main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Headed towards the docking bay

Kasha looked at Ian with a frown as she nodded to where Lacie had rushed off too. She didn't blame the young girl for wanting to leave so quickly. They would be bringing the remains of Zoe in soon. "Come on, Ian. You need a starting point in learning to trust. Staying on my padawan's ship would be a good starting point and would do you some good. Let's get caught up to Lacie."

Kasha hurried after the young girl. She knew that Tim kept his ship well stocked but she also knew the stews were off limit. "Lacie, wait up."

Bardan_Jusik, Gotab, Padawan4687

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell
    Cafeteria, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

Tim bowed to and thanked Chef before heading into the pantry area. Despite the lack of seating, it was virtually ideal for his purposes, offering a high degree of privacy.

Once inside, he quickly found a convenient stack of cartons that had a place to prop up the Recorder / Viewer at a comfortable height and angle.

"Check my thinking, please, Gentlebeings. We don't know exactly when the crime was committed, but it would have to have been between, say, 21:30 and 06:30, when Padawan Lacie discovered both the crime scene and the deceased. That's a period of nine hours.

This unit only has a double-speed fast-playback capability, but I can set it to split-screen the two relevant data-streams so we can monitor both doorways at once. If we spot anything that looks like suspicious behaviour, we can drop the speed down to normal playback and, should we need to examine the recording more closely, go either to full-screen on each doorway or head up to the TCC and put the 'take' up on one of the large displays up there. However, we have at least a four-and-a-half-hour job ahead of us. One that's probably best broken up into shorter periods so we keep our concentration levels as high as possible. Might I suggest one-and-a-quarter-hours viewing at a time, then taking a meditation break? Even with the ability to tap into the Force to refresh ourselves, concentrating is going to be hard.

I don't know if either of you have read or heard about the infamous 'observation experiment' thought up by The Ord Sabaok University, some time ago, where students were asked to concentrate on an eight-a-side Bolo-Ball match? The students were utterly floored by the question 'What did the Gundark do?'; but had to agree, on seeing the replay, that a Gundark - actually a Faculty Member, dressed in a Gundark costume - had jumped over the barrier and run across the pitch during play! The students all missed it!"

TAG: Zurros Ka, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik

OOC: Last paragraph adapted from a real-life experiment.

Bardan_Jusik and Falcon like this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Kai Dareagen
    The Gardens, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"If I may ask, what will your next course of action be Knight Dareagen?"

A long annoyed sigh escapes Kai’s chest, now even the droids are questioning him. He closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose.

“I plan to review the security footage from,” He pauses for a moment, “Zoe entering the Gardens to her approximate time of death, though most likely to the time Lacie found her body.” A small ember began to burn in his heart, his hand shook a bit. This wasn’t a shiver from his cold clothes that still clung to him; it was a shake of anger. “And then interview everyone coming and going during that time looking for inconsistencies or at least a better picture of what is going on.” This was the same approach he took when it came to finding who planted the device in the TCC and it had yielded nothing, and allowed Zoe to be killed. He clenches his fist, what was he supposed to do, just question everyone, force them to submit to a mental scanning, he couldn’t do any of that or risk raising the tension even more.

He presses on quietly having given his explanation to droid, the glowing coal of anger still scorching his heart.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: padawan Lacie (NPC)
    en route to Hanger Bay 2, Temple of Light

"Lacie, wait up."

Lacie heard Knight Sherland calling after her and slowed down. She had been walking at a rather brisk pace, nearly running, to get out of the Med Ward before Zoe's body could be brought there, but she didn't want to be left alone either. She allowed the others to catch up. "Apologies, to you all." She nodded in turn to padawans Thrace and Tano as well as Knight Sherland. "I just didn't want to be there when...when Zoe got there." She started to choke up again. "I've never lost someone so close to be before. I don't, I don't know what to do."

TAG: Falcon, Gotab, Padawan4687

IC: Serjon (NPC)
    Morgue, Temple of Light

"That sounds like an appropriate course of action sir. I am sure you will discover the identity of the unknown subject quickly." Serjon of course had no idea if that were true or not. It wasn't in the droids nature to lie, generally an accurate diagnosis was was far more beneficial to a patient than one cobbled together from half truths. In this case though he made an exception. The Jedi was clearly disturbed by what he had seen and by the nature of his current assignment.

The rest of their journey passed in silence. Small talk was not a part of Serjon's programming. It was, actually, a wonder that he had gone as far as he had in his "treatment" of Knight Dareagen. Arriving at the morgue they were met by an analysis droid that ushered them to the back of the medical ward, where the morgue was situated. Serjon guided the general labor droids to deposit Zoe's remains on one of the cold hard tables. Once The Jedi left to go about his business Serjon would remove the body and place it in one of the four freezer units. There was no need for Dareagen to look upon her again in her current state.

"We will take good care of her Knight Dareagen, the best thing for you to do would be to find her killer and bring him to justice." The droid gestured with his arms now, ushering the Jedi on his way.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

Gotab, Tim Battershell and Falcon like this.
  5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    En-route to the hangar bay

Kasha nodded in understanding remembering the pain she felt after losing her parents to a Raider attack on Tatooine. It set her future into motion the moment they were killed. She placed a comforting hand on Lacie’s shoulder. “I don’t blame you for wanting to leave in a hurry. Just take it one day at a time and it will get easier as time goes on. Just remember the good times you had with Zoe and you can keep her alive in your heart. And she will always be with you. Talking with someone helps. Crying is okay, it’s a part of the grieving process. If you need anything, Lacie, let me know. Day or night even if just to talk,” she said as she handed Lacie her contact information. “This is my comlink codes, now my Padawan bragged about keeping his ship well stocked with self heating meals. I say let’s go raid the cupboards for something to eat and then we can talk if you want.”

