Sitan's removal to the Detention Area and Kasha's transport to MedBay. An unknown female Jedi, streaming freezing river-water from her robes and hair. An unknown female Jedi whose saturated hair had given him a clear view of her ears.

"We of course still have the problem of not knowing just who this Sith is, or how many there might be. I suggest we follow through on our plan. Unless Daniel has any objections, I'll volunteer to accompany Padawan Battershell in retrieving and setting up his equipment. It's wise to have at least one Knight there to protect him as he works I think.... I also suggest a third member join us. Perhaps padawan Thrace or Miss Sandstrider would volunteer?"

Of the two, Tim would much prefer Miss Lenea, despite strongly suspecting that Ian Thrace's background included the art of opening locks without benefit of a key, key-card or known combination - perhaps better than Tim could himself.... Without Ian ever having been inducted into the Galactic Magic Orbit, at that!

However, since finding out that the Saboteur could have been active much earlier than he'd first thought, Ian was back on the Suspect List. Seemingly being scared of anything more than one's own shadow made a great cover characteristic; did it not? Apparently quite accident-prone too, according to the MedBay Logs - again a good cover characteristic - few would suspect ill-intent from someone who frequently tripped over his own feet. Such a one was far more likely to be dismissed as an irrelevance!

"Ready and willing, Knight Larod! In the event a Sith does come calling, perhaps we could remind those staying that a pack of small predators can see off much larger and fiercer single examples by encirclement and striking from the flanks and rear? I'd recommend a stabbing or thrusting action, though, out of respect for the equipment in here!"

Now all he had to decide was if he should - accidentally on purpose - let Larod blunder into Life's Illusion's uninvited visitor trap; the one that would have been used against the Saboteur if the 'Sting' operation had gone ahead!

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Zurros Ka, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Padawan4687.

7. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC: Ian Thrace
    TCC, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime.

Ian's head jerked back as Knight Larod asked him to volunteer to go with "Battershell" and himself to set up whatever equipment they had in mind. The padawan repressed a shudder at the thought. He had no desire, none at all, to go with "Battershell" anywhere. Naturally the other "padawan" was eager to volunteer, the quicker spring to his dastardly plot no doubt. Oh please no, Ian thought to himself, looking at Miss Sandstrider, pleading with his eyes. Please volunteer and leave me out of this. Please.

TAG: Tim Battershell, Padawan4687, Skywalker_T-65, @Bardan Jusik, Zurros Ka

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part I

IC: General Hector Zey/Master Piim (NPC)

"We might yet have to resort to torture and drugs it seems." Knight Trevalus paused buzzing a mournful tone, as Zey gestured for him to continue. "I would like to question the Sith more at a later time before we dispose of it, if I survive the encounter with the Sith forces."

Master Piim shook her head silently, her headtails brushing over her shoulders. Zey knew well her aversion to violence, and the idea of using torture and drugs on another living being, even a Sith, was anathema to her. Zey for his part silently applauded the Kubaz Knight's approach. This Sith, and the other too, knew more than had been told. One way or another the Jedi would find out what they needed to know. Before either master could verbalize their feelings on the matter Knight Sherland spoke.

"I agree that further questioning is in order. Torture and using drugs is not the Jedi way. We will not stoop down to their level, it will only add more fire to their cause. If he is speaking the truth on who has the codes to the shields of the Hell Fire, I suggest we find this Sith and get her to tell us the codes. From there we can launch an immediate rescue mission for those trapped aboard the HellFire."

Master Piim's eyes sparkled as Sherland spoke as the Togruta Master seemed to be in agreement with everything the human has said. She looked to Zey, almost defiantly, he knew she would never condone torture. "Certainly more questioning of the prisoners will be needed," he nodded to Knight Trevalus when Master Piim interrupted.

"Questioning yes, but torture no." Zey looked to her with surprise, not at her stance but at the inerruption. "It's not even necessary, they both seemed quite willing to talk and answer our questions."

Zey nodded and stroked his beard thoughtfully. He had been willing to turn the Sith over to Taab and let the brute work them over. A way to distance the Jedi from the less than savory methods that the Mandalorian would no doubt use. But if Knight Trevalus were willing...

"You will have your chance Knight Trevalus," He ignored the look that Master Piim shot at him, "But torture is off the table..." Master Piim nodded and smiled at the declaration, "...for now."

Piim's features froze though Zey continued to ignore her and continued. "I too have further questions for them both, but to be frank, I could not stand the sight of them any longer." That much was true, their dark emotions that roiled off of the pair had left him feeling soiled. Better to "cleanse" themselves before another bout of questioning. "I also wanted to discuss our next steps freely, without them here."

