main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The ship that Rey sees leave Jakku

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Vanguard, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I may be re-visiting this discussion, but I'm new and can't stop speculating as to who it was and why it's important enough to get a scene in the movie??? ANybody got some meaty hypothesis??

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    well some think it is kylo, others think it was Luke or someone doing it for Luke. It seems more and more possible that she is not related to anyone. that she is from a generalized origin. I hope she is Luke's daughter, but thats just me. I makes sense if she is Luke's daughter. The Jedi ordered failed, Luke in order to protect her from the First Order mind rubbs her and sends her to a place that she will not be found easily. This protects her externally, and it keeps her from having survivor's guilt.

be prepared that they may close this thread and steer you to one of the many other TFA threads out there. but for now, welcome to the forums!!

The Vanguard likes this.
  3. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016

NO PROBLEM! CLose me out boss! ANd thanks for the two cents, I like where this is going!

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    someone left rey there on purpose. we don't know who yet.

JediMatteus likes this.
  5. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I'm open to that theory, but that ship shown in TFA wasn't the one who dropped her off orignially - IF that's what really happened..

6. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    yes it was. rey sees herself as a little girl saying , "come back" to the ship. you asked why that ship is shown. that's why.

7. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    To me, whoever dropped her off was someone that doesn't love her deeply. Why leave someone you love with basically what amounts to a slave owner on a desert planet?

My personal theory is that it was Kylo that dropped her off. She's his cousin or sister, and he brought her there to protect her from the Jedi massacre (maybe this is why we see her being saved by what looks to be Kylo during her vision).

It's why he was so p*ssed when he found out that it was a girl on Jakku causing all the problems..."What girl?!" That was an "Oh ***t" moment for him.

And who knows, maybe it was Kylo that traded the iconic Falcon to Plutt in exchange for taking on Rey. OR maybe its vice versa and trading ships was payment for the slave, with the Falcon being a piece of junk ship that whoever dropped Rey off would be afraid of being tracked down easily.

Take all this, and we also know that Kylo seemingly has a good grasp on force mind probes and how to manipulate the brain. He, if anyone, showed himself the most to have the possible ability to mind wipe someone, implant thoughts, and/or remove force knowledge.

Maybe him probing Rey's brain unleashed these suppressed thoughts, or "Awakened" them, if you will.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    you leave them if they're safer there.

9. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    .. well if it had Kylo/Ben in it .. the ship was last seen heading off to distant space - the ship has indeed, well and truly sailed ;)

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Question to the OP, are you asking about the ship that grown-up Rey watched flying away as she was eating her quarter-portion, or the ship in her vision, the one that apparently dropped her off on Jakku?

11. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Good question Sarge, and yes I'm asking about the ship that Rey sees when she's grown up.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, this has been discussed a lot elsewhere. I'd bring it to the Rey thread. Locking.

The Vanguard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.