main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    The Gardens, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

As Tim moved through the entrance to the Gardens he was greeted by a somewhat muffled call of "Padawan Battershell! Your Master is already here and is keeping watch near the shoreline." from Ian Thrace and a pointed finger indicating the direction to take.

Tim gave Ian a half-bow and a friendly "Thank you, Ian!" before veering in the proper direction. He was, though, a little surprised that the young Padawan seemed to be attempting to practice ventriloquism at such a time!

A short further distance along the path brought him to the shore of a lake or canal where his Master was standing and a boat, occupied by Grandmaster Zey, was just putting out from the far bank.

"Apologies for my tardiness, Master. I don't know exactly why but I couldn't keep locked-in on your Force-signature. Either whatever that disturbance was shook me up more than I realised - and it was powerful enough to trigger a flashback to Prestorious' death - or there was too high a level of negative emotions in the Force. Anyway, may I introduce you to Padawan Zurros Ka? Zurros, this is my Master; Jedi Master Kasha Sherland."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Zurros Ka, Falcon.

Bardan_Jusik and Ananta Chetan like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    The Gardens shoreline, Temple of Light

"Nice to meet you, Zurros," Kasha said with a slight smile. She paused for a second and shook her head. "I could sense you fading in and out as well as if there was interference. Either something or someone was doing it, but I'm not a hundred sure what why or who," before she could speak another word a droid approached them causing her to frown.

"I have been tasked with corpse retrieval and examination, would any of you know the nature of the body in question?"

Kasha raised an eyebrow as she felt shock wash through her. At that point she noticed Master Zey was on his way back. "Corpse retrieval? Is that why we're on lock down? And no, none of us has been allowed to cross over, Master Zey can answer that question when he gets back on land," The sooner they dealt with this dark side user that is running around loose in the temple, the better. What happened out there on the island? Now she was really glad her children were not here. "Padawan, you and I need to find that Sith infilitrator before there are more casualties."

Tim Battershell, Zurros Ka, Bardan_Jusik,

3. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

"Padawan, you and I need to find that Sith infiltrator before there are more casualties." Tim's Master finished.

"Agreed, Master.... One moment please....

Is that Doctor Serjon by any chance?"
    he called over to the 21-B Medical Droid that had just arrived and announced a 'corpse retrieval' tasking. "If you have the capability, could I possibly ask you to make a 3D Holo-recording of the scene and surrounding area before you set to work? Maximum possible resolution, please; it might help the investigation if we have a detailed, permanent, record."

Then, turning back to his Master, he said; "The balance of probabilities strongly favours whatever's happened over there being the work of 'Darth Slinker', Master, but I'd rather not simply assume it - not just yet, anyway.

Regarding 'Slinker', my conclusion is that he or she is masquerading as a Knight. Padawans don't have the freedom to go here, there and everywhere on a whim, at least not without risking close questioning and Masters are too few in number - all of them would be known by name and by sight to a large number of Knights and Padawans.

Our main problem appears to be that we have no idea of when 'Slinker' slipped into the Temple. It's even possible that occurred before Grandmaster Decinchi returned to Saridona and found all the Guardians had left on other business. Or at any time since. However, if someone can prevail on Major Taab to keep a check on the 'take' from the surveillance cams we put up yesterday, he may find that a purported Jedi comes up as 'unknown' when cross-checked against the Temple Database; definite grounds for suspicion if that happens, no?. I couldn't see any official Security Cams where we set mine up and mine aren't all that conspicuous, so 'Slinker' might wander into their coverage without realising that those areas are now monitored.... even Sith have to eat, don't they?

The quickest and most certain method, though, is a 'Sting Operation'. I suggested that earlier, but neither Knight Larod nor Daniel wanted to take the risk of authorising one themselves. The disadvantage is that whoever plays the 'bait' has to look the part - therefore Knights and Masters have to be excluded - yet be good enough with their weapons to keep 'Slinker' in play until a response team arrives. Zurros is one that I'd say was good enough - although he might be seen as too capable - Miss Tano also looks to be rather handy with a blade, despite her youth.

As it's my idea, Master, I consider myself duty-bound to volunteer as 'bait'. I just hope my skills and nearly thirty years of Halls-of-Arms experience will allow me to hold my own against a Sith.

TAG: Falcon, (indirectly Bardan_Jusik, Zurros Ka, Padawan4687).

Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    IC: Zurros Ka
    Temple Gardens

'It is a pleasure to meet you also Master Sherland' Zurros inclined his head to the Master.

Listening as Battershell outlined a few plan options to subdue the intruder, and offered himself as bait. Zurros turned to him, 'As before Tim, I am at your command should you need assistance in this'

TAG Falcon Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Gardens, Temple of Light, Seridona Prime

As his buzzing song came to a close he could make out the Grand Master returning on the small boat to their side of the shore. It was an interesting state of affairs. One which was content to let pass without comment even as the med droid arrived and basically spelled out for everyone what was happening with its questions. Still as such things went he merely felt his trunk droop slightly, this was the proof they were looking for, the only proof they really could even ask for that the Sith really was amongst them.

Waiting passively though did not seem like a gift the Force was going to allow him as the new Jedi posed a possible situation he had not truly thought of, ambush yes, but an explosive trap with a plausible remote trigger? He would hope security was on top of things enough for that to prove to not be a possibility, but at the same time wondered how hard it would be to weaponize a few dozen scrap sith droids spare power packs and gas canisters without anyone truly noticing that a few parts were missing from the battles around the temple.