He indicated Knight Sherland now. "Clearly getting the access codes from this Darth Zelus will be a priority for us, and once that is accomplished we can mount a rescue operation to the Hellfire." He looked back to Knight Trevalus again. "We will need to know enemy strengths and weaknesses before we mount such an operation, either operation." He closed his eyes and sighed quietly to himself before opening them and looking upon the Council as a whole as well as the other Jedi in attendance. "But before we can do either we need to get our own affairs in order. We need to ferret out the traitor in our midst. We can't hope to move on the Sith out there," he waved at the walls of the Temple, "until we have dealt with the Sith in here."

With that he removed the comm link from his belt and summoned Knight Dareagen back to the Council Chamber.

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon

[​IMG]

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part II

IC: Knight Letali (NPC)
    Temple Library

Letali was confused as she watched Knight Aroon leave once again. This was such an odd situation, and she didn't envy Knight Dareagen in the least. She approached him again quietly. He had refused her offers to do anything meaningful on multiple occasions now, though she was more than willing to provide any assistance he might require. "So...what now?" she asked, her eyes growing wide. Just then him comm link beeped and the gruff voice of Grandmaster Zey came through. "Knight Dareagen, report to the Council Chamber."

Oh. well, that certainly changed things a bit. Letali shrugged to Kai, "I'll keep your workstation free in case you need it again."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

TCC, Temple of Light

Larod nodded in appreciation to padawan Battershell as he immediately volunteered his services for their little project. It was no surprise that he had done so, it had been his idea after all, but the enthusiasm was noted. Conversely, there had been no response from either sibling. Larod took that as silent consent for their activities from Knight Sandstrider and a sign that his sister would not be volunteering. "OK, lets go padawans," he said to Battershell and Thrace leading them out of the TCC.

TAG: Tim Battershell, Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka

[​IMG]

Gotab and Tim Battershell like this.
  10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Daniel and Lenea Sandstrider
    TCC

"I also suggest a third member join us. Perhaps padawan Thrace or Miss Sandstrider would volunteer?"

Lenea was ready to volunteer even before the Knight finished those words. She was getting bored and, to be honest, a bit frustrated. Maybe getting out of the TCC would help with that...less finger pointing going around. Really, there had been far too much of that lately. On the other hand though...Danny was rather less enthused with the idea of her leaving. He had been trying to focus on remembering if Sherland- well, the male Sherland -had logged with Redemption when the freighter left. It would have had to, or been shot out of the sky.

But with the logs in question currently many lightyears away as the ship was repaired enough to take a second shot at those kriffing Sith in orbit, confirming it was rather...difficult. Not enough to distract him from her adventurous nature though.

"I'm not sure it's wise for you to go Lenea..."

"I know I'm not ready to duel any Sith...Danny," she shot back, "But you were the one to suggest we have one of us with them to use the link."

Technically...true.

"Maybe so, but..."

"OK, lets go padawans."

"Wait! I'll go!" Lenea sent a smug look at her elder sibling, who sighed heavily, "The link, remember? If we need help, Danny's just a mental comm call away."

To be totally fair, she was also volunteering since Thrace looked like he'd probably pass out if he had to go...

TAG: Bardan_Jusik , Tim Battershell , Zurros Ka , Gotab

(OOC: Short, but as said in the GoL...busy and sick=hard to focus)

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    TCC, Temple of Light

"Wait! I'll go!"

Larod stopped near the TCC doorway as Lenea shouted. "The link, remember? If we need help, Danny's just a mental comm call away." The link would allow them to keep in contact with the TCC should a problem arise. "Well we don't want to leave the TCC short staffed." He looked at padawans Battershell and Thrace, the latter of whom was clearly unhappy with the thought of going. The younger padawan could be spared anyway, it was the elder padawan who needed to go. "OK, padawan Thrace, you stay here then. No need to take everyone." He looked to Knight Sandstrider and then motioned for Ian to stay. "Battershell, Ms. Sandstrider, let's go."

TAG: @Tim Battershell, @Padawan4687, @Gotab, @Skywalker_T-65, @Zurros Ka

[​IMG]

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    En-route to Hangar Bay 2, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

Tim had taken the time to restore the Console he'd been using to its normal function before following Knight Larod and Lenea Sandstrider out of the TCC towards the direct-route Turbolift.

He was pleased that Miss Lenea had decided to volunteer for the 'Mission', not the least because she was likely to be a far more congenial companion than Ian Thrace! In fact, Ian seemed to have become almost as frightened of Tim as he appeared to be of Major Taab! True, Mandalorians were intimidating, but a middle-aged Agamarian? Two simple solutions presented themselves; either Ian thought Tim was the secret Sith, or Ian was that Sith - and was now spooked by the knowledge that exposing and trapping 'Darth Slinker' and any associate(s) was one of Tim's priorities.

Tim came to a sudden decision. He'd have to extend some trust in Knight Larod's direction; not about everything though!

