1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

RPR Archive The Shattered Galaxy: OOC Commentary / GM Triumvirate thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Knight

star 3
    Im still here, but as the CSA, theres not much to do right now, just waiting on orders
  2. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I'll go out of my way and say that I am willing to GM this, as GM, not an attached element that also happens to be last. I'll be pushing plots along, adopting a system where I'll PM everyone when I update, and moving towards a story ending, rather than a sandbox, for a spell.

Equally, however, I'm content to push this to a point and then hand something over to someone else.

Most likely, I'll be paving towards a less-AU storyline, mind you, with an abbreviated time line included to make that more clear. But that's my style as a GM - I'm not going to do this and put something together which blows holes in the overall story.

*shrugs*

I'm honest, when it comes to AU. :p

Opinions?
  3. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    I think that we should try to stick to the storyline as much as possible; changing important things now could really mess everything up.
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I'd change very little. Beyond the background information and a couple of CS bits, this fits perfectly into canon where it is. Just depose Iceheart for a spell, and you have our good Emperor with Imperial Knights in tow. The warlords ally, and make the Sith. The Alliance is the Alliance, with Leia pressed into a position to teach more Jedi after Dark Jedi Shadowspawn nearly conquered the galaxy, and pushed the Alliance back into the Mid and Outer Rim.

No storyline modifications, beyond continuing the momentum we have.
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    That sounds like a plan to me.

At this point, I'm assuming that Jello no longer wants to GM this game? If that's the case, I think you have a pretty set path in place to take up the reigns. As long as you're willing to do it, I'm behind you 100%.
  6. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Well, I'll admit I haven't heard from Jello, but he hasn't been in this thread, so I assumed he wasn't up for playing anymore, as he hasn't posted.
  7. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    I also think it sounds like a good idea.

I just need to get Jad onto a different starship. Any Imperials looking for an officer?
  8. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I can sort out things for your character, ramza. None too difficult to achieve. Make things interesting for you, one hopes.
  9. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    It'll be difficult to keep this game running with so few people left; a game this size cannot function very well with only a few people. It might be time to recruit new players so that we can boost our numbers again.
  10. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    I feel really bad for abandoning this without notice. It was a combination of DRL, forgetfulness, and confusion within the storyline.

I'll have to say that I'd love to come back with Capt. Stavus. She was a fun character, but I think I might have to re-post a CS and expand on her history and personality. I'm not sure how active I can be (things are coming up that'll keep me busy) but if I try, I think I can get at least one post per week minimum. And if I forget, just PM me about a billion times.

If you're willing to forgive my disappearance, as I said, I'd love to come back. I'll just need a bit of an update as to what's going on, as I was really confused when I left.
  11. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    6-8 players is more than enough. There are a few who simply don't post in the Resource who may want to play, after all, so 6-8 is minimum.
  12. MaruKyuu Jedi Padawan

Well, real life reamed me. But I'm back. What did I miss?
  13. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Welcome back, MaruKyuu ! Things have been slow lately, but we're starting to put things back together. :)

As for the number of players, I agree that I don't think it's an issue. We seem to have a solid base posting here already plus, once we get rolling, I'm sure others will return. I think we should be fine.
  14. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Alrighty. I'll be assembling TAGs for everyone by tomorrow, and then PMing everyone. I'll be going through a few PMs to a few of the players who haven't commented in here, and who I'll be needing as characters.

Are there any objections to me taking this on, before I go to all this effort? :p
  15. Senator_Varanii Jedi Knight

star 1
    Would love to have Sythan not do anything dumb with a good clean record and such....it would be a good start and Ill help any way I can :)
  16. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Well, here's my summary of the events leading up to TSG, with the canon tidbits...

