main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Shadow War - Times End - Two new factions opened up! - Legacy: War spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    IC: Zurros Ka
    Cafeteria Pantry, Temple of Light - Saridona Prime.

Zurros was staring intently at the holo-recording, there had been little of interest for several hours. There had been several instances that Zurros had though suspicious. Making a mental note of them for later investigation. At that point Chef appeared in the doorway: "I need to collect some things.... Are you going to be here much longer? I have work to do.". Battershell was on the ball: "Regrettably, the answer is 'Yes', Chef; we are slightly less than halfway through the recordings but are now coming into the period of maximum interest. We will be as quick as we can.".

'So far I have seen a few things that peaked my interest, hopefully by the end there will not be many more'

TAG Tim Battershell Skywalker_T-65 Bardan_Jusik

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Kai Dareagen
    TCC, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"No, figured you could use the help, given how the last time worked out anyway." Kai growls, he did not have time for Taab’s attitude, and was that Mandalorian smiling behind his helmet? "This has all the holo coverage for the entrances and exits to the promenade level and the Garden from last night." Knights Rand and Vomkoju begin to take notice of the conversation. Kai throws a hard glare in their direction, they hadn’t been cleared of suspicion yet. "There is a lot of data there, but it covers a pretty short time span, even you should be able to wade through it." Kai sets his jaw and clenches his fist. He really didn’t have time for this mercenary’s sithspit. "I've cleared the two guards left at Promenade gate 8-7 to the Garden. Evidence I have points to them both Lefty and Munchies being in their own rooms all night. So you don't have to worry about them, the crime scene is secure."

“Thank you Sithspawn” the young knight replies, if Taab can make up names for them, Kai can make up one for him. He’ll admit it was a disproportional response, Taab’s names were needles in the ribs, the name Kai chose was a lightsaber to the face. The knight would make no apology, he would not step down from his words. He takes the data disk and returns to the Library, giving another cold glare to the two Knights. As he crosses the threshold of the Library a weight lifts off his shoulders. He was beginning to feel somewhat at peace in its quiet stacks. He is usually never one to sit still but, there is something calming about this room, or maybe it was Letali. The Mon Cal has been nothing but helpful, and his mind still remembers her kind words and kind hand after his first visit to the TCC. It dredged up all the bitter and painful memories of the last war, the war that killed many friends and, she pulled him out of it.

He began to view the footage after looking over the two messages sent by Knight Sherdland and her Padawan Tim Battershell. Kai pinches the bridge of his nose, how lovely of the Padawan to inform him that he had set up additional surveillance, without telling him. Did anyone take his investigation seriously? Both messages pointed him towards Knight Aroon. Another sigh escapes his mouth, he had looked at Aroon, and had found nothing, other than circumstantial evidence. Recalling what he saw of Aroon after the incident, he seemed distraught.

Kai notes Aroon entering soon after Zoe, the start of the window in which she was killed, he seems worried, unsure, showing far more emotion than Kai had ever seen in the very reserved Knight. Next is Knight Rand, looking very calm, very serene, the picture of a Jedi Knight. A strange animal Kai doesn’t recognize enters next, following Rand. A few minutes later Taab is seen walking though the promenade, a few minutes after that the investigator sees the Mandalorian leaving with the creature.

It’s a little while later when Kai sees Aroon leave right around midnight. Heading towards the kitchens, it lines up with what Tim had sent. Knight Rand leaves about twenty minutes later. Zoe is alone or already dead for ten minutes before Kai sees something he doesn’t want to, Knight Letali heading towards the Gardens. She’s looking over her shoulder, was she looking for someone or, making sure no one saw her? Kai’s heart is pounding in his ears. He slows the footage down letting it run at normal speed, no one enters for a half an hour, and for each second that the young knight watches, his heart beats louder. She had half an hour alone with Zoe, half an hour to kill her and cut her to pieces.

Kai couldn’t believe it, he doesn’t want to believe it, Letali couldn’t be the killer.

There has to be an explanation for this,’ he thinks, as Knight Larod enters looking deep in thought. Fifteen minutes later Letali leaves, her cloak seems damp and she is no longer looking over her shoulder. Kai suddenly feels hollow. He gives a look to her sitting at her desk, still reading. He must have been so riled up by Taab’s ribbing that he just dove right in to the footage, without thought of looping her in. He shallows hard, a knot growing in his stomach, ‘There has to be an explanation’ he thinks again, ‘but what if there wasn’t,’ his mind counters, ‘she was alone with Zoe for half an hour, no one to confirm her story, no one to back up what she says’ Kai runs a nervous hand though his brown hair. After another deep breath he calls out,

“Letali," He calls out in a cracking voice, "could I speak to you for a moment?” He shuts down his data-pad so as not to show her what he's seen, not yet.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Letali (NPC)
    TCC/Temple Library, Temple of Light

TCC

Taab laughed at the moniker given him by Tough Guy (Kai Dareagen). He would have to do a lot better than that if he wanted to get under the Mandalorian's skin. He'd served with the Mandalorian Protectors up until the Battle of Botajef. The things he had been called, and called others in turn, would be enough to make a Hutt blush. The Jedi retreated from the TCC and Taab turned to see the bemused expression on the Negotiator's (Elim Rand's) face. "He is under a lot of stress Major, we all are..."

Taab was about to respond when another message came through to the TCC from Momma (Kasha Sherland). "This is Knight Sherland, I need two padawans tracked down and have them meet me in the pilot's ready room by Hangar Bay two in one hour from now. Padawan Takkoo and Padawan Abyo." The Negotiator arched an eyebrow at that while Grumpy (Knight Vomkoju) said flatly to the others, "Pilots ready room? Haven't all departures been suspended for now?" Taab nodded in reply though the Negotiator went a bit further. "She must have some need of the pair for reasons other than flying lessons." Taab grunted. "Major, if you would be so kind as to wrangle up the padawans and deliver them to Ready Room 2. Unless your business here is not yet concluded."

Taab nodded again. He had done as much as he could in confirming that Lefty (Knight Reese) and Munchies (Knight Kurkak) were not the Sith assassin, or at the very least it looked as if they had been in their rooms all night and couldn't have been Easy Picking's (padawan Zoe's) killer. These two could still be suspects, they had both left their rooms late last night, but there was nothing that could be done about that now. Putting the security station back on standby he strode down the short steps to the main tier of the TCC before heading out into the corridor, comming Momma on his buy'ce's comm system as he went.

Library

Letali looked up from her book as Knight Dareagen came back to the Library. That hadn't taken very long she thought to herslef as she started to stand, expecting to be called over by him to assist once more. That didn't happen though, in fact he barely looked her way before sitting down on the far side of the room. Something was bothering him, and the Mon Cal Knight sat back down not wanting to disturb him right now. It seemed he had a lot on his mind that he needed to sort through.

