main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    ooc: Speeding us up here a bit as we are approaching one of my "phase lines" in the Council Chamber and I want to make sure we get a chance to finish this part here before we move on.

IC: Knight Larod/Knight Tyroli/Padawan Leoalb (NPCs)
    Hanger Bay 2, Temple of Light

Larod looked at the small pile of gear that he, Battershell and Lenea had staged upon the deck of the hanger bay before looking back to padawan Leoalb. "Thank you padawan, you're dismissed," he said gently to the young Pau'an. He got a toothy grin in reply as the lad went back to the other side of the bay, and the side of Knight Tyroli. Poor Tyroli, the Nautolan had seemed so put out at being denied the chance to board the Life's Illusion and had taken up station at the other end of the Bay. But it was for the best, especially given the strict security protocols of the vessel itself, the fewer who had gone aboard the better. Leoalb had taken it upon himself to guard the surveillance equipment as it was gathered together off of the ship.

"OK, let's go. Now where are we going to set this up? I think we had agreed upon the dining hall or was it the kitchen?"

TAG: Tim Battershell, Skywalker_T-65

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    TCC, Temple of Light

Taab looked to the sputtering and stammering Twitchy (Ian Thrace) with annoyance, an annoyance that certainly "shown through" though his face was covered by his buy'ce. One of these days the kid was going to have to grow a set of gett'se. "Equipment, what equipment?" Taab started to ask before Dirteater (Daniel Sandstrider) chimed in. "More specifically, surveillance equipment," The Knight was far more confident, putting Taab somewhat more at ease. "Padawan Battershell suggested, and I approved, of a surveillance plan. The security systems are good, but it would not hurt to have more monitoring. I only allowed it on the condition that there were at least three members of the team, including one Knight. That is why my sister and Knight Larod went as well."

Taab nodded as he mulled it over. Extra precautions were certainly in order given the current circumstances and he approved of the "team" being given adequate resources from a protection stand point. Given that Mister Smooth (Zurros Ka) and Dirteater were picking up the slack here it was probably a wash in terms of the protection level of the TCC with Slick (Larod), Verbal (Battershell) and Spitfire (Lenea Sandstrider) on their new assignment. Now with Taab here, the TCC was probably more protected than it had been before.

"Very well," Taab answered as he moved up to take his place by the security board. He checked it over quietly, noting the scene in Hanger Bay Two where the aforementioned trio were unlaoding the equipment from Verbal's ship. The redundancy offered by a second set of "eyes" located somewhere in the Temple would be most beneficial given how the Sith had wiped out the TCC security holo-logs, but there didn't seem to be enough there to watch over much more than one location. Given previous events he hoped that would be a strategic area, like the armory or even back to the TCC. "Now just where are they setting up this extra equipment?"

TAG: Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka

[​IMG]

Tim Battershell likes this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Kai Dareagen
    The Council Chamber, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

The Sith Sixtus,” Knight Archisa starts, “during questioning...disclosed that the infiltrator would be the one whom we least expect...hidden in plain sight...and the warmest and kindest Jedi amongst us.” Kai is a little skeptical of anything said by a Sith, but, the description is interesting. Knight Letali immediately jumps to mind, she brought him out of his downward spiral and had been nothing but helpful. Maybe a bit too helpful, she seems eager to help him, it’s entirely possible she just wants to keep an eye on the investigation, or foil it completely. “In that light,” the olive skinned Jedi continues “Knight Dareagen...during the course of your investigation...is there someone...anyone, that gave you pause? One whom you decided to or considered interviewing a second time, perhaps? Whose story and demeanor, though on the surface seemed fully without cause for genuine alarm or further inquiry, left you feeling a bit intuitively...that something was out of place?” That seems to describe Knight Aroon but, Kai has run that line of questioning into the ground, he seems genuine and truthful. Another thought crosses his mind, he could interrogate the Sith himself. Get the answers he seeks directly. His hand drifts to his lightsaber, his master questioned dark side users before, but, Kai knows he doesn’t have the patience or the mountain like calm to handle being in close proximity to such a dark presence. It also took Master Sarr days to fully interrogate a single individual, that’s time Kai didn’t have. "And...if there is such an individual, who fits this criteria, would you wish or feel it beneficial to bring them before the Council? Even if you have no current tangible evidence to do so? So that all present would have the same opportunity to examine and search their feelings regarding them as well?" The young knight’s stomach turns slightly, even though he had suspected Knight Aroon, those suspicions had been put down. Did Aroon’s actions rise to the level of calling him before the council? Kai thinks of Zoe, she spoke of her master with respect even though, to the best of Kai’s knowledge, they’ve only been paired for a short time.

"Is mere suspicion to be enough to accuse a Jedi in front of the Council?" Master Piim gives voice to Kai’s worries.

"Knight Archisa asks a good question,” Grandmaster Zey says adding his voice to the conversation, “and I would like to hear the answer. If we can be of assistance in clearing any Jedi of suspicion, or cause for suspicion, then I say let them be brought before us." The young knight needs more information before he can make accusations or even mention them to the Council.

“My apologies masters,” He says in a conciliatory tone, “I did have my suspicions about one person but, upon further investigation found that my suspicions were on shaky ground. I have heard of a curious event but, it happened before the blackout and I don’t think it has anything to do with the incident. I think with a bit more time and maybe a little help I can gather more information and find more suspects, unless the council has anymore suggestions?”

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, Bardan_Jusik

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Council Chambers, Temple of Light

Kasha bit on her lip knowing that they must’ve noticed the Rogue and her husband was no longer planet side. If she knew this was going to happen she would’ve let the Grand Master know sooner that they decided the children were no longer safe on Saridona Prime. They had gone into a rather lengthy discussion about the children’s safety the following week after the cave incident. They both agreed that the children were in danger being on planet. With the recent events she was thankful to follow on those instincts about Mekaila and Brice going back to Corellia.

“I suppose my husband leaving the planet two days ago would raise suspicion,” Kasha spoke up as she turned her attention to the Knight who was assigned to find out who the Sith was. “A week after the incident with the black crystal and the cave, we had a lengthy discussion about our children’s safety. We felt due to Mekaila and Brice’s age, they were no longer safe here. Anakin took the children back to our home on Corellia two days ago. I’m thankful he did that, especially with what’s going on now. I definitely don’t want my children to be in danger here. Especially with all the Sith around.”

“I apologize Master Zey, for not saying anything sooner,” Kasha said as she turned her attention Zey. “If you want I can put you into touch with Anakin to confirm that is where he is. If I knew this was going to happen, I would’ve told you sooner.”

Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Bardan_Jusik, galactic-vagabond422

4. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    IC: Gaan Be'orar - Council Chambers - Temple of Light

Gaan bridled silently at the way the interim Grand Master treated their Mandalorian guard. She knew well enough that he would as soon have hunted them as guarded them, for the right price, but she had been born on Mandalore, spoke his language, though rarely enough of late, and might very well have become a bounty hunter, herself, had the Jedi not found her. She respected the man, at least, and the Grand Master's words caused her to feel an odd kinship with him. As she watched Taab walk out, she realized she was half-expecting Master Zey to send her from the room, as well. She knew he wouldn't, he had invited her here, and she wasn't even sure he knew she was Mandalorian by birth, but the discomfort was a little hard to shake. That is, until they brought the first of the Sith in.