"The Great Prestorious and I nearly got pirated out of "Life's Illusion" soon after I became his assistant and pilot. A Weequay gang, which Prestorious' skills managed to get fighting amongst themselves. After that experience, though, we took additional precautions. One of them was to camouflage her as a beat-up old wreck to disguise the fact she was completely rebuilt only twenty-five years ago. Another was to install gravity generators in strategic positions under the deck plates. Go aboard uninvited and you get hit by anything up to a force of six Gravities. Allows enough time to pump a couple of stun-blasts, or thereabouts, into any intruder - even a Sith. Found out later our local Militia'd done exactly the same thing in Calna Muun's Limmie Stadium.... only with units that put out twenty-five Gs apiece! Militia used 'em against a pair of One-Sith stragglers and crushed them to pulp. Their Lightsabers are still in the Council's Archive Vaults, pretty well flattened! Didn't want to mention anything about the Illusion's defences in open session, you understand, but if you brief your brother via bond, Miss Lenea, we'll all be starting to read from the same manual. Knight Larod, you now know why I was so confident about trapping the Saboteur without a fight!"

Tim didn't think it necessary to specify that the Illusion had been 'modded up to the gills' during her rebuild. Redemption's crew had surely witnessed the result of one part of the upgrade for themselves, adding to whatever data their sensors had provided, and he'd itemised the modifications for Miss Lenea, in detail, during their Cafeteria conversation.

Nor did he think he needed to mention the Agamarian Resistance Militia's habit of 'headhunting' when a planetary crisis called them into action. Said heads being left on poles where invaders' still-living comrades couldn't help but see them!

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Skywalker_T-65.

Gotab, Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011

"OK, lets go padawans."

NO!!!! the words echoed in Ian's head though he made no effort to vocalize them. He continued to look at Miss Sandstrider, Lenea, silently begging her to take this burden from him, but she still did nothing. Why wasn't she volunteering? Hadn't she said earlier that she or her brother should go? Or was that her brother that had said that? If it was why wasn't he insisting that she go? He was on the Council, he could make that decision! Neither of them did anything however, and Ian trudged slowly forward to follow Knight Larod, resigned to his fate

"Wait! I'll go!"

Ian looked up surprised as his head snapped towards Miss Sandstrider. Did she say what he thought she had said? She had! He didn't even bother to listen to her explanation as he rushed at her and threw his arms around her in a thankful embrace. "Oh thank, you, thank you, thank you!"

He was so excited and happy right now that he didn't even care about how silly he looked. Wild gundarks couldn't pull him away from his savior right now. He did look silly though, and he finally realized it. He let go of Miss Sandstrider and shrugged his shoulders, trying his best now to be nonchalant and pretend nothing had happened.

"Well if you insist."

Looking embarrassed, he watched the three make a quick exit of the TCC. Oh at least that was all over with now. There was still something on his mind however, and with "Battershell" gone off with the others Ian could finally say something. "Master Sandstrider, I don't think you're going to like this, but I think I figured out who the Sith is."

TAG: Padawan4687, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka

14. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The Library, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"So...what now?" Knight Letali asks as Knight Aroon leaves for the second time. Kai leans back again putting his hand on his chin again. He could try and call Knight Sherland ask her about the unscheduled departure of her ship the Rogue, or maybe ask Letali if she know who has technical abilities, and have them take a look at the device. He’d have to vet them first at this point he doubted he could find the Sith infiltrator if they were sitting in front of him. He opens his mouth to ask Letali,

"Knight Dareagen,” Master Zey’s voice surprises the young man, “report to the Council Chamber."

"I'll keep your workstation free in case you need it again." Letali says as Kai gets up to leave,

“Thanks I’ll probably be back soon,” He pinches the bridge of his nose, what is he going to say to the council, the truth obviously, but, how to phrase it is the issue. Should he be apologetic or just straightforward? If his last appearance was any indication they may already hold a poor view of him, and of his abilities. As his shoes squeak on the hard floor he wonders if he should bring someone else on this task, but, whom. Padawan Battershell, he seems to know what he’s doing with the console but, that didn’t mean he’d be any good in an investigation. Also Kai couldn’t be sure that the older learner wasn’t the Sith. Another thought crosses his mind Taab, the Mandalorian is chief of security and possibly a bounty hunter before. Kai is slightly repulsed by what he is thinking now, asking the armored being for help, but, the temple is paralyzed with the spy running around. No moves could be made, nothing could be planned, and on one could attack the Sith without the likelihood of it being known by the enemy. It wasn’t like the infiltrator would just throw themselves in front of the young knight and try and kill him, not that it is necessary, Kai is no closer to finding whoever it is than when he started. He stops at the door to the chamber and takes a deep breath, he knows what to expect now, he thinks. His hand begins to shake he didn’t want to report what he had. He wanted to say that he had found the traitor and that the threat was over but, he couldn’t. Another breath and he opens the door. He walks to the center of the room feeling the gaze of all present on him.