As she began to scan the earth and structures about them with her eyes and the Force, a minor trebble within it compared to the deafening rending of likely the dead Jedi. Still her words he merely nodded, "A prudent thought." and reaching up he tapped the side of his goggles to change the filter settings as his other arm moved from his side to rest upon his old master's lightsaber that was upon his side. Drawing a calm from that familiar contact and resistance, and that there was no death, merely the Force, he set himself to analyze what he was seeing as he rocked on his heels. Meditating on the Force and what flittered before his eyes as he saw the world shift with overlaying patterns of heat, UV, and EM settings. If there was something his simple receiving goggles should hopefully pickup something for him to note out of place. After all he had used these settings here before when looking for a good snack and so had a general idea of what he should be seeing.

Never the less he felt a disquiet at the thought of what this Jedi had put forward, if he did see something would there even be enough time to warn or do anything? He had little idea, and so kept this his own doubt to himself as he echoed the mantra once more of the Jedi code and looked for the calm that even if he survived these as he had his master it was merely another day. The suns would rise and set on countless worlds, countless would be born and die, and these would be but a trickle to that flow, and his sorrow and emotions but a drop in the oceans they all created.

TAG: Ananta Chetan, Bardan_Jusik, @Whomever notices the two suspicious acting lurkers.

6. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC: Ian Thrace
    Garden, Temple of Light Saridona Prime

Ian watched carefully as "Battershell" thanked him before following after his master. Padawan Ka went with him. Ian didn't know Ka very well, come to think of it, he didn't know any of the other Padawans very well, but he looked like he would be good with a blade. If this was all some sort of trap set up by "Battershell", or whoever the Sith was, Ka looked like the guy who could fight his way out of trouble. Ian glanced around furtively, realizing how alone he was again.

His solitude lasted only a moment as the medical droid arrived. Now that was a being in the Temple that Ian knew well! Serjon had tended to him from his arrival to the Temple through his various "incidents." It was curious therefore when Serjon said nothing to him, and simply followed the others to the shoreway. "Well that explains it," Ian whispered to himself, "someone must be hurt over on the island and Serjon is here to help them." He tried peering through the trees but couldn't see what was going on. He was alone again.

Suddenly an even more frightening thought pierced his mind. He was supposed to be "securing" this entrance. Did that mean he wasn't supposed to let anyone in? Because he had just allowed two Padawans and a droid through without so much as asking them why they were here! Oh Grandmaster Zey and Knight Sherland were going to be very cross with him when they saw him again.

TAG: Tim Battershell, Falcon, Zurros Ka, @Bardan Jusik

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Kasha smiiled at Zurros with a nod. She could tell he led a rough life, but on the other hand she also sensed light and loyalty in him. "For now, keep your eyes peeled. There';s a chance the intruder has left the gardens by now. On the other hand, you just never know. Same goes for you, my padawan learner."

Kasha looked towards Padawan Ian and frowned. She could sense unease in him and uncertainty. She approached Ian with a neutral expression. "Padawan Ian, I can sense much confusion in you. Is something wrong?"

Gotab, Bardan_Jusik, Tim Battershell, Zurros Ka

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  8. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Kai Dareagen
    The Gardens, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"Enough, we don't have time for this..." Gradmaster Zey tries to come between Kai and the Mandalorian neither budge. Major Taab gives a defense of his people, saying that, like the Jedi, they can never be wiped out. Kai hisses again, how dare he compare his group of murderers to Kai’s family of protectors.

"Yes, we failed to protect her,” the Jedi’s anger rises again, “Easy Picking's death,” Kai is now very close to losing his cool, and with every word out of the Merc’s mouth he gets ever closer to that threshold. “I could just as easily be paid to kill you as to protect you.” Kai wraps his hand around his lightsaber. At this distance he could attack this man where he stood, maybe injure him, possibly kill him, and Kai is on the brink of doing it.

"I said enough!" Zey separates the two men, Kai still gripping fiercely to his lightsaber. Taab informs the group that the coroner and arrived. "I'll take the boat back across...if you two can behave." The armored being nods his head, Kai takes a deep breath, there’s been too much killing and the young man doesn’t want blood on his hands, just yet.

"Now, if you listen to my assessment it tells us something about our little Sith friend," Taab starts, in deference to the Grandmaster, Kai listens. "This Sith went after easy pickings,” a growl escapes the younger man’s throat, “he's not looking for a fight. Taking out someone like the General, or another member of the Council would have hurt us far worse. Shab, even taking you out would have damaged our defenses more than eliminating a defenseless padawan." Taab looks over to the padawan that was there from the start, Kai steps to block his gaze. "Instead of going for maximum damage he went for a sure win, which tells us something. This Sith is a coward, afraid to take a real stand. So Meat, what's your next move?"

Kai’s hand shook, he now knows his Taab name but, is not in a humorous mood. “It’s Kai,” he says through gritted teeth, “Dareagen, Knight of the New Jedi Order, I’d appreciate it if you refer to me as such.” Another pause, the Jedi glares at Taab, “I agree with your appraisal of the situation, this monster doesn’t want a fair fight or a real one but, they have a flare for the dramatic and a healthy sense of self-preservation. I plan to examine the holo footage from the entrances to this place from lights out to Zoe,” he put extra emphasis on the name, “being found, then using that information build a list of potential suspects, after that list is complete interview each one in turn getting alibies and the like, maybe I’ll have more to go on afterward.” He releases his weapon, and takes another breath, “I’ll remain with Zoe until she’s collected then get started on the investigation. You can leave now, I’m sure you’ve got some patrols to do.”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

9. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    Garden, Temple of Light Saridona Prime

Ian nearly jumped in fright as Knight Sherland snuck up on him. Why would she do that, is she trying to kill me? He thought to himself as she asked her question. "Padawan Ian, I can sense much confusion in you. Is something wrong?"