As she had been throughout most of the Council meeting so far, Gaan was silent during the interrogation. There seemed to be little point to the dance they were doing with first the female, and then the male Sith. Both of them clearly had one simple goal: breed mistrust among the ranks of the Jedi. That had already been done, by the discovery that someone within the Temple had disabled the power to allow the Sith to breach their walls, so why the Sith were wasting their breath was beyond her. The only one who seemed to be thinking clearly at the moment was the woman who had raised Gaan's suspicions - the Mirialan who had arrived so very recently, and had almost recognized her. If she hadn't been so very uncomfortable with the idea of being known to this being who was unknown to her, Gaan might have engaged her in an attempt to bring the Council's focus back to where she felt it should be. But she really didn't want to find out how this woman thought she knew her, and, moreover, she still had her doubts about her, doubts that were only strengthened by the woman's focus, and ability to wade through everything else that was going on around her in the Council Chambers. She seemed to have a goal as important to her as the Siths' was to them, and Gaan couldn't help wondering if somehow it wasn't the same goal. For the time being, however, she was glad Knight Archisa was redirecting the Council's attention to the things that actually mattered. Master Zey seemed oddly distracted and unsure of himself.

It was just after the Sith woman was taken away that the Mirialan woman chose to leave the Chambers. Gaan watched her go with narrowed eyes, wondering where exactly and to what purpose she had gone. The Sith male was brought in a few minutes later, and Knight Archisa was still nowhere to be found. Master Zey started the questioning, but the new Sith seemed more interested in telling a story than in answering questions, and the Grand Master was again thrown off by the eventual return of Knight Archisa, who was now accompanied by a Jedi guard. Gaan wondered if he'd been sent to retrieve her, and if so, if perhaps the Grand Master shared her suspicion of the woman. Already in the time that had passed since they first gathered here, he had seemed much more suspicious, untrusting, and uncertain than she had ever seen him before. This interrogation and accompanying mistrust of every single Jedi within the Temple walls appeared to be weighing on him very heavily, and Gaan felt he was hardly up for the task of leading their Order, even if it was only until Master Dencinchi returned, whenever that might be.

Gaan sighed to herself as the questioning of the second Sith dragged on. He was telling a story, and seemed in no way in a hurry to finish it up. For her part, she wondered if perhaps he was delaying them on purpose, allowing someone else the time do whatever needed to be done to put the next part of their plan in motion. She almost wanted to excuse herself from the Chambers, and shadow the young knight assigned to the investigation outside of them. At least there she would have something to do, and maybe even something to contribute. Or she could return to her patrol, keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Anything besides sit here and listen to the Sith try to get inside the heads of the Grand Master and his second.... and slowly succeed. Almost as soon as he was led out of the Chambers, Masters Piim and Zey started disagreeing about questioning methods, once again, with Master Piim doing a take on the silent treatment for a moment, before both of them seemed to come to some sort of understanding.

Finally having reached a semblance of unity in the Council Chambers, the Grand Master called Knight Dareagen before them again to learn what he had discovered so far, which turned out to be very little. Knight Archisa encouraged him to bring up the names of anyone who he'd even doubted for a moment, so as to allow the Council to question them, as well, and once again Gaan was unsettled by how very efficient she was at this. It was like she'd done it before, at least once or twice. Or maybe she had a script that had already been written for her. Gaan sighed again. Doubting her was getting exhausting, but trusting her was out of the question, though Gaan supposed it couldn't hurt to let her suspicions lie for the time being, as the Mirialan was the only one getting things done at this point. The young Knight currently being questioned, however, seemed determined to thwart her efforts. “My apologies masters, I did have my suspicions about one person but, upon further investigation found that my suspicions were on shaky ground. I have heard of a curious event but, it happened before the blackout and I don’t think it has anything to do with the incident. I think with a bit more time and maybe a little help I can gather more information and find more suspects, unless the council has anymore suggestions?”

Knight Sherland spoke up before anyone else, "I suppose my husband leaving the planet two days ago would raise suspicion. A week after the incident with the black crystal and the cave, we had a lengthy discussion about our children's safety. We felt due to Mekaila and Brice's age, they were no longer safe here. Anakin took the children back to our home on Corellia two days ago. I'm thankful he did that, especially with what's going on now. I definitely don't want my children to be in danger here. Especially with all the Sith around." The Knight turned her attention from Kai Dareagen to the Grand Master. "I apologize Master Zey, for not saying anything sooner. If you want I can put you into touch with Anakin to confirm that is where he is. If I knew this was going to happen, I would've told you sooner."

For the first time in what felt like days, Gaan smiled. At least someone was out of harm's way. And since they were so far failing miserably at finding out who had betrayed them, it was good to know the children weren't going to have to deal with all of it, too. "Knight Sherland," it came out as barely a whisper, and Gaan cleared her throat. Being silent for so long did that to you sometimes. She began again, "Knight Sherland, I am pleased to hear that your children will be safe, whatever happens here. Will your husband be rejoining us, or will he stay with the young ones on Corellia?" If he was going to come back, perhaps he would be a better choice to determine the trustworthiness of their fellow Jedi than the young Knight standing before them. She chose to keep that thought to herself, though, at least until said Knight had left their presence. In the meantime, she hoped the Grand Master would present them with something they could actually come to a decision on, because trying to figure out who the Sith was, and what they had planned was leading them nowhere fast.

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, galactic-vagabond422, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, Bardan_Jusik

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Hangar Bay 2, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

The equipment gathering went quicker than Tim expected, and he'd even had time (and remembered) to copy that file to DataCard. If the Miss Tano waiting in the TCC was connected to the Ahsoka Tano who'd provided some of the marginal comments - and the Temple of Light's copies lacked the annotations - it should be a nice surprise for her. As he judged from the tone and the wording, the writer would have been about the same age and state of training as the current bearer of that family name.

As the Main Boarding Ramp closed behind them, and the 'Uninvited Visitors Package' came back on - albeit now at Level Six - Knight Larod spoke;

"OK, let's go. Now where are we going to set this up? I think we had agreed upon the dining hall or was it the kitchen?"

"Probably best start with the Kitchen, Sir, although I hadn't taken all the patrol activity into account.... Might be more Jedi taking meals out-of-hours than our Sith would feel comfortable being around, not to mention Droids. Still, we can plant one holocam there, if we can't enlist a mechanical ally to do the watching for us; and we can certainly get directions to the Bulk Storage Area, which would probably become our friend's fallback supply point.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Skywalker_T-65.

OOC: If time presses, please feel free to 'handwave' the cameras into position. :)

6. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC: Ian Thrace
    TCC, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime.