Bardan_Jusik, Gotab, Padawan4687

6. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Cafeteria Pantry, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

Tim wasn't expecting any important sightings during the first section of the viewing, and so it proved. Just one Jedi, a Besalisk - the four arms and thickset build made identifying his species an easy task - helping himself to some snack items and a drink; then a whole lot of nothing up to their break-point at 22:55; not even any Cleaning Droids moving about.

Agamar Security Force had, years ago, done a lot of Statistical Analysis as to when Serious Crimes were most likely to be committed. They had found that between 02:00 and 04:00 was the favoured period; that being when Humanoid reactions and alertness were at their lowest level.

So far as Tim knew, no one - not even the Jedi on duty in the TCC - had reported detecting any 'outcry' from the victim, whereas just about all Force-sensitives in the Temple had apparently detected Padawan Lacie's reaction to discovering the remains. Working hypothesis, then, was that the victim had been taken by surprise.

Related to that, given Miss Lenea's comment that "Lightsaber wounds hurt like nothing else...", the lack of 'outcry' strongly suggested that the first blow was instantly fatal; implying that the rest of the butchery had been done post-mortem. Being told that her friend hadn't suffered, and most likely hadn't even realised what was about to happen to her, might provide Lacie with a crumb or two of comfort, scant comfort though it would be. Tim thought that his Master would be the best being to delicately raise such a sensitive topic. However, it did need saying to Lacie, along with her action in going in search of her fellow Padawan demonstrating true friendship as well as requiring a good deal of courage.

TAG: Zurros Ka, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik

7. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    OOC: Gonna be inactive for a while, my laptop has died. I'll drop GM a pm when I'm back to see if i can slot back into the game. Take care all

Bardan_Jusik Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: That sucks. Looking forward to your return. I do have something special planned for your character so there will be room for you when you get back!

Tim Battershell likes this.
  9. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace
    On the dreadful walk to the hanger bay, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"Come on, Ian. You need a starting point in learning to trust. Staying on my padawan's ship would be a good starting point and would do you some good. Let's get caught up to Lacie." Ian saw it far more likely as a good place to get killed, or worse. Still, he followed after the others anyway. "Yes Master." He didn't trust "Knight Sherland, or "Padawan Battershell", but he had decided to place his trust in the force, and so that's what he was going to do. At least Padawan Tano would be there, even if she didn't consider herself Ian's friend, he probably trusted her more than anyone right now, even more than his own Master.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Falcon, Padawan4687

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  10. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Eira Dryn
    Brig

Being sent to interrogate Sith - or watch them be interrogated, really - wouldn't have been Eira's first choice, but she did as instructed. This whole "coming to visit the Jedi" thing was just one disaster after another. Frakking Sith, always there to ruin your life when least expected.

She held no rank among the Jedi, and she'd been given the impression the other day in the council chambers that her opinions did not match those of most of the Jedi here. So Eira stood back behind the three she accompanied and ignored the Sith's jabs. These Jedi would take care of themselves in a pinch, they'd done well enough during the attack.

The Mirialan Jedi had a question, and not a bad one either. The Sith - if they were even telling the truth - claimed their mysterious Sith infiltrator couldn't disguise himself at will. That was good. If it was true.

"He has them jumping at their own shadows now, can you feel their paranoia?"

It was true. Some of the Jedi were blindly trusting one another, something Eira wasn't in a position to do, but neither was it going to help to trust no one. Maybe she couldn't sense things in the Force like trained Jedi could, but she could go with her gut; it hadn't always led her down the right path, but it was usually right about people. There were definitely some Jedi here she didn't like, but she didn't think it was because they were Sith in disguise, it was just their attitudes that rubbed her wrong.

"Do you even know who this 'Praedator' is? Who he's pretending to be?" It was a waste of their time to interrogate them if the Sith didn't know. Time and energy that would be better spent hunting Sith.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Ananta Chetan The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto

11. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Temple Brig

Like most Jedi spread across the galaxy, Suraya had seen a few of the old holo-recordings of Grand Master Yoda's teachings. For many aspirants it would undoubtedly have been mandatory viewing as part of their training at some point on the path. He was still regarded as a pillar of the Force, esteemed by both his admirers and detractors. She could not begin to fathom the tragic events of his era, nor the incredible ability to carry so much of the responsibility to ensure the continuity of the Jedi themselves on those tiny green shoulders.

So, when Harbinger conjured-up his voice in a mocking satire of their current predicament, she almost initially emitted a small giggle in shock before feeling unnerved and wincing to herself. Thankfully, Praedator did not have the dark abilities that she had most feared, which gave her a sliver of hope in their actually being able to find him before the Sith unleashed whatever it was they had in store for them next.