Instead she went back to her book, still fascinated by what she was reading. Even in the midst of everything going on around him, Darth Sidious never stopped looking on ways to improve his plans. There never seemed to be an option he didn't consider, and even in the midst of the fall of the Republic one of his greatest concerns was finding the most powerful apprentice he could, even though it meant betraying those to whom he had entrusted with his overall scheme.

“Letali," Kai's voice cracked, he seemed so tense. "Could I speak to you for a moment?" The Mon Cal stood and smiled, closing her book and leaving it at her desk. "Of course Kai," she responded her eyes opened wide in compassion as she went to him. "Is there something wrong?"

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

IC: padawan Lacie (NPC)
    Aboard Life's Illusion, Hanger Bay 2, Temple of Light

Lacie had found the biggest, comfiest looking chair in the ship's crew lounge and had immediately claimed it as her own. She drew her feet up underneath her and sat on her legs, her amrs wrapped around herself. She still wanted to be alone, but safe, protected by others. She didn't know how to solve the dilemma of having both, so she picked a chair she could curl up in, but no one could share with her.

"Ian, Alicia, Lacie, these are self heating meals. Did you want to eat?"

Lacie frowned. She still wasn't at all hungry, but Knight Sherland was intent on seeing her eat something. She didn't want to be rude to her protector, but at the same time she just wanted to be left alone. Luckily for her padawan Thrace responded first.

"Yes Master Sherland, that sounds...delicious."

Lacie found herself smiling despite her feelings. He was so clearly lying that it was almost laughable. It was comforting to know too that she wasn't alone in not being hungry. Maybe Ian wasn't so bad after all. Yeah, he seemed nervous all the time, and not all that capable, but he seemed an all right sort. She gave him a little wink, one that was hopefully missed by the Jedi Knight offering to feed them.

"Yes, what Ian said," she giggled slightly before stopping herself. For a moment she had allowed herself to forget that her best friend was dead, for a moment she had allowed herself to see beyond her own immediate pain. Just for a moment.

She didn't think Knight Sherland noticed though, because at that moment a verbal message came through the Knight's comm link from Major Taab. "Roger that. I'll round them up and keep them there until you arrive."

TAG: Falcon, Gotab, Padawan4687

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Darth Sixtus/Darth Harbinger (NPCs)
    Stockade, Temple of Light

Sixtus was taken aback by Archisa's response, though Harbinger let out a short, nasty sounding laugh. "I knew they wouldn't like your game Sixtus," he said keeping a wary eye on Knight Trevalus. Sixtus, clearly annoyed was not deterred though. "Perhaps they have not yet been properly... motivated." Harbinger leaned back, pulling a resting his foot on the bench he was on while placing a hand on his knee. "They did ask first, if you want to play a game you should at least follow your own rules." That elicited a laugh from the female Sith.

"Why Harbinger, you have never been a stickler for the rules."

Harbinger gave that short nasty snort again before thoughtfully adding. "Perhaps my incarceration has made me more amenable to a rule or two."

"Yes, that would explain a lot," she smiled appreciatively though Harbinger couldn't see her. "Still I suppose you're right. They did ask their question first, and to answer that my dear Miss Dryn, is simple. No, we don't know what Praedator's cover is. All we know is that he infiltraited your group before our arrival here." She gave the Arkanian offshoot a quick wink before continuing on.

"Now, my friend Archisa. I know you have recently suffered a great loss. Tell me about your former padawan. You know, the one that Zelus and Veneficus killed while we watched."

TAG: Ananta Chetan, The_Zeltron, Mitth_Fisto, Rebecca_Daniels

IC: COO-33K (Cookie) Cooking droid (NPC)
    Dining Facility, Temple of Light

"Regrettably, the answer is 'Yes', Chef; we are slightly less than halfway through the recordings but are now coming into the period of maximum interest. We will be as quick as we can."

Cookie glared at them through his photo-receptors. "Well hurry it up, this is a kitchen not a private investigators office!" He retreated back through the open pantry door, closing it behind him as he heard the Falleen padawan opine.

"So far I have seen a few things that peaked my interest, hopefully by the end there will not be many more."

"Hopefully you all will be out of my pantry," he said loudly and rudely wondering if he shouldn't lodge some sort of formal protest regarding the hijacking of his kitchen.

TAG: Tim Battershell, Skywalker_T-65, Zurros Ka

Gotab, Mitth_Fisto, Falcon and 3 others like this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Library, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"Of course Kai,” The knight smiles weakly, he feels uncomfortable, "Is there something wrong?" Kai is silent for a while. He has no idea what to do with his hands, he tries interlacing his fingers but, finds himself bending them backward to crack his knuckles. He tries resting his left elbow on his desk and putting his chin in the crux of his thumb. His arm starts going numb, causing him to stop. He finally gives up and just puts his hands in his lap. He still has no idea on how to approach this, should he be aggressive, shock her into revealing the truth or should he be friendly and dance around the subject, never giving a straight forward question. There’s a worry that dominates his mind, could he trust anything she says. She must know that there’s some trust between them, she could use that against him. But if he goes too far and she is innocent he’s just burnt a bridge for no reason. The silence drags on and on, and Kai can’t make up his mind, what should he do?

“Letali,” he starts looking at the ground clenching his right fist, “What were you doing at the Gardens this morning, around 0030 hours,” he nervously rubs his right shoulder, his stomach again crawling up his throat. “I ask because you were looking over your shoulder, were you making sure no one saw you? You were alone with Zoe for half an hour, what were you doing? When you left your cloak looked damp, did you cross over to the island? Did you see Zoe alive?” His mind fills with more questions, until he asks the one he shouldn’t, “Are you the Infiltrator?” his heart pains him, if he’s wrong he’s just accused his…Friend, of being a murderer and if he’s right, she’s been hiding right next to him this whole time and he couldn’t see it. “Tell me please.” His words come out choked.

6. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    IC: Zurros Ka

The pantry door closed behind chef droid and Zurros heard: "Hopefully you all will be out of my pantry," An unpleasant thought occurred to him. Turning to Battershell, Zurros asked: 'How easy is it to coerce a droid to do your bidding and then wipe its memory?'

TAG Bardan_Jusik Tim Battershell Skywalker_T-65

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Kasha Sherland
    Hangar Bay 2 aboard Life's Illusion, Temple of Light

Kasha sighed as she listened to Ian's response. He lied about it sounding delicious. She wondered if he forgot that she had two children and learned to read between the lines especially with her oldest daughter. At times self heating meals didn't taste too good and she grabbed the four she knew that tasted at least decent. On the other hand, he seemed really nervous. She read the instructions as she heard a small giggle escape from Lacie causing her to smile a bit as she responded that she agreed with what Ian said. She pretended not to hear the giggle as her comlink went off.

"Roger that. I'll round them up and keep them there until you arrive."

Kasha hit the comlink and answered. "Appreciate it Major Taab. I need them for questioning but please don't let them know why I need to talk to them. I would like to let them know myself."