“Grand Master,” he starts bowing his head to Zey, “Members of the council, you summoned me.” He pauses for a bit, everyone present knows why he’s here, no sense waiting for an invitation, “I regret to report that I have not found the traitor, I have made some inquiries but, have turned up little in the way of tangible results, I do have some leads I can rundown." He does a better job of keeping his nervousness out of his voice but, his stomach is still in knots. "Has the council uncovered any more information that may assist me in my search?” The dark presence is no longer in the chamber, but, some remnants remain. Obviously the council had been interrogating the captured Sith, hopefully they gave up the identity of their hidden companion. If not then it was back to square one.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

The Jedi before them was nervous, they could feel it, though Kai Dareagen did a good job of not outwardly showing it. Still his very presence went far in "cleansing" the room of the dark aura left behind by their previous two guests. Sadly that was the only good news, it appeared the investigation had yet to bear any fruit. Patience was a virtue however, and neither Zey nor Piim could have expected the young Knight to have found his quarry so soon. At least progress had been made.

"Has the council uncovered any more information that may assist me in my search?”

Zey stirred uncomfortably at the question. He didn't like keeping these Sith around, though it might be necessary for awhile longer. At least they had both provided the Council with some useful information, if they could be trusted. Zey spoke, though he opened his arms wide and nodded to everyone else, indicating that anyone in the Council Chamber was was free to speak regarding their current situation. He wanted to hear as many opinions as he could going forward.

"Our interrogations have revealed that you are looking for a solitary Sith, a male human." He paused for a moment and looked to Piim who spoke now. "According to our prisoners, this Sith could be disguised as a non human though, or even as a woman." Zey nodded before picking up the mantle once again. "They further claim that this Sith can hide his nature in the Force, but not his connection to it..."

"Which means..."

"Which means we are looking for someone claiming to be a Jedi."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, galactic-vagabond422

IC: Knight Larod/Knight Tyroli/Padawan Leoalb (NPCs)
    Hanger Bay 2, Temple of Light

Larod nodded along as padawan Battershell gave some brief insight with regards to the Life's Illusion. It did indeed sound like a capable vessel, with security systems on par with what he had seen on bounty hunting vessels during the war. His mind lingered for a moment on memories of those dark days before his mind was brought back to the present with their arrival at the Hanger Bay.

They were greeted by a pair of Jedi near the entrance, a Nautolan by the name of Tyroli and his Pau'an padawan, Leoalb, if Larod remembered correctly. Tyroli smiled widely to them. "Apologies, but all departures have been forbidden by the Council until we can get that monster out of our sky." Larod returned the smile. "We're not going anywhere, just retrieving some equipment from padawan Battershell's ship." He indicated the graceful lines of the Mon Calimari built light freighter nestled among the other craft in the bay.

Tyroli's smile somehow widened even further. "The DeepWater? I've had my eyes on that ship ever since I got here. Such a beautiful design. Just gorgeous, and useful too. Did you know it's submersible?" Larod chuckled lightly, it made sense that an aquatic species like a Nautolan would be enamored of such features in a spacecraft. "I'd be happy to help you retrieve your equipment. To be honest I'd love to use just about any excuse to go aboard and have a look around."

TAG: Tim Battershell, Skywalker_T-65

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Darth Harbiner (NPC)/Darth Sixtus (NPC)
    Stockade, Temple of Light

Bringing Darth Harbinger had presented no issues for Taab, though the Sith had been surprisingly silent along the way. Not that Taab was in the mood to chat, he never was, but he would have divulged anything he could learn from the prisoner to the Council. It was all a moot point though. The Sith said nothing and seemed content to simply return to his cell. Darth Sixtus was far more restless.

When they reached the Stockade, Taab immediately noticed the two new Jedi Guards, a hulking male Besalisk and a human female, both Knights. They bowed slightly at his arrival, though they kept their eyes firmly planted on Harbinger. "Has she said anything?" The Mandalorian asked, indicating Sixtus as she sat alone in her cell.

"No," the human female responded. "Not a word," the Besalisk confirmed. Taab handed over custody of Harbinger to them as Sixtus now spoke. "Is that you Mandalorian?" Taab peered in at her, allowing her to see him as well. "I thought it was, I could feel your anger. So unlike these Jedi, and so much more like us..." Taab shook his head in response. "Nice try, but I'm just a professional doing a job."

"Pity," she replied before pointing to her damaged face, the bacta patch doing it's work. "And this, professioanl, or personal?" Taab smiled behind his face plate, she couldn't see it of course, but he was sure she could feel his joy. "Both" He collected the Mandalorian Manacles that had been used to secure both prisoners and gave one last look at them both, ensuring they were safely incarcerated in their force cages before leaving. Next he would head to the TCC. The Council, General Blowhard (Hector Zey) in particular, had made it quite clear that he wasn't needed in their chambers. He could be of the best use in the command center, especially if the Sith outside decided to make another attempt at storming the Temple.

