main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver The Shard of Alderaan

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by JediKaltax, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKaltax

JediKaltax Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    The Creators of The Seven Stones of Salamar LARP bring you

The Shard of Alderaan

The Shard of Alderaan is not some ancient artifact from the doomed former planet, but a slicing program capable of defeating almost any Imperial scandoc. A former Alderaanian, known only by the Code words "Never Die," created the Shard program for the benefit of the rebellion - until it was stolen. Now the Shard is in the hands of a scheming Dealer named Begas Tok, and he has come to Tatooine to sell it to the highest bidder. he has chosen to have the meeting aboard the Dune Princess, a luxurious sail barge which is cruising above Tatooine's Deserts.

The Empire, naturally, wants the Shard as does the Rebellion. Both have sent representatives to tatooine to meet Tok and obtain the slicing program. But an unexpected sandstorm has grounded the sail barge. Until it passes, all aboard are trapped - relatively comfortable, but trapped (the sandstorm prevents communication with Mos Eisley or orbiting ships). Among the unlikely jumble of Rebel and Imperial passengers are a famours holo-star who likes to mingle with the underworld, her agent and a nosy news stack-reporter looking for trouble in all the wrong places.

The Shard of Alderaan is an exciting Star Wars LARP game that will take place in surrey on the 2nd of July which is a Saturday. There are a Limited number of characters available so if you're interested drop me a line, and I'll get you some more info.

The Characters are as follows.

1. Begas Tok: A criminal Entrepeneur who has the shard of Alderaan Slicer program. He has paid a substantial fee to his old aquaintance Heater for use of his sailbarge (and indirectly Jabba's Protection from direct Imperial Interference).

2. Datoro Scorn: Tok's Hired Gun. Scorn once had a bad run in with Mercenary Lex Kempo.

3. Gunder Vren: A rebel agent who needs to get the Shard of Alderaan in the hands of the Rebel Alliance. he is trapped on the Dune Princess, while several of his fellow Rebel agents are waiting back in Mos Eisley

4. Lex Kempo: A mercenary who occasionally helps the Rebel Alliance. When Dataro Scorn challanged him to a blaster shoot-out, Scorn was left horribly disfigured.

5. Sella Marik: The Daughter of a Rich Businessman from the Core, she is just here to have a good time and experience the "Galaxy" First hand.

6: Breezer Nos-Carron: A drifter aboard the Dune Princess. Nobody knows why or how he got invited to this party, the simple fact is he's here.

7. Prefect Jared Tome: An Imperial diplomat with a dark and sinister past. Tome once was in charge of an "re-education centre" and tormented those suspected of sympathyzing with the Rebellion

8. Zero One-Bee: An innocent medical droid who has no reasont o be onboard the dune princess, much like Nos-Carron however he is here.

9. Alexis Cov-Prim: A Famous star of the Imperial entertainment system with extravagant tastes. She is looking for a new mate - it is obvious to all that she considers both Begas Tok, and Prefect Tome a good catch. But her real interest is in the Shard; she hopes to make a fortune off of it.

10. Malthorn: Mistress Prim's agent and partner in crime. An occasional luckless gambler who happens to be a far more succesful bounty hunter on the side, Malthorn is lookingforward to collecting on a pair of rebels named Gunder Vren, and Lex Kempo.

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    What an interesting idea. I just have a couple of questions:

How does one of these things work?

Are costumes required?

Where would we be playing?

Thanks for your time,

*Derisa*

3. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I'm interested, too. :)

4. JediKaltax

JediKaltax Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Well basically it's a game of pretend, so dressing up is highly encouraged to keep up the atmosphere, you should see the Garb my friend is making for her NPC Character. And it'll be happening in my basement which is just off the freeway in surrey, it's nice and dank and perfect to be a sailbarge in the middle of a sandstorm. and umm I can't really think of anything else pertinant at this time, but feel free to add me to MSN or email me if you have any more questions or whatnot. my addy is jedikaltax@hotmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.