main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Sian Ny Chronicles - Sian and Trin - updated 2/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Good to see Qui-Gon and Trin getting along so well. And Xanatos hm he is just like that.

Great update=D=

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm liking Trin more and more... I never liked Xan and I'm glad Trin isn't bothered by Xan's lack of enthusiasm. Does Xan have any redeeming qualities, btw? o_O

Great update =D=

3. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007

?Good,? Sian said. ?I?m starving.?

?He?s always starving,? Qui-Gon told Trin. ?We?ve got chocolate cake for dessert,? he added. Then he whispered, ?And don?t worry, I?ve saved you an extra piece. I know Sian?s habits pretty well.?

Trin smiled up at Qui-Gon. ?I think this may be the start of a wonderful friendship,? the boy observed with a wink.

Awww, of course it will! That's so cute. Trin is so adorable. *pats him*

Xan does have some redeeming qualities, else Qui-Gon would not have taken him, but maybe Trin just caught Xan on a bad hair day or something :p ;)

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    pparently Ny is trying to impress his Padawan by showing up on time

Or perhaps he's just trying to keep Qui-Gon on his toes :p

Now I can't help but wonder how much, if any, of an influence Xanatos will have on Trin

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Not much, I hope.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I wonder if Xan is jealous that Qui-Gon is nice to Trin...?

6. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Yay! Chocolate cake!! And an extra piece for Trin. Qui-Gon is smart. [face_laugh]

Sounds like Trin/Xanatos interactions are going to be interesting....

Great update! Can't wait for more!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan We'll be seeing more of the interaction between Xanatos and Sian in a short story I'm writing. But that's later! ;)

Alexis_Wingstar He does, if only because anyone is rarely all good or all bad. Unfortunately, Xanatos lets his less attractive qualities take control of him.

Jinngerbread And let's face it, some teenagers are unpleasant more than they are pleasant. All those hormones... [face_devil] Poor things.

KELIA
    Yeah, probably the latter! [face_mischief]

ratna Maybe. Or it could just be teenaged mood swings. [face_whistling]

Rogue_Pilot_2347 I hope they'll be interesting anyway! :p

[b]Foundations [/b]

Already packed and ready to go, Sian had decided to check on his Padawan. The boy was hunched over his bed, muttering to himself and rummaging through a bag.

Sian tried to hide his smile as Trin checked the contents of his small travel bag. Again. Trin had packed and repacked twice last night. Then he had gotten up early this morning and gone through the ritual several more times.

?I?m pretty sure that the same things you packed are still in there,? Sian said solemnly.

Trin rolled his eyes slightly, though his tone was properly respectful. ?Yes, Master. I?m just making sure.?

?Would you like to check [i]my[/i] bag, too?? Sian offered teasingly, holding it out for Trin?s inspection.

?I wouldn?t presume, Master Sian,? Trin replied primly, and gave a slight bow.

?Oh, so you [i]can[/i] be the model of a perfect Jedi Padawan,? Sian said with mock surprise.

?Almost as often as you are the model of the ideal Jedi Knight,? Trin said with a hint of mischief. Then his expression fell and he sank down onto the bed. ?I think I?m nervous, Master,? he admitted bluntly.

Sian sat down beside the boy. ?That?s to be expected,? he assured his Padawan. ?Not only is this your first time off Coruscant, it?s your first mission as a Jedi.?

Trin was silent for a moment, and then asked softly, ?Were [i]you[/i] nervous on your first mission?? Sian sensed the boy?s worry, his fear that his ?weakness? would shame his master.

?I almost wet my pants,? Sian confessed with a bark of laughter, shaking his head at the memory.

Trin?s mouth fell open in shock. ?I don?t believe you.?

?Just ask Master Qui-Gon some time,? Sian said. ?I?m quite sure he?d be more than happy to share the whole sordid story with you.?

?You?ve known him a long time,? Trin observed.

?We?ve been friends since the day we met, and that was a very long time ago indeed,? Sian answered. Then he stood up and winked. ?Now?are you ready to go??

Pausing for just a moment, Trin nodded and then flashed a quick, embarrassed grin. ?Let me run to the ?fresher first!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sian led Trin to the rather cramped quarters they would share, but even that small space was not enough to dim the boy?s enthusiasm. He threw his bag on the cot and began exploring. The tiny ?fresher was pronounced ?cool? and the accommodations were ?wizard.? Sian could barely remember when he himself had been so enthused, though of course, almost every Padawan would have been thrilled to eat mud if only to get out of the Temple of their first mission.

Even in the dimness of Sian?s memory, he could remember that he had first [i]felt[/i] like a Jedi on his first mission. It was a rite of passage as much as getting the Padawan braid, or being addressed as Knight for the first time.

?When do we get to explore the ship?? Trin asked, almost jumping up and down in his excitement.

?As soon as I put my bag down,? Sian teased and watched with amusement as Trin took it from his hand and tossed it on the other cot.

?There,? Trin said matter-of-factly. ?Let?s go!? He took hold of Sian?s hand and led him out of the cabin.

The captain of the vessel was just completing her take-off responsibilities and when she spied Sian, she turned it over to her co-captain. ?Well now, they didn?t tell me I?d be transporting the handsome Master Ny,? s

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love those two and that gentle bantering between Sian and the captain.

A great insight in the lives of two likable characters.

9. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Nice post! I'm liking your characters more and more. Sorry I haven't time for a longer reply, but, as always, I can't wait for the next bit!

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Ah, sweet! It's nice to see Sian being responsible. Perhaps he'll be a model jedi yet. [face_mischief]

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan I'm having fun with them. :p

Rogue_Pilot_2347 ANY length reply welcome. Even lurkers are most welcome here! [:D]

Alexis_Wingstar Don't hold your breath! [face_laugh]

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...I loved Trin's nervousness and excitement and it's great he has a master who understands and can handle the extra energy.

I serve the Force better than I do the Order

That is what makes one a great Jedi. If the Council had gotten the memo on that, perhaps they wouldn't have been blinded to the Sith's re-emergence.

It was nice to see Shanna give Sian a pep talk. She's right about him being a good Master.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Ok, perhaps a jedi model then. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.