Gratefully Ian bowed slightly to Knight Sandstrider who had clarified the padawan's nervous statement to Taab. The whole "operation" being approved of by the Knight would hopefully take any blame for the goings on and shift them away from Ian. The Mando seemed to accept what was going on though, maybe even approved of it. Of course that didn't stop him from asking even more questions.

"Now just where are they setting up this extra equipment?"

Ian gulped loudly. Why couldn't the walking tank just accept the answers given and stare at his security board all day? Why did he have to ask follow up questions like that?

Looking nervously to his fellow Jedi (again), Ian summoned the courage to speak once more. "I think they were going to try the kitchen...A Sith's gotta eat right?"

TAG: Padawan4687, Skywalker_T-65, @Bardan Jusik, Zurros Ka

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"Knight Sherland, I am pleased to hear that your children will be safe, whatever happens here. Will your husband be rejoining us, or will he stay with the young ones on Corellia?"

Kasha shook her head sadly as she turned her attention to the Gaan. "I'm sorry but he will not be rejoining us. I would rather that our children have one parent around then losing both of us. He can train the children and they will be attending the school there to further their education," she paused for a second and thought it over. Either one of their own did betray them or the Sith was lying about it being a knight. Credits tended to make others commit acts. She kept those comments to herself. She had a feeling the Sith could've had someone infiltrate the temple. The question was who? "If it is a Knight among us, then they have gone to the Dark Side. For all we knew it could be a crew member that came with our forces."

Mitth_Fisto, galactic-vagabond422, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Bardan_Jusik, The_Zeltron, Master Selkath

8. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Eira Dryn
    Council chambers

Arms still crossed, Eira grew ever frustrated with the council's continual discussions. Why wouldn't they act? They were more worried about upsetting a Jedi with an accusation than actually catching this Sith and she was tired of their waiting. Inaction would just get them all killed, and there was no way she was going to let some invisible Sith take her out. Not when she'd gotten this far. Clearly not every Jedi was as slow to act as these, the Knight killed on their patrol during the attack was evidence enough. But these Masters, it was like they were trying to slow things down.

"This Sith claims they're a master of disguise. Did you ever stop and consider it could be someone in here?" She gestured at the room and glared at them, the Masters in particular. "I don't know any of you, so I don't trust any of you. Stop dancing around hurting feelings and actually get this guy caught!"

So maybe yelling at the Jedi hunting for a Sith wasn't the best plan, but enough was enough; she would stand her ground.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Falcon, Mitth_Fisto, galactic-vagabond422, Ananta Chetan, The_Zeltron, Master Selkath,

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Council Chambers Temple of Light

"This Sith claims they're a master of disguise. Did you ever stop and consider it could be someone in here?" She gestured at the room and glared at them, the Masters in particular. "I don't know any of you, so I don't trust any of you. Stop dancing around hurting feelings and actually get this guy caught!"

Kasha froze as she heard the newest comer among them burst out. It was accusations like that without strong evidence to back up that accusation always caused problems and mistrust among groups. Cade Skywalker had literally brought the Sith against Ossus by acting irrationally. He was so bent on revenge for the death of his father, Anakin, her, and a few others left before the conclusion of his actions played out. "A quick accusation towards someone only causes grief and problems if you don't have strong evidence to back up what you are accusing them off. It never turns out well. The dark side shrouds everything and it makes it difficult for a Jedi to get a read on a Force sensitive who doesn't want to be caught. But going around accusing the wrong Jedi only causes problems, mistrust will only serve to split this group up. Which is what this Sith is aiming for. It will only serve to weaken us allowing the Sith to move against us with ease. Without trust, we won't survive the attack. Patience is everything in a situation like this."

Kasha paused for a second as she stared the other down with a hardened stare. "For all we know it could be a new comer among us. For all we know it could be you we're searching for," she watched Eira waiting for her actions hoping to make sure she got her point across. Patience was the key in this, acting quickly never turned out well.

Mitth_Fisto, galactic-vagabond422, Ananta Chetan, The_Zeltron, Master Selkath, Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part I

IC: General Hector Zey/Master Piim (NPC)

Dareagen's announcement that he didn't need to see anyone else right now surprised Zey, as did the investigator's reluctance to call anyone before the Council. Dareagen had his own suspicions, that much was clear, but he didn't want to go through with naming names just yet. Zey felt anger bubbling up inside him. How dare this young pup refuse to give names to the Council? His frustration rising, he rose from his seat with it, prepared to demand that Dareagen tell him what he knew. But a hand grasped his arm from behind, restraining him. Through it calm reasoning poured into Zey. He stopped and looked back, of course it was Master Piim, a serene look on her face.

She was right. Zey's scowl softened as she convinced him without saying so much as a word. He had put his trust, his faith, into this young Jedi, and he needed to have the patience to see it through. His faith would be rewarded. He sat back down. "Very well." He also waved away Knight Sherland's concerns about her families rather abrupt departure. "No need to contact him. The Hellfire will surely block our transmission anyway. Or worse, use it to track down your family's location. They are safe for now, best to keep it that way."

He turned to Knight Be'orar to address her, but Master Piim was already doing so. "I'm afraid the Sith ship in orbit prevents their return, in any case I am inclined to have those who are already free remain so rather than have them return here and face living under these conditions, even if they could get past the blockade."

Knight Sherland agreed with that assessment it seemed. "I'm sorry but he will not be rejoining us. I would rather that our children have one parent around then losing both of us. He can train the children and they will be attending the school there to further their education."

Zey nodded his agreement. "We're on our own." Indeed, it was all on the Guardians here to solve this crisis, though the next series of events in the Council Chamber gave neither Zey nor Piim any confidence that they could do so. "If it is a Knight among us, then they have gone to the Dark Side. For all we knew it could be a crew member that came with our forces." The finger pointing, the inevitable result of being forced to suspect their own, began now in earnest in the Council Chamber.

"This Sith claims they're a master of disguise. Did you ever stop and consider it could be someone in here?" Dryn's look cut deeply into both General Zey and Master Piim. "I don't know any of you, so I don't trust any of you. Stop dancing around hurting feelings and actually get this guy caught!" Her fury was readily apparent, even without feeling it through the force. No doubt it was brought on by the extreme frustration they all felt right now. Sherland had a response for her though.

"A quick accusation towards someone only causes grief and problems if you don't have strong evidence to back up what you are accusing them off. It never turns out well. The dark side shrouds everything and it makes it difficult for a Jedi to get a read on a Force sensitive who doesn't want to be caught. But going around accusing the wrong Jedi only causes problems, mistrust will only serve to split this group up. Which is what this Sith is aiming for. It will only serve to weaken us allowing the Sith to move against us with ease. Without trust, we won't survive the attack. Patience is everything in a situation like this." Sherland too was feeling it, as they all were as her next words were matched by her hardened look to Dryn.

"For all we know it could be a new comer among us. For all we know it could be you we're searching for."

