main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Shattered Galaxy: Main Game Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: The Myth, aka Horido Riisar
    Souls Fire, Mos Eisley Spaceport

Taking in the view of the mans ship he noticed how it didn't gleam or glisten, he was obviously on hard times. But that was the state of things during schisms, one was either rising filthy rich from their trades new need or sinking from the fighting.

"You're right the women and food isn't that good. Unfortunately this hole was the closest world when I realised I was out of food and other needed goods."

Perhapes the tension earlier had been nothing more then that, tension from such a poor state of affairs and a feeling of idiocy.

"And how about yourself? Why are you here? Those robes aren't the usual attire for around here, I take you're a Bounty Hunter? Always happy to met your kinda, unless you've come to collect.."

The man bristled, somewhat with his response. As did Horido, at first about his robes briefly before he expanded to Bounty Hunter. As the man put his hands behind his back he started to tense preparing to react until the hand returned empty.

"..though I doubt that"

"I'm here as a safe haven between jobs, as you guessed it, a Bounty Hunter. Do not worry though, your not on my list and I make it a point to never try to collect on friendly acquantices. Besides your stake must not be that high since I don't recognize you, although these days everyone seems to have a bounty on their heads, merely depends on which sides wanted postings you paruse."

Noticing a small beep from his belt pocket he moved back his robes to pull the pad out for a quick glance before returning it to its place. It looked like the Ranat had done its job. Replacing the data pad next to his saber he reclosed his robes quickly, hoping the other hadn't noticed the slip or recognized the shoto lightsaber.

"So, what's your take on this current three way conflict? Personally I can't tell who to follow, I only know the Empire isn't correct, so I stick with the anonymos roles where justice is sovern and creed or color yet does not reign supremely overshadowing the lives of the simple and pure."

TAG: Star, Any

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Sergeant Jaden Kevlin
    Over Imperial Center, Transport

The call came through when Jaden had gotten to the communcations and recording aspects of Stormtrooper armor. At the announcement of nearing the hangar to the Ascension, his mental review of the armor came to an end as he sat up as straight as his body allowed. It wasn't long before they docked and nearly as one he and the Stormtroopers that were within the transport stood from their seats and made their way to the exit.

Once again Jaden mentally cursed at the delay for his armor to be delivered yet none of that dismay was allowed to be shown on his face as, in replacement of a helmet, he kept his stone-faced expression. And even as the feeling worsened when the veteran marched into the large, open space of the hangar, he kept it.

His eyes still moved left and right as he took in the view of the inside of the hangar. Despite being a grunt that had the fighting for him on the ground, Jaden still had his own knowledge of ships, such as Mandator II-class Star Dreadnaughts. Despite being a class of ship that dated back to the Clone Wars, there were still some in use, such as the Ascension apparently. And their uses as powerful command ships haven't seem to have abated either if a Grand Admiral being in command of this was any hint.

Neither were the standard procedures, as he and the rest of the regiment were ordered to report to their general quarters. There was nothing to do except follow the crowd, and quite literally as the troopers moved on with Jaden's fatigues standing out within the crowd of white. It was only when he got to his quarters not too long later that Jaden allowed himself to relax, as did the rest of the regiment.

This was really all the same the veteran thought as he allowed himself to take a nice, long look around as he took note of the troopers that he would be working with for who knows how long. But he knew that this was not exactly the same; these weren't the same people that he had been stationed with in the Outer Rim. Jaden was no stranger to loss, even Stormtroopers died afterall and he had seen plenty of comrades die during his years of service. He felt grief even if he didn't let it show - he was usually too busy with a battle to grieve - and had always looked upon the new replacements with wary and a sense that they didn't belong. But that was because they had yet to prove to him that they belonged.

Sitting down on his bunk, Jaden took another long look around before he laid back. Maybe in a few he'll head down to the firing range once the troopers were given the okay to explore, though he did wonder if this ship did have such an area. He was pretty sure, or at least he hoped so. After all, it was his turn to prove to this regiment that he belonged and the best way to start was to show that he can shoot. He just hoped that his stay in the medcenter hadn't affected his shooting skills either.

TAG: Thok, Protege-of-Thrawn, DarthXan318, Rebecca_Daniels

3. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    IC: Grayson Handor
    ~Sith Academy, Korriban~

Grayson looked between the two and then decided to take a chance. He took his second hand off of his staff and motioned for his guard to stand down. "I must apologize. The Jensaarai have been subjected to betrayal too many kinds and we have become warry of it. But you are right, agression is not a good negotiating ploy. But the woman brings up a good point. I should be consulting this with the leader of your Order, but apperently he is unavailable." He thought for a moment and the conceided, "But you seem to be highly enough placed that I feel comfortable enough to negotiate with you."

Motioning for the Grandmaster of the Academy to continue the tour he commented on the Academy, "This facility is intresting, how long has it been here. It wasnt until recently that I even learned of it's location, though you'll understand if i dont reveal my sources."

Returning to buisness he asked, "If I join you Sith, what sort of protection would you be able to provide us with?"

Tag: Despised, Rilwin(if still there)

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Streets, Coruscant

Han came to the conclusion that the streets of Imperial Center were equally as stuffy and overcrowded as the cantina they had just emerged from - or any cantina for that matter. That was probably due to the fact that the buildings around here towered over everything else, pitting the streets into narrow canyons, which restricted airflow. It was a poor design and yet another reason why Han despised the place and couldn't wait to get back into space. Chewie had been right, this was all a bad idea.