Then Eira spoke asking a most pertinent question,Do you even know who this 'Praedator' is? Who he's pretending to be? Suraya had observed in here limited time here that Dryn did little to conceal her aloofness from the Guardian's leadership. Her unapologetic stance left her hard to read outwardly and hinted to others to give her space. As a fellow outsider to the order Suraya could empathize partially to how she might be feeling currently. As they awaited the Sith's response she made eye contact with Dryn and silently nodded appreciatively at her question.

TAG Rebecca_Daniels Bardan_Jusik The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto

12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Medbay, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"We will take good care of her Knight Dareagen, the best thing for you to do would be to find her killer and bring him to justice." The droid ushers the young knight out of the room. His wet shoes make an awful squeaking noise as he walks along the marble halls of the Temple. With each loud step his anger at himself grows, he was impatient and obviously missed something in his interviews or in the video. Maybe Letali saw what he missed. Letali, just mentioning her name calms him a bit, reminded him that he wasn’t alone in all of this, he had someone to confide in. A creeping sense of doubt clawed into the back of his mind. Where was she when Lacie’s scream went out in the force? Kai doesn’t recall seeing her on the beach. It was entirely likely that she was there and he didn’t notice. He had rushed out of the library when he felt Lacie’s anguish he didn’t have time to check if the Mon Cal Jedi was there or not. Then again he remembers feeling alone when he awoke, could that just be an effect of the force scream?

He enters the Library heading straight to his workstation. He sees Letali right away and that puts his mind at ease, but, only for a moment, his mind begins to wonder if she was at the gardens at all. He shakes his head and grabs his datapad.

“Be right back Letali, I have to get more footage to review.” He left off asking for her assistance, his mind still unsettled by the thought of her being the infiltrator. He ran something he heard in the council chamber over in his mind it was Knight Archisa that said the hidden Sith

would be the one whom we least expect...hidden in plain sight...and the warmest and kindest Jedi amongst us.” No that couldn’t be Letali, it just couldn’t be.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: General Hector Zey/Master Piim (NPC)/Knight Aroon (NPC)
    Council Chambers, Temple of Light

The three Jedi sat cross legged on the floor in the center of the Council chamber. They were each alone with their own thoughts, though their deep breaths came in unison, their eyes closed to the world around them. Aroon had been brought here by Zey in an attempt to calm his mind, to free him from the burden of what he had been told about his padawan learner. Thus far it hadn't been easy to calm the Knight down, but Master Piim, resplendent as always in her elegant robes, had a kind and modest way about her that went far in alleviating Aroon's pain.

There would of course be questions for Knight Aroon, but this was not yet the time or place for those. The pair of Jedi masters would leave the questions about his padawan's death for the Jedi Inquisitor He would be better able to understand where any answers fell within his investigation. A sudden beeping and a slight vibration fro Zey's robes interrupted the peaceful setting of the Council Chamber. Zey removed the comm device without apology, in fact with no word at all, and looked at the device. It was a message from Knight Sherland.

//There are rumors about Aroon being investigated among the padawans, suggest we nip this in the buds as quickly as possible. It caused Zoey to be upset and to go out to the island by herself in the first place. Particularly with two, Padawans, Padawan Abyo and Padawan Takkoo. I would suggest starting with those two padawans to see if there is a reason why they were passing around rumors.//

He mulled that over, stroking his beard. The actions of the Sith were casting a long shadow over the Temple, and now even the Jedi themselves were adding to it. He messaged her back, aware of the annoyed look on Piim's face at the interruption of their meditation as she took a sip of her tea. //See to padawan Lacie's safety first, and then take charge of rooting out this behavior among the padawans.//

TAG: Falcon

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    TCC, Temple of Light

This was insanely boring Taab thought to himself as the footage continued to roll. Long bouts of nothing happening threatened to put him to sleep though his own professionalism kept him awake and alert as he watched for some sign of Lefty (Knight Reese) or Munchies (Knight Kurkak) leaving their dorm area. He had a sneaking suspicion that their alibis would actually pan out. He supposed that was a good thing, it meant the Gardens were secure. If they had lied though it would have given Tough Guy (Kai Dareagen) a better lead than the cryptic message from Momma (Kasha Sherland) to put Aroon at the top of the suspect list.

At least there was some activity on the dorm footage to keep Taab's mind active. The Mandalorian watched as the Negotiator (Elim Rand) finally returned from his late night excursion. He had been gone for over an hour. Taab glanced at the man where he stood at the main board in the center of the TCC. What could he have been doing out then for over an hour? It was an interesting question, though Taab didn't mention it. He had too much other footage to review before going off half cocked himself. If he had gone anywhere near the Garden, the security holo-cams there would pick up on it and Tough Guy would find it in his own review. For now though the Jedi seemed to be no threat.

Looking back to the footage there was a lot more of nothing until another door cracked open about a half an hour after the Negotiator had returned to his room, and the image of Slick (Knight Larod) emerged from his own quarters. Now where did he think he was going at, Taab checked the time stamp on the recording, nearly 0100 hours? That was long after lights out, and the man should have been well into his sleep cycle. He passed out of sight of the holo-cam as he left the Knight's dorm level headed to parts unknown. Taab frowned, he really wasn't sure there was much more of this he could take and there was still no sign of movement from Munchies or Lefty's dorm rooms.

TAG: No one.