Zey's frustration was rising again as well. He realized how stressful the entire situation was for everyone. He stood again as he shouted to the entire Chamber. "Enough!" He held out his arms in front of him, imploring the Jedi now. "Look at us, we've fallen upon each other like a pack of Loth-wolves."

Master Piim agreed as her voice came out as a whisper, though it was heard throughout the Chamber. "We're doing the Sith's work for them." Zey sat back down as he nodded. It was late, much had occurred this day, and tomorrow didn't look any easier. It would nearly impossible if they all fell apart. "We are going to break for the evening. Tomorrow we shall question the Sith prisoners again, this time with Knight Dareagen in attendance." He sighed. He had promised Knight Trevalus a private crack at Harbinger as well.

"The focus will be on finding this Sith cancer in our midst so that we might cut it out." He looked to his right , seeing the look of approval in Master Piim's eyes now. She was tired too though. "I suggest we all get some rest, meditate and calm ourselves for the long day ahead of us."

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, galactic-vagabond422

OOC: OK folks, that's the end of this act. Feel free to use this week to post your character's reactions to Zey's announcement but know that in in my next update I'll be fast forwarding us about eight hours or so. I assume most of that time will spent be sleep cycle for y'all's characters though perhaps not all of it. If you decide to post on your character's activities during this time I ask that you steer your characters clear of the Temple Gardens until after my next update (which should come next Monday) is posted. I'll be posting a brief interlude later this week in which the reasoning for that will be made clear. [face_devil] Thanks all, and great posting by everyone. I think the sense of paranoia and frustration in the Council and throughout the Temple is really showing right now. :cool:

[​IMG]

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part II

IC: Knight Larod (NPC)
    Temple Dining Facility, Temple of Light

Larod suppressed a yawn as Padawan Battershell performed a series of diagnostics on the holo-cams and surveillance system they had just finished putting up to cover the dining facility. Even though the trio had all been here before, it had proven larger than expected from a "coverage" point of view. There was the dining hall, the kitchen and also the adjacent "pantry" which was a huge room filled with pallets of various food stuffss and ingrediants. The twists and turns that created there became a virtual maze that had been a hassle to cover adequately. That had meant that all of the equipment they had taken from the Life's Illusion was being installed here, the Dining Facility, with no ability to yet cover anywhere else. Still they had managed to cover the dining hall, the kitchen and the pantry to all of their satisfaction.

"Well, if our guest doesn't show up here, I guess we can move all of this and set it up somewhere else in a few days," Larod mused to Lenea. It hadn't been difficult to set up the equipment once you got the hang of it, though his sore shoulder was reminder of how that had taken a bit of time. He sighed, his statement sounded rather defeatest, as if they wouldn't catch the Sith for several more days.

"How's it coming padawan?" he now asked Battershell. "Does everything check out?"

TAG: Tim Battershell, Skywalker_T-65

OOC: OK folks, that's the end of this act. Feel free to use this week to post your details about the setup process and so forth but know that in in my next update I'll be fast forwarding us about eight hours or so. I assume most of that time will spent be sleep cycle for y'all's characters though perhaps not all of it. If you decide to post on your character's activities during this time I ask that you steer your characters clear of the Temple Gardens until after my next update (which should come next Monday) is posted. I'll be posting a brief interlude later this week in which the reasoning for that will be made clear. [face_devil] Thanks all, and great posting by everyone. I think the sense of paranoia and frustration in the Council and throughout the Temple is really showing right now. :cool:

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    TCC, Temple of Light

"I think they were going to try the kitchen...A Sith's gotta eat right?"

Taab was so taken aback by the notion of setting up extra security in the kitchen that he almost missed that Twitchy (Ian Thrace) had made a joke, in his presence. Maybe there is some hope for the lad after all, he mused for a moment before his thoughts went back to the issue at hand.

The DFAC was an area of low priority for Temple security, there were presently no holo cams there, so in a way it made sense to add extra coverage to the highly trafficked dining hall. But it was low priority for a reason, there was nothing there of vital importance for the Sith to attack. Not unless he was after the Jedi's supply of Corellian potatoes. Taab supposed that poisoning the GoL's food supply could be on the Sith's to do list, so he let it go for the moment, but after what had happened to the TCC secuity feed, he would have far preferred a redundant holo capability in an area already covered.

He nodded to Twitchy, he still didn't like the kid, but at least he had given him some answers.

TAG: Padawan4687, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65 (again), Zurros Ka

OOC: OK folks, that's the end of this act. Feel free to use this week to post your character's reactions to Taab/ the others in the TCC but know that in in my next update I'll be fast forwarding us about eight hours or so. I assume most of that time will spent be sleep cycle for y'all's characters though perhaps not all of it. If you decide to post on your character's activities during this time I ask that you steer your characters clear of the Temple Gardens until after my next update (which should come next Monday) is posted. I'll be posting a brief interlude later this week in which the reasoning for that will be made clear. [face_devil] Thanks all, and great posting by everyone. I think the sense of paranoia and frustration in the Council and throughout the Temple is really showing right now. :cool:

[​IMG]

Tim Battershell and The_Zeltron like this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The Council Chamber, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Kai reflexively moves to take a step back as the Grandmaster stands a scowl on his face. He obviously wanted answers, the young knight wanted them too but, he hadn’t turned up anything of use. Thankfully Master Piim put a hand on his wrist, this seemed to calm Grandmaster Zey.

"Very well." He says returning to his seat. He turns his attention to Knight Sherland, who had been rather forthright in her explanation of her and her husband’s, Anakin’s, actions. "No need to contact him. The Hellfire will surely block our transmission anyway. Or worse, use it to track down your family's location. They are safe for now, best to keep it that way." Kai nods his head, no sense putting others in danger. There is a short discussion about bringing Anakin back to the temple, a discussion cut short by the fact neither Knight Sherland nor Master Piim thought it was a good idea.

"This Sith claims they're a master of disguise.” A voice Kai doesn’t recognize calls out. “Did you ever stop and consider it could be someone in here?" Knight Sherland snaps back with a counter accusation. Kai begins to feel the same sense of paranoia he experienced in the TCC.

"Enough!" Zey shouts causing the young knight to flinch, "look at us, we've fallen upon each other like a pack of Loth-wolves." Kai nods in agreement.

"We're doing the Sith's work for them." Master Piim adds in a soft tone.

"We are going to break for the evening.” The Grandmaster says returning to his seat again, “Tomorrow we shall question the Sith prisoners again, this time with Knight Dareagen in attendance." Kai swallows hard, he recalls the dark presence he felt when passing by the chamber on his way to the Library, he can only assume that it was one of these captured Sith. If he is to be of any use in the interrogation he’ll need more to work with, a lot more. He immediately takes his leave of the chamber and walks briskly back to the Library. He rushes through the entrance heading towards his work area. Gathering up his data-pad he turns on his heel back out, there wasn’t a moment to lose. He stops for a moment to look at Letali,

“Letali I’d like your help with something, I’ll be right back.” She sees her eyes widen a bit but, before she can say anything he runs out the door. He lets the force course though his body increasing his speed, in the back of his mind Master Sarr is appalled.

