main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ships in the OT are MUCH cooler than those in AOTC or TPM

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by elfdart, Sep 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merkel

Merkel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    And the special editions are still my favorite versions of the movies of the first trilogy.

2. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    mine too.

3. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Yes see people do become fan because of the OTSE, PT, and yes EU.

4. Chris2

Chris2 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 11, 1998
    Of course, let's not forget Slave One:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/slavei/img/curve.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/slavei/img/eu_bg.jpg]

What's interesting is that both reflect the color scheme of their respective Fett owner's armor...

5. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Slave one that ship looks ok. I like the X-wing, and A-wing better.

6. SWfan2002

Jan 28, 2002
    What's interesting is that both reflect the color scheme of their respective Fett owner's armor...

I never noticed that before. That's really neat!

7. Darth_Tarpals

Darth_Tarpals Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    I don't understand how people can say AOTC was a box office let down, even for Star Wars. 323 million dollars is a lot of money, 30 or something more than ESB made, plus it had a LOT more competition.

8. SWfan2002

Jan 28, 2002
    If AOTC ends up making more money than ROTJ, it will be the second highest grossing sequel ever-- behind TPM. See my signature for the full listing of most successfull sequels (not adjusted for inflation).

9. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Because the Basher just don't like it and they seem to want other people not to like it.

Careful SWFAN2002 they could bash you for that.

I waih I could have Vaders SSD and I would also like to have the A-wing and X-wing.

10. Chris2

Oct 11, 1998
    Here's an examination side-by-side of the Gunship with two-look alike vessels and the main inspiration for it, the HIND. Looks like they mixed these two with the HIND for that "Star Warsy" look. Before the HIND influence was brought up, many fans considered the MTT's resemblance to the gunship from the leaked drawings...

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tfed_mtt/img/curve.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/republicgunship/img/movie_bg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/xwing/img/eu_bg.jpg]

[image=http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mi-24-20000217-f-8825t-0011.jpg]

11. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I don't see it with the X-wing sorry.

12. Chris2

Oct 11, 1998
    The X-wing resemblance IMO is in the colors(Red/white) and the wings. Also the gun pods are slightly reminiscent of TIE fighters.

13. Darth_Tarpals

Jun 11, 2002
    Now that you mention it.. the missle rack/wing arrangement does look sorta like an X-wing. Good call! :D

14. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Sorry Chris2 I just don't see it. But that is just me.

15. The_Shadow_SITH

The_Shadow_SITH Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2002
    I like the X-wing, and A-wing better.

Have you seen a Z-95 Headhunter? It looks like the X-Wing but without the top two wings. It looks sweet.

16. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Never have seen one. Wish I could.

17. Chris2

Oct 11, 1998
    Interestingly, the toy version of the Jedi Starfighter features an "attack mode".

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/jedifighter_trans2.jpg]

As you can see, it turns the ship into something subtly resembling the Sith Infiltrator. Almost like an antithesis. Except of course the Infiltrator appears far more roomy.
    There were rumors that there was going to be a battle scene, in which some of the surviving Jedi knights boarded one of the docked battleships, boarded their fighters, and then joined the battle with their starfighters. We never do actually see Obi-Wan firing his ship...evidence of a possible scrapped Episode II space battle seems to exist in the novel, in the JEDI STARFIGHTER video game, and was partially confirmed on the official site.
    On precursors-one can spot subtle influences of the Imperial shuttle in both the Trade Federation's shuttlecraft and to a lesser degree the Infiltrator. The Trade Federation Core ships seen in AOTC also seem to have a Death-Star like appearence to them. Perhaps the TF had a hand in the design of the DS, or the TF is strongly dependent on Geonosian technology? Their battle droids seem to be based on Geonosians, despite what the EU says about "Dried up Neimoudian skeletons"

18. The_Shadow_SITH

The_Shadow_SITH Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2002
  19. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Chris2 you are right.

The_Shadow_SITH: Thanks for putting that link up. Yes it does look like an X-wing. But I will always like the X-wing. But the Z95headhnuter does look cool.

20. Chris2

Oct 11, 1998
    The Z-95 is actually based on pre-production artwork for the X-wing. Same goes for a good chunk of EU ships, such as the Victory Class Star Destroyer and the Juggernaught.

21. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    So that is why you never here about them in the moives. Well I guess they have to be some were so why not the EU. It is SW to. But not the NJO. The can't kill Chewbacca off.

22. Darth_Tarpals

Jun 11, 2002
    NJO are the delusions of grandeur of a man on pot, who decided to write something, and slap the name "Star Wars" on it.

23. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Oh. Is that way they killed off Chewbacca. why not jut kill off Han, Leia, Luke, and Lando whale there at it. That is why I stay away form the NJO.

24. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    Hehehe

I love when people say revisonist history.
    First off, Star Wars isn't history. It's fiction. Second writers constantly revision what they're doing into it's in the final form. The way they want it.
    Like a sculptor revising a bolder into a statue.

My fav ships are the Imperial shuttle, the Jedi fighter, and Sith Infiltrator.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Imperial Palace

[image=http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/cards/galaxy/cmoons.jpg]

Now that is one heck of a house. [face_love].

Oh, and you might want to click the picture. It looks really distorted in this picture.

EDIT:

The Palace is the tall spired building in back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.