Hanger Bay 2, Temple of Light

Lacie accepted Knight Sherland's comm code without comment. She seemed nice, and Lacie knew she was just trying to help, but she really didn't want to talk about any of this right now. Really all she wanted to do was curl up itno a ball and disappear for awhile. Not even the mention of a warm meal aboard padawan Battershell's vessel cheered her up. After what she had just been through, what she had been forced to see, she just wasn't hungry.

The Jedi arrived in the hanger bay, Hanger Bay 2, and Lacie's eyes grew wide at the various ships and vessels there. She suddenly realized she had no idea which one was their final destination. She looked back and gave a small smile to padawans Tano and Thrace. She didn't know them very well, but she didn't think they had been a part of last night's rumor mongering. None of this was their fault. She turned to Knight Sherland. "Which ship is your padawan's?"

TAG: Falcon (again), Gotab, Padawan4687

IC: Darth Sixtus/Darth Harbinger (NPCs)
    Stockade, Temple of Light

"Do you even know who this 'Praedator' is? Who he's pretending to be?"

There was an appreciative chuckle from the cell containing Darth Sixtus. "Oh Miss Dryn so direct, so specific." Her voice called out now to Harbinger. "I like her, so unlike these other Jedi." There was a moment of silence between the two Sith as the male of the pair thought that over before replying. "Yes, she does have...potential, doesn't she?"

"She doesn't like games though, and you know how much I like to keep myself amused." She laughed seductively now.

"A part of your charm to be sure." Harbinger replied, seemingly bored by it all. His lackluster response seemed to annoy Sixtus. "Still it's a shame that someone as insignificant as Preadator has them all riled up so. It's as if that big ship in orbit and the army amassed at their doorstep has been forgotten completely."

There was silence from Harbinger on that. "Very well. Since we are on the subject of games, let's play one anyway. We'll answer your question if you answer one of our own. Tit for tat, quid pro quo." Harbinger stayed silent, but sat up suddenly on his bedroll. His interest was clearly piqued. "It gets so boring in these cells, and your company is such a delight."

"So what say you Jedi, shall we play a game?"

TAG: Ananta Chetan, The_Zeltron, Mitth_Fisto, Rebecca_Daniels

OOC: Shall we play a game obviously ripped from the movie Wargames

IC: Knight Letali (NPC)
    Library, Temple of Light

Letali hung her head as she looked at the shelves lined with books. Something horrible had happened in the Temple Garden, but Kai..Knight Dareagen, had responded so quickly, so forcefully. She wasn't even sure if he had known that he had left her behind. Once left she had stayed. The accumulated knowledge here had to be preserved, kept safe, cared for. Kai would return soon, of that she was sure.

But the seconds became minutes and time seemed to go on even as a moment seemed to stretch out into days. Kai had been tasked with finding the Sith infiltrator, and he had recruited her help him. She had stayed up with him throughout much of the night going over file footage of the TCC going back four days before the attack and they had found nothing. Now he was gone as well.

She went back to looking at the books on the shelves before finding the one she had been looking at prior to her meeting Kai. The Clone Wars, from Geonosis to Operation: Knightfall. Once again she picked it up and after finding her chair started to leaf through it.

It was then that Kai returned, if for a brief moment, “Be right back Letali, I have to get more footage to review.” Then he darted off again. "I'll be waiting for you," she said absentmindedly, as her eyes were drawn to a seemingly pertinent passage.

"In this personal quest, Sheev Palpatine showed that he was also patient, arrogant, vastly intelligent, and an incredible actor. Despite his innate nature, he was able to play the part of a good and honest politician for decades; even the Jedi Council was taken in by his facade. As both Senator of Naboo and Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, he appeared as an unassuming, tea-drinking old man, almost grandfatherly, with elegant robes. With his cheery demeanor, trademark smile, and a reputation for being a kind and modest man from Naboo, he won the hearts of billions during the Clone Wars, promising to bring justice to a government mired in corruption and chaos. This served to hide his true motives behind a perfect disguise in order to gain acceptance for his new Empire."

OOC: Passage regarding Darth Sidious taken with little modification from the Wookiepedia article on Palpatine, personality and traits section.

Gotab, Ananta Chetan and Falcon like this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

Hangar bay 2 Temple of light

Kasha heard a beep from her wrist communicator causing her to glance down and frowned. Zey wanted her to root out the problem? That would prove to be a challenge. On the other hand she loved challenges.

//Yes master// Kasha quickly sent back as Lacie’s questioned caused her to look at the young girl. She pointed to a Mon Calamari DeepWater-class Light Freighter. “My padawan rebuilt a Mon Calamari Deepwater class light freighter,” she answered as she pointed to Life’s Illusion. “It’s called Life’s Illusion, let’s go check out his ship. I don’t know about you all, I’m getting hungry.”

Kasha grinned as she led the group to her padawan’s ship. She wanted to get Lacey settled and have Ian and Alisha stay with Lacie while she went and checked into the rumors. “Ian and Alisha, Master Zey has asked me to check into the rumors. Do you two mind staying with Lacie while I do that after we eat? If anyone enters the ship besides you three me or my padawan, they will be stunned by the ships defense. Be careful on what you touch, we don’t want any accidents,” she warned. “And if anything happens while I’m interviewing the padawans, I want you to contact me immediately. I’ll have the padawans meet me in the nearest office near the hangar bay, so I won't too far away.”

Kasha didn’t feel too comfortable being too far away from Lacie, for all she knew the young girl could be next on the list to eliminate. While Lacie was in her care, she planned to allow nothing to happen to her or the other two padawans.