The Force is not a tool you use to make your life easier Padawan, use it as such and it will master you.” He shakes his head, surely this situation called for haste. Entering the TCC he makes his way to the security station currently occupied by Taab.

“Excuse me Major Taab,” He congratulates himself on finally addressing the Mandalorian correctly. “I need to get something from here.” There’s a long, pause Kai can feel the anger and annoyance coming off the armored being. Taab then steps to the side and the young knight begins downloading as much of the security footage from outside the TCC as he can, four days’ worth. It would be an all-nighter to get though it but he’s confidant he and Letali can do it. The footage on the data-pad, Kai runs out of the TCC on another force speed run to the Library. It had been a while since he’d done this, open his body to the force and just let it flow. He stops by the canteen on his way and grabs whatever is available and carries it with him to his destination. No sense working on an empty stomach. He bursts thought the doors, “Letali, if you could grab a data-pad and meet me at my workstation.” Something close to simile appears on her face. He transfers the footage to her data-pad, “I’d like you to help me review this footage from outside the TCC. If you could start about two days before the power outage and note the comings and goings we’ll compare it to the duty roster and see where that gets us.” She nods and Kai begins reviewing his own 48 hours starting four days before the attack. He notes a male Shistavanen and Human female entering relieving Knights Rand and Pasholl and also Taab who stood watch with them, that struck Kai as odd but not out of character. During Lycar and Leawen’s watch, Kai looked them up on the roster he had, he saw that a sensor glitch was noted by them, he’d have to ask one of them about that. After a moment’s thought he realized he’d only be talking to Knight Leawen, Lycar was killed in the attack. His eyes begin to get heavy and close for a bit then snap open to see Master Zey and Knight Lycar entering the TCC how long had he been out. He made note of Zey and Lycar’s arrival and pressed on with the footage. His head begins to fall to the desk and he struggles to keep his eyes open he then sees Letali entering the TCC, that must be when the Rogue left. His eyes close and his head rests on the desk it had been a full day and his mind couldn’t keep working.

He starts awake with no idea how long he’d been out he feels a cloak around his shoulders not his, he didn’t even bring his. He rubs his face and looks to see Letali sitting next to him.

“How long was I out?” he asks slurring his words,

A little while,” she answers “I took a break while you were sleeping too.

“Did you note anything interesting in the footage you watched?” Kai responds wanting to get right to work. She begins to rub her hands together,

Nothing really, except for master Zey arriving five minutes late for his shift about a day before the attack.” That wasn’t much to work with but, it’s all he had, he’d like to talk briefly with Knight Lewen before reporting to the Council chamber. He looks over some more reports and finds a small power fluctuation a day and a bit before the attack.

“Who was on duty when this happened?” he shows the report to Letali,

Not sure I think maybe Knights Lycar and Leawen or maybe Master Piim and Padawan Leoalb.” Another thing to ask Leawen or maybe master Piim when the young Knight sees her in the council chamber,

“Thanks for your help on this Letali, and,” he tugs on the cloak around his shoulders, “I’m guessing this is yours?” She nods her head, “thanks for it as well.” He hands the brown colored article over to her and picks up his comlink, he flips though the roster and finds Knight Leawen, “Excuse me Knight Leawen, this is Kai Dareagen I’d like to talk with you about your shift in the TCC a few days before the attack?” There’s a long pause,

What exactly are you asking?” a slightly confused female voice responded.

“Well I was looking over the duty roster and reports it says that you noted a sensor glitch during your watch about four days before the attack.”

Oh,” her voice is noticeably lower and a bit hesitant, “me and Knight Lycar,” her voice slightly catches on the name, “noticed that the long range sensors blanked out. The Redemption was in orbit at the time and should have noticed anything in range, no reason to panic. We ran a diagnostic and turned up nothing in the system itself, the sensor grid or the power system, Lycar,” again she pauses slightly, “He chalked it up to atmospheric interference, but we could never confirm that.

“How long would you say the long range sensors were down?”

I don’t know,” Knight Leawen’s voice sounded annoyed like she wanted to be done with this importune interview, “one maybe one and a half seconds, not enough time for anything to happen.

“Thank you, I have one more question,” Kai hears an sigh on the other end,

What is it,” The annoyance is apparent,

“It was also noted that there was a power fluctuation about a day or two days before the attack, do you know anything about that?” Another sigh escapes her mouth,

Padawan Leoalb noted a power flow problem before Lycar… and I arrived. It seemed to be a simple matter, one of the power distribution nodes was slightly out of alignment, Leoalb bypassed the node and put it on the maintenance docket for the day. Not sure if it ever got worked on.

“And where were you when this transpired?” A sharp exhale crackles though the line,

Where was I,” another pause as the knight thought for a moment, “I guess I was in the training room watching the Padawans attempt telekinesis.” Kai made a note, “Do you have anything else to ask, I have work to do.

“No, Thank you for your time,” Kai deactivates the com and puts it down. He might have pressed a few buttons on that call but, something of an idea began to form in his mind, he just might have something to contribute to the next interrogation. Now the young knight wonders if he’ll be summoned or will he need to show up on his own.

TAG: Master Selkath, Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, Bardan_Jusik

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Council Chambers Temple of Light

Kasha stood up as she watched Zey with a frown. For all they knew, there was no traitor among them and it really was just a technical problem. They said it was sabotage but what if they were wrong and the Sith was aiming to pull the Jedi apart. It would make it easier to pick them off one at a time then as a whole. She walked out of the chambers not even wanting to speak to anyone. She did have to find her padawan and explain to him her decisions hoping to erase all doubts. She was sensing something coming from him but wasn't sure what it was related too. She closed her eyes as she sensed which way to go. Cafeteria crossed her mind.

Kasha opened her eyes headed towards the cafeteria. If she knew this attack was coming, she would've warned them sooner. Before she knew it she was passing through the doors of the cafeteria. She caught sight of her padawan in the room. She watched up to Tim with a frown. "We need to talk, Padawan."

Skywalker_T-65, Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Cafeteria Area, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

Tim sensed his Master approaching while finishing putting his rigging equipment away in its carry-case. He could sense she had things on her mind, but not exactly what - which was a great improvement in his capability over what he had had before she had started instructing him in the Ways of the Force

The emplacements had taken more time than he'd bargained for due to the complexity of ensuring as complete a coverage as possible with the few reception channels available on the portable viewer. He'd also not bargained for gaining a collection of minor muscle-pulls, contusions and abrasions from not having done any wall-ascents since Prestorious had been killed. Where he once had gone up and down walls with the ease of a spider, he now found it extremely hard work, work that required a lot of concentration. Knight Larod injuring his shoulder early on hadn't helped either!

"We need to talk, Padawan.", his Master says as she spots him.