Sixtus rubbed her injured face, the bacta patch was helping it heal nicely, though it itched. She watched Taab leave with burning eyes, thinking on his words. "You could have been so useful to us," she whispered to herself. "Now you will have to suffer."

TAG: No One.

OOC: I'll post Taab's arrival in the TCC early next week, so for those of you with characters there, look for your update then. I didn't want him just flying about the Temple appearing in spot after spot without some "travel time" involved. In the mean time, feel free to continue your own interactions as you have been.

[​IMG]

16. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Council Chambers

Suraya cast a sympathetic smile in Kai's direction, sensing his weariness and unease. Being assigned such a task as this investigation would be daunting for any Jedi, especially a newcomer and one whom had apparently stumbled into this part of galaxy at just the precise moment to merit such a position.Closing her lids for a moment she sent a concentrated stream of compassionate and peaceful Force vibrations to the young knight. The subtle wave of healing energy would soothe his nerves and steady and nourish his courage, if he was receptive. Dareagan's presence had been pivotal in her escape from the Hellfire, a debt she could not forget.

Thankfully the Grandmasters had initiated the sharing from the interrogations and had concisely relayed the information alone that was most relevant to Kai's further inquires...but she felt a nagging prodding from within to disclose something more...The prisoner Harbinger believes that it is his...destiny, to facilitate a coming battle, a conflict between the light and the dark, as some sort of twisted evolutionary necessity of the Force. His loyalties appear almost neutral, as if he was indifferent to either side or anyone, but further power.

Do you, Knight Dareagan, or the members of the Council feel that there may be a way to further Harbinger's role as a catalyst in disclosing the traitor and in helping in the investigation? Especially if he deeply feels that it would continue to nurture the coming destruction he seems to seek? He obviously could serve as a resource considering the abilities he seems to possess, and since his loyalties appear highly ambiguous, maybe his continued collaboration is not such an impossible idea...that is, without us going against the moral codes and our living symbiotic relationship with the Force.

TAG galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels Mitth_Fisto The_Zeltron Falcon

17. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Hangar Bay 2, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

A pair of Jedi were guarding the Hangar Bay entrance. Apparently, the Council had embargoed departures until the Pellaeon-class had been dealt with; a decision that Tim felt somewhat short-sightedly ignored the likelihood of a mass of Droids marching on the Temple before Redemption was in a fit state to return and re-engage the brute. That embargo, he felt, would have to be lifted as far as in-atmosphere anti-Droid operations were concerned. The damage Life's Illusion's armament could do to packed columns of Droids on the march would go a long way towards evening-out the disparity in numbers. And if the Sith ship could be teased into opening fire on the ground-force's tormentor itself.... well, the Illusion's speed should let her be well away when the Turbolaser beams made it all the way down through the thickness of Saridona's atmosphere; leaving only the Sith forces to take the impact!

Tim dismissed the satisfying thought of provoking a red-on-red incident to become aware of one of the Jedi guards, a Nautolan, waxing lyrical about the known capabilities of the DeepWater-class series;

"Such a beautiful design. Just gorgeous, and useful too. Did you know it's submersible?".

He was a little less enthused about the subsequent offer of help in the matter of retrieving the equipment, particularly as the speaker admitted that his offer was mainly motivated by a desire to look around inside. Tim's lips twisted in a wry grin at that; was he getting as paranoid as Ian Thrace seemed to be? Suspecting genuine Jedi of being Sith Saboteurs?

Nevertheless, prudence indicated that denying any opportunity for meddling with the Illusion's systems to Beings he not only wasn't sure of, but didn't even know, was desirable. At least until the Saboteur had been caught.

"Yes, she's all of that, Sir"; he replied to the smiling, gushing, being; "Still has the ability to operate underwater too, which came in very handy for dodging suspicious ships on the way here; combined with her appearance and judicious ejection of a hull-breach simulation package, of course!

Regrettably, though, almost all her surviving sisters and MC-18 cousins have been vandalised in pursuit of the absolute maximum of cargo space and profit. Had that capability ripped right out of them. Nowadays, my old girl's about the only one that can still pull-off that trick.

However, willing as I would be to give you a guided tour under normal circumstances, we're under a Council Member's Direct Tasking and my personal feeling is that we should complete that, and return to our assigned post with minimum delay. Do you agree, Knight Larod?"

Bardan_Jusik and Ananta Chetan like this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    TCC, Temple of Light

It was evident now that the rumors of "secret Sith" had spread throughout the Temple. The few Jedi Taab encountered in the corridors gave him wary looks, looks that were beyond what the former bounty hunter was used to getting from his former prey. They suspected him, and it was natural enough that they do so, and even the security patrols that he had set up cast their suspicious glances his way. But none made any move to stop him, or halt his progress to one of the more sensitive areas of the Temple of Light, the Tactical Command Center.