Bardan_Jusik, Padawan4687, Gotab,

15. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

In contrast to the previous batch of images, this next set was a hive of activity. First up, at 23:10 by the timestamp, was a male Human wearing Knight's robes making a selection from the fruit-bowl, then exiting in the direction of the Promenade. While Tim didn't know this man's name - he'd yet to be introduced to most of the Jedi that Grandmaster Decinchi's strike team had rescued from the clutches of the Rakata - Tim believed that his usual duty-station was the TCC. In any case, there was nothing at all suspicious about a Jedi helping himself to a piece of fruit; that's what the bowl had been left out for.

At 23:10, Major Taab's noisome Strill appeared and sniffed around for about five minutes. Thankfully, it didn't appear interested in investigating anything higher than floor-level, so there was probably no danger of a health-risk to Sentients - had it jumped onto any of the work-surfaces, there might have been - just extra work for the cleaning Droids, swabbing up the trail of drool the animal tended to leave behind it. Not suspicious as regards the murder - Strills weren't known for using Lightsabers, after all; and Grandmaster Zey had said the victim had been 'Cut to pieces' not 'Torn to pieces' - but not very hygienic in what was supposed to be a food-preparation area. Then too, the fact that the Strill was apparently hunting in that area, despite not seeming to have scored this time, suggested that it had found something edible there in the past. Maybe grounds for reporting this incident to the Grandmaster, then, if only to have the kitchen checked out for traces of vermin. The Strill also headed out through the passage leading to the Promenade.

After the Mandalorian animal, the Mandalorian. Major Taab himself, entering the kitchen at 23:30. Still fully armoured, but with his helmet clipped to his belt next to a sword-hilt of unfamiliar pattern. A new trophy, perhaps? Whatever it was, it appeared to have supplanted the trophy Lightsaber that had hung there previously. Taab didn't seem interested in food or drink and only stayed a short time before leaving in the same direction as his 'pet'. Probably following the 'fragrance', Tim thought.

Had there been chiming clocks in the Temple, they'd have just finished striking Midnight when the next visitor entered the Cafeteria; this time from the Promenade. It was Knight Aroon! He also seemed uninterested in what the Cafeteria had to offer, leaving through the doorway into the passage to Hangar Bay 2 and the higher Temple levels. As with this morning, although without any ready explanation, his behaviour seemed 'off'; as if he had many things on his mind. Worth reporting to Knight Dareagen, Tim thought, if only to establish a firm Aroon sighting and ensure Knight Dareagen knew about the temporary surveillance capability. He typed the following missive into his Comlink and sent it.

//Knight Dareagen: firm sighting of Knight Aroon entering Cafeteria from Promenade/Gardens on ad-hoc surveillance recordings just on Midnight. Subject appeared distracted and/or confused as to location. Left Cafeteria via passageway to upper levels after a second or two. Surveillance activity authorised by Knight Sandstrider and inconspicuous holo-cams emplaced early last evening by Knight Larod, Miss Lenea Sandstrider and myself. Will continue to view 'take', as instructed by Grandmaster Zey this morning and will report any other anomalies to you if/when seen. Insofar as I am able to judge, Knight Aroon's behaviour this morning was not what I would have expected from a full Jedi Knight. However, that does not imply guilt, or even knowledge of, last night's events. Padawan Battershell//

TAG: Zurros Ka, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik, galactic-vagabond422.

Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  16. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace
    Hangar Bay 2, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"Which ship is your padawan's?"

The one that looks like a hunk of junk Ian nearly answered before Knight Sherland gave a more appropriate response. The ship really did look like it was in quite the state of disrepair, though from the inside that appeared to be simply a ruse. Something to set an observer's mind at ease before the ship blew you to smitherines. Just like "Battershell", an elderly and genteel Padawan, not someone that anyone would think was a Sith mastermind, and then he kills everyone while they sleep. He looked sheepishly over at Sherland. Yeah that pretty much summed up his thoughts on the matter there.

“Ian and Alisha, Master Zey has asked me to check into the rumors. Do you two mind staying with Lacie while I do that after we eat?" Ian felt his cheeks turning red. It was just going to be him and Lacie and Alisha...alone? He wasn't sure if he could handle that, not with Padawan Lacie still clearly not herself. "If anyone enters the ship besides you three me or my padawan, they will be stunned by the ships defense. Be careful on what you touch, we don’t want any accidents.” Oh yeah. I'll be careful, it's like my middle name. “And if anything happens while I’m interviewing the padawans, I want you to contact me immediately. I’ll have the padawans meet me in the nearest office near the hangar bay, so I won't too far away.” If anything happens? Like life support going out and the ship suddenly launching them into orbit under "Battershell's" orders? Ian started breathing rapidly before he calmed himself down. Trust in the Force Ian, it's brought you this far.

"Understood Master Sherland."

17. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Alisha Tano

Was...that the ship Master Sherland wanted the three of them to stay in? Alisha's eyes went wide for an instant, and just stared at the sheer state of disrepair that poor thing was in. She remembered spotting the wreck some days earlier on trips to repair her own much smaller ship, but she had never gotten as close to it as she was now.

The inside of the ship was in a far better condition than the outside, and Alisha realized the false paint job as she walked up the ramp. Well then, it definitely fooled me, Mr. Battershell! With a name like Life’s Illusion though...