"I think that sharing information would be a very good idea, Master, Even Ian Thrace has figured out the central problem, the fact that we very probably have a Sith Infiltrator/Saboteur hiding amongst us. In my very humble opinion, the sooner we identify and apprehend this 'Darth Slinker' character, the better. You, Daniel Sandstrider and Miss Lenea are the only beings I can be absolutely certain are innocent - you explained your lineage to me in the Convocation Hall, if you remember!"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Skywalker_T-65, Falcon

Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Cafeteria Temple of Light

Kasha nodded in agreement as she took a deep breath. "I suspect that Anakin taking the children back home would raise suspicion. Dareagen brought it up during the council meeting. But he didn't say who, I was able to piece that part together. We didn't know about the Sith attacking here. After what happened in the cave, we felt this was not a safe place for the children at the moment. Mekaila was starting to get home sick for her friends and were beginning to run low on her head ache meds. Anakin took them back to our home on Corellia. They will get their education there and Anakin can train them. Just thought I would clear that up first."

Tim Battershell, Skywalker_T-65

16. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

"Not from me, Master; possibly from the TCC operators on duty when Anakin logged your 'Rogue' out of her berth. My only concern there was her having possibly been purloined by a Sith! Not likely, but just barely within the bounds of possibility. In any case, I don't think any of my suggested responses to my discovery of her absence got actioned. And I already owe your family far too much to display that sort of base ingratitude. I'd have wanted the children away from here too, just because of their ages.

However, the situation does offer us a chance to really rattle the Sith, should you choose to allow it.... say by putting it about that Anakin will be alerting Ossus and/or Bastion to Sith heading into the 'Known Galaxy' once again. I don't know the effective range of your Bond-communications, but Mara could 'hear' Sheev Palpatine throughout the Known Galaxy, or so she said! I'ts also been said, "The hasty stroke oft goes astray". I can quite believe it!

My Illusion was modded to the gills when she was completely rebuilt twenty-five years ago; fast as a thief, as Redemption found out for herself; Twin Light Turbolasers, which I'm confident can cut quite a swathe through Droids - or Sith - on-the-march and 'Supreme Defender' Main Shields which give her almost the protection level of a Capital Ship. She's got an outsize in Power-cores to run all of that at Max, too! Prestorious spared no expense when fitting out his new 'Mobile Home'. "Your eyes can deceive you, do not trust them" is rather an apt quote where she's concerned! Nice interior traps to ensnare uninvited 'visitors', into the bargain.

TAG: Falcon, Bardan_Jusik, Skywalker_T-65.

Falcon likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    INTERLUDE

IC: Padawan Zoe (NPC)
    Temple Gardens, Temple of Light

Leaning against a tree, Zoe awoke with a start. Someone was on the island here with her. Rubbing her eyes she wondered how long it had been since her master had left her. A minute? An hour? A day? She chuckled at the last thought. Her room mate, Lacie, would have sent the sector rangers in to find her if she had been gone that long. She yawned deeply as she stretched and stood up groggily. No matter how long she had been sleeping, it hadn't been very restful.

She peered out into the trees, trying to catch a glimpse of whoever it was that had intruded on her self induced solitude, but she saw no one. She frowned in annoyance. Didn't they know she had wanted to be alone? It had been such a long day, and the rumors were flying about hidden Sith among them now. The other padawans knew that her master had been questioned, not once but twice, by the Jedi's new Inquisitor. Clearly the suspicion was on him, and thus on her as well. Lacie had told her not to worry about it, but Zoe couldn't shake the feeling of dread that had come over her at the thought of her Master being the creature they were all looking for. She had run off to the Temple Gardens, to think and meditate on what was going on. Her master had followed her soon thereafter.

But he was gone now, she had dropped him off back on the other side of the Garden's central lake so he could go get some sleep. Then she had taken the only boat back here. She looked towards the narrow rocky beach, yes there it was, right where she had left it. How had her unseen interloper gotten here? She stepped forward and there was a sudden chill in the air, the blood in her veins ran ice cold.

*SNAP-HISS*

The sound from behind her startled her, and she jumped, starting to spin around. She had just enough time to see the green glow quickly moving towards her head before she saw nothing more. She never even had time to scream.

TAG: No one. OOC: No character is to reply to this post just yet. I'm going to let it marinate over the weekend and then in my next update (probably Monday) I'll tag everyone back into the game.

[​IMG]

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC Kasha Sherland
    Cafeteria Temple of Light

Kasha shook her head. She hoped Anakin wasn't followed back or the Rogue had been tagged. There was no way for her to get a a warning out to him. On the other hand, he would do what ever it took to keep the children safe. "We have a Force bond, but it's not strong to reach that far out. To do what Palpatine did with Vader and Jade. It means going to the dark side to have that kind of connection. I'm not going to risk it. On the other hand the modifications on your ship sound impressive. Is there any way we can rig it so if an unwelcome visitor comes aboard it could stun them?"

Tim Battershell, Skywalker_T-65

19. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

"On the other hand the modifications on your ship sound impressive. Is there any way we can rig it so if an unwelcome visitor comes aboard it could stun them?" Tim's Master finished.

"The basic trap - as set at the moment - is designed to apply six Gravities of downwards acceleration to an intruder, Master. Slam into the decking and keep pinned in place. I'll need to rely on you to tell me how long that would be effective against Knight-level Force Users, if at all. It wasn't really designed with Force Powers in mind!

War Droid Blasters are items the Temple is rather unlikely to be short of at the moment - so designing, building and mounting a back-up system to stun-captives-on-movement should be perfectly feasible, if the Council would allow access to my ship, of course.

I'd also want to put you on the Illusion's Command List so you've got a way out of here if things go ill for us. Children grow up best when they have both parents in their lives.... I'm speaking as an experienced Uncle!

TAG: Falcon, Bardan_Jusik, Skywalker_T-65.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The Next Morning.

IC: Padawan Lacie (NPC)
    Temple Gardens, Temple of Light

Not caring that she didn't look dignified, Lacie rushed into the Temple Gardens. Her room mate, Zoe, hadn't returned last night. Really that hadn't been much cause for concern. She loved nature and had spent nights in the Temple Gardens before, but she had always, always, returned by daybreak so the pair could have breakfast together. But when Lacie had arrived at the dinning hall, there had been no sign of Zoe.

She had just overslept, surely that's all it was, Lacie thought to herself as she began searching the Gardens. Even with everything going on Lacie wasn't concerned enough to call in others to help find her. Zoe was going through enough right now without getting herself into trouble with the Council. Lacie's concern grew though as she found no sign of her room mate.

She spied the boat across the lake, on the island's small rocky beach. She knew Zoe was going through a rough time and had wanted to be alone, maybe she had gone over there? Calling the boat back to her through the Force (it took her several tries as she lost the boat halfway through) she boarded it and made the short journey to the island. She pushed through the bright foliage into the middle of the island. There was a large tree there that she knew Zoe (and others) liked to relax by. It was there that she found Zoe, but not as she had hoped.