The run-in with the Imperial officer wasn't totally unexpected, Han figured he would run into someone sooner or later. It was how fast it had happened. They weren't on the planet for more than a few standard hours before the man approached them, asking about Bloodstripes of all things. Just thinking about the incident all over again made Han roll his eyes. But still, it wasn't something he could ignore completely. The Imp had started to stick his nose into unwanted territory, uncovering little bits and pieces of the true reason for their presence here. That had been their cue to leave. It only took one to sound the alarm.

Even as they strolled down the street towards the spaceport, Han kept glancing over his shoulder as an extra safety precaution to make sure they had no unwanted visitors on their tail. He trusted that Imp about as far as he could throw a rancor and given their abrupt departure, he wouldn't be surprised if the Imp decided to take a walk as well. Disappearing into the droves of people was definitely working to their advantage, but Han wanted to take one extra step...just in case.

His arm shot across Chewie's field of vision and he gestured to a small side street that appeared to hold nothing more but dumpsters and packing crates from the local businesses. It was a maintenance corridor and it obviously wasn't meant for pedestrian traffic but that wasn't about to stop Han. A short-cut was a short-cut, after all. And if it managed to throw off any pursuers, than that could be considered something a little extra.

A soft growl of approval from the Wook was all it took to put him in motion. Sidestepping his way through the crowd as subtly as possible, Han slipped into the darkened alcove and pressed his back against the wall and waited until Chewie was safely across and at his side. He blew out a breath and nodded to his partner with a cocky grin. "Not bad, huh?" he paused to scan their surroundings before pointing to the opposite end of the walkway, which dumped out onto the next street over. "Let's get moving before they figure out what happened to us."

"Someone already has, Solo."

Han froze as the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. That wasn't good. It was never a comforting thing when someone knew your name and you had no clue who they were in return. Han didn't recognize that voice, but judging from the lack of an Imperial accent, he had a feeling the guy meant business. Han flexed his fingers before wrapping them around the grip of his blaster and turned in a slow arc to face the speaker. His expression was set in a hard glare.

"Ah, there we are," the man boasted as a sadistic smile crossed his face. His dark, beady eyes narrowed as he took in Han's appearance. "Come now, you didn't actually think that trick would work, eh? Surely, someone with your track record could've come up with something a bit more...interesting," he taunted with a deep laugh.

Han scowled in response. It bothered him to no end that he still didn't recognize him. He had a full face with jowls that shook with each movement of his mouth and hair that was some cross between blond and red. He looked to be well off despite his typical spacer's garb but the thing that stuck out to Han the most was the blaster pistol the man was aiming directly at his head. Yup, he had been right. This wasn't good at all.

"I didn't know I had an audience," Han bit back in a low voice. "If I had known, I would've set something up for you. I hate t

5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Poison

They were asking questions of each other, the newcomer seeming suddenly tense. The Blademaster was explaining, then. "This is Poison and as you can see she is quiet literally insane, the dark side of the Force has that effect on some I am afraid." Poison simply grinned broadly, flashing the sharp teeth again. Crazy was good. Crazy scared people. Scaring people was what she was for.

"You are dismissed, and free to inform the Dark Lord of our visitor if you wish." Poison considered, then shook her head. "Master busy. Poison tell him when he's done." Oblivious to the amount of irritation her presence was liable to cause, she stayed there, listening as the Saarai-Kaar asked more questions of the Blademaster. He could answer. He was better at answering questions; people never seemed to like Poison's answers much, oddly enough.

Tag: Grayson, Xander

6. AvatarOfYunYammka

AvatarOfYunYammka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2007
    Colonel Trins Oldin
    Streets, Imperial Center

As soon as the man and his Wookies had exited the pub, Trins was only a few seconds behind the pair. Once outside, he quickly mingled into the crowd, glancing around to get his bearings. Although the man he was trailing could probably blend in no sweat, the Wookie was a different matter. That being seemed to tower over most of crowd and so it was not terribly difficult to maintain sight of him. On the other hand, even though Oldin was in his relatively unique cream-and-black uniform, he was within average the height range and thus more difficult to spot among the humanoid crowd.

For the most part, it was the Wookie he was tracking, since he assumed where old fuzzy-wuzzy was, the human companion would be very near. Assuming that either the Wookie or the human might have skills in dodging surveillance and trails, Oldin was carefuly to always keep multiple beings between him and the towering Wookie (and, on assumption, the human partner). Glancing fore and back, left and right, Oldin was also trying to make sure that he himself was not getting inappropriate attention. So far, so good. Even though the Colonel was not really an 'operations' man, he had gone through the extensive training like everyone else and he had been quite good on the sims at least. Of course, such practice could not quite compare to real life.

Then, suddenly, the Wookies made a gesture and seemed to disappear. Trins rushed forward, almost knocking a couple people and, of course, yelling n apology in their direction hoping that smoothed any hard feelings over. Getting to where the Wookie had just been standing before disappearing, he glanced around for the umpteenth time since exiting that pub mere minutes earlier. Nothing. No sign of either that man or his Wookie companion. Glancing up and down the elevated street (everything in Coruscant was elevated...one did not want to walk the true surface of the ecumenopolis...there were supposedly very dangerous creatures down below), he almost missed the small maintenance corridor running between a couple of buildings. It seemed the only option for their disappearance short of either cloaking themselves or diving off the walkway and several kilometers downwards into the undercity.