Between Lord Shadowspawn Return and Death in 5.5 ABY

- Lord Shadowspawn reconquers Inner Rim
    - Dark Jedi reap power within the Empire as they assist the Empire in reconquering key worlds within the Core and Colonies
    - Alliance moves it's main base back to the Forest Moon of Endor, and secures the Mid and Outer Rims
    - The Alliance kills Lord Shadowspawn at the Battle of Mindor, and are poised to recapture systems they had lost months prior to Shadowspawn

Between Mindor and 6 ABY

- Within a day of Shadowspawns death, the Dark Jedi attempt to consolidate their power on Coruscant
    - Two days after Mindor, an Imperial fleet lead by Admiral Iaius Jello takes a habitation sphere with a superlaser slaved to it - an impromptu Death Star - and attacks the Endor system in a surprise attack, devastating the Alliance Command
    - At the Battle of Endor, the Empire destroys the Home One and Redemption, and Mon Mothma and Ackbar are missing, presumed dead, crippling the Alliance for months, despite the habitation sphere being destroyed in the battle
    - The Imperial populace declare Iaius the new Emperor, who consolidates his power by marrying the Emperor's niece, and the numerous Dark Jedi abandon Coruscant
    - Rogue Imperial warlords and rogue nations form alliances with these Dark Jedi, now calling themselves Sith, and carve out an Order in the Deep Core and Outer Rim
    - An unknown Imperial element strikes at Mandalore and scatters the Mandalorians, the current Mandalore and the heir apparent - Fett - going missing.
    - The crippled Alliance reforms into a triumvirate to keep it intact, which immediately falls into distrust of each other

6 ABY

- The Shattered Galaxy takes place

Thoughts? It's background shuffling, but more or less every Battle of Endor reference is the battle where Emperor Jello personally ruined the Alliance and founded his dynasty with a shrewd marriage. I think it makes him sound cooler, myself. :cool:/>
  17. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Interesting. Lest anyone get the wrong impression, I should preface this post by saying I haven't lost interest--I'll explain that further below. I'm still very interested in the game and would like to continue to run it, but I am heartened by the independent interest you guys have shown in keeping it afloat and would like to take all your ideas into consideration.

The game has been and will continue to be a group effort.

You were waiting for me? I was assuming you were waiting on Thok, since I'd all but given the go-ahead for you. If you want me to skip ahead to Lumiya's arrival, that's fine with me.

I'd checked the game thread daily, hoping for something from Thok or KevMas (both of whom were supposed to direct my plotline, but neglected to respond to PMs) but I didn't come into RPR. I'm not an RPR person, which is why the best way to reach me is to just PM me directly. Suffice it to say that I'm still deeply attached to this game, and have in fact been perplexed by the inactivity.

At any rate, I'm still heavily in favor of sandbox play so long as we can get activity rolling up again. I've not given up on the game--and in fact had assumed that others had. But if we're all still interested, there's nothing stopping us.

We could try hashing out better plotlines or stories though. However, that kind of created a choking point because I was unable to do anything else with my characters will I was waiting for others--the Emperor was awaiting posts from Thok to bring Sinre in, and the Princess was awaiting posts from the Sith kidnapping team (so was PoT's character, for that matter).

So what's called for, I think, is a list of characters and players who can continue playing and we can coördinate plotlines between them, even if we have to eliminate some earlier plots (like this whole kidnapping thing that fell through for me).

Sinre, if you've drafted some plot ideas we can try to incorporate them anyway. You were already acting as de-facto Alliance GM, so we don't have to toss any work you've already put in. Feel free to send them my way or post them in here for discussion.

If you think it would help, though, you can try directly running whichever factions you want to (or whichever want to be directly run). I'm committed to running the Empire on an IC basis but I have no problems with letting the other factions be less sandboxed if that's what the players of those factions would prefer. I'm flexible, and part of freeform RPing is letting people be directed when they want to be. So we can take the best of both and meld them together, if necessary.
  18. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, my character Kane Lavos has been playing on all the rides at Palpy land for some 3 weeks now. He's getting mighty bored. :p

Perhaps folks can just PM whomsoever they're waiting on to get the ball rolling again?
  19. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Well, I've already PMed Sinre about our plotline and I expect we'll get that straightened up almost immediately.