She killed the comlink before she activated the self heating button on the side of each of them. She turned her attention to Ian as she handed him his unopened. He was edgy enough as is and she needed him to learn to trust her that she would not harm him or anyone on this ship. She could sense how uneasy he was being here with her. "Ian, here you go. I grabbed the four best ones out of the cupboard. On missions you learn which ones taste good vs the ones that don't taste good."

Kasha turned herself to Lacie with a smile. "You'll feel better once you eat something. After you eat, I want you to try and get some rest. It'll allow your body to reset properly," She explained as she indicated the spot at the table where her meal was sitting. "If you don't eat something, you will become very sick from the stress and you'll be worse off then you are now."

Gotab, Bardan_Jusik, Padawan4687,

8. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tim Battershell

"Well hurry it up, this is a kitchen not a private investigators office!"; Chef grumped.

"We're working through the recordings as fast as we can, Chef, while maintaining accuracy. As I said, we'll be as quick as we can. Actually, I don't recall you saying anything about a time limit when you suggested we set up in here and it's not like we're having a party or anything!"; Tim replied.

"So far I have seen a few things that peaked my interest, hopefully by the end there will not be many more."; Zurros Ka remarked.

"Nothing I'd call conclusive proof has jumped out and hit me in the eye yet, Zurros, nor anything I'd think of as overly suspicious behaviour. We'll have to look at the rest of the recordings, but sometimes a perpetrator's thought processes defy logic!"

"Hopefully you all will be out of my pantry," came Chef's parting shot, only slightly muffled by the closed pantry door.

Turning to Tim, Zurros said; "How easy is it to coerce a droid to do your bidding and then wipe its memory?"

"Depends on the type of droid, and how far outside it's normal programmed range you want it to go. Back when I was a student at Agamar University, one or two of my fellows got hold of a Lecturer's Translator and 'tweaked' it so that about every third word it said was an expletive! Rather pepped-up some otherwise very dull classes! But if you're asking about someone reprogramming Chef as an assassin, I'm not sure that'd work. Mind you, I'm not familiar with his particular model."

TAG: Zurros Ka, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik.

9. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Alisha Tano
    Location: Hangar Bay 2 aboard the Life's Illusion, Temple of Light.

Self-heating meals? Ick... Alisha screwed up her nose slightly at the thought. She'd almost prefer those re-created eggs back in the cafeteria! Then again, she wasn't too sure if she'd be able to eat very much either, judging from both Lacie and Mr. Thrace's thinly-veiled responses! Thank goodness, she wasn't the only one who wasn't a fan of the taste.

Lacie did let out a tiny giggle though! It was cut off, as though she was trying to hide it. Alisha leaned over to the other Padawans with a small smile and whispered, "Maybe if you eat them quickly or shut your eyes, you'll forget the taste?"

Listening to Master Kasha insist on food and rest to the grieving Padawan hit...a little too close to home for Alisha, and she visibly averted her eyes from the Master. The threat of falling sick from stress was all too real, especially without eating. She briefly thought of her own arrival at the Temple two years before, and remembered being shaken up to the point of being unable to eat. Hey! This isn't about you, quit thinking about it! she mentally scolded, quickly pulling herself back. There was no way she had noticed, her attention was rightfully on Lacie! It seemed like she had wanted to be left alone more than anything, and if Ian's experience had been any indication, she wasn't very keen on getting too close to anybody else in grieving.

TAG: Gotab, Bardan_Jusik, Falcon

10. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Temple Stockade

"Now, my friend Archisa. I know you have recently suffered a great loss. Tell me about your former padawan. You know, the one that Zelus and Veneficus killed while we watched."

Well, Suraya had asked for it. Holding Sixtus accountable before everyone, Harbinger and her fellow Jedi, she knew would illicit some form of retaliation, and Sixtus' question had teeth. Suraya felt her heart quiver and the Force energy in her fingertips begin to vibrate involuntary, that was until she took a long, cool, deep breath to regain her composure and then decided to surprise her by giving her exactly what she wanted...the truth.

In many ways, he was my mirror, my conscience. His purity of heart and sincerity were even disarming to others...and his presence regularly revealed to me my own shortcomings. Like a well chosen counterpart, his strengths anchored the impatience and impulsiveness I often felt churning inside and his faithfulness and unshakeable loyalty to me would at times make me feel...well...afraid. Afraid that I would not be able to be the role model that he needed...that I would one day fail him somehow. He was my brother...and I loved him dearly.

Without pause she immediately changed direction...Imagine for a moment that you and your fellow Sith accomplish all that you have set out to do by coming here...now try to visualize your place in that scheme...say in one, two or three years time....what do you see? Upon finishing, she looked Sixtus directly in the eyes, unblinkingly, as intensely as she could bear, attempting to penetrate to that part of her that might still feel any remnant of anything other than darkness.

TAG Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto

11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

The next segment - 01:25 to 02:40 - was a complete blank as far as activity was concerned, so Tim decided to plough straight on. He wasn't feeling tired and there was no percentage in getting Chef's circuits in a commotion. Not when Sweetener could be 'accidentally' replaced with Salt, or a laxative concoction be included in the recipe, and blamed on a glitch!

In the old days, though, he would probably have been thinking of converting Chef into a Lightsaber-sparring Droid. The six arms currently in place would equal the abilities of that long-ago Jedi who'd been mentioned in 'The Jedi Path' and had elicited the comment "I shudder to think of facing that many Sabers at once" from no less a Jedi, according to the appended name, than Obi-Wan Kenobi himself!

However, Tim had now embraced the Way of the Jedi and could well imagine his Master - or the Grandmaster - saying; "Tinkering opportunities; a Jedi craves them not!". Besides, he was much older now and hopefully more mature. That said, Zurros Ka's suggestion that a Droid could have done the deed gave Tim the perfect opportunity of correcting Chef's arrogance and rudeness via the humiliation of a restraining bolt. Two words that probably only needed to be mentioned to shut the Droid up! After all, Chef could hardly argue that he had no knowledge of butchery, could he?

The 02:40 to 03:55 segment also proved to be highly disappointing. At least as far as Sith-spotting was concerned. The only noteworthy event being Grandmaster Zey visiting the kitchen at 03:45 and assembling, then starting to consume, a very large breakfast. Such a large meal that, had the Grandmaster taken it away with him instead of 'eating-in', Tim would have been sorely tempted to put him on the Suspect List as a possible accomplice!

TAG: Zurros Ka, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik (indirectly Falcon).

Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  12. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace
    On "Battershell's" ship, Hangar Bay 2, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Ian saw Lacie wink at him and gave her one back in return. He almost started making a gagging sound at the thought of the self heaters, but thought better of it. Winking and laughing behind Knight Sherland's back was one thing, openly mocking the choice of meal was another. Besides, he still wasn't entirely sure that she wasn't trying to poison him. Given how most self heaters tasted, he probably wouldn't know until he was already dead or dying.