Slowly and cautiously, he made his way to the opening, hand resting on the grip of his L-23 blaster pistol. He would not draw it just yet lest he create a panic or cause something untoward to happen. It was no amazement that drawing a weapon on a crowded street was likely to bring a response from passerby and such; thus, he the weapon remained in its holster for the moment. Reaching the opening, he leaned up against the wall and carefully leaned out, glancing into the corridor, trying to see if there was anything in there while presenting the smallest potential target. When no shot was fired or yell heard, he slowly entered the corridor and crept forward, using the dumpsters and stacked crates as visual cover. He would lean out, check to see if the area was clear, and then move silently to the next bit of cover. He freezed when he heard voices, then he slowly moved forward again, wanting to catch what was being said.

"Ah, there we are[.] Come now, you didn't actually think that trick would work, eh? Surely, someone with your track record could've come up with something a bit more...interesting,"

Although Oldin mentally took down what was being said, he used the vocal noise as his chance to continue to close in. So, this guy had been trying to hide from something. There was really no way the Colonel could know that the hostile interloper had surprised the man (Solo) as well. Using the continued conversation as aural cover, he got fairly close to the group. He saw the three heavily armed beings, guns aimed at the man and the Wookie.

"I don't think so[.] The boss is never wrong, Solo. You killed his brother...Crimson Jack. And now he's looking to return the favor. Ironic, eh?"

Solo? Why was that name familiar? And Crimson Jack? Then it

7. kit-kenobi

kit-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2007
    IC: Jace Valo
    Aboard The Crimson Phoenix aka the Maroon Mantigrue, Korriban

Jace looked down at the Mimbanite, "I was assuming we would not simply be able to fly away with the target, and that we will most likely have to blast our way of imperial space, which will require me to be manning one of the turrets. Meaning I won't be there to protect you." Jace took off his helmet and placed it in his arm. "Not that I would," he spat.

Jace turned back to the captain of ship and waited a response to his original question.

TAG: Kev, Nick

8. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: Artemis Kano Eldritch; 9 AU from the Planet Naboo; Aboard the Lucretia's Reflection

The slow dinging melody of the music echoing in his ship, complemented the scene outside. The wrecked hull of a luxury cruiser, struck by and asteroid with a cloud of flash frozen atmosphere, fuel and other liquids from liquors to blood, swirling around it, driven by the solar winds of Naboo's distant sun. The tragic scene had been played out nearly a decade ago, and the ship had never been recovered, nor looted. After the bodies had been removed, the vessel was just left to drift and its location not published. Nubians most likely thought that was the respectable thing to do. Some research and calculations of the vessels last known speed allowed him to pin point within just a few thousand kilometers where the ship lay. However with the chance of expensive art pieces, credits left in drawers and gilded relics, he wasn't going to give a second though of tearing the ship open. He had gotten into the hanger with his drones and mechanical arms and hauled out two damaged, yet salvageable N-1T starfighters. Stripped down, their hyperdrive and engines would be marketable, and the chromium finish was still valuable. He planned to return with an environment suit and try to remove furniture and other decor from inside the vessel.

Now, however, he had been away from Rochester for over nine-hours, and he always worried when he left the station for extended periods of time. The large industrial vessel's bays closed, and swung wide as it pulled away from the debris field. Its engines glowed and once clear of the wreckage, leapt into hyperspace.

Around thirty minutes later, he reverted from his jump a dozen kilometers from his base. The computer mind of the base recognized his industrial ship and lowered the bases defenses. Within another five minutes he was docked with the station, and droids began to remove the salvaged debris from the Lucretia' and move them into the workshops, where they would be torn down and categorically put in storage. The computer would put the parts on his station's Holonet site and advertise their value, based on current market prices. In the meantime, he would retire with a fresh brewed mug of stemcaf and gaze into the nebula and the stars being born within.

As he reclined in the oversized chair in his living room, listening to the Twi'lek vocalist of some Spacial Dusk group, of a name he could not recall at the time:
    ..I have offered, I have changed, but I'll
    remain, still remain:
    So lost without,
    Borrowed for a day.
    Living's not the same..

He didn't like to have moments of self-pity; after all, he was alive and doing quite well for himself. But, time-and-again his mind would wander, spurred by an image or a set of lyrics, back in time considering what he could have done different. The last time he had cared for anyone was over a dozen years ago, and then when placed under the gun, he virtually sold them all out, and saved his neck. He wondered if she had wasted away in a cell on some backwater prison planet, or had met her end at the end of a execution squad. They had just been seeing each other, and he wouldn't say he had fallen for her-- Or, perhaps he had, it seemed so long ago, and he had tried to push it from his mind. After that, though he knew many beings on Tuttin IV, he never could call them friends. And if his record was any note, he wasn't to be considered one.

He drifted off to sleep, odd thoughts swirling in his head, and a computer to wake him if any vessels approached.

TAG: Anyone and No One; Everywhere and Anywhere

9. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Vincent Mikaru
    Forests of Yavin IV, about 500 meters from the Rosary

The Forests of the fourth moon of Yavin were dense, not so dense that you can't move through them, but dense enough that after Vincent had pressed his shuttle into that small clearing, the canopy had all but covered up his shuttle. Good for now, bad for takeoff later if he wasn't careful.

Right now Vincent was pushing through the forest, lightsaber in his right hand, unactivated, but ready should the need arise to cut a path, or kill a predator. Aside from some sort of avian creature above the canopy it was quiet, eerily quiet. As if the creatures of the world were afraid of something, and Vincent was sure he knew.