“Ian and Alisha, Master Zey has asked me to check into the rumors." Master Kasha began, "Do you two mind staying with Lacie while I do that after we eat?"

Alisha shook her head no, but felt some nerves biting. She could only hope nothing went wrong, especially with poor Lacie all shaken up! Would she and Ian be enough to keep her at ease? Or would Thrace lose himself again and throw someone else out? "If anyone enters the ship besides you three, me or my padawan, they will be stunned by the ships defense. Be careful on what you touch, we don’t want any accidents,” the Master continued. With my luck, I'm bound to bump against something...Alisha thought with the beginnings of a tiny smile on her face. A chance to poke around in someone else's ship, especially one so thoroughly disguised, would be tough to resist!

“And if anything happens while I’m interviewing the padawans, I want you to contact me immediately. I’ll have the padawans meet me in the nearest office near the hangar bay, so I won't too far away.”

"I understand, Master Sherland," she added with a small bow. She'd just have to trust that the time would quietly pass in the Life's Illusion.

TAG: Gotab, Falcon, Bardan_Jusik

18. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"I'll be waiting for you," Letali calls out, a small smile blooms across Kai’s face. She couldn’t be the infiltrator, it’s impossible. As he walks down the hallways, his shoes still squeaking loudly, he put his mind at ease. With her by his side, he wouldn’t miss a thing, he’d catch this killer this time. There wouldn’t be another death inside these walls.

He didn’t want to think about what he’d do if something else were to happen. His fist shook with anger at the thought. He knows it’s wrong, a Jedi should in control of his emotions at all times. He couldn’t be like Master Sarr, he couldn’t just turn off his emotions when things got heated. That’s what made him so good as a fighter, being able to use his aggression against his opponents.

And right now he is directing that aggression towards the animal that killed and cut up Zoe. It didn’t matter if she died quickly, what they did to her afterwards was barbaric. It needed to be removed from this galaxy, all of them needed to be. A darkness began to creep in at the edges of Kai’s mind, once this being is gone, they wouldn’t need the two Sith in the dungeons. They could be eliminated without much fuss, and then the Jedi in this temple could strike with full force against the monsters remaining on this planet.

Kai took a deep breath, maybe he is going too far, letting himself be pulled to the darkside. But, maybe it is necessary, necessary to preserve the lives of these Jedi. He knew if his master was here, he would say that crossing that line was not worth it. That giving yourself to darkness, even to protect others is never worth it. It only leads to another fallen Jedi.

But, Master Sarr wasn’t here, he didn’t see what happened to a young, promising, padawan. Cut apart like some animal, head put on a stick like a trophy. It is unforgivable, he could not let it stand. Another deep breath, he needs to focus now, he needs to find this being. He could deal with his conscience afterwards.

Entering the TCC he spots Taab at the security station doing who knows what. He approaches the station, his anger rising just a little,

“You have anything for me, or am I piecing this together myself again?”

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  19. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Eira Dryn
    Brig

"I like her..."

Eira could count the number of times she'd wanted to beat someone to death on one hand, but these Sith were stretching her resolve. Jaw tight, she glared as the two Sith continued their repartee.

"... It's as if that big ship in orbit and the army amassed at their doorstep has been forgotten completely."

It was true, the ship could do more damage than a single hidden Sith, but that Sith could pick them off while they were trapped here. Escape wasn't an option for any of them, not unless they caught the Sith, found a way to get rid of the enemy ship, or, perhaps, joined the Sith. Not a pleasant or easy set of futures, and the last wasn't even an option.

"So what say you Jedi, shall we play a game?"

This was ridiculous. She wasn't even a Jedi, and she wasn't about to tell them anything. Not when they would certainly use the information against the Jedi and their allies. On the other hand, it would get them information, if the Sith would tell the truth. Unlikely, but then there was no reason the Jedi couldn't lie as well. Or just refuse the 'game' if the subject wasn't to their liking. Maybe the questions themselves would give the Jedi some clue to what they were up to. Or maybe this whole situation had her head in knots and it would just be nice to get some straight answers.

She looked to her Jedi companions, then answered when they didn't.

"Fine. Ask your question," she bit out, arms crossed.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Ananta Chetan The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    TCC, Temple of Light

Yawning against his will Taab continued to watch a feed of last night's security footage from the hallway on the Knight's dorm level. He had already progressed through nearly half of what he needed to see and so far there was nothing to disprove the statements of Lefty (Knight Reese) or Munchies (Knight Kurkak) that they had each spent the night in their own rooms. Taab was however getting a glimpse into the nightlife that went on after dark with regards to a few of the Knights. Sadly (for them) their night time activities seemed as boring as their daytime ones, though there were a few comings and goings.

Taab noted Slick (Knight Larod) returning from wherever he had gone off to. He had been gone for just under an hour and looked, out of breath and rather agitated. He kept patting at his robes as if trying to wipe something away and then looked at his hands before making a face showing his disgust. The Jedi shook his head and clearly said something to himself (there was no one else there to talk to) before finally opening his door and retreating back into his own room. There was no sound to the footage so Taab had no idea what Slick had said and the image quality was too poor to even attempt a lip reading. Taab shrugged metally. No point in worrying about it now. He kept watching...