Taab shook his head. It was as if the Jedi were in between making up their minds as to what sort of internal threat was present. If Taab, or anyone else, was indeed a suspect than incarceration was in order. Shab, at this point a lock down of the entire Temple was in order. Suspend freedom of movement except in buddy teams, allow no one to wander alone as Taab was now doing. Flush the saboteur out of hiding and take him down. With a rather largish army landed outside the Temple, and the threat of a Sith saboteur inside the Temple, the Council simply had no choice. Instead though they dithered. They discussed action instead of taking it. Taab could only hope (for the sake of his contract) that they hadn't condemned them all to death.

Taab entered the open hatch to the TCC, thinking to himself that it really should be sealed from within from now on. He looked around the TCC, about to ask for a SITREP (Situation Report) when he noticed something odd. Some of the jetiise were missing. "Where are Slick (Larod), Verbal (Battershell) and Spitfire (Lenea Sandstrider)?"

TAG: Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka

[​IMG]

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Zey frowned slight at Knight Archisa's suggestion. He wasn't inclined to give too much credit to Darth Harbinger. Though their Sith prisoners may be a source of some information, they simply could not be trusted fully. Before he could answer though, Master Piim spoke, and she seemed to be far more inclined to go along with the idea.

"Harbinger has already given us much information, and he has more to give yet I suspect." Zey's frown deepened, though he couldn't dispute Master Piim's words. "If what he has said is true regarding his ability to transmit command codes to the Hellfire he may be of utmost importance to us. Perhaps we could use this as an opportunity to test those divided loyalties, and ensure his compliance when the time for action against the Star Destroyer comes." She turned to Zey who spoke now.

"I disagree that Darth Harbinger's loyalties are ambiguous. He may not be loyal to his own Master, but he certainly has no loyalty to us. I believe he is using us to his own ends. That those ends happen to coincide with ours at the moment is happy circumstance." He didn't mention a far more disturbing possibility, that the communion of their goals wasn't by mortal design or happenstance, but was the Will of the Force.

Piim looked ready to speak again when Zey silenced her with a wave of his hand. "We will perhaps consider further collusion with Harbinger on this matter as a fall back position. In case we cannot solve it ourselves." Piim nodded her assent to the idea, though she was ceratin to raise the issue again with him in private. The chance to put Harbinger to the test was tempting. "On that, Knight Dareagen," he addressed the young knight he had put in charge of the investigation. "It seems you are not prepared to make any sort of arrest or accusation yet? Or am I mistaken? What further help can we give you in your investigation?"

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, galactic-vagabond422

IC: Knight Larod/Knight Tyroli/Padawan Leoalb (NPCs)
    Hanger Bay 2, Temple of Light

"Yes, she's all of that, Sir. Still has the ability to operate underwater too, which came in very handy for dodging suspicious ships on the way here; combined with her appearance and judicious ejection of a hull-breach simulation package, of course! Regrettably, though, almost all her surviving sisters and MC-18 cousins have been vandalised in pursuit of the absolute maximum of cargo space and profit. Had that capability ripped right out of them. Nowadays, my old girl's about the only one that can still pull-off that trick. However, willing as I would be to give you a guided tour under normal circumstances, we're under a Council Member's Direct Tasking and my personal feeling is that we should complete that, and return to our assigned post with minimum delay. Do you agree, Knight Larod?"

Larod smiled widely, almost laughing at the padawan's reply to the Knight's request. Battershell had done a good job of shutting Tyroli down, but politely. He himself shrugged lightly to the Nautolan Knight before answering. "Quite right padawan, and my apologies Tyroli, but we are under some tight time constraints." He did his best to ignore the look of disappointment on Tyroli's face and gave padawan Battershell a wink now. "If you would please padawan, let's get aboard and get your gear."

TAG: Tim Battershell, Skywalker_T-65

[​IMG]

Tim Battershell likes this.
  20. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011

Knight Sandstrider hadn't yet answered Ian and he was beginning to wonder if anyone else cared about who the Sith might be. Maybe Daniel was in on it, and sending his sister along with Knight Larod and "Battershell" was their way of sabotaging that attempt too! Ian started to tremble. He didn't know what to do! Then things got worse.

Major Taab enterd the TCC and Ian had to wonder to himself what he had done in a previous life to deserve this sort of punishment. He had been so close to leaving the TCC, been given every chance to go along with Larod and "Battershell" but instead now he was stuck in here, with him.

"Where are Slick (Larod), Verbal (Battershell) and Spitfire (Lenea Sandstrider)?"

Ian looked around, fear showing in his eyes. Was anyone else going to answer? He guessed it was probably up to Knight Sandstrider, he was in charge of the TCC now, wasn't he? He glanced back up to where Alisha and the Falleen padawan (he couldn't remember his name right now, why did he have to be so bad with names!) were standing quietly. Sandstrider hadn't even answered Ian before, would he answer the Major's question? Would anyone?