Somewhere in orbit, he felt it, a powerful presence in the Force. Probably far more powerful than he, and as such, Vincent was trying to suppress his presence to keep whoever or what ever it was from detecting him. Only time would tell if he was skilled enough to do so. Until then, Vincent pressed on.

He was looking for something, anything that the Sith might show interest in. A temple, a ruin, anything, if he was lucky he might actually stumble across where they were digging. Then it would just be an act of stealing some of whatever they had found. Sure, it was probably just going to a be a pin prick to a Krayt Dragon. But if he was lucky, very lucky. He might steal something damaging for the Sith. It was all he could hope for.

Tag: Sinre? Anyone on Yavin IV?

- - -

Morva
    Firestar, En Route to Contruum.

Morva wasn't an idiot, by far. He wasn't just going to fly into Contruum and blow crap up. No, they'd scan the direction he came from, check against records and he'd find himself with a Bounty on his head. No, he decided to throw them off. In fact, according to his Nav Computer he had passed Contruum half an hour ago. All according to plan.

The Firestar dropped out of hyperspace roughly between Aquaris and Obroa-skai, but outside of Imperial space. There wasn't anything near by, no systems, no ships, no hyperspace lanes, if it wasn't for the coordinates in his Nav Computer he would probably be lost right now.

Turning the ship around about 140 degrees to starboard, the rough general direction of Contruum, Morva began making a few preparations. Firstly he shut off his identification beacon. Without it, any scanners would just display him as an unregistered ship, illegal yes, but he didn't care. Then he pulled up records of Contruum.

Zooming in on the northern continent, his target area he looked at the data. He selected four targets, the Governmental headquarters, Archives, the local militia HQ and a near by Communications array. The last two because they counted towards his job, and would hinder the planets defenses, and with communications down, they'd have time to argue over exactly how his ship looked, until he hoped it would just be a generic Skipray.

He fed the target data into his targeting computer, so that when the time came, all he had to do was pull the trigger four times, and the torpedoes would seek out their targets. Proton torpedoes may be overkill in this case, but if you wanted a demolition job done, a 1.5 kiloton Baradium charge would do the job.

Satisfied that he had everything he could plan for ready, he cued up the hyperdrive and selected the coordinates for Contruum. ?Time to cause fireworks.? he said quietly to himself before activating the hyperdrive and launching the Firestar into hyperspace.

Tag: No one

10. Whill_I_Am

Whill_I_Am Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    IC: Gjorgji
    Sienar's Pub -- Imperial Center

The Gamorrean snorted between his tusks and listened as the rodian explained his detailed mercenary history. Before long, the rodian had finally stopped talking and it was Gjorgji's turn to start speaking. As if Gaph could understand him, Gjorgji continued to snort and grunt and squeal, holding up several meaty digits, a total numbering about 6.

"Gjorgji has been away from home about six years. Got lotsa contracts to work with Imperials on Naboo. That's how Gjorgji get his ship." He makes flying motions with his hands and squeals, almost sounding like a hyperdrive... if it were a pig.

TAG: Gaph Tetsu

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    IC :: Kev-Mas Colcha and Brinlon Vosk
    The Crimson Phoenix aka the Maroon Mantigrue

"As much as I'd love to have all four of us waltzing in," said Kev-Mas, "We need some way to get out of there, and if anything, Jace, it should be as much of an honor for you to co-pilot my ship as it is for Brinlon to Pilot it. You will still have access to the warhead launchers from those seats, however, and there is enough advanced concussion missiles and proton torpedoes to down a squadron of TIE Fighters."

"And we won't be needing our weapons on the ship," added Brinlon, "As Kev-Mas isn't the kind of guy to capture his quarry without subduing them - he used to hunt Jedi during the Purge."

"Indeed," agreed Kev-Mas, "We will leave for Coruscant when we all have our disguises and uniforms put on. Our disguises are in the Cargo Bay. I will get them, and you are to put them on before the uniforms. Talk amongst yourselves while I go and retrieve them."

With that, Kev-Mas left for the cargo bay.

"So, guys," said Brinlon to the other two, "What do you think of the ship so far?"

TAG :: kit-kenobi, NickLitYouAflame

OOC :: The interior, is sorta like this, except with different decor, and no torches. Styled much like a cross between the interior of a Star Destroyer and a YT-class Freighter.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Streets, Coruscant

A single, radiant bolt of power shot out of the end of Han's blaster and found its mark in the form of the muscle-bound human. The man staggered, clutching the burning hole in his stomach, before crying out in agony and falling to the duracrete surface in a wriggling mess of nerves and limbs. It wasn't a pleasant sight, but it was the price these goons will pay for messing with Han and the Wook.

Ignoring the incapacitated man's moans, Han shifted his aim to the two aliens, who were currently looking at each other in stunned disbelief at their companion's predicament. But before Han could take care of their sorry hides, the Weequay's midsection suddenly exploded as a blaster bolt ripped through his flesh from behind. The Togorian soon followed suite as he took the brunt of a second blaster bolt to the neck. The all-too familiar smell of singed flesh and fur filled the air as the duo clattered to the ground in a lifeless heap.

Han gaped, looking first to his own blaster and then to Chewie. Neither of them were in the position to have fired on the aliens from that angle. Either someone was looking out for them or someone decided they wanted to collect on the prize. As the possibilities quickly ran through his head, Han noticed a figure step forward to cover the entranceway. There was no mistaking the stark-white uniform the man was wearing and Han soon realized the Imp, Oldin, had followed them after all.

