JCC The shooting of Christopher Lane

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  2. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    When did Juliet hack Vin's account?

As for the shooting, I've even seen it reported here in Austria and Germany. Pretty sickening story.
    Last edited by yankee8255, Aug 21, 2013
  3. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    1. One of them appears to be white. I don't know if he considers himself to be white, though.

2. Unlike Zimmerman v. Trayvon, this seems to be sociopaths killing a random dude rather than an obvious case of racial profiling/hate crime.

3. Black kids killing white men and getting away with it isn't exactly a systemic problem in the United States.

4. It is pretty big news worldwide because the victim was Australian. An anti-gun (i.e., FASCIST COMMIE) Australian politician even commented on it and advised his countrymen to be careful when visiting the U.S.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Aug 21, 2013
    Rogue_Ten and Lord Vivec like this.
  4. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    1. That dude is half white just like our "black" president

2. I'm not sold 100% this is correct

3. Eh
  5. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Zimmerman/Martin is an obvious case of a hate crime? Give Eric Holder a call, I hear he's desperately looking for evidence so he can charge Zimmerman.
    Last edited by yankee8255, Aug 21, 2013
  6. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Is there evidence that could convict Zimmerman in a court? Probably not. But he stalked Trayvon Martin and caused his death because he was a black male. It's not exactly difficult or farfetched to infer that.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Aug 21, 2013
  7. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 7
    This kind of thing bothers me tremendously. You don't want to think that these kinds of random killings "for fun" really happen, but I suppose they do.

Adding to my personal disgust is the fact that this shooting happened less than three and a half hours away from where I live.
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It's getting plenty of coverage in Australia. And here.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Actually Vin, it has been getting attention here in the states. I saw both local and national news reports yesterday.

What does this say about our society, when a bunch of teens decide the best way to alieviate their 'boredom' is to kill somebody at random.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Aug 21, 2013
  10. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    It says they are appeasing your post count. :p
  11. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I'm not trying to apologize for these kids, but Oklahoma is really, really boring.
  12. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    It'll get plenty of coverage here... murder, uncomfortable racial angle, etc.

You can bet an OK jury is not going to be particularly lenient here. These kids just signed their lives away.
  13. Lord Vivec Force Ghost

star 7
    His skin color is significantly whiter than the president's. It is no contest.
  14. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Racist!
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. Lord Vivec Force Ghost

star 7
    It is a measurable fact.
  16. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Haven't seen anything on the BBC news about it here in the UK. They're more concerned with Syria, Egypt, and local politics.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Aug 21, 2013
  17. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I didn't even see anything about race in the article I read yesterday. This is a big story because of the apparent lack of motive beyond boredom. They're probably not even sociopaths or psychopaths or whatever.
  18. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    what's funny is im used to these kind of stories (kids killing adults or other kids for fun) coming out of australia and to a lesser extent britain
  19. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 6
    I thought this thread title said "The Shooting of Christopher Lee". :(
  20. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I made the damn thread and that is all I see each time I come back.
    Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
  21. GenAntilles Force Ghost

star 4
    Those three kids are obliviously sick and need help. Hopefully a jury will see that and give them the mental health they need so they can one day return to society.
  22. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Or they're just idiots.
  23. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Do you have some suggestion to the contrary? Is there a reason not to accept the killers' freely offered explanation? Is there some piece of evidence being overlooked? Or have you merely inferred that because the victim was white, it must have been a racially motivated crime, and that the media's failure to make this angle the centerpiece of their coverage in the absence of any supportive facts sure evidence of a vast conspiracy to oppress white males?

This is not at all like the Martin case. There, a man claimed a conveniently stereotypical rationale for pursuing someone who in fact displayed no signs of behavior we might call suspicious or unreasonable. Behavior which, in retrospect, and with the benefit of fuller understanding, even the killer himself has conceded wasn't at all inappropriate.
    Rogue_Ten and Darth Guy like this.
  24. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    They flat out admitted they did it because they were bored.
  25. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Oh look, Americans with guns shooting things. Guns aren't the problem though - the teens could have used throwing knives to the same effect. More guns are needed! If this Australian was jogging with an AR-15 and kevlar vest he could have protected himself! [face_flag]