The scene of carnage that met her there terrified her. Zoe was....everywhere...around her. Dismembered body parts hung from the central tree there and her head rested on a sharpened stick that had been driven into the ground. There was something hanging out of her mouth, but Zoe couldn't bring herself to step any closer to see what it was. She sank to her knees and let out a terrified scream, one that resonated in the Force as well...

Lacie's scream, her pain and anguish echoed through the Force, and it was in the Force that every Jedi in the Temple could feel her pain.

It was felt in the Council Chamber, where Knight Sherland and Daniel Sandstrider had already arrived...

TAG: Falcon, Skywalker_T-65

It was felt on the Knight's Dormitory level, where Knight Trevalus was tending to his nests in his own quarters, while Knight Archisa meditated silently within her's...

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Ananta Chetan

It was felt in the library, by a once again napping Knight Dareagen who awoke alone, much as poor Zoe had the previous night...

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

It was felt in the Dining Hall where padawan's Battershell and Ka had just sat down, their trays filled with what the server droid had said was reconstituted nuna egg product...

TAG: Tim Battershell, Zurros Ka

It was felt in the service levels of the Temple, where Lenea Sandstrider was repairing a faulty power distribution node...

TAG: Skywalker_T-65

It was felt in the Temple training hall where Grandmaster Zey found himself taking time to train his padawan, Ian Thrace as Knight Be'orar and Eira Dryn worked out their own frustrations, engaged in a rather competitive sparring match.

TAG: Gotab, The_ZeltronRebecca_Daniels

And it was felt in the Temple Stockade, where two Sith prisoners soaked in Lacie's anguish and smiled. It had begun.

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Elim Rand (NPC)/Knight Vomkoju (NPC)
    TCC, Temple of Light

"So, no luck again last night?" Elim sounded mirthful, though behind that was a level of concern and compassion for his Twi'lek comrade. "No, well early this morning, before out shift started." The human Knight stroked his chin slowly at that. "You have been using the techniques I showed you?" The twi'lek's head tails twicthed in annoyance. "Oh yes, and even went to the Temple Gardens as you suggested, but no luck. I can't seem to meditate any longer."

"Curious."

"I'm just too....agitated, can't seem to calm myself down."

Rand nodded, still stroking his chin. He supposed that shouldn't be too surprising given all that was going on now, but he could empathize. "Well if..."

He was interrupted by the sudden arrival of Major Taab. Vomkoju "challenged" him. "Major, you're not supposed to be on duty here for at least seven more hours." Well six hours and 45 minutes Rand smiled to himself at his silent joke. As always, Taab didn't seem to be in a gaming mood. "I'm here for a quick status update and to review the security board." He bounded up the short steps to his station and began poking at buttons.

"Nothing out of the ordinary," Rand reported. "Well except for still being under a state of siege." It amazed him still how quickly he had become accustomed to the dangerous situation out beyond the Temple walls. Perhaps it was because danger always seemed to find him, he was just used to it by now. "Still no sign of our Sith friend inside the Temple, but the Sith outside have made no attepts at breaching our defenses." Taab nodded to all of this as he continued checking his own security status boards.

"Still getting low grade jamming from the Hellfire?"

Rand glanced at the comm board to confirm before answering, though he didn't need to. The jamming had started not long after the Hellfire arrived. "Indeed, not enough to affect in system traffic, but sending a signal out of system would prove impossible..."

Vomkuju's head tails twitched once more. "We could overpower the jamming, we have access to the planet's core. Why not just burn through?"

Taab shook his head no vehemently as Rand explained. "Putting that much power through the comm relays would serve as a beacon to anyone out there searching for us, or even if they weren't searching for us. We would be putting out a bright neon sign saying "Hidden Jedi Temple Here". With who knows how many other Sith sects out there, plus the troubles going on in nearby Chiss space, it's just not worth the risk."

"We're on our own," Taab agreed.

"We?" Rand looked to Taab and smiled. "How..." and then in unison both Jedi put a hand their own head. Taab cocked his head to one side and looked at them curiously. They looked dizzy, off balance. Vomkoju even went to one knee, though Rand stayed standing by leaning against the central command console. Taab looked around the room, looking for the source of what he assumed was a psychic attack but he saw nothing. He drew his blaster pistol, ready to engage the unseen threat but Rand waved him back.

"We're...we're fine," he spoke as the attack seemed to abate after only a moment. He still hadn't recovered fully though and was leaning against the wall now. "Major Taab, I think you should head to the Temple Gardens. I fear something terrible has happened."

TAG: No One

IC: General Hector Zey
    Training Hall, Temple of Light

"Again." Zey ordered as the last blasts from the remote were deflected away by his padawan's training saber. The remote heeded the order and reset, ready to attack again as soon as Ian Thrace was ready and Zey gave the order. The entire Temple had been shaken by recent events, and Master Piim had suggested that Zey take some time teaching to settle his mind, as well as that of his new padawan. It had not gone well at first, but the lad was getting better.

There would be more questions today, and Zey was already looking forward to bringing the Sith prisoners before him, looking forward to eventually watching them break. And they would eventually break, even if he had to turn them over to Taab and Knight Trevalus. Oh, they would break.

"Make sure your blindfold is on tight Ian," he said loudly over the sounds coming from the other side of the training hall. There Knight Be'orar and Eira Dryn were engaged in their own sparring match. Zey was sure they were working off their own frustrations and anxious energy. They were a good match, both loners as far as Zey could tell, and both warriors as he was. Sadly, this would probably be the high point of their day.

"OK, Ian. Ready," Zey prepared a second remote without telling the boy it was coming. He was doing well to work past his fear, his nervousness. But that was against just one remote. It was time to see how he dealt with the unexpected. It was then that the unexpected hit everyone in the training hall...

Wave upon wave of pain and suffering crashed upon Zey like a tsunami. He staggered slightly under the onslaught of pure emotion, though he managed to keep his balance. Someone, someone in the Temple was in terrible pain. It was terrible, and...suddenly the feeling was gone, replaced by an uncertain calmness that soon became the buzz of confusion from all around him. He looked first to his padawan and then to Dryn and Be'orar. They had clearly felt it too, he suspected everyone in the Temple had felt that, and just like everyone else he felt that it had emanated from the Temple Garden.

"Be'orar, Dryn, Ian. Are you all right?" He didn't wait for an answer, or maybe he just wasn't listening. "We need to get to the Gardens," he told them all. "And Ian, leave your training saber here."

TAG: Gotab, The_Zeltron, Rebecca_Daniels

OOC: OK everyone, we're back! Assume it is early morning (about 0630) in the Temple. As all of the player characters heard Lacie's scream in the Force they will make their way to the Temple Gardens at their own pace to meet there. I only tagged players who have been active lately. If I didn't tag you, PM me and I'll tag you back into the game.