Clearing his throat Ian summoned the courage to address Taab directly. "They uhhh..." He looked around again, embarrassed as his cheeks grew red. "They're on their way to the hanger...to get some equipment from padawan Battershell's ship..." Ian looked down at his shoes. That was about all he could muster in response to the man that had allowed others to mentaly and physically abuse him not so long ago. Maybe someone else could let him in on the details.

TAG: Padawan4687, Skywalker_T-65, @Bardan Jusik, Zurros Ka

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The Council Chamber, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

It is quiet for longer than Kai likes then Master Zey speaks first,

Our interrogations have revealed that you are looking for a solitary Sith, a male human." That would certainly shrink the suspect pool,

"According to our prisoners,” Master Piim adds “this Sith could be disguised as a non-human though, or even as a woman." And back to square one, frustration grows inside the young knight. He feels like he is just treading water making no progress toward the goal. There’s so much on his shoulders and he is failing. There are lives at stake and he is no closer to finding the threat. A wave of calm washes over him and he turns his head to Knight Archisa.

The prisoner Harbinger believes that it is his...” She begins “destiny, to facilitate a coming battle, a conflict between the light and the dark, as some sort of twisted evolutionary necessity of the Force. His loyalties appear almost neutral, as if he was indifferent to either side or anyone, but further power.” Kai’s stomach turns, forcing two groups to fight just to see who’s stronger, is most defiantly something born of darkness. There’s a bit of disagreement between Zey and Piim and Archisa, on the loyalties of this Harbinger. Kai personally, doesn’t trust anyone that would execute this twisted plan. They do make mention of Harbinger having the ability to send some sort of command codes to the Star Destroyer still in orbit. That could be useful but, not until this infiltrator is found.

"On that, Knight Dareagen," Master Zey says addressing the young knight, "It seems you are not prepared to make any sort of arrest or accusation yet? Or am I mistaken? What further help can we give you in your investigation?" Kai bows his head,

“It is true I am not, I believe that more time is necessary to uncover this,” he pauses trying to find the right word, “darkness.” He glances at Knight Sherland, even though her ship left without much in the way of warning, it was before the attack, and didn’t have anything to do with the current situation. “Does the council have any information about this infiltrators endgame or overall plan? Something I can use to find this hidden Sith?”

TAG:Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, Bardan_Jusik, Master Selkath

22. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Hangar Bay 2, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

"Quite right padawan, and my apologies Tyroli, but we are under some tight time constraints." Knight Larod said with a smile, following this with a wink and the further comment of "If you would please padawan, let's get aboard and get your gear." in Tim's direction.

Leaving Knight Larod and Miss Lenea to take their own leave of the two Jedi guards and follow in their own time, Tim gave the Naulolan Knight and his Padawan a respectful bow before turning and heading towards Life's Illusion's port bow rather than her Main Boarding Ramp.

Those unfamiliar with the DeepWater-class design would probably be unaware that there were two 'unofficial entrances', in the form of circular lifts, by which the storage bays could be directly accessed - Prestorious had bridled at the thought of his Magic Act Equipment being considered mere cargo and had refused to have the degrading 'C' word as much as uttered! Tim had continued that tradition out of respect for the old man.

Not only would entering via the Port-side lift be quicker, it should also help preclude anyone's attempt to sneak aboard. 'Invisible' Sith were another matter, of course, but such would be unlikely to guess just how sensitive the Illusion's passive sensors were, even when used internally. On more than one occasion, Cas (the designated 'naughty' one of the Chitlik trio - and a pretty effective escape artist and Illusionist in his own right) - had had to be tracked down after curiosity got the better of him!

Taking out his personal Comlink on-the-move, Tim started issuing instructions; "Be a nice girl and deploy the lift into the Port bay, please. Myself. Miss Lenea Sandstrider and a Knight Larod are coming aboard to collect some kit. Intended route is Port bay though to Lounge, then visiting the Small Equipment Stores and Cockpit. Exit planned to be via Main Ramp. Please also have our file copy of 'The Jedi Path' teed up ready for fast copying onto a DataCard. On our entry - I'll use the manual controls to close-up behind us - please have the passive sensors on continuous sweep inside the hull. Isolate and erase our, and usual, traces and report any anomalous sounds or deck vibrations. For information, there is a presumed Sith lurking somewhere in the Temple; please keep your sensors well peeled!".

Having heard the confirming chirp of Droid-speak, Tim boarded the lift-plate as soon as it descended and waited for the others to join him.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider
    TCC

"Where are Slick (Larod), Verbal (Battershell) and Spitfire (Lenea Sandstrider)?"

The rough voice got Daniel's attention right away. He would recognize it anywhere after all...rather hard not to. The few times that Taab bothered talking typically demanded attention, so once you heard his voice...you recognized it. Turning around, that theory was confirmed as he saw the Mandalorian standing in the doorway to the TCC. Even through the armor it was clear- to Daniel at least -that the man was a bit annoyed. Likely with the situation in its entirety.