Their Jedi chaperon received some sort of comm message, from that thug Taab by the sound of it. She responded to it before heating one of the meals and handing it to him, still sealed. He shrugged to himself. If it was sealed, then she couldn't very well have poisoned it could she? Unless she knew this particular one was poisoned to begin with....

He looked it over carefully. It was Cheese Pasta, one of the few strictly vegetarian self heating meals. That would make it easy to ID if it had come "pre-poisoned" aboard "Battershell's" ship. It was however, one of the few SHMs (Self Heating Meals) that was actually quite palatable. "Trust the Force Ian," he whispered to himself before tearing the package open. It did smell...well not too bad.

Knight Sherland kept trying to get Lacie to eat. Ian didn't want to tell her that the best way was to give his fellow Padawan something edible. He found himself giggling now too. Padawan Tano leaned in closer, "Maybe if you eat them quickly or shut your eyes, you'll forget the taste?"

"I've tried that before, it helps, but not much," Now he laughed out loud for a second before he stopped. He couldn't remember the last time that he felt comfortable enough to really do that. Maybe Knight Sherland was right, maybe a meal with each other, with his fellow Padawans, really was what they all needed. He smiled at her now. Maybe she really wasn't that bad.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Falcon, Padawan4687

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Temple Stockade.

Until now he had remained the passive observer. So what if they began a game with the prisoners for information? Letting oneself flow with the metric rhythms of those being questioned was learning how to lead by following with a gentle guiding touch. Tap the rudder, do not grip, and let the current guide you down the rivers path to where you want to go, instead of holding true and having to carry the heavy boat whenever the river went a direction you did not like to trek across hard ground to where it once more resumed the course you wanted. It was a good method to merely follow the river through its tangents, after all with the Force as their guide surely something would guide them all to the right landing.

The sharing of a scar by the Suraya, was unexpected, but a tangent he had no trouble letting her follow. The muted death of his own first Master flowed by in the rippling and reflecting surface of this river, but still it surely must lead onward to what they seek.

Then she asked her question, of the future. A soft but heavy trembling buzz of a sigh left his trunk at this. It would serve to make or divide the sith if they both answered, or even merely the male, but if only female did for whom Suraya was staring her daggers then little would change of the dynamic here. And precious little that he could truly use either. Still he would wait, perhaps the river may yet bend and he had not missed a passing tributary in the dense confusion of the shore line.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Ananta Chetan, @Rebecca_Daniels @The_Zeltron

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"You'll feel better once you eat something. After you eat, I want you to try and get some rest. It'll allow your body to reset properly," Knight Sherland seemed very sure of herself as she indicated the spot at the table where a meal was sitting. "If you don't eat something, you will become very sick from the stress and you'll be worse off then you are now."

Lacie nodded to the Knight as she took her spot and started picking at her meal. It really didn't seem appetizing at all, even if she had been hungry. Still she did her best to at least try to follow the Jedi Knight's instructions. She did manage a smile of her own as she caught padawan Thrace winking back at her. He seemed nice, though he seemed to like to talk to himself an awful lot.

"Maybe if you eat them quickly or shut your eyes, you'll forget the taste?" Lacie looked at her own meal suspiciously, she didn't see how that could possibly help, but by this point she was willing to try anything. Besides padawan Tano had come up with a better idea than she had so far. "I've tried that before, it helps, but not much," Ian responded, laughing. Lacie found that she liked the sound of his laughter and joined in.

Their laughter was interrupted by the sound of Knight Sherland's comm link going off again. It was Major Taab, and suddenly the laughter stopped.

IC: Beskaryc Taab/padawan Takkoo (NPC)/padawan Abyo (NPC)
    Padawan's dorm level, Temple of Light

Taab stalked the hallways of the Temple of Light, his senses heightened. He was a being who was quite used to "tracking down" Jedi and their padawan learners, though this case was considerably more low key than those during the war had been. There was a far less likelihood that this "hunt" would end in bloodshed and violence as well. He wasn't bringing in a pair of Jedi Knights to the One Sith, instead he was on the lookout for a lowly pair of padawans for another Jedi. He didn't know why Momma (Kasha Sherland) wanted the pair found, it was enough to know that she did.

Detaining the two wasn't the reason for his current state of readiness though. There was a Sith on the loose somewhere within the Temple, and though Taab doubted that he would be the assassin's next target, he hadn't stayed alive this long by being complacent. Especially when spoonbenders were involved.

He could afford to be more on guard as well, finding Aquisition Tango and Acquisition Alfa (padawans Takkoo and Abyo) shouldn't be hard, according to the records accessed through his buy'ce (helmet), the pair were roommates. Given current conditions, and the fact that Acquisition Alfa was listed as Munchie's (Knight Kurkak's) padawan, he figured the two padawans would be in their room.

padawan Takkoo and Abyo's room

Sitting on the floor with his legs crossed padawan Tyro Abyo looked up at his Rodian roomate who lay back casually in his hammock hanging in the corner of the room. "I'm telling you, it has to be Aroon," the Rodian was saying to the human on the floor.

"That don't make no sense," Abyo replied. "Why kill his own padawan? That's a quick way to make yourself the prime suspect ain't it?"

Takkoo rolled over in his hammock, looking at Abyo. "I don't know! Maybe she found out he was the Sith and he killed her before she could tell anyone."

Abyo chewed on his lower lip for a moment. "Reckon so, still don't seem right though..."

Takkoo sat up in his hammock now, using a very slight force push to keep himself from falling over as he started to lose his balance. "Hey last night you were sure it was him, what changed?"

Abyo rolled his eyes now. "Zoe gettin' killed."

"It's too bad, she was really good looking, for a human."

"Shut up." Now Abyo looked at Takkoo with disbelief.

"Oh c'mon, don't tell me..."

There was a hard, abrupt knock at the door and Abyo jumped off the floor to open it. The T-Visored visage that "greeted" him made his blood run cold.

Taab looked down at the padawan, checking his ID against images stored in his bucket's onboard computer system. As expected, Acqusition Alfa. "Padawan Tyro Abyo," it was a statement, not a question.

"You and padawan Nikoob Takkoo," the Rodian hopped down out of the hammock, a concerned look on his face. "Are coming with me." He paused for a brief moment. Momma's request hadn't covered what she needed them for, they weren't technically under arrest. She just wanted them found and brought to her. Still no sense leaving them armed as he was escorting them to her "Give me your lightsabers." His tone brokered no argument and the pair glumly handed over their weapons. If they ran into trouble along the way, Taab could arm them again quickly, if they were the cause of trouble, well at least they weren't armed now. "Come on, let's go." He pushed the pair out ahead of him, guiding them were to go.