He flushed red, of course she wasn't trying to kill him, even if she had almost given him a heart attack. At least he knew she wasn't the secret Sith, she could have dispatched him easily and hadn't. At least not yet. "I ummm," he finally answered, "I...I think I might be doing this...wrong." He pointed at the doorway. "Grandmaster Zey and yourself," he bowed to her, "said to secure this doorway."

He shrugged. "However, I've been letting everyone through." he started to tremble a bit now, wondering how angry she would be with him, and wondering how much worse the Grandmaster's anger would be. "Padawan's Battershell and Ka, Serjon, I just let them all through." Useless he thought to himself now, I am completely useless.

TAG: Falcon

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Garden, temple of light (I see paranoia is setting in)

"I asked you to let my padawan in," Kasha explained with a soft smile. "Zurros has skills in the fighting area. If the Sith is still in here we can use all the help we can get. We chose that particular door is because it has holo security footage, it'll allow us to closely monitor who enters and leaves the garden. The rest of the doors are locked now," she glanced to where her padawan learner and Zurros were standing at the waters edge. She turned her attention back to Ian. "The Sith are trying to make us jump at shadows and paranoid about each other. The last thing we need is to be jumping to conclusions about everyone before we have a chance to figure out who it is. For all we know, it's someone who made planet side during the battle. It will only weaken us making it easier for the Sith to take us out. That's the last thing we need. Do you understand?"

Gotab

11. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    IC: Zurros Ka
    Temple Gardens

Turning to Padawan Battershell, Zurros said: 'Do you believe the infiltrator is still amongst us in the gardens? If it were you, would you wish to observe the aftermath first hand? Feeling a strange tremor in the force, Zurros stared at Ian Thrace for a moment. Turning back to Tim he said: 'Not to imply that you are the Sith, obviously'

TAG: Gotab Tim Battershell

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

"Do you believe the infiltrator is still amongst us in the gardens? If it were you, would you wish to observe the aftermath first hand?.... Not to imply that you are the Sith, obviously"

"Seccers routinely record imagery of beings who have gathered to observe a crime-scene, Zurros. It's one of the investigative tools they use."; Tim replied; "The aim is to identify who the observers are and then closely background-check them up, down and sideways. Occasionally that results in a firm lead to the perpetrator. So, personally and hypothetically, I would choose to keep well away if at all possible!

Of course, I only learned about killers who don't have a strong connection to the Force while growing-up and acting as an ASF Consultant in my former life. I'm not all that experienced with the Force yet, but even I can feel the negative emotions that are swirling around.

However, not being a Sith, I cannot pretend to have any ability to predict our infiltrator's actions. Much would depend on whether he or she had managed to become registered as a legitimate resident of the Temple; or had been simply using the Meditation Island as a secret hideout. A case of putting your Credits down and rolling the Chance Cube, I'm afraid. Still, as my Master implied, we lose nothing by remaining alert, vigilant and ready for instant action.

TAG: Zurros Ka, (indirectly Bardan_Jusik, Falcon).

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part I

IC: General Hector Zey/Serjon, 2-1B medical droid, (NPC)
    Garden, Temple of Light

"If you have the capability, could I possibly ask you to make a 3D Holo-recording of the scene and surrounding area before you set to work? Maximum possible resolution, please; it might help the investigation if we have a detailed, permanent, record." Serjon paused for a moment before responding.

"Of course sir, my optical and 3-D scanners are equipped with high resolution to aid in performing the most arduous of surgeries and micro-surgeries. They are however somewhat outdated and might not meet the standards of resolution you are used to. I shall attach my scans to the cornoer's log for future reference by the investigating authority." It looked for a moment as if the droid might have something else to say, but at that moment the General arrived, bringing the boat with him. "If you'll excuse me sir, my ride is here."

Bringing the boat back to the "mainland" side of the lake Zey saw a gathering of Jedi, along with the medical droid, waiting for him. It was obvious that they too had felt Lacie's pain in the force and made their way here to investigate and help. Zey knew what the horrible source of that pain was, and that it was still up to Knight Dareagen to track down the monster who had perpetrated that horrible crime against Zoe. He steeled himself, knowing that he would soon have to inform the others of what had happened.

As soon as the boat ground ashore Zey hopped off onto dry land. Sensing that all the Jedi in the Garden were not in fact congregated here, he called out them all to assemble there at the water's edge. As they did so, he gestured to the 2-1B droid to board the boat and gave the water going vessel a slight force push once the droid had boarded. Turning back around he addressed the Jedi, their curious faces calling out for answers.

"I know you have all felt what I have felt," he began looking first to Knight's Sherland and Trevalus. They had been among the more vocal members of the Council during their meeting the evening before. "You all were drawn here, to help the one in need, the one whose pain we all felt." His look lingered now on Knight Be'orar and Eira Dryn who must have arrived from the training hall after he had made his way to the island. "That one is padawan Lacie, she is still on the island with Knight Dareagen and Major Taab." His eyes met those of Knight Archisa, her insight and compassion might serve well to helping padawan Lacie cope with her pain.