Honestly, if he had to guess, the Knight would assume Taab was annoyed with the lack of action considering the Sith threat inside and outside the Temple. The very fact that Daniel hadn't been contacted by the rest of the Council told him that much. Either he was off said Council, which might be a relief if he was being honest, or they were still discussing whatever lies the Sith had told them. And really, Daniel had little doubt that anything the Sith said were likely to be lies. Misdirection was their thing, as much as violence.

Still though. It will be interesting to see his reaction to the plan...I will admit I still feel uncomfortable about it myself even though I know it's needed.

As he prepared to answer the Mando's question, Padawan Thrace broke in first.

"They uhhh...they're on their way to the hanger...to get some equipment from padawan Battershell's ship..."

Clearly, the younger Jedi was scared of the Mandalorian. Easy to understand with his rough demeanor, but Daniel himself didn't know why or how far that spread. With how little time he spent at Saridona, he tended to miss things in that regard.

In any case...

"More specifically, surveillance equipment," Daniel spoke, making certain to square his shoulders and not show any hesitation. Mandalorians respected that far more than one who wasn't confident in their choices, "Padawan Battershell suggested, and I approved, of a surveillance plan. The security systems are good, but it would not hurt to have more monitoring. I only allowed it on the condition that there were at least three members of the team, including one Knight. That is why my sister and Knight Larod went as well."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik , Zurros Ka , Gotab

(OOC: I sleepy...apologies if that shows.)

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  24. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Council Chambers

Feeling the sullenness that again had enveloped the Chambers mostly on account of the current investigation not providing them a plausible suspect thus far, Suraya once more addressed their young investigator...The Sith Sixtus...during questioning...disclosed that the infiltrator would be the one whom we least expect...hidden in plain sight...and the warmest and kindest Jedi amongst us...she paused momentarily to await his comprehension and reaction to such information.

In that light...Knight Dareagen...during the course of your investigation...is there someone...anyone, that gave you pause? One whom you decided to or considered interviewing a second time, perhaps? Whose story and demeanor, though on the surface seemed fully without cause for genuine alarm or further inquiry, left you feeling a bit intuitively...that something was out of place?

And...if there is such an individual, who fits this criteria, would you wish or feel it beneficial to bring them before the Council? Even if you have no current tangible evidence to do so? So that all present would have the same opportunity to examine and search their feelings regarding them as well?

TAG galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto Falcon

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

“It is true I am not, I believe that more time is necessary to uncover this... darkness.” Zey and Piim nodded their heads in unison at this. Disappointing it was, but not unexpected. The Sith had hidden himself well, it would take more in order to uncover him. There was a quick glance from Knight Dareagen to Knight Sherland that caught Zey's attention, though the young Knight asked nothing of her. What was that about? Zey wondered idly as Dareagen instead spoke to the Council as a whole once again.

“Does the council have any information about this infiltrators endgame or overall plan? Something I can use to find this hidden Sith?” Zey stroked his beard at that, sadly it seemed as though the Council had not discovered much either, and now he had to wonder if his growing sense of frustration stemmed more from that than from the lack of progress in Dareagen's investigation.

"The Sith Sixtus..." Archisa spoke up once again and Zey found himself leaning forward in his chair at her words. "During questioning...disclosed that the infiltrator would be the one whom we least expect...hidden in plain sight...and the warmest and kindest Jedi amongst us..." Zey leaned back in his chair now, sharing a look with Master Piim. He had assumed that Sixtus had been lying when she said that, attempting to sow even more mistrust among the Jedi and have them look at the best of the Jedi among them. Could he have been wrong? had she indeed been sincere in her statement?

"In that light...Knight Dareagen...during the course of your investigation...is there someone...anyone, that gave you pause? One whom you decided to or considered interviewing a second time, perhaps? Whose story and demeanor, though on the surface seemed fully without cause for genuine alarm or further inquiry, left you feeling a bit intuitively...that something was out of place?"

This was going to a dangerous place Zey thought, but they had no choice. Something had to be done sooner or later, preferably sooner, so that the Jedi could mount their rescue operation to the Hellfire. They simply had no choice but to trust Sixtus and Harbinger for now.

"And...if there is such an individual, who fits this criteria, would you wish or feel it beneficial to bring them before the Council? Even if you have no current tangible evidence to do so? So that all present would have the same opportunity to examine and search their feelings regarding them as well?"

Archisa was right, if there was even a hint of guilt it was perhaps best for the Council themselves to examine the suspect and give Dareagen all the assistance they could. Master Piim disagreed though. "Is mere suspicion to be enough to accuse a Jedi in front of the Council?" Zey shook his head.

"Knight Archisa asks a good question, and I would like to hear the answer. If we can be of assistance in clearing any Jedi of suspicion, or cause for suspicion, then I say let them be brought before us." Piim didn't look happy about it, but she stayed quiet as they waited for Dareagen to answer and for others to give their opinion on the matter.

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, galactic-vagabond422

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.