The Imp was met with a scowl, but that's all Han had time for. They weren't in the clear yet and there was still the issue of the pig-faced ring leader who had tracked him in the first place. Turning back to the man in question, who was currently scampering down the alleyway in an attempt to escape, Han cursed and bolted forward, just barely catching the man by the arm and spinning him about so that his back slammed into the nearby wall hard enough to knock the breath from his lungs. Funny how all these clowns lost their nerve after a few shots were fired.

"I-I was just follow--following orders!" the man stammered through ragged breaths, squirming under the smuggler's grip as he held him firmly in place. He shifted his gaze to the side before allowing a weak smile to appear on his bloated lips. "I-It's nothing...p-personal."

Han's glare only deepened as the man started to spew excuses, obviously trying to save his pathetic life. "You made it personal when you showed up with a blaster pointed at my head. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't end everything right now. It'll save us both a lot of trouble," Han smiled, pushing the blaster closer to the man's temple to get him to speak.

Following the movement of the blaster with his eyes, the man shook his head vigorously in the negative. "N-No...n-no," he pleaded. "P-please don't do that, Solo."

"Then how 'bout a deal," Han offered with a slight quirk of his lip. Ever since the man had mentioned the name 'Crimson Jack,' Han's mind had been reeling. The old pirate had been dead for close to five years now, having been too slow on the draw during a final showdown with Han above the surface of Drexel II. It didn't make any sense for any surviving relatives to be hunting him down now after all that time. Then again, did ghosts really need an excuse to come back from the past to haunt you?

The man seemed to ease a bit at the mention of a deal. "W-what sort of deal?" he questioned, eyes narrowing.

"You tell me who this 'boss' of yours is," he began, keeping the blaster pressed against the man's temple in case he tried anything. "And I'll let you go so you can inform him about how much of a failure you are and that messing with Han Solo is a real bad idea. Got it?"

There was no time for him to even consider and instead, he was bobbing his head in agreement almost instantly. "S-sure, sure," he paused, eyes scanning the corridor as if he was searching for anyone that may overhear. He returned his beady gaze to Han and his voice dropped to a near whisper. "He goes by the name 'C

13. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Drox Vrieska
    Coruscant Streets

Drox stood sipping his Green Galaxy, in the same position Oldin had left him. Drox followed the man?s path to none other than Han Solo. Drox didn?t move. Solo hated bugs and Drox wasn?t going to tangle with him, least of all his the Wookiee, Chewbacca. Drox had only met Han Solo once, and not even directly, but he was a living legend to smugglers.

Drox stared suspiciously as Solo walked up and left in a huff. His compound eyes narrowed even further when the Colonel followed after a few seconds time. Drox sat his drink on the bar and glanced over at Gaph and Gjorgji. He shrugged and stepped towards the door. Pushing it open, Drox left the cantina. He glanced at his chrono. He had time.

Drox pushed his way carefully through the crowd. He tried to find Oldin, but came up empty. Drox nearly stumbled past a maintenance alley, but his eyes caught it through his peripherals. Suddenly, he heard a shot and a flash of white disappear down around the corner.

Drox rushed forward, his right hand ripping free his blaster. Two more shots were fired and Drox spun around the corner. He found Oldin, Solo and Chewbacca with their guns drawn. But, their faces were mostly quizzical, suggesting confusion. Three figures were slumped over, but he recognized a human and a Weequay. The other was a large furred alien, but Drox didn?t recognize it.

Drox lowered his gun. Solo asked a good question,
    "What's your story?" Drox didn?t say anything, for there was nothing to say. He did, however, move into the open and walked forward. At his position, everyone could see him and his blaster. His hands held out to his side slightly and he stood tentatively.

Tag: Yammka and Solo

14. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    IC: Preston Darmal

"I'm here as a safe haven between jobs, as you guessed it, a Bounty Hunter. Do not worry though, your not on my list and I make it a point to never try to collect on friendly acquantices. Besides your stake must not be that high since I don't recognize you, although these days everyone seems to have a bounty on their heads, merely depends on which sides wanted postings you paruse."

Preston was about to saw something when he heard a small beep coming from the bounty hunter, who then tried to covertly check a datapad or something he didn't really get a good look at it and it didn't look as though he was going to pull a weapon out or anything.

"So, what's your take on this current three way conflict? Personally I can't tell who to follow, I only know the Empire isn't correct, so I stick with the anonymos roles where justice is sovern and creed or color yet does not reign supremely overshadowing the lives of the simple and pure."

A difficult question to answer well, and again Preston did not feel like indulging into his small connection with the Alliance, instead he chose to with the most neutral response that he could think of, which was what he thought most freelancers thought of the current situation.

"Well there is no right side, I try to go with whoever pays the most for a job, either way I think this war is going to be here for awhile, anonymous jobs can pay well I suppose and keeps us out of the larger factions eyes, for now at least."

Preston turned around and saw two craft take off from the space port, he wondered whether they belonged to the people from the cantina but they only seemed to look interesting not much else. Though he did note that one of the ships taking of was of Nubian design, something you didn't see on Tatooine very often, he was used to seeing them on his home world of Naboo, such an elegant design, usually weapon less but demons of speed nevertheless.

"Hmph a Nubian craft, not something you see here very often, I wonder why it was here. How about that other craft did you get a glimpse of that? I guess I was too mesmerised by that sleek Nubian craft."