[​IMG]

21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Cafeteria, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

Tim looked grumpily at the yellowish mess on his plate as he sat down alongside Zurros Ka. Nuna eggs! And not even fresh Nuna eggs, but some reconstituted version. Yuck! What did an Agamarian have to do around here to get a decent meal of Mugruebe Stew for Breakfast, Lunch or Supper? Not to mention for Breakfast, Lunch and Supper! How was a man supposed to keep active and alert on slop like Nuna eggs?

Next second, the Nuna egg question became absolutely irrelevant as his arms straightened with a convulsive jerk that sent tray, plate, offensive Nuna eggs and all, flying off the opposite side of the table to land in an untidy heap on a vacant seat.

Continuing their involuntary movements, his left hand went to his head, while his right (operating without conscious thought, on 'muscle memory') flew to the hilt of his Lightsaber and started to push it forward into the 'draw'.

For a second or two the Temple of Light Cafeteria faded and morphed into the backstage area of a theatre on a distant, third-rate, world in (what was then) Sith-controlled space. On the Stage Control Unit monitors, in front of him, Tim saw The Great Prestorious in full flow, midway through his 'Hey! I'm a Jedi' illusion;

In that past reality, he'd just sat there for hours, shocked, frozen and unresponsive until well into the following day.

In this current reality, the flash-back faded as quickly as it had started.... Leaving everything appearing as it had been before the vision had struck.

White-faced, and (if he would admit to it) trembling slightly at the power of what had just gripped him, Tim slid his Lightsaber hilt back into the 'secure-carry' position - grateful that the draw had not been completed. He had severe doubts that he would be able to align the dovetails properly at present! Just fishing out his GoL-issue ComLink and speed-dialling the TCC was hard enough; although all that childhood role-playing at being ASF First-Responders with Joph Sturm under the instruction of Joph's ASF Inspector father was about to result in a conditioned response;

"Padawan Battershell to TCC.... If you sensed that 'disturbance' as coming from the Gardens, recommend you shut down Turbolift access to the Promenade level, Stat. If we have a crime-scene to protect, let's protect it properly. Ask Major Taab to jetpack across to investigate.... and recommend he takes his Strill with him.

Turning to Zurros, he said;

"Assuming that someone hasn't just found Knight Dareagen, do you feel up to going and finding him yourself? Stick to him like glue, please, if and when you do!"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Zurros Ka.

Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The Library, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Kai starts awake with a splitting pain in his head. It’s a scream of anguish and horror that runs down his spine and freezes his blood. After the scream subsides Kai looks around he’s alone, somewhere in his mind he knows where the wail came from. He runs out of the Library heading towards what he thinks is the epicenter. Once again he opens his body to the Force increasing his speed. In the back of his mind he hopes that this isn’t what he fears. That the infiltrator that he failed to find has struck again and this time they’ve taken a life.

He bursts into the once serene Gardens and looks across the lake. He feels a strong sense of despair emanating from an island out in the lake. Without breaking stride, or noticing anyone else there, he barrels into the water like a child at the beach. Once out deeper he swims as fast as he can ending up at the opposite shore, out of breath and soaking wet with cold water. He ventures further into brush coming out near a large tree.

His heart stops, it was worse than he could imagine. A body had been cut to pieces and strung up around the tree. Out of breath, and now filled with sadness Kai drops to a knee. I doing so he sees a head cruelly stationed on a sharpened stick, like some primitive trophy or warning. Long black hair, greyish eyes, he knows who it is, it’s Zoe.

His right hand grips his lightsaber wanting to storm out of the Gardens and rain fiery vengeance upon the two Sith in custody until they reveal the infiltrator, then tear that person to pieces very slowly, very painfully, make them feel more pain then could be experienced in twenty lifetimes. His left hand digs into the soil, wanting nothing more than to curl up into a ball and hide. It is his fault. He didn’t find the hidden predator in time and now the blood of this padawan in on his hands. His mind flashes back to his interview with her. There was some pain around her but, so much potential. Now another light is snuffed out and he’s the one to blame. His heart swirls with equal parts red hot anger, and heavy black guilt. Trapped in an emotional tug of war, the young knight is frozen in place next to the Jedi that is already breaking down in anguish.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

23. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Guest Quarters-Temple of Light

Each Jedi's inner relationship with the Force is unique, something Suraya did not begin to comprehend in its subtlety while she was still young. For some the felt presence of the Force remains in the forefront in all aspects of their lives, such Jedi ever conscious of what binds the universe together and the real nature behind all of existence, while for others it is experienced more in the background as the underlying fabric behind all things, while not generally felt or experienced in all its unity. For Suraya, the world she merged into while meditating felt more real more frequently than her regular daily life. From here emotions could be witnessed as mere ripples on the cosmic lake, both light and dark and each life form a mere wave rising and subsiding in the cosmic ocean of existence eternally. So when the morning's events began to unfold she was grateful to have the vantage point of first experiencing them while still sitting with her legs crossed in solitude in the guest quarters.

First came the sharp swelling vibration of a darkness somewhere not far away. A predator seeing its helpless victim followed by the brief moment of shock and disbelief of its prey, then a merging of that individual's light within the Force, a spark of euphoria, released from the crude matter of the body. She smiled to herself, feeling their joy. Then further vibrations of the dark one, so lost in the shadows, that it sought to siphon some form of further power from the bodily shell left behind of its prey, but alas, like a snake swallowing its own tail, it only sunk further into the delusion of ignorance of the true nature of the Light.

Then the ripples from the ripples within the Force began to spread as quickly. The inner reactions of her peers and fellow Jedi from the occurrence, running the full gamut of emotional responses. Each distinct but overlapping with and influencing each other. Going to the window she peered out over the lawns to the edge of the garden near the shore of the lake and saw that many had already gathered there. She could see one Jedi submersed in grief and guilt and a flood of tumultuous emotions begin to traverse the waters alone towards the island. Their grief and anger tangibly passed over her while her eyes were still only half open to the world. She watched calmly and decided to give pause and wait a moment before joining the others...while simultaneously calling on the soothing energies within the Living Force to seek out those sentients most in need.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, galactic-vagabond422, ....and all the rest. :p

24. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    IC: Zurros Ka
    Cafeteria, Temple of Light

His meal was bland and unappealing, but it served to nourish him all the same, his eating companion Tim Battershell looked rather disgusted by the food in front of him.

Suddenly a pain hit him, someone was screaming through the force. Pushing himself to his feet Zurros closed his eyes and sought out the source of the anguish. Zurros was pulled back to the present by Battershell addressing him:

"Assuming that someone hasn't just found Knight Dareagen, do you feel up to going and finding him yourself? Stick to him like glue, please, if and when you do!"

"As you wish" Zurros replied. "Are we to assume he is in danger?"

Sending out a message through the force, Zurros spoke: Dareagen, where are you?

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik Tim Battershell

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: GM Note; Please no sending messages via the Force unless the characters have an already established (and pre-approved by the GM) force link. Such is far too prone to abuse in a game setting. Use com-links for long range communication instead. Thank you.

With regards to the previous post, let's retcon that to a message sent via com-link to avoid future problems/confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.