Now the Mandalorian keyed his comm system. "Taab to Momma, I have the padawans you were looking for and am bringing them to Ready Room 2." He smiled nastily behind his T-Visor, an action the two padawans could not see. "You want me to rough them up a bit before you see them?"

TAG: Falcon (again)

IC: Knight Letali (NPC)
    Temple Library, Temple of Light

An awkward silence hung between the two friends for a moment, one that seemed to stretch longer and longer. Something was clearly wrong. Finally Knight Dareagen, Kai, spoke. “Letali,” he looked around. "What were you doing at the Gardens this morning, around 0030 hours,” Letali's eyes went wide at the question as Kai rubbed his shoulder and continued. “I ask because you were looking over your shoulder, were you making sure no one saw you? You were alone with Zoe for half an hour, what were you doing? When you left your cloak looked damp, did you cross over to the island? Did you see Zoe alive?” Letali's mind was spinning, he was asking the questions so quickly that she had no time to respond, or even think about her responses. “Are you the Infiltrator?"

Well there it was, there was the accusation that somehow Letali knew was coming. But it was followed up by Kai pleading with her, almost begging her, to answer. "Tell me please.”
    The Mon Cal dropped her chin (such as it was) to her chest as her right hand came to rest on her lightsaber hilt. She looked up at Kai, a sorrowful look in her eyes. "I was tired, I needed a break from all that security footage." She looked away, as if deep in thought. "I went to the Garden to meditate, I looked behind me to make sure you weren't following me... To make sure that I hadn't woken you up when I left." Her gaze moved to the door. "I didn't see Zoe, and I didn't know her well enough to say if I felt her presence there or not." She took a step towards the doorway, still talking. "I disrobed and went into the lake, I find it so much easier to meditate underwater. I must not have dried off well enough..." She gave a small shrug, though her hand remained fixed on her lightsaber.

"I'm not the Sith, Kai. I could never hurt that poor girl. I could never hurt anyone like that." Her eyes misted up slightly. "You have to believe me Kai, you have to," and then she ran for the exit.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Darth Sixtus closed her eyes, soaking in every nuance of Archisa's answer smiling nastily throughout. Unseen by her, two cells down however, Darth Harbinger seemed troubled, not by the Archisa to whom he was barely listening, but by the continued silence of the Kubaz Knight, Travalus. He looked upon Knight trying to decipher a meaning behind his silence, but found very little. He was an inscrutable one, and for Harbinger that was most troubling of all. Sixtus opened her eyes, the evil smirk still plastered on her face when Archisa asked the unexpected.

"Imagine for a moment that you and your fellow Sith accomplish all that you have set out to do by coming here...now try to visualize your place in that scheme...say in one, two or three years time....what do you see?" The Mirialan Knight's eyes bore down on her.

Sixtus responded with a blink, caught off guard for a moment before her shark like grin returned. "Why I'll..." but she paused as Harbinger spoke a single word of warning, "Sixtus." Her smile grew deeper as she continued on. "I'll be sharing love, with all of you that are willing to accept it." Her melodic voice took on a harder edge. "With all of you that survive."

Harbinger nodded sagely at her answer, continuing to watch Travalus closely. "My place will be at his side," Harbinger finally said through a sneer, gesturing towards the Kubaz. "Beyond that, it is difficult to see."

Sixtus shook her head slightly at her fellow Sith's answer as her smile dropped away. Her countenance betrayed a sense of disbelief, or even shock at what Harbinger's words. She covered it quickly though, perhaps hoping that the Jedi studying her had not noticed. She smiled sweetly to Archisa in an effort to forge ahead.

"And tell me dear Suraya, how did you feel at your padawan's death? How does it feel to know that you did fail him?"

IC: COO-33K (Cookie) Cooking droid (NPC)

As Cookie continued to slice onions and celery the droid kept a photo-receptor on the pantry door. The three Jedi inside still hadn't come out of their isolation there and he was regretting telling them they could use the space for their purposes. They still weren't done, and it was disrupting his kitchen. Cookie was on good terms with the new Grandmaster and there was an 87% probability that the Jedi General wouldn't condone the disruption to kitchen operations caused by the Jedi interlopers. Giving the droid equivalent of a sigh he put down his knife and started maing his way over to the comm panel on the wall...

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Lifes Illusions, Hangar bay two, temple of light.

Kasha sat down at the table with her chosen meal as she opened the lid and took a bit and grimaced. It wasn’t the best meal on the planet, but it was edible. She quickly took another bite as Lacie joined them at the table.

"Maybe if you eat them quickly or shut your eyes, you'll forget the taste?"

You ran the risk of chocking and that wasn’t a good idea, Kasha reflected silently to herself. On the other hand this seemed to be breaking the ice between them.

"I've tried that before, it helps, but not much,”

Ian proceeded to laugh after that causing Lacie to laugh with him. Kasha smiled as she noted they were beginning to let their guard down relaxing around each other. This was a good sign. The laughter stopped as her comlink went off.

Kasha hit the receive button as Taab’s voice came through loud and clear.

"Taab to Momma, I have the padawans you were looking for and am bringing them to Ready Room 2. You want me to rough them up a bit before you see them?"

Kasha paused for a second as she glanced at Tano and Ian. Momma? He nicknamed me Momma? She smiled, she kind of liked it since it was true. She wondered what kind of a nickname he came up for her husband. “No Taab, do not rough them up like you did with Sixtus,” she shook her head sadly. That should’ve never happened. The Jedi do not stoop down to their level. “If you want you can scare them a little by telling them about misbehaving padawans ending up in the detention level.”

Kasha grimaced a bit at the thought, maybe that’ll scare them into revealing everything to her. “Let me know as soon as you arrive at Ready room 2. I’ll be down there shortly after. Sherland out.”

Kasha returned to her dinner and took a couple of more bites as her mouth tuned out the unpleasantness of the meal. “Tell me about Taab, does he nickname everyone?”

Bardan_Jusik, Padawan4687, Gotab

17. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: Alisha Tano

Alisha sniffed the self-heating meal she had chosen, Nerf cube stew, and let her nose wrinkle. The smell didn't quite match what she was used to, or, was it just not finished cooking? She brought it to the table and sat down to give her food some more time, and perked up amid the sudden silence. Aw, she was enjoying the laughter! A beeping com link just had to interrupt...

Taab's voice ran loud and clear. ...Momma. Really? Alisha thought to herself, Is that Mando serious? Master Kasha certainly didn't seem to mind it, she even smiled a bit! She responded with a shake of her head, noting that "Momma" sounded ten times better than the name he had thrown at her. That, coupled with his serious offer to beat up the Padawans he had rounded up? Unbelievable! She knew Ian was deathly afraid of Mandalorians, and her eyes narrowed with sheer dislike.