He let out a small noise that was a mixture of a grunt and a laugh.

"How about you, what do you fly?"

TAG: Mitth, Any

15. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Gaph Tetsu
    Sienar's Pub -- Imperial Center

Gaph nodded and pretended to understand what the Gammorean was saying. It was something about him either being 6 years old, which seemed highly unlikely, that he had six space ships, which also seemed highly unlikely, or, the most plausible explanation was that the pig had been away from home for six years, and at some point he had earned or stole the ship he was flying.

As Gaph was running the possibilities through his mind, and drinking more beer, a Correllian and a Wookie, who he thought seemed awful familiar from a bounty posting not too long ago...Solo he thought it was, then, as if trailing the previous two, the ISB officer left. Drox, the Verpine, deliberately looked at them and shrugged, following the first three as well.

"Oi mate, think somethin's up?" He said, jerking his head towards the Verpine as the door closed behind him. "Never a good sign when an ISB officer tails you out of a bar. Usually means you're wanted...means there's a bounty on your head." Gaph finished his beer and slammed the glass down, He drew his pistol from it's position behind his back, and spun it around his finger a few times. "Up for a walk friend? You know, if we paired up we could go far, I'm quick and you're big, what say we go find out what kind of price is on that guys head...I'll take the guy with the blaster, you get the Wookie. What'dya say?"

Tag: Whill

16. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Mandator-II Class Star Dreadnaught ? Ascension | In orbit of Imperial Centre
    Grand Admiral Randal Duflin

A flicker of light from his computer screen caught the corner of Randal?s eye. A message warning had arrived from Captain Leeds. Putting down his datapad, Randal moved his monitor to a better position, allowing a better angle for his eyes to see.

?Yes Captain Leeds, what is it?? asked the Admiral.

?Sir, the officers you?ve requested have all docked and are making their way up to your ready room,? replied Captain Leeds.

?Very well, have them join me in my ready room when they arrive.? Clicking off the feed to the communiqué, the Admiral moved himself away from his desk, instead taking a position looking out the viewport on the far end of the room. It was not a moment later that the first of his captains arrived from the rest of the ships in his fleet. He greeted them all one by one, offering each of them a seat at the main table. Soon after, the door opened again, this time two new faces entered the room. Both of the female officers came into the room, and saluted the Admiral.

?Captains Savanche and Stavus, it is a pleasure to finally meet the two of you. Please have a seat. We shall be starting the meeting just as soon as the last member of this mission arrives.?

With a nod of approval from the both of the captains, each took a seat at the main table and began talking among the other captains in attendance. Randal found it appealing that two of his officers were of the female sex. He had always found women to be of equals to that of men, yet he did not see them in command as much as they probably should. He always had held their abilities and insight to be most valuable during his time as an admiral. He had always admired those whom displayed their intelligence and mental abilities to the fullest. It was for these same qualities that Randal had fallen for Lucrecia in the first place. She was by far the smartest person he had even met, and she was not afraid to show it to the world. He loved that quality about her more than anything else.

Finally, the last member of the briefing arrived. His appearance still took him by surprise, but Randal did not let it outwardly show. It wasn?t that Randal was xenophobic by any means, but it was still quite different for him to see anyone mixed origins such as Lavos to become such a high ranking officer in any branch of the Imperial Military or Intelligence. Still, his history was stellar, if not the most exceptional Randal had ever seen. This was a man whose devotion to the New Order proved that he was worth of respect and praise from his fellow peers. Randal?s face flashed a completely honest grin. He was glad to have this man on his side.

?Chief Inspector Lavos, it is my pleasure to meet you finally. Welcome to the Ascension.?

He just then remembered reading Captain Leeds? report on the arrival of Inspector Lavos. Leeds reported that Lavos had decloaked right in front of the bridge of the ship. The thought crossed his mind that what he felt outside his window was infact lavos in his ship. It would not have surprised him if he was right about this, but it did not matter.

?Please take a seat.? Turning back to the others at the table, he made sure that everyone was ready before beginning. ?Now then, let uss get down to business. As you all are aware, we are currently at a state of war with the illegitimate faction known as the Sith. Currently, they are laying claim to the worlds that are in the Deep Core, many of which were former Imperial worlds. Byss, Khomm, and N?zoth are just some of the planets that have been lost to this false regime. Our current mission will send us towards the deep core. However, since this is a recon mission, we shall not be sending in the entire fleet for scouting purposes. In order to be as effective as possible, we shall be sending in limited forces to the individual planets for the initial probing. However, should the need arise, the rest of the fleet will b

17. AvatarOfYunYammka

Dec 30, 2007
    Colonel Trins Oldin
    Streets, Imperial Center

Oldin rushed after Solo, but not too closely. He assumed the man was chasing after the leader of the attackers and cstching up to him quite quickly as well. Keeping his blaster drawn, but lowered, the Colonel remained a couple yards behind Solo as the impromptu interrogation occurred. Although he had heard of Crimson Jack, Trins knew nothing about this 'Captain Blood' character. although it sounded like the clicheic name of some supervillain on a childrens' holo. Silently, Oldin agreed with Solo's decision to let the small fish get away once the information was received... no reason to be brutal, especially if you got what you needed.

As Solo turned back to him, Oldin holtered his pistol and clasped his hands together in front of his belly (nearly non-existent since he was in good physical shape) in the, hopefully, universal gesture of 'I just want to talk, let's keep it friendly'. Quickly glancing around the alley, he noticed the Verpine, who was also apparently armed. These kinds of situations could turn deadly...well, in fact, it already had, but so far, the only casualties were the so-called 'bad guys'.

