1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Shifting Sands of Time: War of Independence

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by dontlookatmethatway, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Shifting Sands of Time: War of Independence

Time... the last and final battlefield.
    -Deimos, Strike Team Leader

Hi, and welcome to my RPG. Just so you know, this RPG idea was not influenced by any of the time travel themed games in the non-Star Wars forum as you can see here.

The Story

It is the year 2312. The world has changed substantially. After a series of wars two main power blocs have emerged. The first is the Alliance. The Alliance consists of much of Europe, the Americas, and northern Africa. It contains many nations, but is run by the United States behind the scenes. The second is the Consortium. The Consortium controls most of the rest of the world. Unlike the Alliance, there is no one power controlling the Consortium. These two groups are constantly at war. Intense competition has caused both sides to push the boundaries of science and technology. The most important of this research has given birth to a new area of conflict: time. The Alliance discovered time travel just a little ahead of the Consortium. At first, both sides were hesitant to send people back in time. They did not know what would happen if disaster struck. But new machines made it possible to stop a catastrophe before it disrupted the future. As a result of this, both blocs became less cautious. The Alliance created a special military branch to deal with this, Chrono Operations. The Consortium did the same thing. Their unit was christened the Time Warfare Division. So far, neither side has done any substantial damage through time travel. But the Consortium has planned a devastating offensive in this new field. They have reached back in the past, to the very beginning of the Alliance?s strongest nation: the American Revolution. It will take the best and brightest minds that Chrono Ops. can supply to counter this?

Characters

In War of Independence, you play one of the time commandos from Chrono Operations. The Consortium has launched a strike at the U. S. and you are there to stop it. You will be working together as a team. My character will lead the group. I will also play as the forces of the Consortium. No Consortium slots are open to players at this time. PM your character sheets to me.

Codename:
    Name:
    Nationality:
    Affiliation: (As stated above, players cannot be in the Consortium.)
    Appearance:
    Bio:

The Rules

1. No god-modding
    2. Follow the TOS
    3. The GM always has the final say
    4. No spamming, trolling, or baiting
    5. PM the GM your character sheet
    7. Have fun.
    8. Use correct grammar and spelling.
    9. OOCs are okay, just don?t post pages and pages of them.
    10. Have a sense of humor (see rule 6)

LSA :) Edit: Locked at author's request.
  2. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    PM sent, also i whole hartedly agree to follow rule 6, oh and should we also list equipment we'd like to use?
  3. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    mother tested gm approved

Codename: Shade
    Name: Veil
    Nationality: American
    Affiliation: Alliance
    Appearance:Black hair, Bright Pink eye contacts, always in a heavy leather Duster
    Bio: raised in the military town of Fort Bragg NC he was always surounded by men and women of the fighting force, at reaching the appropriate age he joined the armed forces for sniper training he came in as 2nd in his class for marksmenship and first for stealth infiltration. otherwise little is known about him but he is rather friendly
  4. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

star 3
    Over a week, and only one response? :( Guess this one isn't going to be as successful as I hoped it would be. I'll PM the mods to lock this. Oh well. Back to the drawing board!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.