Her self-heating meal was already puffing out through its covering, so Alisha lifted the lid to take a bite as Master Kasha sat back at the table. "Absolutely, he does!" her response came out a little quick, but the satisfaction of bashing the Mando a bit was just too strong. "Not even the ex-Grandmaster was safe, he called him 'Spoonbender' of all things." She visibly grimaced, and heaped her voice full of sarcasm as she continued, "He gave me the lovely nickname of 'Sith-bait,' so kind of him!"

She had no idea why he'd just attach a random word to someone after just meeting, maybe it was some twisted first-impression... In that case, his first impression of her was downright pathetic! Oh, how she'd love to prove him wrong, dead wrong! "I think he just takes the first word he thinks of when he sees you, and -bam- new nickname!"

TAG: Falcon, Gotab, Bardan_Jusik

18. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

As Tim commenced viewing the 03:55 to 05:10 segment, he decided that the Sith-spotting 'window' had probably closed and that, consequently, it made sense to finish up in one burst. Grandmaster Zey's presence in the Cafeteria for the first part of the segment was a major factor in this decision as Tim didn't think it all that likely that such an experienced and powerful Force User would miss a Jedi life being snuffed out almost under his very nose, and the General still seemed to have a perfectly good connection to the Force. The possibility of being able to grab a self-heating Mugruebe Stew, from the stock kept on the 'Illusion', to "fortify the inner being" was also attractive; it might be wise, he thought, to avoid being noticed by Chef for a day or two!

Unlike the other meal selections aboard, the Mugruebe stews hadn't been prepared and packaged offworld and bulk-purchased for sale to passing Spacers but were authentic Agamarian cuisine, actually official Agamar Security Force issue. Just another instance of having 'a friend in the right place'! Of the remainder, most dated to Prestorious' final purchase of foodstuffs. The Gornt, Tim remembered him saying, was atrocious; the Nerf only slightly better and the 'Cheese Pasta' - whatever that was - one of the better ones. Tim blessed the fact he'd been, as almost every native-born Agamarian had, brought up on the Agamarian staples of Mugruebe Stew and Binka Fruit. All of it was indigenous; hence cheap and plentiful. No chance of an invader securing compliance by setting up a 'food dependency Empire' - that tactic had been tried and had totally failed.

At precisely 04:00 by the timestamp, the Droids reactivated and unplugged from their Charging Stations; immediately beginning to prepare breakfast. Well, Tim thought, that explained the glutinous mess he'd been expected to eat this morning if it had been hanging about for that length of time. Were the eggs supposed to be being 'incubated', he wondered?

Curiously, Chef approached the Grandmaster several times, but without sound there was no telling the reason why. Still, in view of Chef's earlier comment, Tim was glad that one of his holocams had a good view of the Pantry door. The Grandmaster left at 04:30.

A slight lull until just after 05:00 when the Human (TCC?) Knight appeared and was served, followed by a Twi'lek at 05:10. This latest being Tim also believed to be part of the TCC Day-shift. Human and Twi'lek didn't sit together - either they had enough of each other's company while on-shift or their particular dietary needs were incompatible with each other's digestion; Tim had once seen a Gamorrean scooping up paw-fuls of something pink and pulsating - a rather unsettling sight at table! Both of them left together, amiably enough, though, at around 05:30.

Saridona's version of Coruscant's 'Big Snarl' commenced at around 05:45 as the Cafeteria filled up with customers; finding places, mostly eating - some ignoring the eggs in favour of Caf or similar beverages - then leaving to attend to whatever activities had been planned for that day.

The activity lessened, but did not cease, up to Tim's and Zurros Ka's entrance and the 'Incident'. He was slightly amused at the comedic value of his reaction, but hid any sign of it out of respect for what he now knew to be the cause. He didn't see a single one of the 'breakfasters' that weren't affected in some way, although his own was on the extreme end.

So, he concluded, a big waste of time, unless Knight Aroon was the one. Even he, though, hadn't really shown any evidence of 'guilty mind'.

"Well, gentlebeings, what are your thoughts?" he asked his companions.

TAG: Zurros Ka, Skywalker_T-65, Bardan_Jusik.

Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    IC Ian Thrace
    On "Battershell's" ship, Hangar Bay 2, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

“No Taab, do not rough them up like you did with Sixtus...” Ian felt the anger rising within him at the mention of that brute hurting Sixtus. Yes, she was evil, and a Sith, but she was so... Ian shook his head and blinked, trying to get the intoxicating woman out of his thoughts.

“Tell me about Taab, does he nickname everyone?” Knight Sherland asked around a bite of her meal. Ian winced as she spoke the Mandalorian's name, though he did find it rather ironic that the Jedi Knight was gossiping about him as the Major was in the process of rounding up other Padawans that she was going to punish for... gossiping. Maybe the same rules didn't apply to the walking tank because he was an "outsider". Whatever the reason, Ian didn't much care. He hated Taab with all of his being. He had almost hoped that it was Taab that was the Sith agent, just so that they had an excuse to get rid of him. From Alisha's response it seemed that Taab hadn't made any friend there either.

"Absolutely, he does!" Her feelings about Taab came through loud and clear "Not even the ex-Grandmaster was safe, he called him 'Spoonbender' of all things." She visibly grimaced, and heaped her voice full of sarcasm as she continued, "He gave me the lovely nickname of 'Sith-bait,' so kind of him!"

Sith-bait? Wow, that's bad. I'm lucky I didn't get tagged with that, Ian thought to himself. "I think he just takes the first word he thinks of when he sees you, and -bam-," Ian flinched, "new nickname!"

"He uhhh...he calls me Twitchy." He stabbed a fork at his pasta, examining it before setting it back down on his plate. "Taab is a violent, thuggish brute. I don't know why the Grandmaster even allows him to stay here." Ian flinched again. It wasn't the place of a mere Padawan, especially one as useless as himself, to question the wisdom of a Grandmaster. "Not long after I got here, one of his little minions beat me up, sent me to the medbay." He left out the part where Taab eventually stopped the attack himself. "He called it a 'training accident'," Ian flinched yet again remembering how Ryi Kor'le had nearly killed him, if not for Major Taab's intervention. "I was lucky that Master Lahana was able to heal me." He had only a vague recollection of that event, he had been kind of out of it. "Of course now both Master Lahana and Taab's little minion are gone. Too bad he isn't."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Falcon, Padawan4687

20. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Suraya Archisa
    Temple Stockade

And tell me dear Suraya, how did you feel at your padawan's death? How does it feel to know that you did fail him?

Sixtus' recycled love spiel did nothing in Suraya's mind to warrant a further reply on her part nor did she flinch this time at her taunt. With a bemused grin she raised an eyebrow slightly tilting her head...It would appear that our game has come to...an end. Suraya's ploy to share something sincere and emotionally charged with Sixtus so as to whet her appetite to possibly reveal more about their plan had yielded no results. Perhaps it was time to contact their Inquisitor and tell him what little they had learned...that the infiltrator's identity was supposedly not known to their prisoners and that they did not have the ability to continually change their appearance. Perhaps Dareagen had even unmasked their assailant by now.