"What's your story?"

Oldin chuckled slightly, "If you mean my life story, that'll take a bit of time. If you mean why I'm here, you were acting suspiciously in the pub and I decided to follow you. Lucky for you I did," he said truthfully. As he was thinking about what else to say, a disturbing throught crossed his mind.

"Gentleman," he motioned to Solo, the Wookie and the Verpine, "We had better get out of here. Those guys may have friends around here, not to mention our little gunplay may have attracted attention." To Solo, he asked, "You have a safe place to put down?"

TAG: Solo, Nick, anyone else

18. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Drox Vrieska
    Coruscanti Streets

Drox still had his hand on his blaster. He perked up at the question directed at Solo. Slightly raising his empty hand, he said, ?I?ve got a ship back at the Westport, if you need to get away right now.? Drox glanced briefly at Solo. He knew how shady characters were and he figured that that plan wouldn?t go over well. Especially considering his species and Han?s biased opinion of insectoids.

Drox lowered hand and glanced between the other three. He was faintly aware that he was only loosely connected to this predicament. In fact, it had been his curiosity that had gotten him stuck with a possible fugitive of the Empire and a soldier in that same government. Drox nearly side, but couldn?t risj losing his focus.

Tag: Solo and Yammka

[b]Of [color=firebrick]Rune Fanuc
    [i]The Crimson Phoenix, Korriban[/color][/i][/b]

[i]Rune leveled with Visk, in his quiet and aloof voice. Glancing around the room, he spoke with a twinge of disgust plaguing his words.[/i] [color=firebrick][b]?I dislike space travel, Vosk. In fact, I only tolerate it, because my Master commands I travel to many a location.?[/b][/color]

[i]Rune turned around, surveying the décor. He was reminded of a lair. Coming full circle, Rune amended his previous, brash statement.[/i] [color=firebrick][b]?It certainly has a unique style.?[/b][/color]

[b]Tag: [i][color=firebrick]kit and Kev[/color][/i][/b]

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: The Myth, aka Horido Riisar

"Well there is no right side, I try to go with whoever pays the most for a job, either way I think this war is going to be here for awhile, anonymous jobs can pay well I suppose and keeps us out of the larger factions eyes, for now at least."

Standing there he began to feel an itch, it probably was nothing, turning a glance back as the other spoke he noticed a Ranat peaking around the corner. Stupid thing barely rated sentience in his book, it couldn't wait a half hour for its fifty creds. Pulling out the cred chip he held it in his hand behind his back and force pushed it to fly into the Ranat. Who despite lower intellegence was able to nimbly snatch the flying coin out of the air before scampering off to who knows where.

"Hmph a Nubian craft, not something you see here very often, I wonder why it was here. How about that other craft did you get a glimpse of that? I guess I was too mesmerised by that sleek Nubian craft." "How about you, what do you fly?"

Bringing his mind back to the conversation with the Zabrak, "No, didn't catch it." Yet, he thought with a curl of his snout, "I fly a Lambda myself. Good ship, any tips for someone between jobs for some extra creds?" It was the only question he had left for this individual that could be asked civily without forced answers.

TAG: Star, Any

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Streets, Coruscant

The man chuckled, his sense of humor obviously not having an effect on Han as he explained the situation in the pub and how Han had looked suspicious. Well, what did he expect? He was just a spacer minding his own business when an Imp officer came outta nowhere to question him. It wasn't exactly how anyone would want to start their day.

But as the man rambled on, Han caught another flash of movement out of the corner of his eye. His gaze shifted for a moment to notice the Verpine from the bar saunter his way into the corridor. Great, everything just got a whole lot worse. Instead of just dealing with someone trying to kill him, he now had to put up with a creepy crawly. Han inwardly shuddered and purposely diverted his eyes away to return his atttention to Oldin. Maybe if he didn't look at it, it'll go away.

Missing the rest of what the Imp was saying due to the unwanted bug, Han seemed to tune back in right when the man was addressing him directly. "You have a safe place to put down?"

Han shrugged casually, trying not to make a big deal out of the whole situation, but he knew he had the perfect spot to run. In fact, the old girl never let him down in all the years he'd owned her. She'd get 'em out of this scrape. "I might be--"

?I?ve got a ship back at the Westport, if you need to get away right now.? the Verpine chittered before Han had a chance to finish his sentence.

No matter how much it repulsed him, Han returned his gaze to the bug and speared it with a hard glare. "Of course I wanna get out of here right away," Han shot back as if he was talking to a child. "But I ain't going anywhere in your ship." His eyes flicked questioningly towards Oldin. "Maybe our Imp friend over there would like to ride with you, but I got my own mode of transportation." Finally holstering the blaster that he was still holding in his grip, Han stepped forward and raised his brow as he addressed both man and bug. "Ever hear of the Millennium Falcon? She's the ship you wanna be on if you're facing twerps like that." He gestured to the dead bodies piled on the duracrete, hoping to make his point clear.

TAG: Oldin, Drox, Any

21. AvatarOfYunYammka

Dec 30, 2007
    Colonel Trins Oldin
    Streets, Imperial Center

Trins noticed Solo's apparent distaste for the Verpine. Perhaps later, he would ask about that. Maybe he had a run in with one in the past or something. It was interesting how, when dealing with non-human species, some people seemed to judge an entire species on the actions of one or two. Although the Empire and its leadership had been infamous for its anti-humanism and the Colonel had been indoctrinated in that spiel when he was younger, he had never quite understood humanocentrism. After all, many alien cultures had long and prestigious histories.