Zey took a deep breath now, Lacie's pain was bad enough. Explaining the source of it would be even worse. "Earlier today, moments before we felt her scream through the Force, padawan Lacie discovered her room mate, padawan Zoe, in the center of the island." That by itself wouldn't have been cause for concern, nor would it have been the cause of Lacie's breakdown. Looking to the Jedi here, he was sure they understood that, and they had figured out what came next. "When found, padawan Zoe had been...murdered. Her body cut to pieces..." he trailed off before looking to Knight Sandstrider and padawan Thrace. Sandstrider had excused himself from the interogation last night rather than face the dark side. How would he respond to this rather brazen display of the dark side's power? And padawan Thrace, Ian. He seemed to be the very kind of Jedi who would succumb to the fear and dissent that this Sith was trying to sow with this heinous act.

"It would seem that sometime last night, our saboteur, this hidden evil in our midst, has graduated to murder, murder most foul, in an attempt to frighten us," He looked to padawan Tano. "To divide us," his gaze fell upon padawan Battershell. "To defeat us," he looked lastly at padawan Ka, the Falleen warrior. He paused to look at the entire assemply at once. "We shall not let that happen. Knight Dareagen is investigating this attack as the work of the Sith. You will all assist him in any way he asks." He raised his hands to th "sky" as he ended his impromtu speech.

"Jedi, I swear to you in this, we will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter, and we will not fail."

OOC: In order to prevent us from "losing" anyone along the way, I've moved most of the characters that haven't moved yet to the Temple Gardens. Skywalker, Lenea is still to be working on that power distribution node in the Temple's service areas as we discussed earlier. The last line of Zey's speech blatently ripped off from President George W. Bush's September 2001 Address to a Joint Session of Congress.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Tim Battershell, Zurros Ka, Padawan4687. This post to continue in Part III of today's update.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part II

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Serjon (NPC)/Padawan Lacie (NPC)
    Central island, Gardens, Temple of Light

Taab cocked his head to the side in curiosity at he noted Meat's (Kai Dareagen) barely contained rage. That certainly didn't seem very Jedi like, it seemed almost...normal. Taab approved. That anger was a natural reaction for most sentients in the Galaxy, and if properly contained and harnessed could make for a valuable ally in combat. But it had to be tempered with a coolness of thought, a kind of arrogant detachment that Taab found made it easier to deal with events such as this. He doubted this Jedi would ever get that lesson though.

“It’s Kai Dareagen, Knight of the New Jedi Order, I’d appreciate it if you refer to me as such.” He paused, allowing that to sink in. Taab had to give him points for having the courage to stand up to him, even if Taab knew that Meat's desire to call him by name wouldn't be fulfilled. “I agree with your appraisal of the situation, this monster doesn’t want a fair fight or a real one but, they have a flare for the dramatic and a healthy sense of self-preservation. I plan to examine the holo footage from the entrances to this place from lights out to Zoe...” he put extra emphasis on the name, as if that would somehow get Taab to think of the corpse as a person. She was decaying flesh now, strewn about the garden. Calling her by her name wasn't going to bring her back. “...being found, then using that information build a list of potential suspects, after that list is complete interview each one in turn getting alibies and the like, maybe I’ll have more to go on afterward.” He released his weapon, and took another breath. Was he calming down a bit now? "I’ll remain with Zoe until she’s collected then get started on the investigation. You can leave now, I’m sure you’ve got some patrols to do.”

Taab inclined his head, he knew when he had been dismissed, though this instance was certainly more obvious than others. This was a unique situation, Taab was nominally head of Temple Security, and yet he wasn't the one running the hunt for the Sith. Instead it was this Jedi, who being a Knight also outranked Taab. Shab, even the lowliest padawan technically outranked the Mandalorian within the current rank structure of the Temple. It made Taab feel more like a constable than a soldier. Still, orders were orders, regardless of how Taab felt about them. "OK Tough Guy," he created a new moniker for the Jedi formerly know as Meat on the spot. "You let me know when you have something." He paused as he lowered the rangefinder on the right side of his buy'ce, taking in a holo-scan of the crime scene. "Until then, enjoy your investigation."

He turned and moved back through the brush passing the medical droid as he went. "In any case, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other real soon." The droid stopped, "Excuse me sir, were you addressing me?" Taab looked at the antiquated droid for a moment. "No, I wasn't. Just get your job over with, and copy me on your findings." Then, before the droid could respond he ignited his jetpack and jetted to the opposite shore where the other Jedi were gathered.

The sound of Taab's jetpack "whooshing off" caused Lacie to flinch. She had had barely heard anything over the past several moments, she wasn't even sure if any of this was real. It had to be a dream, some terrible nightmare. She would wake up soon, she was sure of it. But that loud sound, the Mandalorian's jetpack, if this had been a nightmare, if she was just sleeping, that would have woken her up. She swallowed, making a gurgling sound as the tears began to flow more freely once again. This was no nightmare, and her friend, her best friend, really was dead. The medical droid was here now, looking over everything. When it had arrived she didn't know.

"The body appears to be that of a young adult human female. Cause of death is not readily apparent as the body has been dismembered..." Serjon began to prattle on and Lacie felt herself turning inwards again. She didn't want to hear this.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part III

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Temple Gardens, Temple of Light

Taab's arrival back at the beach coincided with the end of some speech that the General (Hector Zey) was giving. Back to being a blowhard Taab thought to himself. The Jedi didn't need speeches, or long drawn out investigations. They needed action. They needed to draw this Sith out and destroy him, before they were destroyed in turn. He glanced about, of course they also didn't need to be clustered together like that either. Not in an area that had already proven to be unsafe. A tingling sensation down their leg (or however the force alerted them to danger) would let them know if their "guest" had left anything harmful behind. Well, possibly.