Harbinger's comments moments before to Hochner... My place will be at his side...Beyond that, it is difficult to see... as well as Sixtus' partially cloaked reaction defied logical explanation. Her initial interpretation was that the Sith was implying that Trevalus would join forces with their invaders, but the mere thought of it sounded ludicrous. But why would he say it? Turning to her Kubaz companion she awaited his potential response to the male Sith's words as well as council from him and the others as to what should their next course of action be.

Taking into account everything that had transpired within the last few hours, perhaps the most perplexing and disconcerting fact to Suraya was the calm confident air both of their captives so completely embodied. It made her shudder within to imagine why.

TAG Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels The_Zeltron Mitth_Fisto galactic-vagabond422

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Hangar Bay 2, Lifes Illusion

Kasha listened intently. It may seem like gossiping but it was just a simple question. She didn't know much about Taab too much and she wanted to get a feel for his character. She studied Ian as he finished his story. She sensed this story was only half true and that Ian was holding back the other half. She decided to let it drop for now. "I was just curious, he just called me momma, which is true. I have an eight year old and a six year old. My oldest daughter is Mekaila is eight and my youngest son is Brice and he's six, I miss them. Anakin decided to take them back home a couple of days before the attack happened. Needed to get a few things and Mekaila wanted to see her friend. Maybe it's a good thing he left, but I have no way of warning him if he decides to head back. That's why I really don't mind the company. It's been too quiet without my children running around," she smiled as she eyed all three. "So tell me about yourselves, interest, hobbies, where your from, what brought you to the temple."

Gotab, Padawan4687, Bardan_Jusik

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Temple Stockade, interview with Sith. . .always two there are.

This tributary and unexpected bend in the river was indeed bearing results, but this was, unforeseen. Tilting his head back a mere fraction he breathed a deep breath, taking in the words of the male Sith like air. Filtering it in through his trunk, deep past his own palate of taste, savoring the flavors meaty and sour pairing notes before entering the lungs to be ingested in earnest. It was oddly satisfying to hear of another standing at his side, but landed with the words and fell away with them as well. It was soured at the thought of a Sith, but that too did not linger. Tools and reforms were both possibilities of the future, and as that was always in motion he weighed little upon either of the four possibilities this eventuality gave fourth beyond to mentally list them.

One was the Sith would reform for sake of power to the Jedi if they won. Two he would turn to the Sith through the coming battles. Three the Sith would be at some use in the future, enough to be let out of the prison. Four he was of use to the Sith at some time despite being a prisoner and so to would be this seer.

Suraya cut short the game and turned to him as he looked at the pair of Sith. Haughty and unsure they were. "One should know better than to overtax a recently freed prisoner Sixtus. Love shows more compassion or at least a softer touch than that." Turning he looked at Harbinger, "So many possibilities, thank you for sharing. Unless either of you have more to note or ask of me I ask one question of you. Would the Sith in the army without surrender to some method or situation you can describe besides or including demolition of the entire army about her?"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Ananta Chetan, Rebecca_Daniels, The_Zeltron, galactic-vagabond422

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Library, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"You have to believe me Kai, you have to," Letail rises and moves towards the exit.

“Wait Letali,” Kai calls out rising to give chase. He reaches out his hand to grab her wrist but, misses. “Look I’m sorry, I just… I just…” He follows her to the door then stops his pursuit. He slams his fist into the door frame. He screwed up, again. He let his paranoia get the better of him and now he hurt the only friendship he’d manage to make. Now there was only one thing to do, go back over the footage and find more suspects. He goes over the holo-vids again dispassionately he’d already falsely accused one person now wasn’t the time to do it again. He noted how much time people had alone with Zoe, lightsabers were loud when activated and using one to cut up a body would make a noticeable noise. Aroon was alone with her for fifteen minutes, Rand twenty, Letali thirty, but she’d been ruled out. Larod who had entered after Letali was alone for twenty-five minutes before the strange creature appeared again, five minutes later Larod leaves dragging the creature behind him looking very annoyed.

Grand Master, or is it General Zey enters fifteen minutes after and is alone with Zoe for half an hour before Master Piim arrives. They’re together for an hour then Zey leaves. Piim is then alone for half an hour until, the Twi’lek, Vomkoju enters. Piim leaves half an hour later, Vomkoju remains for another half an hour then leaves. The symmetry of those three hours was unsettling. Each had half an hour alone with Zoe, the longest any one person was alone with her, obviously enough time to…to, he couldn’t even think about what happened to her.

A question still remained, all the suspicion had been thrown on to Aroon, but he only had fifteen minutes alone with his padawan before Rand entered. How long would it take to kill her and…and do that to her.

“Ok,” he says rising, “I’m this infiltrator, I’ve decided to kill one of the weaker Jedi, increase the paranoia, keep them off balance until my comrades can take this place by force.” He creeps along the stacks mimicking the movements of a being sneaking up on another. “I see her alone, I felt her presence before, there’s no one here, perfect opportunity.” As his mind began to see the scene, a smile grew across his face, just like he assumed the infiltrator had. “I finally get to kill one of them, I’ve been waiting for so long. I’ve had to hide my true nature for a while now, feels good to finally drop my façade.” He takes a few steps closer, removing his lightsaber from his belt. “I use the lightsaber I’ve had on my belt, not the red one I’d like but, I need to keep up appearances.” He takes another step closer , “Even though she’s a padawan I don’t what to give her a chance to fight back.” He raises his hilt activating its blue blade. He begins to bring it down in a decapitating slash. In his mind’s eye he sees Zoe’s face her greyish eyes wide with fear, her mouth open possibly preparing to scream. He stops his slash short, he can’t do this, he's not a monster, he can’t even pantomime killing another Jedi. He deactivates his saber and hooks it back on his belt, out of breath.

He takes up his comlink and sets it to Taab’s frequency, he takes a few moments to settle his heart.

Sithspawn,” he starts using his name for Taab, “How long would it take you to…” the young knight struggles to get the next words out, “To cut up...Zoe like that?”

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/padawan Takkoo (NPC)/padawan Abyo (NPC)
    Pilot's Ready Room #2, Temple of Light

Taab grumbled to himself at Momma's (Kasha Sherland's) message. Not because he couldn't rough the kids up, he honestly had no idea if their actions warranted it or not, but because of her suggestion that he tell them they might be due a trip to the detention level. As if being incarcerated was scary. shab it should be required training for a potential Jedi to not only be incarcerated, but figure a way out. He shook his head. He had hunted them, he had killed them, but he would never truly understand the jetiise.

Taab did not pass along Momma's suggestion to the pair of padawans. Her response had been confined to his buy'ce, so they hadn't heard it, though they had heard his initial question. Better to leave them in suspense as to what her answer was regarding harming them. If they figured out that she had said no, all the better. It meant that they were learning something. Still Taab didn't allow the two padawans to chat with one another, though he never really had to say it. His presence alone seemed to ensure their silence.