...And saw nothing for the next two hours of recorded footage. Getting impatient he increased the speed of the playback after 15 minutes of recorded nothingness, but even that didn't seem to help though it did make the numbers on the time stamp fly by more quickly. Finally a doorway cracked open, sending a ray of light out into the darkened hallway, but it wasn't Munchies or Lefty's. It was Grumpy's (Knight Vomkoju). Taab slowed down the playback to normal speed. It was almost 0400 judging by the timestamp as Grumpy emerged from his room. He looked tired and his movements were slow, almost unsteady. He closed the door slowly behind him before headed off in the direction of the promenade.

Taab paused the playback for a moment as he looked at the pair of Jedi manning the TCC with him. Both of them had left their rooms last night. Both of them were now working in a critical area of the Temple. Taab's right hand hovered over the blaster pistol holstered at his side. Neither had done anything untoward during his time here, but that could change at a moment's notice. He went back to the security footage, hoping to finish quickly so that he could keep a better eye on the Command Center.

The footage sped along, and Taab noted the time when The Negotiator (Elim Rand) again appeared. Almost 0500, right around the time the man would head to breakfast before his shift here started. The Jedi looked as refreshed and insufferable as ever. After that there was nothing more until several doors opened at once, it was the moment when the Jedi throughout the Temple felt Tear's (padawan Lacie's) pain. Lefty and Munchie were among those bewildered looking Jedi who had opened their doors...

“You have anything for me, or am I piecing this together myself again?” Taab paused the footage and smiled behind his faceplate. Maybe Tough Guy (Kai Dareagen) should have been called Grumpy instead of Vomkoju. He shook his head slightly. In time, perhaps they would each get new nicknames. Until then there was work to do, at least he was done with his own shabla footage watching. Time for someone else to go through that torture.

He took a moment to glance at the data card he had started compiling when he entered the TCC, it was finished. "No, figured you could use the help, given how the last time worked out anyway." He couldn't resist the dig at Tough Guy as he removed the data card from it's slot and handed it to the Jedi. "This has all the holo coverage for the entrances and exits to the promenade level and the Garden from last night." Taab noted that the other two Jedi here were begining to take notice in what was going on at the security station now. "There is a lot of data there, but it covers a pretty short time span, even you should be able to wade through it." Yes, both The Negotiator and his Twi'lek friend were watching them now. He continued on gruffly. "I've cleared the two guards left at Promenade gate 8-7 to the Garden. Evidence I have points to them both Lefty and Munchies being in their own rooms all night. So you don't have to worry about them, the crime scene is secure."

Hanger bay 2, Temple of Light

Lacie was glad that neither padawans Tano or Thrace were unwilling to spend some time with her. She would have preferred if Knight Sherland stayed as well, it made her feel safer, but she knew that other matters had to be attended to as well. The rumors going around had affected Zoe, affected her so much that they had led to her death. Her eyes moistened again at the thought. She glanced over to Knight Sherland, who would be leaving them soon to deal with the trouble makers.

"Master Sherland, thank you so much..." She stopped herself from choking up now on more tears. "But please be careful. Maybe the reason Takkoo and Abyo are spreading the rumors, the lies, the fear, is that they want to. Maybe they are who the Inquisitor is looking for."

The ship opened before them as someone entered the access code and the Lacie rushed on board before Knight Sherland could answer. Despite the dilapidated appearance on the vessel's exterior, the interior seemed fairly straight forward. Lacie made her way for the crew/passenger lounge hoping to find a couch to curl up on.

TAG: Falcon, Gotab, Padawan4687

Gotab and Ananta Chetan like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Darth Sixtus/Darth Harbinger (NPCs)
    Stockade, Temple of Light
    Sixtus waited eagerly as the Jedi arrayed outside her cell thought about her proposal, her question, her game. She looked expectantly at Archisa, the Knight had taken the lead lately, and had been vocal during her own questioning before the Council. Thus she was surprised when it was Dryn who finally answered instead.

"Fine. Ask your question,"

Sixtus sat back and blinked twice in surprise. She had expected Archisa to answer. Unseen in his own cell, and unknown to Sixtus, Harbinger slowly, almost imperceptibly, shook his head. Sixtus though, continued on. "You all have so much pain. Don't deny it, everyone has something they have lost." Harbinger closed his eyes as Sixtus spoke. "Tell me Jedi, what is your greatest loss?" Now Harbinger's eyes flew open and he leaned forward, a feral, hungry look on his face as he awaited an answer.

TAG: Ananta Chetan, The_Zeltron, Mitth_Fisto, Rebecca_Daniels

IC: COO-33K (Cookie) Cooking droid (NPC)
    Dining Facility, Temple of Light

It had taken longer than calculated but Cookie had finally cleaned up the kitchen in preparation for converting the leftover Nuna eggs he had prepared for breakfast into Nuna egg salad sandwiches which would be set out for the Jedi's lunch. His calculations were off by several minutes, the result of the intrusion by the trio of Jedi now occupying his pantry. Now, further delay was inevitable as Cookie had to enter that same said pantry to collect a few ingredients for lunch.

The droid approached the doorway, his auditory receptors set to maximum, but he heard nothing that could be discerned. Reaching out with his "grasping hand" he opened the door quickly. The droid didn't bother to knock, this was his pantry in his kitchen after all. "I need to collect some things," he said before pushing inside and gathering a few spices along with slinging several bags of onions over his back. "Are you going to be here much longer? I have work to do."