The TCC had done their job of shutting down most entrances to the area, leaving just the one open. When he had first arrived Taab had been more concerned with getting combat capable troops, in this case jetiise, to the area as quickly as possible rather than securing the area. Now that this had turned into a murder investigation, (of which he was not a part) it was more necessary to restrict access. He commed down to the TCC to send a pair of trustworthy Knights to guard entrance 8-7. His call came too late however, because as soon as he finished the call, all hell broke loose.

IC: Knight Aroon (NPC)

Aroon rushed into Temple Garden, past those who were guarding the only working door. He had spent the last few minutes trying to find one that worked, but Temple Security had locked them all down. They wanted to keep people out, that was for sure. Still he announced his presence loudly as he shouted out to anyone in the Garden that could hear him.

"Zoe, Zoe where are you?" He found the Jedi gathered near the shore. No one, not General Zey nor Major Taab had ever seen him so emotional before. "Zoe, it's Zoe isn't it?" There was an almost crazed, desperate look in his eyes, his hair was unkempt and his Jedi robes hastily thrown on. He had however, somehow remembered to grab his (replacement) lightsaber which dangled from his belt. "What's happened to my padawan? Please don't tell me she's gone, please..."

TAG (again): Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Tim Battershell, Zurros Ka, Padawan4687

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Shoreline Gardens, Temple of Light

Kasha felt shock wash through her at the news. The Sith had been cut to pieces. She felt sick to her stomach as she slowly realized that he had left the other padawan on the island. She suspected she wasn't alone but it was apparent someone lacked compassion. She could sense the girl's grieving through the Force, she hoped the master had enough sense to walk the girl away from the remains. Her instincts told her otherwise. "Master Zey, may I have permission to cross? I sense the girl is still in turmoil and I have a feeling if you haven't led her away from the remains, that she is still staring at them. This is not healthy."

Before Kasha could speak any further, another Knight joined them on the beach she recognized as Zoe's master. Maybe she could take him across with her. "Master Zey, may I take master Aroon to his padawan?"

This was not going to be a pretty scene at all.

Tag Bardan_Jusik, Indirectly Mitth_Fisto, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Tim Battershell, Zurros Ka, Padawan4687

17. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Temple Gardens

None of her previous assignments had allowed Suraya such a prolonged duration away from Mirial or more than a fleeting visit to any other Jedi Order. In that time she had learned of the stereotype of Mirialans as being perceived as cold and reserved by nature. A common misconception she attributed to many species' reaction to their traditional attire and outwardly reserved nature. Public displays of emotion were very subtle in their culture. Seeing the Jedi on Saridona Prime through this lens had given Suraya many moments of bewildered amusement and inner reflection as she witnessed their interactions with each other...and herself.

As she then carefully listened to the words of the just arrived Grand Master summarizing the situation for them all, she mentally filled in the gaps of what her Force intuition had missed. Then Zey spoke of the slain padawan's companion...That one is padawan Lacie, she is still on the island with Knight Dareagen and Major Taab. Zey's eyes then met hers and she instantaneously felt a wave of warm light completely still and empty her mind and a lone thought placed there of an invitation to go and assist in whatever way that she could.

If it is your wish...Master Zey...I would be willing to accompany Knights Sherland and Aroon and offer my services...and support. Pausing, she felt the packed snow under her boats and then crouched next to the lake's edge dipping her fingers into the frigid waters...how is Dareagen doing? She shook her head slightly from side to side in disbelief...It was him that we saw swim to the other shore, wasn't it?

Then standing upright while looking at Aroon she felt something akin to a flash of static flicker across her eyes twice rapidly and a slight high frequency sound within that caused her to wince momentarily...then it was gone. It made her pause and look at him again...more carefully.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Falcon the Zeltron Mitth_Fisto Tim Battershell Gotab Skywalker_T-65 Zurros Ka galactic-vagabond422

18. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

Grandmaster Zey's report was grim. However, the murder of Padawan Zoe - thankfully Tim had never even seen her, as far as he knew - confirmed that there actually was an unidentified Sith loose in the Temple. Before this, Darth Slinker had only been an assumed or inferred presence. That confirmation - dearly bought though it was - should make Knight Dareagen's task a little easier, provided he went about it sensibly.

Knight Aroon's eruption onto the scene puzzled Tim a good deal, though. His behaviour seemed a trifle overdone, even accounting for the effects of shock. As for his demanding to know if his Padawan was the victim, Tim thought that very strange; considering he had just followed his own Master's Force-signature almost to her actual location. He suspected that Master Kasha could instantly locate him anywhere within the confines of the Temple - if not a little beyond - at will; and at any time. If Aroon, purportedly a fully-trained Knight, had scanned for his Padawan's Force-signature and failed to detect it, that failure should have offered him a good-sized clue. Ah, well; there was a lot about the Force he didn't understand yet and there might be a perfectly reasonable explanation. Still, until he had a chance to consult his Master one-on-one, he'd keep Aroon in mind: with a question-mark attached to him.

Choosing a gap in the conversation, Tim turned to Zey and said;

"Grandmaster, I pledge my blade and my skills to apprehending this Darth Slinker by any means necessary.

For your and Major Taab's information, I took the liberty of listing my non-Force skills in the appropriate section of my Temple Database entry. What I didn't include was having gained quite a bit of knowledge of Agamar Security Force procedures, techniques and tactics from my best friend's father, a senior ASF Officer. ASF case histories were our 'Bedtime Stories' while we were growing up; and very interesting they were, too!

