main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Shadows Of the Empire Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jacktherack, Oct 8, 2013.

1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Is anyone else a fan of Shadows of the empire multimedia project and all things relating?
    Not only just the book but things like The video game, the Comics including Sote Evolution, The Jabba tape, sand blasted, shadow stalker. the scenario in Star wars galaxies trading card game involving Kimmie Chyler. Black sun, Swoop Gangs, Shadow Games, The sourcebook, The merchindise. And everything else that was either created for the project or involves somthing that was heavily featured in shadows.

Anyone a fan of Gizman and Spiker? Or even know who they are?
    They first appeared the comic adaption of Shadows of the empire
    next they appeared in the standalone comic that was originally published in 3 issues of star wars galaxy magazine called the jabba tape. and next they appeared in a story from star wars tales #4 called Sand blasted.

Spiker has some other minor appearances in star wars missions #10 which was a scholastic kid's Rpg like book from the late 90's. he also has a background cameo in first impressions from star wars tales #15, he is also mentioned in the mandalorian armor, an article from star wars gamer that focused on the chiss species. and he appears as a character in the sourcebook.

Gizman has recently appeared in a clone wars tie in book series called star wars secret missions as well as a book called star wars strange allies.

Anyone else a fan of Shadows?

CampOfSorgan and whostheBossk like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Liked Gizman in the TCW Secret Missions books.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This is more a fanclub than a social thread. Title/Status changed to reflect that.

[​IMG]

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I very much liked Wrenga Jixton. Wonder what happened to him after Vader died. Did he return to Aridus?

5. jacktherack

Mar 19, 2008
    i don't think they ever said, but he did appear in his own spin off comic shadow stalker as well as in the star wars galaxies trading card game.

6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Still, it would be fun to have him appear in more comics/novels.
    I think he has a lot of potential (many of the SOTE characters do).
    Since Jixton probably was a Force-sensitive (at least, I assume so), his presence in the post-ROTJ universe would probably not go unnoticed.
    Maybe agents of Blackhole captured him or did he return to Aridus? We will probably never know...

7. OBI-TUE_KENOBI

OBI-TUE_KENOBI Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2009
    I am currently rereading the book, and I remember the media event that surrounded it, I had the game and the Soundtrack, and one of the comics I think. It did get me thinking that they should do a Clone Wars-esque cartoon for it to really complete it.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The book was good from what I remember. The comic was still good even though it cuts out a lot. The scenes focusing on Fett rock.
    Still need to get the CD and never have played the game.

9. OBI-TUE_KENOBI

Oct 15, 2009
    jacktherack likes this.
  10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I have heard the soundtrack does not include anything other than changed versions of John Williams' SW soundtrack tracks? Is that true?

11. OBI-TUE_KENOBI

Oct 15, 2009

It has been awhile since I heard it but I remember it being original music, that is most definitely inspired by John William's stuff, with a few arrangement bits from Star Wars thrown in.

12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Some of the tracks are posted on YouTube. Maybe, I should listen to them sometime in the future.

OBI-TUE_KENOBI likes this.
  13. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Shadows of the Empire is what really got me going as far as Star Wars fandom love. Yay for this thread. =D=

And General Immodet: you really should. There's some good original music on there-"The Seduction of Princess Leia" and "Xizor's Theme" are both favorites of mine.

whostheBossk and General Immodet like this.
  14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I most certainly will. If I like the music, maybe I will see if I can buy the soundtrack.

15. OBI-TUE_KENOBI

Oct 15, 2009
    One thing I didn't do was read the main comic, I have the tpb about Guri but that was all. Was the comic book tie in any good?

16. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I thought it was fairly decent. One thing that they were careful to explain back in 1996 was that all the different elements told different parts of the story- the N64 game was Dash Rendar's POV; the book was Leia/Luke/Vader/Xizor, and the comics were supposed to focus on the bounty hunters/Vader's agent. It all combined for a pretty good picture.

Mitth_Fisto and OBI-TUE_KENOBI like this.
  17. OBI-TUE_KENOBI

Oct 15, 2009

I should look for it then just to say I got it completely finished, story wise.

18. jacktherack

Mar 19, 2008

You can get the Omnibus which includes Shadows of the empire, Shadows of the empire Evolution, and Mara Jade by the emperor's hand. essentially 3 trade paperbacks for a little over the price of 1 since Omnibus's are 24.99

Also the beta cartridge of Shadows has been found.
    Link

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    BARDAN EDIT: No

20. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I enjoyed the whole SOTE "Multi-Media" event back in '96. The game was the only thing I wasn't that familiar with (never had any game systems), but I liked the comic, novel, toys, cards by the Hildebrandt Bros., the "Making of" book, and the soundtrack. It was cool to have all of the movie-tie ins without the movie itself.

The story itself was great as well - it tied into the films nicely, and featured familiar characters (Boba Fett) while introducing some interesting new characters (Xixor & Guri, among others).

21. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I felt the same way when I got into it later. Xizor and Guri were my introduction to the whole EU. It was then that I realized what an interesting character Boba Fett could truly be.

22. Viper78

Viper78 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    I loved the game of SOTE, it was the initial reason for me buying the N64 back in 1996 and I really enjoyed the book so I'm a big fan. I still can't believe it's been 20 years since the game was released!

Also Dash Rendar's "Outrider" YT-2400 is one of my favourite Star Wars ships!

23. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Yeah, I like this book a lot too. Never played the game though.

24. Viper78

Viper78 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    Admittedly the game wasn't a hit with harcore gamers but I loved it, you play Dash Rendar through out the game with the 1st level being an escape from Echo base, shooting snow troopers, probe droids and Wampa's then having to defeat an ATST berore getting back to the Outrider. Some of the other great levels you have to battle IG88 and Boba Fett in Slave 1.

Obviously looks dated now compared to SW Battlefront but well worth picking up an N64 for.

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    In the Special Edition version of ANH, you can see the Outrider when Luke and Ben enter Mos Eisley. Did you notice?

whostheBossk, Viper78 and Iron_lord like this.