"Maybe our Imp friend over there would like to ride with you, but I got my own mode of transportation. Ever hear of the Millennium Falcon? She's the ship you wanna be on if you're facing twerps like that."

Nodding at Han's words, Trins replied, "Assuming our friends here," he motioned to the corpses of the recent attackers, "...have backup in the area, what do you think the odds are that they have your ship under surveillance. This certainly does not seem like a random hit, but one that was planned out beforehand. Perhaps we should take my ship?" Maybe Solo would be more amenable to that idea.

Turning to the Verpine, the Colonel decided to be truthful, "My friend, thank you for the backup you offered, but I would highly recommend you not get involved any further. You should probably forget this whole thing, maybe return to the pub and try to come up with an excuse lest those other guys we met try to get involved, you know what I mean?"

TAG: Solo, Nick, anyone else

22. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Drox Vrieska
    Coruscanti Streets

Drox cocked his head and blinked. He didn?t appreciate Oldin suggesting he leave out of everything. Drox?s interest was piqued. He shook his head and said, ?Not a chance, Colonel. Now, I may not look it, but I?m growing rather seasoned. I?m not going to miss out when I can.?

Drox twirled his blaster and stepped backwards and then paced for a bit. He turned and spoke with his hands. ?I?m sure our hasty departures have already alerted Gjorgji and Gaph. If we?re lucky, we can hightail it to the Westport, collect my droid and then make off in what ship is deemed proper. How does that sit with the both of you? ah the three of you.?

Drox dropped his arms to his side and turned his head, scrutinizing Oldin with his compound eye. Drox would?ve smiled had he lips and the muscle necessary, but with only a pair of mandibles, he was content to click them together.

Tag: Solo, Yammka

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    IC as Kane Lavos, briefing room aboard the Ascension

Byss. He knew so little of the world; Palpatine had kept the resort planet such a secret, and only now did a few perturbing rumours circulate in the Ubiqtorate, filtering like so many dust motes to the relatively grunt-like Intelligence field agents.

Kane Lavos was not a man accustomed to fear - not to much of anything save that icy anger these days - but he noted a peculiar chill creeping up his spine all the same.

This wasn't some simple 'infiltrate then bust' run on the Outer Rim; or a rebel cell spilling over with fools drunk and blinded with their own sophoric idealism: these Sith were something else. Mysteriously powerful courtiers armed with Palpatine's power but none of His wisdom or majesty. Viscious animals who could be predictable only in their cruelty and lust for power.

Kane Lavos was glad he was the one going, for there were few else he'd trust. All the same, the chill remained.

Shaking it off, he moved forward slightly and turned his mind back to the Admiral, whom he had held in a polite yet strong gaze since the briefing began.

"Only one question, Admiral. I need to know what parameters I'll be operating under. I can see you've outlined a simple snoop and scoot, but do I have authorisation to act on targets of opportunity? You also mention favourable conditions to bring the fleet in, but what exactly are those? Does the Emperor have a threshold in mind when it comes to potential opposition force in play before he'll commit the brave men-" he paused and flicked his gaze meaningfully to the other assembled patriots "and women of your fleet to battle?"

He lent back, fixing his datapad on his lap and adjusting a tab on the screen.

"Beyond those considerations, I'm mission ready and ready to execute on your command."

TAG: Thok (just a quickie before we can get our hands dirty ;) )

24. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Fedar Sen

The admiral's obvious preoccupation caused Fedar to to back away and leave the speech chamber. He then proceeded to walk into the main hanger and check up on his fighter, it had a few scars from some of the tougher battles he'd been in but it was still in remarkable shape considering the missions he'd flow in. "Well if we do get any orders I'm sure he'll be able to reach me." he added.

He was just about to hop into his fighter and take off when he noticed Commander and Bilt and Lieutenant Eginhart. "Lieutenant, Commander, how's it going?" he said over the top of his cockpit, waving his hand so they could notice him a bit easier. "Quite the speech eh? No wonder Leia chose him to be part of the Triumvirate, seems to be more of a politician sometimes than a warrior, then again who am I to say." he added as he climbed down for his fighter. "So any of you know whether there have been any new campaigns planned?" he added walking over to the pair, anxious to get into another rumble with the Empire. He hated to admit it but it was fun for him to blast enemy fighter apart.

TAG: JEDIGUNSHIP, SwordoftheJedi

25. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Morva
    Exiting Hyperspace Outer Reaches of Contruum System

Contruum was a very well to do system. One of the more wealthy non core worlds you would expect a bit more of a defense than what 'Corellia' had mentioned. But it seemed rather under-defended. And Morva was in a starfighter many considered a capital ship. Sure, it was missing Two ion cannons and its turret, but it boasted two laser cannons that normally weren't there. And her shields were still those of a normal Skipray.

Thats why Morva was rather confident he could complete this mission and get out in safety. Otherwise, 300,000 wouldn't be worth this kind of mission. Morva activated his Ion Engines keeping them under the normal speed for the system for now. It wouldn't take long though for them to notice that he wasn't broadcasting any identification. Then He'd gun it, in and out. Thats all he needed to do, all he planed on doing.

Contruum was about to become a party.

Tag: no one/anybody near by?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.