I'm very willing to train any Jedi you may wish to nominate on the Engineer/Sys-Op level of the TCC's Systems, but I would ask you do not assign me to a permanent TCC position. I'm looking to the future now, not trying to reprise the past."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Falcon, Mitth_Fisto, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka, galactic-vagabond422 The_Zeltron, Padawan4687.

19. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Kai Dareagen
    The Gardens, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"OK Tough Guy," Kai hisses at the new name that still isn’t his, "You let me know when you have something. Until then, enjoy your investigation." The Mandalorian turned around and began to walk out of the brush, "In any case, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other real soon." He says walking past the medical droid, the young knight sneers

"I don't need your help." he says under his breath. Kai looks to the padwan still sitting on the grass, she’s been through enough. The medical droid begins its work and Kai moves over to the girl. She’s staring off into space, despondent, Kai puts a hand on her shoulder,

“Miss, let me take you back to the shore, you don’t need to be here for this.” He put his other hand on hers and tries to gently get her on her feet and lead her away from the horror.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

20. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Temple Gardens

Due to the outer seriousness of the situation, Suraya suppressed a smile at padawan Battershell's gusto as he darted in front of her to address the Grand Master by sharing his qualifications. She found his guileless enthusiasm endearing. While awaiting Zey's response to her query, she turned her focus again to Aroon and noted his disheveled appearance.

Late start brother...or some reason for a hurried change of clothes? She then nonchalantly examined his hands and fingernails before letting her gaze descend to his boots, looking for any tiny drops of blood.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Falcon The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto Tim Battershell Rebecca_Daniels Gotab Skywalker_T-65 Padawan4687

21. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    Garden, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"I asked you to let my padawan in," Knight Sherland explained softly to Ian, easing his anxiety. "Zurros has skills in the fighting area. If the Sith is still in here we can use all the help we can get. We chose that particular door is because it has holo security footage, it'll allow us to closely monitor who enters and leaves the garden. The rest of the doors are locked now." Ian nodded. It made sense. Padawan Ka was surely more developed with his lightsaber technique than Ian would be. But why not make him guard the door then now that he was here?

"The Sith are trying to make us jump at shadows and paranoid about each other. The last thing we need is to be jumping to conclusions about everyone before we have a chance to figure out who it is. For all we know, it's someone who made planet side during the battle. It will only weaken us making it easier for the Sith to take us out. That's the last thing we need. Do you understand?"

Ian nodded. "Yes, of course master." He bowed now as he thought about her words. Had he been too hasty in assigning blame for all of this at "Battershell's" feet? He wasn't so sure now. Maybe he had over reacted. Listening in he heard some of Padawan Ka's conversation with "Battershell".

"Do you believe the infiltrator is still amongst us in the gardens? If it were you, would you wish to observe the aftermath first hand?" The Falleen looked at Ian in an odd manner. "Not to imply that you are the Sith, obviously."

So Ka suspected it too! His look to Ian was an attempt to communicate that and his last statement was just to throw "Battershell" off the scent! Ian winked at Ka, but wasn't sure if he caught the moment before Grandmaster Zey arrived and called them all back to the shore near where the boat had beached. He then filled them all in on what had happened.

The explanation didn't Ian feel any better, certainly not any safer. Padawan Zoe had been "cut to pieces"? If this Sith had done that to her, he could easily do it to Ian. Ian felt himself becoming sick and was looking for a nearby bush that might benefit from a good regurgitation when another Knight burst into the garden. He was, if anything right now, more excitable than Ian.

The reasoning for which quickly became clear. This was Padawan Zoe's master.Ian teared up slightly. This was how it felt then to lose a Padawan, it seemed not so different than what he had felt before, back on Coruscant when his own Master had been lost, taken by a bounty hunter, a Mandalorian like that monster Taab. Nor was it that different from his feelings when his next master, Jay'su, had died here at the Temple. He knew something of how the grief man felt, and yet he couldn't help but feel a sense of relief. At least it was Zoe's master feeling it this time, and not Ian. He kicked at the ground softly, embarrassed by the way he felt, though it didn't change his feelings at all.

Others it seemed were more compassionate. Both Knights Sherland and Archisa volunteered to help Padawan Lacie as well as Padawan Zoe's master, Knight Aroon. Knight Archisa even went so far as to ask him about his clothes. Such kindness in the face of adversity! Ian however continued to hang back. He wouldn't be much help in consoling anyone, and he didn't want to see what had happened over on the island either. He looked askance at "Battershell", as the Padawan pledged his blade and his loyalty to finding the Sith monster in their midst. Now why didn't Ian believe that at all?

TAG: @Bardan Jusik, Falcon, The_Zeltron, Mitth_Fisto, Tim Battershell, Ananta Chetan, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part I

IC: Serjon/padawan Lacie (NPCs)
    Central Island, Gardens, Temple of Light

Still in her near catatonic state Lacie had missed the goings on between Taab and Dareagen. She barely even felt it when the Jedi Knight attempted to help her to her feet. “Miss, let me take you back to the shore, you don’t need to be here for this.” She heard the words, but didn't comprehend their meaning at first. She didn't even understand that they were directed at her. After a moment of cojoling though understanding dawned on her and she stood, following the young Jedi Knight to the shore. "Goodbye Zoe," she whispered, as a single tear rolled down her face. "I'll miss you."

Before getting to work, Serjon waited patiently for the Jedi Knight and padawan to push their way back through the bushes towards the island's small rocky beach. The young female would certainly need to be examined, she was showing signs of severe shock, and it was in the droid's nature (and programming) to assist organics in need of medical attention. Normally that would be his primary task, but her emotional distress was not immediately life threatening and the work he had been ordered to do took precedence. Serjon calculated a high probability that finding the killer of padawan Zoe would go a long way in helping padawan Lacie through her emotional distress. The droid got to work.