“Sithspawn,” Taab smiled to himself behind his faceplate as the message from Tough Guy (Kai Dareagen) came in. That jetii had heart if nothing else. Taab would never let him know it, but he admired that. “How long would it take you to…” there was a pause and Taab wondered what was the matter on the other end of the line. “To cut up...Zoe like that?” Ah, he was squeamish. Taab's admiration of Tough Guy was revised downwards a few notches. People died all the time, in any manner of gruesome ways. This was no different. He glanced at the padawans still walking ahead of him, they couldn't hear the message that came in, but he ensured they would hear the one that went out. Having no idea who he was talking to should set them a bit more on edge.

"That depends," he finally commed back. "If it was a knife or other standard blade, butchery like that would have taken a bit of time. Have to cut at the joints to avoid trying to saw through the bones and whatnot." He let out a short snort of a laugh. "You'd have a lot more blood to worry about too which slows you down..." he paused as if remembering something before explaining further. "Makes it harder to see what and where you're cutting. Vibro-blade would be quicker of course, but still leaves you some of the same issues." There was another slight pause, the reasoning for the inquiry was apparent enough, and this had nothing to do with a knife or vibro-blade. "From what I saw evidence pointed to a jetii'kad, a lightsaber." He translated for the Jedi, as well as for the padawans listening intently to his every word. "For someone like me, that would have taken I dunno five, ten, minutes to carve up someone like that and distribute the body parts as we saw." Taab mulled things over for a moment more, but that about summed it up. "Taab out," he ended the transmission curtly.

The Mandalorian caught the worried glances being exchanged between the two padawans now, but they arrived at Pilot's Ready Room #2 without a word being spoken between them.
    [​IMG]

The room was large, but cramped. A small platform, almost a stage was located at the front of the room. Upon it was a podium from which briefings could be made. Behind that podium was a display screen, to give the briefing officer visual aids for any information presented. Of course the screen was blank right now, just as the rows of chairs in front of the podium were empty. Each had its own small console and desk attached, for the taking of notes. Along the walls were various unit patches of the squadrons that had passed through this Temple over the years. It wasn't many, though the Starbird seemed prominently displayed in them all.

The padawans made to go sit in the front row but Taab snarled at them. "Stand at ease until Momma arrives." The pair looked at him in disbelief but complied, neither made another move towards a chair. Nodding, he commed out to the Jedi Knight who had requested he round them up.. "Your eggs are in their basket Momma, best get down here before they get scrambled."

Lacie munched slowly on her...whatever it was, listening and chewing as the others spoke up about their feelings regarding their Mandalorian guest. She herself had never really interacted with him much, though he had shown up when Zoe had been...found in the Gardens. She swallowed hard. He hadn't seemed a particularly warm and welcoming individual there, but her own recollections of what had transpired were somewhat clouded. It seemed as if she wanted to forget them right now. Right now she felt safe and was comforted by her fellow padawans. She didn't like how everyone seemed to have the same feeling about the Mandalorian staked to protect them and she was surprised that no one expressed the sentiment that he could be the evil Sith the Inquisitor was looking for.

"So tell me about yourselves, interest, hobbies, where your from, what brought you to the temple."

Lacie again stabbed at the "mystery meat" in her meal with a fork. She didn't want to talk about her hobbies or interests. Not with a Jedi Knight. For some reason she felt more comfortable with her fellow padawans. These padawans at least, not those boorish jugheads like Takkoo and Abyo. Hopefully Knight Sherland would rip them each a new one. Before she could speak, not that she was planning on saying anything anyway, Taab's voice again cut through the silence.

"Your eggs are in their basket Momma, best get down here before they get scrambled."

Lacie exhaled what sounded like a sigh of relief. They hadn't finished eating yet, but the padawans were old enough to take care of themselves. "It's OK Master Sherland. You can go now. I have my protectors here with me and we're safe on the ship." She winked again at Ian Thrace. "We'll finish up on our own and stay aboard until you get back."

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Sixtus smiled a haughty smile now. Harbinger's answer had perplexed these Jedi. It had confused her as well, though she did her best to hide it. It was enough though that it put the Jedi on edge. She couldn't see the dead serious look on Harbinger's face, though she had heard that tone from him before. This was something he knew to be true, it was unavoidable, it was his destiny She didn't know what to think about that, all she knew was that she had her own destiny, her own role to play in the eventual downfall of the Jedi and the rising power of the Dark Side.

"So many possibilities, thank you for sharing." Sixtus didn't like the sound of that, and Harbinger liked it even less. They had perhaps said too much. Still the Jedi continued on. "Unless either of you have more to note or ask of me I ask one question of you. Would the Sith in the army without surrender to some method or situation you can describe besides or including demolition of the entire army about her?"

Now it was the Sith's turn to be confused and Sixtus wished she could see Harbinger, communicate with him privately to ascertain his own thoughts. She remained silent when Harbinger spoke, he had apparently deciphered some meaning from the Kubaz' question. "The Sith out there will not surrender. Darth Zelus knows nothing but conquest and death, and she will not stop until she wreaks her vengeance on you all." Sixtus nodded along with that. There was no love in the heart of Darth Zeluis, not like there was in her own. Zelus wanted the Jedi all dead, destroyed, with no chance of ever returning. She would do anything to attain that goal.

"Likewise Cavillous will not surrender. He will stay and keep you cornered here until he finds a means of killing you all." Sixtus nodded again silently. She knew that to also be true, though there was more room with him for allowing "conversions" of appropriate Jedi to the Sith cause. Any who would succumb to the Dark Side would be seduced by it, those that wouldn't, or couldn't, would be destroyed, either for good or to be resurrected by Veneficus. "You will either have to kill them all, or be killed by them. That is your choice, one of the very few you still have left."

IC: COO-33K (Cookie) Cooking droid/Knight Letali (NPCs)

“Wait Letali,” Kai had called out to her, trying to grab her wrist. “Look I’m sorry, I just… I just…” But Letali didn't stop running, she didn't stop to look back. What would he have done if he had caught her? Would he have arrested her? Put her in the stockade? Brought her before the Council for final judgement? Or would he have executed her on the spot, accused of being a Sith agent? She tried to clear her head, unsure of just where she was running to. The Council Chamber? Her room? The shuttlebay or one of the Temple gates? She had no idea just yet, she needed to calm down and think. While she attempted that, she ran...

...right into the mess hall. The place was a frantic mass of activity, droids cleaning tables, mopping the floor and slaving away in the kitchen. A half dozen droids turned to look at her and her disheveled appearance. They were far more accustomed to seeing Jedi conducting themselves far more calmly. The droid that was the head chef came around from behind his counter quickly, irately screaming at her. "Oh no, no more interuptions here. I'm trying to get lunch ready for all of you and you keep invading my kitchen!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.