The kidnapping plotline--which used to involve multiple players on the Sith side--had atrophied to just one participant even before the game had its one month hiatus, so I don't think it'd be productive to continue it. I'm open to have her interact with anyone who's available.

So I'll make my own little list thingie, and feel free to add yourself as necessary, using the quote feature to use these markups as a model:

I'm taking the liberty of adding one of Sinre's characters just as another example, and he'll add the rest of his and so forth.

GrandAdmiralJello:
    • Emperor Iaius (interacting with Sinre's Lumiya)

• Princess Arya (FREE)

Sinrebirth
    • Lady Lumiya (interacting with Jello's Emperor)

• insert other characters here

Someone else
    • Character the First (interacting with Bob)

• character the second (FREE)

• character the third (FREE)

(please fill in the "someone else" example with an actual name when it's your turn :p )/>/>
  20. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6

GrandAdmiralJello:

• Princess Arya (FREE)

Sinrebirth

The_Loyal_Imperial
    • Darth Sanguinis (waiting to interact with SWBob's Jensaarai)

Someone else

/>
  21. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6

GrandAdmiralJello:

• Princess Arya (FREE)

Sinrebirth

The_Loyal_Imperial

darthramza
    • Jad Grohen (Waiting to interact with Rebecca_Daniels' Captain Stavus)

• Bik Grohen (I'm pulling him, I never really liked the way he played out)

Someone else

/>
  22. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    />
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6

GrandAdmiralJello:

• Princess Arya (FREE)

Sinrebirth

The_Loyal_Imperial

darthramza

Rebecca_Daniels
    • Captain Kallipso Stavus (working with ramza's Jad, other duties unknown)

• Ada Medina (free/possibly dropping her)

HanSolo29
    • Han Solo (waiting for folks to arrive at Kessel)

• Salla Vivek (awaiting a response to the call for mercs from Sinre)

Someone else

/>
  24. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    GrandAdmiralJello:

Emperor Iaius (interacting with Sinre's Lumiya)

Princess Arya (FREE)

Sinrebirth

Lady Lumiya (interacting with Jello's Emperor)

insert other characters here

The_Loyal_Imperial

Darth Sanguinis (waiting to interact with SWBob's Jensaarai)

darthramza

Jad Grohen (Waiting to interact with Rebecca_Daniels' Captain Stavus)

Bik Grohen (I'm pulling him, I never really liked the way he played out)

Rebecca_Daniels

Captain Kallipso Stavus (working with ramza's Jad, other duties unknown)

Ada Medina (free/possibly dropping her)

HanSolo29

Han Solo (waiting for folks to arrive at Kessel)

Salla Vivek (awaiting a response to the call for mercs from Sinre)

Protege-of-Thrawn

Chief Inspector Kane Lavos (about to combine post with Jello's Princess Ayra on Imperial Center)

Wil Shard (waiting to arrive at Kessel as part of rebel fleet, rescue op of prisoners)

Someone else

Character the First (interacting with Bob)

character the second (FREE)

character the third (FREE)
  25. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Restoring formatting:

GrandAdmiralJello:

• Princess Arya (FREE)

Sinrebirth

The_Loyal_Imperial

darthramza

Rebecca_Daniels
    • Captain Kallipso Stavus (working with ramza's Jad, other duties unknown)

• Ada Medina (free/possibly dropping her)

HanSolo29
    • Han Solo (waiting for folks to arrive at Kessel)

• Salla Vivek (awaiting a response to the call for mercs from Sinre)

Protege-of-Thrawn

• Chief Inspector Kane Lavos (about to combine post with Jello's Princess Arya on Imperial Center)

• Wil Shard (waiting to arrive at Kessel as part of rebel fleet, rescue op of prisoners)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.