First the droid made a detailed holo scan of the crime scene. This wasn't the primary purpose the droid had been constructed for, but the scan would serve. At the very least it could provide a baseline for any reconstruction of the crime. Satisfied that his old outdated scanners had grabbed the best images they could Serjon started on the task of performing a preliminary examination of the remains themselves.

Most of the limbs were located in the branches on the large central tree, like some kind of grotesque low hanging fruit. They had been cut away from the body and then further butchered into smaller pieces, some no more than a 10 centimeters in length. Other "sections", including the entire right leg, seemed to be almost undamaged, aside from their removal from Zoe's hip. It did not take a detailed analysis to determine that all of the cuts had been made with a lightsaber. Serjon examined these, but did not remove them from their perches. Though the droid could not ascertain what help they might be to the murder investigation in their present condition, he would wait for orders from Knight Dareagen to accomplish their removal.

On first glance Zoe's dismembered torso seemed mostly intact, the murderer had spent most of his or her time removing and then carving up her extremities. Upon closer examination though Serjon found that most of the internal organs had been removed or destroyed through a series of large gaping wounds cut into her back. That would cause a problem. With the extremities dismembered in their particular fashion and the major organs unavailable, a temperature analysis to determine time of death would prove to be impossible. Lividity too was useless given the amount of tissue damage and blood loss. Early testing showed that the cellular decay rates were coming back as...abnormal/atypical. Whoever had done this horrible crime had affected that crucial evidence either chemically (for which the droid could find no evidence) or through the Force. Given the locale and victim Serjon suspected the latter. The droid dropped his chin to his chest, Serjon's version of a frown. Determining an exact time of death would not be possible, all he could provide was a "limme stadium" figure, and it would be a rather large limmie stadium at that.

Serjon now examined Zoe's head, impaled on a large stick stuck into the ground, probably a branch that had broken off of the large tree nearby. Unlike Lacie and the other Jedi, Serjon had no emotional response to the state of the remains, but he already knew they were dealing with a being that had no respect for sentient life. Something which Serjon found alien in every way. However here Serjon found something interesting, well actually two somethings.

Given the angle and condition of the lightsaber (it was definitely a lightsaber) cut that had severed Zoe's neck, as well as those cuts on the rest of her remains. This cut was the killing blow, and had come before all the others. How intriguing, the murderer, for all his or her sadism had actually killed padawan Zoe very quickly, and fairly painlessly. It was only after her death that that the other cuts had been applied and her body desecrated.

That was interesting in itself, and of possible use to the investigating authority, but what Seron found next most certainly would be. Zoe's mouth was clearly closed down over something. Normally Serjon would have worked to remove all obstructions to a vital airway, but given that this was a postmortem examination, such was not the case. Instead he simply called out to the Jedi Knight that had escorted Lacie to the beach. "Excuse me sir, I believe I have found something of value."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Co-GM Update: Part II
    IC: General Hector Zey/Beskaryc Taab/Knight Aroon (NPC)/Knight Kurkak (NPC)/Knight Reese (NPC)

"Master Zey, may I have permission to cross? I sense the girl is still in turmoil and I have a feeling if you haven't led her away from the remains, that she is still staring at them. This is not healthy."

General Zey grimaced inwardly at Knight Sherland's question. He had indeed left padawan Lacie on the island with the medical droid and Knight Dareagen. He had assumed that the Jedi Knight still had use of her, that she might provide other information vital to his investigation. He had not considered that she might be emotionally damaged by what she had seen, or would see once the droid got to work. She was an aspiring Jedi, she should be able to handle herself in such extraordinary circumstances he told himself half heartedly. Still he almost believed it, he allowed himself to believe it. Their goal here was to discover the secret nature of the Sith infiltrator, to apprehend and destroy him so they could carry on the fight to the Sith threats outside the Temple. He had no time for hand holding a single distraught padawan.

He started to shake his head when Knight Aroon arrived, as distraught as Lacie had been if not more. so. None of the Jedi told him that he was correct in his assumptions, that it was his padawan across the lake, dead. Nor was it their place. It was the General's responsibility as head of the Order to relay that terrible news to the Jedi Knight. Zey could feel the weight on his shoulders as he spoke quietly, his voice almost a whisper to Knight Aroon. "Yes, it is Zoe. I'm afraid that your padawan has been killed." The man blinked twice at him, trying to process what the Grandmaster had told him.

"If it is your wish...Master Zey...I would be willing to accompany Knights Sherland and Aroon and offer my services...and support." Zey looked to the other side of the lake now, seeing that Dareagen had brought padawan lacie to the rocky beach there. He appeared to be done with her for now. "I believe that Knight Aroon should remain here for now. The island is still an active crime scene..." He trailed off. He left unsaid that it seemed Knight Aroon was in a highly agitated condition, seeing his padawan in her current state would not be helpful to the situation over there. Archisa wasn't finished though.

"How is Dareagen doing? It was him that we saw swim to the other shore, wasn't it?" Zey nodded. "Knight Dareagen is doing what he can to investigate and discover the identity of the Sith." He looked to padawan Battershell who had again pledged his blade to the Jedi cause as well as offered to assist in further training the TCC staff. The action brought a small smile to Zey's face, despite their current predicament. He turned back to Archisa and Sherland.