TAG: Tim Battershell, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Life's Illusion Hangar bay 2

"Master Sherland, thank you so much..." She stopped herself from choking up now on more tears. "But please be careful. Maybe the reason Takkoo and Abyo are spreading the rumors, the lies, the fear, is that they want to. Maybe they are who the Inquisitor is looking for."

"That's crossed my mind, Lacie," Kasha answered as she punched in the codes to Tim's ship. "I promise to be careful," just as the ship opened Lacie rushed in and straight to the crew and passenger lounge. Looks were really deceiving, on the outside the ship looked like it was beyond the junk yard and beyond salvage and yet the inside looked nice and well take care off. She headed off to the kitchen and shifted through the cupboards for the meals her padawan bragged about. She took out four meals but was unsure if she could get Lacie to eat or not at this point. If she had it out, Lacie may change her mind after her body and mind had a chance to reset itself.

She rooted through the cupboards for utensils. Carried the utensils and the meals to the table and set them down. She walked back into the kitchen and grabbed something to drink filling up a pitcher with water with ice and grabbed four glasses. She walked back to the table and placed them down. She hit her comlink planning to meet with the padawans in an hour. That should give her time to get Lacie to either eat or sleep or so she hoped. The padawan was super stressed out about what she witnessed with Zoey.

Kasha pulled out her comlink contacting the TCC. "This is Knight Sherland, I need two padawans tracked down and have them meet me in the pilot's ready room by Hangar Bay two in one hour from now. Padawan Takkoo and Padawan Abyo."

She turned her attention to the padawans that were in her care. "Ian, Alicia, Lacie, these are self heating meals. Did you want to eat?" She knew she needed food because her stomach was growling.

Padawan4687, Gotab, Bardan_Jusik,

23. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Temple Brig

"Tell me Jedi, what is your greatest loss?"

Sixtus' words brought a barely audible hmmph to Suraya's lips before she briefly addressed the dark woman....Yesterday...you stood before us as a messenger of love...on a crusade...and now look at you...reverting to this....parasitically attempting to fill your little bowl with the painful energy of others. Then Suraya through a slight nod of her head and her body language silently indicated to Eira that she needn't feel obligated to reveal anything to them, unless she wished to, no matter what they might share in exchange.

TAG Rebecca_Daniels Bardan_Jusik The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto

24. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

At about this time in a fictional investigation, Tim mused, the amateur investigator hero would probably come out with the maxim "When you know how, you know who"; possibly followed up with "When you know who, getting to know why is usually only a matter of time".

The problem was that this was real life, not fiction, and the how was pretty obvious. Adding to the complexity was that virtually everyone in the Temple had one or two examples of the probable how attached to their belts! No help there!

Nor could starting from the why be of over-much help. There were just too many possibilities, ranging from the common Jedi epitaph of 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time' onwards. Although 'balance of probabilities' suggested that Darth Slinker was responsible, the reported damage done to the victim could also - at least in a non-Jedi society - indicate a sexual motive, especially one founded on jealousy. If, of course, Jedi were prey to that particular fault.

Back to work on the next segment. This was another showing a whole lot of nothing until a Mon Calamari arrived at around 01:20, quickly fixed, and ate, something then left after washing his/her hands. The only anomalous point was that the Mon Cal's robes looked to be clinging to the wearer's body in places - something that could easily be explained by him/her having recently been immersed in water; something of a regular requirement for an aquatic species, or so Tim understood.

The segment had just ended when Chef made an appearance in the doorway, saying; "I need to collect some things.... Are you going to be here much longer? I have work to do.".

"Regrettably, the answer is 'Yes', Chef; we are slightly less than halfway through the recordings but are now coming into the period of maximum interest. We will be as quick as we can.".

TAG: Zurros Ka, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik.

OOC: The 'maxim' is often quoted by Dorothy L Sayer's aristocratic sleuth, Lord Peter Wimsey.

25. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace
    On "Battershell's" ship, Hangar Bay 2, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Lacie may have scampered onto the Life's Illuision as fast as she could, but when Ian stepped aboard, he did so far more gingerly. He remembered "Battershell" bragging about it's impressive defensive systems. If the ship had accidentally (or maybe not so accidentally) identified him as an intruder he wanted to see it coming and have a chance at trying to get away. He stopped just inside the main entryway and waited.

"Whew," he sighed loudly. He was still alive, he patted himself, and in one piece. It seemed this ship wasn't trying to kill him. This time anyway. He followed after Knight Sherland wondering where Padawan Lacie could have run off to. It looked like a lounge of some sort. Meanwhile, Knight Sherland was gathering together utensils and a few self heating meals for them. Ian recognized the type, he had stolen and lived off of them often enough. Some were OK while other's were nearly not so OK.

"Ian, Alicia, Lacie, these are self heating meals. Did you want to eat?"

On this ship? No way! Ian wanted to shout. He was more likely to be poisoned than anything else, whether served by "Sherland" or "Battershell". Calm yourself Ian, he thought. You aren't dead yet, "Battershell" or his master, or his ship, could have easily dispatched you by now. They had no reason to poison him...

Unless of course they did. No, he shook his head. Trust in the Force, trust it. He calmed down. He wasn't really all that hungry but still he managed to say. "Yes Master Sherland, that sounds...delicious."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.