"You both may cross over and retrieve padawan Lacie. See that she is brought to the infirmary. She is in...bad shape. Everyone else needs to remain here for now, until we get a handle on what is going on." He avoided looking at Aroon, though he could feel the conflicted undercurrent sin the force emanating from him. Never had he seen the normally calm and stalwart Jedi Knight in such turmoil...

Breathing deeply Knight Aroon tried to control his emotions. The news that his padawan was dead came as no surprise to him, but to have it confirmed, in front of all these other Jedi would be emotionally taxing to anyone. Knight Aroon was no exception. He barely managed to keep his composure, glad that Zey had thus far not given him permission to cross, even if he desperately wanted to.

"Late start brother...or some reason for a hurried change of clothes?" Knight Archisa's question took his focus off of Zoe and the island for a moment. He looked down at himself. His robes were thrown together haphazardly, rumpled against his skin. His boots on, but unfastened. Running a hand through his mussed hair he attempted to straighten it, wincing slightly as a swollen finger on his right hand pressed against his skull. He brought that hand down over his face, feeling stubble there where he was normally clean shaven. He shrugged. "I was...." he paused for a moment, choking back tears. "Asleep when I was awakened by a pain I felt through the Force." He swallowed as his eyes misted over, holding back tears. "When I woke up I couldn't feel Zoe anymore..." He crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I knew something terrible had happened, and that it came from here, so I threw on my clothes and got here as fast as I could."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, The_Zeltron, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, Falcon, Gotab, Skywalker_T-65, Tim Battershell, Zurros Ka, Padawan4687

As the Jedi carried on with their own business, Taab made his way to the single unlocked entrance to the promenade level, 8-7. The hatch needed to be guarded, though he doubted that their Sith assassin would try anything to such a large group of Jedi. What he had told Tough Guy (Kai Dareagen) had been what he believed an accurate assessment. The assassin was after soft targets, one that would elicit an emotional response from the Jedi and weaken them from within. He wasn't strong enough to go toe to toe with a Jedi Master or a group of Knights. Still, the promenade and the gardens needed to be secured, and right now Taab would provide the necessary presence.

He wasn't needed long. Just a few moments after ensuring the door was unlocked but not in use Lefty (Knight Reese) and Munchies (Knight Kurkak) arrived, on orders from the TCC. Taab looked the pair over, the human with the bionic right arm and the Besalisk who always seemed hungry. They were both good warriors from what he had observed, and were excellent choices by The Negotiator (Knight Rand) for this assignment. Assuming of course they were trustworthy.

"You know your orders?" He asked them both. Technically they both outranked him, and the curled smile he got from Munchies in reply told him that they both knew it. Still the Besalisk answered for the pair. "Guard the door, no one but approved personnel in or out." His reply was professional enough, even if his facial expression wasn't. Lefty took it a step further though. "We're Jedi, Taab, we know our jobs." The Mandalorian nodded before asking them both quietly. "And where were you both last night?"

Frustration flashed in Lefty's eyes, though Munchies nodded solemnly. They both knew the reasoning for such questioning, even if Lefty was more upset by it. "I spent time in the Training Hall with my padawan, Abyo, before dismissing him and sending him to his room. Then I went to the canteen for a bite or two to eat." He smiled amicably. His appetite was well known throughout the Temple. "After that it was lights out, so I went to my room." Taab nodded, there should be multiple witnesses as well as holo recordings in those areas to corroborate his statement. Granted there were no holo camms in the Jedi's rooms themselves, but the hallways outside were well covered. Taab should be able to ascertain whether he had remained all night. "And you?" he turned to Lefty.

"I was on guard duty at the armory," he said after a long pause. "Then I went to the workshops to fix my arm." The Knight brought it up and flexed it several times. Taab noted that it no longer made whirring crunching sounds as he did so. "I finally got the damn thing fixed." He smiled a triumphant smile. "After that I talked for a bit with Knight Rand, in the Temple Hall. He said he was on his way here, to the Gardens to meditate." Taab nodded as Lefty paused again, clearly thinking about what he was saying. "It was after lights out by then, so I went back to my room and got some shut eye."

Taab listened as Lefty finished his story. The Mandalorian was satisfied, for now, that neither of these two was the Sith assassin. In any case, their alibis would be easy to confirm, and if they held up, the two could be trusted with staying on this assignment. Figuring the Jedi in the Garden would be able to handle themselves, at least for now, Taab left and strode towards the TCC.

TAG: No One.

Gotab, Ananta Chetan, Falcon and 2 others like this.
  24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Gardens, shoreline, temple of light

Kasha nodded as she turned her attention to Suraya Archisa and nodded to the boat. "Let's cross so we can bring Lacie back over, I have a feeling she may not have seen anything but discovered the condition that Zoe was in," she spoke as she walked to the boat and climbed in. She waited for Archisa to join her in the boat.

Ananta Chetan, indirectly: Bardan_Jusik, everyone else

25. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Gardens - Boat bound for the Island

From above, a lone boat appeared to glide effortlessly across the still waters, making a flawless line directly to its poised and waiting padawan passenger peering out towards them from the opposite shore. Lacie must have felt their intentions and pending arrival to retrieve her. Suraya considered sharing with Kasha her initial suspicions concerning Aroon, and to ask her perspective, but her scrutinizing observations had yielded no tangible outwards signs, save for a slightly misshapen and red finger on one hand, which she partially felt he intuitively tried to conceal from her concentrated glances by fidgeting with his hair, but nothing enough to warrant further questions.

The water had a tranquilizing affect. Her companion looked poised and ready for anything. She gave Kasha a supportive smile and finally broke the silence...How do you feel about the current state of things? What are your senses telling you?

TAG: Falcon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.